PDA

View Full Version : Cadel Evans

TITAN PETE
25-07-11, 03:29 PM
Brilliant effort from Cadel Evans with his win in the TDF & what could possibly be the Greatest Sporting Achievement from Australian individual in History :clap:

Ryan
25-07-11, 04:13 PM
Congrats to him :salute:

But I hope this doesn't influence more wannabe ****wits on their pushies taking to the road with their ****ter outfits & ignorant attitudes, causing more traffic congestion and accidents...... :mad:

Toads
25-07-11, 04:21 PM
Hmm, Mick Doohan's 5 World Championships, or Sir Jack Brabham's 3 World Championships would rate higher for me.

Though that's probably because I don't think much of Cadel Evan's, after seeing the other side of him previously, before rmaking a name for himself. But that aside, Congrats to him for his TDF win, been shooting for it long enough to make him a worthy winner.

TITAN PETE
25-07-11, 08:12 PM
Congrats to him :salute:

But I hope this doesn't influence more wannabe ****wits on their pushies taking to the road with their ****ter outfits & ignorant attitudes, causing more traffic congestion and accidents...... :mad:

Mate they have another name to people who pay Motor Vehicle Registrations & that's Speed Humps :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
25-07-11, 08:13 PM
Hmm, Mick Doohan's 5 World Championships, or Sir Jack Brabham's 3 World Championships would rate higher for me.

Though that's probably because I don't think much of Cadel Evan's, after seeing the other side of him previously, before rmaking a name for himself. But that aside, Congrats to him for his TDF win, been shooting for it long enough to make him a worthy winner.

For an Aussie to break a 108 year duck egg he is miles ahead in your comparisons ;)

Toads
25-07-11, 10:42 PM
For an Aussie to break a 108 year duck egg he is miles ahead in your comparisons ;)

Why has it taken that long?

Toads
26-07-11, 09:03 AM
Also Pete. I think you might be underestimating Sir Jack Brabham's achievements within his profession. For someone to design, build and race their way to 3 World Championships is something unique, and quite possibly unsurpassed. His revolutionary designs/engineering turned the F1 world on it's head, and they still use some of his basic principles today. The only unfortunate thing is, he's better known on the world stage, and yet barely raises a mention within our own country.

But hey, if you think Cadel's recent achievement of peddling around the French Countryside is miles ahead in comparisons. Good for you.. ;)