14 Matthew White
15 Ryan James
16 Bodene Thompson
17 Ben Ridge
18 Luke O’Dwyer
19 Greg Bird

DIEHARD
10-06-11, 10:08 PM
Just another week and we are back in Sydney up against the Bunnies. A team we can certainly handle. Let's hope that we can continue what we started tonight.

Boofhead
10-06-11, 10:37 PM
1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga (If Mead is out)
4. Toopi
5. Tomane
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Bird
15. James
16. Ridge
17. Thompson

titansrawesome
10-06-11, 10:42 PM
im liking us to beat souths by 8

GoldCoastTitans100
11-06-11, 09:49 AM
1. Walker
2. Michaels
3. Tomane
4. Toopi
5. Zillman 'if Mead is out'
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Bird
15. James
16. Ridge
17. Thompson

Don't get me wrong i think Zillman has been in terrific form, this would be a good opportunity to test Walker and if he performs until Mead gets back we should move Zillman to F8 again.

Chaos
11-06-11, 09:59 AM
1. Walker
2. Michaels
3. Tomane
4. Toopi
5. Zillman 'if Mead is out'
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Bird
15. James
16. Ridge
17. Thompson

Don't get me wrong i think Zillman has been in terrific form, this would be a good opportunity to test Walker and if he performs until Mead gets back we should move Zillman to F8 again.

A big part of the Titans win last night came from Zillman defusing dangerous situations from fullback.
We had no problem getting out of our half because he is starting our sets on the front foot....he's a great fullback!

Titan_Blue
11-06-11, 10:02 AM
Are people putting Bird on the bench because he;ll be tired from Origin, or because they'd rather a Mini-Laffranchi-Ash backrow?

GoldCoastTitans100
11-06-11, 10:06 AM
Are people putting Bird on the bench because he;ll be tired from Origin, or because they'd rather a Mini-Laffranchi-Ash backrow?

If you starts on the bench or starts on the field it doesn't matter, he will come on after 25min anyway.

Chaos
11-06-11, 10:07 AM

I'd start Bird but tell him to pull his head in and play the ball as quick as he can instead of diving on the ground like a soccer player.

Mini would be great impact from the bench but deserves a start

Ash can play lots of minutes and tightens the ruck...he needs to start.

GoldCoastTitans100
11-06-11, 10:07 AM
A big part of the Titans win last night came from Zillman defusing dangerous situations from fullback.
We had no problem getting out of our half because he is starting our sets on the front foot....he's a great fullback!

Yes he is a terrific fullback but i don't want to see Walker leave end of this season and go to a new club without getting a fair chance.

Chaos
11-06-11, 10:10 AM
Yes he is a terrific fullback but i don't want to see Walker leave end of this season and go to a new club without him getting a fair chance.

I understand and I haven't seen enough of Walker recently...if he does get shot, he should come off the bench.

GoldCoastTitans100
11-06-11, 10:12 AM
I understand and I haven't seen enough of Walker recently...if he does get shot, he should come off the bench.

He should at least get a full halve to play though.

Chaos
11-06-11, 10:14 AM
He should at least get a full halve to play though.

Coming off the bench gives him a chance to provide impact without teams targeting him

GoldCoastTitans100
11-06-11, 10:20 AM
Coming off the bench gives him a chance to provide impact without teams targeting him

Fair enough,
1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tomane
4. Toopi
5. Meads 'I think he will be fine'
6. Campbell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Bird
15. James
16. Walker
17. Thompson
18. Ridge

teke
11-06-11, 01:41 PM
Mead will be fine and is slowly being blooded as a centre, I wouldnt be surprised if he owns that position til the end of the year and gets alot better.

I have a funny feeling that with the return of Harro and Bird means the return of penalties and errors :mad:

Titan_Blue
11-06-11, 02:10 PM
Mead will be fine and is slowly being blooded as a centre, I wouldnt be surprised if he owns that position til the end of the year and gets alot better.

I noticed that last night, he played probably 80% of the game there with Tomane on the wing. I like it.

Objective opinion please: can Mead pass as a centre?

teke
11-06-11, 03:32 PM
I noticed that last night, he played probably 80% of the game there with Tomane on the wing. I like it.

Objective opinion please: can Mead pass as a centre?Objective opinion :laugh: :laugh: Yeah he can, he has a good flick aswell which is a weapon. It's a funny situation see Tomane and Mead swap, if Zillmans pass on his own goal line had hit Mead instead of Tomane last night it could very well have been a 100mtr try.

I think Carty knows he should keep a hold of Joey

Titan_Blue
11-06-11, 03:51 PM
Objective opinion :laugh: :laugh: Yeah he can, he has a good flick aswell which is a weapon. It's a funny situation see Tomane and Mead swap, if Zillmans pass on his own goal line had hit Mead instead of Tomane last night it could very well have been a 100mtr try.

I think Carty knows he should keep a hold of Joey

Haha, I didn't mean to sound rude with the objectivity don't worry...

And what makes you think Carty is keen on Tomane?

I think it'll be good for his defence to be on the wing.

titansrawesome
11-06-11, 03:51 PM
joeseph i was surprised looked a lot slower than last year last night, last year he goes 100 metres and gets the try

Titan_Blue
11-06-11, 03:55 PM
Yeah that was slightly disappointing, but he is a bit of a unit these days. Would rather him to have stayed a bit trimmer and a bit faster though.

teke
11-06-11, 04:06 PM
Haha, I didn't mean to sound rude with the objectivity don't worry...

And what makes you think Carty is keen on Tomane?

I think it'll be good for his defence to be on the wing.I know you weren't meaning to be rude. It just made me chuckle.

What makes me think he wouldnt be keen on losing Tomane...I think he is thinking about depth in the backline. Imo I think management want to have Gordon, Mead, Tomane, Michaels, Idris and Champion filling the centre/wing role. That is a very strong bunch young fellas who will grow together and can WIN the comp withing 2 years.

However the ball is in Tomanes court now, he has other options he can weigh up.

teke
11-06-11, 04:07 PM
Yeah that was slightly disappointing, but he is a bit of a unit these days. Would rather him to have stayed a bit trimmer and a bit faster though.He is a baby faced assassin, leave the speed to others. He is fine as he is.

Titan_Blue
11-06-11, 04:11 PM
I can't see Tomane hanging around to be a backup player when he has Super 15 offers and surely other starting NRL spots being thrown at him.

I'd say he is a very slim chance of staying, and I don't blame him to be honest.

teke
11-06-11, 04:12 PM
I can't see Tomane hanging around to be a backup player when he has Super 15 offers and surely other starting NRL spots being thrown at him.

I'd say he is a very slim chance of staying, and I don't blame him to be honest.I agree

Rage
11-06-11, 05:03 PM
I'm all for Walker getting a shot but I wouldn't like him to start at 1 in this game if he was given a shot. We must keep the same spine as last night plus Zilly was great at fullback

DIEHARD
13-06-11, 05:58 AM
Old hands must lift game: Presto

VETERAN Gold Coast Titan Preston Campbell believes the club's experienced troops must come with the same attitude to Friday's important showdown with the Rabbitohs that they took into last week's breakthrough win over the Dragons.

Campbell said the onus was on the Titans' elder statesmen to deliver more control.

In their most controlled effort of the year, the Titans finished 33 of 39 sets at 85 per cent -- the first time they have completed more than 80 per cent this season.

"Our completion rate in the last month-and-a-half has been what was letting us down and it doesn't matter what team you're playing," stressed Campbell.

"If you haven't got near, or the same amount of ball, as the opposition you have no chance of winning a game no matter how good you are.

"We showed (against the Dragons) holding the ball makes a big difference."

With the club's younger, inexperienced talents like Ryan James, Ben Ridge and, in recent weeks, Matt Srama showing the way the club's leaders needed to continue aiding their development, according to Campbell.

"(The best lesson for the young guys is) patience. Rugby league is simple and you win by doing the simple things and doing them well," he said.

"They're learning if they do their job well the team goes well but a lot of the times it has been the experienced players letting the young guys down."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Boofhead
13-06-11, 11:05 AM
GI surely won't be backing up for this game, he has only just come out of an injury cloud. Taylor would be another bonus, can't believe how destructive he has become.

DIEHARD
13-06-11, 11:00 PM
GI surely won't be backing up for this game, he has only just come out of an injury cloud. Taylor would be another bonus, can't believe how destructive he has become.

He is a weapon, that's for sure. I think you might be right about GI.

If anyone wants to attend the game and I encourage that you do....

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE SOUTHS VS TITANS GAME (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=RAB1511)

Southern Legion will be in the Titans away supporters bay (General Admin) - Bay 103-1 at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

karnage
14-06-11, 12:23 PM
For the first time in a month I will be going into a game believing (and not hoping...) that we will get the win.

The best part of the win over the Saints was the beginning of some cohesion between the 1-6-7-9. Anyone who wants to see that changed after a morale boosting win has rocks in his/her head.

amaline
14-06-11, 01:36 PM
1 William Zillman
2 Steve Michaels
3 Clinton Toopi
4 Joseph Tomane
5 David Mead
6 Preston Campbell
7 Scott Prince (c)
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Michael Henderson
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew White
15 Ryan James
16 Bodene Thompson
17 Ben Ridge
18 Luke O’Dwyer
19 Greg Bird

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=37952&title=titans-name-extended-squad-for-rabbitohs-clash

Rage
14-06-11, 01:44 PM
Nice, that's a solid 1 6 7 9 spine I know we can rely on.
Titans by 12

TITAN PETE
14-06-11, 02:07 PM
Titans name extended squad for Rabbitohs clash
Adam Gardini
14/06/2011 1:33:30 PM
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have named an extended 19-man squad for Friday night?s Round 15 clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium, including State of Origin representatives Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named the same 17-man squad which bounced back to form with a much-needed win over St George Illawarra last Friday night with the addition of Bird and Harrison to take on the Rabbitohs.

The final make-up of the team will hinge on the availability of the Origin duo following tomorrow night?s second Origin match in Sydney.

The Titans will train on the Gold Coast on Thursday morning before travelling to Sydney ahead of the clash.

Captain Scott Prince will play his landmark 250th NRL match against the Rabbitohs, 14 years on since making his debut for the North Queensland Cowboys in April 1998.

Jetstar Titans Assistant Coach Steve Murphy said it was important for the club to back-up their performance against the Dragons by stepping up another notch against the Rabbitohs.

?We?ve been taking two steps back and we need to take two steps forward. We played well last week and we need to back that up this week against what will be a committed South Sydney no doubt,?? said Murphy.

?From our perspective, we think we?ve been training really well for an extended period of time, it was just good to see a few of the things we?ve been practising coming out on game day (against the Dragons).

?So it?s important that we back it up this week against a side that I think has been playing well for the last month in Souths. They?ve had a close loss to Melbourne and have been playing some good football so we?ll have to play very well and we?ll have to improve on what we did last Friday night to get the result.??

The Jetstar Titans have won two of four previous clashes against the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium, including a thrilling 19-18 victory in March last year.

JETSTAR TITANS v RABBITOHS
Friday, June 17 - 7.45pm, ANZ Stadium

1 William Zillman
2 Steve Michaels
3 Clinton Toopi
4 Joseph Tomane
5 David Mead
6 Preston Campbell
7 Scott Prince (c)
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Michael Henderson
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew White
15 Ryan James
16 Bodene Thompson
17 Ben Ridge
18 Luke O?Dwyer
19 Greg Bird

Smakked
14-06-11, 02:17 PM
Interesting Bird named on the bench?
Maybe they think he is going to the Knights

teke
14-06-11, 02:18 PM
Maybe they think he is going to the Knights:nope: Maybe they dont want to give the poor bugger a rest from state of origin

patskE
14-06-11, 08:04 PM
wasnt he on the bench last SOO?

Chaos
14-06-11, 08:06 PM
Maybe they think he is going to the Knights

Maybe he stuffs around playing the ball instead of playing it quick for his team mates!

Coaster
14-06-11, 10:09 PM
Podcast is up for this round have a listen

Round 15:
Patske, Ant, Hendo, Presto, what about Ash and Birdy and also Chop, or yeah and me!!!
LISTEN HERE (http://www.titanslegion.com/LegionTalk/TitansR15-2011.mp3)

titansrawesome
15-06-11, 01:08 AM
nice podcast you can do it on ustream for free if you want and earn money from ads too for it, if you have a webcam you can do it that way too

DIEHARD
15-06-11, 02:05 AM
I can't wait till Friday. And the big 250 games for Prince. A massive and rare milestone in Rugby League!

DIEHARD
15-06-11, 02:29 AM
Rabbitohs welcome back Farrell and Clark

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce their team to take on the Gold Coast Titans in round 15 of the 2011 NRL Premiership this Friday 17 June at 7:35pm at ANZ Stadium.

Rabbitohs Head Coach John Lang welcomes back Dylan Farrell and Jason Clark from injury for this game. Farrell moves into the centres with Shaune Corrigan shifting to an extended interchange bench along with Clark.

The NRL fixture kicks off at 7:35pm with gates opening at 6pm.

The Toyota Cup match between the Rabbitohs and the Titans is scheduled to be played on Saturday 18 June at 2pm at the Australian Technology Park Performance Centre at Redfern Oval.

The Rabbitohs' NRL team is:

1) Rhys Wesser
2) Nathan Merritt
3) Dylan Farrell
4) Greg Inglis
5) James Roberts
6) John Sutton
7) Chris Sandow
8) Ben Ross
9) Issac Luke
10) Shannan McPherson
11) Chris McQueen
12) David Taylor
13) Michael Crocker [c]

Interchange:
14) Eddy Pettybourne
15) Dave Tyrrell
16) Jason Clark
17) Nathan Peats
18) Shaune Corrigan
19) Alex Ranieri
20) Deon Apps

Coach - John Lang

www.rabbitohs.com.au]

teke
15-06-11, 02:40 AM
Now that's an extended bench from the bunnies.

I hope Inglis backs up cause I dont think he will cut it for the full 80 after SOO.

doc
15-06-11, 11:20 AM
hope scotty has a big one for his 250th

Coaster
15-06-11, 01:45 PM
nice podcast you can do it on ustream for free if you want and earn money from ads too for it, if you have a webcam you can do it that way too

I am interested in this mate. can you send me some more info about this via PM?

titansrawesome
15-06-11, 02:03 PM
I am interested in this mate. can you send me some more info about this via PM?

sure mate

karnage
15-06-11, 03:06 PM
Geez Diehard... not sure about that new avatar at all!!

Rage
15-06-11, 03:25 PM
NRL.com Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 2:45 PM

Rabbitohs v Titans
ANZ Stadium
Friday 7.35pm

Souths? coach John Lang knows that unless his Rabbitohs kick into a new gear, starting this week against the similarly inconsistent Titans, they can kiss all hopes of a finals berth goodbye.

The bunnies head to rain-sodden ANZ Stadium fresh off the bye but also on the back of a hat-trick of losses to the Warriors, Panthers and Storm that has seen them slump to 12th on the ladder ? but just two wins away from the eighth-placed Bulldogs.

They were a little unlucky against the Storm last game, charging out to a 6-nil lead early and trailing just 10-6 at halftime before Cameron Smith put the issue beyond doubt with a try two minutes from full-time. They played some gritty, no-nonsense football but ultimately it was their lack of spark that brought about their undoing ? they failed to make a line-break (to the Storm?s four) and didn?t throw a single offload the entire first 40. For a side boasting the likes of Dave Taylor and Issac Luke it will be interesting to see whether they adopt a similar game plan here.

They?ll be keen for some revenge given the Titans stole the points in their last clash in Round 2 last year when Scott Prince nailed a field-goal in the second minute of extra time.

Personnel-wise, Dylan Farrell has been recalled to the centres for Shaun Corrigan, who joins an extended bench of 18; Farrell will partner Maroons centre Greg Inglis who along with second-rower Dave Taylor will back up from Origin (fitness permitting).

The only other change from their last-start defeat is that Jason Clark bumps Deon Apps off the pine.

Meanwhile the Titans have avoided rushing new signing Beau Henry (ex-Knights) into their top squad. Queensland lock Ashley Harrison is their only change to the starting line-up that took down the premiers last week; as a result Luke O?Dwyer moves to an extended bench that also boasts Blues? lock Greg Bird in jersey No. 19. If he comes through Origin okay, expect him to be injected off the bench.

Although semi-finals football would be the furthest thing from coach John Cartwright?s mind the closeness of the competition, plus some indifferent form from sides hovering around the middle of the table, leaves the door open for any team that strings together a significant run of wins. The Titans may be in 14th place on just 10 competition points but of all the cellar dwellers they probably have the most upside, as they showed last week when captain Scott Prince masterminded a second-half onslaught that left the Dragons sucking in the big ones.

It?s a huge career milestone for Prince, who plays his 250th NRL game.

Watch Out Rabbitohs: Scott Prince had made just four try assists prior to Round 14 but against the Dragons he added a further two and scored a decisive try. That game could?ve been just the confidence boost he needs to get back to his blistering best.

In particular he?ll fancy his chances targeting the Rabbitohs? right-side goal-line defence, where Dylan Farrell and Chris Sandow have been shaky. Farrell averages three tackle misses a game, Sandow 5.5 (the most in the comp). A clever delayed pass for Mark Minichiello or Clinton Toopi could yield dividends.

Most importantly, the home side can?t afford to simply soak up the runs of Titans prop Luke Bailey or his relentless charges will take their toll. Bailey made a game-high 17 runs for 186 metres last week and his season-average 133.6 metres ranks fourth among all front-rowers. The Rabbitohs need to halt his go-forward and bend him back at the line, or it will all add up.

Danger Sign: If Bailey and fellow prop Michael Henderson (144 metres last week) continue to get over the advantage line it will limit the time the Rabbitohs have to reset their defence. Given the Bunnies miss the most tackles of any side (39.2) that will lead to problems.

Watch Out Titans: Souths halfback Chris Sandow was conspicuous by his lack of impact the last time these teams met, with Scott Prince handing him a master class in attacking halfback play with two try assists and three offloads. By comparison Sandow didn?t make a solitary run or metre of territory, made just one tackle-break and committed a game-high three errors. That would rile him no end and you can bet he?ll be looking to build on his six line-break assists and four try assists. Plus he?ll be out to confirm his reputation as the best booter of 40/20s in the comp (four to date).

Also, the Titans need to be wary of Sandow kicking short, either for himself (26 good chases made) or else the right flank for Nathan Merritt, Chris McQueen or Dave Tyrrell.

Although Prince is renowned for his long-kicking game he?ll need to improve his kicks to space or the powerful and speedy Rabbitohs? back three will be quick to counter-attack. Prince is hitting open space just 45 per cent of the time ? last week Dragons fullback Jason Nightingale made in excess of 200 metres carting it back and last time these teams met fill-in No.1 Nathan Merritt did the same. Fullback Rhys Wesser has averaged 12 metres on each of his 55 kick returns. Merritt averages 10 metres on kick returns and left winger James Roberts seven metres.

Danger Sign: Wesser may be in his twilight years but he still has a lethal dash that can hurt sides that are complacent with their kick-chase. The evergreen No.1 has tallied 39 tackle-breaks and a team-high eight line-breaks from his nine games.

Plays To Watch: Wesser skipping, then pushing the accelerator; Dave Taylor showing silky offloading skills on the left edge with James Roberts happily accepting; Inglis using his ?don?t-argue? fend to find space; Issac Luke catching the marker defenders napping; Scott Prince drifting right, showing the ball in one hand before grubber-kicking through or throwing a cut-out pass for David Mead out wide; Luke Bailey?s charges; Mark Minichiello and Anthony Laffranchi?s offloads and charges close to the line.

Where It Will Be Won: Commitment for the full 80. For Souths that means signing off on all of the little things ? the one percenters ? that can add up to a victory. For example, they need to focus on a concerted kick-chase ? at the moment they tally the second-most poor chases in the league (25). They need to work for each other in defence, not just in the early stages when they are often on top, but right to the final siren. They need to make certain their tackles are completed and do better than their 13.2 offloads conceded ? third most in the comp.

For the Titans, it means eliminating the errors that have hounded their campaign ? their 14.2 a game are easily the most by any side. They also need to hustle Sandow and John Sutton when they kick, given their atrocious 31 per cent defusal rate of cross-field bombs.

Whichever side switches off early is bound to come up short.

The History: Played 6; Titans 4, Rabbitohs 2. The Titans have won the past three matches between the sides, including the past two that were played at ANZ Stadium.

Conclusion: History suggests this could be a nail-biter ? all six matches between them to date have been decided by eight points or less. And four of the five times the Titans have played at ANZ Stadium the outcome has been decided by that similar margin.

It?s a tough call; the Rabbitohs are capable of a devastating display but they?ve hardly instilled confidence in their past few matches. Meanwhile the Titans were very good in the second half last week, admittedly against an inexperienced side that ran out of puff.

Don?t hold us to it but we feel the Titans, now they have the whiff of a victory in their nostrils, may just embark on a bit of a run.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Brett Suttor; Sideline Officials ? Steve Carrall & Henry Perenara; Video Ref ? Pat Reynolds.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Delayed 9.30pm (NSW & Qld); Fox Sports ? Delayed 1am.

* Stats: NRL Stats

DIEHARD
15-06-11, 10:14 PM
OK so, Inglis is busted up? He will struggle if he takes to the field after tonight's game. Taylor played well.

Hopefully Ash got his errors out of his system tonight, but looks to have come out of the game injury free.

titansrawesome
15-06-11, 10:18 PM
greg is so lazy as a player now, he half asses all his runs now probably because he is really heavy and its affected his workrate

Mushi
15-06-11, 10:40 PM
He looks like he has lost loads of weight though - but def not the player he used to be. Still, I'd like him to NOT be in the rabbits on Friday night - any outs for them is a bonus. Harro - not the best game in origin tonight so hope he's ready to back up with a fab game for the Titans this weeked. Birdy didn't play the whole game this time so should be ready and raring to go!!!!!! Origin's over for this round.... now its onto a win for the mighty titans to finish off a great week :-)

titansrawesome
15-06-11, 11:27 PM
He looks like he has lost loads of weight though - but def not the player he used to be. Still, I'd like him to NOT be in the rabbits on Friday night - any outs for them is a bonus. Harro - not the best game in origin tonight so hope he's ready to back up with a fab game for the Titans this weeked. Birdy didn't play the whole game this time so should be ready and raring to go!!!!!! Origin's over for this round.... now its onto a win for the mighty titans to finish off a great week :-)

remember 06 and 05 inglis, sigh those were the good old days, its like he just discovered mcdonalds after he lost the 06 final

teke
16-06-11, 12:23 AM
I hope Inglis does play cause Tomane and Mead will tear mr lazy man up if he takes it half ****d.

GoldCoastTitans100
16-06-11, 04:38 PM
I hope Inglis does play cause Tomane and Mead will tear mr lazy man up if he takes it half ****d.

Any player that plays half ****d will get torn apart

DIEHARD
16-06-11, 05:41 PM
I'm probably the most confident I have been for any game thus far this season.

I dearly hope that translates to a win down South.

Our games against the Rabbitohs are always good value.

Titan2007DH
16-06-11, 07:58 PM
Don't know whether or not you noticed but Ash topped tackle count and hitups going by the Courier Mail this morning. Mistakes are made by players a lot higher profile than Ashley and they don't worth a mention. I believe he tries too hard at times, or, of late, and this contributes to mistakes. Big Dave Taylor was running hard onto the ball and this constituted a forward pass. As for laying on the player for too long, he got pinged for it. NSW was doing all night and no penalties were awarded to QLD. I watch Ash's games very closely and he more than not does his job.There was a time in the game where, if Locky had of passed to his left, Ash would have been over the line. That could have changed the game. Did anyone see that? .. no, I didn't think so. :(

Supergoose
16-06-11, 11:31 PM
Definitely saw that - it was when Locky gave it to Cronk who got smashed by Lewis. Harrison is always good, but he has had a rough trot with a few dropped balls and a few niggly penalties. He's got to learn where North - South is because he had a dubious play the ball in the Origin which could've easily been pinged and that would've been number 3 for the season!

teke
17-06-11, 01:31 AM
Any player that plays half ****d will get torn apartThat's right and Mr Lazy man Inglis is probably the best at playing half ****d

DIEHARD
17-06-11, 05:48 AM
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Gold Coast Titans
June 17, 2011 ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Friday 7.35pm (AEST)

Last meeting: Round 2 2010 - Titans 19 bt Souths 18 at ANZ Stadium
Stats: Head-to-head
Referees: Jason Robinson, Brett Suttor
TV: Delay Channel 9 (from 9.30pm)
TAB Sportsbet: Souths $1.65 Titans $2.25
FootyTab: Titans +4.5

Greg Prichard writes: Both teams had two players involved in State of Origin II on Wednesday night - Greg Inglis and Dave Taylor for the Rabbitohs and Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird for the Titans. The Rabbitohs are coming off the bye, while the Titans won the road against a severely depleted Dragons side last weekend. Good luck to the Titans for getting the two points there, but the team the Dragons fielded didn't resemble the one that dominated the first half of the season to be on top of the competition table.

The win will no doubt give the Titans some confidence going into this game, but that has to be balanced against the fact they have been one of the biggest disappointments in the NRL this season. They are yet to win two games in a row, and have lost nine out of 13 overall. Before beating the Dragons, they lost four in a row. That said, the Rabbitohs are no good things. Injuries have hurt them a lot this season, but they still have the necessary players, in John Sutton, Chris Sandow, Issac Luke, Michael Crocker, Inglis and Taylor, to be very competitive in this match.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

DIEHARD
17-06-11, 09:38 AM
Beau out, Presto in against Bunnies

THE Titans will keep mid-season recruit Beau Henry on ice for at least another week after livewire veteran Preston Campbell passed a fitness test on his injured wrist yesterday.

Despite only linking with the Gold Coast in a whirlwind deal from the Newcastle Knights on Monday, Henry was placed on stand-by to line up against the Rabbitohs in Sydney tonight as cover for Campbell.

"Presto's wrist is OK, he will be fine to start," Titans coach John Cartwright said.

"He has been involved in most of our wins this year.

"He is a calming influence and I feel a lot better when he is around."

Campbell's inclusion means Henry will turn out for Queensland Cup feeder club Burleigh against Ipswich tonight.

Meanwhile Titans medical staff will assess Origin stars Ash Harrison and Greg Bird this morning before a final decision is made whether they will back up against the Rabbitohs.

Early indications were that NSW enforcer Bird would struggle to play just 48 hours after the brutal Blues triumph, while Harrison should be fit to take his place at lock.

The Titans travelled with a full squad in the event both players are ruled out, with Luke O'Dwyer likely to start at the back of the scrum and Ben Ridge keeping his spot on the bench.

Still anchored near the foot of the ladder, the Titans have the chance to make a surge over the coming weeks with the Rabbitohs clash followed by an encounter with the Sharks at Skilled Park and then the bye.

With several sides battling form problems in the middle of the table, the finals door is ajar for the Titans if they can string a wins together.

"Although we were disappointed with the first half of our season, it is all new now for us," skipper Scott Prince said. "We just have to finish the year really well."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

AmericanTitan
17-06-11, 10:09 AM
good to hear Presto is ok, he really played well I thought last week. That spine of Zilly, Presto, Princey, and Srama all played well actually. If they can keep in form things could really start to come together.

Has anyone heard reports on whether Birdy and Harro will backup tonight?

Either way it should be a great game. Let's buck that trend of not winning back to back and move on up the ladder! Go Titans!

Smakked
17-06-11, 01:47 PM
Its Delayed telecast aswell goddamnit i hate that crap, cant wait till foxtel take all the rights and show everygame live

gotitans101
17-06-11, 03:17 PM
Yep, it's channel 9's late game, crammed with a million ads. They don't deserve the rights to the great game of rugby league, but I'll leave that to another thread. :p

Boofhead
17-06-11, 04:42 PM
There are a few rumors going around that Bird is out and Harrison is OK.

TitansFan
17-06-11, 04:43 PM
Its Delayed telecast aswell goddamnit i hate that crap, cant wait till foxtel take all the rights and show everygame live

:ugh: PLEASE tell me that this could never happen....
Rugby League doesn't only belong to those who can afford pay tv.

Smakked
17-06-11, 04:48 PM
:ugh: PLEASE tell me that this could never happen....
Rugby League doesn't only belong to those who can afford pay tv.

It probably will as AFL has gone that way, these days it is who ever pays the most, and FOXTEL are on the hunt

DIEHARD
17-06-11, 05:36 PM
Delayed telecast oh snap... Looks like Im gonna have to boycott the internet and turn off the phone...

Read a book for a few hours and pretend it's live.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 05:53 PM
I remember last year when we played storm, telecast was delayed in both states (like tonight) and the 2 radio stations that cover nrl ( 2gb and abc) were both covering the game that was live on channel 9 (which was also broncos v dragons). Why must three different broadcast options have the same game live, and then not have any broadcast of the other game???:mad:

DIEHARD
17-06-11, 06:01 PM
I remember last year when we played storm, telecast was delayed in both states (like tonight) and the 2 radio stations that cover nrl ( 2gb and abc) were both covering the game that was live on channel 9 (which was also broncos v dragons). Why must three different broadcast options have the same game live, and then not have any broadcast of the other game???:mad:

True mate you prosecute a good case. It is outrageous. Im gonna have to disappear from the net in 90mins. We are so integrated these days that it would be impossible to not see spoilers.

Ryan
17-06-11, 06:32 PM
Delayed telecast oh snap... Looks like Im gonna have to boycott the internet and turn off the phone...

Read a book for a few hours and pretend it's live.
Easier said than done........ **** channel 9 are a bunch of ****ing ****s!

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:09 PM
South 12-0, they are getting all the ball so far. Henderson gone up the tunnel.

Titanic
17-06-11, 08:12 PM
we are back to the foot shooting version

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:14 PM
Just depressing reading LU's live updates, as I say that - Wesser went for a 60m run off the scrum feed.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/a_liveupdate.php?matchid=1205

Titanic
17-06-11, 08:15 PM
we are worse than bad :-(

Titanic
17-06-11, 08:16 PM
what can you say Boof ... we are just terrible ... I don't what to say positive except we look nice.

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:23 PM
Kicking game and ball control... our common problems. Not much to say, unless we win this I won't be watching the replay.

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:25 PM
39 min: Time off here: Ryan James has it seems hyper-extended his knee. On replay not a pretty sight. He is down being assisted by the medical staff.

39 min: Not a good sign for Ryan James as the MediCab has come onto the field to take him from the field. He hasn't moved at this stage, and he is great agony.

39 min: As a result Ryan James has been driven off the field. It could be a season ender for the young gun.

Oh please... Can't believe it, hope the bloke is ok.

Apparently Hendo is back on the side line and should take part in the second half.

Titanic
17-06-11, 08:30 PM
yep it's all bad I'm afraid ... it's pouring rain here in nanjing so our match bbq is under cover but the Titans supporters are losing interest rapidly.

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:34 PM
yep it's all bad I'm afraid ... it's pouring rain here in nanjing so our match bbq is under cover but the Titans supporters are losing interest rapidly.

Never say never mate... I would feel more confident with Ryan out there but I reckon the boys can give it a red hot crack...

If Souths go in for the first try in the second half, maybe just stick to the beers!

:drinkies:

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 08:36 PM
18 min: Knock on firstly from the souths side, and the titans collected the mess however the first tackle in the set. Penalty to the Souths for Titans walking off the mark. Penalty Count up to 3-1 in favour of the red and green.
I swear we are the only team that gets penalised for this

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:40 PM
Oh Jeez...

I just looked back to a few years ago, it was Round 15 2008 at ANZ against the Rabbitohs and we copped four injures to our forwards and got rolled by a bad South Sydney side...

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:45 PM
41 min: A questionable high shot from Zillman on Chris Sandow, penalty going to the Souths side as they attack now through Pettybourne.

Refs sounds like they are doing a pretty good job at shutting us out of the game.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 08:46 PM
Refs sounds like they are doing a pretty good job at shutting us out of the game.

I think they've been instructed to lol

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 08:48 PM
We are doing a good enough job ourselves

43 min: Toopi losing the ball for the Titans early in the set which gives the Rabbitohs a chance from a scrum feed.

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:48 PM
We need to score next to have any chance... I struggle to see how we can score 14 points in 35 minutes though.

Henry might be our savior.

Titanic
17-06-11, 08:50 PM
nah ... we are feral in all departments

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 08:52 PM
3 errors in 6 minutes is really not a good effort, especially for a team that is fighting for their season :(

Boofhead
17-06-11, 08:56 PM
54 min: Penalty Titans for a high shot from Greg Inglis on William Zillman. Titans have another chance at the line as they have the penalty inside the 30m line of the Souths line.

COME ONNNN!

Titanic
17-06-11, 08:59 PM
we don't deserve that but i'll take it

Boofhead
17-06-11, 09:00 PM
56 min: Video Referee says TRY Benefit of the Doubt! On the last tackle and their 2nd chance at the line, and Scott Prince going to the open side with a high kick. Firstly going up for the ball was Joseph Tomane he missed and then David Mead collected the bouncing ball for a try. Souths out on their feed at the goal line.
South Sydney Rabbitohs 14-4

MIRACLE...

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 09:02 PM
Finally on the board :) now hopefully some confidence to follow

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 09:03 PM
Now a mistake off the kickoff :mad:

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 09:05 PM
TOMANE!!!!!!!! :)

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 09:05 PM
Tomane scored 14-8

Boofhead
17-06-11, 09:07 PM
Prince has missed both...

Titanic
17-06-11, 09:08 PM
Thompson lifts his knee and looses the ball .. so stupid

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 09:16 PM
71 min: John Sutton may of pressed the self-destruct button already, as he has kicked it out on the full. Titans attacking inside the Souths 30m.

C'MON

Titanic
17-06-11, 09:18 PM
why why why? .. how can we be so pathetic?

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 09:19 PM
Just not our year....

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 09:20 PM
and there goes our chance of coming back with a Merrit try :mad:

AmericanTitan
17-06-11, 09:20 PM
my head hurts from watching this game. Too many errors, not enough ball control, way too many missed tackles.

And now offside on the kickoff.

So frustrating.

Boofhead
17-06-11, 09:22 PM
Just sad...

AmericanTitan
17-06-11, 09:24 PM
I don't mind losing. I do mind giving up. I think the Titans gave up tonight.

Titanic
17-06-11, 09:24 PM
oh no ... no more ... sh!t

Boofhead
17-06-11, 09:27 PM

Well said, it was a 7 point margin with 10 to go... blowing it out to a 23 point loss is just ridiculous.

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 09:27 PM
Three tries in the last six minutes...... I don't think Cartwright can dream about a final appearance.

I hope this last signing is good one cause it is the only good news for the rest of the year I think.

Smakked
17-06-11, 09:28 PM
We are looking like a Joke in the NRL at the moment.

Well now the finals are out of reach so they may start playing because there is nothing to play for.

SunnyCoastTitanFan
17-06-11, 09:29 PM
Getting flogged by Souths 31-8 thats embarrassing, two more losses till we're mathematically impossible, and worst of all we are back at the bottom of the ladder

patskE
17-06-11, 09:58 PM
so i am guessing henry will getting a run next week. anyone see another other changes?
i dont even wanna watch the game now. to painful

Coaster
17-06-11, 10:08 PM
The first 20 min was enough for me to see what dribble they offered.

Checked the score and wasn't proved wrong.

eelectrica
17-06-11, 10:09 PM
Must win game against the Sharks next week. The wooden spoon is becoming a very real possibility.

And Carty as for finals I'll let this guy explain it to ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE&feature=related

Coaster
17-06-11, 10:15 PM
I am not going next week.

Why should I.

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 10:19 PM
What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

LOL classic so true....

eelectrica
17-06-11, 10:19 PM

Why should I.

I'll be there, might bring my iPod though. Get a constant rotation of Slayer going, that'll be a nice counterpoint to whatever the Titans dish up.

titansrawesome
17-06-11, 10:22 PM

Why should I.

valid point, 31-8 is pretty damn awful especially against a mediocre team like south sydney, and please no one try and convince me souths are that good or any good because they aren't. cartwright you must change your tactics please obviously your attack is not working at all and your defense is coming undone too now

gotitans101
17-06-11, 10:22 PM
The first 20 min was enough for me to see what dribble they offered.

Checked the score and wasn't proved wrong.

Same.

We're pathetic.

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 10:23 PM

Why should I.

I supported.

Giants
Seagulls
Chargers
North Sydney Bears
Now the Titans

You know why I go because I don't want my team to go bankrupt and dissapear again. :(

Coaster
17-06-11, 10:26 PM
I supported.

Giants
Seagulls
Chargers
North Sydney Bears
Now the Titans

You know why I go because I don't want my team to go bankrupt and dissapear again. :(

I have 3 membershiPs. I do my best to keep this club alive. But I won't stand there and cheer this rabble of a team.

titansrawesome
17-06-11, 10:31 PM
16 Titans 4 10 0 1 -107 10

thats the table for titans 16th place 4 wins 10 losses 1 bye, what a sad sad season. but i along with very few of you will be ok because the titans season might be all but over but i can still support my wallabies and reds this year. as for the titans it would take a better run then parra 09 to get us out of this hole.

GCTitans11
17-06-11, 10:31 PM
They will come good next year. Every team has a year like this.

titansrawesome
17-06-11, 10:35 PM
I would rather watch Titans get flogged while my wife was getting rodgered by a black man then watch union.

oh coaster:laugh:

Titanic
17-06-11, 10:49 PM
Ryan James is lucky ... at least he doesn't have to be associated with whatever crap we are going deal up for the rest of the season.

And Coaster me old mate ... you wouldn't get the chance ... Tezza's too busy celebrating the Ponies win.

matti
17-06-11, 10:53 PM
I had fun at the game, tho the ANZ stuff are gayy , game finishes and they push you out. You cant say every team has there year, we only been in the comp 4 years. We are babys... Melb storm have been going well every year besides there rort they still went well

titansrawesome
17-06-11, 10:57 PM
at least tomane and mead combo works well, 2 tries each for them in 2 weeks

karnage
17-06-11, 11:07 PM
We beat a reserve grade team last week and we looked every bit like one tonight. I sounded like Phil Gould tonight saying 'no no no no no'.

We scored 8 points all from poorly defended kicks against a rubbish team. Pathetic. Tomane and Mead gifted Souths their first try courtesy of some horrible work defusing a kick. That play was more telling than either of the 2 lackluster tries they scored in exactly the same manner. Neither of them should get anywhere near first grade next year.

2012 can't come soon enough.

karnage
17-06-11, 11:10 PM
Preston was terrible. Prince was terrible. Toopi was ineffective. We sucked from 1 to 17.

titansrawesome
17-06-11, 11:15 PM
watch the video i think from the last page

Steve Dangerous
17-06-11, 11:32 PM
Apparently there were 8000 people there tonight. Not sure where they were hiding. Not a good look.

Mushi
17-06-11, 11:33 PM
Well that was just woeful!!!!! I love the Titans and will still be there to cheer them on next week but seriously - we made the rabbitohs look good! Through mistakes and stupid penalities and just nothing - where is our spark, our go forward and our passion???

Gosh its frustrating being a supporter through this time - but thats what we do as supporters I suppose - stick by through thick and thin - GEE its hard to watch a team as good as we are play so badly week in and week out!

sucks to lose Ryan too - and did Bailey go off injured?????

I missed the last 6 minutes of the game - after checking the score - couldn't stand to watch that disaster :-( Now our fight for the season is to not win the wooden spoon!

teke
17-06-11, 11:38 PM
Not a good game at all, even my bunny mates were laughing with me at how much dribble was dished up.

teke
17-06-11, 11:44 PM
Neither of them should get anywhere near first grade next year. Hold up they didnt play that badly. Actually thought they were 2 players that didnt play that bad.

Nick
17-06-11, 11:46 PM
That was one of the worst footy games I have ever watched. Sunshine Coast sea eagles would have beaten souths tonight yet we ruined every opportunity we had. I dont think i have ever seen so many inside balls thrown! it was just so predictable.
There had better be a huge change in attitude next week otherwise a few will lose their spots in the squad..

....Ill be watching next week, just to watch taga knock some sense into some players.

teke
17-06-11, 11:51 PM
That was one of the worst footy games I have ever watched. Sunshine Coast sea eagles would have beaten souths tonight yet we ruined every opportunity we had. I dont think i have ever seen so many inside balls thrown! it was just so predictable.Yep, those frigin inside balls were doing my head in. Same stuff over and over, how many times did either centre touch it? Teams only need to defend the middle half of the field coming up against a Titans side.

I couldnt say it was one of the worst games I have seen cause I have seen every Titans match this year, pretty hard to rank them :laugh:

titansrawesome
17-06-11, 11:57 PM
Yep, those frigin inside balls were doing my head in. Same stuff over and over, how many times did either centre touch it? Teams only need to defend the middle half of the field coming up against a Titans side.

I couldnt say it was one of the worst games I have seen cause I have seen every Titans match this year, pretty hard to rank them :laugh:

teke you can be half happy, i reckon manly will be in the grand final this year, there whole team and coaching is a gem and i knew daly cherry evans would be good

teke
18-06-11, 12:00 AM
teke you can be half happy, i reckon manly will be in the grand final this year, there whole team and coaching is a gem and i knew daly cherry evans would be good:D Yeah I know, at beginning of the year I expected Manly to be where Titans are and Titans to be up top. Still a Titans fan while my mates are playing for them.

Give me that avatar you owe me now....please :D

Nick
18-06-11, 12:07 AM
on a brighter note, ipswich flogged burleigh tonight, yet again capewell was said to have another good game. Wonder if he will get the promotion back into the top grade anytime soon??

titansrawesome
18-06-11, 12:19 AM
:D Yeah I know, at beginning of the year I expected Manly to be where Titans are and Titans to be up top. Still a Titans fan while my mates are playing for them.

Give me that avatar you owe me now....please :D

yeah me too i was expecting manly 9th and titans 6th, i was sort of right titans 6...teenth:doh: but manly i hope faces the cowboys or broncos in the final and wins it, but then again lockyers retiring and they sent webke out with a bang

teke
18-06-11, 03:07 AM
Just watched the replay and I gotta repeat what has been repeated many times this year...the attacking structure is really really one dimensional. The plodding up the middle turning balls inside is just bread and butter for the defence. On the rare occasions they went wide they had success with yards and quick play the balls that put them on the front foot which allowed for some good attacking space elsewhere.

We could nitpick for all eternity about which player did this and that but it is becoming clearer as the weeks pass by that the structure that once worked is no longer working. Andrew Johns touched on it, Phil Gould has touched on it etc etc.

The losing doesnt bother me, it's the way they keep persisting with the same boring poo. If Titans play the same way next year with the new recruits do we think the results are going to be diff? Im not so sure.

Titans to flog sharks by 30 :D

bigjim
18-06-11, 04:04 AM
Honestly, this team couldn't beat Sharks on their best day,
I now know we will not make the eight.
Nothing in attack. Prince is devoid of ideas. This is why he never really got into Origin. He's not good enough.
W

bigjim
18-06-11, 04:10 AM
How the hell can you be just 6 points down with less than minutes to go and end up losing to the extent we lost.
Something is drastically wrong with the Titans.

bigjim
18-06-11, 04:17 AM
After that performance someone has to go. Either Cartwright or Prince or both.
I don't like to be to critical but honestly the team doesn't seem to have any clue what there doing.

TITAN PETE
18-06-11, 08:04 AM
Pathetic performance from a team that looked like it didn't want to be out there , the 1st 2 Souths try's were under 12's efforts :?) & the players involved should be embarrassed ..why didn't Anyone jump for the ball:(

The 1st 2 changes that have to be made for next weeks game is Presto back to the bench (the only place he should ever be picked) & the most Predictable halfback in the competition should be sent back to the QLD Cup to try & find his old form just as Todd Carney has for the Roosters or suddenly come down with a season ending injury & give us a chance of bringing some attacking flair into our side....

7. Capewell
6. Rankin/Henry

The loss of James for the rest of the year is the worst part about tonight's loss, he is one of if not the only player that has put in 100% in every match this year..

DIEHARD
18-06-11, 08:46 AM
That was a nightmare, the worst I have seen us play and I expected so much more. It was like all our crimes and bad habbits manifested out there.

It now looks like the Finals may truly be out of reach. That breaks my heart but I'm a fan who believes that every game is an independent competition. And I expect fire and I expect us to use the rest of 2011 to be a chance to experiment.

And if we can't make the Finals, I simply demand that we beat the Broncos at Lang Park!

The saddest things from last night above our last minutes capitulation which blew out the score was certainly the nasty injury to Ryan James. He was brilliant as usual before he went down and seeing him medicabbed from the field really summed up the night.

But I thought Zillman and Bailey were probably the pick of the team, always tried. As soon as the game ended I fell asleep. Woke up and realised that it wasn't just a nightmare.

Cronulla are going to be an incredibly tough team, they play with grit and that spells trouble for us.

I was stunned how empty the stadium looked and the NRL really needs to turn that type of thing around. It looks horrible. Souths need to play at the SFS...

Well done to the Southern Legion and Titans fans who went down. I'm sorry we didn't win, especially for you guys and girls.

I was really hoping that we'd have a convincing win to return to Skilled Park on, all I can say is give the Titans another chance and please support us at the Sharks game at Skilled Park.

lonegull
18-06-11, 09:18 AM
pathetic, just plain pathetic. No heart or passion

Titanic
18-06-11, 09:51 AM
Bloody Paul Gallen could take on our entire forward pack by himself and not raise a sweat ... add Tagataese to that and we are going to have a tough night at the office.

GoldCoastTitans100
18-06-11, 10:14 AM
I had a feeling Prince would revert back sh!t when he played a decent opposition, Round 15 and the Prince has had maybe 3 good games what a super star !
Don't worry Ryan he will come good soon ;)

Only a couple of players put in 100%
Next week
1. Walker
6. William Zillman
7. Luke Capewell

Mushi
18-06-11, 10:14 AM
NO unfortunately Diehard - it wasn't a nightmare!!!! But the boys are going to have to find something to get over the sharks or we are serious wooden spoon contenders! I really hope that since our chance of finals football is pretty much over that the boys start playing with a bit of flair and passion and maybe some experiments with players won't go astray either. I've never been a big one for changing the team week in and week out but after that display last night....... I still don't blame any one particular player though - NO ONE had the spark last night - it was a second rate performance by the team and we made the rabbitohs look good :-O

TitansFan2020
18-06-11, 10:21 AM
would like this nnext week after such a gastly peformance
1.Walker
2.Zillman
3.Michaels
4.mead
5.tomane
6.henry
7.prince
8.bailey
9.srama
10.white
11.laffranchi
12.bird
13.harrison

14. thompson
15. henderson
16. campbell
17. minichello

Titan Dad
18-06-11, 10:36 AM
Pathetic performance from a team that looked like it didn't want to be out there , the 1st 2 Souths try's were under 12's efforts :?) & the players involved should be embarrassed ..why didn't Anyone jump for the ball:(

The 1st 2 changes that have to be made for next weeks game is Presto back to the bench (the only place he should ever be picked) & the most Predictable halfback in the competition should be sent back to the QLD Cup to try & find his old form just as Todd Carney has for the Roosters or suddenly come down with a season ending injury & give us a chance of bringing some attacking flair into our side....

7. Capewell
6. Rankin/Henry

The loss of James for the rest of the year is the worst part about tonight's loss, he is one of if not the only player that has put in 100% in every match this year..

This is spot on Titan PETE, and with the loss of our best forward just simply hurts us even more. Any isea on how serious the injury is and the length of recovery for Ryan. I wish him a speedy recovery for our sake.:doh:

GoldCoastTitans100
18-06-11, 10:40 AM
would like this nnext week after such a gastly peformance

6.henry
7.prince

I said it before, that would be the worst halves combination in the NRL.

Ryan
18-06-11, 11:18 AM
So the team misses 55 tackles, concedes 18 points in 5mins - and it's all Prince's fault again? :zzzz:

I hope Prince does sit out a few weeks, then when the team continues to lose the same way week in week out, you wankers might realize an individual player is not the source of our problem....

Presto had as many receives as Prince, and got the same results - yet no-one is questioning his creativity or attacking flare. Well Gee - just maybe it's the lack of attacking support from the team in general? Nah can't be - just sack Prince and all our problems will be solved :rolleyes:

See ya's all in the Cronulla thread for another spate of ridiculous team lineup requests :thumbsup:

GoldCoastTitans100
18-06-11, 11:28 AM
It's all Prince's fault again? :zzzz:

I hope Prince does sit out a few weeks, then when the team continues to lose the same way week in week out, you wankers might realize an individual player is not the source of our problem....

Presto had as many receives as Prince, and got the same results - yet no-one is questioning his creativity or attacking flare. Well Gee - just maybe it's the lack of attacking support from the team in general? Nah can't be - just sack Prince and all our problems will be solved :rolleyes:

See ya's all in the Cronulla thread for another spate of ridiculous team lineup requests :thumbsup:

Drop Prince and 50% of the problems are solved.
Then we will have someone who can kick the ball without landing it into the fullback or wings arms, less predictable passing and running game and someone who can tackle.

This would build confidence when we start winning games, if we start playing Henry well that's just a step down from playing Prince.

Ryan
18-06-11, 11:47 AM
Drop Prince and 50% of the problems are solved.
Then we will have someone who can kick the ball without landing it into the fullback or wings arms, less predictable passing and running game and someone who can tackle.

This would build confidence when we start winning games, if we start playing Henry well that's just a step down from playing Prince.
Prince made far more meters from kicks than any of the other halves last night, and the Rabbitohs back three didn't make any more meters from kick returns than ours did.

Who is Prince suppose to pass to when there is no-one running onto the ball?
How should he run the ball when there is no-one running in support, no decoys creating holes and no-one running through to collect a short kick?
The team missed 55 tackles last night - put Prince down for 2 of them.

* Feeling the need to edit my posts when you quote them? :laugh:

Geeman
18-06-11, 11:47 AM
pathetic, just plain pathetic. No heart or passion

I agree, for the first time ever, I didn't even watch till the final whistle, I figured if the titans had given up, I probably should too. Even more disappointing to find out the next morning we leaked 2 more tries!
Hopefully we can regain last season's never give up attitude, and soon!!!

GoldCoastTitans100
18-06-11, 11:58 AM
1. Prince made far more meters from kicks than any of the other halves last night

and the Rabbitohs back three didn't make any more meters from kick returns than ours did.

Who is Prince suppose to pass to when there is no-one running onto the ball?

How should he run the ball when there is no-one running in support, no decoys creating holes and no-one running through to collect a short kick?

The team missed 55 tackles last night - put Prince down for 2 of them.

1. Prince may have made more meters but he still only hit the back line of the full and when he wasn't doing that he was kicking it out for a 20min tap.

Once again Prince was kicking it out for 20 taps so that does not help them run the ball back does it.

Maybe this time that was a problem but that doesn't explain the other games this season

Once again your reason does not explain every game apart from three or four this season.

So how many tackles did he make?

Geeman
18-06-11, 12:00 PM

Well said.

Ryan
18-06-11, 12:20 PM
1. Prince may have made more meters but he still only hit the back line of the full and when he wasn't doing that he was kicking it out for a 20min tap.

Once again Prince was kicking it out for 20 taps so that does not help them run the ball back does it.

Maybe this time that was a problem but that doesn't explain the other games this season

Once again your reason does not explain every game apart from three or four this season.

So how many tackles did he make?
You criticize Prince for kicking it to the backline on the full and conceding meters - yet you have absolutely nothing to back that up, it's you that needs to provide reason.

Prince made more tackles than any of our other backs....

GoldCoastTitans100
18-06-11, 12:23 PM
You criticize Prince for kicking it to the backline on the full and conceding meters - yet you have absolutely nothing to back that up, it's you that needs to provide reason.

Prince made more tackles than any of our other backs....

hah,
I could record the stat my self of how many times he does it but you would find a reason to say i made them up.

Ryan
18-06-11, 12:27 PM
hah,
I could record the stat my self of how many times he does it but you would find a reason to say i made them up.
Well it wouldn't be hard to find that reason considering it exists!
It's clear that you make sh!t up as you go along, that's why it's so easy to catch you out...

GoldCoastTitans100
18-06-11, 12:34 PM
Well it wouldn't be hard to find that reason considering it exists!

Does it :laugh:
Your in denial about Prince.

teke
18-06-11, 01:07 PM
I asked the boys, Tomane called for it but didnt get there.

bigjim
18-06-11, 01:08 PM
Prince is our captain, our leader and playmaker.
You don't need to keep stats to know he's not fulfilling his responsibilities.
How many times did the Titans really threaten their line or make a clean break.
I've said it before, we are nothing without Friend and Rogers. That was our real strength last season. It was the combo of Prince and these two that made us effective. Prince is lost without them and devoid of any original ideas.

thelwall
18-06-11, 01:17 PM
ive said this time and time again , you cant expect prince to do everything , prince is one player of 17 , so why dont you stop bagging players and maybe support your team, but half of you will only support when we win , great spirit we have here on this forum. makes me bloody sick

teke
18-06-11, 01:18 PM
So the team misses 55 tackles, concedes 18 points in 5mins - and it's all Prince's fault again? :zzzz:

See ya's all in the Cronulla thread for another spate of ridiculous team lineup requests :thumbsup:I agree, lumping this on Prince is ridiculous.

Steelers
18-06-11, 01:20 PM
I didn't watch the game, but how did Srama go this week?

teke
18-06-11, 01:22 PM
I didn't watch the game, but how did Srama go this week?He did alright I suppose, not as effective as last week but he was under real good pressure from Isaac Luke.

Titan_Blue
18-06-11, 01:37 PM
I asked the boys, Tomane called for it but didnt get there.

Yeah it looked like poor communication.

Those midfield kicks can be pretty difficult, it's hard for the winger to get there in time. I wonder if Tomane knew it was going to be so short when he called for it.

They're certainly not the first centre-wing pair to get burned by Dave Taylor...

Ryan
18-06-11, 01:38 PM
Prince is our captain, our leader and playmaker.
You don't need to keep stats to know he's not fulfilling his responsibilities.
How many times did the Titans really threaten their line or make a clean break.
I've said it before, we are nothing without Friend and Rogers. That was our real strength last season. It was the combo of Prince and these two that made us effective. Prince is lost without them and devoid of any original ideas.
One player can't threaten the line, one player can easily be covered in defense and even targeted. What were the other 16 players doing when Prince got the ball?

How do you expect the line to be broken simply by giving the ball to the halfback? Where were the support runners, decoy runners and options available to Prince? What else could he do other than kick across for a 50%er?

Everyone on this forum raves about Presto's ability and leadership - Well he was in the #6 for 80mins last night, yet not a mention of his input, performance or leadership.

Doesn't matter who the player is, what position he plays or whether he has a 'c' next to his name or not - he's not gonna win the game on his own, there are 17 blokes on that field that need to put their hand up....

Coaster
18-06-11, 01:50 PM
I think it is Princes fault but not for the reasons stated above.
It is Prices fault because he is Captain and should be demanding more from
The players around him. Him and Preston are trying to run every play, which is killing us and Zillman is the reason our defense is so poor.

Hindy even mentioned how quiet they are, prince should be directing plays without getting involved. He should be telling the forwards exactly where he wants them and leading them. Instead they are watching him and trying to run decoys for him.

Someone needs to put a rocket up Zillman, it is his job to direct our defense, and motivate the forwards and whole line. Standing at the back day dreaming is pathetic

There a bunch of individuals ATM. No communication at all.
Prince and Zillman should never ever shut there mouths.

teke
18-06-11, 02:07 PM
Yeah it looked like poor communication.

Those midfield kicks can be pretty difficult, it's hard for the winger to get there in time. I wonder if Tomane knew it was going to be so short when he called for it.

They're certainly not the first centre-wing pair to get burned by Dave Taylor...They were embarrassed and they wont let that happen again. I think this pairing is vastly under utilised, if they saw more ball in hand it would help the team out alot.

TitansFan
18-06-11, 03:19 PM
Another disappointing performance last night, and a lot of discussion on here about which players are letting the team down, and the usual suggestions of massive re-shuffles which just wouldn't work any better.

But there is an ELEPHANT in this room which very few of you want to tackle. The coach.

I know that John Cartwright is the nicest guy in the world, and personally I'd love to see the team winning for him. But I'm a proud Gold Coaster, and I'm sick of my home town being represented by teams which don't win anything except wooden spoons.

Great coaches like Bennett/Bellamy/Sheens can take a rabble, give everyone a job within a good game plan, and create a winning team. The 2011 Titans are a team full of very talented players, but it seems to me that they don't have any confidence in themselves or each other, and it shows in their performances. Is it time to question if they are being well coached?

I'm not calling for Cartwright to be booted, but maybe he needs a good assistant with some fresh ideas or something? I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for saying that, but I've never actually cared whether the team are called Giants, Seagulls, Chargers, whatever. And I don't care how nice a guy the coach is either. I just finally want this city to have a team we can be proud of.

Steelers
18-06-11, 03:47 PM
I'm not calling for Cartwright to be booted, but maybe he needs a good assistant with some fresh ideas or something?

You aren't the first person to suggest this, and I doubt you will be the last. It is something that needs to happen.

DIEHARD
18-06-11, 04:14 PM
The players around him. Him and Preston are trying to run every play, which is killing us and Zillman is the reason our defense is so poor.

Hindy even mentioned how quiet they are, prince should be directing plays without getting involved. He should be telling the forwards exactly where he wants them and leading them. Instead they are watching him and trying to run decoys for him.

Someone needs to put a rocket up Zillman, it is his job to direct our defense, and motivate the forwards and whole line. Standing at the back day dreaming is pathetic

I think that has alot of truth to it, I also agree that Prince doesn't hav e many options because we are nearly devoid of runners and decoys. And we have the firepower of a pop gun as a result.

titansrawesome
18-06-11, 06:02 PM
Another disappointing performance last night, and a lot of discussion on here about which players are letting the team down, and the usual suggestions of massive re-shuffles which just wouldn't work any better.

But there is an ELEPHANT in this room which very few of you want to tackle. The coach.

I know that John Cartwright is the nicest guy in the world, and personally I'd love to see the team winning for him. But I'm a proud Gold Coaster, and I'm sick of my home town being represented by teams which don't win anything except wooden spoons.

Great coaches like Bennett/Bellamy/Sheens can take a rabble, give everyone a job within a good game plan, and create a winning team. The 2011 Titans are a team full of very talented players, but it seems to me that they don't have any confidence in themselves or each other, and it shows in their performances. Is it time to question if they are being well coached?

I'm not calling for Cartwright to be booted, but maybe he needs a good assistant with some fresh ideas or something? I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for saying that, but I've never actually cared whether the team are called Giants, Seagulls, Chargers, whatever. And I don't care how nice a guy the coach is either. I just finally want this city to have a team we can be proud of.

this this this, no one wants to say maybe our gameplans or coaching is wrong, ill ask you all this question if tim sheens/bellamy/bennett/hasler was coach instead where would we be? i would say top 4 easily to each of them, we have the talent we just aren't being coached right especially if you look at our attacking contrast from now to 07 when we were the entertainers and we smashed parra by 28 and we were brilliant in attack and good in defense except for the injury toll we had. but whenever me or titanic or the quoted individual say this stuff you guys always say the same old thing ' you think you can coach better'. im sure carty is a brilliant guy but nice guys sometimes finish last (no pun intended)

eelectrica
18-06-11, 06:54 PM
Our two main coaches are both former forwards, We need to add a halves/backs coach to the list I feel. Someone who can look at an opponents defence and dismantle it.
At the moment a blind man could defend against us because we're so predicatable. The only surprise is where Scotty Princes kicks are going to end up. They could end up anywhere and do.

Chaos
18-06-11, 08:35 PM

If you want an attacking structure...you need to train for it.
These guys a mirroring their training drills...if they weren't, the coach would drop them.
If they are, then coach needs to address his attacking style.

Titanmudgee
18-06-11, 11:07 PM
We can all speculate about all the reasons why we are going so poorly. Aiming at certain players, the captain some even blaming the coach. I actually believe the reason for this years terrible season comes down to one thing. At the start of the year almost half the squad were coming off contract at the end of 2011 season. If anyone hear talks with any of the guys in one of these positions you would know as much as me that they are so so distracted from thinking about playing as part of a team but more focused on playing and making an impact as an individual and trying to secure there future. As a result there is very little team thinking/bonding going on but more a bunch of individuals doing whatever they can midweek after training to sort out next year.

I would love to hear others thoughts on this. I actually really think the NRL has to review the whole way and time that contract discussions ate conducted mid season and even the fact that players can change clubs right up to 30 June as per taga.

I know for a fact the majority of out players have close to zero confidence in themselves and that is mostly due to the fact that carty constantly plays games about who is playing and where right up to an hour before kick off most weeks. So many of them are so busy thinking about themselves, will they play this week, will they have a contract next year that they have compleltey forgotten to play for each other. They are a very disunited bunch just ask taga it really didn't take much for him to leave and was a classic case of being caught up in cartys u/16's coaching games.

Thoughts?

SunnyCoastTitanFan
19-06-11, 12:35 AM
We can all speculate about all the reasons why we are going so poorly. Aiming at certain players, the captain some even blaming the coach. I actually believe the reason for this years terrible season comes down to one thing. At the start of the year almost half the squad were coming off contract at the end of 2011 season. If anyone hear talks with any of the guys in one of these positions you would know as much as me that they are so so distracted from thinking about playing as part of a team but more focused on playing and making an impact as an individual and trying to secure there future. As a result there is very little team thinking/bonding going on but more a bunch of individuals doing whatever they can midweek after training to sort out next year.

I would love to hear others thoughts on this. I actually really think the NRL has to review the whole way and time that contract discussions ate conducted mid season and even the fact that players can change clubs right up to 30 June as per taga.

I know for a fact the majority of out players have close to zero confidence in themselves and that is mostly due to the fact that carty constantly plays games about who is playing and where right up to an hour before kick off most weeks. So many of them are so busy thinking about themselves, will they play this week, will they have a contract next year that they have compleltey forgotten to play for each other. They are a very disunited bunch just ask taga it really didn't take much for him to leave and was a classic case of being caught up in cartys u/16's coaching games.

Thoughts?

These are some very interesting ideas, and a good way of looking at it in my opinion. Most people would usually think that if they are playing for their contract, they'll play well, but in a situation like this, where there are so many players coming off contract, you could potentially get a bunch of players playing for themselves, rather than as a team, which harms the flow of the game and causes players to stray from the gameplan.

I reckon this could be avoided with the time limits of player contracts to be more spread out, so there is a maximum of say 5 players (a mix between young and experienced players) off contract per year. This could give management more time to focus on who they want to resign and who they want to replace. This could also be beneficial in a situation such as say if we had won the comp last year, then the market value of all our 2010 players would have gone up, making it more unlikely that we could keep a great deal of them as well as sign all the players we that have for next year. Well that's my opinion of it anyway.

teke
19-06-11, 12:43 AM

Thoughts?You raise a good point and to a degree self confidence in some players is non existent. Without getting into too much debate there are a heap of off contract players who have been told they wont be getting resigned for next year and they just dont care.

Ryan
19-06-11, 07:40 AM

Thoughts?
I agree, I posted the same thoughts a few weeks ago.
Follow the link to my quote, there is a thread on this:

The stats aren't the reason, they are the result of the reason. We are playing the same team as least year bar Rogers, and have gone from the top of the table to the bottom. A team full of professional athletes do not lose their ability so quickly. Team spirit on the other hand - can be lost quicker than a NSW points lead.
I'm guessing team morale has taken a hit with so many off contract and the flow on effect of signings and non-signings.... Just my 2 cents....

Titanic
19-06-11, 02:34 PM
Yes sure, this is a contributing factor but the gun needs to be pointed equally at those who are signing the cheques and those who are earning them.

If we as fans and members are to take this as a reason then the effort put in should be reflected by (1) their selection and (2) the culture managament provides.

My point being, as has been stated many times; players come and go in professional sport BUT the club has a responsibility to create an environment for all those contracted to perform until they go ... not just slack off towards the end of their time. Player accountability has to be assured and that IS the job of the management, coach and captain.

teke
20-06-11, 02:39 AM
My point being, as has been stated many times; players come and go in professional sport BUT the club has a responsibility to create an environment for all those contracted to perform until they go ... not just slack off towards the end of their time. Player accountability has to be assured and that IS the job of the management, coach and captain.Much easier said than done.

Titanic
21-06-11, 01:59 PM
Much easier said than done.

Totally agree but that's their job ... playing is a tough job too but they all must be accountable.