PDA

View Full Version : Dragons update

Super Cronk
18-01-06, 02:37 PM
Head stalls return, Barrett scotches rumours

Leagueunlimited

St George Illawarra halfback Mathew Head's recovery from a knee injury has been set back three weeks.

The talented playmaker underwent an arthroscope last week on the knee, which forced him to miss most of the 2005 season. Head is likely to miss the Dragon's Charity Shield hit-out against South Sydney on February 18.

Meanwhile Dragon's captain Trent Barrett says he has not held talks with any English Super League clubs about his future despite reports recently that had linked him with Maurice Lindsay at Wigan. In the reports, Barrett was said to be contemplating a big money move to the UK by enacting a get-out clause in his contract with the Dragons at the end of this season.

Steelers
18-01-06, 09:27 PM
Hopefully Matty Head will be right come Round 1.

DeeGan
18-01-06, 11:43 PM
This Matt Head injury is why I believe Greenshields looks more and more like resigning as a Dragon and not a Titan. Ben Hornby is a classy half and if Head is not up to scratch Brown will not hesitate in slotting him in the seven calling on Clint for the fullback role.

Brown did it to Brett Firman, he will do the same here if Head is holding the Dragons back.

DeeGan

Research Station Drive
18-01-06, 11:53 PM
This Matt Head injury is why I believe Greenshields looks more and more like resigning as a Dragon and not a Titan. Ben Hornby is a classy half and if Head is not up to scratch Brown will not hesitate in slotting him in the seven calling on Clint for the fullback role.

Brown did it to Brett Firman, he will do the same here if Head is holding the Dragons back.

DeeGan

Can't agree with that sorry Deegan.

We've got Josh Morris coming through the ranks at fullback, he could easily slot in there.

Browny's got huge wraps on Heady, coached him in Jersey Flegg.

Greenshield's will be a Titan methinks - which is good because he's a very solid player.

DeeGan
19-01-06, 12:16 AM
Can't agree with that sorry Deegan.

We've got Josh Morris coming through the ranks at fullback, he could easily slot in there.

Browny's got huge wraps on Heady, coached him in Jersey Flegg.

Greenshield's will be a Titan methinks - which is good because he's a very solid player.

Fair enough - Brown could of all the wraps in the world on Heady (as he did Firman before dropping him in early 2004 before the Warriors game) though IF Head is not up to speed when coming back from the knee injury I cannot see Brown persisting with him when he has Hornby that can slot into half (and did a fine job) with the proven Greenshields to fullback (or perhaps this Morris kid).

Interesting selection possibilities ahead IF Head does not return to pre-injury form.

Don't get me wrong, I would more than welcome the signing of Greenshields, if Brown has faith in Morris and a lesser price, it is a win-win for the Titans and Dragons I guess.

DeeGan

SOLIOLA
19-01-06, 12:24 AM
I dont mind matthew head he is a pretty good player once you look at him closely. He has got a great kicking game and knows where to place the ball.

Greenshields moving to halves would be strange but it has happend before and the dragons are maybe more than willing to try this move again.

Daniel Holdsworth looks like a good signing for the bulldogs and looking at the pics of him in training and the drills and skills he looks like a good player that could fill in the pivot boots that Anasta left.