PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Reds :)

SunnyCoastTitanFan
10-07-11, 01:29 PM
I just want to congratulate the QLD Reds for winning their first Super Rugby Title last night against Crusaders. I dont usually follow union, however the form of the Reds have kept me interested, and I think it's amazing how far they have come in the last 2 years from being the joke of Super Rugby to Champions. I guess you can't beat that QLD spirit :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
11-07-11, 09:18 PM
Mate, Rugby Union is the father of League, and it's a great game when it's played the way it was meant to be played. Without going to far off topic, the way Union has bogged down with kicking and boring tactics that only look at grinding out a win, is exactly the same path RL is heading down. Fortunately Union has started to adddress this issue with a number of new rules and measures to open it back up and return it to the glory days of running and phase play.

Which brings me to the Reds. They have played a fantastic brand of exciting football, and have weathered the lowest of lows over the past few years. They were an absolute basket case in the sport, and only the hardiest of fans could endure those days. It is easy for people like myself to jump on the bandwagon since they have come good over the past 2 years, but I couldn't bear to even read the sport pages about them 3 years ago.

They should be an inspiration to the Titans, to show that you can be an absolute write off, an embarressment to your fans, your code and yourself, but if you put it behind you, change EVERYTHING that is wrong, and rebuild with a single minded goal of getting back to the top (not avoiding the wooden spoon, but going for gold) you can get to the top of the comp in a few short years.

As Ive said in Mat Rogers thread, the Titans should be looking forward, and ask where they want to be in 2 or 3 years, not what do they need to do to avoid the wooden spoon at the end of a season that is alreadya write off.

Anyway, well done REDS, you guys have shown to all what can be acheived in a very short period of time of you are prepared to be honest and make the changes that are required across the board. :thumbsup: :salute: