PDA

View Full Version : Game II: Aus v SA @ The Gabba

Steve Dangerous
15-01-06, 12:15 AM
Got my tickets for tomorrow! Should be great.

Anybody else going? I can't wait.

DIEHARD
15-01-06, 12:30 AM
You a big cricket fan?

A lot of my friends, including Dennis, who was at the get together, go regularly.

I myself boycott the Gabba. Because they kicked out the greyhounds and play AFL there. :laugh:

Of course at the end of the day, the greyhounds now co-own Albion Park with the harness racing. :thumbsup:

DeeGan
15-01-06, 09:31 AM
I won't be there - too much on for a Sunday for my liking and I am watching the New England Patriots vs Denver Broncos today as well ($100 on the Pats to make it interesting at $2.25 - good bet when your talking about the two time defending champions who have their team back intact).

I look forward to the game and I believe it may be a tighter than anticipated game. Time will tell...will Mike Hussey's ODI average of 150+ be dented? :laugh:

DeeGan

SOLIOLA
15-01-06, 11:41 AM
Should be a good game looking forward to the challenge as always against the proteas.

With star bowler Andre Nel sent back home because of a foot injury i dont think they have that anxiety and fire in the line up.

If ntini comes back to the ODI squad then it might change things but south africa really have to improve on there batting especially.

I reckon the green & gold should have this one covered.

Queenslander
15-01-06, 03:48 PM
We are getting :mine: 6/77 off 21 overs :noidea:

Go_The_Doggies
15-01-06, 04:22 PM
Ahh...SA will win...:D....I did feel sorry for Gilly tho:(

DeeGan
15-01-06, 05:19 PM
6/178 after 42.0 overs.

The best batter in ODI cricket (not Symonds) Mike Hussey is still there on 64 with Brett Lee on 46.

200+ for the boys and on a lively GABBA wicket, we are a big chance to bowl to SA's out.

DeeGan

Research Station Drive
15-01-06, 06:05 PM
Funny Innings at the death from Stuart Clark, anyone else get a laugh out of his slogging? :dizzy:

Titanium_BD1103
15-01-06, 07:59 PM
LOL not really... that is how he bats for the Blues too.. it was funny watching him and Bracken take cheeky single runs though.. :)

Well done to Australia all out for 228 after being 6/77... well done to Hussey and especially to Brett Lee, to get through everything including a sore chin to do so well.. :)

South Africa after 20 overs 3/69... :)

Eel 33
15-01-06, 08:57 PM
Super 1 handed catch by hussey to remove Ashwell Prince. Keep going boys.

Queenslander
15-01-06, 10:24 PM
The rain has now disrupted play with 10 balls left; S.A. only 5 runs from a win!

Social Loafer
15-01-06, 10:35 PM
South Africa win, all that rain delay for just 3 balls....

DeeGan
15-01-06, 11:39 PM
Well deserved win after a marvellous bowling performance.

Hats off AGAIN to that man Hussey and Brett Lee who is the most improved cricketer in world cricket.

DeeGan

Steve Dangerous
16-01-06, 02:03 AM
Had a great day! Pollock, Hussey, Lee, and Boucher all sensational.

How goddamn good was Hussey's catch! The fielding from the Aussies was sensational the entire innings.

Some snaps.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/StevieElliot/gabba1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/StevieElliot/gabba2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/StevieElliot/zond.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/StevieElliot/lee.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/StevieElliot/moon.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/StevieElliot/glenn.jpg

Well done saffies!

Eel 33
16-01-06, 06:21 AM
The Gabba looks a whole lot better now than it did the only time i've been there, back in 96 after the first part of the stadium was completed.

Great photo with the moon Steve.

Go_The_Doggies
16-01-06, 09:39 AM
Ahh...SA will win...:D....I did feel sorry for Gilly tho:(
Looks like i was right all along(again :thumbsup: )
And i said it when Australia were still batting :D

DeeGan
16-01-06, 09:58 AM
Looks like i was right all along(again :thumbsup: )
And i said it when Australia were still batting :D

At 6 wickets down your a true blue Nostradamus :laugh:

DeeGan

Titanium_BD1103
16-01-06, 10:36 AM
What a game.. :)

It was a close one.. but South Africa deserved to win it.. my cousins will all be really happy today... living over there.. ;).. not going anywhere near my email today.. :laugh:

But I thought Hussey's catch was one of the great ones.. he got it with such ease and it was such a difficult catch.... :D

Lee tried his heart out and I have to congratulate him for that.. he was really suffering at the end there.

Overall though it has given us a great series to come.. lets hope SA and SL give us a good match tomorrow and really give this series a run as I think it may need it to ensure it survives next season.. ;)

Super Cronk
16-01-06, 11:13 AM
Great game and great chase by SA. stopping play due to rain was a bit silly tho.

Go_The_Doggies
16-01-06, 12:05 PM
Mr Cricket did a good catch :D man his knee must hurt...he made a chuck of grass come out haha...that catch is deffinitly up there with Matt Sinclaire's catch in 2004 in the chappell hadlee series on the boundry..one handed...*tear* :D

Super Cronk
16-01-06, 12:25 PM
I think that catch is up there with fatty vautins effort a few years back...lol

Steelers
16-01-06, 12:57 PM
Great win by SAF, it was an awesome game to watch. I was going to go to this match but it was sold out (this is the 4th year I have been unable to go to an ODI because of it being sold out). I think we need more games up here. Just look at how popular the game is up here.

I think that catch is up there with fatty vautins effort a few years back...lol
That was one of the great catches :laugh:

Steve Dangerous
16-01-06, 01:10 PM
(this is the 4th year I have been unable to go to an ODI because of it being sold out).

lol wouldn't you realise you need to get your tickets early by now.

Steelers
16-01-06, 03:41 PM
lol wouldn't you realise you need to get your tickets early by now.

yeah but they sell out earlier every year :p

SOLIOLA
16-01-06, 04:44 PM
Great catch by hussey but unlucky we didnt get home

Our first loss in a while and we will get back up from it

Well done aussies

Steve Dangerous
16-01-06, 05:28 PM
Our first loss in a while and we will get back up from it

oooh not true. we've now lost 2 of our past three ODI's!

SOLIOLA
16-01-06, 07:29 PM
Oops yeah sorry i forgot about new zealand

I keep thinking we wiped them off the floor

Go_The_Doggies
16-01-06, 07:32 PM
Oops yeah sorry i forgot about new zealand

I keep thinking we wiped them off the floor
:!:
You only wiped us off the floor in game 1 :box:
How can you forget about us..we got a world record...NZ dont do that much :D

Steve Dangerous
16-01-06, 07:33 PM
Gilly's being 'rested' for the next couple of games. Plus being fined for dissent.

Hadden to play.

SOLIOLA
17-01-06, 01:54 AM
:!:
You only wiped us off the floor in game 1 :box:
How can you forget about us..we got a world record...NZ dont do that much :D

Just look at the last test against south africa

Aussies had to chase a pretty difficult score of 278 or something and that was in a test on the last day. Don't think many teams would have done that or even had a shot at winning the game and most would have chosen the option to draw the match as it is a fair result.

And what is going on in the India vs Pakistan game has that test just become a run scoring frenzy or something.

Go_The_Doggies
17-01-06, 12:56 PM
And what is going on in the India vs Pakistan game has that test just become a run scoring frenzy or something.
Totally India are like...400 and something for none :!:
Last time i heard they only needed 10 more runs to get the worlds best partnership