PDA

View Full Version : Trial Match 2012: WARRIORS vs TITANS (NZ)

DIEHARD
28-10-11, 07:01 PM
Titans' pre-season clash with Warriors

A NEW Zealand showdown against the Warriors will add some sting to the Gold Coast Titans' pre-season campaign.

Gold Coast will travel to Auckland to face the 2011 premiership runner-up in a February trial which is sure to blow out some cobwebs.

Coach John Cartwright is planning to move away from the tradition of resting players in the first trial, instead choosing to run a full-strength squad against the bustling Warriors.

The change comes on the back of the Titans' horrible campaign this year which saw the wooden spoon land at Skilled Park.

The new-look team has had more than enough time to recover after a premature end to the season and Cartwright is expecting his bulk of the squad to play in the North Harbour Stadium match on February 4.

The Warriors trial will be played on the same night as the Indigenous All Stars match at Skilled Park, which Titans Scott Prince and Jamal Idris are likely to feature in.

Round 1 of the NRL has been scheduled to begin on Friday, March 3, with the grand final to be played on October 1, the same weekend as the AFL decider.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

shamus
28-10-11, 10:14 PM
3 trials. 1 in NZ, 1 at Pizzey (Broncos) and 1 up in Mackay (Cowboys).

No bloody game at Coffs! :fight:

Grrrr:fight: :fight:

There goes my dirty weekend!

Toads
29-10-11, 08:00 AM
3 trials. 1 in NZ, 1 at Pizzey (Broncos) and 1 up in Mackay (Cowboys).

Hmm, might make my way up to this one.

DIEHARD
02-01-12, 04:00 PM
I can't attend this one, if I'm gonna head to NZ next... this year, it'll be for the Kangaroos and Anzac Test.

The Warriors will be very dangerous, hungry after losing the Grand Final and let's not forget Nathan Friend who will be eager to prove himself against his former club.

DIEHARD
04-01-12, 02:49 PM
New Zealand Warriors vs Gold Coast Titans Trial Match
Saturday, February 4 (6.00pm) v Gold Coast, North Harbour Stadium, Albany

Ticket information on http://www.stadium.co.nz/

Adults $15-$35
Students $10-$20 With valid Secondary/Tertiary Student ID
Children FREE 12 years of age and under when presenting FREE Child Ticket
(download on stadium.co.nz)
Children $5 12 years of age and under without a Free Child Ticket

Kick start the 2012 League season at North Harbour Stadium when the Vodafone Warriors play the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans.

With the curtain-raiser featuring back-to-back NYC Champions the Vodafone Junior Warriors, we promise an action-packed afternoon for the whole family - and children 12 years and under are FREE when presenting a Free Child Ticket - download your Free Child Ticket here now! Any child without a pre-pritned ticket will pay $5.00 at the gate on the day of the event.

While you're enjoying the pre-season action, make sure you visit the Vodafone Warriors One Community Zone on the Family Embankment and join in on all the fun! Skills challenges, face painting, tattoos, puzzles and obstacle courses. Win Vodafone Warriors Sport Prizes!

Venue Ticket Sales
From 9:00am Gate A Only
From 3:00pm Gates A & H Only

Venue Ticket Collection
From 9:00am Gate A Only

Gates Open
3:30pm Gates A & H only

Food & Beverage Outlets 3:30pm

Merchandise Outlet 3:30pm

Curtain-raiser kick-off 4:00pm
Vodafone Junior Warriors v Fox Memorial Selection

Main Game kick-off 6:00pm
Vodafone Warriors v Jetstar Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
04-01-12, 02:53 PM
Click here (https://www.facebook.com/events/271106392950062/) to view or RSVP the Legion Event for this match.

DIEHARD
24-01-12, 07:51 PM
Strong line-up for North Harbour trial

With the Vodafone Warriors' opening 2012 NRL trial only days away, first-year head coach Brian McClennan today confirmed he'll field a strong line-up.

The beaten grand finalists start their programme against the Gold Coast Titans at North Harbour Stadium on Saturday, February 4 (6.00pm kick-off).
Set to play his first match against his old club will be the Vodafone Warriors' only major signing hooker Nathan Friend.

The game will also be McClennan's first since being appointed as the seventh head coach in the club's history.

After a gruelling session in the heat at Cornwall Park today, McClennan said he intended to use a powerful squad against a Gold Coast side which is expected to include acquisitions Jamaal Idris, Luke Douglas and Nate Myles. Titans coach John Cartwright can also call on the likes of Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison.

"Members and fans always come along in force for our trials at North Harbour and we'll be putting out a really strong squad for this one," said McClennan.
"We're looking to field most of the players who appeared in the grand final against Manly last year."

Of the 17 used in the loss to the Sea Eagles, only utility Lance Hohaia and hooker Aaron Heremaia are no longer with the club (both in England) while work horse Micheal Luck won't be available as he continues to recover from a shoulder operation just before Christmas.

The other 14 including the seven current Kiwis are all in contention for the first of the club's three trials along with Friend and veteran centre Jerome Ropati, who is coming back from the knee injury that ended his 2011 season.
McClennan could name his squad on Tuesday or Wednesday next week but he hasn't yet decided how many players he will use for the match.

In the curtain-raiser the back-to-back NYC premiership-winning Vodafone Junior Warriors will have their first run of the preseason against Otahuhu's premier side (4.00pm kick-off). While a number of players from the champion side are now ineligible coach John Ackland still has a strong base of players with NYC experience.

Children under 12 years old will gain free entry to the Gold Coast trial if they download their tickets from the North Harbour Stadium site (www.stadium.co.nz) before February 4. Any child without a pre-printed ticket will pay $5.00 at the gate on game day.

Go to http://www.ticketek.co.nz or http;//www.stadium.co.nz for more information about purchasing tickets.

http://www.thewarriors.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=46482&title=strong-line-up-for-north-harbour-trial

DIEHARD
28-01-12, 07:21 AM
New recruits to debut in NZ trial match
Adam Gardini

New recruits Luke Douglas, Beau Champion, Beau Falloon, Javarn White and Louis Fanene will wear Jetstar Gold Coast Titans jerseys for the first time when they make their unofficial club debuts in next Saturday's first pre-season trial match against the Warriors in Albany, New Zealand.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named a strong 22-man squad for the February 4 clash at North Harbour Stadium, headlined by the inclusion of five fresh faces along with the return of winger Kevin Gordon in his first match since undergoing a knee reconstruction in late March last year.

The notable omissions from the squad are Indigenous All Stars representatives Scott Prince, Jamal Idris and Greg Bird along with NRL All Stars representative Luke Bailey. The Jetstar Titans quartet will all remain on the Gold Coast next week for Saturday night?s All Stars clash at Skilled Park.

Cartwright said the opening trial match provided a good chance for some of the club?s new faces to show their wares as he looks to field full-strength sides in the club?s final pre-season hit-outs against the Broncos at Pizzey Park on Saturday February 11 and Cowboys in Mackay on Saturday, February 18.

?It?s their first game for the club,?? said Cartwright of the new faces.

?I think the Broncos trial will be a very important one for us - being at home we want to do well in that - so I wanted the new guys to get a taste and get some footy in their legs.

?Hopefully we?ll get a bit closer to a side that?ll resemble what?s going to be the side against the Broncos and Cowboys.??

The 22-man squad to take on the Warriors includes 16 players that have NRL experience, with only Javarn White, Joe Vickery, Luke Page, Louis Fanene, Cody Nelson and Jamie Dowling yet to play first grade.

?It?ll be pretty tough over there. I think the Warriors have indicated that they?re going to go with their best side so really the guys that aren?t going have all had some sort of niggle throughout the off-season. The 22 that are going have all had great off-season and we want to go out there and be competitive.

?It?s different for us, we?ve never played with pretty much our full squad in the first trial and travelling over the New Zealand too, it doesn?t get any tougher than that.??

Front rower Douglas, who attended last weekend's NSW Blues in Waiting camp in Sydney, impressively notched 146 consecutive matches for the Cronulla Sharks between 2006 and 2011 before signing with the Titans for 2012 in a boost for the club?s depth in the forward pack.

Two-time Indigenous All Stars representative Champion will make his anticipated debut for the club after establishing himself as a strike centre for Souths from 2005 to 2010 before playing last season with the Melbourne Storm.

Champion?s housemate and former Souths teammate Falloon has been named on the interchange bench and is set to share the hooking duties at dummy half for the trial match with starting No.9 Kayne Lawton.

Former Norths Devils fullback White, who won last year?s Queensland Cup Player of the Year award, has been named to start in the No.1 jersey while former Melbourne Storm NYC Under-20s second rower Fanene will play off the interchange bench.
The Titans will travel to New Zealand next Thursday ahead of Saturday night?s trial match at North Harbour Stadium.

JETSTAR TITANS vs NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Pre-Season Trial Match 1
Saturday, February 4 ? 6pm (NZ time)
North Harbour Stadium, Albany, NZ.

1 Javarn White *
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Steve Michaels
4 Dominique Peyroux
5 Joe Vickery
6 Jordan Rankin
7 Beau Henry
8 Michael Henderson
9 Kayne Lawton
10 Matthew White
11 Ben Ridge
12 Bodene Thompson
13 Luke O'Dwyer

INTERCHANGE

14 Brenton Lawrence
15 Luke Douglas *
16 Luke Page
17 Louis Fanene *
18 Cody Nelson
19 Beau Falloon *
20 Beau Champion *
21 David Mead
22 Jamie Dowling

* Denotes new recruits playing in their first match for the Jetstar Titans.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Smakked
28-01-12, 09:40 AM
WHo is Javarn White? Never heard of him

DIEHARD
28-01-12, 09:48 AM

Check this thread out mate Javarn White aiming for titanic season (http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=20692&highlight=Javarn+White)

Titanic
28-01-12, 11:30 AM
will anybody be recording this game?

DIEHARD
28-01-12, 12:46 PM
will anybody be recording this game?

Maybe the Warriors and some footage from local TV providers. Not sure if the Warriors will make it available.

They should, they should stream it. It is frustrating how NRL trials are ignored while AFL have a televised pre-season competition.

Supergoose
28-01-12, 05:46 PM

Queensland Cup / Intrust Super Cup player of the year 2011. Player for Norths in the Broncos system.

teke
28-01-12, 10:40 PM
The players I have talked to like how Javarn plays, he has really good side movement and a bit of toe. If he plays safe and smart at the back who knows what could happen, a round 1 birth for the Titans.

It would be refreshing to see

DIEHARD
31-01-12, 10:52 AM
Warriors coach Brian McClennan has named a 25-man squad to take on the Titans this coming Saturday at North Harbour Stadium in Albany, NZ. 11 of the 17 Warriors players used in the grand final against Manly will take the field while hooker Nathan Friend will make his Warriors debut against his former club.

NZ Warriors squad: Lewis Brown, Glen Fisiiahi, Nathan Friend, Pita Godinet, Ben Henry, Konrad Hurrell, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Krisnan Inu, Shaun Johnson, Jacob Lillyman, Sam Lousi, Sione Lousi, James Maloney, Simon Mannering (c), Alehana Mara, Feleti Mateo, Ben Matulino, Ivan Penehe, Sam Rapira, Steve Rapira, Ukuma Ta’ai, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Elijah Taylor, Carlos Tuimavave, Bill Tupou.

GC Titans team: Javarn White; Kevin Gordon, Steve Michaels, Dominique Peyroux, Joe Vickery; Jordan Rankin, Beau Henry; Michael Henderson, Kayne Lawton, Matthew White; Ben Ridge, Bodene Thompson; Luke O'Dwyer. Interchange: Brenton Lawrence, Luke Douglas, Luke Page, Louis Fanene, Cody Nelson, Beau Falloon, Beau Champion, David Mead, Jamie Dowling.

Source: Rugby League Week

Titanic
31-01-12, 02:13 PM
It would be refreshing to see

Mate, I totally agree with that. I think we have been clutching at straws for a #1 ... refreshing indeed.

DavidBouveng
04-02-12, 05:42 PM
Anywhere to catch updates for this?

As someone mentioned, it's almost criminal we can't get this on some obscure channel like fox3 or channel nines GEM / GO channel.

justin19
04-02-12, 05:44 PM

As someone mentioned, it's almost criminal we can't get this on some obscure channel like fox3 or channel nines GEM / GO channel.

full time Warriors - 26 def Titans - 10

teke
04-02-12, 05:45 PM

As someone mentioned, it's almost criminal we can't get this on some obscure channel like fox3 or channel nines GEM / GO channel.Im scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for something online, no luck as yet

teke
04-02-12, 05:49 PM
Just found out its all over.

Warriors won 26-10 :mad:

http://www.nrl.com/warriors-beat-titans-in-nrl-trial/tabid/10874/newsid/65765/default.aspx

Boofhead
04-02-12, 05:53 PM
Just found out its all over.

Warriors won 26-10 :mad:

http://www.nrl.com/warriors-beat-titans-in-nrl-trial/tabid/10874/newsid/65765/default.aspx

Seems like we did pretty well, Warriors had pretty much all their players.

TITAN PETE
04-02-12, 10:48 PM
Spoke with my mate who played tonight & he said it was a good match & as expected the Warriors were too good , they were missing quite a few players as we were & not much to read into the result, we lead 6-0 , halftime 20-6 before the 2nd half being played without the Warriors top players..

Who cares Footy is Back ..

DIEHARD
05-02-12, 01:39 PM
Probably decent result for us. Looking forward to seeing them live at Pizzey next week against the Broncos. Tickets from http://www.oztix.com.au

Nick
06-02-12, 09:35 AM
Just incase anyone is interested, here is some highlights for the trial match on the warriors site.

http://www.thewarriors.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia

teke
06-02-12, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the highlights, I went looking for them last night without any luck

Princey's Titanz
06-02-12, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the highlights, I went looking for them last night without any luck

I have to say Titans played well. Its just the Warriors scored 2 tries of our errors so we need to work on our error rate and i think we should be ok.

Beau Henry looked good.

karnage
06-02-12, 10:17 PM
I have to say Titans played well. Its just the Warriors scored 2 tries of our errors so we need to work on our error rate and i think we should be ok.

Beau Henry looked good.

I don't possibly know how you could watch that and think he looked good. The first three tries came straight down the corridor where he was defending. He is among the worst defenders in the entire NRL and his presence in any team will put too much pressure on the other defenders in the line.

If he gets extended stints in first grade this year we are doomed to another dismal year.

karnage
06-02-12, 10:19 PM
BTW Nick, thanks for posting that!!

Nick
07-02-12, 12:21 AM
No problem, There is a better one on the titans site now, its from a higher view.. shows us that the fish is bloody fast and from the only tiny amount of view Henry looked alright (a dummy and a kick, may have missed 50 tackles though).. And Mead didnt bother chasing down Bill Tupou (im guessing he was buggered, and it was a trial).

Warriors will again have a great year, excellent for the game. Even better if we improve out of sight this season :)

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=titans-tv

teke
07-02-12, 12:28 AM
And Mead didnt bother chasing down Bill Tupou (im guessing he was buggered, and it was a trial).

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=titans-tvI thought Bill Toupo was quicker than that, Jordo caught him.

shamus
07-02-12, 08:59 AM
I see they are still not wearing their 2012 strip yet..

DavidBouveng
07-02-12, 05:43 PM
No problem, There is a better one on the titans site now, its from a higher view.. shows us that the fish is bloody fast and from the only tiny amount of view Henry looked alright (a dummy and a kick, may have missed 50 tackles though).. And Mead didnt bother chasing down Bill Tupou (im guessing he was buggered, and it was a trial).

Warriors will again have a great year, excellent for the game. Even better if we improve out of sight this season :)

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=titans-tv

i cant find the correct video?

which one is it?

actually, is it the Jarvan white video?

Nick
07-02-12, 06:17 PM
i cant find the correct video?

which one is it?

actually, is it the Jarvan white video?

Sorry mate looks like it is gone.. it was there this morning i promise! haha

teke
09-02-12, 11:22 PM
Sorry mate looks like it is gone.. it was there this morning i promise! hahaSome ppl would be interested to know that the fella that almost stopped Fishaii from scoring was none other than Brenton Lawrence, yep Brenton Lawrence who just did 2 tackles in a row and then turned and tried to chase down the flying fullback, Brenton Lawrence the prop forward who recently registered a 40mtr dash time that made him 2nd quickest in the club, a time of 4.85 secs :laugh: :surprise:

I heard rumours this guy was a crazy fitness/army/ninja dude but dam he is a prop with some jet boots :laugh: :laugh:

TITAN PETE
10-02-12, 08:48 AM
Some ppl would be interested to know that the fella that almost stopped Fishaii from scoring was none other than Brenton Lawrence, yep Brenton Lawrence who just did 2 tackles in a row and then turned and tried to chase down the flying fullback, Brenton Lawrence the prop forward who recently registered a 40mtr dash time that made him 2nd quickest in the club, a time of 4.85 secs :laugh: :surprise:

I heard rumours this guy was a crazy fitness/army/ninja dude but dam he is a prop with some jet boots :laugh: :laugh:

Your pretty close with your thoughts mate he is a fitness Junky & wouldn't be out of his depth in a sprint against Gordon , Mead & co the man can motor & was classed as the fastest player at the Burleigh Bears :surprise:

BJ is a player that will shine this year after having his 1st year of off season injury free :fist:

He would be the 1st forward picked for me on the bench :thumbsup:

Titanic
10-02-12, 07:58 PM
I also think he showed a bit last year - what stopped him at the Raiders?

amaline
10-02-12, 08:37 PM
Wrong thread.

DavidBouveng
10-02-12, 09:10 PM
he looks like a real specimen hey.

havent seen alot of ball playing or skill, but with harro, bird, myles, bailey, bodene... we dont need any more of that just yet

a battering ram will do for now.

excited to see him go at it now hes fit