PDA

View Full Version : Luke Douglas - Discussion Thread

DIEHARD
23-01-12, 09:39 PM
Luke Douglas - 2012 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.

DIEHARD
23-01-12, 09:41 PM
Luke Douglas

http://img.nrl.sportal.com.au/site/_content/profile/00128005_Image.gif

Date of Birth : 12 May, 1986
Height : 190 cm
Weight : 110 kg
Position : Prop
Junior Clubs : Yamba Dolphins, Lower Clarence Magpies
Previous Clubs : Cronulla Sharks
Club Debut : Sharks V Broncos, RD 2 2006

BIOGRAPHY

NICKNAME & WHY?
Dougier

BIRTH PLACE?
Yamba, NSW

STATE OF ORIGIN?
NSW

WHAT AGE DID YOU START PLAYING FOOTY?
9 years

FAVOURITE TEAM AS A CHILD?
Cronulla Sharks

FAVOURITE PLAYER WHEN GROWING UP?
Brad Fitler and Mat Rogers

FAVOURITE FOOTBALL MOMENT YOU'D LIKE TO RELIVE AGAIN?
My one and only finals appearance

MOST RESPECTED OPPONENT?
Paul Gallen, he is unbelievable

FAVOURITE CROWD MOMENT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET?
When I got my first sign in the crowd

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUPERSTITIONS?
Always have to wear my Yamba Surf Club budgie smugglers

THE BIGGEST INFLUENCE ON MY CAREER HAS BEEN?
My old man

FAVOURITE THING TO DO WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS?
Hang out on the beach or watch origin

ANY PLANS FOR LIFE AFTER FOOTY?
Not sure as yet, certainly open to suggestion

WHAT IN TODAY'S WORLD DO YOU WISH YOU WERE THE INVENTOR OF?
The surfboard

FAVOURITE HOLIDAY DESTINATION?
The Sandon (near Yamba)

WHATS PLAYING ON YOUR IPOD RIGHT NOW?
Electric mix

FAVOURITE MOVIE?
The Hangover

WHICH 3 PEOPLE WOULD YOU INVITE TO DINNER?
Steve Irwin, Jessica Alba and Jacob Lollback

IF I WASN?T AN NRL PLAYER I WOULD BE?
Digging holes somewhere

FAVOURITE FOOD?
Mangoes

MOST ANNOYING HABIT?
Biting my finger nails

WHAT WOULD YOU SPEND YOUR LAST $20 ON?
A paddle pop and a few scratchies

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 01:28 AM
Former Shark Luke Douglas not looking back at Titans

TITANS ironman Luke Douglas has no regrets about his off-season switch to the Gold Coast despite his former club already sealing their NRL finals berth.

Douglas was one of several high-profile recruits to join the Titans in the off-season, heading to the Coast from Cronulla.

The tireless front-rower has played every game this season to extend his amazing run of consecutive games to 170.

But with the Titans boasting a near-representative strength pack, several of Douglas' opportunities have come off the interchange bench.

As a starter at the Sharks, he was mentioned among contenders for an Origin spot.

And knowing Cronulla have already sealed their first finals campaign since 2008, it would be natural to have second thoughts.

But 26-year-old Douglas has no doubt his move to the Coast was the right one.

"Definitely no regrets," he said yesterday. "It's a whole new outfit (at the Sharks) and you never know what could have happened, so you can't think 'what if'.

"I'm really happy for them but I'm loving it up here."

The Yamba product is revelling in the chance to play alongside some of the game's top forwards, including his idol Luke Bailey.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl

DIEHARD
18-01-15, 04:46 PM
Gold Coast's Luke Douglas can prove a point in Bathurst

RUGBY LEAGUE

WHEN the NRL circus rolls into Bathurst on March 14 there will be 34 players looking to make an early-season impact, but one in particular will be Gold Coast Titans prop Luke Douglas.

He will be a part of the Titans squad to take on the Penrith Panthers in the highly anticipated clash, and perhaps may have a point to prove.

Douglas has been with the Titans for three seasons, but that didn’t make him immune from the drawn-out ASADA-Cronulla Sharks saga. It ultimately ended his 2014 campaign.

In fact, he wasn’t even allowed to train until November 21 after copping a suspension from ASADA.

Douglas’ team-mate Anthony Don said the hard-working bookend remains a key part of the Titans despite the suspension.

The ban ended Douglas’ NRL record run of 215 consecutive matches since his debut as well as his season.

Don said there’s been no problem with welcoming the 28-year-old back into the club.

“It’s great having Dougie back,” Don said.

“All the boys missed him when he was on his suspension. He’s one of the most liked boys in the team and everyone’s stoked to have him back on board.”

New Titans coach Neil Henry has named Douglas as one of the next tier of experienced players he wants to step into leadership roles following the departures of club veterans Luke Bailey, Mark Minichiello and Ashley Harrison.

Don said Douglas’ example alone is enough of a lesson for any up-and-comers at the club.

“Dougie’s training and preparation is always first class,” Don said.

“In my time as a player he’s one of the most professional I’ve seen. He’s a leader in our group. Leads us mainly in what he does, not what he says.”

Don himself will also have some extra motivation when he gets to Bathurst, having been challenged by Henry to move in from the wing and play at centre in the upcoming season.

The match is only the second for the 2015 competition and should provide a number of players an early opportunity to establish themselves in a particular role within a side that has struggled to make the finals since its birth.

The 27-year-old said he’s happy to make the switch further infield, which is indicative of the new era at the club.

“It’s definitely been a change since last year,” he said.

“It’s been different, a bit more intense and they’ve been working us hard.

“All the boys are fired up trying to show the coaching staff they’re ready to go for round one."

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/