PDA

View Full Version : best movie of 2005

Super Cronk
23-01-06, 11:13 AM
Out of the following what do you think was the best movie of 2005?

I obviously couldnt list every single movie from 2005, but tried to pick some of the most popular ones.

DIEHARD
23-01-06, 11:21 AM
Batman Begins
War of the Worlds
Cinderella Man
Sin City
Revenge of the Sith

Super Cronk
23-01-06, 11:22 AM
I picked war of the worlds. Was a really good film IMO.

Also the devils rejects was great.

Dakink
23-01-06, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately I didnt get to see just about any of those films grrr... Need more spare time.

Titans#1
23-01-06, 11:41 AM
Constantine and Madagascar.

Those 2 do it for me lol

SuperCliffy#01
23-01-06, 12:01 PM
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

watched war of the worlds (should have been renamed Tom Cruise and the war of the worlds but only in America).

Totally boring

DIEHARD
23-01-06, 12:11 PM
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

watched war of the worlds (should have been renamed Tom Cruise and the war of the worlds but only in America).

Totally boring

You forgot to say "cya" :laugh:

I don't know how War of the Worlds could be boring, with giant alien war machines stalking the landscape and people being eradiated left right and centre...maybe they should have focused more on the battle.

Eel 33
23-01-06, 01:45 PM
Out if the ones listed, i picked Mr & Mrs Smith. Only went to the movies twice or 3 times. The only other movie i can remember going to was Star Wars. My vote will stand tho. I didn't recognise the name, if it said Star Wars, i would've picked it. D'oh. :p :p

Moejoe
23-01-06, 06:57 PM
Mr. and Mrs. Smith was my choice however I do have a soft spot for War of the worlds, Only because While in America earlier this year We had the chance to drive through one of the big sets of the movie (the one with the crashed Airplane) at Universal Studio's Hollywood.

But I saw mr. and Mrs. smith the other day on DvD and laughed so much for 2 hours continuosly.

Queenslander
23-01-06, 07:14 PM
Batman Begins was the best film of 2005. Great acting, great direction and re-birth of the legend of Batman :thumbsup:

Steve Dangerous
23-01-06, 07:46 PM
Easily 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'. Such an awesome witty movie.

But that wasn't on the list, so i voted for Sin City. Visual masterpiece.

Super Cronk
23-01-06, 07:49 PM
Easily 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang'. Such an awesome witty movie.

But that wasn't on the list, so i voted for Sin City. Visual masterpiece.

you could have chose "other".

SuperCliffy#01
25-01-06, 11:47 AM
You forgot to say "cya" :laugh:

I don't know how War of the Worlds could be boring, with giant alien war machines stalking the landscape and people being eradiated left right and centre...maybe they should have focused more on the battle.

I have seen the other two versions of War of the Worlds and they showed plenty of action of Humans v Martian, but when the Tom Criuse character occupies 95 percent of screen time then i find that boring and that sceen in the basement was far to long and in H.G Welles/ Theatrical and the other two movie versions the Tom Cruise character did not kill the guy in the basement so i cant understand why his main character in this movie version becomes a murderer.

It is a shame that Steven Spielburg ruined a perfectly good movie by concentrating on one character, and also not bring the rest of the world into the equation. cya.

Go_The_Doggies
25-01-06, 12:42 PM
It hasnt been released in OZ or the states yet....its a nz based film..'the worlds fastest indian' about southland motorbiking legend burt munro(spelling)...its such a awesome movie...and the mayor of my citys in it:D..hell half is based in my city:D