PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 1 Warriors v Manly Sea Eagles

TITAN PETE
29-02-12, 12:35 PM
SUNDAY:

Warriors v Manly Sea Eagles at Eden Park, 2:00pm #NRLWARMAN

WARRIORS: Kevin Locke, Bill Tupou, Konrad Hurrell, Jerome Ropati, Manu Vatuvei, James Maloney, Shaun Johnson, Russell Packer, Nathan Friend, Ben Matulino, Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering (c), Elijah Taylor. Interchange (from): Lewis Brown, Sione Lousi, Ben Henry, Ukuma Ta'ai, Glen Fisiiahi, Krisnan Inu, Alehana Mara.

SEA EAGLES: Brett Stewart, Michael Oldfield, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, David Williams, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason King, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Glenn Stewart. Interchange (from): Jamie Buhrer, Vic Mauro, Darcy Lussick, George Rose, Jorge Taufua

shamus
04-03-12, 02:01 PM
What a fantastic game of footy!

Geez......Manu either has a shocker or a ripper but to do both in the one game is commendable.. :p

That leaves both my GF teams up the top of the ladder...:)

How many rounds to go??

Chaos
04-03-12, 02:09 PM
I agree shamus...that game made my weekend.

Such exciting halves on both sides with Maloney having an off night...I think that was the difference.
Manu didn't help with dropping the ball

That's how rugby league should be played...it seemed like the other games were played with different rules.

Nick
04-03-12, 10:23 PM
Can we just go and kidnap Johnson?? the kid is a freakish talent.

TITAN PETE
06-03-12, 02:50 PM
Sea Eagles 26 def. Warriors 20

The Moment: David Williams showed centimetre-perfect judgment twice in the opening 11 minutes of this 2011 grand final rematch to help vault the premiers to a commanding lead. First he resisted opposite number Manu Vatuvei to score with eight minutes gone, in the process planting the pill perilously close to the right corner post, before orchestrating an incredible try that’s already been edited into the season’s highlights reels. The ‘Wolfman’ burst onto a Jamie Lyon pass 35 metres out from the Warriors’ try line and high-tailed it down the right edge. Just when it looked like Vatuvei had him covered and was about to hurl him into touch the Manly flanker managed to put ball to boot with a deft kick from nine metres out. The Steeden travelled just six metres forward and perhaps as many metres infield – and into the waiting arms of halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to score. It would have been a huge thrill for Williams, who missed last year’s decider after breaking a vertebra in his neck in Round 25. Certainly it was for all fans who witnessed this extraordinary advertisement for attacking rugby league at Eden Park.