PDA

View Full Version : Round 18: New Zealand Warriors vs Gold Coast Titans

Boofhead
27-06-11, 07:01 PM
New Zealand Warriors vs Gold Coast Titans
FRIDAY JUL 08 | 6:30pm - Mt. Smart Stadium

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/warriorsvstitans-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/warriors.gif
Kevin Locke, Bill Tupou, Lewis Brown, Shaun Berrigan, Manu Vatuvei, James Maloney, Shaun Johnson, Russell Packer, Aaron Heremaia, Jacob Lillyman, Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering (c), Micheal Luck. Interchange (from): Lance Hohaia, Sam Rapira, Ben Matulino, Elijah Taylor, Steve Rapira.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/titans.jpg
1 Jordan Rankin
2 Steve Michaels
3 Clinton Toopi
4 Esi Tonga
5 David Mead
6 William Zillman
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Michael Henderson
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew White
15 Brenton Lawrence
16 Greg Bird
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Luke O'Dwyer

thelwall
27-06-11, 08:35 PM
Boys please please just at least show signs of improvement im a teenager and im turning gray cause of yous

DIEHARD
27-06-11, 10:44 PM
Never an easy trip to Auckland. But we did have a famous victory over there last year. I hope we can repeat it.

DIEHARD
27-06-11, 10:57 PM
Warriors halfback Brett Seymour ruled out for four weeks after breaking hand against Melbourne Storm

Warriors halfback Brett Seymour's horror run with injuries has continued with the playmaker ruled out for up to a month after breaking a bone in his right hand during Sunday's 16-8 loss to Melbourne Storm.

Seymour was making his return in the Storm clash after being sidelined for a month with a cheekbone fracture.

The Warriors have the bye this weekend followed by home games against Gold Coast Titans and Canterbury-Bankstown.

The best case scenario for Seymour at this stage is he would be available for the round-20 clash with South Sydney on July 24.

Promising young halfback Shaun Johnson is again expected to take the No.7 jersey in Seymour's absence for the ninth-placed Warriors.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

redwine10
28-06-11, 06:20 AM
It will be the same old thing.....the definition of insanity.

"Pick the same people week after week and expect a different result."

Titanic
28-06-11, 09:36 AM
And here's another one: "paying to watch players under-perform who are paid without penalty to do so".

GoldCoastTitans100
28-06-11, 06:28 PM
1. William Zillman
2. Shannon Walker
3. Marshall Chalk
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead
6. Luke Capewell
7. Mat Rogers
8. Luke Bailey
9. Matt Srama
10. Bodene Thompson
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Greg Bird
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Michael Henderson
15. Ben Ridge
16. Anthony Laffranchi
17. Jordan Rankin

Boofhead
28-06-11, 06:42 PM
Have to doubt Harro and Birdie backing up for NZ on a Friday after origin.

1. Zillman
2. Tonga
3. Toopi
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Rogers
7. Prince (c)
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Ridge

14. White
15. Lawrence
16. Thompson
17. O'Dwyer

SunnyCoastTitanFan
28-06-11, 08:12 PM
I've noticed that we always put in a stronger effort against the top teams (bar the game v storm), but I don't know what to make of the warriors. Just hope our good record at mt smart continues, they are definitely capable but then again that could have been said about us before every game this year. My prediction for this game is maybe a 20-18 win, zillman to bag a double, and prince to convert from the sideline to win us the game. Well here's hoping anyway.:thumbsup:

karnage
28-06-11, 09:54 PM
Ol' custard legs would need a fair wind at his back to convert one from the sideline the way he was striking them against the Sharks...

SunnyCoastTitanFan
29-06-11, 10:56 PM
Ol' custard legs would need a fair wind at his back to convert one from the sideline the way he was striking them against the Sharks...

Yeh true, but he almost got one last week, which fell a little short lol. Or maybe Matty Rogers will be kicking them. :thumbsup:

Titanic
30-06-11, 01:08 PM
Yeh true, but he almost got one last week, which fell a little short lol. Or maybe Matty Rogers will be kicking them. :thumbsup:

Bloody deceptive ... I watched it off the boot, raced out to take a leak thinking it was over then beat up my wife when she told me he'd missed ... don't worry, she'd been asking for it anyway (since Origin 2).

TITAN PETE
05-07-11, 11:10 AM
Warriors: Kevin Locke, Bill Tupou, Lewis Brown, Shaun Berrigan, Manu Vatuvei, James Maloney, Shaun Johnson, Russell Packer, Aaron Heremaia, Jacob Lillyman, Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering (c), Micheal Luck. Interchange (from): Lance Hohaia, Sam Rapira, Ben Matulino, Elijah Taylor, Steve Rapira.

TITAN PETE
05-07-11, 11:10 AM
Very Strong looking Warriors side..

TITAN PETE
05-07-11, 11:12 AM
Luck back for Warriors in Titans NRL game

AAP Tue, Jul 05, 2011 - 11:54 AM

Loose forward Micheal Luck and prop Sam Rapira will return from injury for the Warriors in Friday night's NRL clash with Gold Coast.

Luck is set to make his 208th appearance and Rapira his 111th in the first of the club's back-to-back Friday night matches in Auckland, the second of them against Canterbury on July 15.

Luck was set to be sidelined for up to eight weeks after partially dislocating the patella in his left knee during the June 12 loss to Wests Tigers but has recovered quicker than expected.

Rapira has been out of action for two months after dislocating his left thumb in the opening minute of the Kiwis' Anzac Test against Australia.

He needed surgery and is one of five players named on the interchange bench along with his younger brother Steve, with the pair yet to play together in the NRL.

"It's obviously a big positive for us having such experienced players like Lucky and Sam coming back from their injuries," Warriors' coach Ivan Cleary said on Tuesday.

"Lucky has come back quicker than initially thought, while Sam has worked hard to recover from his thumb injury."

Also returning are fullback Kevin Locke and rookie halfback Shaun Johnson as the Warriors, fresh from a bye last weekend, look to end a four-match losing streak.

Locke, who missed the 16-8 loss to Melbourne with a knee injury, is back in the No.1 jersey, with Lance Hohaia moving to the bench, while Johnson will make his fourth NRL appearance, replacing the injured Brett Seymour.

With Luck making his comeback, Elijah Taylor is included on the bench with captain Simon Mannering and Feleti Mateo starting in the second row.

Prop Jacob Lillyman, who turns out for Queensland in Wednesday night's State of Origin decider, will make his 50th appearance on Friday for the Warriors if he comes through fit to play.

Boofhead
05-07-11, 12:30 PM
Very Strong looking Warriors side..

Not wrong, probably the strongest I have seen for a long time.

teke
05-07-11, 12:33 PM
I have a bad feeling about this game :ugh:

Boofhead
05-07-11, 12:39 PM
I have a bad feeling about this game :ugh:

I just hope Bailey is fit...

Boofhead
05-07-11, 01:09 PM
Toopi to reach 150 games against former club
Adam Gardini | 5/07/2011 1:36:45 PM

Former Kiwi International Clinton Toopi will play his landmark 150th NRL match against his old club when the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans travel across the Tasman for Friday night’s clash against the New Zealand Warriors at Mount Smart Stadium.

Toopi, 31, was today named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright in an extended 18-man squad which also includes the club’s State of Origin representatives in Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird.

Dual International Mat Rogers was not included in the 18-man squad but Cartwright said the 35-year-old was still likely to travel to New Zealand to be involved with the team.

Reaching the 150 game milestone is a significant achievement for Toopi, who thought his professional rugby league career may have been over when he left the UK Super League in 2008 before being given a lifeline by the Jetstar Titans for the 2010 season.

Since then the Mt Wellington Warriors junior has revived his career to play 21 NRL games for the club and although he is unsure whether this year will be his last at the top, he is determined to make the most of every minute.

“So many players only get a limited opportunity and I’m just thankful. Playing back home playing against the Warriors, it’s kind of fitting in a way,’’ said Toopi as he and the rest of the Jetstar Titans squad joined 300 kids for a Kids 2 Kangaroos Coaching Clinic at Pizzey Park, Miami today.

“We’ve had a few boys that have had milestones this year and a lot of players look at it and think it’s not a big deal. But when you finish, it is something that means something, playing in the toughest game in the world and accomplishing something like that is definitely special.

“I just wish I had the mindset that I do now when I first started out.’’

Toopi, who played 22 Test for New Zealand from 2001-07, said it was nice feeling to be reaching the milestone in front of a huge contingent of family and friends ranging from his parents to childhood school mates.

“They’ve already started racking up tickets. I think it’ll be a bit of a battle with (fellow New Zealand born) Bodene Thompson so we’ll see what happens with the tickets.’’

Cartwright said he was happy for Toopi to be reaching the milestone on his former home turf and hoped that he would step up a notch against his old club.

“I’m glad to be able to do that for him, especially over in NZ. He’ll have a lot of family over there and it’s the club where it all started for him,’’ said Cartwright.

“You tend to get the guys that come out of the Warriors, they go back there and they go up a notch so we’re hoping Toops does that this week.’’

JETSTAR TITANS v NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
Friday, July 8 | 8.30pm (NZ TIME), 6.30pm (AEST), Mount Smart Stadium

1 Jordan Rankin
2 Steve Michaels
3 Clinton Toopi
4 Esi Tonga
5 David Mead
6 William Zillman
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Michael Henderson
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew White
15 Brenton Lawrence
16 Greg Bird
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Luke O'Dwyer

TITANS NYC TEAM v WARRIORS

1 Shaun Carney
2 Lausii Taliauli
3 Japeth Vaoa
4 Hymel Hunt
5 Blake Anderson
6 Alec Jones
7 Matt Beddow
8 Luke Page
9 Sam Irwin
10 Sam Ross
11 Nick Harold
12 Jackson Springer
13 Sam Martin
INTERCHANGE
14 Lain Windley
15 Dylan Hartin
16 Sam Saville
17 Sam Meskell

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=38816&title=toopi-to-reach-150-games-against-former-club

Boofhead
05-07-11, 01:20 PM
Not another milestone!

MJF
05-07-11, 02:21 PM
Why is Michaels still in the team - his form has been diabolical

Smakked
05-07-11, 03:09 PM
Good to see them keep Lawrence in

matti
05-07-11, 03:57 PM
i like rankin but better of the bench not at the start

Ryan
05-07-11, 04:38 PM
Not another milestone!
They had to mention it didn't they :nope:

GoldCoastTitans100
05-07-11, 06:10 PM
I just hope at the last second Rogers moves to FE, Zillman to FB and Rankin on the bench.

Coaster
05-07-11, 06:25 PM
Legion Podcast is up for this round

Audio version (http://www.titanslegion.com/LegionTalk/TitansR18_2011.mp3)

Have a dig at the boys, have a massive rip at Rothfield, and look at the Rat the Warriors and heaps of other stuff.

Enjoy
Coaster

DIEHARD
05-07-11, 10:05 PM
Wow scary Warriors team. It's going to be quite a match!

I'm excited about Rankin at #1 in the absence of Campbell.

Not long now only a couple of days until kick off. Very unusual to have a Warriors game on a Friday night. Might be rather cold over there.

Our boys will need to be on red alert, because the Warriors will be out to pound us.

Once again I hope Ash and Greg come out of Origin well.

Rage
05-07-11, 10:58 PM
I wonder which will count for more: the dreaded milestone curse or the morale boost of Rogers. Either way, it'll be good to see how Rankin handles a starting spot

Smakked
06-07-11, 12:48 AM
WEll if we loose i hope it is only a few points andnot get flogged :|

Mushi
06-07-11, 07:26 AM
Fingers crossed Birdy and Harro get through tonights game unscathed - think we may need them come friday night against a strong warriors outfit!
Bloody milestones - really, I think we should NOT harp on them until after the game is played - they are like a curse!!!!!!!
Would be nice to get a much needed win on NZ soil on Friday night - lets hope!!!!!

Mushi
06-07-11, 02:50 PM
Rogers in rapid return

MAT Rogers remains in the frame for a remarkable NRL comeback with Titans coach John Cartwright yesterday confirming the veteran would be "on the plane" to New Zealand on Thursday.

While he was not named in Cartwright's extended 18-man team to take on the Warriors in Auckland on Friday night, Rogers will travel across the Tasman just days after his first official training session with the Titans on Monday. With nine Titans players potentially unavailable through injury and representative duty, Cartwright hinted Rogers might find himself making an immediate return to the NRL less than a week after coming out of retirement.

"He looks like he hasn't been away and he's feeling good so I wouldn't rule anything out," Cartwright said.

"We've got to be guided by him. If he feels up to it then we'll make a decision.

"Mat has played the game for 20 years so if he tells me he's 100 per cent I'm not going to be the one to argue with him."

If pitched into battle against New Zealand, the 35-year-old would finally join the illustrious 200-game club which eluded him late last season. For the Titans' inaugural Hall of Famer, the achievement would be a just reward for a man Cartwright said was the very essence of mental strength.

Cartwright said he appreciated the gamble Rogers was willing to take.

"He had a tremendous career and went out on a great note," he said. "He loves the game and he loves the club and so is doing it for the right reasons. It's the intensity of the game and the intensity of contact where he'll be found out if he is."

Another comeback king who's mastered the art of survival is New Zealand international Clinton Toopi, who will step out for his 150th NRL match on Friday night. Cast into rugby league wilderness in 2008 after three seasons at Leeds, the Titans handed Toopi a lifeline in 2010.

He played himself back into first grade contention and soon repaid the club's faith by fixing their defensive leaks at left centre.
Your Say

Pencilled in for a role with the club's Polynesian youth next term, Cartwright said Toopi deserved his milestone.

"I'm glad to be able to do that for Toops," Cartwright said. "It's against the club where it all started for him and he's got a lot of family over there. You tend to find guys coming out of the Warriors go back there and go up a notch and hopefully Toops does that."

Source: www.goldcoast.com.au/sport.html

Rage
06-07-11, 04:20 PM
Hmm if Rogers plays, that's two milestones we have to worry about...

TITAN PETE
06-07-11, 04:41 PM
Hmm if Rogers plays, that's two milestones we have to worry about...

Why is there any worry :surprise:

If the Rat plays well done for his 200th & congrats to Toops for his 150th but I don't have a worry about either just cheer the both of them on :thumbsup:

Titanic
07-07-11, 08:47 AM
Stop fretting ... they'll both cancel each other out and it'll be sweet.

Mt Smart
07-07-11, 12:44 PM
Hi Titans Fans,

You couldn't have hoped for a better time to play at MT smart with all the Ivan CLeary Ructions its not been a happy time for fans and players.
Most of us want Cleary gone to be honest. Things sound pretty grim for you guys as well reading the forum. Major issue fans have with Cleary is now that Manu is under performing there is no back up plan.
Krisnan Inu not being picked is just madness he's been our best back this year.
How good is Nathan Friend guys ? its a serious question, ive liked what i've seen (which isn't a great deal ) some fans think he is a waste of money im not one.
This is an ideal deal time to keep your Bogey over the Warriors at home good luck enjoy the game i wont be heart broken if we lose the thing is it might speed up Ivan's departure

TITAN PETE
07-07-11, 01:35 PM
Hi Titans Fans,

You couldn't have hoped for a better time to play at MT smart with all the Ivan CLeary Ructions its not been a happy time for fans and players.
Most of us want Cleary gone to be honest. Things sound pretty grim for you guys as well reading the forum. Major issue fans have with Cleary is now that Manu is under performing there is no back up plan.
Krisnan Inu not being picked is just madness he's been our best back this year.
How good is Nathan Friend guys ? its a serious question, ive liked what i've seen (which isn't a great deal ) some fans think he is a waste of money im not one.
This is an ideal deal time to keep your Bogey over the Warriors at home good luck enjoy the game i wont be heart broken if we lose the thing is it might speed up Ivan's departure

By round 2 next year all your supporters will realise how good he is but if he's not wanted we'll have him back ;)

TITAN PETE
07-07-11, 02:44 PM
Warriors v Titans preview

NRL.com Wed, Jul 06, 2011 - 2:30 PM

Mt Smart Stadium
Friday 8.30pm (NZ Time)

Ummmmm… has anyone around here seen the Warriors? No, not the imposter version that has lost four in a row… the other one – the team most thought would be pushing for a top-four berth rather than the current unit struggling to stay in tough with the top eight.

The ‘good’ Warriors side has been in hibernation for more than a month and now they have lost their coach to the Panthers next season… will we ever see them back to their best?

If they want to play finals football in 2011 the resurgence better start now because if they fall to the last-placed Titans it’s going to be a much harder battle to climb back.

The home side have fallen to ninth on the ladder and although refreshed from the bye last week they have been poor in losses to the Roosters, Wests Tigers, Cowboys and Storm in recent times.

They will be sweating on the ability of prop Jacob Lillyman to back up after the Origin decider.

Halfback Brett Seymour’s cruel run with injury continues; he is out, replaced by Shaun Johnson.

In a plus, Kevin Locke returns at fullback, pushing Lance Hohaia to the bench while Feleti Mateo grabs back his starting spot in the second row at the expense of Steve Rapira who hits the pine.

Micheal Luck also returns to the side at lock, pushing Elijah Taylor to the bench, with Sione Lousi and Alehana Mara missing out.

The Titans are also fresh off the bye but haven’t tasted much success lately either. They have lost their past two including getting mauled by the Sharks on the Gold Coast in their last match.

They need to win just about every game left this season to have a chance at finals… at least you can still dream Titans fans.

Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison will need to get through Origin to line up in Auckland.

In a boost, Luke Bailey returns at prop, allowing Mark Minichiello to return to the second row with Bird slated to inject off the bench.

Ben Ridge is out of the side with Bodene Thompson and Luke O’Dwyer coming onto an extended bench.

Former Warrior Clinton Toopi is set to play his 150th NRL game.

Watch Out Warriors: You’d be hard pressed to find a prouder player in the NRL than Luke Bailey and after a few weeks off due to injury and a bye you can be sure ‘Bull’ will be champing at the bit to get out and bust some heads… legally of course.

Bailey is a no-nonsense prop who could easily have been donning sky Blue for this year’s Origin series had he not retired from the rep scene. The veteran is averaging 131 metres each game and more than 31 tackles. He is still tackling at an impressive 91.7 per cent effectiveness despite his size. Seeing his side at the foot of the ladder is like a red rag to this bull.

Danger Sign: While he doesn’t produce it often the Warriors should be wary of the odd offload from Bailey. As a junior he was a skilled back and still has a bit of ball-playing blood left in him. The Warriors need to also watch Toopi who will be up for a blinder against his former club, as well as Anthony Laffranchi who has scored in five of his past seven matches against the Warriors.

Watch Out Titans: A kicking barrage is coming. In a season of reshuffles the Titans now have young Jordan Rankin at fullback and it will be the signal for the Warriors to delve into their kicking ****nal.

The Titans have leaked the most tries from the boot in the NRL with 17 so far this year – that’s more than one a game. The Warriors have scored 11 from kicks, the seventh most.

Danger Sign: Watch for the Warriors to send plenty of kicks to Manu Vatuvei’s wing as well. The mountain of a man has put up some amazing numbers against the Titans. He has contributed eight of 32 tries – that’s one quarter! All except one of those have come from the past five times he’s played against them and he averages more runs (14) against the Gold Coast than any other team.

Plays To Watch: Matt Srama having a dart from close; Laffranchi hitting hard lines close to the Warriors’ tryline; Mateo’s offloads, Hohaia’s speed injection from the bench lifting the match tempo.

Where It Will Be Won: Completions. The Titans haven’t been able to get into the grind of matches this year and their time has run out so you can expect they’ll throw a little caution to the wind. This could be the catalyst to a win but only if they maintain a fair share of possession. They will have to cut down errors and make the passes stick.

For the Warriors it will be about not falling into the Titans’ trap. If they open up with a Feleti Mateo-style offload-every-chance-you-get attitude they will be giving the Titans a shot. If they instead knuckle down early, make the most of Titans mistakes and camp in good field position, then they should be well on their way to victory.

Once in the green zone Mateo and co can attack at will. But they must be boring before breathtaking.

The History: Played 9; Warriors 3, Titans 6. The Warriors pounded the Titans 34-14 earlier this season on the Gold Coast stopping the Titans’ six-game winning streak against them. There have been three previous matches at Mt Smart Stadium with the Titans ahead 2-1. The Titans enjoy a better winning percentage over the Warriors than any other opponent (67 per cent). Against all opponents the Warriors have won 12 of 15 recent night home games while the past four games at the venue have been decided by single figures.

Conclusion: The Warriors haven’t won in an age and we are yet to really see how coach Cleary’s decision to jump ship next year has affected them – but they still are heavily favoured to take care of the Titans.

There is no concrete reason to suspect an upset here… but stranger things have happened.

Match Officials: Referees – Gavin Badger & Adam Devcich; Touch Judges – Steve Carrall & Adam Reid; Video Ref – Pat Reynolds.

Televised: Channel Nine – Delayed 7.30pm (Qld); Delayed 9.30pm (NSW); Fox Sports – Delayed 1am.

Mt Smart
07-07-11, 06:23 PM
By round 2 next year all your supporters will realise how good he is but if he's not wanted we'll have him back ;)
Gee sounds Like the Club shouldn't have let him go

Titanic
07-07-11, 09:11 PM

No worries bro, she's sweet, we've got Generation Next in Matty Srama :)

SunnyCoastTitanFan
07-07-11, 09:43 PM

Well as one of my favorite players it's sad to see him go, but he is over 30 now, and I think the clubs decision not to resign him was so they can develop the younger home grown talent such as Matty Srama.

But as a player, friend always gives 110%, and has topped the tackle count for the last couple of seasons running along with Michael Luck, so he would be a great signing from a Warriors perspective. Plus I'd rate him in the top 3 hookers in the comp behind Cam Smith and Robbie Farah.

TitansFan2020
08-07-11, 08:10 AM
THE RAT IS BACK!!! hes playing off the bench :D

thelwall
08-07-11, 10:04 AM
matt rogers WILL play tonight off the bench .... bird is out and so is tonga ......

Jordan Rankin, Steve Michaels, Clinton Toopi, TBC, David Mead, William Zillman, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange (from): Matt White, Brenton Lawrence, Bodene Thompson, Luke O'Dwyer, Mat Rogers, Dominique Peyroux.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-07-11, 03:43 PM
matt rogers WILL play tonight off the bench .... bird is out and so is tonga ......

Jordan Rankin, Steve Michaels, Clinton Toopi, TBC, David Mead, William Zillman, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Michael Henderson, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange (from): Matt White, Brenton Lawrence, Bodene Thompson, Luke O'Dwyer, Mat Rogers, Dominique Peyroux.

So with Tonga out, do u reckon Bodene will start at cenrtre, or will Dom Peyroux get a run?

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-07-11, 05:35 PM
And of course there is no live radio streaming for this game :rolleyes: which really disappoints obsessive fanatics like myself who cant wait an hour lol

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-07-11, 05:38 PM
Is anyone going to be discussing the game live? or should spoilers be avoided

Titanic
08-07-11, 05:44 PM
guys I'm watching but do you want comments or not?

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-07-11, 05:49 PM
guys I'm watching but do you want comments or not?

Well I don't mind any comments

Toads
08-07-11, 05:50 PM
I can't say for sure, but I'd tend to think it'd be alright to talk about the live game in this thread, considering that's what the thread is about.

It's when it spills over into other unrelated threads/topics. Is when it becomes a problem. Hopefully a Admin/Mod may elaborate more. :)

Titanic
08-07-11, 05:51 PM
Ok ... I'm holding on for guidance.

Titanic
08-07-11, 05:52 PM
Thompson started in the centres ... Rogers on the bench.

gotitans101
08-07-11, 06:03 PM
I checked the score because I couldn't be ****ed waiting for the 9 telecast.

Won't say anything more.

Titanic
08-07-11, 06:05 PM
p!ssing down rain ... Rogers about to come on.

Titanic
08-07-11, 06:17 PM
half time ... :-|

Titanic
08-07-11, 06:51 PM
hopeless hopeless hopeless

gotitans101
08-07-11, 06:59 PM
***SPOILER***

same ol' story by the look of it. Falling apart in the final 20 minutes of the game.

Titanic
08-07-11, 07:00 PM
and the first 20

Boofhead
08-07-11, 07:14 PM
On the bright side, if there is any... Rogers kicking game was excellent.

Don't quite know how we went out of that game so easily, we were in it, 5 mins later we weren't.

Feck.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-07-11, 07:30 PM
More of the same...... Again. It's either we can score points but can't get quality possession or defend, or we get the field possession and we are clueless in attack and we can't hold the ball. Tonight was the latter, and I could maybe understand if it was against the dragons or storm, but the warriors are in terrible form. Well we are now one loss away from being mathematically impossible, so maybe just maybe if we could somehow go undefeated we could make the finals lol

Titanic
08-07-11, 07:38 PM
can't even raise a smile :-( turned over to watch Wests/Parra and too depressed watching teams actually playing like teams.

karnage
08-07-11, 08:18 PM
We had enough footy in good field position to win 2 games and all we managed was a try from a kick.

Pathetic really.

It just seems so ridiculous to have Rogers out on the field. I feel this even more strongly now than I did before the game. He's not in the plans for this year so by playing him all we are doing is extending the problems of 2011 into 2012.

Neutral fans in QLD must have been wishing they could have watched the other game...

Toads
08-07-11, 08:35 PM
The boys looked pretty good tonight, in my opinion. Completing sets on a wet paddock, Rogers proved he had good placement with his boot and Prince played a lot better with less pressure on him. Srama had another good game (apart from last intercept). Toopi and Thompson stood out from the pack.

Only thing that sucked was the scoreboard, once again. But in general, the lads game was a lot more tidier than what we've been used to this year, and we kept the Warriors on the back foot, for a good part of the game. Something we haven't done to any team for some time now.

I don't want to put the mocka on em, or sound like a biased fan. But I honestly do think we might be turning the corner here, with tonights game. :)

eelectrica
08-07-11, 08:35 PM
Story of the Titans season. Plenty of ball inside the opposition 20 with barely a clue what to do with it.

The effort was there this time, execution still no where to be found.

Just heard the ABC interview with John Cartwright he said Matt Rogers was an assistant coach as much as anything. Actually rattled off about a thousand roles.

If Matt stays on next year as an assistant coach, I think it's worth it. Playout the rest of the season and maybe on the field identify what the hell has gone wrong.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
08-07-11, 09:03 PM
can't even raise a smile :-( turned over to watch Wests/Parra and too depressed watching teams actually playing like teams.

Well that game was of the same quality and ironically the same score

karnage
08-07-11, 09:48 PM
Well that game was of the same quality and ironically the same score

Just came here to say the same thing.:thumbsup:

I thought the Tigers were genuine title contenders at the start of this season but they are looking as clueless as we are...

Mt Smart
08-07-11, 09:54 PM
Got a soft spot for the Titans second favorite team in the NRL I thought Badger didn't help your cause much tonight.
A pretty average performance by both teams, neither are playing as a team, i was very surprised that Manu's wing wasn't targeted this time around....he is still out of positions and out of form, worked well for Mead last time.
Take heart guys your Squad is horendously depleted, We had all most a full strength Squad and had no legit excuse.

GoldCoastTitans100
08-07-11, 10:24 PM
Terrible, just terrible !
Rogers is just class, the only good thing about the game was watching him play.

Chaos
08-07-11, 11:00 PM
Only thing that sucked was the scoreboard, once again. But in general, the lads game was a lot more tidier than what we've been used to this year, and we kept the Warriors on the back foot, for a good part of the game.

Rogers kicking game looked promising at first but he ended up over-kicking because the Titans don't have anything else.

The only reason Warriors seemed like they were on the back foot is because they kept handing possession over.
Titans don't know what to do with the ball...poor decoy runners and no play maker taking the line on.

Same old story and poor old Carty doesn't know what to do

GoldCoastTitans100
08-07-11, 11:02 PM

Change the team a little :D

Steelers
08-07-11, 11:29 PM
One can only imagine where the Titans would be had Rogers been in the 6 from Round 1...

Titanic
08-07-11, 11:30 PM
Just came here to say the same thing.:thumbsup:

I thought the Tigers were genuine title contenders at the start of this season but they are looking as clueless as we are...

As I said, I turned over saw a great try some, excellent defence and turned it off ... couldn't stand it. I've never rated them or the Eels for that matter but I certainly rated our blokes. Rogers really should be just helping coaching ... our season's shot and he's played his 200th now.

teke
09-07-11, 01:08 AM
Got a soft spot for the Titans second favorite team in the NRL I thought Badger didn't help your cause much tonight.
A pretty average performance by both teams, neither are playing as a team, i was very surprised that Manu's wing wasn't targeted this time around....he is still out of positions and out of form.God bless Manu, he is great to watch even out of form :laugh:

teke
09-07-11, 01:10 AM
The boys looked pretty good tonight, in my opinion. Completing sets on a wet paddock, Rogers proved he had good placement with his boot and Prince played a lot better with less pressure on him. Srama had another good game (apart from last intercept). Toopi and Thompson stood out from the pack.

Only thing that sucked was the scoreboard, once again. But in general, the lads game was a lot more tidier than what we've been used to this year, and we kept the Warriors on the back foot, for a good part of the game. Something we haven't done to any team for some time now.

I don't want to put the mocka on em, or sound like a biased fan. But I honestly do think we might be turning the corner here, with tonights game. :)I agree I thought that was one of the Titans better performances of the year. If they improve on it I think they will compete quite well with the donkeys on a dry track.

Supergoose
09-07-11, 08:51 AM
At least it was better than the Titans V Panthers or Titans V Rabbitohs. We really have nothing in attack and without James or Bird we really looked quite impotent. Agree that Thompson was great but Toopi was just erratic. Rogers was solid which is more than can he said for most. We are missing a halfback to Marshall our forwards. Our backrow has been off all year with very little energy. Rankin looked okay out there. Zillman should play fullback or wing only, I've seen enough to suggest he is not a half and for Rogers to come on and take control like he did shows Zillman is not up to the task.

Mead was serviceable but I'm afraid it's time for Michaels to be dropped, his defence is terrible and he offers little in attack. Surely when Tomane cones back he or Tonga would be better on the wing or let's see how Vickery or heaven forbid Walker goes out there.

The props all played well without being anything special and O'Dwyer seemed solid off the bench, but we don't have any game breakers, which is a concern. Mini is one but he was quiet (often is away from home) and Thompson looks like he has the potential to be one but not sure centre is his go. We need a shake up. Throw all the pieces in the air and see what come down. As good as Lawrence, Henderson, Laffranchi, Bailey and White went tonight Prince still looked rushed and disorganised. What is our plan to breach the defensive line?

Titan2007DH
09-07-11, 09:40 AM
Rogers kicking game looked promising at first but he ended up over-kicking because the Titans don't have anything else.

The only reason Warriors seemed like they were on the back foot is because they kept handing possession over.
Titans don't know what to do with the ball...poor decoy runners and no play maker taking the line on.

Decoy running is ridiculous. Most of the time if they passed it to the decoy runner they would be over the line! I wouldnt call it 'poor decoy runners', its more poor distribution of the ball, poor handling, poor teamwork and anything else you would care to blame it on. As much as I hate to admit, when I saw Bailey slowly make his way onto the field, I knew then it was over before the start. Just looked disinterested. :mad:

matti
09-07-11, 10:54 AM
rankin at b, he had some energy!

Smakked
09-07-11, 11:56 AM
I dont know what to say, we were a little better but had no intensity. Same old plays which all the nrl know and they stop it easy. I can not see us winning another game all year.

On another Note : GO THE REDS!!

Toads
09-07-11, 03:34 PM
On another Note : GO THE REDS!!

I'm heading to Suncorp, within the hour. :D

I was hoping for the trifecta this week. The Maroons got up, but the Titan's didn't deliver. Now it's the Reds turn, Though the odds are stacked against em.

Maybe next Friday night the Titan's can shake the Suncorp hoodoo and get a win against the Broncos. :)

bigjim
10-07-11, 12:25 AM
Same ol, same ol.

I don't know what offensive patterns they are practicing but whatever they are there not working.

Really can't expect anything better, afterall the coach is NSW assistant coach. Has to explain a lot.:boo:

SunnyCoastTitanFan
10-07-11, 12:04 PM
I'd love to see Prince take the line on more, he's always dangerous when he does, I think I remember him almost getting through at one point during this game, but then it looked like he stopped, as though he didn't expect to, then lost his confidence, and was covered easily by the defence.

Overall I don't think we really looked that bad, it was a definite improvement from the last couple of weeks, it was just our final execution which let us down. Had Laffranchi been able to ground that ball early in the game, I think that would have done a lot to help the teams confidence, plus the Warriors also got a couple of lucky tries. I hope Tomane is back next week, we really need his ability under the high ball, and I thought Rat was very impressive, he definitely took some pressure off Princey, should be better next week with a game under his belt.

Titan Dad
10-07-11, 01:04 PM
I'd love to see Prince take the line on more, he's always dangerous when he does, I think I remember him almost getting through at one point during this game, but then it looked like he stopped, as though he didn't expect to, then lost his confidence, and was covered easily by the defence.

Overall I don't think we really looked that bad, it was a definite improvement from the last couple of weeks, it was just our final execution which let us down. Had Laffranchi been able to ground that ball early in the game, I think that would have done a lot to help the teams confidence, plus the Warriors also got a couple of lucky tries. I hope Tomane is back next week, we really need his ability under the high ball, and I thought Rat was very impressive, he definitely took some pressure off Princey, should be better next week with a game under his belt.

You are on the money in everything you said.,.:eyebrows: