Running times:

Box Offices Open: 2.40pm
Gates Open: 3.10pm
Under 20's Kick Off :3.15pm
Main Game Kick Off: 5.30pm

TEAM LISTS TBA

Boofhead
28-05-11, 09:47 PM
http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2011/04/19/19apr_JohnCartwright_800x600_t325.jpg

Titanmudgee
28-05-11, 10:19 PM
My team: time for some change

1. Mead
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Thompson
5. Tomane
6. Zillman
7. Prince
8. Baliey
9. Srama
10. James
11. Bird
12. Minichello
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Tagatese
16. Odwyer
17. Campbell

Change is a must the current form is unacceptable. Ryan James deserves a start has been the best big all year. Tomane attacking prowess is a must he can iron out his defensive issues for a while on the wing and be a force with big runs and in the air in attack. Preston is out of form and needs to come off the bench to spark the team back end of each half

GoldCoastTitans100
29-05-11, 10:43 AM
1. Walker
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Zillman
7. Capewell
8. Baliey
9. Srama
10. James
11. Bird
12. Minichello
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Tagatese
16. Henderson/ Ben Ridge
17. Campbell

If Zillman or Micheals are injured

1. Walker
2. Tomane
3. Tonga
4. Marshall Chalk
5. Mead
6. Campbell
7. Capewell
8. Baliey
9. Srama
10. James
11. Bird
12. Minichello
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Tagatese
16. Henderson
17. Ben Ridge

DIEHARD
29-05-11, 11:00 AM
Join us at Skilled Park for this game, we need a big crowd. Dig deep Titans fans, don't lose hope!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TITANS V PANTHERS TICKETS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT1311)

DIEHARD
29-05-11, 11:04 AM
Box Offices Open: 2.40pm
Gates Open: 3.10pm
Under 20's Kick Off: 3.15pm
Main Game Kick Off: 5.30pm

Ryan
29-05-11, 11:13 AM
1. Campbell
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Thompson
5. Mead
6. Prince
7. Zillman
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. White
11. Bird
12. Minichello
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Tagatese
16. Henderson
17. Ben Ridge\O'Dwyer

Titanic
29-05-11, 11:26 AM
Prince outside Zillman deserves some thought but has a bandaid feel about it.

Ryan
29-05-11, 11:30 AM
Prince outside Zillman deserves some thought but has a bandaid feel about it.

Not for me, thats what I wanna see next year aswell.

Nick
29-05-11, 11:43 AM
I would like to give Capewell another shot but in the number 7. He has been playing well for Ipswich, he would be close to one of the leading try scorers now.
1. Zilly
6. Prince
7. Capewell
14. Campbell

Rage
29-05-11, 11:50 AM
I'm just hoping Srama gets to play 80 minutes again.

Agree I wouldn't mind seeing Prince at 6 and Capewell at 7

Chaos
29-05-11, 12:55 PM
There is a lot of talk about Capewell getting into the halves...who here has actually seen him play in the halves and were impressed at the same time?

teke
29-05-11, 03:30 PM
There is a lot of talk about Capewell getting into the halves...who here has actually seen him play in the halves and were impressed at the same time?Me, and I talked to him about it and he likes the idea. He is just a busy player where ever you stick him, his feetwork around the big men in close would also cause some problem. Srama to him to Prince would be quite sharp imo.

Who knows now, Titans are experiencing a funny year atm

Supergoose
30-05-11, 08:22 AM
Funny for who? Although I do admit I was laughing by the end of the game at Suncorp as I was delirious with disbelief at what I was watching. I'm a Capewell fan and believe he should be our 7 with Prince at 6.

lonegull
30-05-11, 08:44 AM
It will be the same old story on tuesday no changes, only harro coming back in.

Tamwelg
30-05-11, 08:49 AM
1. Campbell
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Thompson
5. Mead
6. Prince
7. Zillman
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. White
11. Bird
12. Minichello
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Tagatese
16. Henderson
17. Ben Ridge\O'Dwyer

I like the look of that.

There is a lot of talk about Capewell getting into the halves...who here has actually seen him play in the halves and were impressed at the same time?

Capewell is absolutely killing it in the Qcup at 5/8. Capewell seemed to cop a big chunk of the blame for our poor start to the season, but I still can't see what he did wrong to get dropped. Some people say it was his defense, but he was defending better then some of the other players in the team that managed to hold their spot. I'd go with either Ryan's team above or bring Capewell back in as the 7, Prince 6, Zilly 1 and Campbell 14. Carty himself has said he sees Capewell as a 7.

teke
30-05-11, 02:17 PM
I like the look of that.

Capewell is absolutely killing it in the Qcup at 5/8. Capewell seemed to cop a big chunk of the blame for our poor start to the season, but I still can't see what he did wrong to get dropped. Some people say it was his defense, but he was defending better then some of the other players in the team that managed to hold their spot. I'd go with either Ryan's team above or bring Capewell back in as the 7, Prince 6, Zilly 1 and Campbell 14. Carty himself has said he sees Capewell as a 7.Capewell def shouldnt have copped too much blame for the Titans this year. As we can all see it's a bad team performance so far. His defence was much better than Scotts.

teke
30-05-11, 02:21 PM
Funny for who? Although I do admit I was laughing by the end of the game at Suncorp as I was delirious with disbelief at what I was watching. I'm a Capewell fan and believe he should be our 7 with Prince at 6.Funny for the fans in the manner you just spoke of. They really cant take a trick.

They have played bad and got thumped, they have played bad and won in extra time, they have played ok and lost, they have played well and lost by a fair margin :nope:

Surfers6
30-05-11, 03:15 PM
Time for some change Carty......... Please pick this side..

1 S.Walker
2 W.Zillman
3 E.Tonga
4 S.Michaels
5 D.Mead
6 S.Prince
7 L.Capewell
8 L.Bailey
9 M.Srama
10 R.James
11 B.Thompson
12 A.Harrison
13 G.Bird

14 M.White
15 B.Lawrence
16 M.Minichello
17 S.Tagatese

What do you think?

titansrawesome
30-05-11, 03:32 PM
i think your dreaming he never makes significant changes

Surfers6
30-05-11, 04:06 PM
i think your dreaming he never makes significant changes

For the fans sake he has too.
I didnt think Srama would be that good but he killed it and i love the way he goes about it. We do not need to buy another hooker, he can be groomed for 2012 from now. Another half is what we need.

Prestos gone, but you cant knock the little fella but has lost his zip.
Prince is playing worse and if he was not the 'Prince of The Titans' he would of been dropped.

TITAN PETE
30-05-11, 04:29 PM
After watching Brown play for Burleigh yesterday he should never play NRL again

qldpanther
30-05-11, 05:27 PM
My team will be

1. Lachlan Coote
2. David Simmons
3. Michael Jennings
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adrian Purtell
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Sam McKendry
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Nigel Plum
13. Luke Lewis
Interchange:
Tim Grant
Matthew Bell
Dayne Weston
Nathan Smith
Nate Seluini

qldpanther
30-05-11, 05:28 PM
After watching Brown play for Burleigh yesterday he should never play NRL again

Poor old Riley Brown has a lot of issues at the moment. I was just reading the other day about his fiance and I feel sorry for him.

Titanic
30-05-11, 06:42 PM
I get your point ... without Michael Gordon you've got nobody :-)

DIEHARD
30-05-11, 07:22 PM
Penrith Panthers vs South Sydney on now if you wanna watch our enemy for next week.

qldpanther
30-05-11, 09:13 PM
And we just got away with the two points. Hoping for dry weather next week. Honestly, Lewis and Petero are the backbone of the team... we don't lose much with Coote at the back after Flash's bad injury. Coote's 70metres run way spectacular tonight. We'll bring the game to you boys this week :)

Rage
30-05-11, 10:07 PM
Laine Clark AAP Mon, May 30, 2011 - 8:02 PM

Not even a week from hell could make Gold Coast Titans mentor John Cartwright have second thoughts about juggling his NSW Origin duties.

Indeed Cartwright emerged from easily his toughest week as coach with renewed faith in not only the dead-last Titans but also the much maligned Blues.

A highlight reel could be made of the passionate Cartwright's reactions after the Titans were remarkably denied eight tries in their 28-6 loss to the Bulldogs last round, a result that plummeted them to the bottom of the NRL ladder.

It came 48 hours after NSW assistant Cartwright watched helplessly alongside coach Ricky Stuart as Queensland pulled off a 16-12 Origin I victory over NSW in the dying minutes.

Yet Cartwright somehow emerged from Titans training on Monday armed with something that had not been seen in weeks - a smile.

He could even find the positives from their four tries to one debacle against Canterbury.

"We created more chances than we have in the last two or three games," he offered.

"But when the rub of the green is not going with you the last pass goes down - that's the way it is going at the moment.

"It would have taken a very tough side mentally to get over that first half and come out and win the game.

"But they tried to get back into the game.

"I felt for the players - the harder they tried the errors crept in."

Cartwright did not believe juggling NSW duties had anything to do with the 2010 preliminary finalists' remarkable slide.

"If I think it is an issues, my priority is here," he said.

"When you are losing people try and read into things, that there are other issues than what's happening on the field.

"But we stay on top of things, we meet regularly and discuss things if there are issues.

"From my angle there are definitely no issues - we are just not getting it done on the field.

"But we still see ourselves being here at the end of the season and that won't change."

In a shot in the arm for the Titans, Queensland Origin lock Ash Harrison (shoulder) has already been cleared for the Gold Coast's next clash.

"Harro would have played if I wanted him to," Cartwright said.

"But he's got a very hectic schedule in front of him - I don't want to burn him out."

In keeping with his new sunny perspective, Cartwright even justified the NSW forwards' ordinary Origin I stats.

History shows Queensland's Matt Scott (154m) made more metres than NSW's four props combined.

NSW's Jason King made just 24m and Kade Snowden 46m.

"They (King, Snowden) didn't play a lot of game time - people don't realise Paul Gallen and Ben Creagh played a big part of the game in the front row," Cartwright said.

"I don't tend to read too much into those statistics."

Cartwright even hoped Stuart would remain faithful to the Origin I 17.

"Loyalty is a big thing," he said.

"In Origin you don't just pick it up in one game, sometimes it takes a few.

"If they get in that position again they will be a lot better prepared to make sure it (Queensland winning) doesn't happen again."

Coaster
30-05-11, 10:25 PM
What about this Statistic Carty.

Neil Henry was assistant coach to Mal, and the Cowboys were in the position we are now, he decided that he wanted to win a premiership, and spent his time with the team, and look at them now.

I am all for celebrating the fact you are in the coaching staff for NSW. But with you gone for 3 weeks and Gilly missing time with QLD, we are not the better for it.

DIEHARD
31-05-11, 10:02 AM
Shocked coach John Cartwright expresses exasperation as Gold Coast Titans fall to bottom of NRL table

A CRESTFALLEN John Cartwright has opened up about the Titans' dramatic premiership freefall, saying he has never felt so low amid one of the toughest periods in the club's short but successful history.

The luckless Gold Coast can't take a trick, slumping to last spot on percentages after having a record eight tries disallowed in their 28-6 capitulation against the Bulldogs last Friday night.

Titans enforcer Luke Bailey has implored his teammates to lift for departing topliners Nathan Friend, Brad Meyers and Anthony Laffranchi, and the club faces a test of credibility and character when they host Penrith on Saturday night at Skilled Park.

Preliminary finalists just 12 months ago, the Titans are facing a shock finals fade-out.

They need to win at least nine of their next 13 games to have any hope of making the playoffs and Cartwright is acutely aware of the importance of this week's showdown against his former club.

Renowned for wearing his heart on his sleeve, Cartwright looked a shellshocked soul at Suncorp Stadium after the Titans' eighth defeat of the season and said the club's predicament had taken a toll.

Asked if it was the lowest he had felt in his time as coach, Cartwright said: "Yeah I suppose. It's hard to put into perspective.

"I ask myself the same questions that (the media) ask every week and we work hard at getting it right but it's just not happening at the moment.

"I just feel disappointment - we're not used to this.

"There are all sorts of different ways to win games and we seem to have forgotten about it at the moment.

"In patches where the game has to be seized, we have always been very good at getting out of it and at the moment when the game is at a crunch time, we're letting sides get away.

"It's a fine line."

Handed a lucrative five-year deal in February, Cartwright was tipped to steer the club to a possible grand final appearance this season after the Titans fell agonisingly short at the penultimate hurdle against the Roosters last September.

But they have rarely found their groove this season, with their on-field inconsistency compounded by the impending departures of key players Friend, Laffranchi and Meyers at season's end.

Skipper and halfback Scott Prince, who has struggled to reach his optimum form in the opening half of the season, echoed Cartwright's sentiments ahead of the Penrith match.

"It's disappointing and frustrating," he said. "We're doing the same mistakes every week and it's becoming a habit and we have to buck that trend.

"We play some good footy in patches and then we throw it away, get frustrated and we're behind on the scoreboard.

"We've got no trouble coming out of our own end, we're creating question marks for the defence but just the last pass or something goes wrong."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/

Boofhead
31-05-11, 01:48 PM
Harrison returns to Titans line-up
Adam Gardini | 31/05/2011 1:17:52 PM

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will welcome back Queensland State of Origin forward Ashley Harrison for Saturday evening?s home clash against the Penrith Panthers at Skilled Park.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named an extended 19-man squad to take on his former club, with Harrison and centre Clinton Toopi the new inclusions to the side in the wake of last Friday night?s luckless 28-6 loss to the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

Harrison returns to his usual spot at lock after being unable to back-up against the Bulldogs 48 hours after Origin 1 while Toopi has been named on extended six-man interchange bench alongside forward Ben Ridge.

Rookie Hooker Matt Srama will wear the No.9 jersey for the first time against the Panthers after making a strong NRL debut against the Bulldogs as a late inclusion to the team.

The Titans have won two out of the four matches against the Panthers in their history, including a 38-24 victory at Skilled Park in May last year.

JETSTAR TITANS v PANTHERS
Saturday, June 4
5.30pm, Skilled Park

1 Preston Campbell
2 Steve Michaels
3 Esi Tonga
4 Bodene Thompson
5 David Mead
6 William Zillman
7 Scott Prince (c)
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Michael Henderson
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew White
15 Ryan James
16 Sam Tagataese
17 Luke O'Dwyer
18 Ben Ridge
21 Clinton Toopi

TITANS NYC TEAM v PANTHERS

1 Jordan Rankin
2 Alec Jones
3 Shaun Carney
4 Hymel Hunt
5 Japeth Vaoa
6 Cory McGrady
7 Sam Irwin
8 Luke Page
9 Sam Meskell
10 Lain Windley
11 Nick Harold
12 Jackson Springer
13 Sam Martin
INTERCHANGE
14 Cale Hobday
15 Sam Ross
16 Dylan Hartin
17 Matt Beddow

Titans

Surfers6
31-05-11, 02:13 PM
Srama in the 9 is the very best thing about that team.

Presto needs to get out of the 1, his best spot now is in the 17 jersey.
Walker needs to be given a go, or are we just writing him and tomane off?

Like many other fans, i am not excited by this squad anymore.

titansrawesome
31-05-11, 02:15 PM
i told you barely any changes

DIEHARD
31-05-11, 03:04 PM
Very pleased to see Ash back on board. And Mr Srama at #9 brings me joy. I hope he can continue his great form and doesn't think about it all too much, just puts his head down and works hard.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Zillmand and Michaels play 80mins after last week. I still support William at 6 and Preston will be good for us at 1.

It's lucky Round 13! And we are playing the black cats! Here we turn out season around.

TITAN PETE
31-05-11, 03:20 PM
Interesting to see Toopi named on an extended bench , i wonder who's in doubt but he has played very well for Burleigh

Tamwelg
31-05-11, 03:51 PM
Srama gains another shot at No. 9 jumper

Jake Dew | May 31st, 2011

Matt Srama named in the Titans squad for the clash with Penrith
A STANDOUT debut from Titan Matt Srama has earned the boom rookie another NRL shot after he was named to wear the No. 9 jumper for their must-win encounter with Penrith on Saturday night at Skilled Park.

A late inclusion in last week's side, which lost to the Bulldogs in Brisbane, Srama was the best of a beaten bunch and coach John Cartwright admitted his efforts warranted another opportunity at home.

''He deserves to be there and in my opinion he was our best player the other night. While ever he's doing that there'll be a place in first grade for him,'' said Cartwright.

Naming an unchanged line-up, Cartwright has brought Ben Ridge and ex-Kiwi international Clinton Toopi on to an extended six-man bench as possible cover for Bodene Thompson (ribs) and Steve Michaels and William Zillman who were concussed against the Bulldogs.

goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
31-05-11, 04:04 PM
Toops won't let us down, that's for sure.

curly_11
31-05-11, 04:06 PM
Henderson starting again....FAIL.

At least he made a decision and put Srama in. Also sorry to say it but Presto is out of form and should be on the bench at best.

I would have had the team line up like this....

1. Walker
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Toopi/Tomane
5. Mead
6. Zillman
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. James
11. Bird
12. Mini
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Ridge
16. O'Dwyer
17. Campbell/Henderson

qldpanther
31-05-11, 04:19 PM
You guys are really missing Laffranchi. Good offload and strong tackler. Still a good team if you ask me. There's 3 or 4 top teams in this yes comp followed by 12

This is how the Panthers shape up

Panthers Team to take on the Titans
Saturday 4th June, Skilled Park - 5:30pm

1. Lachlan Coote

2. David Simmons

3. Michael Jennings

4. Brad Tighe

5. Adrian Purtell

6. Travis Burns

7. Luke Walsh

8. Sam McKendry

9. Kevin Kingston

10. Petero Civoniceva

11. Trent Waterhouse

12. Nathan Smith

13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:

14. Tim Grant

15. Matthew Bell

16. Sarafu Fatiaki

17. Dayne Weston

18. Masada Iosefa

Referees:

Tony Archer/Luke Phillips - Luke Phillips great game last night

Touch Judges:

Adam Reid

Clayton Sharpe

Video Referee:

Phil Cooley

Rage
31-05-11, 04:25 PM
I'm just glad to see Srama gets the 9. Here's hoping he can really cement the position for the rest of the season.

GoldCoastTitans100
31-05-11, 04:37 PM
We are going to lose

Boofhead
31-05-11, 04:41 PM
We are going to lose

Another riveting post... well done.

GoldCoastTitans100
31-05-11, 04:48 PM
Another riveting post... well done.

I think we all know now, until the team is changed we will struggle and i don't see any major changes.

DIEHARD
31-05-11, 04:55 PM
What a load of crap, we have come close to victory on many occassions. Luck hasn't even been a factor because there has been none.

If you think the Titans of 2011 are a write off, I really doubt your credibility.

Our fightback depends on much much more than a few roll the dice and cross your fingers changes. We have the troops to win, it's a quality team.

If you wanna give up in Round 13, see ya later!

DIEHARD
31-05-11, 04:56 PM
Titans to draw on pride

DENTED pride could drive the Gold Coast's season back on course, with coach John Cartwright admitting honest assessments were providing motivation for his players.

Desperate for the points -- and only their fourth win of the season -- against the Panthers on Saturday night, Cartwright yesterday admitted the criticism of their efforts had been tough to handle.

"It's not as though we are getting in there and smiling about it," he said of eight losses from their opening 11 games to start the year.

"There are guys there who are (hurting), who are showed up in video sessions, and that's the worst thing that can possibly happen to you.

"You stuff up in the game and come to training and it's there for everyone to see. They're a proud bunch and no one likes to see that.

"There's definitely honesty there in dealing with where we are at."

Ending their 2010 seasons second and fourth respectively, the Panthers (10th) and Titans (16th) have struggled to recapture the same scintillating form.

The Panthers -- a club his father Merv, a former Penrith secretary, helped build and a club he helped to win a premiership in 1991 -- present Cartwright with one of the biggest challenges of his coaching career.

"(The Panthers) will always have a place in my heart but your priorities change," he said. "I won't be looking at it through any other eyes than blue this weekend."

Durable backrower Ashley Harrison echoed the sentiments of his coach, adding the Titans had one focus for the next month.

"We have to worry about ourselves," he said. "It's a matter of getting our consistency back into it and working hard at training and preparing well and turning up and putting it together.

"We know (the results) are there."

With time running out, the coach stressed continuing hard work on the training paddock was still the best solution to escaping their rut.

"When the rub of the green is not going with you, that last pass goes down or the lunge for the line doesn't go your way, and that's the way it's going at the moment," he said. "We'll keep working hard on the areas we need to address but we're not half way through the season yet.

"(But) we still see ourselves as being there at the end of the season and that won't change.

"As a group next year we are changing, there's a big influx of players coming to the club and there's a lot of core guys that the club has been built around that are leaving -- and they definitely don't want to leave the club where we are sitting at the moment."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
31-05-11, 05:04 PM
You guys are really missing Laffranchi. Good offload and strong tackler. Still a good team if you ask me. There's 3 or 4 top teams in this yes comp followed by 12

This is how the Panthers shape up

Panthers Team to take on the Titans
Saturday 4th June, Skilled Park - 5:30pm

1. Lachlan Coote

2. David Simmons

3. Michael Jennings

4. Brad Tighe

5. Adrian Purtell

6. Travis Burns

7. Luke Walsh

8. Sam McKendry

9. Kevin Kingston

10. Petero Civoniceva

11. Trent Waterhouse

12. Nathan Smith

13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:

14. Tim Grant

15. Matthew Bell

16. Sarafu Fatiaki

17. Dayne Weston

18. Masada Iosefa

Referees:

Tony Archer/Luke Phillips - Luke Phillips great game last night

Touch Judges:

Adam Reid

Clayton Sharpe

Video Referee:

Phil Cooley

Mate thanks for your contribution to the Titans Forum. I love getting the Panthers view on things and it keeps us honest.

I'm sure we all wish you and your group the best of luck. Lots of growth but we can't possibly wish you success on Saturday. Especially because we are starving for 2 points especially at home. We wanna rebuild the Fortress brick by brick.

It's going to be an exciting game. Catch up Saturday. :)

Skyfire
31-05-11, 05:43 PM
Titans will bounce back and Srama will kill them. Only way forward is to win.

GoldCoastTitans100
31-05-11, 05:49 PM
What a load of crap, we have come close to victory on many occassions. Luck hasn't even been a factor because there has been none.

If you think the Titans of 2011 are a write off, I really doubt your credibility.

Our fightback depends on much much more than a few roll the dice and cross your fingers changes. We have the troops to win, it's a quality team.

If you wanna give up in Round 13, see ya later!

Our fightback depends on performance it is simple you pick a team that doesn't perform you lose

doc
31-05-11, 06:28 PM
i really hope toopi isnt called on as he gives too many penilties and doesnt really offer us much in attack

at least now that we are at the bottom of the way from here is upwards

gotitans101
31-05-11, 06:33 PM
i really hope toopi isnt called on as he gives too many penilties and doesnt really offer us much in attack

Yeah, that is true, but I'd still prefer to have Toopi take Bodene's spot than Tomane.

/me runs.

shamus
31-05-11, 07:20 PM
i told you barely any changes

Yeah you did....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again

titansrawesome
31-05-11, 07:26 PM
Yeah you did....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again....again....and again...........and again..........and again

ahahahahahahaha nice post mate i wish i was as funny as you, but seriously how mature of you to seek out my post to make such a ridiculous statement

Mushi
31-05-11, 07:32 PM
Well said Diehard !!!

Round 13 and you people are ready to give up on the boys = just based on the team list!!!! Yes I understand people are frustrated right now but making changes each and every week (as some suggest) is NOT going to fix the problem. The boys need to gel as a team and concentrate on the basics of the game! I firmly believe they will get there and can only hope this week is the start of a spectacular run to the end of the 2011 season. the boys also need all the fans support - so get out there and support them loudly and proudly - amazing how much a good sized crowd will help rev them up!!!!!

titansrawesome
31-05-11, 07:38 PM
Well said Diehard !!!

Round 13 and you people are ready to give up on the boys = just based on the team list!!!! Yes I understand people are frustrated right now but making changes each and every week (as some suggest) is NOT going to fix the problem. The boys need to gel as a team and concentrate on the basics of the game! I firmly believe they will get there and can only hope this week is the start of a spectacular run to the end of the 2011 season. the boys also need all the fans support - so get out there and support them loudly and proudly - amazing how much a good sized crowd will help rev them up!!!!!

hey if we can have an 09 parra run i will be beyond happy but unless we attack better that aint happening, the way i see it we can afford 4 more losses max having a 12-12 record but that may not be enough, if we are really serious about having a crack this year we will win this week and it will start a run of many consecutive wins and good performances

Tamwelg
31-05-11, 08:09 PM

Hahahaha love it.

Chaos
31-05-11, 08:36 PM
There's 3 or 4 top teams in this yes comp followed by 12

Who's your top 3-4?

I've been looking at the top 6

titansrawesome
31-05-11, 08:44 PM
Hahahaha love it.

good to see your on his intellectual level:ugh:

teke
01-06-11, 01:36 AM
Carty names his team today (Wednesday). The list released is just a default one that could change before Saturday evening.

If Titans convert most of their opportunities I can see them beating Panthers comfortably. Nothing wrong with the team announced and now they have that small little spark Srama that will add what has been missing with Friend out.

AmericanTitan
01-06-11, 03:19 AM
the team listed on paper should be able to beat the Panthers, IMO. The skill level is there.

Now it comes down to a little luck and a whole lot of performance.

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

I have faith Carty and the guys can turn this thing around--starting this week!

Titan Dad
01-06-11, 08:54 AM
We have been OH so close on a number of games, this is the week for the ship to right itself. The more supporter base we can get to the game the better. I feel sad at the dropping attendances from the crowd. It is worrying in the aspect that no matter how the team is going you are either a true TITANS FAN or your just on the ship when the sailing is good. Lets get out and show our true colours and give the boys all the support we can.

dean
01-06-11, 09:39 AM
Got a feeling that this will be the game that will turn our season around. The lads deserve some luck and hopefully its coming this week.

Crazy thing is that we are sitting stone last but only a measly 4 points out of the top 8. A few wins will have us sniffing the eight and effectively improve our for and against. So come on lads time to harden up and give it your all, i reckon our season is hanging on winning this game. We win we kickstart our season, a loss will be a disaster.

dean
01-06-11, 11:27 AM
A win over the Panthers is imperative and will definately kickstart our season. With a pretty good draw over the next 5 weeks, Panthers, Dragons, Rabbits and Sharks followed by the bye it is possible for the Titans to pick up 8 of the next 10 points. But it has to start this weekend. Carn the TITANS!

TITAN PETE
01-06-11, 01:31 PM
Titans v Panthers
Skilled Park
Saturday 5.30pm

Titans fans ? your team needs you? now! When the fulltime siren sounds on Saturday night half of the 2011 season will be done and dusted and if the home side is lamenting another loss they can just about officially kiss the finals goodbye.

With just three wins from 11 starts the Titans sit last on the ladder.

In recent times teams have needed to win at least half of their games, sometimes more, to make the finals. As it stands now they need to win at least nine of their remaining 13 to have a chance. While the Dragons are on a nine-games run, the Titans haven?t shown even a skerrick of similar form to suggest they could emulate that.

They have lost their past three straight, were bullied by Canterbury last week and now must face a Panthers side fresh off a confidence-boosting win over the Rabbitohs.

Titans coach John Cartwright spent years bleeding for the Panthers? now he must find a way to take them down, or his side will slip into oblivion and be playing for nothing but to avoid the wooden spoon.

The positive is they welcome back Ashley Harrison this week. As a result Luke O?Dwyer reverts to the bench, while NSW Origin star Greg Bird will start in place of Ben Ridge.

Clinton Toopi has been added to a five-man reserves list.

The Panthers? hot display in freezing, wet conditions against the Rabbitohs last Monday night has pushed them up to 10th on the NRL ladder. But at the end of the day they have won only one more match than the Titans ? they too need to start their push for the top eight. Losses are not an option if they have hopes of finals football. This game is a golden opportunity to get level with sides in and on the bubble of the top eight.

Coach Matt Elliott has kept the faith with Monday night?s team, adding only Dayne Weston as an 18th man on the bench.

Watch Out Titans: It?s likely the Panthers are going to try their luck with second-phase play after reading some interesting stats. Already this season Penrith have scored seven tries directly from an offload. Of course, several other offloads have been part of the lead-up to tries? but on seven occasions ? the most by any team in the NRL ? a Panther has popped a pass and the direct result has been four points. Why is this even more important this week? Well, the Titans have conceded six tries in this fashion to be the third-worst side in the NRL. (On the other side of the coin the Panthers are even worse, with seven conceded! But the Titans haven?t shown an ability to capitalise in this manner.)

Danger Sign: The man to watch is Trent Waterhouse, who leads the Panthers? offloads tally with 34. Luke Walsh (last week) and Matthew Bell are other players who?ve set up tries with popped passes while big Petero Civoniceva still has the ability to hit and spin.

Watch Out Panthers: The Titans might have unearthed a real winner with young hooker Matt Srama. Although soundly beaten by the Bulldogs, Srama made a better-than-solid debut with 36 tackles, an offload, a tackle-break and a try assist. These numbers are impressive enough but when you add the fact he ran the ball 15 times for 120 metres gained, all of a sudden the fears surrounding Nathan Friend?s departure to the Warriors next season start to ease a little. It seems the Titans have found another weapon to help out Scott Prince around the rucks.

Danger Sign: As 20-year-old Srama?s confidence grows he is likely to have even more impact. Watch for him to dart out of dummy-half near the line and draw in defenders before opening up space for Prince with a clever pass. He isn?t afraid to go himself, either. He came agonisingly close to a try on debut when he had a crack, only to have the ball dislodged as he attempted to ground it.

Plays To Watch: Countless Titans? attacking kicks? but will they be successful? The Titans have scored just three tries off kicks this season, despite having punted the most kicks in an opponent?s quarter by any team in the NRL (83). Also, watch for Lachlan Coote to chase Penrith kicks; Coote scored a hat-trick against the Titans last year, his only career three-try effort.

Where It Will Be Won: This clash will all be about goal-line defence. Both sides have struggled when defending their goal lines this season and it is a major contributor to their respective positions on the ladder. If they are to prevail in this match-up they must improve their defensive attitude when their backs are to the wall.

The Panthers have conceded 21 tries from within 10 metres of the goal line this season, the third most by any team. The Titans aren?t much better, having conceded 20 tries so far in 2011 from the same distance.

At least the fact both sides haven?t been good offensively from the same distance should give them a chance to improve defensively! The Panthers have scored just 11 tries from close range, the Titans nine.

The History: Played 4; Titans 2, Panthers 2. These teams have played each other just once each season since the Titans joined the fold in 2007, with the Gold Coast winning the first and last of four games. They have split the games at Skilled Park, the Panthers winning in 2008 but the Titans getting the chocolates last season. In an interesting trend, exactly 14 points have decided the past three games.

Conclusion: This is one of those games where the lean is away from form. The Panthers have given reason to back them in this match but the sense of desperation will certainly give the home-side Titans a real shot. They encountered plenty of misfortune against the ?Dogs and they are due a change of luck.

Don?t count out the Panthers though? they have certainly lifted since Phil Gould?s appointment as club general manager. Funny how players react when their futures are on the line, eh?

Match Officials: Referees ? Tony Archer & Luke Phillips; Touch Judges ? Adam Reid & Clayton Sharpe; Video Ref ? Phil Cooley.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 5.30pm.

DIEHARD
01-06-11, 03:59 PM
I think Gus will be wary of the Titans and see us as unpredictable.

As Dean says, surely our luck will turn around. Last week we were firing bullets, had opportunities, we just need to seal the deal. Id be alot more distressed if we werent crossing the line last week.

qldpanther
01-06-11, 06:48 PM
Who's your top 3-4?

I've been looking at the top 6

Dragons, Cowboys, Warriors, Storm

Chaos
01-06-11, 07:29 PM
Dragons, Cowboys, Warriors, Storm

I'd throw the Broncos and Manly in there as well...Once Hoffman settles in at fullback and Hodges comes back from injury...the Broncos will have better attack....their only doubt is Wallace over playing his attacking hand.
Manly have the second best spine in the game.

There is also one more dark horse that hasn't hit it's straps yet but wont mention them for betting purposes (shut up Coaster)

qldpanther
01-06-11, 07:39 PM
I'd throw the Broncos and Manly in there as well...Once Hoffman settles in at fullback and Hodges comes back from injury...the Broncos will have better attack....their only doubt is Wallace over playing his attacking hand.
Manly have the second best spine in the game.

There is also one more dark horse that hasn't hit it's straps yet but wont mention them for betting purposes (shut up Coaster)

The Panthers?

DIEHARD
01-06-11, 08:01 PM
Hahaha are Coaster and Chaos hooked up in their own betting cartel? Come on... let us in on it. ;)

On another note, I'm very excited about this weekend, not just for the game but the Members BBQ.

And then there is the Call To Arms campaign and of course the Barefoot Rugby League/Legion shoot.

Chaos
01-06-11, 08:18 PM
Hahaha are Coaster and Chaos hooked up in their own betting cartel? Come on... let us in on it. ;)

No betting cartel...Coaster knows what team I like this year but they are underachieving with injury.

qldpanther
01-06-11, 08:19 PM
Who do you guys fear from the Panthers this weekend?

DIEHARD
01-06-11, 08:25 PM
Who do you guys fear from the Panthers this weekend?

Luke Lewis, he is a weapon. And with Origin being named the day after the Titans v Panther, he will stake a heavy claim.

Chaos
01-06-11, 08:31 PM
Luke Lewis, he is a weapon. And with Origin being named the day after the Titans v Panther, he will stake a heavy claim.

Yeah he has a strong all round game...Jennings has lifted since getting an Origin jumper.

Luke Walsh is a very clever footballer and controls a game well...Prince will be the key for a Titans win.

qldpanther
01-06-11, 08:32 PM
You've got a lot to fear I'd say
Huey Lewis - best player not to be picked for NSW in Origin 1
Petero - makes 10 metres consistantly
Burns - look at his duel with Dave Taylor - a real highlight that strong performance.
McKendry, Grant, Coote and Luke Walsh IF he gets his kicking game on.

Chaos
01-06-11, 08:34 PM
Burns - look at his duel with Dave Taylor - a real highlight that strong performance.

Burns is a tough player but average play maker

titansrawesome
01-06-11, 08:35 PM

i think jetboot jennings will wanna break his duck sooner rather than later so we better watch him as for me top 8 coaster and chaos.

1.dragons
2.storm
3.cowboys
4.sea eagles
5.broncos
6.warriors
7.eels
8.tigers/titans pleaseeee

qldpanther
01-06-11, 08:42 PM
His try in Origin was great! Looked dangerous on the weekend just gone

qldpanther
01-06-11, 08:44 PM
Don't take me the wrong way about this - Travis Burns is a more established five-eighth than Will Zillman. Zillman's got a lot to learn and I do rate him.

TitansFan2020
01-06-11, 08:50 PM
thats because he's only had 7 games there haha, plus he should be a ball runner doesnt have the kicking, passing or vision game needed to be a 5/8 may score a try here or there but those tries are ALL fullback tries in my opinion he is a 5/8 and presto's decision to play on better no stop him from going back there!

DIEHARD
01-06-11, 11:16 PM
Truth lies within the smirks

AS Luke Walsh and Tim Grant plodded up lane six of the Nepean Aquatic Centre on Tuesday morning, Grant provided the killer tip-off.
"Luke Walsh has signed with Souths," he said.

Walsh smiles. But it's not true.

Rather, the truth lies within the smirks. The Panthers have found their mojo. Their cutting-edge cheek.

Winners are grinners and after slicing the South Sydney Rabbitohs 22-10, they're grinning far and wide.

"I thought we played really well in the first half, the second half was a bit up and down but it was good to get the two points," Walsh said at the end of the Panthers' post-game recovery session.

"The weather was tough but both teams had to play in it and we just knew we had to kick early and complete our sets."

The spirited Panthers are now sitting 10th on the competition ladder - just two points shy of the top eight - but Walsh insists they're more concerned with dominating the scoreboard rather than the leaderboard.

"To tell you the truth, we haven't even thought about the ladder.

"We just worry about playing well week in, week out and that's our main priority.

"If we're consistent and start playing well as a team, that's our biggest thing.

"The points and all that will just take care of itself."

With Michael Gordon sidelined through injury for the remainder of the season, Walsh has taken the reins as the Panthers' first-choice goal-kicker.

It's a role that doesn't faze him in the slightest.

"I've always been a goal-kicker, ever since I was little, so it's easy."

Last year's leading try-assist hero said he hadn't found his kicking game any tougher in 2011 and ranked the Panthers' attacking potential as one of the NRL's most lethal.

"If everyone is on board, knows what they're doing and sticks to the game plan, I think we're one of the best attacking teams in the competition.

"It's just about everyone knowing their job and playing well. If that thing takes care of itself, we can score tries from anywhere."

With that, Walsh is cautious but confident the Panthers can perfect their job and destroy the 16th-placed Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park on Saturday night.

"It's going to be pretty tough because they've come off a loss so they'll be wanting to get a win.

"I think Scotty Prince will be dangerous with his kicking game and they've got a pretty good team right across the park, so we'll have to be on our game.

"We'll just need to train really well this week and get up there and put a good performance in.

http://www.penrithstar.com.au/

doc
02-06-11, 11:06 AM
Don't take me the wrong way about this - Travis Burns is a more established five-eighth than Will Zillman. Zillman's got a lot to learn and I do rate him.

i think zillman is and always will be a fullback. It will help him with fullback playing 5\8 atm but the team needs him at fullback

Ryan
02-06-11, 12:04 PM
Zillman started his career in the halves and was only forced into Fullback due to a halves combination of Todd Carney & Terry Campese. I think he'll be better utilized for us in #7 with Prince outside him and a lurker like Campbell or Walker in support.

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 12:53 PM
Zillman started his career in the halves and was only forced into Fullback due to a halves combination of Todd Carney & Terry Campese. I think he'll be better utilized for us in #7 with Prince outside him and a lurker like Campbell or Walker in support.

I'm with you on that Ryan.

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 12:53 PM
Henderson has some truths for Titans

ATTITUDE is what the Titans must address ahead of Saturday night's showdown with Penrith, with Gold Coast prop Michael Henderson yesterday urging his teammates to get dirty for each other.

The Petero Civoniceva-inspired Panthers boast one of the fiercest packs in the competition and Henderson understands the Titans need to win the battle through the middle or risk having their season slip further away.

Importantly, the 26-year-old enforcer, contracted with the Gold Coast until the end of 2012, admits they also need to overcome a horror home record that has produced two wins from four starts this season.

"We need the attitude of putting our bodies on the line and we must win," Henderson said of their approach to the Panthers contest.

"We need a win, especially at home. We've played a few at home lately and haven't got the result, so it's important we take a must-win attitude and get the points."

Dominated across the paddock this season, the expected return of William Zillman and Steve Michaels, who both left the field with concussion early in last weekend's loss to the Bulldogs, would provide a lift for the Gold Coast, who are chasing only their fourth win of the season.

Returning to fullback against the Bulldogs, Zillman's head knock limited his impact but with another expected opportunity in his preferred custodian role against the Panthers it could provide some missing spark for the Titans, with Preston Campbell again tipped to partner skipper Scott Prince in the halves.

Frustrated at their number of missed opportunities last weekend, Henderson, who had his own first-half try disallowed, knows an impressive 80 minutes could give the Titans the kick start they need.

"All teams go through tough times but we just have to come out of it and hopefully it's not far away," Henderson said.

"It takes one thing in one game to change the whole season.

"You can get some momentum going, some confidence and then you never know what can happen."

With the Titans set to don yellow shoelaces and armbands for this weekend's Cancer Council Call to Arms Round, Luke O'Dwyer, who lost his brother Ryan to leukaemia in 1998, and Henderson, who had a melanoma removed last year, were encouraging their fans to get behind the cause.

But like Henderson, O'Dwyer was also encouraging his teammates to play out of their skins and work at building some momentum before their season is ripped from their grasp.

"We're going out to win and that hasn't changed since round 1 but we have to make sure we concentrate on the little things," O'Dwyer said.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 12:55 PM
Brett Kimmorley's Round 13 preview

Gold Coast Titans v Penrith, Skilled Park, Saturday 5.30pm (EST)

Gold Coast Titans' inability to stay in the arm wrestle and defend their line is what's hurting them at the moment. This means to win a match they're relying on scoring 20 to 30 points, something they haven't been able to do very often. Penrith, on the other hand, are starting to find some momentum.

I don't think their attack is great but they have some guys who are playing very, very well individually. Lachlan Coote, in particular, is the X factor for this side. Penrith look to have more dimensions when he is in the team, and I expect them to continue their winning ways. Tip: Penrith

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league

Toads
02-06-11, 02:00 PM
Really hoping to make it to this Home game. Though it'll be a tight squeeze, as I'll be up in Bundaberg until Saturday lunchtime. Will be doing my best to make it. :)

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 03:40 PM
Really hoping to make it to this Home game. Though it'll be a tight squeeze, as I'll be up in Bundaberg until Saturday lunchtime. Will be doing my best to make it. :)

That is a tight deadline but we'd love your support. Going to that great length is tremendous support.

Chaos
02-06-11, 05:05 PM

Zillman doesn't pass the ball...what's the use of having a centre, winger and a possible fullback outside him?

Chaos
02-06-11, 05:06 PM
1.dragons
2.storm
3.cowboys
4.sea eagles
5.broncos
6.warriors
7.eels
8.tigers/titans pleaseeee

Eels...what are you smoking?

titansrawesome
02-06-11, 05:11 PM
Eels...what are you smoking?

there 10th, they can still make it and the eels always have a good year then a bad one

qldpanther
02-06-11, 05:13 PM
In all fairness, I think we all expect a bolter for the eight but sadly for you guys a loss this weekend would be a dent in making the finals. I hope we being the Panthers have more to play for and some pride. My bolter is the Raiders and I suspect one other team will string together five or six in the next few weeks and really press for the finals - just dont know who yet. By no means am I thinking it will be the Panthers. We may end up like you guys with an early September.

Ryan
02-06-11, 06:10 PM
Zillman doesn't pass the ball...what's the use of having a centre, winger and a possible fullback outside him?
The same thing was often said about Rogers too.
Do you think Zillman would just run the ball from first receiver every play?

He doesn't have to be the dominant play maker or ball runner. He just has to create enough space for Prince to deliver to the backs, and be threatening enough to keep the defense live guessing. He has the agility and skills to do that.

titansrawesome
02-06-11, 06:32 PM
i think sezer could be a good up and comer halve, we could even buy some halves from souths if we want some really good rookies that can make the nrl with their skill.

Chaos
02-06-11, 06:50 PM
The same thing was often said about Rogers too.
Do you think Zillman would just run the ball from first receiver every play?

Rogers was the same...and even with the dominant forward pack we had last year, we were never going to win the grand final because of it.
We couldn't score when attacking in the oppositions 20 and we still can't.

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 07:55 PM
Buy halves off Souths? When was the last time they ever had a good halves combo? It's only decent now. If they have any up and comers, they won't let them go.

Ryan
02-06-11, 07:55 PM
Rogers was the same...and even with the dominant forward pack we had last year, we were never going to win the grand final because of it.
We couldn't score when attacking in the oppositions 20 and we still can't.

Our finals matches weren't lost due to the performances or playing styles of our 5/8, those matches were lost in every aspect of the game. Our teams patience, pressure building, goal-line attack and goal-line defense kept us at the top end of the ladder for two years - all the same game aspects that win GF's.

Plenty of people complain of the Titans not being able to 'put teams away' or score more than 38pts. But how many finals matches in the last decade were won by such margins? And you don't need to win by those margins to get there.

We got the most repeat sets from goal line attack last year and also scored the most tries from them. There was nothing wrong with our goal line attack last year, we topped the competition in all goal line statistics. This years performances are not comparable in any part of the game, for several reasons.

If Prince gets space, he can break the defensive line and put people over in a number of ways, we all know that. Last year he was able to do it from #7 because of the threats that Rogers, Bird, Campbell, Rogers, Friend & Zillman provided from positions #1, #6 & #9.

Prince has not been afforded that space this year due to two reasons; 1) he has not had the support of those other players in attacking plays for most of the season, 2) opposing teams have been able to direct more pressure onto Prince due to the absence of those other attacking players and suffocate his plays. No sooner than he gets the ball, he is out of room with no options or put on his back.

Prince is finding it hard to get that space from 1st receiver, but he might be able to get it from 2nd receiver if our halfback is capable of threatening the line and keeping the defense spread. I think Zillman's skills & agility make him capable for that role, and Srama's speed & work from #9 will also help.

Chaos
02-06-11, 08:06 PM
Our finals matches weren't lost due to the performances or playing styles of our 5/8

We obviously have a different opinion here...when was the last grand final winner, with a 5/8 that didn't pass?

TITAN PETE
02-06-11, 08:31 PM
My mail is that Toopi will start but not sure who will be left out

DIEHARD
02-06-11, 08:35 PM
My mail is that Toopi will start but not sure who will be left out

Yea looking likely, we will find out tomorrow morning.

Ryan
02-06-11, 08:39 PM
We obviously have a different opinion here...when was the last grand final winner, with a 5/8 that didn't pass?

When was the last grand final won purely by the 5/8's passing game?

When did our 5/8 lose a finals match for us and why?
We lost our last finals match by 26 points and our 5/8 only made 5 runs from 36 receives. What did he do with the ball the other 31 receives? Was it his fault we conceded 32 points and only scored 6?

Out of the 3 finals matches that we have lost - Preston Campbell was 5/8 in 2 of them. How do you rate his passing game?
The only finals match that we have won, was with Rogers in 5/8.

Last years GF losers had the Dally M of the year playing 5/8 for them........

I think you are putting too much weight on the importance of that position. Yes it is an important position, but not the deciding factor of every match.

If you're hellbent on having a 5/8 that predominantly passes the ball, then why object to Prince playing there? Do you think Zillman will starve him of ball and/or space? Zillman scored half of our final series tries last year. He obviously turns up for the big matches, and troubles the opposition.

Titan_Blue
02-06-11, 08:42 PM
Is Michaels fully recovered from his concussion last week?

Or is Bodene gonna shift to the pack...

titansrawesome
02-06-11, 09:05 PM
Buy halves off Souths? When was the last time they ever had a good halves combo? It's only decent now. If they have any up and comers, they won't let them go.

watch their under 20's i think its reynolds and morgan they are very good

teke
03-06-11, 12:58 AM
Prince has not been afforded that space this year due to two reasons; 1) he has not had the support of those other players in attacking plays for most of the season, 2) opposing teams have been able to direct more pressure onto Prince due to the absence of those other attacking players and suffocate his plays. No sooner than he gets the ball, he is out of room with no options or put on his back.

This bit is one of the main reasons the Titans are where they are. Titans attack this year has relied on a single player ie. Prince, and opposing teams have sort that out pretty quickly.

The introduction of Srama last week released some pressure and it was noticable. God Im gonna love seeing this team in full flight next year :eyebrows:

AmericanTitan
03-06-11, 01:04 AM
This bit is one of the main reasons the Titans are where they are. Titans attack this year has relied on a single player ie. Prince, and opposing teams have sort that out pretty quickly.

The introduction of Srama last week released some pressure and it was noticable. God Im gonna love seeing this team in full flight next year :eyebrows:

I think you hit it on the head. Teams know what we are going to do in attack and are stopping it fairly easily.

2012 is looking awfully good right now, but darn it, we can't give up on this year yet! Lots of season remains!

teke
03-06-11, 01:05 AM
Zilly, Michaels and Mead need to be more involved, they need to push the forwards out of the way and tell them to go sit out wide and watch.

teke
03-06-11, 01:08 AM
I think you hit it on the head. Teams know what we are going to do in attack and are stopping it fairly easily.

2012 is looking awfully good right now, but darn it, we can't give up on this year yet! Lots of season remains!I havnt given up on them yet cause I know there is some good footy to be shown.

I just want them to show this dam good footy :mad:

patskE
03-06-11, 01:51 AM
i miss flash ;(

Coaster
03-06-11, 10:15 AM
i miss flash ;(

Gordon will be in the Legion second half. Make sure you are there.

Esi dropped for panthers game apparently.

curly_11
03-06-11, 10:51 AM
Carty mustnt like Esi since last year's shennanigans!

Hes been solid this season and not the reason for our problems.

AmericanTitan
03-06-11, 11:04 AM
Gordon will be in the Legion second half. Make sure you are there.

Esi dropped for panthers game apparently.

I was surprised when I read that. I thought Esi had played well this year. Maybe Toopi can provide a nice spark though.

Boofhead
03-06-11, 11:05 AM
Carty mustnt like Esi since last year's shennanigans!

Hes been solid this season and not the reason for our problems.

At the same time he has hardly set the world on fire. Watched a few of the Burleigh games and Toopi is playing out of his skin to get a call up again.

Titan_Blue
03-06-11, 01:02 PM
Esi dropped???

Cannot understand that one...

teke
03-06-11, 01:13 PM
Esi was going to be dropped a few rounds ago for Tomane to come into the left centre. Apparently they see him as a lazy player which is not evident to me at all. He hardly has been setting the comp on fire but he hasnt been playing badly, I spose decisions like this are made easy when the player in question has already signed for another club.

Mead will most likely be next for god knows what reason :nope:

Titan_Blue
03-06-11, 01:21 PM
If Tomane was fit do you think he would still be the one replacing Esi teke?

Or is his chance gone after the Manly game?

teke
03-06-11, 01:26 PM
If Tomane was fit do you think he would still be the one replacing Esi teke?

Or is his chance gone after the Manly game?I dont know, I will try and sniff out an answer. It's hard these days as management are keeping their cards really close to their chest with things like naming extended squad, telling the players who is in mid week etc.

Titan_Blue
03-06-11, 01:28 PM
Thanks mate, would be appreciated.

Also is there anything to what you said about Mead or is that a joke...I hope it is...

teke
03-06-11, 01:35 PM
Thanks mate, would be appreciated.

Also is there anything to what you said about Mead or is that a joke...I hope it is...Not joking, there have been whispers.

amaline
03-06-11, 01:35 PM
Not joking, there have been whispers.

Who would replace him?

teke
03-06-11, 01:42 PM
Who would replace him?Probably Dom P. or Vickory.

Dropping a player when he has been one of the better performers this year is just strange. A situation like that could make someone look elsewhere quicksmart

Titan_Blue
03-06-11, 01:52 PM
Mead has shown what he can do when given a sniff this year.

It's looking increasingly like Cartwright is blaming his tools rather than himself...how the hell he thinks our ****house season is because of a couple of outside backs is ridiculous.

If he is going to drop Esi, I'd rather see Tomane than Toopi...Toopi is just a backward step.

doc
03-06-11, 02:33 PM
Mead has shown what he can do when given a sniff this year.

It's looking increasingly like Cartwright is blaming his tools rather than himself...how the hell he thinks our ****house season is because of a couple of outside backs is ridiculous.

If he is going to drop Esi, I'd rather see Tomane than Toopi...Toopi is just a backward step.

i hope toopi isnt pick as well he will just give stupid penilties and not bring anything in attack

gotitans101
03-06-11, 03:47 PM
All of these rumours about Esi & Mead being dropped make me sick to the stomach.

They aren't to blame for our bad run.

Boofhead
03-06-11, 03:51 PM
i hope toopi isnt pick as well he will just give stupid penilties and not bring anything in attack

He is going better than Esi, easily.

gotitans101
03-06-11, 03:55 PM
He is going better than Esi, easily.

People were saying the SAME thing about Tomane in the QLD cup though.

Also, is it just me, or did anyone else see Thompson miss some really crucial tackles that led to straight tries in last week's Dogs game as well? I'd be dropping him to the second row for Toopi and leaving Esi as our other centre. He's been very very solid for us defensively, and I don't see any reason to drop him. Getting over the line wasn't our problem last week.

DIEHARD
03-06-11, 04:49 PM
Late change to the team for tomorrows match againts the Panthers. Clinton Toopi has earnt a recall at the expense on Esi Tonga after some strong performances for Burleigh Bears in the Q Cup.

qldpanther
03-06-11, 04:50 PM
I've opened a lively debate about 5/8th's haven't I

Rage
03-06-11, 05:16 PM
Wow I don't think Esi deserved to get dropped...

gotitans101
03-06-11, 05:16 PM
Good luck to Toops, he was solid for us last year. Just wish he wouldn't give away so many damn penalties.

Disappointed to see Tonga dropped though. Ah well.

Wow I don't think Esi deserved to get dropped...

Likewise.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
03-06-11, 05:43 PM
I know the teams already been annouced for the Panthers Game But wouldnt mind seeing a line up like this for a game or two

1 Preston Campbell
2 William Zillman
3 Bodene Thompson
4 Steve Michaels
5 David Mead
6 Scott Prince
7 Luke Capewell
8 Michael Henderson
9 Matt Srama
10 Matt White
11 Greg Bird
12 Anthony Laffranchi
13 Ashley Harrison
14 Luke Bailey
15 Sam Tagatese
16 Ryan James
17 Mark Minichello
18 Luke odwyer

See everyone tommorow

patskE
03-06-11, 05:46 PM
WTF
nah
WAT
WHY ESI....
jeez. how about drop the bloke who is back rower to the bench b4 u drop a guy who has dont nothing wrong...

DIEHARD
03-06-11, 06:18 PM
Toopi Recieves Late Call Up

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will field a slightly altered side against the Penrith Panthers at Skilled Park on Saturday night with centre Clinton Toopi being recalled to the NRL.

Heading in to Round 13 at the bottom of the ladder, Titans coach John Cartwright has called up the experienced Toopi to the starting line-up in place of Parramatta bound centre, Esi Tonga.

Cartwright said Toopi's recall was due to his continued efforts for Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup.

“We will bring Clinton in as he has been playing really well at Burleigh and he is a real leader in the group, and I think it is at that stage where we need some leaders out there.”

“Individually it’s hard to really pinpoint anyone that’s not really doing their job it’s really a team thing.”

“The fact is I think we need some leaders and talkers and Toops is definitely one of those.”

Toopi hasn’t played with the first grade side since the team's round two loss to the Melbourne Storm but his ambitious and positive attitude has been closely monitored by Coach Cartwright.

“He is very experienced and you have got to admire a guy who has done so much in the game at an international level and go back to Burleigh and be such a leader back there.”

“He hasn’t gone back and kicked stones, he has stayed positive in the whole process and he has got himself back in.”

Fellow teammate and Titans captain Scott Prince was also commendable of Toopi’s form and welcomed his leadership to the starting 13. “He also has his experience as well and I am very happy to see him back in the squad,” Said Prince.

“He has been playing some outstanding footy in the State League as well which helped his cause.”

Prince went on to highlight that Saturday night's clash will be anything but a walk in the park, against the in-form Panthers.
“It starts with us, it is going to take a real tough grinding match to get us out of the position we are in at the moment and it starts tomorrow night.”

Prince said he is finally starting to feel good about his own personal performances.

“I guess at the end of the day when you’re in these form slumps and your team is not travelling really well Its all about hard work and your work ethic," said Prince.

“I’ve been really committed to that and committed to turning my performance around and hopefully thats reflected on our team performances.”

The Titans captain also mentioned that he would trade his current form in, if it meant a win for the Titans.

“All I can do is my best and if everyone takes that approach going into a game collectively as a team we should be able to get a win, but it is going to take a real grinding and tough attitude and a real hard effort to get us out of the slump we are in.”

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

titansrawesome
03-06-11, 07:32 PM
carty quit dropping good players like esi and start blaming yourself and your good awful coaching gameplans that has gotten us here. you coached the attack out of us and now you drop arguably our best back in esi tonga?

shamus
03-06-11, 08:45 PM
carty quit dropping good players like esi and start blaming yourself and your good awful coaching gameplans that has gotten us here. you coached the attack out of us and now you drop arguably our best back in esi tonga?

I am starting to think that we should have 2 forums running side by side. 1 forum has positive comments from members and the other has the negatives.

I reckin' I wouldn't see you too much on my side of the forum. :D

Don't take it to heart. What I am getting at is constructive criticism, not blatant negative criticism that you continually throw up all the time.

TITAN PETE
03-06-11, 09:18 PM
I am starting to think that we should have 2 forums running side by side. 1 forum has positive comments from members and the other has the negatives.

Don't take it to heart. What I am getting at is constructive criticism, not blatant negative criticism that you continually throw up all the time.

I think he needs to join another Forum :rolleyes:

Chaos
03-06-11, 10:38 PM
I think you are putting too much weight on the importance of that position. Yes it is an important position, but not the deciding factor of every match.

If you're hellbent on having a 5/8 that predominantly passes the ball, then why object to Prince playing there? Do you think Zillman will starve him of ball and/or space? Zillman scored half of our final series tries last year. He obviously turns up for the big matches, and troubles the opposition.

I don't object to Prince playing 5/8...but yes Zillman would starve him of the ball.

The reason I weight so much importance on the 5/8 is because a lot of modern day coaches are struggling in that area and I believe the top halves should be worth a lot of money...they do make that much of a difference...whether you see it or not.
It's hard to notice a good decision maker from the side lines or at home because sometimes they just tell the player beside him to do something special the camera doesn't pick up.

I don't know if the junior structure of compulsory two passes is limiting these type of players but they don't seem to be coming through

They're not the difference in every game...but you need a good one to win a grand final...the ultimate goal!

DIEHARD
04-06-11, 04:02 AM
Toopi call-up may be fitting farewell

TITANS veteran Clinton Toopi will treat tonight's season-defining clash against the Panthers like it is his last after revealing he will almost certainly retire at season's end.

The former New Zealand international declared every NRL game from now on was a bonus as the curtain prepares to fall on his decorated 13-year professional career.

Titans coach John Cartwright yesterday axed Parramatta-bound centre Esi Tonga to recall the 31-year-old Toopi, hoping his experience will help the Gold Coast claw their way off the bottom of the table.

Cartwright was quick to silence speculation Tonga was dropped because of his decision to join the Eels next season, saying Toopi had demanded selection with standout form for feeder club Burleigh.

"I feel for Esi a little bit but I just think we need some leaders and talkers and Toops is definitely one of those," Cartwright said.

"He is very experienced and you have to admire a guy who has done so much in the game at international level to go back to Burleigh and then be a leader back there as well.

"He hasn't kicked stones, he has stayed positive throughout the whole process and he has got himself back in.

"When a side is winning you can usually put up with some guys who are a bit off their game but the fact is we are not, we are losing and we need to make a change or two."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 11:48 AM

cool story bro:ugh:

DIEHARD
04-06-11, 01:04 PM
Well Im off to the game, big day.

1. Barefoot RL shoot
2. Call To Arms
3. Members BBQ
4. NYC Titans
5. NRL Titans

What an awesome Saturday!

Ryan
04-06-11, 02:39 PM

Nah - DO take it to heart.

The constant and repetitive slagging off at our coach and CEO is tolerated too much IMO. It has never been constructive enough to accept as a simple disagreement with the coaches decisions, just blatant insults to the intelligence of the coaching staff and club admin. It is downright embarrassing for an official forum to constantly have this vile thrown up in almost every discussion topic - especially from someone who has no experience in this level of game or privileged inside information about the decisions that the club and coach make. Just another armchair coach with no respect for the club he 'says' he supports.......

AmericanTitan
04-06-11, 02:49 PM
anyone going to the game have fun! Cheer loud for those of us who can't!

I have my alarm set just in case I doze off before the game starts lol.

Boofhead
04-06-11, 04:57 PM
Been calling for Bird at 5/8 all season. Feeling good about this game.

Hopefully Srama plays the 80 and Campbell plays some 5/8.

Titan_Blue
04-06-11, 05:03 PM
What, is Bird at 5/8 now?

Titan_Blue
04-06-11, 05:11 PM
I'll answer my own question, yes Bird is at 5/8.

A good decision, and one I hope we stick to for the year. Prince always looked comfortable with Birdy in the halves.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 05:50 PM
geez im loving the offload game we are having tonight its brilliant bar that lone henderson pass, defense looks pretty good, can someone tell me the official lineup for this game for us.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 05:51 PM
oops, i did call it though that jennings would break his duck against us he cant go scoreless for this many games

GCTitans11
04-06-11, 06:01 PM
Anyone got any updates? Are they playing good??

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 06:03 PM

we are shooting ourselves in the foot by dropping it in our own half and we are losing 10-4, really if we can hang onto it we can smash them

AmericanTitan
04-06-11, 06:25 PM

yeah 10-4 at halftime. Disappointing after such a hot start. Played better as the half ended though.

Too many errors in our own half.

gotitans101
04-06-11, 06:27 PM
We still can't seem to eliminate these errors from our game. Jennings scores off a silly kick by Prince and Kingston's try may as well been a direct result of Harrison losing the ball.

There have been some positives though. Been really impressed with Bird tonight, love it when he takes on the line like he has so far tonight. Mead & Toopi have been great too. How bout that try saver by Mead on Jennings?

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 06:28 PM
Prince does something good then does something bad at least it is a improvement.

But it's not princes fault we are losing, Baily is really the only player doing something.

Bird didn't really give a boost in the halves im happy Preston is F8 ATM.

Ryan
04-06-11, 06:29 PM
Apparently playing the ball properly and walking off the mark isn't a concern anymore?

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 06:31 PM
Apparently playing the ball properly and walking off the mark isn't a concern anymore?

So you only just worked that out?

Ryan
04-06-11, 06:35 PM
So you only just worked that out?

What do you think the chances are that we get pinged for it before the match is out?

GO PRESTO!

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 06:37 PM
What do you think the chances are that we get pinged for it before the match is out?

GO PRESTO!

100%, it will be in the last 20min.

And what a try why he didn't start at F8 amazes me.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 06:48 PM
that was stupid by michaels he could have stopped that try easily

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 06:49 PM
WTF, what was michaels doing !

Titanic
04-06-11, 06:51 PM
wooden spoon fellas - we are very ordinary :-(

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 06:51 PM
simmons was nearly gone

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 06:54 PM
mini drops it on the 30

Titanic
04-06-11, 06:55 PM
commentator is so right ... all the mistakes are being made by the veterans ... week in week out ... it's so shameful ... youth and suck it up.

Titanic
04-06-11, 06:58 PM
Bird gives penalty ... bloody hell

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 06:59 PM
another turnover....

Titanic
04-06-11, 06:59 PM
Thomson never looked at the ball carrier ... we look like a manual on how not to play ... Harrison ****e forward pass.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:01 PM
i'd like thompson as bench forward, chalk out and esi as the other centre, another drop ball by prince...

CairnsTitan
04-06-11, 07:02 PM
the toopi move was a stroke on genius, im thinking we drop bailey next week and bring cannings in

Titanic
04-06-11, 07:02 PM
Prince coughs it up ... crap crap crap

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:04 PM
another prince drop ball

Titanic
04-06-11, 07:05 PM
cannings is gone

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 07:05 PM
I would just like to thank our inspirational captain for dropping the ball when the team needed him

GCTitans11
04-06-11, 07:06 PM
Yeah I think I have seen cannings working on a construction site...

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:06 PM
another drop ball this is getting silly

Titanic
04-06-11, 07:07 PM
fark .. mini out ... henderson out ... the rest to the netball court

Titanic
04-06-11, 07:07 PM
nobody read it ... so depressing

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:10 PM
drop ball by mini by hard prince pass

Boofhead
04-06-11, 07:11 PM
Easily the worst game I have seen since inception.

Titanic
04-06-11, 07:11 PM
yep ... what else ... another dropped ball ... Prince poor option ... mini hands like shovels

GCTitans11
04-06-11, 07:12 PM
No more updates it is just depressing :-(

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:13 PM
so we are 3 wins 9 losses now, 25% win rate...........

AmericanTitan
my head hurts. How many errors can a team commit?

gotitans101
this is woeful.

Titanic
I bet the new recruits are regretting it already ... this will chase people to the Suns

titansrawesome
thompson drops it over our own tryline

AmericanTitan
04-06-11, 07:14 PM
what the heck happened to Srama? Maybe I missed it, is he injured?

Boonarga
04-06-11, 07:15 PM
How many days until round one 2012? Damn glad I didn't waste time driving 600kms to watch todays rubbish.

GCTitans11
Yeah at least the suns put up a good fight...

titansrawesome
burns try 23-10 panthers win

CairnsTitan
04-06-11, 07:16 PM
Quick question, how long does prince have left on his contract?

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:17 PM
Quick question, how long does prince have left on his contract?

a awful 5 YEARS like carty has 5 YEARS too

gotitans101
We are officially the joke of the 2011 competition. Even the Sharks could beat us in this form.

Titanic
that's the icing on the cake ... a pathetic soft catch attempt and another gift try ... sorry fellas but we are so hopeless words cannot describe.

Boofhead
04-06-11, 07:18 PM
As Daley just mentioned, the Titans never threatened at any stage... After about 20 minutes I was just cheering us getting to the end of a set.

It's all good guy, we are up against St George at their home ground next week.

Titanic
04-06-11, 07:18 PM
all the boys are working very hard ... Prince, bloody shut up

next week Saints will beat us with their reserve grade :-(

bigjim
04-06-11, 07:20 PM
All the boys are working really hard, except you Princey.
He's our captain and play maker and the worst player on the paddock.
He's a boy playing a man's game.

bigjim
04-06-11, 07:22 PM
The Honemoon is over. If we can't beat the Panthers at home we can't beat anybody.

gotitans101
04-06-11, 07:23 PM
Although Prince has been #### for most of the season, you can't blame this all on him, surely? We are woeful as a team, as somebody else stated, the strange thing is, it appears to be the veterans making most of the errors rather than the younger blokes.

Titan_Blue
04-06-11, 07:24 PM
Depressing...

Friend, Laffranchi and Rogers are born winners who we just miss.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:24 PM
All the boys are working really hard, except you Princey.
He's our captain and play maker and the worst player on the paddock.
He's a boy playing a man's game.

doesnt help he is a turnstile, get a wrestling coach in their so he can learn some double leg takedowns and some pummel tackles

Boofhead
04-06-11, 07:27 PM
Depressing...

Friend, Laffranchi and Rogers are born winners who we just miss.

Looked like Laffranchi was the 18th man tonight, should have come in for someone.

Feel sorry for all fans who went tonight, deserve you're money back.

Rage
04-06-11, 07:36 PM
Can't believe the amount of dropped balls

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 07:38 PM
I remember at the start of the season when i said Prince is useless, most of the supports said he would start performing soon and i didn't know anything.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 07:50 PM
all i know is go the reds and go the maroons

Boofhead
04-06-11, 08:03 PM
all i know is go the reds and go the maroons

I'm with this.

As for the good from the Titans tonight...

Big shout out to Hendo, you had a ripper of a game tonight buddy. Preston, James, Zillman, Srama and Taga had solid games too.

Harro, Bird, Minichiello and Prince... Well - Don't have much to say.

gotitans101
04-06-11, 08:10 PM
I'm with this.

As for the good from the Titans tonight...

Big shout out to Hendo, you had a ripper of a game tonight buddy. Preston, James, Zillman, Srama and Taga had solid games too.

Harro, Bird, Minichiello and Prince... Well - Don't have much to say.

Agree 100% with all of that, I thought Bird looked good in the first half but he was horrible in the second half. Sick of Harrison either dropping the ball or giving away penalties. Sick of Mini losing the ball. Sick of Prince's complete lack of creativity in the halves.

Bring on 2012.

Ryan
04-06-11, 08:11 PM
I remember at the start of the season when i said Prince is useless, most of the supports said he would start performing soon and i didn't know anything.
You also said Sandow was a better defender. If you are still blaming all the Titans losses on an individual player - You still don't know anything!

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 08:23 PM
You also said Sandow was a better defender. If you are still blaming all the Titans losses on an individual player - You still don't know anything!

Prince does something good then does something bad at least it is a improvement.

But it's not princes fault we are losing, Baily is really the only player doing something.

Bird didn't really give a boost in the halves im happy Preston is F8 ATM.

:D
The point is i wasn't wrong.

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 08:44 PM
this season i think we can call the missed opportunity. we had a good run from last year and most of the same side we just have underperformed in all areas except for metres gained

TITAN PETE
04-06-11, 08:49 PM
Rankin had a top game in the 20's so now that 2011 is gone give another kid a shot & throw him in with Capewell at 7 , we are only playing for respect now..

isaiah
04-06-11, 09:04 PM
season went off the rrack early when broncs smacked your bbms when you had enough possession to win 2 games and still couldnt crack the nrl's best defence. maybe that experience is still affecting their minds

eelectrica
04-06-11, 09:06 PM
Entire team should be shipped off to AFL. At least they'll be playing a sport where holding the ball is optional! :fist:

gotitans101
04-06-11, 09:06 PM
season went off the rrack early when broncs smacked your bbms when you had enough possession to win 2 games and still couldnt crack the nrl's best defence. maybe that experience is still affecting their minds

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lonegull
04-06-11, 09:31 PM
when is prince going to admit he is the problem, he was absolutely shocking tonight he is letting his team mates down badly, i thought i would never say that but gee after tonights performance by him bloody hell i could even do better and have a bit more of a go than him, the only time he gets his hands dirty is when he runs out at the start of the game and does his usual thing with the grass and rubbing his hands together
well thats it for 2011 short and sweet, know i hope carty will make changes

titansrawesome
04-06-11, 09:35 PM
i think the problem is giving people 5 year contracts, this isn't the nba maybe prince doesnt feel pressured because his future is secured i dont know but its not good.

gotitans101
04-06-11, 09:41 PM
i think the problem is giving people 5 year contracts, this isn't the nba maybe prince doesnt feel pressured because his future is secured i dont know but its not good.

I completely agree with this too. I think 5 years is overkill for any player. This is what I really worried about when we signed Idris. It's basically saying "hey, we'll give you guaranteed $$ to play for us for the next 5 years. Whether you decide to bludge your way through this period is totally up to you".

Titanic
04-06-11, 09:49 PM
I don't think he bludges, I just think he's lost it. The other teams know him, their coaches have worked him out and even worse they've worked out our very simple one-dimensional play book.

The worst off-field thing about today's game was that even the commentators couldn't hide their total disdain at our team.

Here is the rub ... players come and go but the team is ours, the players would do well to consider that when they front the media.

eelectrica
04-06-11, 10:00 PM
There is no attacking flare this year. On the rare occasion they get near the opposition line you wonder how they're going screw it up this time. Generally doesn't take long before you see a nice cut pass straight to a surprised spectator sitting in the second row.
Or a simple dropped ball on tackle two!

dean
04-06-11, 10:18 PM
Totally disillusioned. WTF is going on. This team is deteriorating at a rate of knots. Princess is killing us, his kicking, defensive and attacking game is at an all time low. The experienced players are flogging us with schoolboy errors and as for a game plan WTF, nothing changes week in week out. Can't point the finger at anyone in particular but the club as a whole including u/20s and its coaching staff have a hell of a lot to answer for. The fans do not deserve this and their disappointment is evident by the massive drop in crowds this year. I am totally pissed off with what i saw tonight which was an absolutely pathetic display from a team who are expecting and no doubt will get to get the wooden spoon. PFFFFFFFFT!!!!! Goodbye 2011.

Next week the Dragons, F--K ME.

Rage
04-06-11, 10:23 PM
I disagree with the statement that Prince is 'bludging'. Do you honestly think he would be playing any differently if his contract was 2,3 or 6 years?

GoldCoastTitans100
04-06-11, 10:38 PM
I disagree with the statement that Prince is 'bludging'. Do you honestly think he would be playing any differently if his contract was 2,3 or 6 years?

No because he has always been overrated only difference is he is now past what ever ability he had.

gotitans101
04-06-11, 10:45 PM
I wasn't necessarily implying he was 'bludging' either. Just sayin', that's the first thing that comes to mind when we sign a player for five years! Who knows - maybe he just needs a good kick up the a$$ (but so does most of the team of '11!)

Rage
04-06-11, 10:56 PM
I agree with that statement lol but I'm at a loss as to what exactly the team needs. I mean the closest bad run we've ever had to now is the 07 season and that was largely due to injuries but we can't use that excuse this time round.

Despite todays result, I was still able to have a bit of a laugh when Jennings referred to Bodene as Bodene Champion in his interview with the 2gb crew.

qldpanther
04-06-11, 11:20 PM
Back from the game. The Panthers deserved the two points, they were the more desperate of the two teams and made the fewer mistakes. Ryan James' impact for you guys was great, but once he went off the Titans fell back in a heap. The Titans are so low on confidence it feels like you guys are going through a mid season crisis. When the Panthers lost game after game earlier this year some of our fans thought we wouldn't win for a long time! Laffranchi hopefully will be back for you guys next game and should help start the Titans road to recovery.

Titanic
04-06-11, 11:39 PM
On the other side of the coin, I suggest that all Titans fans go to the Titans home page and listen to the post-match interview of Cartright and Prince on Titans tv.

teke
05-06-11, 12:28 AM
How bout that try saver by Mead on Jennings?Wanna know something, both times Mead chased Jennings he said he was cramping badly and couldnt run properly.

teke
05-06-11, 12:51 AM
After the game Carty sat them down and said "Im speechless, I have nothing to say that wont be personal" :surprise: Looks as though he def had players he could have blamed.

titansrawesome
05-06-11, 01:25 AM
After the game Carty sat them down and said "Im speechless, I have nothing to say that wont be personal" :surprise: Looks as though he def had players he could have blamed.

well what can i say the attacking gameplans have been bad for a long time now, maybe he should be the one making new attacking plays and structures up and reviewing the best attacking sides tape and getting someone in their to teach prince how to finally tackle, his players are obviously lost in an incorrect gameplan

gotitans101
05-06-11, 02:38 AM
well what can i say the attacking gameplans have been bad for a long time now, maybe he should be the one making new attacking plays and structures up and reviewing the best attacking sides tape and getting someone in their to teach prince how to finally tackle, his players are obviously lost in an incorrect gameplan

I agree that we are very one dimensional in attack (my brother who ain't a Titans fan even noticed this), but how does that even relate to all the drop balls & errors we keep making week after week? This is what is killing us the most imo.

Mushi
05-06-11, 08:14 AM
Well what a disappointing game. Its hard work being a titans supporter through this but unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad and even though it sucks big time our boys need us out there cheering them on!!! You can bag individual players as much as you want but seriously that loss last night was a TEAM effort - dropped balls and errors by so many players - we could hardly get out of our end in the second half! the confidence in the boys is practically zero and they just can't seem to get rid of all those silly errors in their games. For Carty to say those words to the players..... well he is just dumbfounded too I suppose! He can only coach them during the week - on the field it is up to the boys to lift and play and do all the little things right and most of all to play as a team!!!! We were still right in that game with only 6 points on us until that field goal but we just couldn't do anything right! Surely our season has to turn around soon.... right???? :-(

Coaster
05-06-11, 08:58 AM
I agree that we are very one dimensional in attack (my brother who ain't a Titans fan even noticed this), but how does that even relate to all the drop balls & errors we keep making week after week? This is what is killing us the most imo.

Actually I think they are related, our attack relies on speed of the ruck, without a roll on we don't go anywhere. Our assistant coach is a touch football coach, touch is all about speed.

The issue we have is that the NRL want to and are slowing the game down, there allowing players to linger in the ruck. Which is causing errors from us trying to generate the speed in the play the ball.

We need to learn to play slow.

We have to learn to attack against a set line, and be patient until we get a result. Because if we continue trying to play fast, and don't accept the fact the refs will not accept errors from speed in the play the balls our pain will continue.

shamus
05-06-11, 09:24 AM
Wanna know something, both times Mead chased Jennings he said he was cramping badly and couldnt run properly.

I noticed Mead everywhere in the first half, but in the second half he was very very quiet.....I wasn't sure why but perhaps he was still cramping?

......On a seperate note Srama looked very tired during the game. His work rate was up there and I am unsure if he was rested because of fatigue or he was injured. But I would keep him there. He will only get better.

Ryan
05-06-11, 09:41 AM
50% completion in the second half and that's our halfbacks fault? Really? Considering that most of the dropped ball was before the 3rd tackle when our forwards were supposed to be working it out of our end?
Harrison & Bailey missed more tackles than Prince did.
Bird was the one who threw it to the crowd on 2 occasions while attacking the line - one time due to the fact that Toopi was more interested in staying back to rip the collar off another player.
There were 15 errors in that game, only 2 can be attributed to Prince. Talk about a scapegoat. Our team couldn't have won that game with Cronk or Thurston playing #7 for us, let alone any reserve grade halfback we have.

Supergoose
05-06-11, 10:03 AM
Actually I think they are related, our attack relies on speed of the ruck, without a roll on we don't go anywhere. Our assistant coach is a touch football coach, touch is all about speed.

The issue we have is that the NRL want to and are slowing the game down, there allowing players to linger in the ruck. Which is causing errors from us trying to generate the speed in the play the ball.

We need to learn to play slow.

We have to learn to attack against a set line, and be patient until we get a result. Because if we continue trying to play fast, and don't accept the fact the refs will not accept errors from speed in the play the balls our pain will continue.

Great post Coaster. I think the major issue that we have is the weapons we have aren't effective when we are slowed down. Ryan James is the best "slow" player we have. I don't even think Rogers or Friend would be helping us now because of this point - Laffranchi will help though.

The last two weeks we have been beaten by teams who haven't played that great but have used their weapons - Frank Pritchard, Greg Eastwood, Jamal Idris and Ben Barba (who gets to do his thing because of the others) for the Bulldogs and Trent Waterhouse, Petero Civoniceva, Luke Lewis and Lachlan Coote. Both these teams are going through similar issues to us with a lot of their players being adept when the play the ball is quicker and the defence is retreating but they have major weapons that help them get on a roll when it has been stopped.

When Queensland got on a roll against NSW thanks to Matt Scott and Petero Civoniceva guess who looked great - Ash Harrison. For us he looks terrible and rushed. We need Minichiello to be firing because when he isn't last night happens. Mini breaks tackles and puts other teams on the backfoot (just like Waterhouse did to us last night). Matt White is another we need playing better as he is capable of playing slow.

Bird is a lock. He played five-eighth last night and he played alright and kicked well but he just didn't give the back-line good ball and that is what a five-eighth does he engages the defence and gives his centres quality ball.

I want Prince at five-eighth to release our reliance on him to be everything for us. He is a good passer and he genuinely has teams on high alert when he has the ball in his hand. They try to rush him and that is a lot harder when he's at five-eighth. It's time to give Capewell the reins at half-back and get Prince wider with the responsibility of lighting up our stagnant back-line. Harrison and Bird need to work their stuff out and be prepared to get into the grind - Minichiello needs consistency. Srama is fantastic we need to persist - we need attacking weapons in this team to run off him - the run and play the ball quickly thing is gone, some misdirection and subtlety at hooker followed by some tackle-breaking and line-breaking runs is just what we need. Toopi looked great in patches but we all know he has concentration issues and drops the occasional ball and gives the occasional penalty.

We need to stick strong, but I agree we need to overhaul our approach and look for players who can do damage to a defensive line when they aren't pedalling backwards.

dean
05-06-11, 10:15 AM
Ryan i certainly respect the fact that you are the biggest fan of Prince on this forum. But fairdinkum,week in week out you are the lone ranger when it comes to defending his performances. Not once have you criticised him yet you are the quickest to bag any forum member who has the hide to comment on his poor form this season. You consistently try to sugar coat Princes performance by always throwing in a few misleading stats.

While your stats are correct each week you certainly don't and never give the full story.

This weeks sugar coat is that Bailey and Harro missed more tackles than Prince. Bailey actually missed 6, Harrison 4 and Princess 4.

The difference is that Harrison made 47 Tackles, Bailey 36 and Prince a mere 18.

The stats actually prove once again that Prince is our worst defender.

To tell you the truth i actually do respect and enjoy your opinions and i generally agree with your opinions and comments 90% of the time, but your constant defending of Princes performances after each game is getting a little bit boring week in week out.

Supergoose
05-06-11, 10:28 AM
Don't forget Dean that other teams are seeking out Prince with their biggest weapons on the edge of the ruck and trying to get him one-on-one. Neither Bailey or Harrison have this problem to deal with and generally have plenty of help making their tackles. I'm sure no opposition team sits down and says lets run Waterhouse or Idris or Pritchard at Bull Bailey to make our line-breaks! I don't want to defend Prince too much but I don't think he is the whole reason for how we are going even though I'm sure he has a large say in how we play as a team. We are missing some important cattle and are in transition. It is time for us to look forward now and start working on combinations for next season. To change our game plan now and make a run at the eight appears beyond us with the current group - I think we need to focus on the players that will be with us next season and build the game plan and the focus on combinations. Anyone whose contract is up for grabs should be in there trying to prove their worth (see Tomane and Walker). Esi may have played his last game for us.

dean
05-06-11, 10:36 AM
Don't forget Dean that other teams are seeking out Prince with their biggest weapons on the edge of the ruck and trying to get him one-on-one. Neither Bailey or Harrison have this problem to deal with and generally have plenty of help making their tackles. I'm sure no opposition team sits down and says lets run Waterhouse or Idris or Pritchard at Bull Bailey to make our line-breaks! I don't want to defend Prince too much but I don't think he is the whole reason for how we are going even though I'm sure he has a large say in how we play as a team. We are missing some important cattle and are in transition. It is time for us to look forward now and start working on combinations for next season. To change our game plan now and make a run at the eight appears beyond us with the current group - I think we need to focus on the players that will be with us next season and build the game plan and the focus on combinations. Anyone whose contract is up for grabs should be in there trying to prove their worth (see Tomane and Walker). Esi may have played his last game for us.

Agree 100%. Great Post.

Rage
05-06-11, 10:56 AM

Just curious how you found this out?

Ryan
05-06-11, 11:14 AM
Ryan i certainly respect the fact that you are the biggest fan of Prince on this forum. But fairdinkum,week in week out you are the lone ranger when it comes to defending his performances. Not once have you criticised him yet you are the quickest to bag any forum member who has the hide to comment on his poor form this season. You consistently try to sugar coat Princes performance by always throwing in a few misleading stats.

While your stats are correct each week you certainly don't and never give the full story.

This weeks sugar coat is that Bailey and Harro missed more tackles than Prince. Bailey actually missed 6, Harrison 4 and Princess 4.

The difference is that Harrison made 47 Tackles, Bailey 36 and Prince a mere 18.

The stats actually prove once again that Prince is our worst defender.

To tell you the truth i actually do respect and enjoy your opinions and i generally agree with your opinions and comments 90% of the time, but your constant defending of Princes performances after each game is getting a little bit boring week in week out.

Actually, I was the first one to suggest that he spend a week back in Q-Cup!
He had some terrible performances, but has since picked his game back up. Of course he is not at his best, but for someone who was easily the best halfback in the game in seasons past - it is a pretty high bench mark to get back to. Playing in a team which is averaging 20 errors per match isn't make it any easier.

I agree that stats do not tell the full story, but they are more often than not a good indicator of someones workload and the way the match has been played.

Prince is a halfback and our #1 playmaker, he should not be relied upon in defense and making 18 tackles per game. He is not 6' tall and 100kgs+ and put there to be tackling the other teams forward pack. His energy and focus should be reserved for attacking\playmaking. Nor should he be spending his week training for defense, especially while our attack is in disarray.

People pointing at Prince week in week out for our losses is whats getting boring. Looking at the way our entire team is performing and continually putting the shortfalls on the halfback is getting ridiculous. You can't fly like an eagle when you are surrounded by ducks. The entire team is in a hole that Langer, Johns or Thurston wouldn't get us out of.

TITAN PETE
05-06-11, 11:38 AM
......On a seperate note Srama looked very tired during the game. His work rate was up there and I am unsure if he was rested because of fatigue or he was injured. But I would keep him there. He will only get better.

Srama had another top game his defense is probably only 2nd to Friendy , he brought Petro down on several occasions throughout the match & was always 1st player chasing the kicks downtown but he was gone when Carty replaced him , I pointed out to a few when he chased a kick made the tackle & then put himself at outside centre almost waving the white Flag :helpme:

Leave him at 9 & put James at 10 & consider Rankin at 6 :fist:

titansrawesome
05-06-11, 11:47 AM
zillman looked pretty average at fullback tonight too, no single player can be blamed for our season but i do believe our forwards have done nothing wrong this season its been 1-7 thats been the problem

patskE
05-06-11, 12:07 PM
its just not 1-7, the forwards are making the mistakes. n givien the penalties.
our backs have done nothing but, i do agree with you there, but its cause prince hasnt done anything...
needs more presto magic....
and maybe walker for some flair which we really lack this ear, n now seeing gordon is out

Titanic
05-06-11, 12:10 PM
Some pretty handy comments in here today. Can I add?

1. Commit the team to a 9, 7, 6 & 1 and stick with it ... specialist players with a view to the future. How can the boys do the "hard stuff" at training if they have to re-adjust each week? That's a complete waste of time and effort.

2. Get the pack to stand back and run onto the ball with purpose. Sadly this is related to point 1. If you play too flat the opposition spots you and forces handling errors because you have no space for setting your own personal defence against the defenders.

3. It is useless having a sprint attack unless you have space. How to create it? Either (a) turn the defence around with your forwards/quick plays, or (b) have your pivots AND their support standing deep.

4. Our defence is fine IF we don't have to make more tackles than the other team.

5. Stupid penalties can only be frustration or idiots (take your pick) but most likely the first one :-)

imho.

Coaster
05-06-11, 12:32 PM
This year there have been 75 less tries then same time last year in the NRL.
We need to accept that we need to change our style of play, and play slow. That means forwards in numbers to pull defenders in before thinking about backs.

James needs more minutes, and White and Hendo need to bend the line

teke
05-06-11, 12:35 PM
Some pretty handy comments in here today. Can I add?

1. Commit the team to a 9, 7, 6 & 1 and stick with it ... specialist players with a view to the future. How can the boys do the "hard stuff" at training if they have to re-adjust each week? That's a complete waste of time and effort.

2. Get the pack to stand back and run onto the ball with purpose. Sadly this is related to point 1. If you play too flat the opposition spots you and forces handling errors because you have no space for setting your own personal defence against the defenders.

3. It is useless having a sprint attack unless you have space. How to create it? Either (a) turn the defence around with your forwards/quick plays, or (b) have your pivots AND their support standing deep.

4. Our defence is fine IF we don't have to make more tackles than the other team.

5. Stupid penalties can only be frustration or idiots (take your pick) but most likely the first one :-)

imho.Absolutely spot on

Titan_Blue
05-06-11, 12:35 PM
How does a second-rower play 33 minutes and make 9 metres?

I never want to see Taga starting again.

teke
05-06-11, 12:37 PM
I noticed Mead everywhere in the first half, but in the second half he was very very quiet.....I wasn't sure why but perhaps he was still cramping?

He was everywhere in the 1st half cause he doesnt want to be dropped :laugh: this led to him running himself to crampage early and 2nd half was the result, that plus a few snr players told him to go and sit in his position :nope:

teke
05-06-11, 12:45 PM
How does a second-rower play 33 minutes and make 9 metres?

I never want to see Taga starting again.:laugh: That's not a very flattering stat is it.

titansrawesome
05-06-11, 12:48 PM
if someone gets taga into some muay thai and boxing training and conditioning he will be really fit and he will play way better

CairnsTitan
05-06-11, 12:56 PM
^^lol awesome

im also thinking we give prince a heart transplant because that pea sized one really isn't doing the job

Titanic
05-06-11, 12:57 PM
:laugh: That's not a very flattering stat is it.

Certainly not good enough but who is pushing him around the field?

Let's look at this objectively.

Team is choking with frustration + captain/s choking with lack of confidence = team totally disfunctional.

Those players who are workhorses need to be driven around the field, if they are not then they are lost. I don't want to defend Tagataese's lack of application but just like there is more than one issue to resolved here there also isn't any one player to blame.

Coaster
05-06-11, 01:05 PM
Certainly not good enough but who is pushing him around the field?

Let's look at this objectively.

Team is choking with frustration + captain/s choking with lack of confidence = team totally disfunctional.

Those players who are workhorses need to be driven around the field, if they are not then they are lost. I don't want to defend Tagataese's lack of application but just like there is more than one issue to resolved here there also isn't any one player to blame.
Maybe it's time to give the captaincy to bull, tell Bird he will be fined if he passes, tell mini to concentrate on meters and ball control nothing else.

Time to play up the middle, and stay there. Let Prince sit back and kick only.

titansrawesome
05-06-11, 01:30 PM
bull should be captain, i will get crucified for this but who cares, prince is not fit for that 7 jersey, he is easily the worst 7 in the comp right now, which is a horrible contrast from 07-10 when he was one of the best and the fact he can not tackle after all these years is concerning. i really dont know how carty can fix this he needs to sit down with ricky stuart or wayne bennett or bellamy or gould

karnage
05-06-11, 01:47 PM
Anybody who can find any positive out of last night's game is dead set kidding themselves. The 80 minutes we dished up was, quite simply, not up to NRL standard.

Reading stats is a waste of time when you are beaten comprehensively by a bottom 8 team off a 5 day backup at home.

Carty has officially last the plot:
1. Taga is not a starting second rower. He is an impact player best utilised from the bench.

2. We have had 4 different five eighths in the last 4 weeks - Campbell / Prince / Zillman / Bird.

3. Toopi might be killing it in the Q Cup but he is in his 30's, set to retire at the end of the year and incapable of making a line break. If good Q Cup form was a recipe for selection then surely Walker and Tomane would have been given a decent crack by now.

4. Thompson is still in the centres being hopelessly wasted. It is hard to remember just how good he was at the end of last year because he is being employed out of position. He won't be there next year so he should be given the opportunity to develop his skills in a position more suitable to his skill set.

The season is over. The only thing that we have to look forward to for the remainder of 2011 is the development of YOUNG players who can take us forward in 2012. James, Ridge and Srama are doing well but Tomane and Walker must also be given the chance to show what they can do - not just a one off make or break game. I'll even include Rankin in that, a guy I have been highly critical of, but we are going to learn nothing about him if he just keeps running around in the powder puff games that are Toyota Cup football.

Preston might have scored a good try last night but he needs to be tapped on the shoulder. He is not the answer to the clubs problems moving forward.

There were 12,000 people in the ground last night and none of them who weren't either members or Panthers fans were given any reason to return for the rest of the year.