PDA

View Full Version : Origin Game 3: Queensland vs New South Wales (2011)

DIEHARD
18-06-11, 07:51 AM
Queensland vs New South Wales

QUEENSLAND

TBA

NEW SOUTH WALES

TBA

DIEHARD
18-06-11, 07:53 AM
Thanks to my brother I have tickets to this game and thanks to my girlfriend I have a new Origin jersey. Oh come on and give me a Series win and send off Lockyer how he deserves to be!

DIEHARD
20-06-11, 03:27 PM
Maroons face Origin without Johnathan Thurston

QUEENSLAND Test rugby league halfback Johnathan Thurston is in danger of missing the deciding third State of Origin match.

Thurston was today charged by the NRL match review committee with contrary conduct.

The North Queensland co-captain will miss two games, including the Origin match, unless he can have his grade two charge for alleged contact on referee Matt Cecchin in Saturday night's win over the Warriors downgraded at a judiciary hearing.

An early guilty plea or an unsuccessful defence at the judiciary will result in a two-game ban - the Cowboys' clash with Penrith this Sunday and Origin III at Suncorp Stadium on July 6.

The news is a huge concern to Maroons coach Mal Meninga and his team who ared esperate to send Queensland legend Darren Lockyer out a winner and secure a sixth straight series win.

NSW are equally desperate to break their losing streak and picked up some momentum following last week's 18-8 Origin II victory at ANZ Stadium.

http://www.news.com.au

Toads
20-06-11, 03:44 PM
Hmm, watched the game live on Foxsports on Saturday night, and buggered if I recall JT making such contact. Pity they don't show the contact with the news.com.au article.

Rage
20-06-11, 03:52 PM
Go to this link on the nrl site:

http://www.nrl.com/charged-thurston-in-doubt-for-origin-decider/tabid/10874/newsid/63405/default.aspx

You can watch it there

Toads
20-06-11, 04:03 PM
Cheers Rage. :)

Geez, dunno what to make of that. Hard to say if it was intentional or not (even though that doesn't matter). Strange how JT threw his arms up defensively, just before contact.

Whatever the outcome, as sure as sh!t. It will get blown out of proportion.. :p

eelectrica
20-06-11, 04:26 PM
Camera is that far away it's hard to see the contact. Looks like Thurston brushes the ref and they both go down.

If Thurston is suspended, we bring Cronk in and unleash hell on NSW.
QLD this series hasn't got out of cruise control this might just be the spark that does it.

Coaster
20-06-11, 04:28 PM
You have to be kidding me.
How many times a year does this goose of a ref get knocked over, he has the worst positioning in the game.

I can not believe he was charged for this

Cowboy Titan
20-06-11, 04:41 PM
I think this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEHX42wqINE)was easily as bad but Carney wasn't charged. Is this a ploy to help NSW win?

Toads
20-06-11, 05:09 PM
You raised a very valid point there, Cowboy Titan.

Titanic
20-06-11, 08:46 PM
totally agree ... this referee has taken more dives than Fabregas or he's totally unbalanced ... lol.

Chaos
21-06-11, 05:49 PM
Is this a ploy to help NSW win?

If it is it has back fired on them...Thurston wont be charged and Queensland has relied behind their team even stronger.

hammer
21-06-11, 07:59 PM
NSW just don't get it...no wonder Queenslanders are so passionate because those New South Welshman have so many double standards when the judiciary is concerned around State of Origin time it is as one person stated "ludicrous".

eelectrica
22-06-11, 07:04 PM
Thurston not guilty. Still pretty stupid charge. Refs need to have situational awareness and quit getting in the players way.

Coaster
22-06-11, 07:06 PM
Game on Moles

hammer
22-06-11, 07:11 PM
How was Bob Katter's form at Parliament House? Gold!

Coaster
22-06-11, 07:47 PM
How was Bob Katter's form at Parliament House? Gold!

hah that was funny

TITAN PETE
22-06-11, 09:07 PM
Game on Moles

Bring it Bi#ch

Coaster
22-06-11, 09:30 PM
Bring it Bi#ch

haha i smell the fear from you Pete.

Your mob is going to pay for this injustice, and you are going to lose beers all day, while i flog you at golf

TITAN PETE
23-06-11, 06:17 AM
haha i smell the fear from you Pete.

Your mob is going to pay for this injustice, and you are going to lose beers all day, while i flog you at golf

MMM my 3 favorite things Beer Golf & Footy , probably in that order this year..

As much as u may dislike it when we play Golf it will be a 4 Ball Ambrose & u may just be relying on this Blue to get us out of the Shyte ;)

GoldCoastTitans100
23-06-11, 05:46 PM
NSW

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Michael Ennis
10. Kade Snowden
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Greg Bird

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Luke Lewis
17. Trent Merrin

QLD

Only changes
Johnathan Thurston OUT Cooper Cronk IN
Ben Barba onto the Bench

I think these are the teams that will be selected

TITAN PETE
23-06-11, 06:25 PM
Neither Morris should be considered in the first 34 players

Ryan
23-06-11, 06:47 PM
Why wouldn't Thursto be picked?

Steelers
23-06-11, 07:09 PM
And why wouldn't Tim Mannah be picked?

GoldCoastTitans100
23-06-11, 07:44 PM
Neither Morris should be considered in the first 34 players

Disagree, they should be picked.

Why wouldn't Thursto be picked?

My mistake, he got of with a warning so he should be picked.

And why wouldn't Tim Mannah be picked?

Why would you pick him?

Steelers
23-06-11, 07:56 PM
Why would you pick him?

He was one of the better players for NSW in Game 2.

Nick
24-06-11, 10:05 AM
Disagree, they should be picked.

On what grounds can you justify picking either of the Morris twins? Have you watched either of them play this year?

Kate Snowden will not get in ahead of Manna for one decent performance against the bulldogs. He is not the style of forward ricky is looking for anyway..

Smakked
26-06-11, 04:44 PM
NSW Game Three Squad
Paul Gallen (c)
Greg Bird
Ben Creagh
Michael Ennis
Keith Galloway
Mark Gasnier
Kurt Gidley
Jarryd Hayne
Michael Jennings
Luke Lewis
Tim Mannah
Trent Merrin
Anthony Minichiello
Brett Morris
Mitchell Pearce
Beau Scott
Jamie Soward
Glenn Stewart
Akuila Uate
Anthony Watmough

TITAN PETE
27-06-11, 01:58 PM
AAP Mon, Jun 27, 2011 - 2:39 PM

Giant Queensland forward David Taylor is set to miss rugby league's deciding State of Origin match after being charged with a grade two dangerous throw.

The South Sydney enforcer faces four weeks on the sidelines if he takes the early guilty plea and a five match suspension if he fights the charge at a judiciary hearing and loses.

Taylor was charged on Monday after the NRL match video review committee viewed footage of his lifting tackle on Brisbane's Scott Anderson in Friday night's match played in atrociously wet conditions in Perth.

Maroons coach Mal Meninga was quoted before the charge was laid questioning whether Taylor could be suspended after NSW winger Akuila Uate was let off for a lifting tackle in the lead up to game two.

While Uate had his hands in between the legs of the tackled player, Taylor did not - however the second rower carries a heavy points loading after committing a similar and non-similar offence within the past two years.

Taylor is almost certain to fight the charge in a bid to be free to line-up for Queensland at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday week.

Sydney Roosters forward Frank-Paul Nuuausala was the only other player charged, after being accused of making dangerous contact with his knees, and will miss one match with the early guilty plea.

Steelers
27-06-11, 09:19 PM
Jamie Soward limped off the field with 10 minutes to go against Manly after scoring a 90m try. Could be a hamstring problem. Rumours already out about Jarryd Hayne replacing him if he is ruled out.

DIEHARD
27-06-11, 10:30 PM
Hayne for 5/8th?

GoldCoastTitans100
28-06-11, 01:58 PM
I would not be surprised if Braith Anasta got the number 6 jumper,

DIEHARD
28-06-11, 02:30 PM
Maroons Team For Game 3
QRL Media

THE Queensland Rugby League has today announced the XXXX Maroons team for Game 3 of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.

Justin Hodges has been selected to play his first match of the series.

The final make up of the interchange bench is yet to be confirmed.

XXXX Maroons Team

1. Billy Slater - Melbourne Storm

2. Darius Boyd - St George Illawarra Dragons

3. Justin Hodges - Brisbane Broncos

4.Greg Inglis - South Sydney Rabbitohs

5. Jharal Yow Yeh - Brisbane Broncos

6. Darren Lockyer (c) - Brisbane Broncos

7. Johnathan Thurston - North Qld Cowboys

8. Matthew Scott - North Qld Cowboys

9. Cameron Smith - Melbourne Storm

10. Petero Civoniceva - Penrith Panthers

11. Nate Myles - Sydney Roosters

12. Sam Thaiday - Brisbane Broncos

13. Ashley Harrison - Gold Coast Titans

Interchange (TBC)

Cooper Cronk - Melbourne Storm

Ben Hannant - Brisbane Broncos

Jacob Lillyman - NZ Warriors

Dane Nielsen - Melbourne Storm

Corey Parker - Brisbane Broncos

http://www.qrl.com.au/

DIEHARD
28-06-11, 02:31 PM
Hodges back for the Maroons is a big bonus for Queensland. He won't let anyone down, especially Lockyer.

I still reckon Soward will play. Unless they are downplaying the injury.

Steelers
28-06-11, 08:21 PM
Nielsen on an extended bench? Hope he isn't included in the final 17 unless Hodges is ruled out for some reason.

DIEHARD
29-06-11, 02:32 PM
I think that is the case Steelers. QLD has been all over the place with centre selections due to injury. We all remember Tonga's heroic effort playing badly injured.

But now we have our first choice combo of Inglis and Hodges.

I'm so excited about Origin! Anyone know if they are going to unviel a statue to Lockyer at the game? Or maybe at his last Broncos game?

TITAN PETE
01-07-11, 11:10 AM
Galloway for Origin debut as Merrin exits

AAP Fri, Jul 01, 2011 - 10:28 AM

Keith Galloway is set to make his State of Origin debut for NSW in Wednesday's series-decider after fellow prop Trent Merrin was cut from the Blues squad on Friday.

Wests Tigers front rower Galloway is expected to earn a spot in the interchange bench in place of Merrin who played in the first two games of the series.

Merrin was part of an extended 20-man squad selected earlier in the week the deciding third game against Queensland at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

But he was released by Blues coach Ricky Stuart and will now play for his club St George Illawarra in Sunday's NRL match against Newcastle.

Stuart gave no indication as to when he would finalise his final 17-man squad, with some lingering fitness concerns remaining over centre Michael Jennings, five eighth James Soward and utility Kurt Gidley.

Mushi
06-07-11, 07:30 AM
:thumbsup: ITS GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Looking forward to a great clash tonight!!!!!!!!

Titan Fanatic
06-07-11, 07:49 AM
QUEENSLANDER :)

Ryan
06-07-11, 11:35 AM
Hodges running on is a 50/50 gamble.
He could produce crucial points which win the match - but theres is just as much chance of him limping off and leaving us a man down.......

I would like to see Ennis sent off the field tonight, with his body on a stretcher and his head in a bucket http://planetsmilies.net/ill-violated-dead-smiley-9436.gif

gotitans101
06-07-11, 03:42 PM
I've heard that Scott and Jennings are both out of tonight's clash for NSW. 2 big losses there - Scott's workload will sorely be missed by NSW. But hey - I'm not complaining!

GO QLD!

Rage
06-07-11, 04:19 PM
GO THE BLUES!!

Gonna be an awesome game, don't miss it!

Toads
06-07-11, 05:51 PM
Indeed it will be, best in years..

GO The MIGHTY MAROONS!!!

shamus
06-07-11, 06:12 PM
Indeed it will be, best in years..

GO The MIGHTY MORONS!!!

Go you mighty Blues!! :fight:

Toads
06-07-11, 06:39 PM
I was totally unaware that you could use the words Mighty and Blues, within the same sentence. If recent history is anything to go by.

I guess they'll do more than make numbers, someday.. :D

Nick
06-07-11, 07:00 PM
Capewell scores a double and Lawton scores a try for QLD residents..

Too bad about Jennings, Hayne getting more ball shouldnt hurt too much though.
GO THE BLUES!!!

Ryan
07-07-11, 05:19 AM
D?j? vu: Experience of feeling sure that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation

D?z? vu: Watching Lockyer Hold up the SOO shield

shamus
07-07-11, 07:26 AM
I couldn't believe how many times the Blues stuffed it up once they did get inside the Maroons 20. I did see Cartwright in the sheds before the game. Are you all sure he wasn't still the coaching assistant? :p

Anyways.........Congrats to Qld. The best first half by any team ever in any League game including International. Silly mistakes like Mini's 'trap' with his legs doesn't help though. I could name a few errors by the Blues but I am taking nothing away from Qld. They were unbeatable in the first half (35 minutes anyways) and NSW were never gunna pull back 24 points.

I think I said this last year.......We will get you next year!

On another note: Horrible horrible injury to Thurston!

shamus
07-07-11, 07:29 AM
Oh..The only thing that did get up my nose was the crowd booing Gallen and the Blues when it was Gallens turn to speak after the game. Geez, it was a great game of football and for the first time in years the Blues competed. I thought it was unsportsmanlike....But then again maybe that's just me. :fight:

Ryan
07-07-11, 08:40 AM
Oh..The only thing that did get up my nose was the crowd booing Gallen and the Blues when it was Gallens turn to speak after the game. Geez, it was a great game of football and for the first time in years the Blues competed. I thought it was unsportsmanlike....But then again maybe that's just me. :fight:

First thing Gallen did was whinge about calls that went against them :cry:
He has alot to learn about media appreances and talking in front of the camera and full stadium.....

shamus
07-07-11, 12:21 PM
First thing Gallen did was whinge about calls that went against them :cry:
He has alot to learn about media appreances and talking in front of the camera and full stadium.....

Yes, I don't understand that part...We were beaten by a better side but the booing was even before he opened his mouth.

Coaster
07-07-11, 09:23 PM
Yes, I don't understand that part...We were beaten by a better side but the booing was even before he opened his mouth.

You might need to go watch old Lewis origin tapes