PDA

View Full Version : A 2012 Positive Thought

karnage
17-11-11, 03:47 PM
With the fact that the bookies have opened us up favourites for the timber cutlery, and all this talk about Searle having us in big financial strife it's very easy to think that we are in for another terrible year on the field.

But there is a positive that, as yet, I have not seen mentioned elsewhere. That is the fact that we have a FULL SQUAD training together in November who are, for the most part, fit*.

Compare that to last year where we had most of our senior players recovering from major surgery.

Think of teams like Brisbane, the Storm and the Warriors who have the core of their playing group spread across three international squads. Or teams like the Tigers and the Eels who have coaches in another hemisphere as we pound the pavement getting ready for 2012.

So while we have a core of new players who we have to integrate into our systems we definitely have an advantage over most clubs who won't be able to get training with their full squad until after Christmas.

*I do use the term 'fit' loosely when it comes to Jamal Idris if the story about his woeful run are true and not exagerated!!:laugh:

DIEHARD
17-11-11, 05:22 PM
You are right, it is a blessing to have our entire team bedded down on the Gold Coast and not on tour over in the UK. As much as I'd love them to be, this will be a very good advantage when we want to rebuild and rejuvenate.

And we have Ryan James and Kevin Gordon back on deck.

Hopefully they can be fully switched on and focuses and comfortable to take on the NRL next year.

GC_Titans_Fan
17-11-11, 07:13 PM
I think Luke O'Dwyer is out with a ankle injury atm.

Princey's Titanz
17-11-11, 07:18 PM
2012 should be the turning point for the Titans. With a new crop of players we will probably play a different brand of footy tht we are used to. The only thing abt next year tht im worried abt is the 5/8 position. We want to target the grand final next year and teams tht play in a grand final always have a 5/8.

Titanic
17-11-11, 07:21 PM
We'll have one for sure but will he be any good? :p

karnage
17-11-11, 11:33 PM
And we have Ryan James and Kevin Gordon back on deck.

I'd appreciate more info on Ryan James if you have it. He has become the forgotten man of our squad. Last I remember is that he was supposed to be out until May or June after 2 knee operations. Has that timeline been moved forward.

As for Luke O'Dwyer having an ankle injury, I'll be worried if he's in the selection frame this year. He has not been the same player since he blew out his knee at Brookvale in '09.

teke
18-11-11, 01:46 AM
It definitely is looking good for 2012.

We have a FULL Squad training together and that full squad is alot better than last years.

No injuries, better players, Andrew Johns etc etc.

Kev and Ryan back will impact this team as much if not more than the new recruits.

TITAN PETE
18-11-11, 08:38 AM
2012 should be the turning point for the Titans. With a new crop of players we will probably play a different brand of footy tht we are used to. The only thing abt next year tht im worried abt is the 5/8 position. We want to target the grand final next year and teams tht play in a grand final always have a 5/8.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:
:drinkies:

Toads
18-11-11, 08:44 AM
Whatever the case. We'll have to lift in 2012. Otherwise poor form will only fuel the fire that the critics are already stoking..

As mentioned in this thread, it all looks promising for now. Here's hoping this trend follows right thru until September 2012, and silence those #&@$ critics.

karnage
18-11-11, 11:17 AM
Whatever the case. We'll have to lift in 2012. Otherwise poor form will only fuel the fire that the critics are already stoking..

As mentioned in this thread, it all looks promising for now. Here's hoping this trend follows right thru until September 2012, and silence those #&@$ critics.

On the field is where it is going to count, we need more teams below un on the ladder than above - simple as that!!

Titanic
18-11-11, 01:36 PM
On the field is where it is going to count, we need more teams below un on the ladder than above - simple as that!!

Great point Karnage ... a thread starter.

karnage
18-11-11, 01:48 PM
I still want something on Ryan James... Diehard?? Teke?? Coaster??

Is he a chance of suiting up in Rd 1??

Titan Dad
18-11-11, 02:00 PM

I think the best we can hope for is about Rnd 4-6. And that is a testament to how hard he has worked in the off season on his injury. We should not expect him to hit the ground in the damaging form he did last year for a couple of weeks until his confidence is back in the knee.:banana:

teke
19-11-11, 02:19 AM

Is he a chance of suiting up in Rd 1??I will ask and get back to ya

matti
21-11-11, 06:54 AM
That would be a good time for him to come back,

Coaster
22-11-11, 01:22 PM

Only just seen this, ive tweeted him, to find out, i did see photos of him training on Titans facebook site, mainly boxing.

Coaster
22-11-11, 02:27 PM
he replied he isnt running at all, just upper body stuff, boxing ect, gilly is flogging him