PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 1 Parramatta Eels v Brisbane Broncos

TITAN PETE
29-02-12, 12:20 PM
FRIDAY:

Parramatta Eels v Brisbane Broncos at Parramatta Stadium, 7:30pm #NRLPARBRI

EELS: Luke Burt, Ken Sio, Esi Tonga, Ryan Morgan, Cheyse Blair, Ben Roberts, Chris Sandow, Tim Mannah, Matt Keating, Mitchell Allgood, Nathan Hindmarsh, Taniela Lasalo Justin Horo. Interchange (from): Casey McGuire, Fuifui Moimoi, Justin Poore, Reni Maitua, Taulima Tautai

BRONCOS: Josh Hoffman, Gerard Beale, Jack Reed, Justin Hodges, Jharal Yow Yeh, Corey Norman, Peter Wallace, Ben Hannant, Andrew McCullough, Sam Thaiday (c), Alex Glenn, Ben Te'o, Corey Parker. Interchange: Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Scott Anderson.

TITAN PETE
03-03-12, 08:28 AM
Well I'll have to congratulate the Boncos on wearing what you could only describe as the Ugliest Soccer Jersey that Rugby League has ever seen !

Apart from that I think I watched the early Spoon Favorites & the other team looks like they have lost their leader & have no direction.

Toads
03-03-12, 10:27 AM
Tend to agree about the jerseys. In fact, instead of the current nickname of the 'ponies', I might refer to them as the 'pansies' in future. As there's a type of pansy that resembles their colours to a tee.

EDIT: Here's a fine specimen..

http://www.gardensablaze.com/PansyYellow.jpg

Titanic
03-03-12, 12:53 PM
lol ... Sandow misfired and I thought the Pansies looked ok but nothing wonderful.

DIEHARD
03-03-12, 03:19 PM
Didnt get to watch much of the game. Didnt really wanna see the Broncos win but against Parra that is one incidence it isn't too bad.

How did Norman go? It being so rainy I wouldnt expect much.

The jerseys were half right, they just got the colour all wrong. But a damn side better than those white and blue ones they have been wearing. I dunno about the gold... yellow shorts.

TITAN PETE
06-03-12, 02:51 PM
Broncos 18 def. Eels 6

The Moment: Some nervous moments for Broncos fans who had to wait almost three-quarters of the match for their charges to gain breathing space over the committed Eels. One of the few bright spots on a miserable night was halfback Peter Wallace stepping up to the plate and shouldering the increased playmaking workload, sans Darren Lockyer. Wallace’s instinctive kick for himself from 10 metres out on the last tackle in the 59th minute gave the Broncos the lead for the first time; the importance of the play was evident when Wallace slammed the ball into the sodden turf in a mixture of triumph and overwhelming relief. Sure he got a little luck, with the ball rebounding off Eels hooker Matt Keating’s leg, but Wallace’s terrier-like chase shows he’s well and truly switched on early. Good signs.