14 Sam Ross
15 Dylan Hartin
16 Jackson Springer
17 Sam Meskell
18 Nick Harold

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 12:48 AM
Danger game ahead for NYC Cowboys

The Gold Coast Titans? recent strong showing against the competition-leading NZ Warriors has put the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys? NYC squad in a wary mood ahead of tomorrow afternoon?s match at Skilled Park.

The last-placed Titans were level at 18-all with the Warriors in Auckland before two tries in the last 10 minutes made sure the impressive Kiwis gained the two points.

Cowboys coach Kristian Woolf has brought up that match in his preparations this week as his team tries to hold on to second position in the Toyota Cup, one win behind the Warriors.

?This is a real danger game for us,? Woolf said.

?I?ve watched a bit of the Titans over the past two days and they don?t look like a side that?s only won two games for the year.

?They?re a very enthusiastic side.

?Not only did they really push the Warriors, they did the same against the Broncos and were well in both games until the last 10 or 15 minutes.

?They?re certainly playing some pretty good footy at the moment and they?re probably overdue for a win.?

Woolf rates the visit to the Gold Coast as possibly the toughest road trip, outside of the one to New Zealand, that the Cowboys under-20s face each year.

They leave Townsville on a flight to Brisbane on game day morning and then have an hour-long bus trip to Skilled Park where they will complete their final pre-match preparations.

?We basically pull up at the field and get ready to play. It?s a very long day for the boys,? the coach said.

?It can be hard trip for young blokes to get their heads around.

?It?s just something that we?ve got to cope with.?

Woolf said the young Cowboys? focus remained on being consistent and building momentum towards the finals.

They have virtually secured a top-four spot with seven rounds remaining, but know they cannot slip up in games like the one on Saturday.

http://www.cowboys.com.au

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 08:53 AM
Rampaging Taumalolo breaking new ground for under-20s

COWBOYS under-20s powerhouse Jason Taumalolo created National Youth Cup history last week, chalking up the most metres by any forward in the competition's history.

Taumalolo notched 304m from 28 runs to record the fourth-highest metres achieved by any NYC player in a single game. And the three players ahead of him in the record book were all playing in the wide open spaces of centre, wing or fullback.

To put Taumalolo's effort into context, a front-rower is thought to have had a good game if he makes about 120m.

Taumalolo and his fellow big men literally ran over the West Tigers last week in leading the Cowboys to a 32-18 victory, with teammates John Koko (155m) and Tennyson Elliot (127m) also doing their part to put the Tigers on the back foot.

"Jason always churns out big metres for us, he probably got a little bit more involvement last week through what we were trying to do," Cowboys coach Kristian Woolf said.

The Cowboys clash with the Gold Coast Titans this afternoon in what Woolf calls a danger game for his in-form team, which sits just one win from NYC frontrunners the Warriors

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au

isaiah
23-07-11, 02:32 PM
6-6 early, have zero chance of winning, lol

isaiah
23-07-11, 02:53 PM
12 all just before ht, good luck

isaiah
23-07-11, 03:22 PM
2 trys early in the second half, gooooone

isaiah
23-07-11, 03:30 PM
rankin scores, can they do it?

CairnsTitan
23-07-11, 03:44 PM
lol jesus there gonna win

isaiah
23-07-11, 03:53 PM
great win, how bad was gadd for the cows?

shamus
24-07-11, 10:08 AM
6-6 early, have zero chance of winning, lol

going.....

12 all just before ht, good luck

going....

2 trys early in the second half, gooooone[/Q UOTE]

evidently gone......

[QUOTE=isaiah;288211]rankin scores, can they do it?

back again......

great win, how bad was gadd for the cows?

Oh...great win now was it! Please go away!

shamus
24-07-11, 10:10 AM
I am spewing. Yesterday morning I saw the Titans 20's were paying ridiculous dollars but I didn't back 'em. :mad:

C-Whiz
24-07-11, 10:14 AM
I am spewing. Yesterday morning I saw the Titans 20's were paying ridiculous dollars but I didn't back 'em. :mad:What were they at?

22-20, 8 mins to go, you've been defending hard, goal line drop out... what do you do? Put it as deep as possible and chase hard?

Well, someone decided try a short onside kick from their goal line!! :doh:
WTF? what sort of low percentage idiot play is that? I wonder who's call that was?

They did well to hold the Cows out, but it was a STOOOPID idea!

Anyway, great effort, and well done lads. :thumbsup:

shamus
24-07-11, 10:29 AM
What were they at? :thumbsup:

I cannot recall but I think it was $4.80.

Titan Dad
25-07-11, 07:40 AM
A fantastic team effort from 1 through to 17, Saville was fantastic in the second row. Great defensive effort across the park. The boys outmuscled and were very patient throughout the game. As I said early on in the year this side could spoil a lot of teams finals aspirations. Cowboys beaten soundly, now keep the effort up boys and the results like that one will follow.
We are very proud of the game you played.

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 08:57 AM
Delighted and proud to see the boys score a great win on Saturday. Well done.

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 10:36 AM
U-20s suffer surprise setback

A LACK of respect for the National Youth Cup cellar dwellers has consigned the North Queensland Cowboys Under-20s to their fifth loss of the 2011 season.

Cowboys coach Kristian Woolf admitted yesterday his players simply didn't give due credit to the Gold Coast Titans, who downed the young Cowboys 30-20 at Skilled Park on Saturday night.

It was the first loss in five weeks for the Cowboys, who now slip to fourth on the NYC table after previously sitting just one place behind the ladder-leading New Zealand Warriors.

Woolf said the Titans took full advantage of his team's below-par approach to the game.

"They (the Titans) didn't look like the side that's coming last and I guess we didn't show them enough respect and we paid the price," Woolf said.

"Any side is strong enough to beat the other, they're all good sides and you need to show up every week.

"They've been playing some decent footy and they certainly played enthusiastically yesterday and they played some good footy.

"I was really disappointed with our performance, it is a hard road trip going down there on the day of the game but it's no excuse - we weren't disciplined and we didn't play as well as we can so there's no excuses at all."

The Cowboys started the game on the right foot when five-eighth Michael Parker-Walshe opened the scoring with a try after four minutes, and although the Titans replied soon afterwards through Hymel Hunt, NQ soon regained the lead when Zac Santo latched onto Wayne Ulugia's one-handed offload and dived over in the corner.

The teams went to halftime at 12-all after Titan Alec Jones ran 35m untouched towards the Cowboys line on the back of a NQ error.

Another win looked likely for the Cowboys shortly after the break when Kyle Feldt and Chris Grevsmuhl posted a brace of unanswered tries to take NQ ahead 20-12, but three tries to the Titans in the final 20 minutes earned the home side their third win of the year.

"I think we were just guilty of trying to come up with the big plays too often and being really ill-disciplined and impatient with the footy," Woolf said.

"I don't think we were anywhere near committed enough with our defence.

"Defence has been a strong point for us for the majority of the year but we were breaking rules and we certainly didn't muscle up."

The Cowboys will now prepare for next week's clash with Penrith, who Woolf said would overwhelm his team with ease should they repeat Saturday night's efforts.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/

isaiah
31-07-11, 10:30 AM
going.....

going....

[QUOTE=isaiah;288210]2 trys early in the second half, gooooone[/Q UOTE]

evidently gone......

back again......

Oh...great win now was it! Please go away!

not going anywhere because you want me to. was a good win and they were no chance of winning on exposed form. but can they string 2 wins together?