PDA

View Full Version : Knights to let Hagan go

Super Cronk
13-01-06, 04:13 PM
ABC.net.au

The Newcastle Knights have announced that coach Michael Hagan is about to embark on his last season with the club.

In a statement released on Friday the Knights confirmed that Hagan's current contract would not be renewed when it expired at the end of the 2006 season.

Hagan now looks set to move to Parramatta, with the Eels formally offering him a contract for 2007 and beyond.

Knights chairman Michael Tyler said the decision was taken after considering a personal request from Hagan.

"The Knights Board had previously indicated they would not make a decision on Michael's future until mid-season," he said.

"That decision was brought forward to today, at the request of Michael who informed the Knights board he had received an offer from another NRL club and asked for an answer on his future.

"Under those circumstances, the board made their decision not to extend the current contract.

"I would like to add, however, that Michael's contribution to the club has been an outstanding one."

Hagan played 111 first grade games for the Knights and returned to coach reserve grade in 2000.

He took over the first grade helm in 2001 and guided the Knights to the premiership in his first season in charge.

He will step down as the longest-serving coach in the club's history.

Super Cronk
13-01-06, 04:24 PM
Well i guess its just about set in ink...hagan will be with the eels in 2007, and beyond.

What are your thoughts on this?

Luke
13-01-06, 08:44 PM
i hope we get a good coach and tahu comes back