PDA

View Full Version : Scott Prince - leaving the Titans?

DavidBouveng
14-08-11, 10:36 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but might get more traction here.

The Daily Telegraph in Sydney this morning ran a small article which i have quoted below:

"The Titans are predictably denying it, but theres good mail they would be happy to see skipper Scott Prince walk away from the last 3 years of a rich 5-year deal. Prince, whose season ended with a broken arm last week, has ben quietly offered to rival clubs and isnt popular with his Titans team-mates"

I have no idea as to how true this is, but it a pretty big claim to make.

It would provide some insight into why the team is performing so underwhelmingly and without the usual pride.

I just find it hard to imagine, and while it doesnt say why he is unpopular, usually you can tell when a guy is big headed or has a bad attitude, or his team mates are 'off' him. But then again, Tiger had the world fooled for a decade...

Anyone with any more info on this would be a huge help, cos in the small chance its true and eating away at the team, it needs sorting before we ruin 2012 as well.

Cheers,

Smakked
14-08-11, 10:40 PM
Maybe it is the case who knows , could be just typical media bull****.

DIEHARD
14-08-11, 10:42 PM
I haven't seen anything about this and only heard about it from someone from Sydney.

DavidBouveng
14-08-11, 10:48 PM
Yeah i hope its BS too,

i read the tele most days, and they hardly ever have anything on the titans,

so why go out of your way to write that someone is unpopular. seems unnecessary, but i dont pretend to understand the media.

teke
14-08-11, 10:50 PM
This quote doesnt surprise me

SunnyCoastTitanFan
14-08-11, 10:57 PM
IF this is true, maybe it's a case of his teammates blaming him for the losses, or maybe they think he doesn't give his all in defence when he's the highest paid player, yet the other guys get dropped if they slack off in defence. Other than that he seems to be a great player and a great leader (especially off the field, and a great ambassador of the game. imo it doesn't make sense, yet it could also make perfect sense at the same time.

But then again, the media keep looking for ways to make us look bad, cos we don't **** up off the field as much as they'd like us to, and perhaps that's the reason why we always get hard done by the refs, the media possibly offering the NRL some cash to make sure the refs screw us over, and also give more fuel to the Titans v Suns battle.

DavidBouveng
14-08-11, 11:16 PM
yeah well said, i agree he is a great ambassador for titans / nrl.

and the titans have always seemed a pretty close team, working hard for each other and digging in until very recently

and there is a huge degree of difference between a full on mutiny because he is unbearable (which i doubt) and say, a few guys jealous / annoyed he is on good coin and hasnt been putting in in defense.

I must say though that compared to the middle of the year, he has been trying harder in defense. Still misses a bunch(like most halves except wallace and pearce), but you can see the effort is improved.

If there is anything in it, im sure it will come out at some point.

hammer
15-08-11, 05:47 AM
Sounds like the newspaper is fishing for a bite...or heavens above trying to sell a few more newspapers!

Ryan
15-08-11, 06:33 AM
Sounds like **** considering the Titans had been branded a 1 man team for the preceding 4 years for being unable to win without him. His missed tackles aren't the worst in the comp for a halfback. Take into account he has a metal plate holding his arm together and gets targeted more than any other player - his shortfalls in defense are understandable. When the team is missing 40 tackles per game, you can't justify laying that on one person. Campbell was (c) Sat night and they still missed 46.....

I wouldn't be giving anything that comes out of the Sydney media the time of day....

Smakked
15-08-11, 07:20 AM
S
I wouldn't be giving anything that comes out of the Sydney media the time of day....

+1 to this :gossip:

DIEHARD
15-08-11, 04:16 PM
The Tele hasnt done us many favours in the past.

Local
15-08-11, 04:31 PM
Of ALL the garbage that ALL the newspapers print from time to time I've found that over the years Phil Rothfield's garbage seems to be more accurate than most.

eelectrica
15-08-11, 05:15 PM
With the way this season has gone absolutely nothing would surprise me at this stage

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 05:38 PM
It is BS but if he leaves i would be happy.

DIEHARD
15-08-11, 05:57 PM
I'd be very unhappy as it would tarnish our club's legacy since 2007.

But I dont believe it.

Titan2007DH
15-08-11, 06:23 PM
RUBBISH! Just someone throwing out the bait! :gossip: IGNORE!

DIEHARD
15-08-11, 07:11 PM
RUBBISH! Just someone throwing out the bait! :gossip: IGNORE!

I totally agree, stick solid Titans. Our enemies like to try to divide and conquer.

TitansFan2020
15-08-11, 07:28 PM
Scott Prince has offiacially signed with the Tigers on a 2 year deal, leaving his old club with 3 years left on his contract. It is beleived to be the cause of a conflict with other members of the team. This will see him see out his career at the tigers.

:'(

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 07:45 PM
Scott Prince has officially signed with the Tigers on a 2 year deal, leaving his old club with 3 years left on his contract. It is believed to be the cause of a conflict with other members of the team. This will see him see out his career at the tigers.

Good to know.

MightyTitans
15-08-11, 07:47 PM
any link to an article?

who the hell is going to be our halfback then???

eelectrica
15-08-11, 07:48 PM
Looking for a link myself, haven't found one...

MightyTitans
15-08-11, 07:51 PM
source lonely turtle?

Toads
15-08-11, 07:51 PM
Huh, Say What?!?!

If it's official. Who actually released the statement, and is there possibly a link stating such?

If it is true, it's pretty disappointing actions from the golden child, considering how it's been spread on by Titan's Management over the years. Oh well, such is life..

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 07:58 PM
He is joking.

eelectrica
15-08-11, 08:02 PM
I just had a quick look on Scotty Princes Twitter and don't see anything there. I guess it must be a joke. Hope so any way.

Boofhead
15-08-11, 08:05 PM
He is joking.

*He is a joke*

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 08:07 PM
I just had a quick look on Scotty Princes Twitter and don't see anything there. I guess it must be a joke. Hope so any way.

You can tell by the spelling mistakes, even though it looks like he copied it out of an article.

Scott Prince has offiacially signed with the Tigers on a 2 year deal, leaving his old club with 3 years left on his contract. It is beleived to be the cause of a conflict with other members of the team. This will see him see out his career at the tigers.

MightyTitans
15-08-11, 08:09 PM
if untrue, mate you're a loser

shamus
15-08-11, 08:10 PM
You can tell by the spelling mistakes, even though it looks like he copied it out of an article.

Yes, I picked up on that as well....tigers would also read Tigers.

Unless of course he can't copy and paste......

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 08:11 PM
Yes, I picked up on that as well....tigers would also read Tigers.

Unless of course he can't copy and paste......

Oh I missed the Tigers mistake. :doh:

Also "leaving his old club with 3 years left on his contract"
His old club was the Tigers.

eelectrica
15-08-11, 08:16 PM
Yeah I noticed some of those things as well. The thing is though it woudn't be a shock if a rumour like that was true with the way this season has played out.

On the other hand though even though Prince hasn't had his best season, it would be crazy of the club to allow Prince to leave as we don't have a HB ready to step up. And the last thing we want next year is a season like this with all our big signings being wasted.

matti
15-08-11, 09:00 PM
Dont forget this kid assumes he was dux of his private school.....

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 09:34 PM
And he also assumes he makes more money than Teke.

Bayside Titan
15-08-11, 10:28 PM
I have two questions then for everyone. 1. What player would you like to see fill Princes spot? 2. And what club do you think he would go to or retire? My answers would be 1. Cronk and 2. Retire.

Smakked
15-08-11, 10:31 PM
Mithcell Pearce/Cooper Cronk
Retire

But non of the above is going to happen

TITAN PETE
15-08-11, 10:46 PM
The bloke should be renamed The Lonely Turd

DIEHARD
15-08-11, 10:51 PM
In my opinion, saying he will retire is an insult to Scott. He will bounce back hard.

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 11:05 PM

Do mods have the power to do this :D

TITAN PETE
15-08-11, 11:07 PM
Do mods have the power to do this :D

U may have planted a seed :rolleyes:

GoldCoastTitans100
15-08-11, 11:12 PM
U may have planted a seed :rolleyes:

Hah,
Oh well i think we have scared him off anyway.

I would be more then happy to see Prince leave, but right now with Presto retiring we don't have anyone to replace him. Im going to wait 10 games into next season before i start judging why he is getting picked.

patskE
16-08-11, 01:04 AM
his to young to retire. he had a off year. he deserves more respect, his done so well for the club

Rage
16-08-11, 02:28 AM
Exactly, I would definitely not be happy to see Prince either leave or retire before his contract runs out. I hate to see how one off season by the whole team can make people lose respect and forget about all the good Princey's done for us in the past.

TitansFan2020
16-08-11, 06:07 AM
Its funny how you all scram into your childish comments that have been used many times before. Im just going by channel 9 unless they are wrong I was right. Im dissapointed how other members treat other members on this forum. Diehard, Tamwelg, Coaster and boof are the only ones ive seen who keep it clean and that is why they have the authoority and people who blab about something and try and gang up arnt. Plus so what if i got Dux for 3 subjects, are you gonna try and hold that against me??? cause im not offenced by that at all. Plus i get consistently 40 dollars an hour if he gets more im happy for him not upset. So please take your childish insults else where im saying what i heard.

Smakked
16-08-11, 07:13 AM
They said on the radio this morning that there was nothing in it. from Carty

TITAN PETE
16-08-11, 07:42 AM
He'll be here as long as Carty is here :thumbsup:

Titan Dad
16-08-11, 08:58 AM

Bahahahahahahahahaahhhahhahhhaaaa:laugh:

Toads
16-08-11, 09:00 AM
Cartwright: Princey not going anywhere

Jake Dew | August 16th, 2011

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright says Scott Prince will remain a Titan and stay on the Coast, despite fresh claims the club was looking to off-load their skipper.

With a broken arm prematurely ending Prince's season last week, Cartwright laughed off the claims made in a Sydney newspaper on Sunday, where it was reported the 31-year-old was on the nose of his team-mates and had been secretly offered to rival clubs.

But on a day where the Titans bolstered their 2012 roster by signing speedy Roosters winger Phil Graham to a one-year deal, Cartwright would not be drawn into debate over Prince, other than label the claims untrue.

Cartwright was prepared to talk about luring 30-year-old Graham north of the border, his services sure to bolster the Titans' backline stocks.

Proving his value in 142 NRL games for the Raiders and Roosters -- in a season where the Titans have struggled to cross the stripe -- Graham will provide an advantage with the prolific try-scorer bagging 79 tries in his career.

Losing 12 players from their current roster for next season, Cartwright said the signing of Graham complemented their recent acquisition of Jamal Idris and Beau Champion and help cut one of their big weaknesses out-wide.

goldcoast.com.au (http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/08/16/341361_gold-coast-titans.html)

See what I did there, TLT. I quoted statement/s with a link to what was mentioned. That's how some folk go about providing some facts. Not just blurting out something is official without providing some details..

Ryan
16-08-11, 11:36 AM
See what I did there, TLT. I quoted statement/s with a link to what was mentioned. That's how some folk go about providing some facts. Not just blurting out something is official without providing some details..

I'm yet to come across anything linking him to the Tigers at all, yet alone an official 2yr contract.....

Boofhead
16-08-11, 11:40 AM
Its funny how you all scram into your childish comments that have been used many times before. Im just going by channel 9 unless they are wrong I was right. Im dissapointed how other members treat other members on this forum. Diehard, Tamwelg, Coaster and boof are the only ones ive seen who keep it clean and that is why they have the authoority and people who blab about something and try and gang up arnt. Plus so what if i got Dux for 3 subjects, are you gonna try and hold that against me??? cause im not offenced by that at all. Plus i get consistently 40 dollars an hour if he gets more im happy for him not upset. So please take your childish insults else where im saying what i heard.

http://www.life.illinois.edu/ib/335/dispersal/15a-Wind-tumbleweed.jpg

Chaos
16-08-11, 12:54 PM

I admit there were a few personal shots at you that weren't waranted but maybe you'll do more research next time.
Only thing I'll concerned about...is calling Coaster clean...THATS AN OUTRAGE!

Toads
16-08-11, 01:24 PM
I'm yet to come across anything linking him to the Tigers at all, yet alone an official 2yr contract.....

You're not alone there. As I done a thorough search last night, trying to find a hint that has been mentioned in regards to Prince and Tigers, and my conclusion starts and ends in this thread alone..

matti
16-08-11, 01:39 PM
turtle, have you ever been to a game?

Coaster
16-08-11, 01:45 PM
Turtle was at the game Sat night, in the legion singing loud and proud.

Only thing I'll concerned about...is calling Coaster clean...THATS AN OUTRAGE!
Cheeky bugger, haha

teke
16-08-11, 01:48 PM
Where did Turltle say he earned more than I and how did that even come up, more importantly Im impressed...he has to be the richest 6 yr old ever :surprise:

thelwall
16-08-11, 01:54 PM
i was also singing loud and proud at the game on the weekend :) will always be cheering the boys on :) ..... there was a few people posted on nrl gossips facebook wall about this but its all just people spreading rumors like they do.... as soon as you lose a few games people seem to start rumors idk why , it beats me

DIEHARD
16-08-11, 02:28 PM
Come on fellas. Let's stick together. I didnt get a chance to meet Turtle at the game, but I got respect for anyone that attends the game especially in the Legion. But dude... lay off the comments about marks and your apparent pay package. That is like a red flag to a bull. See you at the Raiders game.

TitansFan2020
16-08-11, 02:40 PM
Will do, agaiin i dont say things if im not prevoked. Im just quoting what i heard on a news channel, 9 to be precise and i think its strange how you choose to be abusive for saying somthing that was told on the thread which it should be on???

Especially matti who has somthing to say everytime i open my mouth. P.s not you diehard

Ryan
16-08-11, 02:53 PM
Will do, agaiin i dont say things if im not prevoked. Im just quoting what i heard on a news channel, 9 to be precise and........

This thread is a good example of why people should put abit more effort into their posting ie: spelling, grammar and quoting sources. It's up to the poster to ensure his post is not mis-interpreted, not the reader to guess what the poster meant to say.

Had you have constructed your post abit more like this, you wouldn't have copped the abuse:

I heard this on channel 9 news last night:

"Scott Prince has officially signed with the Tigers on a 2 year deal, leaving his old club with 3 years left on his contract. It is believed to be the cause of a conflict with other members of the team. This will see him see out his career at the Tigers."

matti
16-08-11, 03:22 PM
Because i dislike people who think there better then everyone else mate. I don't care how much you earn per hour. Sure enough if this was on channel 9, this would have also been in the news. So coming on here telling us Jeffies does not give me anything positive to say about you.

GoldCoastTitans100
16-08-11, 04:32 PM

We post childish comments ?
If NBN did announce it on the news, it would be on the NBN website.

Telling people you earn more then them is a disgrace.

consistently $40 an hour ?, anyone apart from me see the humor in that statement ?

Where did Turltle say he earned more than I and how did that even come up, more importantly Im impressed...he has to be the richest 6 yr old ever :surprise:

yeah i am a young guy what of it i still make more money than you.

Will do, agaiin i dont say things if im not prevoked. Im just quoting what i heard on a news channel, 9 to be precise and i think its strange how you choose to be abusive for saying somthing that was told on the thread which it should be on???

Especially matti who has somthing to say everytime i open my mouth. P.s not you diehard

If you think about what you say first then you will not have this problem.

Because i dislike people who think there better then everyone else mate. I don't care how much you earn per hour. Sure enough if this was on channel 9, this would have also been in the news. So coming on here telling us Jeffies does not give me anything positive to say about you.

Agreed !

matti
16-08-11, 04:45 PM
Case closed , princey is staying, titans to beat raiders!!

TitansFan2020
16-08-11, 05:30 PM
See this is why the numbers in the forum has dropped, you try and gang up and get other players out. Like titansrawesome shore his posts were not always the best but he is a Titans supporter and that is what this forum is about not asking people if they are ******ed, not rubbing their nose in if they got a fact wrong because they actually heard it but it might of been false??? The point is to support the Titans the quicker most of the guys here learn that the better quality each thread will be and the general feel of the forum will raise. Stop with the attacks and get back onto the topic. Im not posting again on this so dont waste the effort to try and make a 'comeback' i dont care honestly.

matti
16-08-11, 05:41 PM
i think the recent drop in forum would be more related to the games itself, just like the numbers at games, they have been going down. And BTW your signature relates to a stone, not a rock :)

Boofhead
16-08-11, 05:49 PM
i think the recent drop in forum would be more related to the games itself, just like the numbers at games, they have been going down. And BTW your signature relates to a stone, not a rock :)

Mrs. said the same thing the other day... "We will, we will Pebble you." :laugh:

DIEHARD
16-08-11, 05:50 PM
Glad Prince is staying. Well done on getting on the front foot and debunking this.

GoldCoastTitans100
16-08-11, 06:50 PM
Mrs. said the same thing the other day... "We will, we will Pebble you." :laugh:

:laugh:

Titanic
16-08-11, 10:26 PM
Mrs. said the same thing the other day... "We will, we will Pebble you."

crap, I thought it was "We will, we will Nut you" ... silly me.

teke
17-08-11, 12:50 AM
Consistently $40 an hour ?, anyone apart from me see the humor in that statement ?

With all that money surely he is planning on perfecting the English language

C-Whiz
17-08-11, 04:16 PM
Looks like I missed a good thread here! :D
I switched off after I read the original post.

Chin up, turtle. I say post whatever you want. You've got a think shell, so don't take the comments too personally.

I remember "the good old days" when Ryan would pick fights with people just to keep the forum numbers up! :laugh:

Titanic
17-08-11, 09:51 PM
Classic Whiz, I reckon he's got a thick one as well.

Steelers
18-08-11, 12:12 AM
:zzzz: I miss shavenjas...

I remember "the good old days" when Ryan would pick fights with people just to keep the forum numbers up! :laugh:

If I recall he received a lengthy holiday at some point for doing that :laugh:

DIEHARD
18-08-11, 03:00 AM
Gold Coast Titans forward Anthony Laffranchi rubbishes talk players unhappy with Scott Prince

DEPARTING Titans forward Anthony Laffranchi has rubbished suggestions Scott Prince had lost the faith of his teammates, admitting the low blow stung his good mate and skipper.

If the beatings on the paddock this season haven't been hard enough to handle, claims this week the Titans were set to offer Prince a release from the final three years of his contract and talk of him losing his popularity within the playing group were the final straw.

Premiership winners together at the Wests Tigers, Laffranchi felt for his roommate, with the St Helens-bound forward infuriated by constant speculation about rumblings within the camp.

"I think that's all hearsay and rubbish to be honest," fired Laffranchi in defence of Prince. "It's unfortunate that it comes out but I think with the negative time we are going through and losing, everyone wants to throw their two-bob in and say what's going on (but it) isn't."

With coach John Cartwright throwing his support behind Prince earlier this week, assistant coach Trevor Gillmeister was just as bemused by the speculation surrounding supposed player movements within the club, stressing Prince was staying put.

But Laffranchi admitted the mere suggestion had cut deep.

"As a teammate and close friend I know it really hurt him," he said.

"The disappointing part wasn't talk of him being shopped around, it was talk of disgruntled teammates.

"He's our club captain but he's not only our captain and leader on the field, he's a great bloke off the field. If you ask the other 24 blokes they will say the same thing."

Returning from a corked hip, Laffranchi makes his 100th Titans appearance, against the Raiders, on Saturday, a milestone the 30-year-old knows he will appreciate when the time eventually comes to hang up the boots.

With three games left as a Titan, Laffranchi is desperate to depart on a positive note and have the club seize its opportunity to deliver overdue joy for the club and its fans.

But it will have to be done without Prince by their side, although Murwillumbah-raised Laffranchi had little doubt the captain would be back on deck to lead the club's charge back into contention.

And Laffranchi expects Prince's drive and passion to leave a telling impression on the Gold Coast's new recruits in 2012.

"He's a great leader and I've been (following him for) eight years," Laffranchi said.

"These guys have been doing it for five (years) and the new guys will come in and see that as well. Not only on the field but off the field he is the face of the club, the club captain and regarded highly in the community.

"And he will be back. He's been through some horrific kind of injuries, and off-field stuff as well, but that's the type of character he is he thrives (on) the negatives."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/

Ryan
18-08-11, 05:22 AM
If I recall he received a lengthy holiday at some point for doing that :laugh:

Two if I recall..... The good old days in the Social Bar :laugh: