PDA

View Full Version : Roosters Vs Eels

Mavfan
26-09-05, 05:23 PM
Roosters aim for back to back Premier League titles

Sydney Roosters will face Parramatta in the 2005 VB Premier League Grand Final after two contrasting qualifying finals on the weekend.

The Roosters simply blew Canberra off the paddock on Saturday at Aussie Stadium, winning 60-10 in one of the most clinical and comprehensive displays of finals football in recent memory.

Shane Flanagan?s team ran in eleven tries as they made the Raiders look outclassed. Boom half Jamie Soward snared 28 points with three tries and eleven goals, while Grant Rovelli, Michael Lett and Lelea Paea all posted doubles as the Roosters ran riot.

With size and pace across the park, the Roosters have shown themselves to be worthy Grand Finalists and will take a power of beating in next Sunday?s decider at Telstra Stadium.

They will take on Parramatta after the Eels ended Newtown?s bid for glory with a 24-14 win in the second qualifier. Early tries to Matt Petersen and John Williams gave the Eels a 12-2 lead before Russell Aitken put the Jets back in the match with a try before half time.

Down 12-8 at half time Newtown needed to score early in the second term but despite applying plenty of pressure, some poor options and defensive errors proved costly. One grubber into the in goal saw Parramatta get back in the field of play and Williams exploded out of dummy half up the blind side to race 90 metres and score. When Drew Dalton dummied his way through and crashed over soon after Parra were ahead 24-8 and sitting pretty.

Geoff Johnson scored a gem of a try to give the Jets a glimmer of hope but that faded when Jardine Bobongie was called back for a forward pass as he crossed with 13 minutes to go, and Parramatta were able to hang on for a deserved victory.

Best for the Eels were centres Ashley Graham and Brett Delaney, while Joel Reddy and Marcus Perenara also stood out. Newtown?s best were David Thompson, Cameron Ciraldo and Bobongie.

Source: http://www.rleague.com/article.php?id=19544

Super Cronk
26-09-05, 09:50 PM
roosters will win i reckon.

DIEHARD
26-09-05, 09:54 PM
I'm going with Parra here.

Mavfan
27-09-05, 07:47 PM
Should be a quality match. Both team's have First Grade players all over the park!

Roosters Line Up(Note, players in bold are players that have made their first grade debut at some time or another)

1. Aidan Kirk
2. Micheal Lett
3. Sam Perrett
4. Lelea Paea
5.Troy Malcolm
6. Jamie Soward
7. Grant Rovelli
8. David Shillington
9. Heath Le'Strange
10. Mickey Paea
11. Shane Shackleton
12. Nigel Plum
13. Stuart Webb

14. George Rose
15. Lopini Paea
16. Adam Schubert
17. Ben Hannant

Shubert Will Replace Meredith come late week.

I just feel this team will be too strong.

Teegy
27-09-05, 07:50 PM
Close one aswell but Parra by 2

PARANoIR
27-09-05, 09:08 PM
The Roosters will win, theyve got a side that Souths would almost be happy with in first grade. lol.

Super Cronk
27-09-05, 09:23 PM
i like the roosters halves....i havent seen the eels team yet but those forwards are good enough to give soward space and he is a real good youngster.

PARANoIR
27-09-05, 09:25 PM
Soward will captain Australia one day.

Teegy
28-09-05, 08:19 AM
DOubtful. cannot crack 1st grade and with brath Anasta coming to the roosters he won't get a chance

Super Cronk
28-09-05, 03:04 PM
DOubtful. cannot crack 1st grade and with brath Anasta coming to the roosters he won't get a chance

cant crack first grade?

he played 7 games this year and was very very impressive in those games. Ricky stuart wasnt even going to use him this year or next year...he was building him up but injuries and bad form forced him to use him. Tell ya the turth i would rather him over finch.

Dakink
28-09-05, 03:15 PM
I think Soward has a good future - dont think it is at the Roosters though.

Parra_Titan
17-10-05, 03:14 PM
Wooooo Go Parra!

Steelers
17-10-05, 05:21 PM
Wooooo Go Parra!

Woooooo Go Steelers :p

ridgey
17-10-05, 05:37 PM
Soward will captain Australia one day.

well we've got paranoir saying jamie soward will captain australia,mark geyer saying robbie farah will captain australia,alot of the st.george\illawarra contingency reckon dean young will captain australia,parramatta fans think tim smith is possibly a future australian captain,geez the future is in good hands.

Dakink
18-10-05, 10:59 AM
Hehe Thats a lot of Aus captains. Too many cooks perhaps???

I will be the next Aus captain...