PDA

View Full Version : Titans Leagues Club ?

DIEHARD
12-10-07, 11:48 PM
Great to see plans are already in motion for a fantastic new Leagues club.

Who is interested in becoming members of the Leagues Club?

hugebrianfan
12-10-07, 11:49 PM
yeah it'l be exciting :):):)

BUT
I cant join because im underage & I live in nsw..

DIEHARD
13-10-07, 12:17 AM
yeah it'l be exciting :):):)

BUT
I cant join because im underage & I live in nsw..

But I'm sure you can visit if you ever come to see a match and one thing is for sure one day you'll be old enough. How old are you now?

Boofhead
13-10-07, 12:33 AM
Already lodged my interest to join.

So close to where I live, it would be stupid for me not to sign up.

DIEHARD
13-10-07, 01:06 AM
Already lodged my interest to join.

So close to where I live, it would be stupid for me not to sign up.

A great new hang out for Boof.

Steve
13-10-07, 01:37 AM
I'll be signing up for membership to that!

C-Whiz
13-10-07, 06:49 AM
Yep, put my name on the list. I would expect if you get a season membership you should automatically get membership to the Leagues club.

PROMETHEUS
13-10-07, 04:25 PM
Yep.:clap:

Bayside Titan
20-07-08, 07:31 PM
Hi All,
Just wondering if somebody can help us?? Is there plans for a leagues club?? If so do you have to register interest? Can somebody give me some information please??

Pitty about the Panthers game.

Thank you in advance.

hully gully
20-07-08, 09:34 PM
yes there will be a leagues club it was $5 to register but no money changed hands thats all i can help with

TITAN PETE
21-07-08, 03:14 PM
It is expected to start building at the end of 2009 after the training facility is finished.

Bayside Titan
21-07-08, 07:46 PM
Thanks for that.

Smakked
14-06-11, 01:21 AM
Are the titans going to be building a Leagues club?
Something like Panthers would be good :P

hammer
14-06-11, 05:28 AM
My wife and I were discussing this a while ago as in the early days the club were asking for feedback on being a member of the leagues club...i would love to know whether this will be a reality in the near future.

Coaster
14-06-11, 07:23 AM
No it is not a high priority for Searle.
He said the money and time would be better served elsewhere

He mentioned this at the forum

Smakked
14-06-11, 02:15 PM
No it is not a high priority for Searle.
He said the money and time would be better served elsewhere

He mentioned this at the forum

SO in other words they cant afford it LOL
He is good with words isnt he.

Coaster
14-06-11, 07:46 PM
SO in other words they cant afford it LOL
He is good with words isnt he.

I guess.
Lets face it, a leagues club would cost millions. Add to that the taxes involved in poker machines and sports clubs, and it is a lot of cost for little reward.

It may happen, but his priority is more with developing infrastructure to help the football team.

DIEHARD
15-06-11, 01:57 AM
Early on a Titans Leagues Club was definitely on the radar and alot of planning was put into it. But our focus shifted to a Centre of Excellence.

We have made a huge investment in the facility and it cost us more than we hoped. Because of the well publicised saga.

The Titans will look at maximising the revenue they can reap from the building first and consolidate.

I think it's healthy to focus on this because it puts the success of the team at the forefront. With success on field we can expect greater success and stability off it.

But I would dearly love a Leagues Club but it is an enormous project. But I hope we can work towards it one day. I know it would be well supported by the fans and would be the last piece of the puzzle.

Coaster isn't playing with words or being a politician he is just saying it how it is. The Titans could have gone either way but choose this direction. And I agree with it. I also am pleased that the Titans have opened up the building and given supporters access on many occasions.

teke
15-06-11, 02:19 AM
Definitely need a Leagues Club to house the NRL Trophy.

shamus
15-06-11, 07:43 AM
I guess.
Lets face it, a leagues club would cost millions. Add to that the taxes involved in poker machines and sports clubs, and it is a lot of cost for little reward.

It may happen, but his priority is more with developing infrastructure to help the football team.

OK....How about a pub then......No, OK someone with an esky selling beer after the game so we can all mingle for an hour or so...:drinkies:

I'll bring the esky if needed :D

Last option is turn the gym in the COE into a bar for a few hours after each game.. :p

That's it. That's all I got. But I would like somewhere to go after the game to celebrate/commiserate with my fellow Titans.....and needs to be walking distance to the stadium.

DIEHARD
15-06-11, 09:11 AM
That's it. That's all I got. But I would like somewhere to go after the game to celebrate/commiserate with my fellow Titans.....and needs to be walking distance to the stadium.

You are dead right mate. I want that very much.

It's part of the ideal supporter experience. I am a romantic and believe there is alot of meaning and spirit in sharing a drink, bread and laughs with comrades. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the Titans can expect alot of support support from the fanbase when the time comes.

hammer
15-06-11, 07:20 PM
OK....How about a pub then......No, OK someone with an esky selling beer after the game so we can all mingle for an hour or so...:drinkies:

I'll bring the esky if needed :D

Last option is turn the gym in the COE into a bar for a few hours after each game.. :p

And beer that doesn't cost a fortune!

squirrell
16-06-11, 08:51 PM
You are dead right mate. I want that very much.

It's part of the ideal supporter experience. I am a romantic and believe there is alot of meaning and spirit in sharing a drink, bread and laughs with comrades. :thumbsup:

like when we were in the pub full of rabbits fans outside anz after beating the bunnies and i was nervous cos greg was singing celebration songs!!! :drinkies:

DIEHARD
17-06-11, 05:49 AM
One of my all time favourite memories! Luckily we got out alive! Good luck to Greggy tonight!

kioli
18-07-13, 11:55 AM
Definitely need a Leagues Club to house the NRL Trophy.

I think we can all agree on this :)

Would love to see a Leagues club built next to the stadium, it'd make such a difference for the fans

DIEHARD
18-07-13, 12:04 PM
It would be a dream come true and a community such as League of Titans would find a real life home and grow and grow.

Toads
18-07-13, 01:18 PM
A League's Club would be great, but I do have strong doubts about the viabilty of it if it was to be located near the Stadium. Considering there's about 12-13 Home Games a year. Thought needs to be given on how the place can turn a profit, for the remaing 350+ days a year.

I will give Searle & Co credit for the vision of the Titanium Bar. But to me, it was the wrong location. Southport, Broadbeach or Burleigh. Might've worked better for them.

As I've said before.. If I had it my way. We'd have Southport Tigers as our Grounds & Club House.. :)

CoastSportsFan
18-07-13, 04:18 PM
I agree with what has been said above. Putting the leagues club in Robina, next to the stadium, would be a nightmare for the long term sustainability of the club. Sure, it'll be a novelty initially and probably do well in the first 12 months of existence but you have to think about the bigger picture. The Southport Sharks are probably the best example of how to get the most out of your community all year round, even if they don't support Aussie rules.

It is also tricky finding the right spot for fans/players to go after a game. The Titanium Bar ended up being a train wreck so we can at least learn from that. To the best of my knowledge, the Titans aren't producing any revenue outside of game day so something needs to be done.

TITAN PETE
18-07-13, 05:14 PM
If you build they will come...

CoastSportsFan
18-07-13, 05:33 PM
If you build they will come...

Not necessarily, especially in a fickle city like the Gold Coast. See the Titanium Bar for more evidence.

The leagues club must be carefully thought out if it is to be viable.

TITAN PETE
18-07-13, 09:01 PM
Not necessarily, especially in a fickle city like the Gold Coast. See the Titanium Bar for more evidence.

Titanium bar was a Night Club & nothing less, never felt comfortable in the place & to top it off it was in the worst suburb in QLD , a real Leagues club would bring people from everywhere on the coast & would be very important to be close to the ground (within Robina) so it feels like your local team.

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 04:36 AM
I feel the same way about the Titanium Bar Pete. It was also very expensive and as a footy fan I felt out of place.

DavidBouveng
19-07-13, 06:15 AM
Mm good damn I would love a leagues club.do u think its needs to be a new venue or would a takeover of places like the dog n parrot or daimonds on Christine av be ok to?

Mexican titan
19-07-13, 06:00 PM
A Leagues club is a good idea but I think it would generally only attract people who live nearby - like most clubs do these days. Living at Runaway Bay I would never go to a club at Robina except perhaps after games. Mind you I do have a designated driver.

shamus
19-07-13, 06:27 PM

Titanium Bar was in city central. Freakin' horrible place to get to, park etc.

A Leagues Club is just an upmarket pub. As Pete said, build it and they will come.

The Wallaby or Dog and Parrot won't like it but I think it would be a winner. Commuters coming home on a Friday popping into the club for a cheap meal and drinks. Loving it already! :thumbsup:

P.S. Not to mention I only live up the road a few minutes..

Titus
19-07-13, 07:54 PM
I'm in for sure. If it had decent pub grub and cheap schooners, it would be great way of supporting the club. I would travel from Southport even if it was in Robina. I can't imagine this going ahead under the current managerial arrangement, but it would be warmly received by the non-Prada wearing punters (and their kids).

Titanic
19-07-13, 08:35 PM
The current mob would take anything for free ... the right business model, some solid investors and a water-tight contract should see it through.

kioli
29-07-13, 06:29 AM
I agree with what has been said above. Putting the leagues club in Robina, next to the stadium, would be a nightmare for the long term sustainability of the club. Sure, it'll be a novelty initially and probably do well in the first 12 months of existence but you have to think about the bigger picture. The Southport Sharks are probably the best example of how to get the most out of your community all year round, even if they don't support Aussie rules.

It is also tricky finding the right spot for fans/players to go after a game. The Titanium Bar ended up being a train wreck so we can at least learn from that. To the best of my knowledge, the Titans aren't producing any revenue outside of game day so something needs to be done.

Keep in mind that a leagues club next to the stadium would have the heavy rail next door, the new light rail will also to go directly to the stadium/Robina station aswell and any decent leagues club would incorporate some extra parking on the land nearby.

Robina has been planned out as a major hub by the GCCC for a long time, these transport links, particularly the light rail link which'll go straight back to the strip, are major pros that the club can take advantage of if it's smart.

Titanic
29-07-13, 09:14 AM
The business model for a leagues club needs to be independent of the game ... the game itself and the club just provide an appendage to its core business which is providing an identified need to service the community.

Mexican titan
29-07-13, 02:22 PM
Keep in mind that a leagues club next to the stadium would have the heavy rail next door, the new light rail will also to go directly to the stadium/Robina station aswell and any decent leagues club would incorporate some extra parking on the land nearby.

Robina has been planned out as a major hub by the GCCC for a long time, these transport links, particularly the light rail link which'll go straight back to the strip, are major pros that the club can take advantage of if it's smart.

If you want to wait at Robina for the light rail to take you anywhere you'll be waiting a long time. The new light rail will not go anywhere near Skilled park.

kioli
29-07-13, 04:10 PM
If you want to wait at Robina for the light rail to take you anywhere you'll be waiting a long time. The new light rail will not go anywhere near Skilled park.

It's on the plan MT. Line C splits off at Nobby Beach, past Bond Uni, Robina Town Centre and ends directly Robina station. When I get home I'll post a pic.

Mexican titan
29-07-13, 05:46 PM
It's on the plan MT. Line C splits off at Nobby Beach, past Bond Uni, Robina Town Centre and ends directly Robina station. When I get home I'll post a pic.

Thanks mate for the extra info. What I should have said is that it is not part of stage 1 works. I doubt if stage 2 of the light rail and beyond will be happening any time soon if ever. When they see what a financial disaster the light rail will be after stage 1 they will all head for the hills.

kioli
09-12-13, 08:45 AM
Thanks mate for the extra info. What I should have said is that it is not part of stage 1 works. I doubt if stage 2 of the light rail and beyond will be happening any time soon if ever. When they see what a financial disaster the light rail will be after stage 1 they will all head for the hills.

Sorry mate, forgot about finding that pic for you.

And yeah, seems like it might be some way off but at least the plan is there I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/dxu5Tlq.png

edit:
Black/grey = heavy rail line
Dotted lines are light rail routes
Thin lines are bus routes to feed the new system.