PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Name our mascot

DeeGan
18-01-06, 12:02 PM
Titans: Name our mascot

'Let's get busy with planning 2007' is the motto of the day and whilst we are looking at naming our supporters group, let's think about names for a possible mascot in 2007. I say possible as I am not sure if this is in the works (I am guessing yes) though there is no time like the present to start throwing some names around.

Post your names in this thread and a couple of weeks from now we will look at creating a poll e.g. Achilles the Titan

DeeGan

Queenslander
18-01-06, 12:06 PM
How about the Gold Coast Gladiator...a bit of a nod and a wink to the past ;)

DIEHARD
18-01-06, 12:06 PM
Spartacus...

The gladiator who broke free and lead a rebellion against Rome.

Not only a great warrior but a noble leader.

He is the ultimate gladiator.

DeeGan
18-01-06, 12:08 PM
Captain Titan - Just so I can reprise my role :laugh:

p.s. YES, I am joking :)

DeeGan

Queenslander
18-01-06, 12:09 PM
Captain Titan - Just so I can reprise my role :laugh:

p.s. YES, I am joking :)

;) Right sure you are......Lets leave the tights out of this mascot's clothing shall we :p

DeeGan
18-01-06, 12:12 PM
I assure you, I haven't the figure of the great Captain Charger to around in that suit mate :)

Another name: RUSSELL CROWE :laugh: Oh wait, he was a Gladiator :)

DeeGan

Queenslander
18-01-06, 12:15 PM
I assure you, I haven't the figure of the great Captain Charger to around in that suit mate :)

Im not really the type to think about your figure DeeGan :P

Another name: RUSSELL CROWE :laugh: Oh wait, he was a Gladiator :)

He is also known as Captain Phone Toss :laugh:

DeeGan
18-01-06, 12:18 PM
Im not really the type to think about your figure DeeGan :P

He is also known as Captain Phone Toss :laugh:

:laugh: Good to know - not that there is anything wrong with that as Jerry Seinfeld would say ;)

Super Cronk
18-01-06, 02:02 PM
Spartacus...

I agree. Spartacus is the name to go for IMO.

[BroncosGirl]
18-01-06, 02:37 PM
Spartacus...

I like that name :clap:

Kingytek
18-01-06, 02:50 PM
Oceanus - The Titan that represents the ocean. Quite suitable being a coastal team.

Oceanus
by Ryan Tuccinardi
The personification of the vast ocean. As geography became more precise, Oceanus began to refer to the water outside of the Pillars of Heracles, or the Atlantic Ocean. He was the eldest of the Titans and a son of Uranus and Gaia. He was the father of all rivers by his sister Tethys. The couple also had the Oceanids which personified springs and smaller bodies of waters, like lakes and ponds.
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/o/oceanus.html

The Original Idiot
18-01-06, 05:55 PM
Did WHAT with his sister?

I'll suggest Orion, even if he wasn't a gladiator.

Good name Diehard.

Steelers
18-01-06, 08:20 PM
Let's just bring back Captain Charger, get the suit out DeeGan ;) lol

SOLIOLA
18-01-06, 11:07 PM
King Titan

Something short and sweet and easy to remember not a bad name but it's still suggesting.

Spike
19-01-06, 03:56 AM
I like ATLAS, i know it sounds like a map, but he was the strongest Titan in greek mythology. :box:

RIP
19-01-06, 11:20 AM
(Spartacus... The gladiator who broke free and lead a rebellion against Rome.Not only a great warrior but a noble leader.He is the ultimate gladiator.)
Great name we can almost call Sparty

DeeGan
19-01-06, 11:23 AM
Spartacus is a great name for the mascot - another could be MAX or MAXIMUS (Crowe's charater from the Gladiator).

The Titans name gives us a great angle again for naming the mascot as we have ALOT of possibilities where other clubs like the Sharks, Eels, Dragons etc are limited for obvious reasons :)

DeeGan

Titanium_BD1103
19-01-06, 04:54 PM
These are all really good suggestions.. :)

Mine include

Atlas
The Titanium Gladiator

Steelers
19-01-06, 05:20 PM
King Titan

Something short and sweet and easy to remember not a bad name but it's still suggesting.

I like this 1. It is simple yet it works well. It could do well with the kids as well.

GOATUS
19-01-06, 08:32 PM
I have the PS2 game Spartan Total Warrior and they call the main hero of the game The Spartan i know its not roman background but its short

Titans#1
20-01-06, 08:59 AM
Titanus (j/j)

I do like Spartacus and King Titan.

The Original Idiot
20-01-06, 04:26 PM
I prefer the Roman names, Max and Spartacus are nice.

Coaster
20-01-06, 09:26 PM
Cyclops

The one eyed Titan supporter

The Original Idiot
21-01-06, 07:08 AM
Must you bring that name back? Once is enough.

rugged
21-01-06, 02:24 PM
TITUS No idea who that is. Might get the nickname Tits though so may not be any good.

Otherwise, Maximus sounds very good.

Brycey
31-01-06, 09:28 AM
Titty

lonegull
31-01-06, 11:07 AM
I think something to do with the greek myhtology era would be good but i do like spartacus so i will go with that or just a quickie titanium man

rugged
31-01-06, 10:57 PM
TITUS No idea who that is. Might get the nickname Tits though so may not be any good.

Otherwise, Maximus sounds very good.

Actually, might get the nickname Tight **** too.

qld power
01-02-06, 06:12 PM
yah spartucs or maximus gets my vote

captaincharger
01-02-06, 07:12 PM
Anyone who has seen Monty Pythons Life of Brian will appreciate the suggestion of these 2 names
*edited*
2/ incontinenta buttocks

just thought i would throw them in for good luck :D :D :D

Kingytek
26-04-06, 09:22 AM
I'd like to see Spartacus, Maximus or whatever he may be called at some official Titan days in the near future. They will either go with the capt charger lycra suit look or the full cartoonised constume of the tough looking guy from the logo.
E.g http://www.abc.net.au/rugbyleague/2005/galleries/nrl_round10/images/05.jpg

I pray it's the latter

Super Cronk
26-04-06, 02:00 PM
Anyone who has seen Monty Pythons Life of Brian will appreciate the suggestion of these 2 names
*edited*
2/ incontinenta buttocks

just thought i would throw them in for good luck :D :D :D

#1 was edited by myself....altho its only a joke and funny it is inappropriate for this thread.

patskE
26-04-06, 02:06 PM
u need a soft/carton, otherwise they scare the kid's, u dont want them to be scared to goto a game now do u?

Kingytek
26-04-06, 02:13 PM
u need a soft/carton, otherwise they scare the kid's, u dont want them to be scared to goto a game now do u?

I reckon one similar to the bulldog one i posted but with the head of the tough guy on our logo and a suit with some armour and our jersey etc.....

patskE
26-04-06, 02:17 PM
he needs to be dressed up as a warrior sorta thing
his coat of arms could be his titans logo
have a sword(not sharp) and a shield with the titans logo on it and ****
using apporitate colours and shizzle

dont dress him up in the titan's jersey, dont get me wrong mad jersey but not really titan like

Kingytek
26-04-06, 02:27 PM
Well I suppose a plain bulldog is pretty boring so they had to give him something extra like the jersey!

patskE
26-04-06, 02:37 PM
yeh
but with a titan
u can have a helment, sword, shield, armour and more to take up space and stuff so it dont :D

what about something like the raider's mascot, thats cool, but more titan looking and stuff

Kingytek
26-04-06, 02:48 PM
yeh
but with a titan
u can have a helment, sword, shield, armour and more to take up space and stuff so it dont :D

what about something like the raider's mascot, thats cool, but more titan looking and stuff

u have a pic? i cant remember what it looks like....

patskE
26-04-06, 02:51 PM
nah jsut had a quick look
but its sorta just like their logo, but more cartoonish

DIEHARD
26-04-06, 03:40 PM
He needs to be a real cool looking and realistic Gladiator.

Social Loafer
26-04-06, 03:55 PM
u have a pic? i cant remember what it looks like....

you mean Victor?, I have some pics that I took at the season launch, sorry in advance for the dodgy photos. :laugh:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Schifty05/victor1.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Schifty05/victor2.jpg

patskE
26-04-06, 04:00 PM
his a mascot
cant be to realistic

just get like 5 ppl(gfx designers or wat ever) to design mascot and just pay for the best one sorta thing
let the ppl choose

DeeGan
26-04-06, 04:15 PM
Let's keep this thread on track and keep childish suggestions to MSN or other forums.

Some members have made a complaint, let's keep in mind we are an all ages forum.

Cheers

Old Diehard
26-04-06, 08:19 PM
How about "FLUFFY"
Because I like to see Fluffy from the Gold Coast beat the crap out of all those other mascots.

Go Fluffy Go!!!!

Social Loafer
26-04-06, 09:28 PM
Timmy the Titan??

Titan Tommy??

Yep, I got nothing...

captaincharger
26-04-06, 09:35 PM
sorry if anyone was offended by my suggestions. i do have a new suggestion seeing as lots of people seem keen on bagging Matt Petersen maybe he could take the position of team mascot and we could call him sideshow bob. :afro:

Kingytek
27-04-06, 08:36 AM
Introducing Captain Titan.....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/kingtek/gctitan.jpg

Dakink
27-04-06, 08:44 AM
Introducing Captain Titan.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/kingtek/gctitan.jpg

Nice one - I like that!

What a good place to start!

patskE
27-04-06, 10:14 AM
captain titan...
sorta soounds lame, titan isnt a person is a group of people, dosnt sit right
i would just go with a name of a famous titan

Dakink
27-04-06, 10:22 AM
captain titan...

The definition of a Titan;

1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" David Barboza.
3. The largest satellite of Saturn and the 11th in distance from the planet. It is the second largest satellite in the solar system.

Reading the above, a Titan is an individual entity, just one of a prodigous size....

He was posting a basic photoshopped pic..

Kingytek
27-04-06, 10:31 AM
captain titan...

I guess it was a joke flowing from the name Captain Charger

The Original Idiot
27-04-06, 03:27 PM
Spartacus is the best IMO.

DeeGan
27-04-06, 04:20 PM
Love the image Kingytek :laugh:

lonegull
28-04-06, 01:47 PM
i like THOR the titan real masculin look about it and it keeps with the greek mythology a bit although it has nothing to do with the gold coast

Steve Dangerous
28-04-06, 01:53 PM
How about 'Captain Deegan'.

HodgoBerro
28-04-06, 02:00 PM
just thinking of ancient grecoroman warriors

spartacus....

caesar...

ptolemy...

alexander...

HodgoBerro
28-04-06, 02:01 PM
i like THOR the titan real masculin look about it and it keeps with the greek mythology a bit although it has nothing to do with the gold coast

thor is a viking name...

Des
28-04-06, 03:23 PM
What about the the name Galey. As In Paul Gale from SEA FM who used to be Captain Charger before he was unceromoniously dismissed.LOL :thumbsup:

Old Diehard
28-04-06, 03:44 PM
It's got to be WALLY - after the most famous Titan/Gladiator/Warrior ever produced in QLD. WALLY LEWIS

Yep it got to be Wally!!! The Titan.

Dakink
28-04-06, 04:13 PM
It's got to be WALLY - after the most famous Titan/Gladiator/Warrior ever produced in QLD. WALLY LEWIS

Yep it got to be Wally!!! The Titan.

Nope - dont want to turn a lot of the supporters off by naming the mascot after that old Hack.

Social Loafer
28-04-06, 04:31 PM
Could always make the mascot female

Goldy the Titanette :laugh:

Des
28-04-06, 04:42 PM
Dakink! Excuse me but Wally Lewis was one of the best footballers you and/or myself will ever see in our lifetimes. Besides Joey Johns there is still no other footballer in the comp that could ever compare to Wally Lewis. Old hack eh! I liked to see how old you are.LOL!

Des
28-04-06, 04:58 PM
Could always make the mascot female

Goldy the Titanette :laugh:
Or The Tit****s. Now that would be a great mascot.LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dakink
28-04-06, 05:30 PM
Dakink! Excuse me but Wally Lewis was one of the best footballers you and/or myself will ever see in our lifetimes. Besides Joey Johns there is still no other footballer in the comp that could ever compare to Wally Lewis. Old hack eh! I liked to see how old you are.LOL!

LOL Here fishy fishy fish......

One mans medicine is anothers poison....

You wont get many NSW fans supporting a Wally mascot ;-)

Des
28-04-06, 05:49 PM
LOL Here fishy fishy fish......

One mans medicine is anothers poison....

You wont get many NSW fans supporting a Wally mascot ;-)

If the mascot had the toughness, brains, brawn & guts of Wally Lewis and the SEMI likeness and fitness of Joey Johns.The titans would have one hell of a fantastic mascot. HAHAHA! Bring back the Wally doll. Where did he go?LOL :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Wally! Wally! Wally!

Old Diehard
28-04-06, 06:42 PM
Dakink says The Gold Coast Titans won't get many fans with the Mascot named Wally ,after Qld's greatest titan of Rugby League.

My answer to that - who gives a squat. Whilst we up here admit Joey Johns is terrific the Southeners or the other hand never gave Lewis the credit he deserved. More's the shame.

But as Tweed Heads is on the border and is also part of the Gold Coast,I'm sure The Titans will have a few fans in NSW!!!Even with Wally the mascot!

The Original Idiot
28-04-06, 08:33 PM
People, please. It is suicide naming your mascot after a living person. I imagine that a great many people from northern NSW will support the Titans and may not like the mascot being named Wally. Wally Lewis was one of the greatest players ever IMO (and I do support NSW), but it is not worth naming a mascot after him. I honestly would prefer Coaster's Cyclops idea over this one. Let's be reasonable and take an ancient Greco-Roman name like Spartacus or Maximus.

Old Diehard
30-04-06, 12:27 PM
GOOD- now that we all decided on Wally as the name (except for the Southeners who's views don't count!) we can get on with it!!!

Dakink
30-04-06, 04:20 PM
GOOD- now that we all decided on Wally as the name (except for the Southeners who's views don't count!) we can get on with it!!!

Idjit ;-)

Old Diehard
30-04-06, 04:45 PM
Thanks Kinky - use spell check next time.
Question daKinky - how much footy did you play and when and who against.
Otherwise Kid, and I suspect you are all of 25 years of age at the most ,are you involved with any Rugby League Club- junior level or any!!!!
Ijit!!!!!
Common Coffs habour or where ever you come from use the dakinky's talent.
HE"S A CHAMPION

Dakink
30-04-06, 05:05 PM
Thanks Kinky - use spell check next time.
Question daKinky - how much footy did you play and when and who against.
Otherwise Kid, and I suspect you are all of 25 years of age at the most ,are you involved with any Rugby League Club- junior level or any!!!!
Ijit!!!!!
Common Coffs habour or where ever you come from use the dakinky's talent.
HE"S A CHAMPION

Sorry there Forum Cop. - I used Idjit deliberately - Is Idiot better for you. I remove myself from this argument about now as I have no interest in becoming embroiled in a slanging match with someone as self righteous as yourself.

Yup Im under 25 (My Birthday is listed on Titans, actually turn 30 in a couple of months), never played the game in my life and I suggest you go back over some posts before deciding to preach your "QLD centric" brand of support. I verbally joust with a lot of QLD supporters here and have got as good as I have given. If you cant see the fun in some of the posts here then perhaps you should take some deep breathes and think of calm blue oceans. Perfect example;

If the mascot had the toughness, brains, brawn & guts of Wally Lewis and the SEMI likeness and fitness of Joey Johns.The titans would have one hell of a fantastic mascot. HAHAHA! Bring back the Wally doll. Where did he go?LOL Wally! Wally! Wally!

nothing insulting there, just a little fun stirring a Blue!

Just curious what has someones footy level, age or current involvement in a club have to do with this thread? Is there a point behind your vitriolic diatribe?

Have you actually read any of the older threads? Particularly between myself and QLd'er or HodgoBerro, all in good fun, and no one getting serious or insulting....They defend theirs as do I, and take our jousts in the manner it was intended

I apologise if Idjit was taken as an insult, it was meant in the right manner - though perhaps a slightly thicker skin is needed...

Anyway as I have said, This is the last bite you will get out of me unless it is to debate something intelligently that is posted on these forums.

Have fun.

Old Diehard
30-04-06, 09:33 PM
Love ya da kinky - Wally's da Titan!!!!

Old Diehard
30-04-06, 10:12 PM
If that mob from down South don't like it they can bugger off.

The Original Idiot
01-05-06, 06:22 AM
^
Bugger off yourself. You don't own the club. (I am assuming here you are not joking.)

And please don't repeat posts. Use the edit function instead.

Titanium_BD1103
01-05-06, 09:00 AM
I agree.. as much as Wally is a huge part of the Gold Coast... I would rather prefer NOT TO SEE his name in the Mascot for the Titans.. I think he would have no relevance to the kids who are coming up, who sadly, don't know who Wally is... and therefore I reckon naming the mascot after past players of the GC fame (Not just Wally) is completely out of the question.

As for me.. I like King Titan or Titanius... something simple that will make a good looking mascot and kids and adults a like can enjoy and be a part of.. :)

Finally Old Diehard.. there is a poll in the social thread.. use the search button to find it that will state that the majority of members on the Titanium Forums are 25 or Over in age... I am actually a minority.. but I am only 4 years behind that cut off point.. too young.. but never too determined.. ;)

DIEHARD
10-05-06, 03:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/gimmick.jpg

Perfect. :laugh:

Dakink
10-05-06, 03:33 PM
Lol and what do we call that?

Broomicus?

Headbristles?

DIEHARD
10-05-06, 03:39 PM
Broomicus?

Yep thats a winner.

The Original Idiot
10-05-06, 03:48 PM
I prefer Headbristles myself :laugh:

Supergoose
11-05-06, 10:46 AM
I don't mind King Titan but I'd like to see a name from Greek mythology that is representative of the Gold Coast.

I like Hyperion - Hyperion was known as the Sun.

I am not a fan of using gladiator names like Spartacus.

Teegy
11-05-06, 11:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/gimmick.jpg

Perfect. :laugh:
Thats what all the Titans Fan will be wearing it the Titans Army area lol

patskE
11-05-06, 12:45 PM
man thats a good idea for a titans supporter gear
buy those types of hats

also name for the titan army
"the gladiators"

DIEHARD
11-05-06, 02:33 PM
Thats what all the Titans Fan will be wearing it the Titans Army area lol

Hahaha I can just imagine Titans administration reading this and thinking...

"NO PLEASE DONT DO THAT! PLEASE!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SuperCliffy#01
12-05-06, 09:56 AM
Just considering how many have moved into the area, how about Captain Victoria, and it will look like Jeff Kennett.cya. :satan:

Flanker/5-8
12-05-06, 04:35 PM
Victor the Viking is the awesomest mascot ever.

Don't worry as much about the costume as the lad inside.

Queenslander
12-10-06, 11:45 AM
Its official the name of the Gold Coast Titans mascot is..............BLADE

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=12342

Steve Dangerous
12-10-06, 04:12 PM
Does anyone remember that show Gladiators? One of them was called Blade lol.

Gladiators.. Titans.. hmm.

Robbie_Dee
12-10-06, 04:19 PM
Does anyone remember that show Gladiators? One of them was called Blade lol.

Gladiators.. Titans.. hmm.lol, i sure do remember gladiators, that was my favourite show!

dee13
31-01-08, 05:16 PM
Cyclops

The one eyed Titan supporter

WOW... I was just looking through the old posts and found this one Coaster. Did you realise that Blade has one eye. My take on the one eye is that Blade is a one eyed Titans supporter.

Super Cronk
31-01-08, 05:59 PM
dee13, you may have answered this before, but how did you get to become the mascot for the titans? did you know someone at the club..or was there a try-out sort of thing?

dee13
31-01-08, 07:55 PM
dee13, you may have answered this before, but how did you get to become the mascot for the titans? did you know someone at the club..or was there a try-out sort of thing?

No try outs. It all started when I was mucking around on the forum. I saw the thread which coerresponded with the first public appearance of Blade. Just joking I said, "If no-one wants to get in the suit, I will do it." From there I think Deegan said that the Titans don't have a full time person in the suit yet.

I went to alot of the Titans early training sessions and made myself known to the right people by showing them that I was a very keen and commited fan and by letting them know that I was interested. At the trial game in Lismore I met Michael Searle and spent all of the first half with him in the grandstand. At this stage I was taking photos to download for the forum. It was then that I asked him about Blade and his reply was "I will put in a good word for you."

I kept calling the Titans and asking/persisting, until I was called up for an interview with Titans management.

I got a call a few weeks later and the rest is history.

Evertime I take the Blade costume off, I can't wait for the next time I have to get back into it again.

I LOVE IT and I hope the fans are loving the persona I bring to Blade.

Super Cronk
01-02-08, 03:44 PM
Do you get to chill with the other team mascots at all? i mean out of suit.

dee13
01-02-08, 04:45 PM
Do you get to chill with the other team mascots at all? i mean out of suit.

The mascot race at Suncorp was great.

10 people walk into a room with big bags I walk back out an absolute freak show. It was so funny in the change rooms watching each other transform into our alter egos.

For the records none of them wanted to be Blade and all of them were sympathetic. They couldn't believe the sheer mass and weight of Blade.

I got on really well with the original Buck. He was a really nice guy and I have kept in touch with him.