PDA

View Full Version : Javarn White aiming for titanic season

DIEHARD
04-01-12, 01:27 PM
White aiming for titanic season

IPSWICH'S star off-season signing has hardly had a chance to meet his potential new teammates yet.

Javarn White, who is signed to both the Ipswich Jets and Gold Coast Titans, was preparing to return to Titans' pre-season training today when the QT spoke to him yesterday.

The only training he's done with the Jets was playing in their pre-Christmas touch footy tournament.

"I'm happy at the moment after the year I had," White said.

"It was pretty good.

"Training with the Titans just topped it off."

White was named the Queensland Cup's player of 2011 for his exploits at fullback for the Norths Devils.

It was that form that caught the eye of the Titans and when they came knocking, he grabbed the opportunity.

"Just the change I guess," he said of the reason for signing.

"And the offer to train with the Gold Coast as well.

"Everything was alright at Norths. I enjoyed my two years and they're a wonderful club."

White is not sure if he will be part of the Titans' plans in 2012 or sent back to feeder club the Jets.

Either way, the former Sydney Roosters under-20 player is not too concerned.

"I'm just having fun," he said.

"Having a bit of a crack.

"If it doesn't work out, I'm happy to go back to work."

It is obvious White plays for the love of the game and it has served him well so he won't be changing, whoever he turns out for in 2012.

He has greatly impressed the Titans so far in training but faces competition for the fullback spot there from William Zillman, among others.

White rates Matthew Bowen and Preston Campbell his favourite players.

He shares similar traits with the pair - small stature, lightning pace and an ability to sniff a gap.

So it is no surprise the Titans see him as a possible replacement for Campbell at the back. If that doesn't happen and he winds up playing for the Jets, White won't be disappointed.

"They play a bit of ad-lib footy which is good," he said. "It's a big part of my game as well.

"I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens."

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2012/01/04/talented-white-aiming-for-a-titanic-season/

Titanic
04-01-12, 01:58 PM
Anybody got any form on this guy?

DIEHARD
04-01-12, 02:02 PM
Anybody got any form on this guy?

White, who plays for the Norths Devils, also gained recognition for being the competition's leading tryscorer even though his side had a dismal year. White, was an outstanding Rockhampton junior and once scored four tries in a game as a 17-year old playing A-Grade for the Norths Chargers.

http://www.rlcm.com.au

DIEHARD
04-01-12, 02:04 PM
White named Intrust Super Cup player of the year

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/09/21/1226142/855532-white.jpg

Livewire Norths Devils fullback Javarn White has been crowned Intrust Super Cup player of the year despite the struggles of his team mates this year.

White, who played for the Sydney Roosters under-20s in 2008, was the season's leading tryscorer with 20 tries and claimed stability at home had helped him play at his dynamic best.

"I think I was more settled this year. Last year I was struggling work-wise and trying to juggle footy was a bit of a struggle," he said.

White won $7000 prizemoney with the award and will use it to begin planning a trip to the US with his partner next year.

He said he still had dreams of playing in the NRL, but wasn't concerned if the chance didn't come.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/north/white-named-intrust-super-cup-player-of-the-year/story-fn8odvfn-1226142855455

DIEHARD
04-01-12, 02:07 PM
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/09/25/1226145/963461-javarn-white.jpg
Javarn White after winning The Courier-Mail Best and Fairest award

Supergoose
04-01-12, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a scenario we've seen before with Shannon Walker. Let's hope this one plays out better. Is he any chance of unseating Rankin from the fullback spot though? Probably would go alright on the wing. Would he be ahead of Phil Graham?

teke
04-01-12, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a scenario we've seen before with Shannon Walker. Let's hope this one plays out better. Is he any chance of unseating Rankin from the fullback spot though? Probably would go alright on the wing. Would he be ahead of Phil Graham?I would hope he would get ahead of Rankin for the number 1 but def not ahead of Graham for fullback or wing.

Supergoose
05-01-12, 08:03 AM
Let's hope Javarn can make the most of any opportunity that he gets and can be more successful than S.Walker. Teke sounds like you don't rate Rankin at fullback. All indication s are that we will start with Zillman in the 6 and Rankin in the 1.

Toads
05-01-12, 12:10 PM
There's no doubting that Rankin is a great player. Though I tend to think he's yet to prove himself in the big league, and what we've seen so far hasn't been anything fantastic. So because of this, I wouldn't mind seeing someone of Javarn's calibre given a go for a round or two, to prove himself.

Titanic
05-01-12, 06:44 PM
I just don't get how he can be a great AND an untested player. In my mind he has potential but he hasn't set the world on fire and I would prefer Zillman or Graham there. His history says he's a wow in the halves but we haven't seen any of that. The mystery of our selection process is the stuff of continued bafflement.

teke
05-01-12, 11:29 PM
Let's hope Javarn can make the most of any opportunity that he gets and can be more successful than S.Walker. Teke sounds like you don't rate Rankin at fullback. All indication s are that we will start with Zillman in the 6 and Rankin in the 1.From what I have seen I dont rate Jordan too highly in the number 1 position. He does have some good bits to his game at FB that Zilly doesnt though.

The team is going to be alot stronger all round this year so whoever gets the #1 will have a much better platform to perform than last years players.