PDA

View Full Version : Angry Boys

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 01:51 AM
Who is watching Chris Lilley's new show?

I'm obsessed with it. I love S.Mouse, infact Im listening to Animal Zoo now.

I love Blake Oakfield and the Mucca Mad Boys. I piss myself laughing every time he refers to the rival gand as the fenal heads #######s.

I know some people have had a go at the show but Chris is a story teller and the season is longer than the previous shows. He is fleshing out the characters before he puts the stories into play. Maybe he is a bit slow, but I actually love slow paced shows. I love soaking it all up.

if you aren't watching this show, get into it.

ABC1 9pm every Wednesday.

thelwall
02-06-11, 07:20 AM
im bloody obsessed , i think it is hilarious , gets a bit racial at times , but still funny

TITAN PETE
02-06-11, 08:05 AM
Great show , the man is very Effing Funny & i love the racial remarks , too many do gooders in the world

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 11:47 AM
I guess there is depth there. Gran for instance obviously deeply cares about the kids but also is casually racist.

S.Mouse is just the perfect piss take of what is wrong with modern hip hop. But I think there is depth there as well. He is obviously a total idiot and poorly educated but he does yearn to express himself. Even though his ideas are horrible. haha

I also feel for Blake who is living in the past.

There are some fantastic stories there and Im looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Toads
02-06-11, 12:50 PM
It is a pretty funny show from what I've seen so far. Looking foward to seeing more of it.

I know this is straying off topic. But a while back I seen a short bit about a new series that the 'Fat Pizza' lads are doing. Based on the lower class folk of Western Sydney. It seemed hilarious of what they aired. Just haven't seen anything else about it since.

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 02:41 PM
They did Swift n Shift couriers and the letter f used to fall off the company sign so it said Swift n Shi t courier.

Any new show from them will be quality.

DIEHARD
08-06-11, 09:44 PM
Another good episode. but i think Gran and Blake are some of my favourite characters and they didn't get a run tonight.

DIEHARD
08-06-11, 09:46 PM
Pretty funny how Nathan ambushed Daniel using a chomp bar and um... pissed on him from the water tank. Nath is alot smarter than he gets credit for!

DIEHARD
15-06-11, 10:44 PM
On the plus side, I have Angry Boys recorded and ready to rock!

Im hopping for some grand mother action! Yea.... gran... :ugh:

DIEHARD
17-07-11, 05:38 AM
Pretty sad to see Gran about to lose her job due to her alzheimer's.

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 12:21 PM
Chris Lilley to fade away

CHRIS Lilley came roaring out the blocks three months ago with the hyped Summer Heights High follow up Angry Boys - but it will go out with a hollow whimper in its final episode on Wednesday night.

The show began with 1.4 million viewers tuning in, but last week just 465,000 watched in a series which raised more protest about language content than it did water cooler talk.

It was the first of the ABC's two big 2011 hopes to fail, with heavily marketed legal drama Crownies attracting just 586,000 viewers last week.

http://www.couriermail.com.au

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 12:26 PM
Well I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe it was too slow paced and had one too many characters for people.

Getting smashed by Origin for three weeks certainly doesnt help and disrupts people's viewing patterns.

TITAN PETE
25-07-11, 07:27 PM
Well I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe it was too slow paced and had one too many characters for people.

Getting smashed by Origin for three weeks certainly doesnt help and disrupts people's viewing patterns.

I've loved it too mate , I think the bloke is a Genius :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
17-08-11, 03:49 AM
I have to say that the last episode didnt make much sense. Especially how all the legends all just rocked up suddenly and all at the same time.

I'll miss the show. I think Chris Lilley should make an animated series, like the Aussie version of South Park! :thumbsup: