Billy Ngawini
Dallas McIlwain
Ben Czislowski

wow look how good the bulldogs are :]

Your opinions on the squad?

DIEHARD
12-01-06, 03:15 AM
Strong squad.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is going to step up and play 5/8th this year?

Looking forward to seeing a lot more of Billy Ngawini.

qld power
12-01-06, 05:29 AM
not a fan of the doggies but for nz and qlsd hope sonny bill and willie tonga can keep injury free :)

SOLIOLA
12-01-06, 09:26 AM
Daniel Holdsworth will be the Bulldogs 5/8 for Season 2006

Go_The_Doggies
12-01-06, 09:32 AM
The side is looking goooood :):D

Kingytek
12-01-06, 01:11 PM
A very strong squad which I am very happy with. Do you know if anyone in the squad is carrying any injuries or are they injury free to start the season?
I hope nothing bad happens in the trials so they can't start the season at 100%
Bulldogs will be number 1 in 2006!

Dragons
12-01-06, 06:28 PM
Puppies............haha

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 09:25 PM
Strong squad.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is going to step up and play 5/8th this year?

Looking forward to seeing a lot more of Billy Ngawini.

yes as soliola said daniel holdsworth is our number 1 choice for 5/8th, i dont know if you have seen the kid play, but when barrett was out he played first grade for a game for the dragons and his kicking game was very good...

probably would have been the same circumstances as johnathon thurston when he was at canterbury, because he was playing under trent(just like thurston was braith)he never got a crack at first grade for the club, but with any other club he would be a regular first grader...

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 09:26 PM
A very strong squad which I am very happy with. Do you know if anyone in the squad is carrying any injuries or are they injury free to start the season?
I hope nothing bad happens in the trials so they can't start the season at 100%
Bulldogs will be number 1 in 2006!

It looks like everybody will be fit and well for the trials, even sbw and willie tonga look likely to play atm.

Everybody is back at training and going well...

Super Cronk
12-01-06, 09:28 PM
If the doggies can keep a fit team on the park every week then i think the bulldogs will be one of the top teams in 2006.

Research Station Drive
12-01-06, 09:34 PM
Holdsworth has a fairly solid kicking game. His long kicks are better than his short kicks (could use some more variety).

He's a solid player, he won't cause you too many problems. But, he's not going to set the world on fire either.

Could Trent Cutler handle 5/8?

What's happened to Brett Oliver?

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 09:42 PM
Holdsworth has a fairly solid kicking game. His long kicks are better than his short kicks (could use some more variety).

He's a solid player, he won't cause you too many problems. But, he's not going to set the world on fire either.

Could Trent Cutler handle 5/8?

What's happened to Brett Oliver?

personally not living in sydney and not seeing the bulldogs PL team play often i couldnt say much about if trent cutler could handle it...

and as far as ive heard brett oliver hasn't been re-signed

Research Station Drive
12-01-06, 09:45 PM
personally not living in sydney and not seeing the bulldogs PL team play often i couldnt say much about if trent cutler could handle it...

and as far as ive heard brett oliver hasn't been re-signed

Thanks for that TDB.

I played against both those blokes growing up. Oliver represented all the way through the juniors, but I never thought he was that flash.

Cutler, on the other hand, has a wealth of talent. There used to be a lot of *****ing about him because his Father is Stan Cutler, but he always had the talent. The biggest question marks were on his size.

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 09:52 PM
Thanks for that TDB.

I played against both those blokes growing up. Oliver represented all the way through the juniors, but I never thought he was that flash.

Cutler, on the other hand, has a wealth of talent. There used to be a lot of *****ing about him because his Father is Stan Cutler, but he always had the talent. The biggest question marks were on his size.

Yeh, never meeting him or never actually getting to see him play until last year (and tv doesnt really justify size too well) i never realised how small he was until seeing a picture of him standing next to patten,armit and hughes.

Hes not much taller then me according to his stats. lol

There is allot of support for him from canterbury supporters. Allot believe that he will be our future fullback...

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 09:55 PM
the picture i am refering to

http://tinypic.com/k341o4.jpg

Titanium_BD1103
12-01-06, 10:06 PM
Cutler can play 5/8 RSD.. he has done it before for the PL team and done it with quite some success.. but they are looking at him as another fullback or winger.. that is how it is seen.. :)

THAT team Tahl I agree is super strong.. I like the look of it.. and I look forward to seeing what Cizza can bring this season with a full off season under his belt.. he look fit now.. :) .. and Holdsworth looks primed and ready to go.. :D

Add that Nate Myles will have gained from his experience last year and will be a strong back up and SBW is back.. this is one of the strongest lineups I have seen in a long time.

LOL I put Holdsworth in RL2 for the Bulldogs and he hammered Anasta for the Roosters.. sorry had to add that, hope that is what happens when 06 season starts... ;)

YAY for us.. we are, if we keep injury free a team to beat in 2006 once again... :D

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 10:11 PM
Nate Myles will make origin next year i think... man he is going to be something great...

Holdsworth is very fit!!! He did well in the triathalon(cant spell)

From the training pictures ive seen i cant wait to see the players this year.

Although im over hughes... he shouldnt be in our top 24 imo..

Titanium_BD1103
12-01-06, 10:14 PM
I think Hughes is there for the back up... he plays 5/8th, Half and Hooker.. oh and can play Lock.. maybe not to the greatness of the regulars but he can fit in there.. :)

I say though and I am sure Tahl you will agree, if Ngawini does well in PL.. and Hughes struggles, he will be the back up to Perry for sure in 06... :D :D

TDoGGBulldog
12-01-06, 10:19 PM
I think Hughes is there for the back up... he plays 5/8th, Half and Hooker.. oh and can play Lock.. maybe not to the greatness of the regulars but he can fit in there.. :)

I say though and I am sure Tahl you will agree, if Ngawini does well in PL.. and Hughes struggles, he will be the back up to Perry for sure in 06... :D :D

yes, but his name and family history will keep him in first grade....

i dont see folksey dropping him any time soon...

im not the biggest fan of hughes, but if hes nice to me when i meet him one day, that all will change lol :D