PDA

View Full Version : Bird to Hooker?

doc
25-05-11, 11:14 AM
i have an idea of moving bird to hooker and want to know what the rest of the fans think

Coaster
25-05-11, 11:30 AM
I like the fact you are thinking laterally rather then "buy this player" a lot seem to suggest. but i think we would be better suited with a Capewell type, just my opinion.

I tell you though Doc, its not the craziest idea i have heard

doc
25-05-11, 11:30 AM
if you vote in the poll please give a reason why you voted the way you did

TitansFan2020
25-05-11, 11:31 AM
Yeah it is a good idea but does he have the m,atch fitness to make 40+ tackles per game, but i agree that he would be a good kicker, passer and ballrunner. BTW boys doc is jayden he is in my class :)

doc
25-05-11, 11:34 AM
i think capewell would do alright in attack but in defence i just dont like the idea of him defending in the middle of the field wheras i think bird would love it

doc
25-05-11, 11:40 AM
Yeah it is a good idea but does he have the m,atch fitness to make 40+ tackles per game, but i agree that he would be a good kicker, passer and ballrunner. BTW boys doc is jayden he is in my class :)

i think if he can play lock for the game he can play hooker if not interchange him with srama

Surfers6
25-05-11, 11:51 AM
It is not a bad idea but his best position is 2nd Row IMO.

Boofhead
25-05-11, 11:52 AM
Would be a massive waste of talent.

AmericanTitan
25-05-11, 11:59 AM
I voted 2nd row. I believe that to be his best position, especially the way the team is set up.

DIEHARD
25-05-11, 12:07 PM
Would be a massive waste of talent.

I agree mate. I voted 2nd row. I'd have Ash as our first choice lock.

Titan_Blue
25-05-11, 12:47 PM
Big no from me.

He would not be dynamic enough at dummy half, and his offloading and ballplaying ability would be wasted there.

Out on the fringes he can get up a full head of steam and take advantage of all of these strengths.

Capewell's defence is beyond hopeless, and sticking him at 9 is not going to suddenly fix that.

Coaster
25-05-11, 12:51 PM
Big no from me.

He would not be dynamic enough at dummy half, and his offloading and ballplaying ability would be wasted there.

Out on the fringes he can get up a full head of steam and take advantage of all of these strengths.

Capewell's defence is beyond hopeless, and sticking him at 9 is not going to suddenly fix that.

His one on one is questionable, but he would be working in a pack

Titan_Blue
25-05-11, 01:21 PM
His one on one is questionable, but he would be working in a pack

You mean the pack would have to cover for him?

If it were that simple, Presto would be playing hooker for us right now.

thelwall
25-05-11, 03:40 PM
no offence but i think it is the BIGGEST waste of birds talent

Rage
25-05-11, 04:54 PM
Like most people here, I voted second row which is to me, inarguably Bird's best position

titansrawesome
25-05-11, 06:03 PM
i vote lock because it is a ball running forward spot which is similar to 5/8 and he can take long kicks from there

Supergoose
25-05-11, 07:03 PM
I think Bird would be a revelation at hooker and would give him the involvement he craves. He would be a different style o hooker to most we have seen and he would need to work on his passing speed and precision, but it is exciting. Why not get one of our better players with his hands on the ball more and making more tackles. He seems to have the build and personality to make him an excellent hooker. I think I suggested this after round 1 or 2 when it was obvious that Brown is next to useless at NRL level.

BackpackingTitan
25-05-11, 07:30 PM
I remember Bird playing a bit of hooker when he first came into first grade at the Sharks. I don't think he has the skill and speed around the ruck area though. I mean everyone has been going on about how bad Brown's service is out of dummy half I really doubt Bird's would be any quicker or accurate. I mean this year we have all seen Prince running onto the ball with runners around him to have to pause and turn to catch a bad pass behind him.

The way the Titan's play that extra half a second you get from a skillfull hooker who has experience in the position really makes a big difference. I'm also not a fan of Odwyer filling in there either.

teke
26-05-11, 12:29 AM
I remember Bird playing a bit of hooker when he first came into first grade at the Sharks. I don't think he has the skill and speed around the ruck area though. I mean everyone has been going on about how bad Brown's service is out of dummy half I really doubt Bird's would be any quicker or accurate. I mean this year we have all seen Prince running onto the ball with runners around him to have to pause and turn to catch a bad pass behind him.

The way the Titan's play that extra half a second you get from a skillfull hooker who has experience in the position really makes a big difference. I'm also not a fan of Odwyer filling in there either.I agree

Dopamine
26-05-11, 07:53 AM
Bird i think is better @ Lock he can run everywhere on the field instead of just the left side... I think lock is like a 5/8 for the fowards if you know what i mean..

I think capewell will be a better Hooker..... Has good passes, quick off the mark and good support player..

doc
27-05-11, 11:30 PM
changed my mind srama to play hooker for rest of 2011 and beyond

Titanic
27-05-11, 11:38 PM
changed my mind srama to play hooker for rest of 2011 and beyond

yep - he had the nervous nellies there for a while but he'll do me as something to build around ... let's get busy.

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 11:40 PM
for a young guy who played the full 80 minutes I thought Srama played like a champ.

A couple of tough ones early but he settled well and actually looked like he belonged. I look forward to watching his bright future.

doc
27-05-11, 11:42 PM
too far fetched to say man of the match performance?

gotitans101
27-05-11, 11:43 PM
Srama did good for his first game. He found out in the first ten minutes that p!ss poor tackle attempts won't be good enough to save tries in first grade. But in attack, he provides the flair that we need from dummy half, something that Brown completely lacks.

I only feel he'll get better & better with time & experience.

TitansFan2020
27-05-11, 11:45 PM
yep that is enough for me to say. HOOKER 2012

Tamwelg
27-05-11, 11:46 PM
too far fetched to say man of the match performance?

Not at all best on ground for both teams IMO.

Bird to hooker not required, Srama looks like he's our man.

doc
27-05-11, 11:50 PM
yep that is enough for me to say. HOOKER 2012

i think after that he will be playing hooker for 2011 his passes were great, he ran the ball tackled well(after the first ten) and that was only his first game in first grade

Rage
28-05-11, 02:12 PM
Think it's universally agreed - Srama for rest of this season

Dopamine
28-05-11, 02:59 PM
Think it's universally agreed - Srama for rest of this season

Amen

Btw i think he was close to the best on field... After the 1st 10mins. Tackled good, ran the ball alot (not like brown) Even the commentators said he had an "Outstanding" debut.