PDA

View Full Version : Johns and Lockyer v Jones and Marshall

DIEHARD
26-09-05, 07:41 PM
With Jones riding to the rescue of the Kiwis and Johns returning to play for the Kangaroos, the question remains....

Will Marshall play for the Kiwis? It is possible, especially considering the Tigers are in the grand final.

Andew Johns and Darren Lockyer v Stacey Jones and Benji Marshall.

This is what international footy should be! This is what would bring people streaming through the gates!

I think there is a 40% chance Benji will play...but I'm happy just with Jones and Johns returning to the Test Match arena.

COME ON BENJI! PLAY!

Teegy
26-09-05, 07:44 PM
Would be a great contest. ut hoping Locky get moved to fullback and they bring in Barrett

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 07:52 PM
I thought Marshall made himself unavailable to have shoulder surgery or something.

But I think Lockyer and JOhns will be the better halves combo.

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 07:56 PM
I want it to be Johns/Barrett v Jones/Marshall..with Lockyer fullback.

Personally, I'd love to see Stacey come out and have an absolute blinder and beat Johns all over the park...with Australia still winning in the last second thanks to some Barrett magic or something :D

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 07:57 PM
Id like to see Lockyer back at fullback too, but I doubt it will happen, the backend of the season has changed my mind, and I want him abck there, just too see, but I doubt it will happen.

Teegy
26-09-05, 08:06 PM
Locky hates playing 5/8 but Bennetts isn't budging

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 08:09 PM
So he should, hes in the game too much at 6, and other teams are getting used to the way. Him playing 5/8 is showing just how over rated he is.

Karmichael to 6. Lockyer back to 1.

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 08:30 PM
Karmichael or Eastwood.

Im not sure how good K's kicking game is too be moved to 5/8 yet?

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 08:32 PM
Hes got a good long kicking game, and besides Lockyer kicks heaps from Fullback anyway and Seymour can kick abit too..

Teegy
26-09-05, 08:33 PM
Seymour is a good kicker

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 08:36 PM
Mm sometimes, Seymour hasn't been consistent enough though. He hasn't showed what he can fully do.

And Para, K hasn't kicked much, and each time he has, its been to the opposing player, he needs to learn where to place his kicks.

But yeah Lockyer could kick h eaps from FB anwyays.

Teegy
26-09-05, 08:38 PM
Locky would be more potent from fullback because he can pick his time to make a move

Dakink
26-09-05, 08:38 PM
Locky hates playing 5/8 but Bennetts isn't budging

Strikes me as refusing to admit his mistake - Id be getting back out of there as fast as I could. Its killing him.

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 08:40 PM
WEll I hope pre season Trials, waht I was told would happen, happens, then we can see how Lockyer goes back at fullback again.

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 08:42 PM
']Mm sometimes, Seymour hasn't been consistent enough though. He hasn't showed what he can fully do.

And Para, K hasn't kicked much, and each time he has, its been to the opposing player, he needs to learn where to place his kicks.

But yeah Lockyer could kick h eaps from FB anwyays.

Seymours useless lol. If Hunt actually kicked everyweek Im sure he'd pick it up, when you only kick once every few games, its hard to get a rythem going.

Strikes me as refusing to admit his mistake - Id be getting back out of there as fast as I could. Its killing him.

Hes a stubborn old man.

Teegy
26-09-05, 08:43 PM
thats why he needs to take 1 step back and allow people to help him

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 08:45 PM
He wont though.

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 08:47 PM
Bennett has admitted he needs to make changes ... I mean thats why hes experimenting at pre seasons.

I wish Hunt was given more oppurtunity to kick and work at his kicking game.

DIEHARD
26-09-05, 08:48 PM
Lockyer is a champion and Hunt is as useless as a sack of wet potatos.

Anyway how good would Johns/Locky v Jones/Marshall be?!

Dakink
26-09-05, 08:54 PM
Hehe - Very good!

PARANoIR
26-09-05, 08:54 PM

I quite enjoy sacks of wet potatos :D

[BroncosGirl]
26-09-05, 08:55 PM

Yea Hunts useless :rolleyes:

But It would be good to see that matchup. I hope Marshall plays, but hes got to do what hes got to do. :D

DIEHARD
26-09-05, 09:28 PM
']Yea Hunts useless :rolleyes:

He is a hopeless and gutless player with no heart.

He is the dictionary definition of over rated.

Dakink
26-09-05, 09:30 PM

Hehe I take it your not a fan....

He is only what 18\19???

And you leave the Dragons alone now!

footyfan09
26-09-05, 09:39 PM
Should be a very interesting tussle. looking forward to it

DIEHARD
26-09-05, 09:54 PM
And you leave the Dragons alone now!

Hahaha at least until next year! ;)

DeeGan
27-09-05, 02:38 AM
Let's get one thing clear...

Darren Lockyer is a great player who for the back half of the season was running on empty shouldering once more the attacking burden of the Brisbane Broncos attack still coming to grips with life without Allan Langer.

Darren Lockyer hates playing five-eight? No. I had the priveledge of interviewing him after the demolition of Parramatta this season and he welcomes the challenge recognising he has a lot of improvement in him when it comes to being mentioned a GREAT five-eight.

Darren Lockyer is a victim of his own greatness as is this case with the top echelon of players. When he is down on form, he has every Tom, DeeGan or Harry pointing it out telling us what is wrong.

Lockyer will play five-eight and will once more lead the Kangaroo's in style as he has done in the past two seasons. Lockyer's record as Australian captain is impeccable with only one loss in something like nine tests as captain.

Is he the form five-eight at the moment? No. On form, Trent Barrett is picked ahead of him though great players earn a reprieve that fringe players are not afforded.

Teegy
27-09-05, 08:39 AM
Darren Lockyer hates playing five-eight? No. I had the priveledge of interviewing him after the demolition of Parramatta this season and he welcomes the challenge recognising he has a lot of improvement in him when it comes to being mentioned a GREAT five-eight.

Sorry Deegan but that one is incorrect for i to have the privilage to be able to talk to him when he rings my uncle who used to coach him when he was 15. so maybe for interveiws he puts on a good face and blames it all on himself bu he hates 5/8 and the soner bennett finds our then the sooner lockyer starts playing good footy again

DeeGan
27-09-05, 09:42 AM
Sorry Deegan but that one is incorrect for i to have the privilage to be able to talk to him when he rings my uncle who used to coach him when he was 15. so maybe for interveiws he puts on a good face and blames it all on himself bu he hates 5/8 and the soner bennett finds our then the sooner lockyer starts playing good footy again

Well that's fine, though I will stick with what I got straight from the horse's mouth if it's all the same ;)

BTW, I am not incorrect given I have the interview on record, all this may prove is someone is lying and it ain't myself ;)

Cheers

DeeGan

[BroncosGirl]
27-09-05, 10:23 AM

... You could point the finger at a lot of Broncos players for looking like they had no heart and couldn't be bothered. But Hunt has been pretty good for us this year. Obviously your are not a fan, but he has plently of heart though. Whenever I go to a game, I always see him fired up, ordering the guys around, hes been one of the only ones trying to take organisation with the team in the back end, Lockyer and Seymour weren't diong it much.

DeeGran is correct though, its hard on Lockyer, because he has a lot of expectations on him, and when he doens't perform, obviously everybody knows about it, and its brought up alot. He does seem to perform well in internation though despite the BRoncos form before they exited, well going on last year.
I hate to say it, but its obviously because with the Kangaroos hes got a great side to play with, forwards who go forward and don't tire easily. Whereas BRoncos we have old forwards, Webcke and Civo are the same style forward and on the same time, they're slow forwards.