DIEHARD
07-08-11, 07:24 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Running times:
Box Offices Open:4.40pm
Gates Open:5.10pm
Under 20's Kick Off:5.15pm
Main Game Kick Off:7.30pm

Tickets from Ticketek - CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT2311)

DIEHARD
07-08-11, 07:31 PM
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Melbourne Storm
There will be plenty of lighting fast action in this match!

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are planning to rain on the Melbourne Storm’s parade when the two teams clash at Skilled Park. The Storm have been a benchmark team for the past few seasons, but can the Jetstar Titans squad claim the 2 points on offer and blow them away?

Your ticket includes more than just a game of football. Every Titans home game is great value entertainment for the whole family with:
- Game Day Titans TV
- Live music on the Australian Power & Gas Power Stage
- Face painting and fun activities for kids
- Cash and prize giveaways with the Sing 'n' Win, ? Million Dollar Kick and Catch the Bomb competitions
- Performances by the Norco Titanettes
- Live Sea FM broadcast with player interviews
- Titans inflatable skills course

Plus much more!

Just by attending the game, you have the chance to win $5,000 cash! Many people are still feeling the economic pinch... So it’s your turn to ‘Cash in on the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans $20,000* Giveaway’! There’s $5,000 cash for one lucky person to WIN at each of the following four Titans home games: v Cowboys, v Storm, v Raiders, v Eels.

To be in with a chance, all you need to do is download and complete an entry form available at www.titans.com.au or bring in the coupon that will appear in the Gold Coast Bulletin on the day of the game. Place your completed entry form in the barrel at Skilled Park before kick-off of the main game. Then be in your seat at half time of the main game to see if you are the lucky winner - it’s that easy!

Invite your key clients and staff or just treat yourself to enjoy this great match in style from the best seats in the house. The Jetstar Titans have a range of corporate hospitality options to suit your needs, starting from just $170 per person. Visit www.titans.com.au today for more information.

Will the Melbourne Storm be thunderstruck by the Jetstar Titans? Make sure you’re there to see all the action unfold live, buy your ticket now!

Love your league? Live the Titans

DIEHARD
07-08-11, 07:31 PM
Running times:
Box Offices Open:4.40pm
Gates Open:5.10pm
Under 20's Kick Off:5.15pm
Main Game Kick Off:7.30pm

Tickets from Ticketek - CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT2311)

DIEHARD
07-08-11, 07:36 PM
Let's try and get the word out, I want to see a great crowd at Skilled Park. :)

eelectrica
07-08-11, 08:07 PM
Hopefully the win gives people a bit of hope we'll be competitive against the Storm. Parra showed the Storm are ready to be beaten, but lacked the composure to finish the job. If we can keep turning up in defence up, cut down on stupid penalties, who knows, maybe we can spring the upset of the season?

Too see players like Slater in action is worth getting out there. Even if he does end up breaking out hearts! Presto deserves a good send off too and I'm sure he's still got a bit of magic left.

Boofhead
07-08-11, 08:18 PM
Bird to 5/8?

DIEHARD
07-08-11, 08:34 PM
Bird to 5/8?

I'd say that would be my 2nd alternative, not too fussed on it though.

Smakked
07-08-11, 09:18 PM
NIce, i will be there if work permits

Titanic
07-08-11, 11:33 PM
He'll probably be skydiving. Was that true?

teke
08-08-11, 12:46 AM
Milestones anyone?

Meads 50th game this week...uh oh :ugh:

It all started back in Round 1 with Gordons 50th :sadpace:

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-08-11, 12:53 AM
Well the stage is set, this is the second time in a row when the Melbourne Storm have travelled up to Skilled Park on the back of 10 straight wins (yeh that's right I have nothing else better to do than look up stuff like that lol), in the form of their lives, and we're the massive underdogs cos Prince is out yet again for a clash with the Storm (after Saturday, Prince will have played 2/7 clashes). Just think about it this way, how long can the storm maintain this intensity, they have to crack sometime, plus last time we played a team unbeaten for 10 games we won (dragons a few weeks ago to those who don't remember), and if the eels almost beat them and we're waaaaayyyy better than the eels, well doesn't that equal victory for us? I say it does. :D

DIEHARD
08-08-11, 07:05 PM
All business for Storm on Gold Coast

Melbourne Storm may be escaping to the sunny climate of the Gold Coast but there's no chance of a holiday according to halfback Cooper Cronk.

And neither do they want or need one.

After steamrolling Penrith 26-6 to lay one hand on the NRL minor premiership, the Storm next face the bottom-placed Titans, who had a four point win over the Sharks.

Melbourne plan to extend their stay in Queensland from game day on Saturday until Tuesday as they prepare for a blockbuster clash with defending champions St George Illawarra at AAMI Park Friday week.

But Cronk said there was no chance they would be putting their feet up.

"I've been under Craig (Bellamy) for nine years now and I've never had a holiday under his tutelage so I doubt that's going to be happening," he said.

"It's just something we as a club have done over the last couple of years.

"We've got a pretty strenuous schedule coming up with Manly and the Dragons back to back."

The representative No.7 said he didn't feel like he needed to be rested during the remaining rounds before the finals.

"I'm enjoying my footy at the moment and trying to play as consistently as I can," he said.

"The sports science and coaching staff have got all the measures in place so if we're tired or overtrain, and you've got to put your faith in their hands."

Fullback Billy Slater, the standout performer against the Panthers, agreed.

"I'm feeling quite fresh and I'm more looking forward to getting out on the training paddock with my teammates and trying to work on our combinations and trying to make sure come September, we're as sharp as we can be."

Cronk said while the club wanted to win the minor premiership, it was only a by-product of their bigger goal.

"It's definitely held in high regard and is something we cherish."

The Storm have one injury concern after the Penrith win with prop Adam Woolnough suffering injury to his Achilles and calf.

While coach Bellamy was concerned it could be a longer term injury, Woolnough hoped he would only be sidelined for a week.

http://news.smh.com.au

DIEHARD
08-08-11, 07:06 PM
No rest for Storm at winter camp

A few days in a coastal town near the NSW-Queensland border in the middle of a cold Melbourne winter might sound like an ideal retreat, but Storm halfback Cooper Cronk says the team's training camp at Kingscliff will be no holiday.

The Storm squad will remain in the warmer climes after next Saturday's away game against the Gold Coast until the following Tuesday night, continuing a tradition of late-season getaways established during their now-tarnished run of four straight grand finals from 2006.

Cronk said the camp would be used to fine-tune aspects of the Storm's game before vital matches against premiership rivals St George Illawarra in round 24 and Manly the following week.

''I've been under [coach] Craig [Bellamy] for nine years now and I've never had a holiday under his tutelage, so I doubt that's going to be happening,'' Cronk said. ''It's just something we as a club have done over the last couple of years.

''We've got a pretty strenuous schedule coming up with the Dragons and Manly after the Gold Coast game, so we definitely approach each week on its merits. However, we are professional enough to understand what's ahead of us.''

After coming back from an 18-point deficit against Parramatta in round 21, the Storm were again slow out of the blocks against Penrith on Saturday, with the Panthers dominating much of the first half with impressive attacking football.

However, Cronk said the ladder leaders were happy with their form leading into the finals. ''You'd like to play perfect every game but you can't,'' Cronk said. ''As long as we're able to address the issues that we're not doing so well during the game, that's a good sign.''

Bellamy said while he had been happy with his team's performance in the first half, which ended at 6-6, the second half stood out as a real ''Storm'' performance.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/

karnage
08-08-11, 09:05 PM
Storm are due for a loss...

Boofhead
09-08-11, 02:36 PM
Campbell to fill Prince’s shoes against Storm
Adam Gardini | 9/08/2011 2:07:56 PM

Retiring Jetstar Gold Coast Titans crowd favourite Preston Campbell will wear Scott Prince’s vacant No.7 jersey in Saturday night’s clash against heavyweights Melbourne Storm at Skilled Park.

Campbell, who has just four matches remaining in Titans colours before he retires at the end of the season, will switch from the interchange bench to halfback for the clash against the competition front runners, with prop Luke Bailey to captain the side in Prince’s absence.

Prince will miss the rest of the season after having successful surgery on his broken arm yesterday.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named a similar side to that which produced a spirited 20-16 win over Cronulla last weekend, with Campbell’s positional switch and the naming of Greg Bird and Clinton Toopi on an extended interchange bench as the only team changes in an 18-man squad.

Assistant Coach Steve Murphy said while it was disappointing to lose Prince, the club was fortunate to have a former Dally M Medal winning playmaker in Campbell to step up in his absence.

“He’ll leave a hole, like any class player leaves a hole, but we’re very fortunate to have a man of Preston Campbell’s ability just to step straight into the void there and fill that hole,’’ said Murphy.

“We’re very excited about Preston playing halfback but obviously disappointed for Scott.’’

With Bird and Toopi both named on an extended interchange bench and backrower Anthony Laffranchi in some doubt for the match with a cork, Murphy said a decision on the final make-up of the side would be made later in the week.

Despite not being in finals contention, Murphy said he was confident the Titans would rise to the occasion against Melbourne, who have won 10 matches in a row to lead the competition by two wins.

“Words like benchmark of the competition, premiership favourites – they are all those things and they deserve to be,’’ said Murphy.

“To play Melbourne this week is exciting. They’re going for a club record, we haven’t been happy with our form at home and if you don’t want to play against the best teams in the competition you probably should be playing something else.

“I’m sure our players will rise to the occasion this week, I’m looking forward to it.’’

JETSTAR TITANS v MELBOURNE STORM
7.30pm, Skilled Park
Saturday, August 13
1 Jordan Rankin
2 Steve Michaels
3 William Zillman
4 Dominique Peyroux
5 David Mead
6 Beau Henry
7 Preston Campbell
8 Luke Bailey (c)
9 Matt Srama
10 Matthew White
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Luke O'Dwyer

14 Brenton Lawrence
15 Will Matthews
16 Bodene Thompson
17 Clinton Toopi
18 Greg Bird

NYC TITANS v STORM
1 Peter Norman
2 Lausii Taliauli
3 Jackson Springer
4 Hymel Hunt
5 Japeth Vaoa
6 Alec Jones
7 Matt Beddow
8 Luke Page
9 Sam Meskell
10 Lain Windley
11 Sam Saville
12 Blake Anderson
13 Dylan Hartin

14 Sam Ross
15 Tom Dawney
16 Shaun Carney
17 Sam Irwin

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=41644&title=campbell-to-fill-prince%E2%80%99s-shoes-against-storm

Boofhead
09-08-11, 02:41 PM
Bird should be starting if he is fit... we will need him big time if we want to win.

DIEHARD
09-08-11, 05:49 PM
Well I'm glad about the team. A bit surprised to see Bird on the bench. Is it because he isn't fit or because his performance hasnt been himself lately?

And who is going to kick for goal? : /

TitansFan2020
09-08-11, 06:15 PM
Check my thread Diehard i will post it on there as soon as i figure out im trying to through inside ssources :)

Ryan
09-08-11, 08:06 PM
Well I'm glad about the team. A bit surprised to see Bird on the bench. Is it because he isn't fit or because his performance hasnt been himself lately?

And who is going to kick for goal? : /
Surely can't be performance???
In his last 3 games for us he's been making around 170mts & 30 tackles per match, he's been our best forward by heaps.....

Titanic
09-08-11, 11:14 PM
Neilson not named.

Titan_Blue
10-08-11, 07:32 AM
Nielsen has been named. The NRL site has put Dane Chisholm instead of Dane Nielsen a few times now.

TITAN PETE
10-08-11, 08:08 AM
Titans' Srama to meet his hero
Daniel Fraser | August 10th, 2011

GOLD Coast Titans rake Matt Srama is determined to cast aside any starstruck tendencies at Skilled Park on Saturday night and prove he can match it with the best No.9 in the land.

Having progressed through the grades idolising Melbourne Storm hooker Cameron Smith, the young Titans dummy-half says it will be a strange experience lining up against his Queensland and Australian hero.

But it is an experience he would not miss for anything.

"Saturday will be very surreal for me," Srama said.

"More than anything I just want to play well. It will be a massive test for me personally going up against Cameron Smith.

"Hopefully I can play well and do my job and maybe show people that I can start to match it with legends like him, but after the game it will be great just to shake his hand."

Have your say on the feedback form below
Gold Coast Titans news, photos

Having never run out against the Storm in the NRL, Srama carries none the scars of the Titans' heavy loss in Melbourne in Round 2.

Srama admitted the biggest challenge he faced would be succumbing to the awe that surrounded his childhood hero.

"He is one of my idols, definitely," Srama said.

"I am a true blue Queenslander and he is from Brisbane. He played pretty close to where I grew up playing, so seeing how far he has come and what he has done in his career already was a real inspiration for me coming through the grades."

The former five-eighth pointed to the kicking game of his Queensland and Australian hero as the feature of his game that he admires most, admitting it was lacking from his game at this stage of his career.

"What separates him from so many other hookers is his kicking game, and that is something that will come for me with confidence," Srama said.

"I grew up playing five-eighth and I had a decent kicking game but my progression and development as a hooker has taken me away from that.

"But it is something I would like to eventually have as part of my game."

Just 20-years-old and in his first season of first grade, Srama has already appeared on the radar of some of his most revered peers.

"Someone sent me a text about an article that Cam Smith did and in it he gave me a good rap," Srama said.

"It was a bit surreal really having my idol and the best hooker in the game praising me."

With regular utility Preston Campbell named at halfback against Melbourne, Srama will likely get as many minutes on the field to impress as his hero -- maybe more.

"Having Presto coming on and giving me breaks has been good but eventually I want to become like Cam Smith and Nathan Friend and these guys that can play 80 minutes every week," he said.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
10-08-11, 11:28 AM
I just had a look at the match betting for this game and the bookies have placed us at $7.20 to win this game at home. I find that just a tad (term used very lightly) insulting, considering Parramatta were only 2$ or $3 something. This will make the victory even sweeter.

DIEHARD
10-08-11, 03:37 PM
?Presto? excited about magic 100 milestone

He?s played more than 260 NRL games over 14 seasons at the top but livewire Preston Campbell says reaching 100 games for the one club, for the first time in his career is a special achievement.

Campbell will notch 100 games for the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans when he dons the No.7 jersey in Saturday night?s clash against Melbourne at Skilled Park, becoming just the fourth player in Titans history to do so.

Fellow inaugural Titan Anthony Laffranchi may also reach 100 games for the club this weekend if he can overcome a corked leg in time to take on Melbourne.

For Campbell, after playing 96 matches for Penrith (2003-06) and 54 matches for Cronulla (1999-2002), the 100-game milestone marks a significant achievement to add to his list as he soaks up his final month as a player in the game.

?Even though I?ve gone full circle, not many blokes can say they?ve started and finished at the same club,?? said Campbell, referring to his debut for the Gold Coast Chargers in 1998.

?I know they were the Chargers back then but they were still the Gold Coast.

?So it is great to be back here and to play 100 games for them ? I?ve never played 100 games for any team ? so that?s pretty special for myself.??

With just four games remaining in his playing career, Campbell said he would be out to bring a ?bit of fun? to his side?s style of play, starting this weekend.

?It?s the last four games of the season so I just think we should go out there and enjoy it,?? he said.

?Obviously we?ve got a structure in place but we just need to go out there and enjoy it. That?s the best way we play our football, we beat teams playing like that so I?m just going to try and bring a bit of fun into it

?You?re a long time retired from rugby league so I?m definitely going to go out and have a bit of fun.??

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright said it was nice to see the club?s inaugural players making history by reaching milestones this season and pointed towards the side?s strong record when Campbell has filled in for Prince at halfback in the past.

Without Prince, Campbell guided the club to a history making 18-6 win over the Storm in Melbourne 2009 along with a 20-16 win over Melbourne at Skilled Park last year.

?He?s been a cornerstone of our side and our club. He?s loved by everyone, especially us, and with four games we want to send him out a winner as much as we possibly can,?? said Cartwright.

?We?ve actually got a good record when Presto plays halfback. I know he?s very excited about it, he?s very important to us, very infectious and he brings that out in everyone else around him.??

Source: Titans

DIEHARD
10-08-11, 04:06 PM
Craig Bellamy does not want to to dwell on the Storm's past or future but solely on the match ahead

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy doesn't like to dwell on his clubs past or future which means the NRL minor premiership is not on his radar.

Bellamy also brushed aside talk of his competition-leading team equalling the club's season-best 11 successive wins when they play Gold Coast Titans on Saturday, which would be the Storm's 18th for the year against just three losses.

"The only focus we've got is this week," Bellamy said on Wednesday.

"People may get sick of hearing about that but we're not taking anything for granted, we'll be playing a very committed and pumped up Titans side this week.

"We're not going to fall into the trap of concerning ourselves with what we need to do in two weeks or patting ourselves on the back because that's not going to help us."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

After the Gold Coast match, Melbourne will remain in Queensland until Tuesday, formulating a plan for the remainder of the season and the looming finals.

Bellamy was bemused to hear of his side's run of results the last time the club held the camp.

While the end result was the 2009 premiership which was stripped last year, their first game after the break was against St George Illawarra and was a 26-12 loss.

They then suffered a further two defeats in their next three games.

"Maybe because we're going a bit later this year, that might be the change," he said when told of the losses.

"We didn't get much of a result (against the Dragons), although there was some good things after that."

The master coach said it was good to have a change of environment, although the sunshine and beaches didn't signal a holiday.

"It certainly won't be a holiday, although it will be nothing too intense.

"It will help us clear our heads about what's ahead and we put in place a few plans for leading on toward the end of the season."

Will the Storm continue their incredible run and clinch the Minor Premiership? Have your say.

Despite holding down last spot on the competition ladder, Bellamy was wary of the under-performing Titans, who had a much-needed win over Cronulla last round.

He identified his team's starts as an area they needed to improve on, after letting their past two opponents get the early jump.

"Our starts the last couple of weeks haven't been great.

"There's no excuses.... we need to improve on the way we're starting games and not rely on our second halves."

On the injury front, Bellamy said the club's leading tryscorer, winger Matt Duffie - who has missed the last three games with a sternum injury - was expected to be available to play the Dragons on Friday week at AAMI Park.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

DIEHARD
10-08-11, 04:07 PM
Charged-up Storm

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has put a fast start at the top of his list of things to achieve in Saturday's top-versus-bottom clash with the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park.

The Storm may be shooting for their 11th straight victory and have one hand on the NRL minor premiership, but Bellamy is leaving nothing to chance.

He wants a developing trend to concede the early initiative to the opposition in clashes with Penrith, Parramatta and the Broncos over the past three weeks to stop now before it gets out of hand.

The Storm conceded the first try in their 26-6 win over the Panthers, came from 18 points down in their miracle win over the Eels and were held to 6-all at half-time before running over the top of the Broncos.

"The last couple of weeks our starts haven't been great," said Bellamy.

"I know a couple of people have tried to throw some excuses."

"Before the Parramatta game we had a 10-day turnaround and you're always a little bit slow after 10 days, then we had a five-day turnaround and it's always tough after a five-day turnaround, but you can't have it both ways."

"We certainly need to improve how we're starting games and just not rely on our second halves."

Bellamy said he expects the Titans to be 'committed and pumped-up' following last week's upset win over Cronulla which effectively ended the Sharks' finals hopes.

He said the few extra days the Storm will be spending on the Gold Coast after Saturday's match 'won't be a holiday'.

"It's a break away from Melbourne and something that we have done in the past," said Bellamy.

"We will be training but it won't be anything too intense because we've got a short turnaround after the Titans game."

"But it just helps us to clear our heads a little bit and make sure that we're putting a few plans in place."

Bellamy said he expects winger Matt Duffie, who hasn't played since copping a blow to his sternum in the warm-up to the Broncos game, to be available for next week's blockbuster clash with St George at AAMI Park.

"We weren't quite aware of how bad it was and he hasn't played since, so that's certainly a bit of a worry," Bellamy said.

"But the medical staff expect him to be available next week."

Bellamy said the Storm would not be interested in recruiting Todd Carney should the troubled star be cut loose by the Sydney Roosters.

http://www.sportal.com.au

DIEHARD
10-08-11, 04:09 PM
Looks like the Storm are planning a blitzkrieg. We had better be on alert from the kick off or we will suffer chasing. And when the Storm get the taste of blood they don't stop.

We need to win with grit so we need a strong and dominating performance from our forwards.

DIEHARD
10-08-11, 04:20 PM
Titans v Storm
Skilled Park Saturday 7.30pm

An upset win by the Titans would have massive repercussions at both ends of the premiership ladder; a surprise victory minus injured skipper Scott Prince would muddy the waters concerning this season’s wooden spoon as well as breathe new life into the race for the minor premiership, leaving the Storm just a win in advance of the Sea Eagles (should Manly take down the Eels) with just three games to play.

However, an anticipated Storm victory – which would equal their longest winning streak of 11 – would all but secure the minor premiership for Melbourne and leave the Titans odds-on to be left holding the dreaded timber cutlery.

Still, the Titans showed they aren’t willing to go belly-up without a fight when defeating the Paul Gallen-led Sharks in the shire last week. Their 20-16 win came just days after club stalwart Preston Campbell announced he’ll be hanging up his boots at season’s end and was achieved minus the attendance of coach John Cartwright (post-operative illness) for the second week running.

Although they face a massive challenge to repel the Storm you can guarantee they won’t fall short on passion – Campbell and fellow foundation team-mate Anthony Laffranchi play their 100th games for the franchise.

Coach Cartwright will have his troops channelling thoughts of 2008 when they kept the Storm scoreless in an 18-nil triumph. Melbourne remain the only side they’ve managed to keep from posting a point in a game.

This week Campbell slots in at halfback for Prince (out for the remainder of the season with a broken arm), with Luke Bailey appointed captain. Clinton Toopi and Greg Bird, who must pass a late fitness test to take his place, are the new faces on an extended bench.

Meanwhile the Storm welcome back Jesse Bromwich at prop which ushers a domino effect: Sika Manu shifts to the second row, pushing Kevin Proctor to lock, pushing Ryan Hinchcliffe to the bench. Adam Woolnough is out with an Achilles injury until Round 26.

The Titans are really up against it – they’re on the brink of a sixth successive home loss, the first for a Gold Coast franchise since 1996. And they average their fewest points per game against the Storm (just 13).

Watch Out Titans: Billy Slater was outstanding against the Panthers last week, scoring a try and setting up another as well as running 118 metres and making a game-high six tackle busts (he now has 101 for the year). But it was his running work off the ball that really caught the eye – it’s no surprise he’s the league’s leading support player, his 144 supports 46 more than second-ranked Nathan Hindmarsh. He’s made 14 try saves too.

Winger Anthony Quinn sees the Titans as his ‘bunny’ – he’s crossed for six tries in five games including a hat-trick in his only clash at Gold Coast HQ in Round 5 last year (although he’ll be looking for a better result as the Storm lost 20-16).

The Titans may have got the chocolates against the Sharks but they still missed a whopping 40 tackles. They average 36 a game, the fifth most by any side. They’ll get slaughtered here if they can’t do better than average, given the Storm score the most points each week (24) and rank fourth for line-breaks (4.5), while the Titans concede the second-most line-breaks (4.8).

Danger Sign: With no Scott Prince down the other end the Titans will struggle for field position. If that happens Storm halves Cooper Cronk and Gareth Widdop will have a field day. Both have 14 try assists while Widdop leads his side for line-breaks with 14.

Watch Out Storm: Scott Prince leads the Titans for try assists with 14 – the next most is Preston Campbell’s three. Clearly the Titans will need some dazzling solo efforts to cross the stripe.

With such a limited range of attacking options the Storm can expect plenty of “lottery” kicks. Winger Anthony Quinn is the weak link, defusing just 50 per cent of grubbers and 67 per cent of cross-field bombs.

The Titans will play to their limited strengths – that means attacking the left side where they’ve scored 23 tries. They’ll also involve right winger David Mead and centre William Zillman often. The pair lead the way in tries scored with 12 and 11 respectively.

Danger Sign: The Storm need to stay vigilant in defence when the Titans are in possession between 20-50 metres out from the try line. This is their ‘go zone’ – they’ve crossed for 16 tries from plays initiated there, incredibly the second most by any side. (It still looks a mismatch though, given the Storm have leaked a league-low two in that section of the field.)

Plays To Watch: Luke Bailey (127 metres) and Greg Bird (132 metres) rallying the troops with gusto; Anthony Laffranchi searching out his 33rd try in his fourth-last game for the Titans to break away from Mat Rogers and become their record tryscorer; more ball-on-a-string finishes from winger David Mead; Billy Slater’s busts; Cameron Smith’s relentless assaults from the ruck; Cooper Cronk taking on the defence and passing inside to forward supports close to the Titans’ try line.

Where It Will Be Won: The weight of statistics. The Storm make the second fewest errors (9.9), the Titans the second most (12.6). The Storm complete their sets of possession 78 per cent of the time, way ahead of the Titans’ average of 71 per cent. Most tellingly though the Storm head all teams for points scored (23) and fewest points conceded (11.3) while the Titans are exact opposites, scoring the fewest points (15) and conceding the most (25).

The History: Played 6; Titans 3, Storm 3. Melbourne smashed the Gold Coast 40-12 at AAMI Park in Round 2. But the Titans are unbeaten in the two clashes played at Skilled Park.

Conclusion: We don’t condone or encourage gambling… but feel free to bet the farm on a Storm win. The only doubt is the winning margin. Hats off to the Titans if they can limit the damage to 20 points.

Match Officials: Referees – Jason Robinson & Allan Shortall; Sideline Officials – Steve Chiddy & Michael Wise; Video Ref – Phil Cooley.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 7.30pm (viewer’s choice), delayed 9.20pm.

* Stats: NRL Stats

http://www.nrl.com

Surfers6
10-08-11, 04:34 PM
For anyone that likes a bet this is looking juicy...

Im going to get on the Titans Line Bet, they will give us a 12-14 point head start i think. At home i would hope we can get within that margin if not win.

DIEHARD
10-08-11, 05:36 PM
For anyone that likes a bet this is looking juicy...

Im going to get on the Titans Line Bet, they will give us a 12-14 point head start i think. At home i would hope we can get within that margin if not win.

Sounds good to me. What is it paying? Head to head?

SunnyCoastTitanFan
10-08-11, 11:06 PM
I think we'll win by 2-8, 3 tries apiece, but we'll get the advantage from conversion/penalty goals. :thumbsup:

Surfers6
11-08-11, 09:45 AM
On Paper our forwards can dominate the storms forwards.
it will come down to that and the halves.

The tactic of kicking it dead to slater should be priority #1.
Let them have the tap and man up in defence.
High balls to Quins wing is a good idea too, aswell as getting up on Widdop who likes to take the line on.

Titanic
11-08-11, 10:14 AM
Bird on Widdop would stuff them nicely.

TITAN PETE
11-08-11, 11:21 AM
Campbell to tick off 100th Titans game
Emma Greenwood | August 11th, 2011

PRESTON Campbell has just one aim as he heads into the final four games of a remarkable 14-season NRL career -- and it could be the remedy for the Titans' woes.

"I just think we should go out there and enjoy it," Campbell said.

The evergreen Campbell lines up in his 100th game for the Titans on Saturday and his determination to enjoy the occasion -- and the final games of a stellar career -- could be the catalyst for a Titans revival.

The Gold Coast have every reason to be pessimistic heading into Saturday's game against the competition-leading Melbourne Storm. Without captain Scott Prince and several other injured players, anchored to the foot of the ladder and facing the form side of the NRL, the Titans have little reason for optimism.

But Campbell, who comes full circle at the weekend, heading out in the No.7 jersey in the city in which he started his professional footy career, says the Titans' inability to make the finals has actually taken pressure off his side heading into the match.

"We could be kicking stones but the spirit in the club's still great," he said. "We know what we're capable of. We know our chance of making the semis has gone but I think a bit of pressure has been taken off us."

Milestone games have been horrific for the Titans this year but the players are determined to break the hoodoo for Campbell.

The little master said enjoying the occasion was the Coast's best chance of snapping the Storm's winning run.

"I just think we should go out there and enjoy it," Campbell said. "Obviously we've got a structure in place but we just need to go out and play it, that's the best way we play our football.

"We beat teams playing like that, so I'm just going to try to bring a bit of fun back into it.

"I might as well (enjoy it). You're a long time retired from rugby league, so I'm definitely going to go out and have a bit of fun."

TITAN PETE
11-08-11, 11:21 AM
I Love Presto's final comment :thumbsup:

Coaster
11-08-11, 12:15 PM
Podcast is up with Kevin Gordon

Watch it here
Youtube (http://youtu.be/R3DVt9t8zz8)

Ryan
11-08-11, 05:11 PM
Podcast is up with Kevin Gordon

Watch it here
Youtube (http://youtu.be/R3DVt9t8zz8)

Get off the juice Kev! :surprise:

Coaster
11-08-11, 05:14 PM
Get off the juice Kev! :surprise:

He is doing a documentary, i think he said he is now at 96kgs up from 79 when he had the operation on his leg.

He is going to be a strong player for us next year, i cant wait

TitansFan2020
11-08-11, 05:21 PM
Will he retain his pace or lose it marginally ?

Coaster
11-08-11, 05:27 PM
Will he retain his pace or lose it marginally ?

he will lose a bit initially due to the operation, but he expects to get it all back.
I cant wait to see Idris at center drawing a couple of players in with his size and giving Gordon some space to move.
With his extra strength and speed it will be a lethal attacking side

teke
12-08-11, 12:21 AM
Kevin will drop back to 89/90 kgs once the season is in full swing, at the moment he isnt training for a game so the weight will go on easy. Once the season kicks off it will naturally fall off.

DIEHARD
12-08-11, 10:44 AM
The Storm machine does worry me. I know they are due for a loss. But their situation is pretty unprecedented and as they approach the Finals they will get bloodthirsty. We need to catch them off guard and hopefully we can do what Parra couldnt. But them away. But we need to do what we haven't all season. Play for 80mins.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
12-08-11, 11:57 AM
The Storm machine does worry me. I know they are due for a loss. But their situation is pretty unprecedented and as they approach the Finals they will get bloodthirsty. We need to catch them off guard and hopefully we can do what Parra couldnt. But them away. But we need to do what we haven't all season. Play for 80mins.

Well we are a much better team than Parramatta, and if we held an 18-0 lead, I'm sure we would win. Even if for some strange reason we don't end up winning, it will be close. Us, like the Eels, Manly and Tigers are one of the teams that the Storm seem to struggle against when playing away from home. The only reason the odds have been blown out so heavily, is only cos Prince is injured, but time and time again we always prove that we can win without him, particularly against Melbourne. Kicking it dead rather than to Slater has got to be one of the main tactics that we use, the more Billy has the ball, the less predictability the Storm will have, and thatcis when they start weaving their magic.

eelectrica
12-08-11, 01:59 PM

One thing in the Titans favour is next week the Storm play the Dragons so they may well be looking ahead to that game and take the Titans for granted.

Already I've noticed the Storm say they're not looking ahead to the Dragons, and at the same time they mention they're staying up here in training camp for the Dragons game.

I think they're hoping to blow the Titans away in the opening 10 minutes and cruise the rest. If we can put up a fight early and cut down on stupid penalties and mistakes we're a chance. Coming off a win and facing the Storm is hopefully a recipe for an 80 minute performance from the Titans.

We gotta beat the cheating scum!

DIEHARD
12-08-11, 03:41 PM
Great news that Preston is captain!

DIEHARD
12-08-11, 03:44 PM
Laffranchi to wait for 100th Titans game

GOLD Coast Titans forward Anthony Laffranchi will have to wait one more week to play his 100th game for the club after failing to recover from a cork in time for Saturday night's game against Melbourne Storm at Robina.

NSW origin forward Greg Bird will come in to the side to replace Laffranchi in the starting side with Clinton Toopi expected to rotate through the back row from the interchange bench.

It was a focused training session at Skilled Park this morning as the Titans prepared to meet a Melbourne Storm team striving to win their eleventh-consecutive game.

After the warm-up Titans captain Luke Bailey called the team into a huddle and, in an act both generous and selfless, handed retiring club legend Preston Campbell the captaincy for the remainder of the season.

Replacing injured halfback Scott Prince in the first receiver role, Campbell will also take over the kicking duties on Saturday night.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

DIEHARD
12-08-11, 03:44 PM
Titans keen to end flat season on positive note

BOTTOM-placed Gold Coast still has enough pride and a desire to send out departing club stalwarts on an upbeat note to cause a few upsets, starting tomorrow with Melbourne Storm, Titans' utility William Zillman said.

The Titans have had a horrendous season, starting the year as a finals contender but managing just five wins.

However, last weekend's morale-boosting 20-16 victory over Cronulla has closed the gap on those above the team and given it hope of avoiding the wooden spoon.

Advertisement: Story continues below Zillman said the players were desperate to send off the likes of the retiring Preston Campbell and Brad Meyers and the departing Nathan Friend [New Zealand Warriors] and Anthony Laffranchi [Super League].

''After having the win last week, it has lifted the confidence,'' Zillman said.

''Everyone seems to be a bit happier, as funny as it sounds, but it seems to have been a good training week.

''It has been a really tough year for us and to come to grips with the fact we're not going to be in the finals this year is going to be tough, but we're just looking forward to finishing the year on a positive note and sending some of our best players off.

Zillman said Campbell, who will play his 100th Titans game and 264th overall tomorrow night, had been ''an inspiration to the club''.

''We've still got four games this year to play with him and we can hopefully send him out with a few wins.''

The 24-year-old said he expected Storm, which has produced a string of suffocating performances to sit on top of the ladder, to be one of the grand finalists this year, with either the in-form Wests Tigers, or premier St George Illawarra as its opponent.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league

Ryan
12-08-11, 05:45 PM
A bench full off forwards! Just what I was hoping for ;)

Toopi should be better value for us in the pack than he would be in center, hopefully he and the rest of the bench hit the field with some mongrel and intent!

Might put some lunch money on for an upset :D

karnage
12-08-11, 06:43 PM
How Toopi gets in is beyond me...

He's a centre. Why on Earth would you carry a centre on the bench?? If Carty wants another backrower in there pick one. If he comes on for either Peyroux or Zillman I'll give it away.

We are basically going in with 16 players selecting him. Ridiculous!!

Ryan
12-08-11, 10:45 PM
How Toopi gets in is beyond me...

He's a centre. Why on Earth would you carry a centre on the bench?? If Carty wants another backrower in there pick one. If he comes on for either Peyroux or Zillman I'll give it away.

We are basically going in with 16 players selecting him. Ridiculous!!
I reckon he'll get used as an impact forward. And I don't see a problem with that, he's big enough and got the mongrel to put on a few hits and make a few good runs. We need blokes like him rubbing up the Storm pack in impact spurts, but we don't need him as the 80min liability he would be in the 3/4. I doubt he'll be substituting either of our centers.

I just put $20 on for Titans 1-12 @$8

Boofhead
12-08-11, 11:02 PM
I reckon he'll get used as an impact forward. And I don't see a problem with that, he's big enough and got the mongrel to put on a few hits and make a few good runs. We need blokes like him rubbing up the Storm pack in impact spurts, but we don't need him as the 80min liability he would be in the 3/4. I doubt he'll be substituting either of our centers.

I just put $20 on for Titans 1-12 @$8

Tener on the 1-6! :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
12-08-11, 11:19 PM
I have to agree, the selection of Toopi goes over my head. But I know he will try hard for us, just hope he cuts down the errors.

Pretty good team overall though.

Just hoping for some good weather and a healthy crowd on top of a great Titans performance and a win.

teke
13-08-11, 12:37 AM
Toops is much better coming on as a forward. His game nowadays is straight and hard and his tackling closer to the ruck will be much more effective than it was out wider.

TITAN PETE
13-08-11, 07:12 AM
Toopi hits harder than most & will not walk away if there is a Stink :fight: ;)

TitansFan2020
13-08-11, 08:37 AM
AHHHH i need a lift from mainbeach to skilled park in time to watch NYC anyone PLEASEEE??????

Princey's Titanz
13-08-11, 09:38 AM
Boys today is crunch time! We have gotta produce an upset today and by doing that we need the great goal line defence that we had against the sharks. But more importantly Titans need to play with pride and passion! CMON BOYZ! LETS DO THIS! (in 10 hrs time)

TitansFan2020
13-08-11, 10:01 AM
Never mind my last post i can get to the pac fair does anyone know when the firsst set of busses leave?

DIEHARD
13-08-11, 03:39 PM
Looking forward to the game tonight! And I love just having my Membership card. I'm in Brisbane ATM looking after my brothers place until tomorrow. I can jump on a train and get free transport to the GC. I also love not having to scramble for one off tickets and that Legion is GA. That used to drive me insane trying to micromanage who I'm going to the footy with and have to get the tickets.

Looks like we will get some good weather. Hope it holds out.

I'm probably going to get there around six.

Looking forward to catching up with my mate Timor 2 in The Legion tonight.

Boofhead
13-08-11, 03:59 PM
Looks like we will get some good weather. Hope it holds out.

I think there may be a Storm coming!

Titanic
13-08-11, 06:38 PM
I think there may be a Storm coming!

You'd better reef your sails, batten down your hatches and Titan your resolve then.

gotitans101
13-08-11, 07:24 PM
Man I'm p*ssed off that I can't get viewer's choice to work on austar, so I'm stuck with the Eels v Sea Eagles game. Was also the case last week. **** ***

teke
13-08-11, 08:22 PM
22 to 6 is fair reflection of game so far. Thought it could be a touch worse but still a half to go :mad:

Storm are just relentless with their attack in numbers.

JibberJabber
13-08-11, 08:44 PM
I'm new here, and I'm sure this isn't a good first post (I can hear the troll calls already...) but I think this belong here:

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?

Just in case.

Smakked
13-08-11, 08:54 PM
Jordan Rankin sucks balls , shouldn't be in the side, cant kick , cant mark, cant tackle, what a ****wit. Looks scared the whole time he is out there.

gotitans101
13-08-11, 08:56 PM
Jordan Rankin sucks balls , shouldn't be in the side, cant kick , cant mark, cant tackle, what a ****wit. Looks scared the whole time he is out there.

He had one good game against the Sharks and suddenly people were vouching for him.

He simply isn't ready for first grade.

Nick
13-08-11, 09:29 PM
What can you say about that? Storm were good, but we were just terrible at times.

Dom looks good, he just needs to learn to pass properly. Mead again played well, he just needs his hands on the ball more often I would love to see him in fullback. Bird had a good game.

And the biggest positive of the night.. Srama put some kicks in, 2 of them setting up tries! (i think, i have had a few but i think it was him)

Smakked
13-08-11, 09:31 PM
Yeah Bird did play well , Dom is showing some signs aswell hopefully he can keep it up and learn a bit more.

Ryan
13-08-11, 09:32 PM

He had one good game against the Sharks and suddenly people were vouching for him.

He simply isn't ready for first grade.

Bull****. I think you were both mistaking Henry for Rankin.

Smakked
13-08-11, 09:34 PM
Here we go a Rankin Fanboy LOL , he has nothing to offer, he is scared of the big boys. And that bomb he dropped that was terrible

JibberJabber
13-08-11, 09:36 PM
Henry

Did he play tonight?

gotitans101
13-08-11, 09:40 PM
Bull****. I think you were both mistaking Henry for Rankin.

Did you miss his simple knock-on that led straight to a Melbourne try? That was terrible stuff, should have been an easy take for any fullback in first grade.

Henry was average too though. I still think he has potential but..do we know how to train halves?

Ryan
13-08-11, 09:52 PM
Here we go a Rankin Fanboy LOL , he has nothing to offer, he is scared of the big boys. And that bomb he dropped that was terrible

Here we go a Henry Fanboy LOL, if that's your assessment on Rankin, then I'd like to hear your assessment on Henry :ugh:

Did you miss his simple knock-on that led straight to a Melbourne try? That was terrible stuff, should have been an easy take for any fullback in first grade.

Henry was average too though. I still think he has potential but..do we know how to train halves?

Seen better players make the same **** up. It's not like he is making those errors week in week out, you'll probably find it's only his second error in 1st grade.

His support play and goal line defense has been great, and he has been consistently breaking tackles and making line breaks. He is coming along fine, and has shown a ****load more potential than Henry has.

Did he play tonight?
Yeh, and I think he is running out of chances to prove his worth.....

GoldCoastTitans100
13-08-11, 09:57 PM
I said signing Henry was a mistake, he is just terrible.

Rankin has had one off game since coming back into first grade, he is still a good player.

Bring back Capewell !

teke
13-08-11, 10:02 PM
I must say I have seen enough of Henry to say I dont think he suits our team next year. I thought Rankin played alright to be honest, fairly dangerous from the back but I think he could be even more dangerous up in the line next to Prince.

Everyone drops easy ball every now and then. The best advice Rogers gave to Mead and Gordon was..."if you dont have to jump for the ball dont...I learnt the hard way in a Tri Nations match against South Africa where he dropped 5 in 1 game"

MightyTitans
13-08-11, 10:08 PM
I must admit henry just looked like a space cowboy on the field just seems like he is out of it for most of the game..

Smakked
13-08-11, 10:22 PM
Yep Henry hasn't show much either, no idea where we go from here, cant see us being much better next year if we don't have a good halves combo, could be another long year.

Toads
13-08-11, 11:11 PM
Who's the p***k that lit the grass fire near the stadium, a bit before kick-off tonight? Going by someone's recent trolling form here on the forum. I'd be putting my money on the AFL preacher that carries on like a woman scorned. :p

TITAN PETE
13-08-11, 11:16 PM
Rankin wasn't as bad as the arm chair coaches have stated, maybe u missed his run when he left half the Storm grabbing thin air .... He's a kid playing against possibly the best team in the comp at the moment, do u remember a bloke called Lockyer when he made his Test Debut & had a Shocker well that was about 350 games ago, get over it I think Rankin will do the job just fine in the coming years :thumbsup:

Very happy to see White bending the line & Matty Srama having a kick to set up a nice try :fist:

Didn't expect we'd get close to the Storm so bring on the Raiders

Rambo2211
13-08-11, 11:22 PM
Henry is soooooooo **** can we just play with Preston in every position haha least he has some attacking ability why can't we have a 5/8 that how's a bit of skill and backs them selves titans are never are chance without halves that don't run the ball to the line and back themselves wooden spoon here we come

Toads
13-08-11, 11:32 PM
I too did have my doubts about Rankin, after watching him choke on his first (or second) game back into the big league this year. But after seeing more of him, I do tend to side with what Pete 'n Ryan have mentioned. There are moments of brilliance from him, all he needs is more experience under his belt to come into his own. Come this time next year, I tend to think he'll silence a lot of doubters.

As for Henry.. I'm still scratchin' my head, trying to figure out all the hype that there was about him, when he first joined us. Maybe he has yet to come into his own as well?

SunnyCoastTitanFan
13-08-11, 11:49 PM
I think Rankin played quite alright, he will definitely improve in time, he made a few impressive line breaks, would work well as an impact player. Presto played well at half (as expected), and Matty Srama, what a great young player, he has to get more involved with the attacking game plan as he did tonight. 2 kicks for 2 tries :D. Other things to note, good effort from Michaels for setting up that line dropout, and a good chip and chase from Bull, well until it was snatched out of his hands (I was in s20 I saw the whole thing). Btw what was with the penalty in the first half when Billy Slater dropped the ball, we pounced on it and scored only for it to be pulled back?

Boofhead
13-08-11, 11:57 PM
Beau Henry
58m Played
18m Gain
6 Tackles
4 Missed
1 Error
1 Penalty

SunnyCoastTitanFan
14-08-11, 12:04 AM
Also I know it maybe innapropriate to be happy about an injury, but to see Justin O'Niell go down injured was great. Retribution I reckon as he was the one that injured Kevvy earlier this year.

Steelers
14-08-11, 12:20 AM
I'm new here, and I'm sure this isn't a good first post (I can hear the troll calls already...) but I think this belong here:

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?

Just in case.

:laugh:

Titanic
14-08-11, 12:29 AM
Just got home - didn't watch the game - will watch the replay - at least Parra lost.

DIEHARD
14-08-11, 03:15 AM
Well it's late as, wanted to make a comment before I pass out and get some sleep.

There was alot to like about our performance, Preston IMO was great and there was some impressive defensive efforts. Unfortunately the Storm were, unsurprisingly in a lethal frame of mind. They are just so dangerous and didn't show us too much respect with keeping the ball alive. Slater and Cronk were awesome.

Some more Magic from Mead tonight as well.

I'm so impressed with Srama tonight, he is really coming along. He is one of the real gems of 2011.

I still had a great night at the footy and really enjoyed catching up with everyone and enjoying the atmosphere. Great to see you again in the Legion Timor 2.

I really hope Cronk is ok, Storm to take the title and they need Cronk to do it.

Night all! And as Titanic said, at least Parra lost.

teke
14-08-11, 03:43 AM
Even though Storm were ruthless I was quite happy with the Teams effort.

Little Srama is becoming an established 1st Grader and I look forward to him developing more of his game. Some nice passes and linebreaks from Rankin over the last few weeks has showed us there is some elements to his game that would really suit the 5/8 spot.

The Titans attack is much better than it has been for most of the season but still a bit off a Good standard. The Defence is what it is with the amount of players missing but the errors and penalties just kill :nope:

Coaster
14-08-11, 10:21 AM
I guess that the difference between watching on TV and being at the game.
There was a large period of that second half I thought the boys were really having a good dig. Change the penalty just before half time from stripping to play on we go into the sheds at 16-12 instead they score and we go in 22-6 big change.

karnage
14-08-11, 01:30 PM
Not as bad as many games this year. I agree with people's wrap on White - he tried his guts out.

Perhaps my assessment of the game is biased because I got the footy double for the first time!! There's the membership for 2012 paid for!!

Still, as we walked home all we could dwell upon is the fact that we have no structured attack and are highly unlikely to have any come 2012. Unless we sort out the halves we have no hope next year. Look at the storm - an excellent 1,6,7,9 and the rest looks after itself.

We have an inexperienced but potential filled 9, an over the hill 7, noone to play 6 and a 1 that the coach refuses to play in position. That is the difference between a minor premiership and a wooden spoon right there.

DIEHARD
14-08-11, 06:18 PM
The game was certainly more close than the score showed.

DIEHARD
14-08-11, 06:56 PM
Titans hooker weathers the Storm
AAP

A key component of Melbourne Storm's game plan against the Gold Coast Titans focused on running big forwards at Matt Srama in the hope the pint-sized hooker would crumble in defence.

And while the Storm certainly did punch holes in the Titans' line as they ran away with a 40-16 victory at Skilled Park on Saturday night, the tough-as-teak Srama never cracked.

The 20-year-old rookie made a game-high 53 tackles in a stellar 80-minute performance in a losing side.

Advertisement: Story continues below "We wanted to run a bit of traffic at him because they (the Titans) didn't have another dummy-half on the bench," Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy revealed.

"He's a game player defensively and he's clever with the footy."

Storm skipper Cameron Smith, considered the best hooker in the game, was also glowing in his praise of the 82kg Srama, who was playing Toyota Cup when Melbourne smashed the Titans 40-12 in round two.

"He's a terrific young player," Smith said.

"He's very committed to his football and he always gets his body in front of blokes coming at him, no matter how big they are.

"We wanted to try and pick him out and tire him out but he just kept turning up and getting his job done."

Smith compared Srama to the man he replaced at the Titans - the injured Nathan Friend (shoulder). The Warriors-bound No.9 is renowned for his courageous defence and boundless energy.

"Obviously Friendy's more experienced but he's (Srama) a goer and he wants to be where the ball is," the Melbourne veteran said.

"He's a smart young kid. He's only had a handful of games but I'm sure with a bit more time on the park he'll get a bit better."

Smith then realised he may have been giving Srama too much of a wrap as he jokingly added: "I hope he doesn't get too much better - he might be looking at my spot in the Queensland team."

Titans coach John Cartwright was reluctant to make comparisons between Srama and Friend but said his rookie rake had been a shining light in the Titans' miserable season.

"On potential he could be anything and he's got the attitude to do it," Cartwright said about Srama, who has played just 11 NRL matches.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he got player of the year in both grades (NRL and Toyota Cup). It might be the first time ever."

eelectrica
14-08-11, 07:53 PM
High complements from the Storm on Srama. He's been one the stand outs and can only get better.

Mushi
14-08-11, 08:09 PM
The game was certainly more close than the score showed.

It most definitely was!!!!:)

Credit to Srama too for getting a great wrap from the Storm. He will only get better and better with more game time too!!!!!:thumbsup:

Even though we did lose the game last night, a full credit to those in the legion - an awesome atmosphere again and loved the chants when the injured storm player was getting seen to! The boys were right there and am sure were loving hearing all the support. So proud to be a legion member!!

Boonarga
14-08-11, 08:42 PM
Maybe we lost because we ran the wrong way in each half? Yeah, that must be it. First time ever running the opposite way. :D

TitansFan2020
14-08-11, 08:50 PM
I loved aluminium mans chants at slater. get you boots fixed after the game with a pen you wanker. I changed my mind do it now!

DIEHARD
14-08-11, 09:21 PM
Maybe we lost because we ran the wrong way in each half? Yeah, that must be it. First time ever running the opposite way. :D

Yea we won the toss but went the opposite way. We need to let Presto know to run towards the Legion and northern stand in the 2nd half. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
14-08-11, 09:22 PM
I loved aluminium mans chants at slater. get you boots fixed after the game with a pen you wanker. I changed my mind do it now!

The chants were an awesome highlight. More more much more please. :laugh:

Smakked
14-08-11, 10:38 PM
We should sign Srama for 5 years or more IMO, he is worth it easy

teke
14-08-11, 11:05 PM
We should sign Srama for 5 years or more IMO, he is worth it easyHe may well be but 2 to 3 yrs at a time is plenty. He might exceed everyones expectations but not be paid accordingly in the 3rd, 4th or 5th year of the contract.

Smakked
14-08-11, 11:30 PM
We signed Idris for 5 ??? have no idea why

teke
14-08-11, 11:41 PM
We signed Idris for 5 ??? have no idea whyI think there is great potential there but we will have to wait and see.

Ryan
15-08-11, 08:13 PM
Currently having a look at the courier mail fantasy league teams in my comp, and noticed Beau Henry scored -1 for his efforts Sat night :laugh: :?)