PDA

View Full Version : Titans: What merchandise should we be looking at?

DeeGan
18-01-06, 01:24 PM
Titans: What merchandise should we be looking at?

As a matter of interest, I thought I would ask members what they would expect or like to be able to purchase merchandise wise for the 2007 season.

Obviously we will have the replica jersey, hats, polo shirts, wristbands etc. though what other abstract merchandise items would you like to see be branded with the Gold Coast Titans name?

Examples: stickers, waterbottles, bags, wrist watch etc.

Look forward to the replies.

DeeGan

Queenslander
18-01-06, 01:27 PM
Little Titan figureines
Surfboards:They would cost a bit but they would be a collector's item
Boogie Boards: Cheaper for the mass market plus imagine all the kids at the beach using those, it would be cool
Sunglasses

Ands thats all i can think of right now :thumbsup:

Super Cronk
18-01-06, 01:28 PM
School stuff, IE: rulers, pencil cases etc. You might think this is stupid or something that wont make a profit...but if i had 1 cent for everytime someone asked me "where can i find my teamsrulers, pencil cases, bags" then ild be a millionaire! Its soemthing small but ive found alot of people do want these things.

Super Cronk
18-01-06, 01:30 PM
Little Titan figureines
Surfboards:They would cost a bit but they would be a collector's item
Boogie Boards: Cheaper for the mass market plus imagine all the kids at the beach using those, it would be cool
Sunglasses

Ands thats all i can think of right now :thumbsup:

figureines? good idea. I think they would sell very well.

I also like the idea of Sufboards etc esp up in the gold coast area where they would be very popular ild imagine.

Queenslander
18-01-06, 01:30 PM
figureines? good idea. I think they would sell very well.

I had some when i was a kid, i have a brisbane bronco and an old gold coast seagull somewhere in my toy chest!

Super Cronk
18-01-06, 01:33 PM
I had some when i was a kid, i have a brisbane bronco and an old gold coast seagull somewhere in my toy chest!

Really? i didnt know there were league figureines.

Also some more ideas: beach towels and sports ears.

Queenslander
18-01-06, 01:35 PM
Also some more ideas: beach towels and sports ears.

Beach towels are another great idea....Anything that relates to the beach should have a titans logo on it! :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
18-01-06, 01:41 PM
Yea to go with Queenslanders line of thinking, some beach items would be fantastic!

Sunnies, beach towels, boardies, beach umbrellas and the like.

Bumper stickers, or just stickets even are massive. It is a fantastic gauge of support to see how many cars bear a team's bumper sticker.

And stickers can be stuck on anything, computers at work, school folders at school, whatever.

I hope stickers come out sooner rather than later. But they must be quality and not fade.

School equipment, infiltrate the schools.

Titan figurines would be great. Even for big kids like me. Ideal for putting on computers. I'd love it if they created a cool little Titans character/mascot and they'd sell different types of toys.

I'd like to see some nice classy Titans scarves. Big fan of them.

Around finals time, I'd like to see the club sell supporter paks, full of banners, balloons, steamers and such for work places, homes and parties.

Bomber jackets!

DIEHARD
18-01-06, 01:46 PM
Beach ball, in Titans colours.

Queenslander
18-01-06, 01:49 PM
Beach volleyball kit, with a net that has the gold coast titans logo on it. Include volleyball with logo on it also.

Wet suits in titans colours and logo placed on it

You could even have a fishing pack, with rod and reel with the logo and titans colour scheme :)

Kingytek
18-01-06, 03:01 PM
4X4 Spare Tyre Cover!
I'd like a Tie to wear to work! I'd need 5 different colours for each day of the working week!

DIEHARD
18-01-06, 05:35 PM
http://store.kcchiefs.com/images/products/A1/A1-143158404099.jpg

Some figurines like this would be cool.

Or like the old Kangaroos ones they used to sell at BP and the Broncos ones you used to get with Streets ice creams.

The Original Idiot
18-01-06, 06:03 PM
Temporary tattoos, flags, drinking glasses, and those temperature-measuring fridge magnets you can get from Movieworld.

Queenslander
18-01-06, 06:49 PM
Or like the old Kangaroos ones they used to sell at BP and the Broncos ones you used to get with Streets ice creams.

Here is my collection of the Kanagroos and Broncos figureines. As well as the prized Allan Langer doll!

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3945/allfooty7qg.jpg

The broncos players are (left-right) Kevin Walters, Trevor Gillmiester, Andrew Gee, Allan Langer and Paul Hoff

The Australian players are (left-right) Benny Ellise, Willie Carne, Laurie Daley, Mal Meninga, Paul Harrigan and Allan Langer

If the titans could get some of their first players in figureine form im sure they would sell...I know that i would buy one :thumbsup:

The Original Idiot
18-01-06, 07:39 PM
^ If they get them out early, Presto's a lock. Probably Bailey as well.

DeeGan
18-01-06, 10:29 PM
Some great ideas guys!

That Allan Langer doll is hideous Queenslander :laugh:

DeeGan

Queenslander
19-01-06, 09:18 AM
Some great ideas guys!

That Allan Langer doll is hideous Queenslander :laugh:

DeeGan

Well I dont see you having your own doll! :p

sherrinator
19-01-06, 05:27 PM
titans personalized plates!

league_fan
22-01-06, 06:03 PM
What about a blue and gold eel or blue and yellow cowboy hat? Just rub out the eels or cowboys from the logo and it should be ok.

qld power
22-01-06, 06:29 PM
omg that langer doll is funny as

Titanium_BD1103
23-01-06, 09:07 AM
There are some very good ideas here.. but here is one you all forgot and that I think is a necessity as a team.. :D :D

TITANS HATS-LIKE THE ONES TITANS USE TO WEAR... OH YES OR STAFFS... ;)

We need something like that to go up against the Raider helmets and the cowboy hats that Canberra and North Queensland have.. I reckon it would be cool to have a rubber staff at a game... we would look like gladiators headed to war.. ahhh.. that I reckon would look super cool... :)

Eel 33
23-01-06, 10:42 AM
If the idea of a hat gets through, look at the problems the Cowboys have. The hats were made so big that ppl sitting behind them at the games complained about the obstructed view. If i remember correctly, I think they ended up being banned at the final against Parra and the GF or they were given their own bays to sit in.

Wolfpak
24-01-06, 11:39 AM
Has anyone else seen these yet?

http://www.ilovesport.com.au/new_images/NRL/N714.jpg

http://www.ilovesport.com.au/new_images/NRL/N665.jpg

http://www.ilovesport.com.au/new_images/NRL/N698.jpg

The bottle opener/keyring is $9.95, the camera is $14.95, and the pin is $7.95.

DIEHARD
24-01-06, 11:43 AM
I love the colour scheme on the merchandise.

DeeGan
24-01-06, 11:56 AM
Nice find Wolfpak ;)

DeeGan

Dakink
24-01-06, 01:17 PM
They are some quality finds - just broke my keyring - need to get a new one!!

Slaytera
03-02-06, 09:39 AM
today I bought my titans keyring from footy mania tweed city and on the back it said "2004". I thought it was a typo but the guy at the counter said that no other teams keyring had anything on the back so there was nothing to compare.
titans 2004? conspiracy?

Titanium_BD1103
09-02-06, 05:30 PM
Well this one is not a case of what merchandise should we be looking at... but more a case of what the NRL is looking at.. and what the Titans are sure to have as part of their merchandise range come 2007... ;)

Introducing The NRL Supporter Train set (this one is a Bulldogs One).. :D

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6781/bulldogtrain17yf.jpg

For a bigger clearer copy, click here (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3204/bulldogtrain24td.jpg)

I found that in the TV guide and thought you all might want to have a look.. :)

Titans#1
09-02-06, 05:36 PM
I found a site today that sells NRL Team BBQ Utensil Sets, which include (get this) a 'steak brander' so you can brand your steak with your teams logo....
I'll see if I can find the site and pic again.

Steelers
09-02-06, 05:37 PM
I found a site today that sells NRL Team BBQ Utensil Sets, which include (get this) a 'steak brander' so you can brand your steak with your teams logo....
I'll see if I can find the site and pic again.

I have seen those at Rebel Sports

Titans#1
09-02-06, 05:45 PM

Well i've never seen them! And I am now happier knowing that at the next Titans BBQ there is a chance that my steak is branded with the Mighty Titan! :lol!:

http://www.jerseys.com.au/images/04.11_bbq_roost.jpg

The Original Idiot
09-02-06, 07:25 PM
As I remarked in the supporter name thread, supporter helmets like the gladiator is wearing.

The Original Idiot
09-02-06, 07:39 PM
Remember, all items have to be affordable. People don't want to buy massively priced items. Normal gift shops etc. sell for more than they should IMO, we should not simply try to maximise profits.

Queenslander
09-02-06, 09:00 PM
Remember, all items have to be affordable. People don't want to buy massively priced items. Normal gift shops etc. sell for more than they should IMO, we should not simply try to maximise profits.

There needs to be a good mix between the common items and some special "collector" items. Im sure there would be many Titans and Rugby League fans wanting to buy some rarer items as a piece of history. For example some clubs sell very nice watches with the club logo on the face and there is only a certain amount created.

Wolfpak
07-03-06, 12:03 AM
I'm hanging out for a Titans pool cue and set of Titans billiard balls. And on the subject of merchandise, I finally got down to Australia Fair on Sunday and bought myself a Titans fridge magnet and a Titans bottle opener from Team Effort. This, along with my Titans supporter ball, brings my entire Titans merchandise collection to three pieces! lol

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/wolfpak/RIMG0001.jpg

I was also in a Rebel Sport store on Sunday and they said they would have Titans jerseys this week and they would be selling them for $149.95.

Steve Dangerous
07-03-06, 12:53 AM

also at 'pub world' or something, in the new helensvale shopping complex.

Wolfpak
10-03-06, 02:28 PM
www.nrlshop.com (http://www.nrlshop.com/) say this about Titans merchandise:

Watch this space, as we will soon have the official Gold Coast Titans jerseys and supporter apparel available!

Hopefully soon!

C-Whiz
21-05-06, 06:29 AM
I was just wondering if there are any plans to sell titans footy socks? Then I can wear them every day at work, showing support and stirring the masses!

I haven't seen any designs etc, and none of the retailers (Rebel, A-mart etc) know anything about them. Does anyone know if there is a design on the drawing boards yet?

Thanks.

C-Whiz
21-05-06, 06:54 AM
As I remarked in the supporter name thread, supporter helmets like the gladiator is wearing.

This is a great idea! It's original and a stand-out!

I'd buy a helmet, it'd sit on the bar when not being used on official occasions, you could get it signed by team/staff and even wear it for safety when attending away games against Canterbury.

I think a limited edition run of "Inaugural" supporters/collectors gear would be a great way to start. I can't afford to buy a new jersey at the start of every season, but I still have a collared Broncos jersey with "Powers" sponsorship and that has real street cred (or just says "Tight ****!")

Anyway, I'd pay good money for a couple of good quality original collector items that will always be talking points and genuine keepsakes.

And get me some socks.......

DIEHARD
25-05-06, 03:15 PM
I need a Gold Coast cap or hat.

titans_fanatic
26-05-06, 06:53 PM
I really hope we get awsomee tracksuits,

Bed covers,
Titan rash vests in the jersey but so you can wear it at the beach,
A titans light, like one of those advertising lights,
titans bean bags,
ect..

DIEHARD
27-05-06, 01:25 AM
I'm looking forward to ordinary Gold Coast footy socks.

I wonder what they will look like. I hope mainly sea blue with gold trimming.

Nothing flash, just traditional.

I'd buy a heap of those.

lonegull
27-05-06, 12:28 PM
i need a bumper sticker surely wont be long now

Helen
27-05-06, 05:46 PM
Has anyone mentioned

'Gift Vouchers'

Autograph Book with Titans cover.

Support Flags

Wallets

Prints and Posters

I apologise if others have mentioned these. I was just adding as I thought of things.

Helen

Kingytek
08-06-06, 12:00 PM
Spirit Dispenser? My very own bourbon gold coast titan spirit dispenser.... I'm buying one!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GOLD-COAST-TITANS-NRL-30ML-SPIRIT-DISPENSER_W0QQitemZ8805886805QQcategoryZ39933QQtcZ photoQQcmdZViewItem

Dakink
08-06-06, 12:34 PM
Has anyone mentioned

'Gift Vouchers'

Autograph Book with Titans cover.

Support Flags

Wallets

Prints and Posters

I apologise if others have mentioned these. I was just adding as I thought of things.

Helen

Hey Helen!!

Never apologise for posting ideas!!!!

The more the merrier - though the easy way to check is to read the thread;-)

DIEHARD
08-06-06, 09:17 PM
The more the merrier - though the easy way to check is to read the thread;-)

Yea absolutely. Throw it all in.

I'd love Titans bomber jackets. :D