PDA

View Full Version : Sonny Bill Williams. WTF???

C-Whiz
11-07-11, 10:24 PM
WTF were channel 9 thinking putting SBW on at half time? Apparently the wanker who runs 9 is a fan. Big whoopdy-f#@$ing-do! The NRL is a eunuch that lets anyone abuse it at will, and it would seem Gyngell and Murdoch must like messing around with Eunuchs.

It was a disgrace, and during the biggest game to the biggest TV audience watching RL. Ive lost any faith in the NRL and channel 9 to convince me that they are standing up to rivals and have RL fans best interests at heart.

GoldCoastTitans100
11-07-11, 10:38 PM
WTF were channel 9 thinking putting SBW on at half time? Apparently the wanker who runs 9 is a fan. Big whoopdy-f#@$ing-do! The NRL is a eunuch that lets anyone abuse it at will, and it would seem Gyngell and Murdoch must like messing around with Eunuchs.

It was a disgrace, and during the biggest game to the biggest TV audience watching RL. Ive lost any faith in the NRL and channel 9 to convince me that they are standing up to rivals and have RL fans best interests at heart.

Not really a big deal, all he done was talk.

It's business nothing to do with NRL.

Coaster
12-07-11, 07:07 AM

It's business nothing to do with NRL.

What ? haha nothing to do with the NRL?
Its the biggest showcase we have, and they are promoting another sport, and a bloke that dragged our code through the mud.

I agree with CWiz, it is a disgrace, the sooner Nine lose the NRL rights the better

Tamwelg
12-07-11, 07:42 AM
Its the biggest showcase we have, and they are promoting another sport, and a bloke that dragged our code through the mud.

I agree with CWiz, it is a disgrace, the sooner Nine lose the NRL rights the better

+1 Cwiz has my vote as well.

Ryan
12-07-11, 07:59 AM

+1 .................

C-Whiz
12-07-11, 08:19 AM

It's business nothing to do with NRL.LMFAO! Not a big deal.... :doh:
Business? For who? Ch 9 weren't broadcasting the Union game, and I don't believe have any rights to the Super Rugby matches at all. In fact, I believe FOX has a 10 year rights package. FOX (Murdoch) is killing RL (for reasons we probably know, but can;t be certain), ch9 is meant to be the NRL (ARL in terms of SOO) shining light, but clearly their interest is not with the best interests of League.

And Andrew Voss needs a good kick up the ar$# for his constant pandering to other codes and specifically code jumpers.

Boofhead
12-07-11, 09:46 AM
And Andrew Voss needs a good kick up the ar$# for his constant pandering to other codes and specifically code jumpers.
Bloke is a ****wit, he does it week in week out on every show and now apparently during SOO.

TITAN PETE
12-07-11, 09:54 AM
LMFAO! Not a big deal.... :doh:
Business? For who? Ch 9 weren't broadcasting the Union game, and I don't believe have any rights to the Super Rugby matches at all. In fact, I believe FOX has a 10 year rights package. FOX (Murdoch) is killing RL (for reasons we probably know, but can;t be certain), ch9 is meant to be the NRL (ARL in terms of SOO) shining light, but clearly their interest is not with the best interests of League.

Couldn't agree more Whiz , Voss is a Tosser & should only be allowed to read from a script :mad:

On SBW that was an absolute joke as the Mundine wannabe should never be interviewed when it involves the Great Game he walked away from :nope:

GoldCoastTitans100
12-07-11, 10:15 AM
LMFAO! Not a big deal.... :doh:

Ch9 meant to be the NRL?, I believe that is Fox Sports.

Ill explain the point i made about business,

1. By having SBW on the halve time show it gained your attention, keeping the number of viewers up.

2. NBN have shared Union world cup rights for 2011 and who is going to play in that comp? SBW.

3. NBN show super 15 (highlights)

Argue away.

DIEHARD
12-07-11, 10:17 AM
I think it is absolutely disgraceful and disrespectful of our biggest night. And Id say that even if it wasn't SBW who trying trashed and hurt our game.

9 is after ratings and profit, we shouldnt let it happen and Im more than disappointed to see little teamwork from 9.

I cant even draw a parralel between other codes and this... because it wouldnt happen. But we just wouldnt see it even if there was a similiar case study.

NRL should take a tough stance on this and also in our next broadcast deal.

DIEHARD
12-07-11, 10:19 AM
I agree with Phil Gould, who threatened to walk off the Sunday Roast a few weeks ago when Vossy continued to talk about AFL. And Phil said they wouldnt offer us the same. True true.

Remember Union is the game that claimed that we would be dead and buried and that they would BUY Rugby League with their 2003 World Cup warchest.

I've got a long memory.

GoldCoastTitans100
12-07-11, 10:36 AM
9 is after ratings and profit,

Yes,
As i said business.

Toads
12-07-11, 11:12 AM
It's unfortunate that a lot of folks get drawn into the politics of sport. As it tends to be negative more often than not, and detracts from the sport itself.

I like both codes (league moreso), and enjoy it for what they are. Last Wednesday and Saturday Nights were testament to that, especially for us Queenslanders!

DIEHARD
12-07-11, 12:17 PM
Well to some it isn't politics, it's history and tradition. And the fact that the two other major football codes both want what we have. I take it seriously.

But more power to those who support both codes or all. Not my cup of tea though.

C-Whiz
12-07-11, 07:11 PM
Ch9 meant to be the NRL?, I believe that is Fox Sports.

Ill explain the point i made about business,

1. By having SBW on the halve time show it gained your attention, keeping the number of viewers up.

2. NBN have shared Union world cup rights for 2011 and who is going to play in that comp? SBW.

3. NBN show super 15 (highlights)

Argue away.
Point 1. Not a single person stayed any longer because SBW was on at half time, you half wit! We stayed watching because we were waiting for the friggin' SOO to start again. The same as I waited all week, all year, for the series to roll around again. SBW was an unwanted distraction from this, and it was cringe-worhty to say the least.

Points 2 & 3. Pffft......

C-Whiz
12-07-11, 07:13 PM
I've got a long memory.IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman. :thumbsup:

Titanic
12-07-11, 08:07 PM
IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman.

but it wouldn't be independent then would it? but gets my vote :laugh:

on topic ... i nearly vomited when I saw that traitorous sheep-shagger associated with an event he could only dream about particpating in.

teke
13-07-11, 12:20 AM
Harden up fellas, it was a 30 second talk. No need to get all emo about it

GoldCoastTitans100
13-07-11, 09:15 AM
Point 1. Not a single person stayed any longer because SBW was on at half time, you half wit! We stayed watching because we were waiting for the friggin' SOO to start again. The same as I waited all week, all year, for the series to roll around again. SBW was an unwanted distraction from this, and it was cringe-worhty to say the least.

Points 2 & 3. Pffft......

1. The fact SBW was on would have kept some people glued to there tv set, and for others they come on forums complain about it put channel 9 in the topic thus giving them free advertisement.

You said pfft to the two main points, is that because they could explain why SBW was on the halve time show lol.

Basicly advertising is worth more when more people are watching so they tried somthing to keep the ratings high. I don't agree with the fact they done this but they should have put a rule in the TV rights deal stopping this type of thing from happening.

C-Whiz
14-07-11, 07:44 AM
1. The fact SBW was on would have kept some people glued to there tv set

You said pfft to the two main points, is that because they could explain why SBW was on the halve time show lol.Yeah mate, you are right, I'm sure most people were just about to switch over from SOO at half time to see what else was on, because it was so boring, but SBW came on at just the right moment and they all sat "glued" to their TV sets. You are a champion, and thank you for explaining it to me. Hard to believe I could be so flippant when it is so obvious to me now. :doh:

GoldCoastTitans100
14-07-11, 09:02 AM
Yeah mate, you are right, I'm sure most people were just about to switch over from SOO at half time to see what else was on, because it was so boring, but SBW came on at just the right moment and they all sat "glued" to their TV sets. You are a champion, and thank you for explaining it to me. Hard to believe I could be so flippant when it is so obvious to me now. :doh:

Never said they would switch over some might leave the room and some might get on the computer.

What was it 2million+ watched it, it seems likely that some people from that 2million would be interested in SBW. Considering the chances are some of them viewers also watch union.

In the end it's business.

Once again why did you say pfft to my points ? They were the main points hah

C-Whiz
14-07-11, 07:54 PM
Once again why did you say pfft to my points ? They were the main points hahMate, I'll be straight up with you; I wrote and re-wrote my comments about a dozen times. I stopped, had a think, and let it slide. And I think my previous comment reflected that.

If you want to ask me again, I'll tell you what I really think. Otherwise, I stand by what I've said, it was a disgrace, shouldn't have happened, was an embarrassment, a distraction, and an unfortunate 30secs of the SOO broadcast.

I'm happy to leave it at that.

GoldCoastTitans100
15-07-11, 09:39 AM
Mate, I'll be straight up with you; I wrote and re-wrote my comments about a dozen times. I stopped, had a think, and let it slide. And I think my previous comment reflected that.

If you want to ask me again, I'll tell you what I really think. Otherwise, I stand by what I've said, it was a disgrace, shouldn't have happened, was an embarrassment, a distraction, and an unfortunate 30secs of the SOO broadcast.

I'm happy to leave it at that.

Alright , we will leave it at that :)

DIEHARD
15-07-11, 03:20 PM
IMO you should be part of the Independant Commission, possibly the chairman. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, that is the ultimate compliment, especially coming from you, someone whose opinion I very much take great value in.

I think Nine have some more enjoyable rugby union cross overs planned for the weeks ahead. :argue: :doh: