DIEHARD
18-05-11, 10:32 PM
Tweed Heads Seagulls v Ipswich Jets
Sun, May 22 3:00 PM Piggabeen Sports

DIEHARD
18-05-11, 10:33 PM
Tweed Heads Seagulls v Ipswich Jets at Piggabeen Sports on Sunday, May 22 - 3pm

Tweed Heads Seagulls

1. Shannon Walker 2. Nathanael Barnes 3. James Wood 4. Dominique Peyroux 5. Tom Merritt 6. Matt King 7. Brad Davis 8. Aaron Cannings 9. Kayne Lawton 10. Brock Hunter 11. Ben Ridge 12. Selasi Berdie 13. Cody Nelson 14. Ryan Milligan 15. Kingi Akauola 16. Josh Starling 17. Rod Griffin

Coach: Ben Anderson

Ipswich Jets

1. Marshall Chalk 2. Ramon Filipine 3. Donald Malone 4. Jarrod McInally 5. Luke Walker 6. Luke Capewell 7. Brendon Lindsay 8. Tyson Lofipo 9. Michael Fisher 10. Trevor Exton 11. Jacob Ling 12. Lorenzo Maafu 13. Keiron Lander 15. Nathaniel Neale 16. Sam Martin 17. Smith Samau 18. Ian Lacey

Coach: Ben Walker & Shane Walker

DIEHARD
18-05-11, 10:35 PM
With no footy this weekend with the Titans having the BYE this might be the best bet for a footy fix considering they are both out feeder clubs.

DIEHARD
21-05-11, 08:54 AM
Jets could have winning edge

AHEAD of their enormous encounter with the undefeated Tweed Heads Seagulls, in-form Ipswich Jets prop Trevor Exton said there was a 2008 feeling in the club this year.

And Exton should know.

The burly Papua New Guinea international was one of the best in the Jets? run to the minor premiership and their grand final appearance in 2008.

He returned this year after two seasons for the Sheffield Eagles in northern England.

?There?s a real 2008 feel about the club at the moment,? Exton said.

?We have myself and Don (Malone) back who was also here in 08 and for me it?s like not much has changed from that 08 season to now in how the club works.

?Ben and Shane weren?t here then but they are doing a great job with the team.

?I came back to the Jets because the club has always been a family club and nothing has changed.?

Exton said he relished his shift to prop after playing most of his career in the back row.

?It?s not that different for me playing prop because the Walker boys allow me to roam out wide if I want,? Exton said.

?The Walkers said to me at the start of the year they saw me playing in the middle to make sure the centre is tight and that?s what I do, but if I want to play on the edge at times I can.

?I think I?ve been going pretty good so far.

?The first few weeks it took me a bit to get going, but now I feel comfortable with my game.?

The Jets will be underdogs against Tweed when they clash at Piggabeen on Sunday.

Tweed have been on fire all season, recording eight wins from as many games with an amazing for and against record of plus 127.

Last week they dispatched the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles 44-10.

With the likes of Shannon Walker, Kayne Lawton, Ben Ridge and Brad Davis in their team, Tweed will be the biggest test in the Jets? season so far.

But Jets co-coach Ben Walker said he did not fear the NSW club.

?They have a number of good players and we will need to turn up on the day to beat them,? Walker said.

?But last week Pride and Redcliffe were beaten. Anyone can be beaten on their day in this comp, it?s very tight.?

The team named by the Jets on Tuesday may change with the Gold Coast Titans having a bye in the NRL this week.

Centre Joseph Tomane and second rower Sam Tagataese could come into the team late.

Tagataese was sensational for the Titans against the Manly Sea Eagles last Monday, after playing three weeks in the Queensland Cup for the Jets.

Titans coach John Cartwright will be at the match to cast his eye over the legion of Titans players involved in the contest.

If Jets five eighth Luke Capewell reproduces his form last week against the Devils in front of Cartwright, the veteran coach would have no choice but to pick him for their next NRL match.

http://www.qt.com.au/

DIEHARD
21-05-11, 08:55 AM
Jets face judgement day

FUNDAMENTALIST Christian pastor Harold Camping proclaims that today is Judgement Day and only true believers will be spared god’s wrath.

But for the Ipswich Jets, even if they make it through the night with the rest of us, they will wake tomorrow to face another stern character test.

Camping is the 89-year-old founder of a Christian cult that disseminates numerological interpretations of the Bible to followers via a network of FM radio stations in the US and podcasts on its website.

Camping said that God “wants us to know that exactly 7000 years after he destroyed the world with water in Noah’s day, he plans to destroy the entire world forever”.

Camping’s version of God obviously does not follow the Queensland Cup, because he would have delayed Judgement Day to Monday if he did.

The Jets clash with top-of-the-table Tweed Heads Seagulls tomorrow in Piggabeen in what promises to be the game of the round.

And the factor the Jets co-coach Shane Walker said would get his team over the line – “belief”. Not necessarily in God, but in each other and the team’s game plan.

“Each week, the belief amongst the group is growing,” Walker said.

“You can do all the hard work at training but if you don’t have confidence you won’t perform.

“This team has a lot of confidence now.”

And so they should.

Last week they came from 18-6 down against the Norths Devils at Bishop Park to win 46-30.

While leaking 30 points is not ideal, it is a pass mark considering the Devils had nearly 10 minutes of consecutive sets on the Jets’ goal line.

“The best thing to come out of that match was the confidence the boys got from being able to hold their line together,” Walker said.

“They know our systems work now.”

Interchange forward Smith Samau has been an unsung hero for the Jets this year.

If the former NRL player continues his form he could force himself into a starting spot now that Joseph Tomane is playing for the Gold Coast Titans.

http://www.qt.com.au/

TitansFan2020
21-05-11, 10:20 AM
god 2012, 2000, 2011 choose your date

DIEHARD
23-05-11, 12:15 AM
Seagulls extend undefeated streak

TWEED Heads Seagulls muscled up in defence to extend their undefeated streak with a gutsy 18-8 victory over fellow Titans feeder club Ipswich at Piggabeen today.

In driving rain, the Seagulls got down and dirty to deny the brave Jets with what coach Ben Anderson described after the match as his club's best win of the season.

Both teams played some good footy but it was the fortress-like defence of the Seagulls on their own line during the first 25-minutes of the second half that in the end proved the difference.

Winger Nat Barnes had his 100th game celebrations marred by an ankle injury.

Tweed Heads have now equalled the Burleigh Bears' 1999 premiership winning side's mark of nine consecutive wins to start the season.

Meanwhile, Brisbane Bronco Ben Te'o bagged two tries to guide Wynnum Manly to a 26-4 win over the Burleigh Bears.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/