PDA

View Full Version : Aidan Sezer - 2012 player discussion

DIEHARD
11-03-12, 11:30 PM
Aidan Sezer

DIEHARD
11-03-12, 11:31 PM
Sezer leads Burleigh to opening win

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2012/03/11/aidan-sezer-deep.jpg

IT took just one game to show why the Gold Coast Titans have placed their faith in playmaker Aidan Sezer, as the 20-year-old ran rampant for Burleigh in their opening Queensland Cup game today.

The former Bulldogs under 20s star was playing his first competition game in 10 months after undergoing a reconstruction on his left knee.

But there was no evidence Sezer was anything but fully fit as he ran rampant for Burleigh in their 36-24 win against Norths.

The five-eighth racked up a personal tally of 16 points from a try and six goals from six attempts.

Titans coach John Cartwright, watching on from the sidelines, was likely to have been impressed in his young recruit, who stepped confidently off his reconstructed left leg and led the team around the park well.

The Bears let a first-half 18-4 lead slip with Norths scoring 20 unanswered points to take the lead early in the second half.

But a strong effort from a pack including Titans squad members Brenton Lawrence and Bodene Thompson helped the Bears back into the game.

Coach Paul Bramley said the ability to refocus had been pleasing.

"This team last year would have got done by 40 at that point," Bramley said of Norths taking the lead.

"It was disappointing that period where we were undisciplined but pleasing we found a way to reset ourselves and come back to win."

Tweed Heads' season started on a disappointing note after they allowed Wynnum-Manly 16 unanswered points to overhaul them in the grand final rematch at Kougari Oval.

Leading 24-10, the Seagulls looked to have the game sewn up but allowed the home side back 26-24.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/03/11/398741_gold-coast-titans.html

Julius Sezer
29-04-12, 12:42 PM
A young gun. Sezer should be the future for the club

Julius Sezer
26-04-13, 08:42 AM
Brad Fittler, Mat Rogers influence rising star Aidan Sezer
by: Marge McDonald
April 26, 2013 12:00AM

A PLAYER who has modelled his game on Brad Fittler and is being coached by Mat Rogers is emerging as one of the saviours at the Gold Coast.
We won't know until late August whether five-eighth Aidan Sezer has managed to steer the Titans into the finals.

But the fact that after only four games together, he and Albert Kelly are among the top halves combinations in the NRL speaks volumes. Gold Coast is sixth on the ladder but third in the NRL behind the Roosters and Brisbane in terms of kick-metres.

Sezer's left boot and Kelly's right are proving a powerful combination.

"The majority of the kickers in the game are right-footed. Fullbacks find it a bit easier receiving right-foot kicks," Sezer, 21, said.

"Albie is a right-footer so we both try to find space either side as best we can.

"Kicking is something I'm driven by as I want it to become one of my strengths."

...His hit-ups and offloads are also above average for a five-eighth in the NRL.

He arrived on the Gold Coast late in 2011 from Canterbury with a specific mission in mind.

"At the time there was a big opportunity here with no five-eighth because Mat (Rogers) had retired," Sezer said. "So I thought why not give it a crack, as the Bulldogs had brought in Trent Hodkinson when I was in the under-20s.

"I felt like I needed a change on and off the field and the Titans wanted me. Hopefully I'm the man. It's only early days yet with just 20-odd games."

Sezer, along with Beau Henry and Jordan Rankin, work with dual international Rogers each week on five-eighth play.

"He's done nearly all of it in the game. I love having him around the joint. I'm like a sponge with him, taking everything I can off him," Sezer said.

He was also obsessed with another No 6 growing up.

"Brad Fittler was somebody I tried to model my game on," he said.

"He's a freak so I can't do all that he could. I'll stick to my strengths because I always want to improve and establish myself as a regular first grader."

That seems to be evolving quite well, just like his relationship with Kelly.

Sezer knew in the off-season that he would have to do more after the Titans parted with Scott Prince.

"Obviously I was a bit disappointed to lose Princey as a mate and as a team-mate. He's happy now, but I was upset initially -- more about losing a friend rather than anything on the field."

So when Kelly arrived, Sezer made sure they became friends above all else.

"We have a good relationship outside of footy and that always helps with the chemistry on it," he said. "We take the positives from each other and we talk a lot. We also have a pretty experienced pack which helps."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/brad-fittler-mat-rogers-influence-rising-star-aidan-sezer/story-fnca0von-1226629605586