PDA

View Full Version : Round 20: Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys

DIEHARD
17-07-11, 04:55 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys

Saturday 23 July 2011 - Skilled Park, Gold Coast

DIEHARD
17-07-11, 04:59 AM
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO TITANS vs COWBOYS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT2011)

Boofhead
17-07-11, 12:13 PM
Surely... Surely... We will be competitive in this game?

If Bowen plays half as good as he did against the Tigers, we probably won't be.

teke
17-07-11, 12:20 PM
Surely Prince wont be stupid enough to keep kicking the ball down Bowens throat like the Tigers did. He carved em up on the kick returns. I would be aiming the kicks at Ash Graham.

Titans will win this week. It's the 1st time in a long time Im picking them.

GoldCoastTitans100
17-07-11, 03:53 PM
1. William Zillman
2. Shannon Walker
3. Joseph Tomane
4. marshall chalk
5. David Mead
6. Luke Capewell
7. Brad Davis
8. Luke Bailey (C)
9. Matt Srama
10. Bodene Thompson
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Greg Bird
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Michael Henderson
15. Ben Ridge
16. Anthony Laffranchi
17. Preston Campbell

If Walker is still injured

1. William Zillman
2. Dominique Peyroux
3. marshall chalk
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead

Boofhead
17-07-11, 04:14 PM
1. William Zillman
2. Shannon Walker
3. Joseph Tomane
4. marshall chalk
5. David Mead
6. Luke Capewell
7. Brad Davis
8. Luke Bailey (C)
9. Matt Srama
10. Bodene Thompson
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Greg Bird
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Michael Henderson
15. Ben Ridge
16. Anthony Laffranchi
17. Preston Campbell

If Walker is still injured

1. William Zillman
2. Dominique Peyroux
3. marshall chalk
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2009/09/24/1225779/028226-phil-gould.jpg

NO NO NO NO NO!

GoldCoastTitans100
17-07-11, 05:00 PM

NO NO NO NO NO!

haha, nice :)
Can't be any worse then the team we pick now and i think this team would be alright tbh.

Tamwelg
17-07-11, 05:58 PM
haha, nice :)
Can't be any worse then the team we pick now and i think this team would be alright tbh.

Hmmm well I can guarantee one thing, we will never know the answer to that.

Mushi
17-07-11, 06:06 PM

NO NO NO NO NO!

:laugh: Love it!!!!!!

I am def not a fan of that team listed, sorry! But wouldn't mind seeing Michaels back to the centres ( think he is so much better there) and bringing either Walker (if not injured) or even putting Zilly or Q cup winger in and also giving Beau Henry a run in the halves and Presto on the bench to cover the halves if needed. Am happy to give Capewell another run at full back or move Zilly back there if another winger is in. Just my 2 cents worth anyway :) Will find out on Tuesday I suppose!!!

GoldCoastTitans100
17-07-11, 06:26 PM
Hmmm well I can guarantee one thing, we will never know the answer to that.

Yes that is true, all i can do is chuck ideas around.

Carty will keep on picking the same team until next season, a good coach doesn't give up when the team plays like sh!t.

I still don't like the fact we signed new players without giving others a fair chance.

GoldCoastTitans100
17-07-11, 06:31 PM
:laugh: Love it!!!!!!

I am def not a fan of that team listed, sorry! But wouldn't mind seeing Michaels back to the centres ( think he is so much better there) and bringing either Walker (if not injured) or even putting Zilly or Q cup winger in and also giving Beau Henry a run in the halves and Presto on the bench to cover the halves if needed. Am happy to give Capewell another run at full back or move Zilly back there if another winger is in. Just my 2 cents worth anyway :) Will find out on Tuesday I suppose!!!

Michaels needs some time in the QLD cup and Beau Henry needs to improve dramatically to be in the NRL.

I agree about Capewell but he should be in the halves since Zillman is our best FB.

patskE
17-07-11, 10:39 PM
tbh we should move zillman back to fullback, unless we give mead or walker a run back there. just a safe option atm and bring in a real half to help prince out.
if harrison is out, put ridge in a 13 to tackle tackle tackle!

1. zillman
2. mead
3. micheals
4. tonga/tomane
5. tomane/tonga/young bloke coming through
6. herny/campbell - if herny is fit, i cant see why we shouldnt play him giving how we are going...
7. prince
8. bull
9. sarma
10. boof
11. thompson
12. bird
13. ridge
14. mini
15. white
16. lawance
17. matthews/campbell

Surfers6
18-07-11, 11:41 AM
I wish Carty would do a fans 17 for a bit of fun.
The season is lost now it could be run as a competion with the most acurate or inventive team list that Carty is happy to put on the field wins...
I think i have seen another sport maybe where the fans pick the squad based on a weekly poll. It is certainly one way to get the fans interested.

If it was this week, I would go.

1 Zillman
2 Tonga
3 Peyroux
4 Mead
5 Walker
6 Prince
7 Capewell
8 Bailey
9 Srama
10 Laffranchi
11 Thompson
12 Bird
13 Ridge

14 White
15 Lawrence
16 Minichello
17 Lawton

18 Campbell

Titanic
18-07-11, 01:47 PM
I quite like that team but is Vickery no good instead of Tonga?

Surfers6
18-07-11, 02:20 PM
I quite like that team but is Vickery no good instead of Tonga?

Either on the wing would be good. Vickorys height is an advantage.

teke
19-07-11, 12:40 AM
Titans 26 Cowboys 14 :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
19-07-11, 02:49 AM
Get back to that winning feeling - Bowen

Inspirational Toyota Cowboys fullback Matthew Bowen says hard work at training is what will help North Queensland get back on track for the NRL round 20 clash with the Gold Coast Titans this weekend.

The Cowboys slipped to fifth place with their 38-18 loss to the Wests Tigers on Saturday night and know they will come up against a Titans side eager to get off the bottom of the ladder.

Bowen said there were aspects of his team’s attack and defence that would need to be addressed in training this week, and that they should not expect an easy time at Skilled Park even though the Coast has been struggling for most of the season.

“We’ve just got to work hard this week and look forward to the Titans this weekend,” said Bowen, who was the Cowboys’ best player in their first home defeat since round two.

“We’ve got a job to do and I’m sure we’ll be up for it.

“We can’t take into consideration that they’re struggling at the moment.

“They’ve got players that can hurt you all over the park.

“It showed at the weekend. The Tigers weren’t travelling that well but we gave them too much ball and they got some points.”

There was a sombre mood in the Cowboys’ dressing rooms following the loss and Sunday morning’s recovery session was also much quieter than usual.

North Queensland will get a lift from the likely return of co-captain Matthew Scott from a back complaint, while forward Scott Bolton should also be available for selection after overcoming his second calf injury of the season.

“We’ve just got to keep that feeling that we felt at the weekend and take it into this Saturday,” Bowen said.

“We hate feeling like that. Every team loves the feeling of coming off the field with the two points and having a laugh around.”

http://www.cowboys.com.au/

amaline
19-07-11, 12:29 PM
1. Luke Capewell
2. Steve Michaels
3. William Zillman
4. Clinton Toopi
5. David Mead
6. Beau Henry
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Matt Srama
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Greg Bird
Interchange: 14. Matt White 15. Brenton Lawrence 16. Luke O'Dwyer 17. Preston Campbell

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=team

Interesting lineup. Looking forward to see how Beau Henry goes.

titansrawesome
19-07-11, 12:48 PM
1. Luke Capewell
2. Steve Michaels
3. William Zillman
4. Clinton Toopi
5. David Mead
6. Beau Henry
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Matt Srama
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Greg Bird
Interchange: 14. Matt White 15. Brenton Lawrence 16. Luke O'Dwyer 17. Preston Campbell

zilly will go good at centre, not sure why tomane or tonga aren't there

Dopamine
19-07-11, 12:48 PM
Depending on how Henry goes thats a pretty good looking side... Maybe except Micheals

Rambo2211
19-07-11, 12:54 PM
I don't understand cartright and how he thinks???? Henry sets 1 try up in a team that gets flogged yet Davis and Lawton set at least 3 a game up between them and yet they dont get a run???? Prince is lucky to set one up either. Good to see he finally stuck with Capewell he is an awesome support player hope we have someone decent enough to pass it to him though

Tamwelg
19-07-11, 01:38 PM
Question for everyone:

If Henry is fit to play and lines up at 5/8 where does Zilly play and who drops out of the team?

My answer:

1 Luke Capewell
2 Steve Michaels
3 Clinton Toopi
4 William Zillman
5 David Mead
6 Beau Henry
7 Scott Prince (c)
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Anthony Laffranchi
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew White
15 Brenton Lawrence
16 Luke O'Dwyer
17 Bodene Thompson

1. Luke Capewell
2. Steve Michaels
3. William Zillman
4. Clinton Toopi
5. David Mead
6. Beau Henry
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Matt Srama
10. Anthony Laffranchi
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Greg Bird

Take away Ash because of injury and bring in Presto and I was on the money :)

Surfers6
19-07-11, 02:01 PM
Zillman will be named at lock next week......

His best position is fullback, why dont we play hime there.
Interesting line up and Zilly in the centre could be a master stroke.....................could be??????

TitansFan2020
19-07-11, 02:05 PM
best line up in 19 weeks

Coaster
19-07-11, 02:10 PM
LEGION TALK PODCAST IS UP

Dont miss this one guys, special guest host Kevin Gordon..

Have a listen here (http://www.titanslegion.com/LegionTalk/TitansR20_2011.mp3)

Tell me what you think.

TITAN PETE
19-07-11, 03:22 PM
Jones in tough Cowboys gig for NRL return

Wayne Heming AAP Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 3:26 PM

Former Sydney Rooster Ben Jones gets another chance to impress in the NRL after being thrust into injured Johnathan Thurston's halfback role for North Queensland against Gold Coast on Saturday.

Coach Neil Henry reacted to last weekend's home loss to Wests Tigers by relegating youngster Michael Morgan to the Mackay Cutters and promoting 21-year-old Jones, who was discovered by Arthur Beetson and played in the Indigenous All Stars game earlier this year.

Jones faces a tough start, up against seasoned Titans halfback and skipper Scott Prince.

"He's been thrown in the deep end," said Thurston, who'll make the trip to Skilled Stadium to help prepare the halves and support the side as he recovers from the knee injury suffered in Queensland's Origin series-clinching victory.

Medical staff have informed Thurston he won't get back onto the field until the week before the finals.

He had been hoping he could defy medical opinion by making it back from his injury in four weeks but has now accepted it'll probably take longer.

"It was a pretty ugly incident and heading towards the finals I don't want to come back earlier than expected and do more damage," Thurston said on Tuesday.

"It's still on target for a six week return. There's good days and bad days, it's slow but it's alright.

"Some days I wake up and it seems a long way away and some days I wake up it feels pretty good."

The Titans will have their own promising 21-year-old in the halves with former Toyota Cup player of the year Beau Henry named at five-eighth for his keenly-awaited NRL debut for the club, having played six games for the Newcastle earlier this season before being released.

Injuries to lock Ashley Harrison (elbow) and prop Michael Henderson (broken finger) forced coach John Cartwright to shuffle his line-up with William Zillman going to the centres and Bodene Thompson named in the back row.

Cartwright was excited about seeing what Henry had to offer.

"We brought him here to play five-eighth outside Scotty Prince so we'll see how he goes this week, said Cartwright.

"We haven't been able to settle on a five-eighth this year since Matty (Rogers) retired and that's why he was primarily brought here.

"He's had a bit of a chequered year with injury but he's a pretty fit young fellow and we want to see how that combination works.

"He's very skilful, he's still carrying the effects of the ankle operation he had earlier in the year and he's going to need another post season.

"But there's no further damage that can be done to his ankle and he's keen and is confident he can get through the 80 minutes."

Titan Dad
19-07-11, 03:31 PM
Titan Pete, Do you know if Lawrence is injured. Rumour has it he was injured last week and is in a boot. SH'T. We need this bloke. Can you enlighten me on this

GoldCoastTitans100
19-07-11, 03:33 PM
We will struggle, that's all i can say after looking at that lineup.

Titanic
19-07-11, 03:36 PM
Take away Ash because of injury and bring in Presto and I was on the money

Doesn't count, you have to be able to predict that, you only get an A-.

Tamwelg
19-07-11, 03:39 PM
Doesn't count, you have to be able to predict that, you only get an A-.

Or c'mon :D that's a gimme.

Tamwelg
19-07-11, 03:40 PM
Titan Pete, Do you know if Lawrence is injured. Rumour has it he was injured last week and is in a boot. SH'T. We need this bloke. Can you enlighten me on this

Warmed up with the team last weas 18th man.

Chaos
19-07-11, 06:29 PM
Interesting line up this week...as good as Harrison is...his injury has opened an opportunity for Carty to put a half in at 5/8.

Capewell fullback
Zillman's running game should go well at centre...hope he marks up well in defense.
Thompson back in the forwards suits his game

But the one everyone will be watching is Henry at 5/8...he doesn't have to shine...the success of his outside backs will show his game.

Supergoose
19-07-11, 08:41 PM
Tough assignment for Zillman at centre vs Tate or Tonga both internationals in their prime. This is probably as exciting a team announcement as we've had since round 1. I'd love to see Tomane instead of Michaels and Tonga instead of Toopi but let's get it on. Hope we can go well this game but our backrow is going to have it's work cut out against what is an awesome backrow for the Cowboys and the frontrow are no slouches either. Our backs are going to need to fire as we won't win the forward battle, the best we can hope for is to come out level.

Smakked
19-07-11, 09:22 PM
Thats a good looking lineup i reckon, i can see a win this weekend

teke
19-07-11, 11:51 PM
You will be lucky to see either Tonga or Tomane play another 1st grade game in Titan colours. They are being overlooked for good reasons

karnage
20-07-11, 05:16 AM
You will be lucky to see either Tonga or Tomane play another 1st grade game in Titan colours. They are being overlooked for good reasons

I have been told that of Tonga.

I like the look of this team, hard to be too critical. We just need a win...

Bayside Titan
20-07-11, 06:29 AM
At least Carty is going to experiment with the backs. Good to see that Bodene is in the forwards and Henry gets a shot at 5/8. Looks like O'dwyer is going to be the utility going forward.

Coaster
20-07-11, 08:04 AM
VIDEO Podcast is up

Fan Show for the Fans
Dont miss this one, KiloGram (aka Kevin Gordon) is special Guest Co-Host.

Watch it on youTube here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JLfmAL4Bzrw)

DIEHARD
20-07-11, 08:27 AM
I'm so excited about this Saturday's game. It feels like an eternity since I've been to Skilled Park. I missed my first home game against the Sharks because of my brother's Buck's Party.

Thurston being out heightens my enthusiasm. He is a devastating player in the mold of Andrew Johns, who can single handedly lift a side and put the opposition away.

Hopefully Tate is still rusty. And the Zillman experiment in centre will be interesting. #1 is surely his best position but Im sure he will do us proud. Just remember to pass.

Looking forward to Beau Henry's debut. I really would enjoy him firing before we play the Knights in weeks to come.

The most pleasing development is that we are experimenting. Something we have done too little of.

I'm a big Thompson fan and his move back into the forwards is a win. He belongs there.

Make sure you come to the game, we need you Titans fans. There will be many more successful years ahead so don't lose faith. But let us remember how this feels. The players and supporters should always remember and use it as motivation and to always contrast it with our future success. So we enjoy how privileged and sweet success in the NRL really is.

Go Titans

curly_11
20-07-11, 08:58 AM
They might actually get a win this week. Main reason being that Henderson is not in the team!!!

Do feel some of the tweed boy that have been carving it up!

This weeks team looks good and competitive considering injuries...

Mushi
20-07-11, 03:59 PM
Looking forward to getting back to skilled this weekend too - it feels like ages since we were there!!!!!! Am excited to see some changes in the team, yeah some through injury I know but figure our current position on the table it can't really hurt to experiment!!!! Have hardly had a voice since last Thursday afternoon, but it seems to be making an appearance again today so should be right as rain and ready to cheer come Sat arvo!!!!!!

Smakked
20-07-11, 04:34 PM
Heard on the radio Carty hinting he is going to give henry a go a 5/8 for the rest of the season, hope he goes well.

eelectrica
20-07-11, 04:46 PM
Looking forward to seeing how the changes affect the team. Should inject some enthusiasm. I think we can win this one for some reason.

Not sure about Zillman at Centre, but I guess we'll know soon enough!

hammer
20-07-11, 05:17 PM
IMO Zillman is closer to being a centre than being a 5/8! Just saying!

TITAN PETE
20-07-11, 05:56 PM
VIDEO Podcast is up

Fan Show for the Fans
Dont miss this one, KiloGram (aka Kevin Gordon) is special Guest Co-Host.

Watch it on youTube here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JLfmAL4Bzrw)

Loved it mate & the new song is very cool :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
20-07-11, 05:58 PM

Don't know anything about the Boot but BJ did get Man of the Match for Burleigh last week & will be on the Bench come Saturday night & hopefully can sort Matt Scott out ;)

doc
20-07-11, 08:07 PM
imo preston and zillman should swap places because preston is more likely to pass ans zillman is a #1

Tamwelg
20-07-11, 08:45 PM
imo preston and zillman should swap places because preston is more likely to pass ans zillman is a #1

SO you'd have Presto in the centres and Zilly on the bench?

teke
21-07-11, 01:06 AM
IMO Zillman is closer to being a centre than being a 5/8! Just saying!I could agree with this.

I wonder if Zilly will line up on the right and leave Toops at left this weekend

gotitans101
21-07-11, 06:39 AM
Why does Toops continue to be selected week after week?

YES Tonga & Tomane are off at the end of the year but rewarding Toopi with more match time after the way he's been playing is a dead set joke. He offers nothing in attack and always looks tired in defense.

doc
21-07-11, 06:56 AM
Why does Toops continue to be selected week after week?

YES Tonga & Tomane are off at the end of the year but rewarding Toopi with more match time after the way he's been playing is a dead set joke. He offers nothing in attack and always looks tired in defense.

tottally agree at times this year he has made steve micheals look like he cant defend through toops mistake

DIEHARD
21-07-11, 07:29 AM
Thompson flexible on halves pairing

It may be a new halves combination for the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys, but the duo of Ray Thompson and Ben Jones are no strangers on the field.

The two 21-year-olds will team up as No.6 and No.7 for the first time in an NRL game for the Cowboys against the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday evening, emulating what they did as younger footballers.

Thompson said today he would feel pretty comfortable with Jones as his new halves partner with usual halfback Johnathan Thurston continuing the rehabilitation program on his knee injury.

“I played with Jonesy all through juniors so I’m pretty excited about getting to play with him now,” Thompson said today.

“We did a few junior camps together, played a bit of QAS and some rep footy together.

“We’ve still got a bit to work on during the week so hopefully we can pull it together on the weekend.

“I was comfortable with Mick (Morgan) and I’m comfortable with whoever plays there.

“It’s whether we turn up (to play) or not. It was pretty disappointing on the weekend so hopefully we can turn it around.”

Thompson, who has played in every Cowboys match so far this season to take his career total to 22 games, said having a new No.7 alongside him shouldn’t affect the way he plays his game.

“My job pretty much remains the same no matter whoever’s in the halves,” he said.

“I’ve just got to talk more and demand the footy.”

Fullback Matthew Bowen has taken on a more active role in the Cowboys’ attacking game with Thurston absent, stepping into the first receiver role more than he normally does when the champion halfback is present.

He was NQ’s most dangerous player against the Tigers and is setting a standard Thompson is keen to follow.

“He’s a senior player so he’s probably taken it upon himself to step up and be a game changer,” he said.

“It’s just up to me and Jonesy to follow him.”

The Cowboys will hold an opposed training session against the club’s NYC team on Wednesday afternoon.

http://www.cowboys.com.au/

DIEHARD
21-07-11, 07:30 AM
Newcastle's Beau Henry makes moves to Gold Coast Titans

BEAU Henry is backing himself to be Scott Prince's long-term scrumbase partner after walking away from a $100,000-plus contract at Newcastle to cement his NRL future at the Titans.

A mid-season transfer to the Gold Coast, Henry gets the chance to prove his bona fides as a first-grade playmaker when he makes his Titans debut in the No.6 jumper against the Cowboys on Saturday night at Skilled Park.

The five-eighth role has been one of the club's most problematic positions, with coach John Cartwright testing eight players outside Prince since the Titans' entry to the NRL in 2007.

Henry is hoping his decision to rescind a three-year deal at the Knights pays dividends. The 21-year-old has been part of the Titans' set-up for six weeks and has impressed the club's senior core with his playmaking nous.

"We're hoping Beau can step up," veteran hooker Nathan Friend said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
21-07-11, 07:56 AM
Zillman Enhances His Reputation as 'Mr Versatile'
Adam Gardini

Jetstar Titans utility William Zillman is set to further enhance his reputation as ?Mr Versatile? when he shifts to the centres for Saturday night?s clash against the North Queensland Cowboys at Skilled Park.

With former Newcastle Knights playmaker Beau Henry being given a chance to show his wares at five-eighth this weekend, Zillman has been shifted from the No.6 jersey to the centres in a new-look backline to take on the in-form Cowboys.

While he hasn?t played there since his younger days for the Canberra Raiders, Zillman said his recent experience playing everywhere in the backline from fullback and wing to the halves would benefit him on Saturday night.

?It?s a bit different for me ? I haven?t played much in the centres but I?m looking forward to the challenge,?? said Zillman, who is set to mark up against either Willie Tonga or Brent Tate.

?I?ve sort of moved around the backline a little bit now so it doesn?t bother me too much and hopefully I can get the job done out there.

?I think I played there in the Junior Kangaroos when I was 19 and I had one or two games there when I was down in Canberra.

?Defensively I think I?ll be pretty comfortable having played a handful of games this year at five-eighth. It?s not too much different, it?s just moved out one.

?Defensively I should be alright and in attack, hopefully I can give an option out there and even come in and look for the ball. If I?m playing first grade I?m happy to play anywhere.??

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright paid Zillman the ultimate compliment by describing him as ?the ultimate team player? and said his move to the centres was more out of necessity to accommodate both Henry and Luke Capewell, who has been given a chance to show his wares at fullback.

?It?s a tough one for Zilly but he is the ultimate team player,?? said Cartwright.

?We just feel Capewell deserves a little bit more time back there.

?We are having trouble scoring tries so we are trying to get our best attacking players out there and it so happens this week that Zilly will be playing in the centres.??

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
21-07-11, 09:11 AM
Titans v Cowboys
Skilled Park Saturday 5.30pm

Having failed to make a dent in their south-east Queensland neighbours the Broncos last week the struggling Titans now regroup and focus on inflicting some pain on top-four aspirants the Cowboys at home on Saturday night.

Their latest defeat was their fourth in a row and leaves them rooted to the bottom of the NRL ladder with just four wins to their credit; they now face a massive battle to offload the wooden spoon to the Raiders or Roosters who each sit two competition points higher than them.

Still, captain Scott Prince will be determined his 100th appearance for the Titans (153 NRL games overall) will be a celebration rather than yet another of the weekly wakes that have been so common in 2011. With Johnathan Thurston still sidelined Prince will relish the chance to dominate the ruck.

It’s a crunch game for the Cowboys; they’ve lost touch with the top four but will be desperate for the two competition points here which would see them back in the mix for a home semi-final should the Storm take down the Broncos on Friday night.

Titans’ lock Ashley Harrison’s elbow injury has allowed John Cartwright to introduce mid-season signing Beau Henry to the squad. In a significant reshuffle, second-rower Greg Bird shifts to lock, with centre Bodene Thompson moving to the second row. Regular five-eighth William Zillman moves to centre for Thompson and Henry suits up in the No.6. Brenton Lawrence takes Michael Henderson’s spot on the bench.

Meanwhile Cowboys’ coach Neil Henry has decided to shield under-20s halfback Michael Morgan from the pressures of filling in for Johnathan Thurston, opting for Ben Jones in the No.7 instead. Morgan was found out defensively in the Cowboys’ home loss to the Wests Tigers last week; Henry’s call is probably a sensible one for the long term.

Elsewhere captain Matthew Scott returns at prop, pushing James Tamou to the bench, while Joel Riethmuller returns to an extended interchange of 20.

Worryingly the Titans have lost their past four games at Skilled Park, conceding an average 27.3 points – up on their season average of 23.9 points conceded.

Watch Out Titans: While the Cowboys have scored a massive 38 tries down the left side of the field (second most in the comp) compared to just 22 on the right, it’s likely they’ll target the Titans’ right side here – especially given the Titans are the weakest of all NRL sides on that edge, having leaked 30 tries.

In any event the Cowboys will look to shift it wide and often – of the 16 wing partnerships in the NRL (total 32 players) Titan David Mead misses the most tackles by any winger (31) while Michaels misses the 10th most (20).

In the centres, Willie Tonga has scored five tries in four games against the Gold Coast side.

Danger Sign: When he’s not chiming into the backline inside the Titans’ red zone looking to link with wingers Kalifa Faifai Loa and Ashley Graham, Cowboys’ fullback Matthew Bowen may look to spark some long-distance raids – the Cowboys have scored the second-most tries from over halfway (10) while the Titans have conceded the most from this distance (10).

Watch Out Cowboys: Greg Bird loves a challenge – against the Broncos last week he pounded out 20 hit-ups for 153 metres, with five tackle-breaks and two offloads. He also toiled hard in defence, making 32 tackles.

Perhaps the Titans’ best chances of points will come from high balls out wide – the Cowboys’ wingers remain the shakiest under cross-field bombs, safely defusing just 32 per cent of kicks.

Danger Sign: If Scott Prince gets his radar right and the home side can get some cheap points from cross-field bombs early in the contest it could just give the Titans some confidence and see them play a notch or two above their current disappointing standard.

Plays To Watch: Greg Bird and Luke Bailey taking it to the Cowboys; Quick shifts to David Mead and Steve Michaels (both scored last week); Scott Prince’s array of attacking kicks; Matthew Bowen’s dazzling acceleration; Brent Tate and Willie Tonga breaking through on the fringes; Tariq Sims’ take-no-prisoners charges and crunching tackles; Aaron Payne having a go from close range (the Titans have conceded four tries from dummy-half).

Where It Will Be Won: Through powerful attack. This game appears a glaring mismatch given the Cowboys are the league co-leaders for line-breaks and tackle-breaks (4.8 and 40.9 a game respectively) while the Titans are the worst in the NRL in those categories, tallying just 2.9 and 27.2 a game.

Take Titans wingers David Mead and Steve Michaels out of the equation (nine line-breaks each) and only William Zillman (six) has made more than five incisions. Meanwhile the Cowboys boast strike-power in Ashley Graham (10), Matthew Bowen (eight), Tariq Sims and Kalifa Faifai Loa (seven each), as well as Willie Tonga, Gavin Cooper and Ray Thompson (five apiece). And, of course, the sidelined Thurston has made 10.

The History: Played 8; Titans 4, Cowboys 4. The Cowboys have won three of the past four including a 22-12 victory in Townsville in Round 5. The Titans hold a 2-1 advantage in games at Skilled Park.

Conclusion: This is a danger game for the Cowboys. The Titans have nothing to lose and should show desperation over the coming weeks as they bid to stave off the wooden spoon.

Meanwhile, although their position in the semi-finals would seem assured the Cowboys can’t afford complacency or they’ll find themselves out of the running for a home semi-final. That would leave them exposed to a possible first-week exit – just ask the Warriors how they felt about that last year.

The Cowboys were soundly beaten last week but even in defeat they showed enough to suggest they should still be too strong for the Titans. Cowboys by 10 points.

Match Officials: Referees – Jared Maxwell & Henry Perenara; Sideline Officials – Adam Reid & Clayton Sharpe; Video Ref – Phil Cooley.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 5.30pm.

* Stats: NRL Stats

http://www.nrl.com

Ryan
21-07-11, 10:22 AM
I like the line-up, lots of youth and possible combinations for next year and a very strong forward pack. I hope Henry & Capewell gell well with the team over the next few weeks and make the positions their own, Zillman in the centers could prove to be a master stroke. Just gotta keep the errors, penalties and missed tackle counts down!

karnage
21-07-11, 11:37 AM
I like the line-up, lots of youth and possible combinations for next year and a very strong forward pack. I hope Henry & Capewell gell well with the team over the next few weeks and make the positions their own, Zillman in the centers could prove to be a master stroke. Just gotta keep the errors, penalties and missed tackle counts down!

Exactly.:thumbsup:

There must be something wrong with me... I really think we'll win this one.

eelectrica
21-07-11, 06:40 PM
I've picked the Titans this week too. I can't even remember the last time I did that. For some reason I think we can do it.
Yes Thurston being out is part of the reason, but at least Carty is trying different things to provide the team with some spark.

DIEHARD
22-07-11, 07:36 AM
PRINCE: Home games wins a must
Scott Prince

COWBOYS, Storm, Raiders, Eels.

They are hurdles we must overcome between now and the end of the 2011 season.

Each of these games should present a personal challenge to every Titans player.

In a year that has bought more frustration than success, these four teams present each of us with a reason to finish the season with some pride intact.

These four teams are our opponents for the remaining home games of 2011.

We must win them all.

I believe we can win all of our away games as well but it is at home where we must draw a line in the sand.

We owe that to our fans, our coaching staff, our entire club and also to ourselves.

We can continue to rake over the coals of disaster of this season -- and that has to be done to find answers for 2012.

However, the time to make a change is tomorrow night against North Queensland. We have to start a roll and it's is fitting that roll should start at our magnificent home ground.

There is no better feeling than playing at Skilled Park. The support from the fans there certainly lifts us.

It is great to finish a game with a win and then walk around and thank the fans, especially the die-hard Titans legion at the northern end.

We may have faltered this year but every game I have played at Skilled I have gone in with extra confidence.

It will be the same tomorrow night and for the remaining home games.

While each of these four games presents as a tough assignment, some may suggest that the Storm game can be placed in the too-hard basket.

As far as I am concerned, this is the game that I want to win the most.

I want to prove to the world that the Titans are a quality side who can match it with the best in the competition. There is not one team in this competition that I fear.

The Storm gave us a touch-up when we met earlier this year and I want to return the favour.

I am as convinced as ever that we have the players and the commitment to be far higher up the table than where we currently are.

But talk is cheap. The finals may now be just a dream but there is still every reason to prove to our fans that we still wear this city's colours with pride.

We did that during the first half against the Broncos last Friday night. We played tough, disciplined football for the first 40 minutes.

For that period we showed the real Titans.

But 40 minutes isn't full-time and we performed poorly in the second half.

In hindsight the signs were there at half-time. Experience has told me that back-slapping and a loud dressing room isn't always a good thing.

Often the cheers and shouts mask deep-seated doubts. I have found that often a quiet dressing room, especially at half-time, is a sign that a team is self-assured and focused on the job ahead.

Our dressing room was boisterous, the boys were definitely fired up but were we trying to drown out any doubts that maybe we couldn't maintain the rage in the second stanza.

As it turned out, the effort was still there, but not the execution.

That must change tomorrow night.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

DIEHARD
22-07-11, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the wrap for The Legion and the Titan Army Scott!

Ticket sales for tomorrow IMO are good and I hope for a crowd in excess of 16,000+ but we need as many Titans fans there as possible.

C-Whiz
22-07-11, 07:59 AM
Am I missing something?

Maybe I am just stupid, but if we are playing Beau Henry at 5/8, and that is what we bought him for, and Capewell is leaving us to go to Brisbane (who I assumed we had brought to be 5/8, but whether FB or 5/8, he's going apparently), then why wouldn't Zillman be playing at FB? Surely that is the plan for next year? SURELY!!!!

I'll admit I don't even bother trying to pick/guess teams anymore, but I still don't understand why we aren't playing the best players at their best positions and filling the remaining gaps as best we can.

We buy players to play in certain positions right? Or is this part of a "confuse the opposition" game? Hasn't been working very well so far, but the Titans and the fans are certainly dumbfounded.

DIEHARD
22-07-11, 08:20 AM
Am I missing something?

Maybe I am just stupid, but if we are playing Beau Henry at 5/8, and that is what we bought him for, and Capewell is leaving us to go to Brisbane (who I assumed we had brought to be 5/8, but whether FB or 5/8, he's going apparently), then why wouldn't Zillman be playing at FB? Surely that is the plan for next year? SURELY!!!!

I think you are right Chris. And I think if current rumours play out, the situation will catch up with itself and we will make the changes that you refer to.

Titanic
22-07-11, 09:07 AM
Am I missing something? Maybe I am just stupid ... and the fans are certainly dumbfounded.

I doubt that there has ever been a more ridiculous scenario of mis-communication between a club and its supporter base. All those Titans stalwarts on here and contrary to some opinions I consider myself one of those, I think we all can take losing, we can all take defections but some of the eclectic selections smack of "no idea".

karnage
22-07-11, 09:10 AM
Am I missing something?

I'll admit I don't even bother trying to pick/guess teams anymore, but I still don't understand why we aren't playing the best players at their best positions and filling the remaining gaps as best we can.

We buy players to play in certain positions right? Or is this part of a "confuse the opposition" game? Hasn't been working very well so far, but the Titans and the fans are certainly dumbfounded.

Cartwright's use of Zillman this year has been nothing short of inept. As has his use of Campbell off the bench.

DIEHARD
22-07-11, 09:13 AM
All those Titans stalwarts on here and contrary to some opinions I consider myself one of those

Your certainly are a Titans stalwart. I back that.

DIEHARD
22-07-11, 05:06 PM
Scott in the mix for Titans clash

Toyota Cowboys co-captain Matthew Scott?s troublesome back is not 100% but it won?t stop him from playing in the round 20 NRL clash with the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday evening.

A frustrated Scott was forced to miss last weekend?s loss to Wests Tigers and coach Neil Henry said today that the side clearly missed the big prop?s on-field leadership.

Scott completed light training on Wednesday and was scheduled to have another run at Burleigh on Friday afternoon with Scott Bolton on standby should the back problem, which started about two weeks ago, flare up once again.

Fellow forwards Leeson Ah Mau and Joel Riethmuller, who were named in a 19-man squad on Tuesday, were not included in NQ?s travelling group.

?I feel pretty refreshed after the week off and I?m looking forward to Saturday night,? Scott said today.

?The back?s better for the week off I think.

?I?m not 100% but I?ve got two more full days to get better.

?I shouldn?t be restricted too much but it?s still not 100%.?

Scott said having his co-captain Johnathan Thurston, who is still sidelined by a knee injury, travel to the Coast with the 18-man squad would be a plus for the Cowboys, who are pushing for a top-four spot for the finals.

Thurston is still at least three weeks away from making his comeback but will be on hand to offer some guidance to 21-year-old halves Ben Jones and Ray Thompson, who have just over 50 NRL games between them.

?It?s good for the team and it?s good for the young halves in Ray and Benny Jones to have him along for a bit of support,? Scott said.

?He?ll probably have a quiet word in their ear.?

While the Cowboys are enjoying a bounce back season, the Titans have struggled all year and come into this weekend bottom of the NRL ladder with just four wins and very little chance of making the finals.

Scott said the Cowboys? own struggles in the recent past made him very cautious about facing the Coast at home.

?We were in this position last year," he said.

?Especially playing at home, they?ll be looking for a good performance.

?It?s one of those games we can?t take too lightly.

?We?ve got to play really well.?

http://www.cowboys.com.au

Rage
22-07-11, 08:23 PM
Wayne Heming AAP Fri, Jul 22, 2011 - 3:57 PM

Gold Coast representative halfback Scott Prince has described five-eighth Beau Henry as a Brad Fittler or Trent Barrett in the making ahead of his first game for the club against North Queensland.

After a month of preparation, the former Warilla Gorilla junior is set to make his eagerly anticipated debut for the struggling Titans as Prince's future long-term halves partner.

Prince, who rated Henry highly even before the 21-year-old gambled his $100,000-a-season deal by shifting from Newcastle to the Titans mid-season, likes the youngster's skills.

"Without putting too much pressure on the kid, he's certainly got the ability," enthused Prince, who feels Henry can reduce the pressure on him with his passing and kicking game.

"He's the type of five-eighth .... the Brad Fittler, Trent Barrett type where he's big and possesses a good passing game and kicking game."

Prince was referring to Henry's 188cm, 96kg frame helping him take the line on like Fittler or Barrett.

The Toyota Cup player of the year with Newcastle in 2009, Henry played six games for the Knights before deciding to take a gamble with the Titans.

"Personally I think he's a very talented kid and he gets his shot tomorrow night. His training has been outstanding," said Prince.

"He can take a lot of pressure off me with the ball in hand and with the kicking as well.

"He's a big kid and he can be a handful close to the line."

Henry will come up against a young Cowboys halves pairing of Ben Jones and Ray Thompson, with skipper Johnathan Thurston still weeks away from returning from a knee injury.

Cowboys prop Matt Scott will travel down from Townsville wearing a back brace after missing last week's loss to the Wests Tigers.

Scott aggravated his back playing in the State of Origin series.

"It's not quite 100 per cent but I still got two days yet," he said on Friday morning.

Thurston will travel with the Cowboys and Scott said it would be goodfor Jones and Thompson to have him there for support.

Meanwhile Titans coach John Cartwright said his players definitely owed their loyal fans something after the club's poor start to the season.

"It's important that they see we're out there swinging," Cartwright said.

Cartwright wasn't surprised veteran prop Luke Bailey had gone out on a limb and suggested the side could win six of their last seven games.

"Luke's form for us has been super," he said.

"If we can get a few guys to believe and jump on the back of Bull (Bailey), I've got no doubt we can do it."

The game will be Prince's 100th for the club and his 254th since making his debut for the Cowboys against Canberra in 1998.

However with Preston Campbell (250 games), Bailey (200 games) and Prince himself (250 games) all losing on big milestone nights already this season, he wasn't keen to make a big deal of the occasion.

Boofhead
22-07-11, 10:56 PM
Cartwright's use of Zillman this year has been nothing short of inept. As has his use of Campbell off the bench.

You are not wrong, he should have played 20 games a fullback this year. Campbell is not a hooker anymore, should have been given more time at 5/8 in a rotation with Bird

Tamwelg
22-07-11, 11:38 PM
You are not wrong, he should have played 20 games a fullback this year. Campbell is not a hooker anymore, should have been given more time at 5/8 in a rotation with Bird

No you are wrong, Campbell has more to offer the team and club off the field then he does on.

Boofhead
23-07-11, 01:02 AM
No you are wrong, Campbell has more to offer the team and club off the field then he does on.

That too. :p

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 08:45 AM
Looks like a great day for footy. See you at the Members BBQ.

I'm very excited about Beau Henry finally debuting. To me he stands head and shoulders above as a 5/8th for us.

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 08:51 AM
Home semi-final on the line against Titans

THE North Queensland Cowboys will play their third Queensland derby of the season today and for Cowboys co-captain Matt Scott it's the beginning of their road to a home semi-final.

The Cowboys are almost assured of a place inside the top eight come finals' time in September with seven rounds of the regular remaining having bagged 11 wins from their season to date.

Getting a win against the Gold Coast Titans this afternoon should book the Cowboys' their first finals' appearance since 2007, although it's the very possible prospect of playing big-time footy before fans at Dairy Farmers Stadium that's driving Scott on.

"We're aiming for a top-four finish so we've got to win as many as we can ... expectations are there in the team that we'll make the top four," he said.

Cowboys coach Neil Henry reiterated Scott's opinion that the goal of a home semi-final was now at the forefront of his players' minds.

"It's certainly a goal to make them but we're not there yet, we need to win a few games too in Johnathan's absence and we've got the side to do that," he said.

"It's important we try and stay a chance of being a top-four finish to get a home semi-final."

First-up on their road towards that top-four placing is tonight's clash against NRL cellar dwellers the Gold Coast Titans.

Scott will return to action for the Cowboys tonight after being ruled out of last weekend's game against the Wests Tigers due to a back strain that almost ruled him out of the Newcastle Knights game a fortnight ago.

His absence - along with that of Thurston - was certainly felt by the Cowboys and Henry admitted as such when leaving for the Gold Coast yesterday morning.

"I think we missed him last week, it was a disappointing performance against the Wests Tigers and we certainly need to rectify that," he said.

"I they click it'll be a dangerous game for us."

Scott Bolton travelled with the Cowboys yesterday as cover for Scott, who carried a back brace for the hour and 40min flight to Brisbane.

The Australia and Queensland representative said he was confident of being in peak shape by tonight.

"(I'm) not 100 per cent...I've got two more full days to sort of get better," he said.

"I'm hoping to be better again by Saturday afternoon but I shouldn't be restricted too much but it is still not 100 per cent.

"It's better for the week off I think, I'm feeling pretty refreshed."

Scott's co-captain Thurston also travelled to Australia's glamour strip yesterday, although he boarded the plane purely in a support capacity.

"It's good for the team and good for the young halves in Ray (Thompson) and Benny Jones having him along for the support," Scott said.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 08:52 AM
Titans will lift for derby and fans: Cartwright

THEIR positions may have reversed but a Queensland derby is still a Queensland derby.

It was this time last year that the North Queensland Cowboys were sitting second-last on the NRL ladder and the Gold Coast Titans in fourth, and for the Cowboys' the dream of finals' football had to wait for 2011.

Twelve months later and the Cowboys are in fifth place and an odds-on chance of playing not only finals footy but also of hosting a finals encounter for the first time since 2004, whereas the Titans are now the team playing for nothing but respect.

The Cowboys should collect another two competition points to further cement their place in the finals race, but if they think they're going to be delivered on a plate then think again, says Titans' coach John Cartwright - who is relying on the "derby" factor to lift his boys.

"They tend to bring the best out in both sides, last week (against the Broncos) I thought it was a tight and dour affair for 60 minutes but that's been a problem all year," he said.

"We haven't been able to put 80 minutes together and that's where most of the focus has been this week."

Giving their home fans something to cheer about, considering that their team hasn't won a game since June 10, when they upset St George Illawarra 28-14, is also on Cartwright's agenda.

The Titans mentor said it "was about time" that their supporters had something to cheer about, and nothing would please him more than doing so at the expense of the visiting Cowboys.

"We definitely owe our fans something to feel good about, the loyal fans who have been behind us who turn up every week for us," Cartwright said.

"We definitely owe them a good performance and a good finish to the year."

Titans captain Scott Prince said his outfit could count their lucky stars that gun Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston was sidelined, although he did talk up the win that Thurston's teammates conjured up against the Newcastle Knights a fortnight ago.

"They'll be missing his experience and threat in attack, but in saying that the Cowboys are a good outfit and they had a really good win a couple of weeks (ago) without him," he said.

"So we just have to worry about ourselves and get ourselves back on track, hopefully the rest will take care of itself."

Prince will partner Titans debutant Beau Henry in the halves against Cowboys counterparts in Ben Jones and Ray Thompson.

Henry - who made a mid-season transfer to the Titans from Newcastle - has already played against the Cowboys this season and played a leading hand in their 34-22 victory against North Queensland back in round two.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 09:00 AM
Cowboys gamble on Matt Scott's back injury in crunch clash with Titans

MATT Scott's importance to North Queensland's premiership hopes has been further illustrated by the decision to risk the Maroons and Kangaroos prop in tonight's clash against last-placed Gold Coast at Skilled Park.

Scott yesterday admitted he had not fully recovered from the back injury that kept him out of the Cowboys' disappointing 38-18 loss to Wests Tigers in Townsville last Saturday night.

But the Cowboys' shoddy defence and lack of leadership in the absence of star halfback Johnathan Thurston has convinced coach Neil Henry to field co-captain Scott, despite the Titans being rock bottom on the NRL ladder.

Henry has the added insurance of 18th man Scott Bolton, but was certain Scott would play.

"We're taking Scott Bolton as well (but) he won't be playing - it'll be one to 17," Henry said. "He (Matt Scott) is still in a bit of discomfort with his back (but) we missed him last week ... we were fairly fragile defensively."

Scott was happy to answer Henry's call, admitting he found it tough watching the Cowboys get beaten last weekend.

"It was a game we probably should have won or could have won," said Scott, who wore a back brace on the flight from Townsville to Brisbane yesterday.

"We do a fair bit more travel than other clubs. It's just a part of the process to try to help it.

"I'm hoping it'll be better again by Saturday afternoon. I shouldn't be restricted too much but it's still not 100 per cent."

Scott was wary of the Titans, saying the Cowboys were in a similar position of desperation last season.

"Especially playing them at home, they're going to be looking for a good performance," he said.

"It's one of those games we can't take too lightly. We've got to play really well."

Titans skipper Scott Prince can sense an upset, particularly in the absence of Thurston, who remains sidelined with a knee injury.

"They'll be missing his experience and threat in attack," Prince said.

"(But) we just have to worry about ourselves and get ourselves back on track."

To do that the Titans have turned to former Newcastle five-eighth Beau Henry, who joined the club last month after being told by the Knights he would not be required next season.

"I watched a little bit of him when he was with Newcastle at the start of the season - I thought he was a quality player," said Prince, who likened 21-year-old Henry to a young version of Brad Fittler or Trent Barrett.

"He's big and he possesses a good passing game and a kicking game. Without putting too much pressure on the kid, he's certainly got the ability.

"He gets his shot (tonight). He's been training outstanding and hopefully he can go out and do a job for me.

"He's taking a lot of pressure off me, not only with the ball in hand but with the kicking game as well.

"If the opportunity to run is there, I'm sure he'll take it. He's quite a handful close to the line."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl

DIEHARD
23-07-11, 09:12 AM
Henry set to make big impact for Titans

HE is one of the biggest five-eighths of the modern era.

But it will be Beau Henry's ability to "stand over" skipper Scott Prince and not sheer size that will determine whether the boom mid-season recruit is a success at the Gold Coast, according to foundation Titans football manager Scott Sattler.

Henry will make his Titans debut against the Cowboys at Skilled Park tonight, with all eyes focused on how he fares in the problematic No.6 jumper.

"I don't think it is his size that complements Princey," Sattler said.

"He has to have the ability to stand over a No.7 who is a pretty dominant figure. Princey needs a person who has a little bit of arrogance about them but is still able to work a partnership.

"The way Henry can complement him is by taking a lot of the responsibility and load off him, which will free Princey up to concentrate on areas he is really strong at."

Standing 188cm tall and 96kg, Henry is the largest playmaker in the NRL and is in the same mould as Brad Fittler, Trent Barrett and Braith Anasta.

The Toyota Cup Player of the Year in 2009 with the Dragons, Henry made his NRL debut in Round 1 this year for the Knights, playing six games before suffering an ankle injury.

Sattler, a former teammate of Prince at Wests Tigers, said the 21-year-old had the potential to answer the prayers of Coast fans.

As a Toyota Cup television commentator for Fox Sports, Sattler has seen plenty of Henry in under-20s ranks and has a high opinion of the young playmaker.

"He was a key player in the Toyota Cup and you could tell he was a class above most of them skill-wise," Sattler said.

"Making that transition to first grade was always going to be the next step for him but he hasn't been able to hold down a permanent position yet.

"He is the first genuine five-eighth the Titans have had, in that he is the first one who has spent his whole career in the halves."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Mushi
23-07-11, 09:33 AM
Heard that Capewell was in doubt for tonight??? Anyone know???
Looking forward to the game - can't wait to get back to skilled to cheer on the boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets send those cowboys packing back to Nth Qld :-)

gotitans101
23-07-11, 12:07 PM
Cowboys being my second team (always have been), I wouldn't be at all annoyed if we lost tonight, so long as we put some bloody effort in! If the Cows did beat us then they'll be up there ahead of the Donkeys again, who I DO NOT want to see in the top 4!

Good luck to Henry with his debut for us though, I feel it will take time for him to find his feet at the club but we'll see how he goes.

bigjim
23-07-11, 03:54 PM
Well done Titan's Queensland Cup team.

Really hope the bigboys can take a little inspiration from them.

Wouldn't mind Jordan Atkins getting a run sooner rather than later. He really led the way.:clap:

isaiah
23-07-11, 04:05 PM
Well done Titan's Queensland Cup team.

Really hope the bigboys can take a little inspiration from them.

Wouldn't mind Jordan Atkins getting a run sooner rather than later. He really led the way.:clap:

inspiration, what about the great 20's win?

and by the way, atkins is happy at the eels, lol

isaiah
23-07-11, 04:06 PM
love to see srama v segeyaro, great match up

CairnsTitan
23-07-11, 05:37 PM
michaels back to his broncos form

Titanic
23-07-11, 06:19 PM
titans back to their 2011 form

gotitans101
23-07-11, 06:21 PM
Toopi rushes off his line and gifts Tonga an easy try.

Overall though a shocking second half performance. Seems to be the trend this year. Why?

CairnsTitan
23-07-11, 06:22 PM
yes punches

CairnsTitan
23-07-11, 06:26 PM
we should go out next week with the aim to start fights, i love fights and it would bring in crowds

bigjim
23-07-11, 06:34 PM
inspiration, what about the great 20's win?

and by the way, atkins is happy at the eels, lol

Jordan Rankin. Sorry about that but I'm sure you knew who I meant.:salute:

bigjim
23-07-11, 06:36 PM
Why did Toopi rush off his line. It's not like he really made any contact.
Basic errors loose this winable game.
Come on next year.

Geeman
23-07-11, 07:21 PM
Well despite the loss, I think Capewell had a solid game at fullback, Zillman proved more than capable at centre, and Henry's debut for us was solid. Hopefully he gets game time for the rest of the season.

teke
23-07-11, 07:48 PM
Geez there were some eyebrow raising plays in that match, I dont know where to start. Surely the Titans have used up all of their bad misfortune so next year will be different.

isaiah
23-07-11, 07:59 PM
Toopi rushes off his line and gifts Tonga an easy try.

Overall though a shocking second half performance. Seems to be the trend this year. Why?

if you really want to know why, i think i might know?

eelectrica
23-07-11, 08:23 PM
Some good signs tonight. So bloody frustrating the second half collapses. The story of the season. Compete well for a while and really drop off in the final 20.

hammer
23-07-11, 08:24 PM
Some good footy tonight in patches...completion rate still poor. Henry had a solid start, Zillman was great in the centres...probably a good thing that Michaels won't remember too much of the game...he had rather ordinary game!

SunnyCoastTitanFan
23-07-11, 08:27 PM
I was impressed with Zillman in the centers, gave us some much needed speed out wide, tbh cowboys got some fairly dodgy tries IMO. And here's a stat for all of you, before tonight we have not let a lead of 10+ slip, so it's good to see us breaking records :rolleyes:

eelectrica
23-07-11, 08:38 PM
Some good footy tonight in patches...completion rate still poor. Henry had a solid start, Zillman was great in the centres...probably a good thing that Michaels won't remember too much of the game...he had rather ordinary game!

Really noticed Zillmans positive impact early in the game where he made some good breaks.

It seems we're lacking good support play. So many times a player makes a half break and is looking around for support but no ones there, like everyone surprised when it happens.

I think if Carty persists with this line up a win will come soon. Not that Carty has much else to try I guess. What to do with Presto still seems to be a mystery because he really isn't providing the spark they want.

eelectrica
23-07-11, 08:39 PM
I was impressed with Zillman in the centers, gave us some much needed speed out wide, tbh cowboys got some fairly dodgy tries IMO. And here's a stat for all of you, before tonight we have not let a lead of 10+ slip, so it's good to see us breaking records :rolleyes:

At 12-0 up and 14-6 at the half I really thought we could win. :doh:

TITAN PETE
23-07-11, 08:41 PM
Happiest I've been this season after a loss, the boys competed & apart from a bit of bad luck we were just out played by a team trying jump into the top 4 & we are trying to avoid the Wooden Spoon..

Great games tonight from Zill,Mini & Capewell, unlucky result for Michaels & Toopi should retire tonight :nope:

On a funny note those with Sports Ears may have heard Bull's comment to the ref after Michaels was knocked out..

Bull; are u going to send the 12 off (Tariq Simms)
Ref; No it was an accident
Bull; He hits too hard he's already knocked me out twice :surprise:
:laugh: :laugh:

gotitans101
23-07-11, 08:47 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

LOL. Tariq is a gun, he's gonna be dangerous for NSW once he makes the side.

teke
23-07-11, 08:47 PM
Happiest I've been this season after a loss, the boys competed & apart from a bit of bad luck we were just out played by a team trying jump into the top 4 & we are trying to avoid the Wooden Spoon..

Great games tonight from Zill,Mini & Capewell, unlucky result for Michaels & Toopi should retire tonight :nope:

On a funny note those with Sports Ears may have heard Bull's comment to the ref after Michaels was knocked out..

:laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh:

Capes played solid, he was run ragged and midway through the 1st half he was struggling bigtime. Mead went into FB and some spark came back. It just goes to show how immensely fit and talented Slater is. Always in top gear 80mins of the game.

Titanic
23-07-11, 08:54 PM
I think Michaels must go. Campbell should too - his ad hoc play without the vigour just doesn't fit what we are evolving into. We looked like a team that could win until Henry was hooked.

Zillman made a fair fist of centre. Srama was outstanding, again.

Having backs doing backs things was great ... even factoring Toopi's waywardness into the mix. With some more cohesion we could expect: (a) some support play, (b) the wings getting busier, and (c) the forwards, particularly Bird (and the trainer), getting out of the goddamn way.

I felt for Minichiello when he got b!tch-slapped by that neanderthal Tamou - there should have been 16 other Titans on the field to extract immediate revenge ... we looked like sheilas.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
23-07-11, 08:57 PM
Well I think Prince had a solid game, and I think it was great to see us break the line, I think Mead was really unlucky not to have scored.

Bayside Titan
23-07-11, 09:20 PM
Why do we persist with Toopi? My god how many games do we see him rush out of the line and gift the other centre or winger a try? I'd be have having O'dwyer running in the centers for the remainder of the year if it meant Toopi wasn't playing. Thought that Henry played ok, but shouldn't have come off. Sad to ask this but HAS Preston Campbell became a liability?

GoldCoastTitans100
23-07-11, 10:36 PM
Henry is just terrible, bad kicking game and he is extremely predictable.

Prince really didn't do much, didn't make many errors though.

Zillman had a great game, good thing we tried all the possibility's before we signed two new centers. :ugh:

Matt Srama had a terrific game !

C-Whiz
23-07-11, 10:47 PM
We start like we need to win in the first 10 minutes, but last year we played like we needed to win it in the last 10 minutes. Which way has worked better?

We were so fast tonight it was awesome! For a while. Srama is a gun, Henry is just what we've been needing, CAPES is the new Preston, and will be the "can-do" utility next year.

Zilly will have to be FB, but he was LIGHTNING at centre. But it's not where we need him. Finally I can see the light at the end of the long dark 2011 tunnel.

With better support play we would have put an extra 12-18 on them before halftime. So many wasted opportunities because we weren't up with the ball carrier.
Fitness? Attitude? Confidence? i don't know, but we let about 3 tries go begging.
But a lot of positives. We played like a team that has potential again, rather than a team looking for answers. :thumbsup:

Steelers
23-07-11, 11:08 PM
CAPES is the new Preston, and will be the "can-do" utility next year.

Unless he is playing for the Broncos

bigjim
24-07-11, 01:42 AM
Henry is just terrible, bad kicking game and he is extremely predictable.

Prince really didn't do much, didn't make many errors though.

Zillman had a great game, good thing we tried all the possibility's before we signed two new centers. :ugh:

Matt Srama had a terrific game !

Prince had a fair game but that's not good enough for the leader of a team.

Zillman and Srama were brilliant.

Michaels does one good thing then 3 or 4 stuff ups. No wonder the Broncos got rid of him.

Have to disagree about Henry. I was impressed with his contribution. I thought his kicks were effective and took a bit of the pressure of Prince and we know Prince needs the pressure taken off him.

kwigibo
24-07-11, 09:39 AM
Who other than Tariq Sims can beat Srama for rookie of the year?

shamus
24-07-11, 09:52 AM
I really enjoyed the game and although disappointed in the result I wasn't devastated.

But on another note, what about the Cowboy crowd! I sit in section 20 (aisle seat) so I am right next to section 21 which is Titanium members seating but there are not many memberships sold in this section as there are always different bodies or empty seats on most game days. But not last night. I am unsure what happened but for some bizarre reason the Titanium section was filled with Cowboy supporters. It seemed more supporters there than in the away bay? It seems to much of a coincidence that the bay was filled with them so I was curious as to how they all got to sit there.

So a couple of questions....

1/ Amaline, I caught up with you last night early and you mentioned you were sitting with your Dad in Titanium, do you agree with my comments in regards to the Cowboys in section 21?

2/ Cowboy Titan, I can only assume you are a Cowboys forum member. Was there a deal for Cowboys for this game? It doesn't look like there was as I went onto the Cowbos Forum briefly and saw nothing obvious. This amazes me as I have never seen so many away supporters sitting together that weren't in an away bay section

Legion, I assume once again that you guys yelled your hearts out! I heard absolutely nothing! Sitting between the away bay and the mob in section 21 all I heard was Cowboys chants all night. Had I have never been to skilled before and just awoken from a coma I would have thought I was in Townsville...albeit a very cool Townsville.

That is not a dig at you guys....I mentioned above that you probably yelled your hearts out as per usual. The point I am trying to get across is that where I sit I (and the rest of section 20 and 19) had absolutley no chance of ever hearing you.

I have not watched the replay yet but with the Cowboy crowd sitting in section 20 (smack in the middle of the vision of the cameras) it must show more Cowboy support than Titans support, which would be disappointing.

P.S. What ever happend to the drummer that came up to section 20 2, 3 or 4games ago. I thought that was a clever idea as he did get the crowd involved (until he passed the drum kit over to his apprentice...things got kinda quiet then). I believe perserverence would have paid off if this had continued over more games.

Had my rant....going now.

Coaster
24-07-11, 09:59 AM
I do know that there was a deal done between the two clubs, and the cowboys bought down about 300 members.

I agree about the noise, it was quiet

C-Whiz
24-07-11, 10:22 AM
P.S. What ever happend to the drummer that came up to section 20 2, 3 or 4games ago. I thought that was a clever idea as he did get the crowd involved (until he passed the drum kit over to his apprentice...things got kinda quiet then). I believe perserverence would have paid off if this had continued over more games.Yeah, I think that was the NZ game, i was down in front of you, and it did make a difference. I've always said that the Legion needs to have "pockets" around the ground to co-ordinate chants etc.

C-Whiz
24-07-11, 10:24 AM
Unless he is playing for the Broncosyep, I'm trying to keep positive about keeping him. :thumbsup: I'm liking him more and more. He's showing great versatility now. A bit to learn, but he's got the skills.

shamus
24-07-11, 10:28 AM
I do know that there was a deal done between the two clubs, and the cowboys bought down about 300 members.

I agree about the noise, it was quiet

Well if that is the case IMO it was a bad idea to sit them opposite the cameras at our home game. I think they could have squeezed them into sections 12 through to 16 rather than give them the opportunity to 'star' at our home game. :mad:

C-Whiz
24-07-11, 10:33 AM
Well if that is the case IMO it was a bad idea to sit them opposite the cameras at our home game. I think they could have squeezed them into sections 12 through to 16 rather than give them the opportunity to 'star' at our home game. :mad:That's a very good point Shamus.

patskE
24-07-11, 10:38 AM
zillman was amazing...
we goto stop moving him n let him settle in a possie...
his been our rock this season tbh.
cant beleive we didnt get a pentaly when prince put the little grubber through and sorta held back a bit. was enough for me. that turned the match tbh

also with 2011 pretty much over for us. we need to start to look to next year.
zillman at fb, prince 7 n give herny a chance to make the 6 jumper his, with matty smara at hooker and let them get a combo up

shamus
24-07-11, 10:45 AM
cant beleive we didnt get a pentaly when prince put the little grubber through and sorta held back a bit. was enough for me. that turned the match tbh

It did turn the match. Cowboys scored in the next set. It happend right next to the Touchie, I cannot believe he ignored it coz he def would have seen it!

amaline
24-07-11, 10:50 AM
1/ Amaline, I caught up with you last night early and you mentioned you were sitting with your Dad in Titanium, do you agree with my comments in regards to the Cowboys in section 21?

Yeah, it felt like an away game. We were definitely a minority where we were sitting. Oh and it had to be a Cowboys supporter who won the $5k. :doh:

Titanic
24-07-11, 11:13 AM
Henry - size at 5/8 allows so many more options for the edge players ... I noticed yesterday that the delivery to Henry was pretty average but that should change once he develops some understanding with Srama and Prince ... I agree his kicking game wasn't great but neither was it poor and I feel that was because of the delivery and first game issues.

Capewell - I'm not convinced he's a FB but if we really are going to keep him then he needs to know that he's first 17 material. His managers comment that "the coach doesn't seem to have him in his plans" sort of says it all. Campbell needs to take up his ambassador role.

Zillman - anybody think Champion can play FB? Just kidding but he went pretty well at centre and looked like he enjoyed and could improve on it.

Michaels - I can't question his courage but we should be giving one of the often posted twins Vickory/Peyroux a chance. With concussion here is the opportunity.

Toopi - As much as I hate this solution, maybe O'Dwyer in the centres cuts out the lapses in defence.

Srama - Can't find enough superlatives, not that he can't improve but how badly did we need somebody to play like that week in week out?

Minichiello - Back to the gym mate. If you're going to punch outside your weight then you'd better be able to land them.

And just because it's Sunday morning... next years team:

1. Capewell
2. Mead
3. Champion
4. Zillman
5. Gordon
6. Henry
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Thompson
16. Idris
17. Minichiello

Nick
24-07-11, 12:10 PM
We looked good for the first half. Henry looked a lot more promising than other five eighth replacements. Capewell just needs to get a little more confidence in the side and he will go well at fullback.
Zilly looks at home in the centres, just a bit more work with defensive reads and I would put him above Champion in the pecking order of centres for next year.

Tamwelg
24-07-11, 12:10 PM
Who other than Tariq Sims can beat Srama for rookie of the year?

Daly Cherry-Evans

Tamwelg
24-07-11, 12:17 PM
Just watched the replay and there was some really promising signs. The boys can finally hold there heads high and say they really competed. Henry and Capewell solid and will retain there spots. Zillman to centre, I do recall a certain forum member calling this a week before it happened :D and he owned that position. I thought he showed enough to suggest if he had have been playing there all year it would have been Zillman in the maroon instead of Neilsen.

Toopi and Michaels have had enough chances to redeem themselves, but have been falling short too often, Qcup for the pair of them IMO. The use of Campbell is all wrong. He should be helping the side off the field not on it.

Tamwelg
24-07-11, 12:18 PM
We looked good for the first half. Henry looked a lot more promising than other five eighth replacements. Capewell just needs to get a little more confidence in the side and he will go well at fullback.
Zilly looks at home in the centres, just a bit more work with defensive reads and I would put him above Champion in the pecking order of centres for next year.

I know it's an early call, but I'd also put him next in line behind Inglis and Hodges for the QLD centre spot.

patskE
24-07-11, 01:12 PM
maybe put champion or idris outside zillman, with mead at fb?

hammer
24-07-11, 03:21 PM
Yeah, it felt like an away game. We were definitely a minority where we were sitting. Oh and it had to be a Cowboys supporter who won the $5k. :doh:

I was asking for a re-draw...I thought they had to be in their seat to win...he definitely wasn't in his allotted seat...in fact he was on the other side of the stadium!

TITAN PETE
24-07-11, 05:07 PM
Daly Cherry-Evans

Boom .... Winner ;)

C-Whiz
24-07-11, 05:52 PM
So because Zillman played awesome at centre should we re-shuffle the team just so he can play there?

Without knowing what is happening with Capewell, I'd say keep Zilly at FB. We have centres for next year. Cost a fortune, but we have them.

We look like we have a 5/8 now. We had, and now still have a great #9. Our HB is one of the best, and there is no reason he can't regain his old form now that we are getting the team sorted.

So, back to the question of Zillman. I'd say play him wherever he is going to be playing next year, not where he plays well just for this year.

Rage
24-07-11, 07:39 PM
Zillmans actually put in some good games for all of the positions he's been put in this year. However, I do agree that with the uncertainty of where Capewell's gonna end up, coupled with that Warriors game Zilly played last year, he should be playing the 1 if that's where hes gonna end up next year

amaline
24-07-11, 07:51 PM
I was asking for a re-draw...I thought they had to be in their seat to win...he definitely wasn't in his allotted seat...in fact he was on the other side of the stadium!

Haha, yeah he was. Sitting in a more expensive section, too.

Chaos
24-07-11, 08:54 PM
I just watched the first half against the Cowboys and we played some good footy.

Zillman had a blinder at left centre

Henry was ordinary but by using a second distributor, our attacking runners found space out wide.
Some of his kicks did find open field which took presser off prince.

I still haven't seen Capewell beat a defender with the ball.

CairnsTitan
24-07-11, 09:12 PM
Zillmans played better at centre in his first game then Idris has all year, we will not win a premiership with idris at centre

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 08:33 AM
Zillman proves versatility for Titans

NOT than long ago they were calling William Zillman "The Chosen One".

But the Titans' Mr Versatility, long considered Preston Campbell's successor at fullback, has emerged as a saviour for the Gold Coast in the centres.

In a season that has produced few high points -- and even fewer wins -- Zillman has proven he was the Titans' Total Package after filling yet another role in the backline admirably against the Cowboys on Saturday night.

Playing opposite returning Kangaroos star Brent Tate in just his third game ever at centre, Zillman proved adept, landing a first-half double and taking a small victory over his opposite.

Despite the arrival of recruits Beau Champion and Jamal Idris over the off-season as cover for departing centres Clinton Toopi (retirement) and Esi Tonga (Eels), the 25-year-old former Raiders flyer could keep his place out wide, a move he would also strongly consider.

"It's been a funny year in that sense," said Zillman of a season where he has spent time at fullback, wing, centre, five-eighth and halfback.

"I've played a few positions but it's been good for me to get around the field and taste of a few positions ... that part has been enjoyable.

"Getting moved around, while it's tough at times, if it means helping the team so be it, because I just want to help the team as much as I can."

In another encouraging sign for the Titans, there was also plenty to take from the performance of mid-season recruit Beau Henry, who combined well with captain Scott Prince at five-eighth in his first appearance for his new club.

The concern however for the Gold Coast came through winger Steve Michaels, who is expected to miss this weekend's trip to Newcastle after he was forced from the field with yet another concussion.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 08:46 AM
We played some good football and I saw noticable improvements.

The Cowboys just blew us away with those two tries after the break... Unfortunately. Matt Bowen was again fantastic against us.

Zillman was a revelation at centre. And while he has played every position in the backline, gee I am tempted to see him stay there. But at the end of the day Id like one of our classiest players in one of the key positions.

With Michaels likely out next week against the Knights, it would help the shuffle.

Beau Henry made a solid debut and I could already see the benefits of having him out there. Giving more time and less heat to Scott is the priority. And I hope Beau is suitably warmed up to face his former club, the Knights.

Seeing linebreaks was a joy. I felt like a thirsty man in the desert who just found an oasis.

The Cowboys were out to slay their doubters without Thurston and the great man's aura ebbed from the sidelines. Although without Thurston there is alot of lack of purpose. But that is no surprise. Well done Cowboys.

Well done to the many Cowboys fans at the game, including the many who came down from NQ.

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 08:52 AM
I think we all need to get together, members from all corners of the stadium to truly nut this one out. We all want what is best for the atmosphere at Skilled Park. We want it to sizzle.

The Legion was at a disadvantaged with only one drum that isn't best suited for the job at hand. We are working on new ways to solve the problem.

But The Legion had a strong turn out, so that was pleasing. :thumbsup: Very pleasing to see all the familar faces and more new in tough times.

I often run around with my big flag after we score and I went up and visited the north east section for a while. And it was unusually difficult to hear the drum and the chants. Although it was pleasing to hear people joining in.

I do agree with C Whiz personally, that our cause would be helped if we had a few pockets of diehard support in other locations, even if it is only a dozen, that makes a big difference.

We will make sure our plans are ready to roll out for the Storm game.

And much appreciation and respect to the thousands of Cowboys supporters who came down from NQ and those local ones. They had alot to cheer about, which always helps. But they were all super vocal.

In my book, bring in the rival fans! It creates great atmosphere, challengers Titans fans and at the end of the day helps to fill the stadium, which will one day grow to create lots of demand and limited supply. :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed the game and although disappointed in the result I wasn't devastated.

But on another note, what about the Cowboy crowd! I sit in section 20 (aisle seat) so I am right next to section 21 which is Titanium members seating but there are not many memberships sold in this section as there are always different bodies or empty seats on most game days. But not last night. I am unsure what happened but for some bizarre reason the Titanium section was filled with Cowboy supporters. It seemed more supporters there than in the away bay? It seems to much of a coincidence that the bay was filled with them so I was curious as to how they all got to sit there.

So a couple of questions....

2/ Cowboy Titan, I can only assume you are a Cowboys forum member. Was there a deal for Cowboys for this game? It doesn't look like there was as I went onto the Cowbos Forum briefly and saw nothing obvious. This amazes me as I have never seen so many away supporters sitting together that weren't in an away bay section

Legion, I assume once again that you guys yelled your hearts out! I heard absolutely nothing! Sitting between the away bay and the mob in section 21 all I heard was Cowboys chants all night. Had I have never been to skilled before and just awoken from a coma I would have thought I was in Townsville...albeit a very cool Townsville.

That is not a dig at you guys....I mentioned above that you probably yelled your hearts out as per usual. The point I am trying to get across is that where I sit I (and the rest of section 20 and 19) had absolutley no chance of ever hearing you.

I have not watched the replay yet but with the Cowboy crowd sitting in section 20 (smack in the middle of the vision of the cameras) it must show more Cowboy support than Titans support, which would be disappointing.

P.S. What ever happend to the drummer that came up to section 20 2, 3 or 4games ago. I thought that was a clever idea as he did get the crowd involved (until he passed the drum kit over to his apprentice...things got kinda quiet then). I believe perserverence would have paid off if this had continued over more games.

Had my rant....going now.

GoldCoastTitans100
25-07-11, 03:08 PM
Have to disagree about Henry. I was impressed with his contribution. I thought his kicks were effective and took a bit of the pressure of Prince and we know Prince needs the pressure taken off him.

If we continue with Prince and Henry in the halves we can go get the spoon now.

That is just my opinion though, never liked Henry when he played for Newcastle.

Cowboy Titan
25-07-11, 03:17 PM
Well done to the many Cowboys fans at the game, including the many who came down from NQ.Thanks Brad. We had a pretty strong turnout and all had a great time. That's two away wins in a row without Thurston. Maybe some people will lay off about the boys lack of ability without him.

Now for the Titans to win the 6 straight to finish the season.

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 04:27 PM
Thanks Brad. We had a pretty strong turnout and all had a great time. That's two away wins in a row without Thurston. Maybe some people will lay off about the boys lack of ability without him.

Now for the Titans to win the 6 straight to finish the season.

No worries. In my opinion it is something WE should seize and have a strategy club by club to bring all the supporters back and more. People such as yourself are great contacts and ambassadors.

The way to sell out Skilled Park is via a pincer move. Members and Titans fans but also garnering rival fanbases. And of course the event going casual sports fans that are so valuable.

eelectrica
25-07-11, 06:43 PM
I'm at the same end as the legion so from where I was it sounded quite loud. But obviously other parts of the ground don't notice as much.

bigjim
25-07-11, 10:17 PM
If we continue with Prince and Henry in the halves we can go get the spoon now.

That is just my opinion though, never liked Henry when he played for Newcastle.

I must have been watching a different game. I thought Henry played quite well once he got going. I was a bit worried about that first kick that rebounded off the opposition. I thought here we go again, another Prince.

teke
26-07-11, 04:24 AM
I thought Henry was quite ordinary but I could see it wasnt all his fault. He was brought down to the Titans level of attack that is the story of 2011.

Supergoose
26-07-11, 06:51 AM
Henry appeared to have a lot of time on his hands and the game seemed to he moving in slow-motion when he got it. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. All the great players seem to have that time but not sure they all seem to be moving in slow-motion.

Cowboy Titan
29-07-11, 08:04 PM
2/ Cowboy Titan, I can only assume you are a Cowboys forum member. Was there a deal for Cowboys for this game? It doesn't look like there was as I went onto the Cowboys Forum briefly and saw nothing obvious. This amazes me as I have never seen so many away supporters sitting together that weren't in an away bay section I only just noticed your post Shamus.

We normally have two distinct groups at SEQ games. Most from the Cowboys Stampede forum buy tickets in the away supporters bay. There is a separate Cowboys Supporters group that normally do a group booking in a different part of the stadium. I guess they were the group sitting next to you. Not many of this group arer on our forum so there is not much posted about them. They are a very dedicated group who do heaps of fundraising for the club and charities.

I thought we were in for a big turnout when I turned up at the train station and there were Cowboys supporters everywhere.

Cowboy Titan
29-07-11, 08:13 PM
On another matter, can the Legion alter your colours a bit come finals time? It's looking like the Broncos and Cowboys might finish 4th and 5th so we may have a big game at Lang Park in week one of the finals.

Here's my official invitation for the Legion and all other Titans fans to become honorary Cowboys supporters for the day and join us at the game.

DIEHARD
29-07-11, 09:09 PM
On another matter, can the Legion alter your colours a bit come finals time? It's looking like the Broncos and Cowboys might finish 4th and 5th so we may have a big game at Lang Park in week one of the finals.

Here's my official invitation for the Legion and all other Titans fans to become honorary Cowboys supporters for the day and join us at the game.

You just might be the horse many of us ride for the Finals. For me it can never be the Broncos.