PDA

View Full Version : Titans Jerseys Revealed!!!

DIEHARD
21-01-06, 11:49 PM
The Gold Coast Titans jerseys have been revealed in today's Sunday Mail.

Pictures to follow...

You'll be impressed!

DIEHARD
21-01-06, 11:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titans34.jpg

There we go!

DIEHARD
22-01-06, 12:06 AM
Here is the article...

These are the colours the Gold Coast Titans will carry into their debut NRL season next year.

The striking designs, unveiled for the first time today in the Sunday Mail were chosen from seven options in an on-line poll on the Titans' wensite at the end of last season.

The winning designs are among the more "safe" patterns offered,
chosen over more radical options on offer. But they are still very different to any of the present NRL playing kits.

Most notably the jerseys, made by reebok, have the round T-shirt style collar, although insiders say this could change back to a more traditional collar before the club's first premiership game.

Reebok make the round-collared jerseys for the Melbourne Storm, but use a traditional collar for their Manly-Warringah jerseys.

The colours have "seaside" feel of sea, sand and white, with the mainly blue home jersey having a gradual mix of light and dark blue, as appears on the Titans logo.

The classy designs and colours are a long way removed from the gaudy strip worn by former Gold Coast NRL club, the Chargers - whose jersey was a mixture of teal, purple, yellow and black.

The Titans will officially launch the jersey in the next few weeks.

The new jerseys will go on sale in March, but will not be cheap. The recommended retail price for a men's jersey is $190 and a child's $160.

Titans officials refused to comment when contacted yesterday." (Hello to those reading this thread!)

DIEHARD
22-01-06, 12:13 AM
Well I have to say I love them both and I am happy there is a possibility we might take to the field with a traditional collar, which I think would greatly enhance an already stunning jersey.

I think they are very classy and I am glad we kept clear of any tacky, gimmicky sort of designs. It is nice and simple, with our beautiful and symbolic colours and I think it is nicely styled.

These pictures are computer generated by the Sunday Mail so may not be spot on. Also the club hasn't given these any sort of seal of approval.

We may have to wait for the launch of the jersey itself to get the full story.

Typical, some of the most awesome news and I'm the only numbskull online! :laugh:

Steve Dangerous
22-01-06, 12:20 AM
tres good

i love the orange, it's very distinctive. some of the jerseys were quite similar to cowboys/bulldogs, but us being the only team with orange we'll definately stand out!

reebok is a good brand.. i'd love them to have real collars too, they're a jersey not a tshirt!

the pricetag is a bit of a kick in the guts though.....

oh, and thanks for keeping us on top of the news diehard! top work.

the_peoples_wall
22-01-06, 01:04 AM
Seems to much like a training shirt to me but thats just me.

$190 for a jersey they are dead set kidding right?
Please tell me they are joking. I collect jerseys and I will NOT be forking out that much for a Titans jersey.

Lennox Titan
22-01-06, 02:03 AM
Is that Campbell or Tricky Trindal.

I liked the one with the T. White jumpers are boring but i suppose they are needed due to clashes or whatever. Oh well there are a lot worse in the NRL thats for sure (disastrous experiments involving gorillas paint and whiskey). Better fix that collar though.

qld power
22-01-06, 09:54 AM
nice jersey shame about the price if its correct crosses fingers it arent :mine:

DeeGan
22-01-06, 10:07 AM
IF this is the jersey we are destined to wear I am happy as I voted for this option. It is a "simple and straight forward" design with our colours used really well - the home and away jersey is as classy as any and much better than the "he gaudy strip worn by former Gold Coast NRL club, the Chargers"

I will be patient and wait for the official jersey launch before getting too excited just yet. This is merely speculative reporting at the moment by Michael Westlake.

For those wondering, I would be 99% certain we would not be wearing the teams 2007 jersey at the Orara Sevens.

DeeGan

qld power
22-01-06, 10:11 AM
which is the home and which is away one love the blue design not fussed on white jerseys

DeeGan
22-01-06, 10:19 AM
Home would be one Preston Campbell is wearing, AWAY the one Luke Bailey is wearing.

Cheers

DeeGan

Titans#1
22-01-06, 10:21 AM
First off: I thought that the Titans had an 'agreement' with the gold coast bulletin about exclusives, and that officials also commented on the fact that the online poll was not the be all and end all of the decision on the jersey so why:

were chosen from seven options in an on-line poll on the Titans' website at the end of last season.

Anyway, I like the jerseys, and I'd like to see the away jersey with no collar and the home jersey with collar.. Just to be different.

DeeGan
22-01-06, 10:27 AM
First off: I thought that the Titans had an 'agreement' with the gold coast bulletin about exclusives, and that officials also commented on the fact that the online poll was not the be all and end all of the decision on the jersey so why:

Anyway, I like the jerseys, and I'd like to see the away jersey with no collar and the home jersey with collar.. Just to be different.

:clap:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Whilst it is exciting times for the Gold Coast and the jersey launch inches closer, we need to keep an open mind when reading 'exclusives' from the local newspapers. IF this is our jersey, again GREAT, though before getting too excited I will await the official release.

Once again, patience is needed ;)

DeeGan

The Original Idiot
22-01-06, 10:57 AM
Simple, yet nice-looking. I especially like the designs on the sleeves and the mix of blue on the 2nd jersey. Thanks Diehard.

Titanium_BD1103
22-01-06, 11:23 AM
Yep we got the same story in the Sunday Telegraph.. except we only saw the white one.. not the blue one... :(

There was no info about this story in the Herald though... :p

I like them both, I voted for one of them and they both look good.. I reckon they have to have collars... :)

OMG what about the price tag though.. they will be the most expensive jerseys in the NRL.. I am going to have to save up or wait for sales at Peter Wynns end of season.. where they cut the price of everything, even the new stuff.. :laugh:

BUT OVERALL well done and whilst it ain't official and I won't get excited till it is.. they are nice jerseys.. now to find a sponsor.. ;)

Queenslander
22-01-06, 01:15 PM
This is a big day for the titans, the jerseys are looking great.

Eel 33
22-01-06, 02:42 PM
I hope the $190 price tag is something that the journo pulled out of their head. I wouldn't pay that for a jumper of any description. IMO jersey looks crap without the collar.

qld power
22-01-06, 03:09 PM
rings up michael searle hey michael how about a half price jersey to us forum ppl that have been here since the beginnning

DeeGan
22-01-06, 03:22 PM
rings up michael searle hey michael how about a half price jersey to us forum ppl that have been here since the beginnning

Without speaking to Michael the answer would be: NO :laugh:

And you set a criteria you aren't able to meet TBC, we started September 2005 ;)

Again, the rrp on the jersey IMO should not be higher than any other NRL teams.

DeeGan

Queenslander
22-01-06, 03:36 PM
I am just thinking if the $190 price tag that was reported turns out to be true....then the jersey may be a limited/collectors release to start off. It could have a number underneath the logo from 0-1000 for example...If it was done that way then i would buy it. However if its a generic release to the public then it should be price around the RRP of other NRL teams.

Without speaking to Michael the answer would be: NO :laugh:

How about the first 25 members get half priced jerseys ;) :laugh:

Dragons
22-01-06, 05:10 PM
I don't really like the style of it ( the colours are great though) I don't think I will be spending my hard earn dough on it, might buy a polo though. Same with the Dragons I wont go buy theres for the same reason. Had a Penfolds sponser jumper but it got stolen of the clothes line that was a good footy jumper, if anybody has one I'd be interested in buying it. I'll just stick with my '04 one for now. Red and White dynamite.

Super Cronk
22-01-06, 05:12 PM
Nice jersey....good pick IMO.

warriors&titans#1
22-01-06, 06:06 PM
needs a collar, looks too much of a training jersey, but good design and colours

league_fan
22-01-06, 06:53 PM
Why are the colours blue and yellow? Isn't that the Parramatta Eels? The North Queensland Cowboys also use blue and yellow. So that's 3 NRL teams with blue and yellow as their main colours. What happens when they play the eels? All the fans will be in the same colours, all the flags will be in the same colours, everything will be the same. I don't like it.

DIEHARD
22-01-06, 07:02 PM
I think the colours are miles apart from both North Queensland and Parramatta and very distinct.

Parramatta need to decide on what shade of blue they are.

Is it royal blue, navy blue or light blue? :laugh: :laugh:

Steelers
22-01-06, 07:59 PM
I like it. But I seriously think, by looking at those pictures, it will look like a t-shirt if it doesn't have a collar.

Stinger
22-01-06, 08:18 PM
Same as Brisbane and Melbourne.

They need a collar

Super Cronk
22-01-06, 08:23 PM
I cant see why people get so hung up on collars.

Go_The_Doggies
22-01-06, 08:41 PM
I dont like it...looks baggy...meh

Go_The_Doggies
22-01-06, 08:42 PM
I cant see why people get so hung up on collars.
Collars are cool...i hate jerseys with out collars :disgust:

Super Cronk
22-01-06, 08:50 PM
But i think alot of people are missing the important point.

Players have said they like the thin,tight and collar-less jerseys. It isnt as hot and is easy to wear.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it looking like a training shirt. but thats just me.

Queenslander
22-01-06, 09:00 PM
But i think alot of people are missing the important point.

Players have said they like the thin,tight and collar-less jerseys. It isnt as hot and is easy to wear.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it looking like a training shirt. but thats just me.

I agree it may not look the best IMO, but its the players that count. Anything that makes playing rugby league easier for the players is a benefit to the team....And if that means no collars then so be it. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
22-01-06, 09:01 PM
In a few seasons we will be wearing leotards. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steelers
22-01-06, 09:13 PM
Why can't we have 2 types of jerseys...

Collarless ones for the players to wear, and collared ones for the public to buy.

Queenslander
22-01-06, 09:16 PM

Collarless ones for the players to wear, and collared ones for the public to buy.

I was thinking that too, but some people like to wear what the players are wearing. I personally wouldnt give a hoot if i had a jersey with a collar and the players didnt, but i think some people would.

DeeGan
22-01-06, 09:17 PM

That makes no sense for the club to go down that avenue.

The management team will unveil the jersey (collar or no collar) sooner rather than later and they will be the jersey made available to the public.

DeeGan

DeeGan
22-01-06, 09:19 PM
personally wouldnt give a hoot if i had a jersey with a collar

Neither would I and I imagine neither would the players who are not too concerned with fashion when out in the middle ;)

DeeGan

Queenslander
22-01-06, 09:21 PM
Neither would I and I imagine neither would the players who are not too concerned with fashion when out in the middle ;)

DeeGan

:laugh: True...you can tell who are the fashion aware players are......they wear hair gel ;) No one wants to have messy hair whilst playing footy :whatd:

Eel 33
23-01-06, 10:51 AM
I think the colours are miles apart from both North Queensland and Parramatta and very distinct.

Parramatta need to decide on what shade of blue they are.

Is it royal blue, navy blue or light blue? :laugh: :laugh:

Have a look at the blue alternate jumper Parra has. Its more a navy blue than anything. Its going depend what jumper the Titans want to wear when Parra go up there. If they wear the predominantly blue jumper, Parra will wear the Yellow jumper. If the white jumper is the away strip, it wont matter what jumper Parra wears. :whatd: