PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Whats your preference, collar or no collar for the jersey?

DeeGan
22-01-06, 08:22 PM
Titans: Collar or no collar for the jersey?

The collar or no collar - it is becoming a bigger talking point than jersey launch itself with some fans and now is the time to make your vote giving feedback to Michael and co. on the Gold Coast Titans management team.

Simply vote and if need be post your reasoning.

DeeGan

DeeGan
22-01-06, 08:25 PM
I voted 'Not bothered - it's a jersey that has the Titan logo, good enough for me'

I have waited too long for my team to even get back to the where we are even discussing our NRL jersey let alone being hung up on whether or not the jersey has a collar.

DeeGan

Queenslander
22-01-06, 08:27 PM
Im not too bothered by it....A true fan of rugby league will wear whatever your favourite team wears. I personally like the look of the collar. But if people are not going to buy or even like the jersey cause it doesnt have a collar then you really need to reallocate your priorities :thumbsup: . Gold Coast Titans fans should be leaping in the air as your team now has a jersey...they shouldnt be bagging the fact that it doesnt have a collar!

DIEHARD
22-01-06, 08:51 PM
Definitely would like to see the Titans jersey have a collar.

I was never a fan of collarless jerseys as they look like a t shirt or a training shirt. I believe a collar would enhance the fantastic design.

I'll buy it either way though, but seening as you are asking, I would very much prefer a collar. :thumbsup:

Queenslander
22-01-06, 08:57 PM
Definitely would like to see the Titans jersey have a collar.

I was never a fan of collarless jerseys as they look like a t shirt or a training shirt. I believe a collar would enhance the fantastic design.

I'll buy it either way though, but seening as you are asking, I would very much prefer a collar. :thumbsup:

I think many people will vote for their preference of either collar or no collar. The question IMO is actually asking if the we need a collar for the jersey. I like the look of a collared jersey but do we actually need it?

Ipswich Fan
23-01-06, 12:07 AM
I prefer collared jerseys myself.

Eel 33
23-01-06, 09:56 AM
Collared Jumpers look smarter, and I voted accordingly. But the ppl that need the most input are the players. They are the ones who have to wear it. Ask Luke Bailey after a few rounds of the new comp, the new Dragons jumpers have no collar. He may have the best opinion of both options, and the fact that hewill be one of players wearing this jumper next year.

Moejoe
23-01-06, 06:53 PM
Not bothered for me, Just seeing a jersey from a local club in the NRL is good enough for me. And collar or no collar, The first edition released jersy is still going to look great hanging in its frame, Right next to my Titans mini football :)

Dakink
23-01-06, 07:01 PM
If it has Titans Im happy!

SaRaH...
23-01-06, 07:08 PM
I voted that we need a collar. I reakon that jerseys look better if they have collars.

Luke
23-01-06, 07:17 PM
im not bothered by it but i would like to see a collar on it.

El Chino Fatman
25-01-06, 07:34 PM
I voted no collar simply because I think this is a chance for us to do something 'unigue' (I don't think anyone else is running a collarless jersey right now?). Lets start out a ssomething a wee bit different and special and not just be one of the sheep.

Obviously the final jersey look will atler a lot depending on collar choice and sponsors imaging, but I have to say I was a little disappointed as we seem to have gone for a 'safe' option, a unique collar might help emphasise our independance.

Dragons
25-01-06, 08:03 PM
I voted no collar simply because I think this is a chance for us to do something 'unigue' (I don't think anyone else is running a collarless jersey right now?). Lets start out a ssomething a wee bit different and special and not just be one of the sheep.

Obviously the final jersey look will atler a lot depending on collar choice and sponsors imaging, but I have to say I was a little disappointed as we seem to have gone for a 'safe' option, a unique collar might help emphasise our independance.
Where have you been at El Chino collarless jerseys have been around for a lot of years, The fact is i can walk in to a club, pub or night club and wear my footy jumper and they let me in. (some night clubs) ;)

El Chino Fatman
25-01-06, 08:22 PM
Where have you been at El Chino collarless jerseys have been around for a lot of years, The fact is i can walk in to a club, pub or night club and wear my footy jumper and they let me in. (some night clubs) ;)

Is it possible you go to the wrong kind of clubs? Though I guess that means you don't have to change your ripped jeans or romper stomper boots either which must be convenient.

What I meant re the jersey was that none of the NRL clubs as far as I am aware are using a collarless jersey regularly, which would therefore make ours unique in the NRL currently.

DIEHARD
25-01-06, 10:01 PM
What I meant re the jersey was that none of the NRL clubs as far as I am aware are using a collarless jersey regularly, which would therefore make ours unique in the NRL currently.

Broncos and Melbourne.

Parra Petty
25-01-06, 10:10 PM
I reckon a jersey with a collar looks smarter - but I am not phased either way. If the Titans decide to go with no collar, than being a biased Parra fan, I would like to see the Titans don a collar for Parra games only. :emp:

Why you ask???? :]

Well, I will never forget the sight of Big Gordie Tallis dragging poor little Brett Hodgson by the collar over the sideline in a Game 2 of the 2002 S.O.O. Match., and although the Titans will be my second team, I would love to see Wade McKinnon repeating the event against Sideshow Bob or Luke O'Dwyer in the 2007 season!!! :] :p :afro:

Parra Petty. :thumbsup:

Titans#1
25-01-06, 10:15 PM
I still like the idea of the home jersey with a collar and the away jersey without the collar... A bit like formal and informal shirts.....

El Chino Fatman
26-01-06, 06:16 AM
Broncos and Melbourne.

I stand corrected then, do you have any pic's diehard, to make this an informed debate.

El Chino Fatman
26-01-06, 06:17 AM
I still like the idea of the home jersey with a collar and the away jersey without the collar... A bit like formal and informal shirts.....

Now that's an idea worth considering, especially as you need two different kits anyway. Best of both worlds really and keeps everyone happy.

Steelers
26-01-06, 07:46 AM
Brisbane, Melbourne and now for 2006, the Dragons, all have collarless jerseys (*cough* T-shirts *cough*)

Dragons
26-01-06, 11:25 AM
Is it possible you go to the wrong kind of clubs? Though I guess that means you don't have to change your ripped jeans or romper stomper boots either which must be convenient.
El Chino Fatman
romper stomper boot...nooooo double plugers mate

El Chino Fatman
26-01-06, 04:23 PM
Brisbane, Melbourne and now for 2006, the Dragons, all have collarless jerseys

Pah, if they've all got colourless jerseys then we should give them a wide berth, don't want to look like we are following the masses.

romper stomper boot...nooooo double plugers mate

double plugers? Haven't had the pleasure yet mate, are they for your more 'well to do bogan'?

El Chino Fatman
26-01-06, 04:58 PM
And now the Warriors too!!!!! and damn is that one ugly jersey.

http://warriors.sitesuite.ws/page/playing_strip_launch_2006.html

That's it I retract my vote, bring back the collar.

DIEHARD
27-01-06, 03:37 AM
I hear some clubs are going to bring in bike pants next season. :rotflmao:

El Chino Fatman
27-01-06, 05:04 AM

OMG not again, have we learnt nothing from the mistakes of the past? I remember when they were all the rage at Saints in the '90s, big red padded things. No wonder they kept failing in the finals series. I remember Tony Priddle running round with giant red thighs the size of Meninga's LOL.

C-Whiz
27-01-06, 06:08 AM
I voted for a collar simply because it has a certain class that allows it to be worn on more occasions where a collarless top wouldn't. Maybe a supporters jersey could be produced? Limited edition innaugral season supporters jersey? That would be a nice little collectable!

rugged
29-01-06, 10:58 AM

Why not an all in one lycra number a la Matt Shirvington?

We could really see who the big men are then! :hi:

dean
31-01-06, 07:38 PM
DEFINATELY collars.I have allways disliked the look of collarless jerseys.Broncos and Storm look untidy and damn right daggy.The Mighty Titans will be paraded on the world stage very soon so lets put a collar on our awesome new jersey.Lets look smart and professional and show the world that we are here to play serious footy. We don't want to look like a team that has just rocked up for a run in our daggy training jerseys.From a marketing point of view collared jerseys are definately more appealing for both male and female fans to purchase.

Brycey
01-02-06, 08:31 AM
As a fan I want to wear a collared jersey cause the whole neck tight thing really ticks me off.

But for the players, no collar is the way to go in the future, its alot harder for the opposition to collar grab you meaning they have to tackle you to bring you down, no easy way out. Its more effective, but I think the fans should have the option of buying a collared jersey, leave the no collars on the field!!!

DeeGan
01-02-06, 08:59 AM
As a fan I want to wear a collared jersey cause the whole neck tight thing really ticks me off.

But for the players, no collar is the way to go in the future, its alot harder for the opposition to collar grab you meaning they have to tackle you to bring you down, no easy way out. Its more effective, but I think the fans should have the option of buying a collared jersey, leave the no collars on the field!!!

Good post.

The players I have spoken with in rugby league (and from experience myself) prefer the no collar on a rugby league jersey in the modern game. If that is the general concensus out there amongst players, we do need to look at the no collar option whether or not the fans prefer it.

As for a producing a no collar jersey for the players and a collared jersey (as well as a no collar for the fan like I who wants exact replicas) - financially not viable IMO. Well we could do it but it is not a sound way to make money IMO. I think you will see the Titans reproducing the jersey the players will be wearing and that is it as we as fans WILL buy it. If we catered for every Titans fan there could be some three or four jerseys put on the market.

I think it becomes a little 'give and take' on both parties. We as fans got the chance to vote for our jersey and now the marketing team will come up with the best jersey both for the club, player and fan.

DeeGan

mb63
01-02-06, 09:02 PM
Collars look better but I think they will be a thing of the past in a couple of years.Harder to grab a jumper without a collar.