PDA

View Full Version : Roosters pilliage others Juniors.

Eel 33
23-01-06, 10:23 AM
For years, the Roosters have done nothing but steal, rape and pilliage every other teams juniors, because they were too lazy to set up a decent system themselves. Yeah ok, they have had some of their own come through the ranks, the only one I can think of is Luke Ricketson (please add others to the list.) They then have the nerve to "steal" clubs in others district to try and look like they're boosting their juniors base. Eg: Cabramatta is part of the Parramatta District Junior League, but last year they were classified as a club where the Roosters get their juniors from. BUGGER OFF ROOSTERS!!! Develop your own juniors with the massive amounts of money that is made from your revenue sources, and develop those juniors that are in your own area. I'msure there are others that see things the same as me.

Super Cronk
23-01-06, 10:26 AM
Sigh.

Roosters arent the only team that "steals"....i dont know how it is stealing...its rugby league, you sign players for your team. It isnt like they are being forced from their previous team and being held at gun point.

If the juniors want to go there then so be it.

Eel 33
23-01-06, 10:34 AM
Sigh.

Roosters arent the only team that "steals"....i dont know how it is stealing...its rugby league, you sign players for your team. It isnt like they are being forced from their previous team and being held at gun point.

If the juniors want to go there then so be it.

As I said super cronk, they are the only established team in the comp that doesn't have a decent junior system. I realise that if a $40000 contract is being waved in front of a 17 yr old before leaving high school, he's gunna take it. But they have to build their own juniors first.
I didn't include the Storm in this as they are in "foreign" territory. It's a little harder for them get started in basically a "closed shop" environment. From what i've heard, they're doing a real good job atm and should continue to open the eyes of the mexicans to our product.

DeeGan
23-01-06, 10:55 AM
Yeah ok, they have had some of their own come through the ranks, the only one I can think of is Luke Ricketson (please add others to the list.)

First up I am not fully aware of the what the regional boundaries are down in Sydney in relation to the Sydney clubs, though add Anthony Minichello and Ryan Cross to that list. I am sure Chris Flannery and Mick Crocker could be included as well. I am certain they were signed as juniors.

The Sydney Roosters cannot be signalled out for recruiting NRL club juniors, it happens with all clubs.

I ask this, what about the players the Roosters have signed that have improved as players?

Here are five examples:

Anthony Tupou - Newcastle Knights junior; potential was seen in this once overweight kid who is now on the cusp of Origin selection.

Craig Fitzgibbon - Illawarra Steelers junior/St George Dragon; was a bench player for St George and has gone on to represent his state and country.

Jason Cayless - Parramatta Eels; lived in the shadow of brother Nathan though at the Roosters emerged from it and IMO is the better player right now.

Craig Wing - Souths junior; once the most overrated player in the game, that all changed as part of the Roosters.

Brett Finch - Newcastle junior/Canberra Raiders; Well in his first couple of season he was improving though took at step backward in 2005 without Fittler.

I can see why some fans would be a little frustrated with the Roosters in recent times, though again, I cannot single them out as the only club guilty of such behaviour. The fact remains the Roosters recruitment team headed by Artie Beetson is one of the best in the NRL and the Roosters should not be penalised for recognising talent. Sometimes the Roosters get it wrong (e.g. Firman did not work out, Chris Walker and Joel Monaghan has been slow to make an impact) though they get it right more often than not.

Perhaps we should be focussing our attention at the NRL who IMO should be looking at exemptions for 'home grown' talent in the salary cap ;)

DeeGan

Luke
23-01-06, 02:37 PM
Jamie Soward - canberra junior