PDA

View Full Version : Round 12 Double Header: Canterbury Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans

Pages : [1] 2

Boofhead
17-05-11, 11:41 AM
Canterbury Bulldogs vs
Gold Coast Titans8:45PM Friday 27 May 2011 - Suncorp Stadium
(Broncos vs Manly 7:00pm)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/bulldogsvstitans.jpg

TEAM LISTS
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3690/gcvcby.jpg

Super_Matt
17-05-11, 11:59 AM
Titans hate playing at Suncorp :(

Boofhead
17-05-11, 12:03 PM
Titans hate playing at Suncorp :(

Not sure if I can bring myself to going up to this one, had enough long fail train rides home.

Edit: Saying that... we did win this fixture last year!

Titan_Blue
17-05-11, 12:46 PM
Laffranchi should be back, where would he figure in this team?

I'm hoping Bird moves to 6 and Laffranchi to second-row...

teke
17-05-11, 01:08 PM
Titans simple havnt had the backbone to get any type of form on the board this year. 1,6,7 and 9 has been the problem from the get go.

If the players watch the Manly game together they are going to be bitterly disappointed in how disjointed their attack was. It might spark some vast improvement in this area. The effort is certainly there.

Titans by 20 :D

AmericanTitan
17-05-11, 01:19 PM
if Laffranchi is back then I think its clear Bird has to return to the halves and Zillman back to fullback.

Maybe the Titans can go on a long win streak? Stranger things have happened!

Boofhead
17-05-11, 03:17 PM
1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Bird
7. Prince (c)
8. Bailey
9. Brown
10. Henderson
11. Thompson
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Laffranchi
16. Tagataese (Prop)
17. Capewell

Brown to play the 80, Capewell to come into 5/8 at some stage shifting Bird into second row.

Titan_Blue
17-05-11, 03:54 PM
Thompson will surely be in the centres...

Rage
17-05-11, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Carty persists with Zilly in the 6 though. While I wouldn't mind seeing Bird in the 6, I dunno if I want another change in such a pivotal position that will directly affect Prince's game yet again

DIEHARD
17-05-11, 06:41 PM
Don't be soft Gold Coasters, come to the game! Many Titans fans including me make the long trip from Brisbane to Titans games regularly.

You can do it a couple times a year :P

I'm looking forward to this one, we need to win at Lang Park!

Mushi
17-05-11, 07:32 PM
OH a must win game for sure - I will never hear the end of it from my Bulldogs loving uncle and cousins!!!!! Will be payback for the **** I heaped on them last year of course he he.
Would love to be up there for the game but on a friday night its just not possible for me unfortunately :-( Will be cheering the boys on loudly and proudly from the gold coast for this game!!!

hammer
17-05-11, 09:06 PM
I booked my tickets in the Titans Supporter's Bay...this will be the turning point in our season!

DIEHARD
17-05-11, 09:23 PM
Remember the game does start at 8:45pm, if this encouraged Gold Coasters to tgravel.

Gates: 4.30pm
Sea Eagles vs Broncos: Kick off 7pm
Bulldogs vs Titans: Kick off 8.45pm

karnage
17-05-11, 09:46 PM
I'll be there it's always a good night. Could be a loooong evening... I shudder to think what Ben Barba would have done to us had he been in that Manly team last night.

AmericanTitan
18-05-11, 02:03 AM
I didn't realize the game started so late. Hell, the SUN will be out here when the game kicks off!

DIEHARD
18-05-11, 04:37 AM
Laffranchi to shape up for Bulldogs clash

TITANS forward Anthony Laffranchi has declared himself a certain starter when the Gold Coast attempt to get their season back on track against the Bulldogs on Friday week.

The former NSW and Test back rower has been sidelined for the past six weeks with ankle ligament damage.

After a long and at times frustrating rehabilitation, Laffranchi said he was ready to rip as the Titans fight to salvage their finals hopes.

"I am pretty certain I will shape up against the Bulldogs," Laffranchi said.

"With ruptured ligaments it is a six-week healing process and the bye weekend falls on six weeks.

"The bye has come at a good time, giving me that extra week to be fully fit."

Nearly mid-way through the season, the Titans are anchored near the bottom of the ladder with Canberra the only cushion between them and dead last.

They head into the Bulldogs clash coming off back to back losses against the Warriors and Manly.

"It has definitely been frustrating," Laffranchi said.

"After a couple losses I am itching to contribute to the team and help out in any way I can.

"It is hard to pin point (where things are going wrong).

"There are areas in the game that are costing us.

"In the past when we give away a penalty or an error we defend it and bounce back.

"It seems teams have been getting the full benefit and scoring and putting us in the deep end on the back of them."

Laffranchi said he was even more determined to play against the Bulldogs to help ease the burden on Origin stars Ash Harrison and Greg Bird, who will attempt to back up for Queensland and NSW respectively.

"There is half a season still to go and hopefully we can push on a bit further," Laffranchi said.

"They are the elite players in your club team and you always want them to get through and back up.

"Hopefully with myself coming back I can help out their situation by carrying a bit of the workload of the guys backing up."

Assistant coach Steve Murphy will hold the fort while John Cartwright is in camp with the Blues.

"Murph has done it when Carty has been away with City and Australia," Laffranchi said.

"He is great to have around and definitely a skillful coach with aspirations of being a head NRL coach one day."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
18-05-11, 04:38 AM
Gee that would be a big boost for the Titans if Anthony returned.

Mushi
18-05-11, 03:54 PM
Definitely a boost for the team if Boof can return - esp with Harro and Birdy in origin teams that week!!!!!

Rage
18-05-11, 03:58 PM
Would love for him to come back but if there's any doubt whatsoever, he should rest another week

Supergoose
18-05-11, 06:44 PM
Esi v Idris should be worth the price of admission alone. I'm finally going to get to a game an I get two for the price of one and two quality encounters I hope. The number 9 is a real problem for us. Could Bird or Harrison perhaps plug the gap, Bird is certainly built for the caper, not sure if his passin is good enough though.

DIEHARD
18-05-11, 06:45 PM
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE DOUBLE HEADER (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Shows/Show.aspx?sh=DOUBLE11)

Try and get tickets for Bays 312 or 313.

Nick
18-05-11, 08:51 PM
Tomane wasnt named for ipswich, does anybody know if anything is going on there? Is he just having a rest, or is he in cartys plans against the dogs?

TitansFan2020
18-05-11, 09:23 PM
1. bird and harrison will be at origin probably not backing up
2. tomane hope so but unlikely
3. esi vs idris, idris is likely to play origin with gasnier probs out with his baby been born

TitansFan2020
19-05-11, 09:04 PM
this is who will be for us next week
1. capewell
2. michaels
3. tonga
4.tomane
5. mead
6. zillman
7. prince
8. bailey
9. brown
14. henderson
11. bodene
12. minichello
13. o dwyer

8.white
15. laffranchi
16. campbell
17. james

almost garantee it

Titan_Blue
19-05-11, 09:17 PM
What are you basing that on?

teke
20-05-11, 02:24 AM
I hope Tomane gets another shot cause being dumped from a performance where you know you played bad would be horrible to the youngster.

It wont get any easier marking up on Morris/Barba corridor.

patskE
20-05-11, 10:55 AM
dw u know carty. he wont drop anyone unless they are injuryed!

TITAN PETE
21-05-11, 10:23 AM
1. bird and harrison will be at origin probably not backing up
2. tomane hope so but unlikely
3. esi vs idris, idris is likely to play origin with gasnier probs out with his baby been born

Bird & Harrison will have to have BrokenArms & Legs not to back up on Friday night :nope:

The good news for us is Aiden Tolman will be out for 4-5 weeks after suffering an injury against the Raiders :D

DIEHARD
21-05-11, 10:26 AM
The good news for us is Aiden Tolman will be out for 4-5 weeks after suffering an injury against the Raiders :D

Haha Pete you are evil. But the loss of Aiden will help us win the forwards battle. Hopefully they can follow his lead. I just love you Bull.

Nick
21-05-11, 09:57 PM
If anyone needs confirmation that lawton needs another shot, have a look at the highlights of the tweed vs sunny coast game from last week (on qrl.com.au). He had a blinder.

TitansFan2020
21-05-11, 10:14 PM
im on qrl where do you look to find it

TITAN PETE
22-05-11, 12:09 AM

Find what Turtle :surprise:

Rage
22-05-11, 12:44 AM
Find what Turtle :surprise:

think he means the highlights of the qrl game showcasing Lawton?

Nick
22-05-11, 09:13 AM

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia

Click that, then go to Rd8 Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles Vs Tweed Head Seagulls in the media player there

Toads
22-05-11, 01:02 PM
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR THE DOUBLE HEADER (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Shows/Show.aspx?sh=DOUBLE11)

Try and get tickets for Bays 312 or 313.

Hmm, still tossing up to weather to go to the Double Header on the Friday night. As I'll be up at Suncorp, the following Sunday for the Queensland Reds vs Canterbury Crusaders Match.

I'll see what the next couple of days bring. If I don't make it to the Double Header, I'll definately be there for Round 19 Broncos vs. Titans. :)

titansrawesome
22-05-11, 01:30 PM
..edited by Coaster
OFF TOPIC

teke
22-05-11, 04:04 PM
..edited by Coaster
OFF TOPIC

titansrawesome
22-05-11, 04:09 PM
..edited by Coaster
OFF TOPIC

Coaster
22-05-11, 05:04 PM
Get the thread back on topic or i will start deleting posts and hand out warnings

Steelers
22-05-11, 11:27 PM
If anyone needs confirmation that lawton needs another shot, have a look at the highlights of the tweed vs sunny coast game from last week (on qrl.com.au). He had a blinder.

To be fair, Sunshine Coast aren't exactly QRL standard this year...

Boofhead
23-05-11, 05:50 PM
Nine News: Laffranchi in extreme doubt after rolling his ankle.

Rage
23-05-11, 06:07 PM
Ah that's a shame, don't play him at all if there's even 1% doubt on him

AmericanTitan
23-05-11, 06:12 PM

ugh. If its not one things its another with the Titans this year!

Titanic
24-05-11, 12:12 AM

What's wrong with players these days? Cut the bloody thing off, strap it, give him a shot (or two if he's a real man) of Bundy and send him out there... geez!

DIEHARD
24-05-11, 12:13 AM

Damn it. Hope he is ok. We just don't seem to be having any luck on or off the field. I hope we get Laffranchi back. His last game was the miracle in Canberra wasn't it? That is at least one of the bright shining lights of 2011.

I encourage all Titans fans to make the effort to attend. We need your support. We say that alot but it has more meaning than ever. No Surrender No Retreat! Go Titans!

Titan_Blue
24-05-11, 12:20 AM

####!!!!

AmericanTitan
24-05-11, 11:11 AM
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/05/24/317821_gold-coast-titans.html

Any read that this morning?

TitansFan2020
24-05-11, 11:47 AM
if hes not 100% dont play him

teke
24-05-11, 01:07 PM
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/05/24/317821_gold-coast-titans.html

Any read that this morning?It's a move that was bound to happen at some stage, he needs to be out wider doing his stuff. He will tear it up at 5/8

Titan_Blue
24-05-11, 01:21 PM
Team in:

1 Preston Campbell
2 Steve Michaels
3 Esi Tonga
4 Bodene Thompson
5 David Mead
6 William Zillman
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Riley Brown
10 Michael Henderson
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

INTERCHANGE
14 Matt White
15 Ryan James
16 Sam Tagataese
17 Luke O'Dwyer

From the club website.

Real shame not to have Lafrranchi on board, would love to hear if his training injury was serious or not.

curly_11
24-05-11, 03:01 PM
Dissappointing not to see ridge in the team.

And i would prefer lawton at 9.

Oh well i knew it was going to be a long year.

karnage
24-05-11, 03:07 PM
With Henderson in the team we are going to struggle.

titansrawesome
24-05-11, 04:07 PM
oh carty you fool you gave tomane only one chance tsk tsk and still not giving a chance to walker after campbell has played mediocre, henderson i would sub out for ridge and put bodene/taga at prop

GoldCoastTitans100
24-05-11, 04:11 PM
With Henderson in the team we are going to struggle.

Are saying Michael Henderson is the Titans problem atm ?

I would point the finger at a couple of players before Henderson

Rage
24-05-11, 05:18 PM
Really interesting if Prince moves to the 6. Even if he does tear it up there and Campbell also plays well at halfback, how does this go for solving our long term problems? If we stick by this for the rest of the year, what if Presto retires or doesn't want to play 80 minutes next year? While this could work for this season, I can see it as a big problem for next year, particularly when this is meant to be our 'rebuilding' year

gotitans101
24-05-11, 06:11 PM
Same ol' team really. God knows why Brown is still in there.

Supergoose
24-05-11, 06:42 PM
The Prince to six thing I suggested a couple of weeks ago. I love the idea and it will take some of the pressure off him and let him do what he loves best which is feed the backline. Presto is a temporary solution at half but Luke Capewell is definitely a long term proposition and let's hope he is getting time there in the QCup. Would love to see this trialled for a few weeks and then Capewell brought on to the bench to run at halfback and provide the back-up utility role and perhaps even some hooker. Really distraught that Brown is still there. We look terrible when he is providing the service. I also get annoyed that teams don't bother to name the side they intend to use. I hope we do line-up with Prince at 6, will be an interesting experiment.

BackpackingTitan
24-05-11, 06:57 PM
Prince seemed to look like he was trying to play more second receiver last week not just in the try he scored but on a couple of other plays in the first half. The backline does look slicker with him out there but only when he gets good service from the inside. It will be interesting to see how Carty goes about this. Does Preston defend in the front line or at Fullback and then switch to Half in attack?

I'm looking forward to seeing Tonga and James play they are improving every week especially James. Its good to see him starting to bend the line back when he runs the ball.

GoldCoastTitans100
24-05-11, 07:00 PM
The Prince to six thing I suggested a couple of weeks ago. I love the idea and it will take some of the pressure off him and let him do what he loves best which is feed the backline.

Presto is a temporary solution at half but Luke Capewell is definitely a long term proposition and let's hope he is getting time there in the QCup. Would love to see this trialled for a few weeks and then Capewell brought on to the bench to run at halfback and provide the back-up utility role and perhaps even some hooker. Really distraught that Brown is still there. We look terrible when he is providing the service. I also get annoyed that teams don't bother to name the side they intend to use. I hope we do line-up with Prince at 6, will be an interesting experiment.

Prince is the HB/C he should be able to deal with the pressure since he is experienced.

I never liked Preston at HB he is not that player who is going to control the team, F8 is his best position.

6. Prince
7. Presto
This will not help that team at all.

If prince can't start performing, Capewell and Zillman need to be in the halves.

BackpackingTitan
24-05-11, 07:09 PM
In my opinion Prince played very well last week. At the start of the year he had some issues with defence and taking the ball to the line but I think he's sorted that out. Zillman is not a half he doesnt have the passing or kicking game. Maybe he can develop this if he stays there for the rest of the year but to me he is a ball runner.

Prince doesnt look as good as he usually would because he is getting absolutely no help from his 1, 6 and 9. Putting Capewell and Zillman into the halves to drop Prince is just stupid I can just imagine how disjointed our attack would look.

This theory that came about that Prince is such a good half that you only need a ball runner in the 6 may have worked a few years ago but with the way defences are these days you need two guys who can pass and put plays on.

BackpackingTitan
24-05-11, 07:12 PM
Also you need more than one kicking option. Teams know that Prince is going to kick it would take a very bad coach not to pick this and put into their game plan.

GoldCoastTitans100
24-05-11, 07:52 PM
Prince doesn't look as good as he usually would because he is getting absolutely no help from his 1, 6 and 9. Putting Capewell and Zillman into the halves to drop Prince is just stupid I can just imagine how disjointed our attack would look.

This theory that came about that Prince is such a good half that you only need a ball runner in the 6 may have worked a few years ago but with the way defences are these days you need two guys who can pass and put plays on.

I disagree when you say Prince has not been getting any support, right now the teams attack is disjointed, getting rid of Prince for not performing can't be any worse then playing him.

Also you need more than one kicking option. Teams know that Prince is going to kick it would take a very bad coach not to pick this and put into their game plan.

Prince kicks to the fullback or wing 9 out of 10 times, you don't need to work anything out about his kicking game.

Coaster
24-05-11, 08:43 PM
Podcast is up

http://www.titanslegion.com/LegionTalk/Titans11-12.mp3

TitansFan2020
24-05-11, 08:57 PM
no offence but people thinking that prince(the captain) is going to get dropped you got to get your brains checked he is our leader. Our halfback of the year playmaker who is having an offseason in his career and such a bad hooker doesnt help his case.
i agree we need another kicker in the 6 as prince is usually targeted which is why it looks so bad when they tackle after he kicks, because its predictable sezer has a kicking game and will most likely be given the first shot at 5/8 next year so move zilman back to fullback as heshould get practice for next season. PRESTON WE LOVE YOU BUT PLEASE RETIRE DO NOT BE REMEMBERED FOR BEING THE NEXT STACEY JONES. Then our team shall look better. P.s look for Masada or lewis brown to be in the mix for hooker next year as searle has said, "we are looking for a hooker and a utility". well masada hooker, Brown utility fits in place if you ask me.

doc
24-05-11, 09:33 PM
i think prince needs to start putting some grubbers or chip kicks into his game at the moment the other team knows what type of kick prince will kick before he has the ball

Steelers
24-05-11, 09:58 PM
Disappointed to see Tomane dropped. Thought he deserved more than just 1 game. Imagine if Vatuvei was dropped and never seen again after that shocker against Parramatta a few years ago?

titansrawesome
24-05-11, 10:16 PM
well looks like we arent gonna get any further this year with questionable selections like brown at hooker ffs and tomane dropped after one game from people who are quickly intolerant of his lone performance

patskE
24-05-11, 10:47 PM
thompson still in doubt btw, tomane on standby
also talk to prince 6, campbell 7. tbh we need campbell in the halves to help our attack, 6 or 7, dnt matter

Chaos
24-05-11, 11:05 PM

Steelers makes a good point...the Sunny Coast were very lazy around the ruck...but jeez the 19 showed some pace...was that Lawton?

Nick
24-05-11, 11:16 PM
Yeh 19 was lawton (he was named on the extended bench for the titans then played for tweed). I didnt get to the game, but from the highlights he looked pretty good.. but then sunny coast have been pathetic so far this year.

AmericanTitan
25-05-11, 01:04 AM
why would anyone suggest Prince should be dropped? He is the captain and an excellent player. He hasn't had the year anyone had hoped but he should not be dropped.

The attack has been disjointed, we all can agree on that. If Carty thinks putting Presto in at 7 will help that then by all means let's try it. It can't get much worse so anything is worth a shot.

teke
25-05-11, 02:04 AM
I disagree when you say Prince has not been getting any support, right now the teams attack is disjointed, getting rid of Prince for not performing can't be any worse then playing him.

Prince kicks to the fullback or wing 9 out of 10 times, you don't need to work anything out about his kicking game.You have some major Prince issues :surprise:

Noway should he be dropped.

His kicking game last week was quite good, most of his long kicks hit the ground and ran, his bombs were good but weren't competed for by his team.

teke
25-05-11, 02:07 AM
well looks like we arent gonna get any further this year with questionable selections like brown at hooker ffs and tomane dropped after one game from people who are quickly intolerant of his lone performanceLast week was a must win this week is IT. Would you as coach really want Tomane defending like he did against one of the better attacking teams in the comp?

Steelers
25-05-11, 02:26 AM
Last week was a must win this week is IT. Would you as coach really want Tomane defending like he did against one of the better attacking teams in the comp?

I think the teams main problem is lack of points rather than their defence. The Titans are only averaging 15.9 points a game (which is only higher than the Roosters who are averaging 15.7) while they average 22.2 points scored against them a game (which is higher than 5 other teams). Take away the 40 points that Melbourne put on them in Rnd 2 and they are leaking an average 20.2 points a game, which isn't too bad. 10 teams are averaging 20 points or more scored against them a game at the moment.

I know stats aren't everything, but to me the bigger problem is the Titans inability to score points. Tomane is someone capable of scoring plenty of points.

DIEHARD
25-05-11, 06:15 AM
Hodgson Returns as Ryan Makes Move to the Front

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan has been named at prop while Michael Hodgson will return to the squad for Friday night?s NRL double header clash against the Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium.

Ryan?s shift comes as a result of injury to Aiden Tolman, who will miss the next three to five weeks due to a grade two medial ligament strain to his left knee, suffered in last Friday?s loss to the Raiders in Canberra.

Jake Foster will start in the number 12 jersey vacated by Ryan, while Hodgson will make his first appearance in first grade since the round seven win over South Sydney at ANZ Stadium off the interchange bench.

Friday?s clash against his former Club will be Hodgson?s 199th in the NRL.

The Bulldogs head for Brisbane on Thursday, and will once again hold a meet and greet signing session with Brisbane-based Members at Suncorp Stadium that evening.

The only other team change will see NSW hooker Michael Ennis return to the number nine jersey filled last week by NRL debutant Josh Reynolds, who slots back into the NSW Cup side for its clash against Cronulla at the Crest on Saturday after impressing in the loss to the Raiders.

Nathan Smith will play five eighth in the NSW Cup after Ben Roberts injured his knee in Saturday?s loss to Newtown, with the injury expected to sideline Roberts for up to six weeks.

And the injury news continues in the Toyota Cup, with the Bulldogs to field an entirely new halves combination following injuries to Aiden Sezer and TJ Taotua against the Raiders.

Sezer is likely to be out for the season after injuring the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee, with his place to be taken by Samisoni Langi, while Taotua will miss at least one week with a groin strain. His place will be taken by newcomer Jake FItzpatrick

The Bulldogs will play the Titans at the Crest on Saturday prior to the NSW Cup game.

Teams for this weekend?s round of matches are as follows:
NRL Team

1 BEN BARBA
2 STEVE TURNER
3 JOSH MORRIS
4 JAMAL IDRIS
5 BRYSON GOODWIN
6 KRIS KEATING
7 TRENT HODKINSON
8 ANDREW RYAN
9 MICHAEL ENNIS
10 SAM KASIANO
11 FRANK PRITCHARD
12 JAKE FOSTER
13 DAVID STAGG

INTERCHANGE
14 GREG EASTWOOD
16 COREY PAYNE
17 DENE HALATAU
19 MICHAEL HODGSON
COACH KEVIN MOORE

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au

DIEHARD
25-05-11, 06:22 AM
This game will be a great challenge for us. Hopefully Scott can put on the performance he put on at the start of last year's corresponding match when he put the Bulldogs to the sword until he suffering injury.

I don't know about moving Scott to 5/8th. But let's face it, Preston and Scott are both award winning halves. And as much as I support William at 5/8th he may only be strengthened by a move to fullback.

Most of these things, these left field suggestions never come about and just evapourate. But as a fan you can't help but be fascinated by the prospect of something radical.

I guess out of all our half combinations ever, I always saw Scott and Preston as the 6 and 7. I'd have Campbell at 6 though.

BackpackingTitan
25-05-11, 06:50 AM
Sad news hearing about Sezers knee. Hopefully he can get it back up to full strength by next season.

DIEHARD
25-05-11, 07:10 AM
Sad news hearing about Sezers knee. Hopefully he can get it back up to full strength by next season.

It's heartbreaking news to hear this happen to any player, let alone our future Titan with so much potential. Best of luck Aiden. Hail Sezer!

DIEHARD
25-05-11, 08:28 AM
Laffranchi out for another fortnight

HE put on a brave face but there was no hiding the fact Anthony Laffranchi was hurting last night after specialists confirmed he faced a further fortnight on the sidelines.

The Gold Coast Titans workhorse was set to make his return from a six-week spell against Canterbury on Friday but went down late in Monday's training session.

"He wasn't too pleased about it," Titans assistant coach Steve Murphy said. "It was very unfortunate. He was training really well and looked good."

Having progressed through the warm-up and training drills unscathed, Laffranchi was dusting off the cobwebs in an contact session before aggravating an ankle.

While there was limited swelling, the 30-year-old was clearly in discomfort and quick to put on his all too familiar moon boot.

Doctors yesterday confirmed the Murwillumbah product tore the scar tissue around his recovering ligaments.

"It's a real pain, mate," Laffranchi said.

"Everything was going along nicely then bam, I get caught, twist in a bad direction and we're back to the doctors.

"It's been a frustrating year injury-wise. I've never experienced anything like it.

"I now know what guys go through with back-to-back injuries. It seems to have been my go this year."

Diagnosed with a high ankle sprain and damaged ligaments following the Titans' round 5 loss to North Queensland, Laffranchi was told he would be out for eight weeks. His reputation for speedy recovery times came to the fore again though, and until Monday he was ready to return two weeks early.

Now he's looking at a round 13 return against Penrith at Skilled Park, all things going well.

"I could open up a shop called Boof's Braces, I've had that many shoulder, wrist and ankle braces," Laffranchi said.

"It doesn't even faze my boy now if I'm in a bandage.

"While they're not long-term injuries, they're ongoing nigglies, especially this ankle one now which is almost two months.

"I spoke to Carty (coach John Cartwright) and we just want to get it right. If that takes full eight weeks, so be it."

With backrowers Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird on State of Origin duty, Laffranchi's experience would have been welcomed in a Titans side desperate to get their season back on track.

While those numbered one through 17 remain unchanged, Murphy yesterday named an extended six man-bench in Cartwright's absence, with Joseph Tomane and Ben Ridge on standby.

"We have named an extended bench to cover all bases," Murphy said. "It's a bit of concern but at the same time we have these young guys who we're keen to give a go to and are confident can fill the void."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

DIEHARD
25-05-11, 09:17 AM
Halves not to blame for Dogs' slide: Moore

Canterbury coach Kevin Moore says it is up to his senior players to offer more support to young halves Kris Keating and Trent Hodkinson following a dramatic slide in their attacking efficiency over the past three weeks.

Statistics obtained from NRL Stats show that the Bulldogs were the most lethal side in the competition over the opening seven rounds inside their opponents? ?red zone? but have dropped all the way down to 14th following consecutive losses to Brisbane, St George Illawarra and Canberra.

Moore said it was inevitable that halves of such limited experience would suffer from inconsistency but insisted it wasn?t fair to lay the blame wholly on his junior playmakers.

?Both Kris and Trent have been really good for us the entire year but Friday night was probably their worst performance of the year and they were both very disappointed after the game,? he said.

?They?re both good kids that work very hard at their game so we just need to sit down ? we?ve had a good look at where we went wrong and the things that we need to improve.

?I?ve got no doubt that they?ll bounce back this week but the rest of the team needs to help them, too. I don?t think we helped those young guys much last week with some of our options on the outside. We didn?t have a lot of bodies in motion and blokes went away from doing their roles, which makes it harder for the halves.?

The Bulldogs have averaged fewer run metres, line-breaks, try assists and tackle-breaks during the past three weeks than they had over the opening seven rounds, while their attacking efficiency has dropped by almost 75 per cent.

Incredibly, the Bulldogs averaged an NRL-best 17 touches for each try scored during their impressive start to the year but have taken a whopping 61.5 since Round 8 ? behind only Canberra and the Sydney Roosters.

But Moore contends the statistics are misleading.
?Certainly against Brisbane and St George ? they?re two of the best defensive sides in the competition,? he said. ?They defended well against us and not a lot of sides have scored points against them.

?Against Canberra we were far more disappointing but there were a number of factors there. We had a young guy in at dummy-half in Josh Reynolds and it was always going to be tough for him to come straight into the side without Mick Ennis there.

?Unfortunately his cohesion with Kris and Trent wasn?t quite where we?d like it to be just yet so overall we need to be better when attacking [the opposition] line.

?But that will come with experience ? and you can throw Ben Barba into that mix, too.

?He has been great for us but he has only played 10 games at NRL level at fullback so we don?t have a lot of experience there. The more they play together, the better they?ll get.?

Despite their recent woes, the Bulldogs still find themselves in eighth spot on the ladder and will welcome back State of Origin hooker Ennis, fitness permitting, for Friday night?s trip to the Gold Coast.

Moore pointed to upcoming games against the Titans and Manly as vital to the club?s finals hopes in 2011.

?Certainly, the next two weeks I see as critical for our season,? he said. ?It?s not do or die just yet but we?re in a position where if we win those two and then go into the bye, you?re feeling pretty comfortable with yourself.

?But we?ve got a lot of work to do to make sure that happens. There were certainly some positives to be taken from the past few weeks but in the end you?ve got to accumulate points to get to the back end of the season.

?All you can do is put your thoughts ahead to this week and we?ve got the Gold Coast on Friday night.

?We know we need to go up there and be very good to beat them.?

Source: http://www.nrl.com

doc
25-05-11, 11:22 AM
1. zillman
2. michaels
3. tonga
4. tomane
5. mead
6. campbell
7. prince
8. bailey
9. lawton
10. white
11. mini
12. thompson
13. ridge
14. james
15. taga
16. lawerence
17. srama

teke
25-05-11, 03:02 PM
I think the teams main problem is lack of points rather than their defence. The Titans are only averaging 15.9 points a game (which is only higher than the Roosters who are averaging 15.7) while they average 22.2 points scored against them a game (which is higher than 5 other teams). Take away the 40 points that Melbourne put on them in Rnd 2 and they are leaking an average 20.2 points a game, which isn't too bad. 10 teams are averaging 20 points or more scored against them a game at the moment.

I know stats aren't everything, but to me the bigger problem is the Titans inability to score points. Tomane is someone capable of scoring plenty of points.I agree with the attack however it really isnt the time to hope someone improves out of sight.

Rage
25-05-11, 04:52 PM
Our poor attack is also compounded by the number of meters our forwards are making and the possession we've had in some games

Rage
25-05-11, 05:00 PM
NRL.com Wed, May 25, 2011 - 4:00 PM

Bulldogs v Titans
Suncorp Stadium
Friday 8.45pm

The second match of what should be an awesome double header at Suncorp Stadium is crucial to both sides as they try to negotiate the Origin period.

The ?home? side Bulldogs have slipped to eighth on the NRL ladder after losses to Brisbane, the Dragons and Raiders in successive weeks, while the Titans? struggles remain, seeing them languish in 14th spot.

John Cartwright can hear the clock ticking ? he knows time is running out for the Gold Coast to make their move back up the ladder. They are two wins short of the Bulldogs and have a negative differential, something they need to rectify, and fast.

They are coming off the bye week and back-to-back losses prior to the rest.

Titans Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison will be hoping to back up from Origin, while the Bulldogs will be sweating on Michael Ennis? fitness.

Bodene Thompson comes in at centre for Joseph Tomane in the only change from their heartbreaking loss to Manly in Round 10.

The Bulldogs will be missing the injured Aiden Tolman at prop but have responded by moving captain Andrew Ryan up front.

With Ennis due back at hooker, Josh Reynolds returns to the New South Wales Cup competition, while Sam Kasiano is slated to start at prop, with Greg Eastwood moving back to the bench.

Jake Foster is the new starting second-rower, with Michael Hodgson joining the reserves list.

Watch Out Bulldogs: The Titans might not be the most efficient attacking side in 2011 but they do prefer heading left, which has been a real weak spot for the Bulldogs.

Despite his attacking prowess (see below) Jamal Idris still has plenty to learn in defence. Teams attacking to the left come straight at the Bulldogs? right-side defence, where Idris resides. The fact opposition teams have scored 19 tries on the left against the ?Dogs compared to 10 on the right is probably the biggest reason why Idris was handed the No.18 jersey for the Blues and left to watch from the sidelines, rather than making the starting line-up. The dreadlocks-wearing giant has missed 21 tackles so far, or just over two a game.

The Titans have scored 12 tries on the left side, nine on the right so chances are they?ll keep hitting their strength, and the Bulldogs? weakness.

Danger Sign: The Titans hit the short side left more than any other team in the NRL and if they continue this trend it could certainly upset the ?Dogs defensively. Watch for Scott Prince to shape right but switch back down the short left corridor, really trying to work over Idris and co.

Watch Out Titans: He isn?t in the Gold Coast jersey yet but this game represents the first time Bulldogs centre Idris will play against the club he will join from next year. Fresh off New South Wales 18th man duties, Idris will be out to prove just how damaging he can be. So far this season he has averaged 79 metres, has three line-breaks, two line-break assists, three try assists and four tries. He also has 54 tackle-breaks (fifth most in NRL) and 15 offloads.

Idris has played the Titans three times in the past and managed three line-breaks, two tries and 21 tackle-breaks. He also averages 110 metres in those three games, his second best yield against any opponent.

Danger Sign: Idris will be lurking on the right side looking for early ball. He is just as dangerous hitting a flat line and powering through defenders as he is getting a nice outball at depth, allowing him to get up a full head of steam. The Titans need to get up in his face quickly and get physical with the big centre ? before he gets physical with them. They have already leaked 11 tries this year to right-fringe attack. Plus, their centres pairing of Bodene Thompson and Esi Tonga have missed 45 tackles between them, making the region in from touch a real worry on both sides of the field.

Plays To Watch: Scott Prince grubbers for edge forwards and a flying William Zillman; Michael Ennis scheming around rucks trying to catch out Titan props; Frank Pritchard?s offloads; Preston Campbell injecting himself at second receiver.

Where It Will Be Won: Field position. The side which gains abundant, good position will get the competition points, as both sides boast halves who are skilled to take advantage.

Earlier in the year the Bulldogs were able to overcome a severe deficiency in metres gained compared to opponents and still win ? but in recent weeks their lack of go-forward and inability to stop other teams rolling forward has hurt them.

The Bulldogs average 1288 metres running a game ? well in the bottom half of teams ? while the Titans are pumping out 1336 metres each week. The big difference comes defensively where the Titans concede just 1275 metres while the Bulldogs are letting teams dominate on their way to 1434 metres. The side that gives themselves more chances is going to be in great position to take full advantage.

Scott Prince is at his best when taking on the line from close range. The same can be said for the ?Dogs, who have some strike backs who are hard to stop from close range and offloading forwards like Frank Pritchard who can create enough space to make a half-break and result in points.

The History: Played 6; Bulldogs 3, Titans 3. These sides met here in similar circumstances last season, with the Titans getting home in a one-point thriller 25-24. The win means the Titans have won three of the past four against the Bulldogs. The average winning margin in the past four games is just four points. The two sides have met at Suncorp Stadium twice, sharing the victories, although the Titans don?t necessarily love the short trip north ? they have won just two of nine matches played at the venue against all opponents.

Conclusion: It is always hard to tip games before knowing which Origin players will be returning to the fold. For instance, the Bulldogs without Ennis are a much weaker proposition. And the Titans without half their back row would also struggle.

That said, even if everyone comes through it is still a really tough one to pick, as both units are experiencing a slide. The Titans will probably have more crowd support but the Bulldogs should still have the slight edge.

Match Officials: Referees ? Ashley Klein & Tony De Las Heras; Touch Judges ? Ricky MacFarlane & Adam Reid; Video Ref ? Russell Smith.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 8.45pm; Fox Sports ? Delayed 1am.

* Statistics: NRL Stats.

Rage
25-05-11, 05:00 PM
NRL.com Wed, May 25, 2011 - 4:00 PM

Bulldogs v Titans
Suncorp Stadium
Friday 8.45pm

The second match of what should be an awesome double header at Suncorp Stadium is crucial to both sides as they try to negotiate the Origin period.

The ?home? side Bulldogs have slipped to eighth on the NRL ladder after losses to Brisbane, the Dragons and Raiders in successive weeks, while the Titans? struggles remain, seeing them languish in 14th spot.

John Cartwright can hear the clock ticking ? he knows time is running out for the Gold Coast to make their move back up the ladder. They are two wins short of the Bulldogs and have a negative differential, something they need to rectify, and fast.

They are coming off the bye week and back-to-back losses prior to the rest.

Titans Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison will be hoping to back up from Origin, while the Bulldogs will be sweating on Michael Ennis? fitness.

Bodene Thompson comes in at centre for Joseph Tomane in the only change from their heartbreaking loss to Manly in Round 10.

The Bulldogs will be missing the injured Aiden Tolman at prop but have responded by moving captain Andrew Ryan up front.

With Ennis due back at hooker, Josh Reynolds returns to the New South Wales Cup competition, while Sam Kasiano is slated to start at prop, with Greg Eastwood moving back to the bench.

Jake Foster is the new starting second-rower, with Michael Hodgson joining the reserves list.

Watch Out Bulldogs: The Titans might not be the most efficient attacking side in 2011 but they do prefer heading left, which has been a real weak spot for the Bulldogs.

Despite his attacking prowess (see below) Jamal Idris still has plenty to learn in defence. Teams attacking to the left come straight at the Bulldogs? right-side defence, where Idris resides. The fact opposition teams have scored 19 tries on the left against the ?Dogs compared to 10 on the right is probably the biggest reason why Idris was handed the No.18 jersey for the Blues and left to watch from the sidelines, rather than making the starting line-up. The dreadlocks-wearing giant has missed 21 tackles so far, or just over two a game.

The Titans have scored 12 tries on the left side, nine on the right so chances are they?ll keep hitting their strength, and the Bulldogs? weakness.

Danger Sign: The Titans hit the short side left more than any other team in the NRL and if they continue this trend it could certainly upset the ?Dogs defensively. Watch for Scott Prince to shape right but switch back down the short left corridor, really trying to work over Idris and co.

Watch Out Titans: He isn?t in the Gold Coast jersey yet but this game represents the first time Bulldogs centre Idris will play against the club he will join from next year. Fresh off New South Wales 18th man duties, Idris will be out to prove just how damaging he can be. So far this season he has averaged 79 metres, has three line-breaks, two line-break assists, three try assists and four tries. He also has 54 tackle-breaks (fifth most in NRL) and 15 offloads.

Idris has played the Titans three times in the past and managed three line-breaks, two tries and 21 tackle-breaks. He also averages 110 metres in those three games, his second best yield against any opponent.

Danger Sign: Idris will be lurking on the right side looking for early ball. He is just as dangerous hitting a flat line and powering through defenders as he is getting a nice outball at depth, allowing him to get up a full head of steam. The Titans need to get up in his face quickly and get physical with the big centre ? before he gets physical with them. They have already leaked 11 tries this year to right-fringe attack. Plus, their centres pairing of Bodene Thompson and Esi Tonga have missed 45 tackles between them, making the region in from touch a real worry on both sides of the field.

Plays To Watch: Scott Prince grubbers for edge forwards and a flying William Zillman; Michael Ennis scheming around rucks trying to catch out Titan props; Frank Pritchard?s offloads; Preston Campbell injecting himself at second receiver.

Where It Will Be Won: Field position. The side which gains abundant, good position will get the competition points, as both sides boast halves who are skilled to take advantage.

Earlier in the year the Bulldogs were able to overcome a severe deficiency in metres gained compared to opponents and still win ? but in recent weeks their lack of go-forward and inability to stop other teams rolling forward has hurt them.

The Bulldogs average 1288 metres running a game ? well in the bottom half of teams ? while the Titans are pumping out 1336 metres each week. The big difference comes defensively where the Titans concede just 1275 metres while the Bulldogs are letting teams dominate on their way to 1434 metres. The side that gives themselves more chances is going to be in great position to take full advantage.

Scott Prince is at his best when taking on the line from close range. The same can be said for the ?Dogs, who have some strike backs who are hard to stop from close range and offloading forwards like Frank Pritchard who can create enough space to make a half-break and result in points.

The History: Played 6; Bulldogs 3, Titans 3. These sides met here in similar circumstances last season, with the Titans getting home in a one-point thriller 25-24. The win means the Titans have won three of the past four against the Bulldogs. The average winning margin in the past four games is just four points. The two sides have met at Suncorp Stadium twice, sharing the victories, although the Titans don?t necessarily love the short trip north ? they have won just two of nine matches played at the venue against all opponents.

Conclusion: It is always hard to tip games before knowing which Origin players will be returning to the fold. For instance, the Bulldogs without Ennis are a much weaker proposition. And the Titans without half their back row would also struggle.

That said, even if everyone comes through it is still a really tough one to pick, as both units are experiencing a slide. The Titans will probably have more crowd support but the Bulldogs should still have the slight edge.

Match Officials: Referees ? Ashley Klein & Tony De Las Heras; Touch Judges ? Ricky MacFarlane & Adam Reid; Video Ref ? Russell Smith.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 8.45pm; Fox Sports ? Delayed 1am.

* Statistics: NRL Stats.

Rage
25-05-11, 05:01 PM
Wow I knew our record at suncorp was bad but is it really THAT bad?!
I hate to be pessimistic but does anyone have a record of how many wins we've had coming off byes? I'm pretty sure that record isn't too great either

DIEHARD
26-05-11, 08:12 AM
Michael Ennis may get suspended for stepping on Cronk's calf with his boot. We can only hope.

DIEHARD
26-05-11, 08:14 AM
Wow I knew our record at suncorp was bad but is it really THAT bad?!
I hate to be pessimistic but does anyone have a record of how many wins we've had coming off byes? I'm pretty sure that record isn't too great either

It's shocking isn't it. We have a real issue here, we can't keep losing at the temple of rugby league. This is where we play half our derbies with the Broncos, our regional Finals matchs and the Double Header.

Winning Premierships is going to be complicated if we can't win at Lang Park.

So let's turn it around tomorrow night against the Bulldogs.

AmericanTitan
26-05-11, 08:41 AM
Michael Ennis may get suspended for stepping on Cronk's calf with his boot. We can only hope.

I really do dislike that man and the way he plays the game. Ennis is worse than Robbie Farah.:fight:

Titan Dad
26-05-11, 09:10 AM
I really do dislike that man and the way he plays the game. Ennis is worse than Robbie Farah.:fight:

I don't like him either, however he sure is one hell of a competitor, and is one of the best at getting you off your game. If he were at the Titans he would have a cult following and all would be good. However he isn't at the Titans so it is good to dislike him:rolf:

AmericanTitan
26-05-11, 09:12 AM
If he were at the Titans he would have a cult following and all would be good.

you mean like Greg Bird?

DIEHARD
26-05-11, 09:55 AM
Michael Ennis? No way. :fist:

DIEHARD
26-05-11, 10:09 AM
Prince and Presto key to success

SCOTT Prince and Preston Campbell have long added a little magic to the Gold Coast Titans attack.

They have scored 641 points between them in their 183 appearances for the blue and gold, and conjured up many winning plays.

Now assistant coach Steve Murphy believes the halves could be the double act needed for the Titans' struggling road show.

Despite a continued run of poor form and mounting speculation of a reshuffle, the Titans will field a virtually unchanged line-up for the fifth straight game tomorrow night.

Leaving William Zillman at five-eighth, head coach John Cartwright opted to keep Prince as halfback and Campbell at fullback for the stoush with Canterbury at Suncorp Stadium.

But his right-hand man, Murphy, admitted the option of having both magicians take centre stage together appealed to him.

Particularly as the Gold Coasters enter their Round 12 road trip in increasing need of a vanishing act out of the bottom three.

"I'd like to see how it eventuates down the track," Murphy said. "Maybe it might play out this week, we'll see what happens.

"They have swapped about the last few weeks anyway and have done most of their careers together. When one gets a little tired the other gets a bit closer."

The Titans have struggled to find a replacement five-eighth since Mat Rogers' retirement last season.

South Sydney recruit Luke Capewell failed to fire when given first crack and NSW enforcer Greg Bird was found to be better suited to the boiler room.

Zillman has manned the post admirably since Round 5 but has been found wanting in the playmaker role. But having suffered their seventh loss against Manly last start it was understood Cartwright was poised to move Campbell to seven, Prince to six and Zillman back to one.

While people will argue not reshuffling is good for cohesion, the reality is the 17 as they currently stand have failed to produce results.

Although Cartwright opted against trialling another option this week Murphy said one may be rolled out in the coming rounds.

"There's not much difference these days between six and seven anyway," Murphy said.

"Princey often plays at six during ball work. He plays two passes wide of the ruck and he plays first receiver. Whether Carty sees it as a viable option or not I'm sure he'll let people know in due course."

AmericanTitan
26-05-11, 10:15 AM
I read that neither Bird nor Harro were in training today and are in major doubt to back up for the match Friday.

Also read Srama will debut this week.

Source: GC Bulletin's Luke Turgeon's twitter

Boofhead
26-05-11, 10:19 AM
I read that neither Bird nor Harro were in training today and are in major doubt to back up for the match Friday.

Also read Srama will debut this week.

Source: GC Bulletin's Luke Turgeon's twitter

They both played 80 minutes of Origin, of course they won't be training! From body language after the game I thought they pulled up ok - guess we will see.

Be good to see Srama on the bench.

AmericanTitan
26-05-11, 10:21 AM
yeah I agree Boofhead. When I read it I was thinking "duh!" The guys played their hearts out last night, clearly they need and deserve time off

TITAN PETE
26-05-11, 01:05 PM
They both played 80 minutes of Origin, of course they won't be training! From body language after the game I thought they pulled up ok - guess we will see.

Be good to see Srama on the bench.

I'd prefer to see him start the match , drop Brown & Chalky can fill in when required :thumbsup:

Tamwelg
26-05-11, 01:17 PM
I'd prefer to see him start the match , drop Brown & Chalky can fill in when required :thumbsup:

I agree. I cant wait to see how Srama goes.

AmericanTitan
26-05-11, 02:00 PM
looks like Michael Ennis was cleared.

http://www.nrl.com/ennis-cleared-of-stomping-in-origin/tabid/10874/newsid/62989/default.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis has been cleared of stomping on Queensland player Cooper Cronk in the first half of Wednesday night's State of Origin clash.

Video footage of an incident late in the first half shows Ennis stepping on Cronk's leg after the Queensland utility had tackled NSW forward Trent Merrin.

While match review committee chairman Greg McCallum said there was no doubt Ennis had "deliberately" put his foot on Cronk's leg, there was absolutely no evidence to support claims he had stomped on him.

"If it was stomping, we'd be talking about the possibility of a heavy suspension," McCallum told AAP shortly after reviewing the 36th-minute incident.

McCallum, a former top flight referee, said Ennis had put his foot on Cronk's lower leg and lost his balance, making the incident look worse than it probably was.

"Cronk didn't react, there was no sign of any injury and he got to his feet and went back into the next play.

"It was one of those incidents. It was a niggling incident by Ennis, designed to try and get some reaction."

McCallum said Ennis's action warranted a penalty but had gone unnoticed on the field.

The game ended on a sour note with players from both sides pushing and shoving each other.

The decision means Ennis is free to play for the Bulldogs against the Titans in the second game of Friday night's NRL double header at Suncorp Stadium.

Boofhead
26-05-11, 02:37 PM
Luke_Turgeon
How's this for a broken nose! No wonder u got a couple black eyes @AshHarro #gctitans yfrog.com/h8n52ygvj
5 minutes ago

Yikes!

Shift Thompson to pack and bring Tomane to centres if Harro is out?

DIEHARD
26-05-11, 03:43 PM
Poor Ash he puts his body on the line and every Origin he pays for it. I was hoping this would be an exception.

DIEHARD
26-05-11, 03:46 PM
Origin Duo Given Til Last Minute To Prove Fitness
Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will give State of Origin duo Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird until tomorrow to prove themselves fit for Friday night’s double-header against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

The duo both pulled up with ‘general soreness’ out of last night’s Origin match and Coach John Cartwright said he would reassess their fitness on game-day before making a final decision.

“They’re not injured but it’s just soreness,’’ said Cartwright.

“It’s a tough game to play when you’re fully healthy. They both played 80 minutes in Origin so you’d have to say they’re in doubt but we’ll give them until tomorrow and see how they pull up.

“You get a general read on them with their body language so I’ll talk to them tomorrow.

“We trained together during the week without them so whoever plays will be prepared

http://www.titans.com.au/

Titan_Blue
26-05-11, 04:08 PM
Any idea who would drop out for Srama?

Hopefully Brown, but Carty will probably play Srama off the bench.

Rage
26-05-11, 04:59 PM
Jeez poor Harrison lol, I'm a Blue's supporter but admire the effort he puts in for the Maroons.

Interesting to see Srama named. I really hope he goes well and can play out the rest of this season as our hooker/sharing it with Lawton.

Rage
27-05-11, 01:11 AM
By Laine Clark and Samuel McKeith AAP Thu, May 26, 2011 - 7:28 PM

Doubts over State of Origin duo Ash Harrison and Greg Bird have not stopped Gold Coast teammate Scott Prince seeing the funny side of Friday night's crunch NRL clash with Canterbury.

Prince would be forgiven for being a worried man ahead of their showdown - game two of a Suncorp Stadium doubleheader.

There are concerns over Queensland lock Harrison (shoulder), while NSW forward Bird is battling to back up following Wednesday night's Origin I.

It's the last thing the battling Titans need after learning Blues' hooker Michael Ennis will bolster the Bulldogs.

But towering Canterbury centre Jamal Idris looms as the biggest headache for Prince - literally.

Prince expects to be left black and blue by Idris, as the dreadlocked strike weapon vies for an Origin II NSW jersey.

And he couldn't wipe the smile off his face over the prospect.

"I have no doubt he will be lining me up - I just have to hold onto his locks and enjoy the ride," Prince laughed.

But the Titans' plight is no laughing matter for Prince.

After the Titans (14th; 3-7 record) lost two straight before their last-round bye, coach John Cartwright is doing some major tinkering.

Prince is expected to switch from halfback to pivot, regular five-eighth Will Zillman to fullback and Preston Campbell to swap the No.1 jersey for No.7.

"We talked a bit (with Cartwright) about what was best for the team but only time will tell (if the switch works)," Prince said.

"It gives us another attacking point, we spread the kicking game a bit and Zilly can still have a ball-playing role."

In another surprise, young hooker Matt Srama is on standby as an injury cloud hovers over Harrison and Bird.

"You would have to say they (Origin duo) are in doubt, but we will see how they pull up tomorrow," Cartwright said.

The Titans will need all the help they can get against what looms as an Idris-inspired Bulldogs.

It will mark the first time Idris lines up against the Titans since announcing he will link with the Gold Coast on a lucrative deal from 2012.

"Jamal gets a chance tomorrow night to show what he can do and, if he can perform like he has in the early stages of the year, there's no reason why he won't throw his hat in the (Origin) ring," Bulldogs' coach Kevin Moore said.

But Ennis' injection might prove the difference as Canterbury (8th; 5-5) try to snap a three-game losing run.

"Having Mick back is a real bonus for us," Moore said.

"I think our halves last week got a little bit lost without Mick there, and I expect our attack to be a lot better.

"There's been a lot of positives over the last few weeks, even though we've come up with those losses.

"It was only two weeks ago that we really tested the premiers (St George Illawarra)."

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 04:12 AM
Ash's nose looked pretty awful. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he couldn't play this week.

Hopefully we get at least one of the two back for the match especially with the Dogs getting Ennis back.

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 05:00 AM
There are plenty of tickets left for the Double Header and kick off of our game is 8:45pm, so if you can, please come and join us.

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 05:06 AM
Titans' Srama head on with Ennis

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2011/05/26/THROWN-IN-THE-DEEP-END.jpg
Matt Srama is likely to go head-to-head with NSW hardman Michael Ennis tonight. Pic: Jay Nel-McIntosh

THE Titans will pitchfork talented Toyota Cup prospect Matt Srama into a head-on battle with NSW rake Michael Ennis in their crunch showdown against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

With the Titans expected to make a decision on the availability of State of Origin toilers Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison today, coach John Cartwright has called on Srama as the Titans look to snap their disappointing start to the season.

While Cartwright was reluctant to confirm Srama's selection yesterday, the 20-year-old trained strongly at dummy-half as Riley Brown, who was named to start in the No.9, watched much of the session from the sideline.

Brown's ability to step into the back row could see him retain a seat on the bench together with emerging forward Ben Ridge if Cartwright decides to rest Harrison and Bird.

Despite the major test awaiting Srama, both Cartwright and captain Scott Prince tipped last season's Titans' under-20 player of the year to handle the situation.

After recently signing a three-year deal keeping him at the Titans until the end of 2014, Srama is considered by many as the logical choice to replace departing star Nathan Friend.

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 05:09 AM
PRINCE: We need to have fun with it
Scott Prince

I REMEMBER my first rugby league jumper.

"Grab a jersey," Mr (Wayne) Bloomfield, the Townies under-7s coach, barked at us just minutes before my first game of rugby league.

I was five. It was a chilly Saturday morning in Mt Isa 26 years ago, but I was shaking more from excitement than the cold.

I raced over to the pile of neatly folded maroon and white jerseys and, by chance, pulled out No.7.

I immediately put it on. It was way too big -- sleeves were too long and it came down to my knees. But to me it was perfect.

I tucked it in my shorts and Mum rolled up the sleeves.

All my Christmases had just arrived. I was a rugby league player.

Tonight against the Bulldogs -- a lifetime later -- I will again slip on the No.7. This time it will fit a little better -- no need to roll up the sleeves.

After 26 years in this great game there are plenty of things I am proud of, but to me, one of the most significant is that I am still as eager to run out and play as that five-year-old all those years ago.

There are plenty of reasons why players can become jaded and lose the love that first caused them to want to keep playing rugby league but fortunately that has never happen to me.

I was thinking about that first No.7 this week when speculation arose that tonight against the Dogs I may be wearing '7' but playing more of a traditional '6' role, with Preston Campbell subbing in at half.

All I can say is that situation is not new. On occasions in the past Presto and I have done just that.

If Carty makes that call then I will be happy to oblige. In fact I will be rapt.

Playing with Presto alongside me is like jumping into a time machine and travelling back to Mt Isa and Townies. If ever there is a bloke who plays rugby league purely for the love of the game it is Presto.

So when we pair up it is like we are a couple of kids down the park throwing a footy about without a care in the world.

His excitement and enthusiasm is contagious. And after all these years I am starting to read his game.

Presto plays from the heart, so although he knows the plays and comfortably slips into the team structure, he also plays what is in front of him and has the brilliance to pull it off.

I am now starting to recognise the little glint in his eye when something special is about to happen and I now have half an idea of what that might be and where this will-o'-the-wisp might end up.

It makes for exciting and, more often than not, a winning play. But most of all it is fun.

Because Presto and I have played the halves card it will not be a major change if Carty makes the switch tonight.
Sometimes a little tweak here or there is all that is needed to change an ordinary season -- such as the one we are having -- to a winning one.

Despite our poor start, the effort is there. The hard work is there. The desire is there.

Maybe we just have to have a bit more fun, just like when we were kids.

So it won't matter what number jersey I have on my back, or what role I will play, the bottom line is that unless you are enjoying what you are doing, then you probably shouldn't be doing it.

And that original No.7 jersey? I still have it. My girls Taliah and Kahlen now wear it.

Every now and again I will see one of them out the front yard with it on, running and laughing.

Just having fun.

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 05:15 AM
Canterbury Bulldogs v Gold Coast Titans
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Friday 8.45pm (AEST)

Last meeting: Round 15 2010 - Titans 25 bt Bulldogs 24 at Suncorp Stadium
Referees: Ashley Klein, Tony De Las Heras
TV: Delay Channel 9 (from 9.30pm)
TAB Sportsbet: Bulldogs $1.48 Titans $2.65
FootyTab: Titans +5.5

Greg Prichard writes: The Bulldogs have lost three in a row, but the bookmakers have them as favourites here because the Titans have struggled this season. The Bulldogs have been competitive in all three of those losses - against the Broncos, Dragons and Raiders - but need to improve on the standard of attack they have been dishing up. Against the Raiders, they struggled to come up with good options and despite the Raiders turning the ball over in their own half a lot the Bulldogs couldn't take advantage and lost 20-12.

The Titans looked like an old team on paper going into this season and that is how they have played, winning just three of their 10 games. Their most recent win was in round eight, 24-13 against the Roosters. Since then they have lost heavily to the Warriors and narrowly to the Sea Eagles. The club's management has gone out and bought up big on younger players for next season, and there is a huge doubt about whether the Titans can resurrect this season. They've still got some gamebreaking players, but most aren't playing at their best.

BULLDOGS: Ben Barba, Steve Turner, Josh Morris, Jamal Idris, Bryson Goodwin, Kris Keating, Trent Hodkinson, Andrew Ryan (capt), Michael Ennis, Sam Kasiano, Frank Pritchard, Jake Foster, David Stagg. Interchange: Greg Eastwood, Corey Payne, Dene Halatau, Michael Hodgson.

TITANS: Preston Campbell, Steve Michaels, Esi Tonga, Bodene Thompson, David Mead, William Zillman, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Riley Brown, Michael Henderson, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Matt White, Ryan James, Sam Tagataese, Luke O'Dwyer.

http://www.smh.com.au/

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 05:18 AM
Titans future on show

http://www.sportal.com.au/site/_content/leadimage/00068018-image.jpg

Gold Coast Titans fans are likely to get a glimpse into their club's long-term future with highly-rated young rake Matt Srama set for his NRL debut in Friday night's match against the Bulldogs.

Srama's debut was all but confirmed at training on Thursday morning when he was swamped with congratulations from teammates after coach John Cartwright addressed the playing group towards the end of their session.

In another sign that the 20-year-old is odds-on to pop his first-grade cherry, current hooker Riley Brown was pulled aside by Cartwright and then left the training paddock early.

Srama is seen as a carbon copy of injured first-choice rake Nathan Friend - who is off to the New Zealand Warriors at season's end - and a likely long-term fixture in the No.9 jersey.

But Cartwright was still coy on Srama's selection chances, saying the final decision will be made after assessing the fitness of his bruised and battered Origin stars.

"We're going to give Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison up until tomorrow. Both are back-rowers and Riley can play a bit of back row so we're just training Matty in that position in case they're out," Cartwright said.

"We've just got to wait and see. We wouldn't put (Srama) there if he wasn't (ready)."

Cartwright said that Bird and Harrison were both sore after Wednesday night's opening match of the State of Origin series.

"They both played 80 minutes the other night so you'd have you say they're in doubt but we'll see how they pull up," he said.

"I'll talk to them tomorrow. You can get a general read on them with their body language. We've trained without them all week so we'll be prepared."

The Titans could slip to 15th on the NRL table if they lose Friday's match against the Dogs - the second leg of a double-header at Suncorp Stadium.

With a 3-7 win-loss record and having dropped three of their past five matches, Cartwright admitted their season is starting to rapidly slip away from them.

"It's getting that way but you can't put any extra pressure on the players. They read the papers, they know where we're sitting on the table and they feel it," he said.

"The fact that we're approaching the halfway mark of the season means we generally re-assess where we are and it's not where we wanted to be, so we've got to change a few things up."

"I'm happy with the effort and attitude of the players and I'm confident that we'll turn it around."

http://www.sportal.com.au/

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 05:35 AM
Bulldogs at front and centre for big Jamal, the Titan-in-waiting

Fans won't know whether to laugh or cry if the human tank fires up tonight, writes Chris Barrett.

Forget the novelty factor of Jamal Idris facing off against the Gold Coast, where he will spend at least the next five years after this one. The Canterbury centre is simply relishing a return to Suncorp Stadium as a combatant rather than a helpless bystander. Such is the pain of being 18th man in a NSW Origin outfit when events at the Cauldron go down to the wire.

''I don't know how to explain it, it's just the hardest feeling,'' Idris told the Herald last night in Brisbane, where the Bulldogs will play the Titans in the second game of the NRL double-header tonight. ''The bond that we accumulated over the past few months was tremendous. It was just the hardest feeling knowing that you can't go out and help them in any way. You just have to sit there and watch.''

Idris was positioned on the Blues bench on Wednesday night, throwing himself into a motivating role for his NSW colleagues as they fought their way back into the first clash of the series. The tension became almost unbearable as the Blues took a 12-10 lead, then just as quickly surrendered it seven minutes from full-time.

Advertisement: Story continues below ''I was sitting right next to the players as they were getting interchanged,'' Idris said. ''I was sitting there trying to rev them up as much as I could on the sideline. Telling them 'you're going well' and 'boys, just run your lines'. Giving them any bit of support I could give them.''

From his front-row seat, Idris saw a performance for which the NSW players could be proud, in many ways similar to Canterbury's gutsy display in a 15-10 defeat to premiers St George Illawarra a fortnight ago when they did not concede a point in the second half.

Like the Blues, the Bulldogs had gained the ascendancy in the closing stages at ANZ Stadium after fighting back from a deficit, only to be ultimately thwarted. They walked away, as Ricky Stuart's team did on Wednesday night, with a sense of contentment about where they are headed.

''I don't know if we're the only ones to do it but we kept St George scoreless in the second half,'' Idris said. ''Our defence matched theirs ? it did the whole game. They scored a couple of tries in the first half, we scored a couple in the second half. I think that shows a lot for our team.''

It does indeed but the scoreboard and the NRL premiership table do not lie. The latter indicates that Canterbury could drop out of the top eight with defeat to the struggling Titans tonight.

Idris is keen to avoid that happening but not for the reasons some might expect. He anticipates plenty of attention as he prepares to square off against his future team for the first time since since signing a five-year contract last month, but he insists he is looking at tonight's match as any other.

''There's obviously going to be a lot of talk about it and a lot of people will make different scenarios out of it,'' he said. ''But at the end of the day, I'm running out there with the blue and white on and that's all it comes down to. I'm going to bust my guts for the boys and there's nothing more to it.''

The largely positive NSW showing, not to mention Stuart's stated mantra of sticking by his squad, would appear to make Idris's task of a call-up in this series all the more difficult, despite making his Test debut three weeks ago.

He says he does not see tonight's game and the club outings that follow as auditions for Blues selection in Origins II and III. ''I play football for my family, for the people around me and that's as much motivation as you need to perform,'' Idris said. ''Sticky knows what he's doing. He's one of the smartest brains in [the game]. Everything he does, you've just got to back him with it. Other things are always there ? but I go out there looking to play the best I can for my family and my mates on the field.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 10:38 AM
Tonga has point to prove against Idris

DEPARTING Titans centre Esi Tonga will come face to face with the man poised to take his place next season when the Gold Coast collide with the Bulldogs at Skilled Park tonight.

The highly-anticipated clash between Tonga and Bulldogs giant Jamal Idris threatens to explode, with both players sure to have a point to prove.

Idris is on the warpath after missing NSW Origin selection for the series opener and will be determined to impress the Gold Coast hierarchy after recently signing a five-year deal to join the Titans from next season.

For Tonga, there will surely be the motivation to show the Titans exactly what they have passed up by letting him go.

Tonga last week signed a two-year deal with the Parramatta Eels after realising there was no future for him on the Gold Coast.

"I sat down and spoke to the coaching staff to see if I was in their plans but they told me they were looking at some centres," Tonga said.

"They ended up getting their centres and I am looking forward to a future with another club.

"I just want to finish this year well. I don't care who is in front of me, I just want to go out there and do my job for the team."

Tonga yesterday hosed down talk of a grudge match with Idris, saying he had no hard feelings towards his opposite number tonight.

"He has played for Australia and Origin, so I know it is going to be a big challenge for me," Tonga said.

"But there is no grudge at all, he is just another player in front of me and that is the way I am looking at it."

Idris, on the other hand, has warned the Titans he is determined to produce a powerhouse performance against his future club to show the rugby league world why he should be part of the Blues revolution.

The hulking Bulldog believes the Suncorp Stadium clash is the perfect opportunity to stake his claims should NSW coach Ricky Stuart need fresh troops for Origin 2 at ANZ Stadium on June 15.

"I want to go out and show the whole NRL crowd, the whole NRL fans, all of them in the NRL what we can do," he said.

"Personally for me I want to go out there and show everyone."

Idris made his State of Origin debut last year but lost out to Michael Jennings and Mark Gasnier for the 2011 series opener.

Just last month the 20-year-old accepted a $2 million five-year deal to join the Titans.

The marquee signing represents a large part of the club's future and rugby league's push on the Gold Coast and south-east Queensland but he's adamant there'll be no favours in what is a Bulldogs home game tonight.

"People say (they're my) new club ... it's a new club next year, not this year," Idris said.

"I'm still playing for the Dogs so I'm willing to bleed for them. They're my team for the season."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 10:43 AM
Pressure building on Titans

HE wouldn't label his team's situation 'desperate' but skipper Scott Prince admits the Titans will face a race against time for the NRL premiership if they succumb to the Bulldogs tonight.

Languishing near the bottom of the ladder, the Titans have landed just three wins approaching the mid-way mark of the season.

According to Prince, while the Titans' situation is not yet dire, they are beginning to feel the heat and the pressure will continue to mount if they are handed their eighth loss of the year.

"I wouldn't say that (things were dire) as yet," Prince said.

"But I would say that the big girl is in the green room warming her throat up.

"It's getting to the stage where it's almost, I wouldn't say desperate, but it's on the verge of that."

With the Titans to make a final decision on State of Origin combatants Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison this morning, their availability could be crucial for a side desperate for the points.

Gearing for a critical three match period before Origin 2 in Sydney on June 15, every point will be precious for the Titans, who host the Panthers next weekend before a horror trek to OKI Jubillee Stadium to face premiers St George Illawarra.

But Prince said the feeling in the camp remained positive despite a roller-coaster opening to the year, made tougher by three very tight losses.

"(Our) effort is there, we're in games and it shows in the scoreline where we are getting beaten by six or less and that hurts when you are getting so close," Prince said.

"I thought our effort (against the Sea Eagles) defensively was really good and we turned up and showed commitment in defence but it was just a couple of little errors, fundamental errors, that rub salt into the wound.

"But we understand that and that's why we're working hard at training."

Titans coach John Cartwright was a little more cautious when asked about the situation facing the club.

"It's getting that way (where the season is slipping away) but you don't want to put any extra pressure on the players," he said.

"They feel it, they read the papers and they know where we are sitting on the table.

"The fact that we're approaching the half way mark of the season, we generally re-assess where we are and it's not where we want to be, so we have to change a few things up.

"But I'm happy with the effort, the attitude of the players and I'm confident we can turn it around."

Surfers6
27-05-11, 10:46 AM
Anyone heard what side we will run out with?

Harrison or Bird playing?

Tomane In?

Srama starting?

Zillman starting at fullback?

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 10:50 AM

Tomane In?

Srama starting?

We will have to wait to see how Greg and Ash pull up.

I have no idea about Prince and Preston and William at #1.

Stand by.

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 10:52 AM
Beautiful day here in Brisbane. Clear skies.

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 10:55 AM
YESSS browns gone and srama in, i wouldnt mind zilly back at FB and campbell and prince halves either should that happen

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 11:02 AM
I hope our players get the opportunity of a good and proper warm up this time. Last year Prince didn't get to warm up and hurt himself kicking a goal.

Nick
27-05-11, 11:15 AM
Great day up here in Brissy, it will be a chilly night though. Cant wait for the games tonight.. and as a bonus i have the day off work!
I hope Srama does get a shot tonight, he has been the only shining star in the 20s side. I hope tomane gets another shot if harrison or bird dont back up.
Overall im just pumped to watch some footy!

DIEHARD
27-05-11, 11:17 AM
Idris to set Dogs off leash

The Titans are bracing for an Idris-inspired Bulldogs, as their Origin stars back-up.

The battling Gold Coast Titans are bracing for a Jamal Idris-inspired Bulldogs as they sweat on Origin duo Ash Harrison and Greg Bird.

Prince would be forgiven for being a worried man ahead of their showdown - game two of a Suncorp Stadium doubleheader.

There are concerns over Queensland lock Harrison (shoulder), while NSW forward Bird is battling to back up following Wednesday night's Origin I.

It's the last thing the battling Titans need after learning Blues' hooker Michael Ennis will bolster the Bulldogs.

But towering Canterbury centre Jamal Idris looms as the biggest headache for Prince - literally.

Prince expects to be left black and blue by Idris, as the dreadlocked strike weapon vies for an Origin II NSW jersey.

And he couldn't wipe the smile off his face over the prospect.

'I have no doubt he will be lining me up - I just have to hold onto his locks and enjoy the ride,' Prince laughed.

But the Titans' plight is no laughing matter for Prince.

After the Titans (14th; 3-7 record) lost two straight before their last-round bye, coach John Cartwright is doing some major tinkering.

Prince is expected to switch from halfback to pivot, regular five-eighth Will Zillman to fullback and Preston Campbell to swap the No.1 jersey for No.7.

'We talked a bit (with Cartwright) about what was best for the team but only time will tell (if the switch works),' Prince said.

'It gives us another attacking point, we spread the kicking game a bit and Zilly can still have a ball-playing role.'

In another surprise, young hooker Matt Srama is on standby as an injury cloud hovers over Harrison and Bird.

'You would have to say they (Origin duo) are in doubt, but we will see how they pull up tomorrow,' Cartwright said.

The Titans will need all the help they can get against what looms as an Idris-inspired Bulldogs.

It will mark the first time Idris lines up against the Titans since announcing he will link with the Gold Coast on a lucrative deal from 2012.

'Jamal gets a chance tomorrow night to show what he can do and, if he can perform like he has in the early stages of the year, there's no reason why he won't throw his hat in the (Origin) ring,' Bulldogs' coach Kevin Moore said.

But Ennis' injection might prove the difference as Canterbury (8th; 5-5) try to snap a three-game losing run.

'Having Mick back is a real bonus for us,' Moore said.

'I think our halves last week got a little bit lost without Mick there, and I expect our attack to be a lot better.

'There's been a lot of positives over the last few weeks, even though we've come up with those losses.

'It was only two weeks ago that we really tested the premiers (St George Illawarra).'

http://bigpondnews.com

Dopamine
27-05-11, 11:41 AM
Can't wait to se the actual side the titans are going to field... it will be good to see if Srama gets a run and Hoping for a win tonite... (Hopefully a BIG one)

Go the Sheds!

Boofhead
27-05-11, 11:50 AM
Late Mail: Back-rowers Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird are in doubt. John Cartwright has mentioned pushing Riley Brown into the second row as cover, with young gun Matt Srama to get some time at hooker. Srama, Joseph Tomane and Ben Ridge have been added to an extended bench.

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

6. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
18. Tomane
5. Mead
7. Prince
1. Campbell
8. Bailey
20. Srama
10. Henderson
4. Thompson
12. Minichiello
17. O'Dwyer

14. White
15. James
16. Tagataese
9. Brown

Wouldn't be shocked to see something like this run out tonight.

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 12:54 PM
that looks nearly spot on to me Boofhead if neither Bird nor Harro come back into the lineup.

Surfers6
27-05-11, 01:37 PM
6. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
18. Tomane
5. Mead
7. Prince
1. Campbell
8. Bailey
20. Srama
10. Henderson
4. Thompson
12. Minichiello
17. O'Dwyer

14. White
15. James
16. Tagataese
9. Brown

Wouldn't be shocked to see something like this run out tonight.

Except i think Ridge will start at lock, Odwyer to the bench and Brown on the sideline.

Titan Dad
27-05-11, 01:38 PM

Tomane In?

Srama starting?

SRAMA will definately start. They will target him early, and then decide to try other ptions as he will not let us down. This kid is a tackling machine whom will give us good service and another element to the style we play.:wave:

Titan Dad
27-05-11, 01:41 PM
Not sure if I can bring myself to going up to this one, had enough long fail train rides home.

Edit: Saying that... we did win this fixture last year!

Make the trip up BOOF, we are going to get our SH:"T together tonight and give the dogs a touchup. A few SCHOONERS will liven the train ride up for you.:drinkies:

Boofhead
27-05-11, 01:49 PM
Make the trip up BOOF, we are going to get our SH:"T together tonight and give the dogs a touchup. A few SCHOONERS will liven the train ride up for you.:drinkies:

Way ahead of you mate, got the tickets and accommodation booked - will drive up so I can celebrate the win or drink to my sorrows.

:drinkies:

timor 2
27-05-11, 02:48 PM
Hi guys off to get the step daughter and then off to the game .

Boofhead
27-05-11, 04:46 PM
@Birdman_013
Theyre pretty accurate RT @NRLGURU give us a heads up on the likelihood of u and Harro playing? Reports are suggesting both in serious doubt
4 hours ago

Pretty good indication... Be good if Birdie could play off the bench.

gotitans101
27-05-11, 05:11 PM
I would just like to say a big GOOD LUCK to Srama, enjoy the experience mate.

To the rest of the boys - lets continue to derail the Bulldogs season tonight.

thelwall
27-05-11, 06:18 PM
apparently , dunno how accurate but harro is deffs not playing and bird has till kick off

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 07:34 PM
good morning to you all (or evening in your case).

Titans twitter says Bird to the bench with Luke O'Dwyer to start. Ridge in for Ash Harrison and Matt Srama to debut in place of Brown.

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 09:05 PM
could this start any worse?

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 09:29 PM
the Bulldogs are so lucky.

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 09:38 PM
ffs prince cant tackle and henderson cant do anything

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 09:42 PM
ffs again why so damn awful, carty mate train your team better in attack in defense we have nothing this year

CairnsTitan
27-05-11, 09:44 PM
58% possession and we are down by 14

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 09:48 PM
58% possession and we are down by 14

carty needs to hire a coach who knows how to attack, and a defense coach wouldnt be too bad either, it would be ok if we werent doing well this year if we were exciting and giving it a go but no we arent

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 09:53 PM
First half thoughts:

-We were over the line 4 times and got zero points out of it, tough to win that way
-Srama good in defense, still finding his feet in attack.
-Halves play mediocre at best so far

No where to go but up from here boys. Gotta do better in the second half.

dee13
27-05-11, 09:54 PM
I cringed when Matt Srama was named in the team. Within 7 minutes he has 2 missed tackles. The first was when he missed Frank Pritchard and he scored the first try. The second, he missed Ben Braba which created the line break and Pritchards 2nd try.

He isn't big enough to be an NRL player.

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 09:57 PM
First half thoughts:

-We were over the line 4 times and got zero points out of it, tough to win that way
-Srama good in defense, still finding his feet in attack.
-Halves play mediocre at best so far

No where to go but up from here boys. Gotta do better in the second half.

i have been saying for a while how crap we have been and i mean from round 1 last year and people werent buying it, but god damn i was unfortunately right i know exactly what is wrong and i wonder what the titans are being taught at training? i mean shouldnt prince be able to tackle after all these years? shouldt we be able to construct some decent attacking plays to get tries even if it means copying off raiders and tigers and storm and broncos tape? i just dont understand

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 10:01 PM
playing 15 on 17 is tough too.

Someone has to step up and be the leader on the field and direct this thing!

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 10:08 PM
titans losing 20-0

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 10:25 PM
7 tries disallowed for the Titans with 20 minutes left. SEVEN!

Boonarga
27-05-11, 10:39 PM
What's with the ref telling our players to keep their arms down when the Dogs are taking a penalty shot? They can dance a friggin jig if they like!!
What ever happened to refs who know the basic rules of the game?

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 10:39 PM
26-0 doggies

bigjim
27-05-11, 10:41 PM
Can someone please explain what that penalty was for. Full back gets hammered and granted it was a knock on. But why do Manly get a penalty to go 14-0 in front?:boo: :boo:

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 10:42 PM
thank you Luke Bailey for never quitting on this game! You are a WARRIOR AND CHAMPION!

Srama nice work too!

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 10:43 PM
I cringed when Matt Srama was named in the team. Within 7 minutes he has 2 missed tackles. The first was when he missed Frank Pritchard and he scored the first try. The second, he missed Ben Braba which created the line break and Pritchards 2nd try.

you're way off boss, in my opinion anyway.

For a first game at the top level Matt Srama has played exceptionally well.

amaline
27-05-11, 10:47 PM
Can someone please explain what that penalty was for. Full back gets hammered and granted it was a knock on. But why do Manly get a penalty to go 14-0 in front?:boo: :boo:

Titan's player picked it up from an offside position.

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 10:48 PM
Bulldogs win 28-6

gotitans101
27-05-11, 11:05 PM
Yeah, been watching the delayed telecast up until now (53rd minute), decided to check the score.

Not surprised really. Was really saddened to see Srama's piss poor effort on the first two tackles that led to the first two Dogs tries but since then he's been pretty damn good if you ask me, he provides the flair we need in our attack, something that Brown completely lacks. Prince imo still can't tackle for sh!t.

Mini was great tonight, Tonga proved once again why he should never have been let go, Mead was terrible and I thought Taga did OK.

^^Those thoughts after 53 minutes though..still got the delayed telecast on, even if it's hard to watch knowing we get rolled in the end.

CairnsTitan
27-05-11, 11:10 PM
see you guys next year

bigjim
27-05-11, 11:17 PM
What do we have to do to get a break????
We are the better team yet we get thrashed. You have to wonder.

bigjim
27-05-11, 11:18 PM
Bulldogs win 28-6

What a prick you might be. Trying to watch and enjoy the game and you can't help yourself.

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 11:20 PM
What a prick you might be. Trying to watch and enjoy the game and you can't help yourself.

you're kidding right? You come to the Titans forums and expect the game not to be talked about?

Sorry pal.

thelwall
27-05-11, 11:24 PM
8 times we went over the try line without scoring , jesus bloody christ how frustrating

bigjim
27-05-11, 11:30 PM
you're kidding right? You come to the Titans forums and expect the game not to be talked about?

Sorry pal.

Yeh I do expect the game to be talked about but the television telecast hasn't even finished so up yours pal.:fight:

AmericanTitan
27-05-11, 11:35 PM
Yeh I do expect the game to be talked about but the television telecast hasn't even finished so up yours pal.:fight:

NRL.com, the Titans facebook page, and the Titans twitter page all were live updating the game and have recaps up right now, regardless of the TV broadcast.

I'd suggest if you know the game is delayed and you want to enjoy it without knowing results or happenings that you not visit places where those would be

Sorry if I disappointed you with the updates, no disrespect intended.

Tamwelg
27-05-11, 11:39 PM

Early call. He was brilliant. Best on field for both teams. On top of that Ridge had his best game in first grade so far.

Completion rate wins games

20 errors not good enough.

Tamwelg
27-05-11, 11:41 PM

Easy solution with a delayed telecast if you don't want to know the result, don't come on here until after the telecast has ended.

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 11:45 PM
i feel sorry for most of you guys because you only mainly watch nrl but i have mma to watch instead especially in times like this, this season is pretty much over it can be said, 8 losses in 11 games means we are looking forward to next year.

gotitans101
27-05-11, 11:50 PM
No need for the above insult either dude. ;)

I just hope Carty sticks with Srama for this year, we've got nothing to lose anymore as we won't make the finals. Let this be the time for the young blokes to learn and get prepared for next year.

bigjim
27-05-11, 11:52 PM
Easy solution with a delayed telecast if you don't want to know the result, don't come on here until after the telecast has ended.
Good call pal. You call yourself a moderator. Telecast hasn't even finished yet it's okay to broadcast the score.

Titan_Blue
27-05-11, 11:52 PM

You can't be serious...

If you don't want to know the result of a game, don't go online to a place discussing the game.

Tamwelg
27-05-11, 11:53 PM
No need for the above insult either dude. ;)

I'm on top of it mate, they are gone. Back on topic talking about the game without the insults, you have been warned. Expect some time on the sidelines if it continues.

TitansFan2020
27-05-11, 11:54 PM
Early call. He was brilliant. Best on field for both teams. On top of that Ridge had his bed game in first grade so far.

tell that to the tigers:laugh:

Dear titansareawsome
you do not know how to coachyou are not better than anyone on this forum and for saying see you next year you are disloyal fan im glad your gone for the year and i hope onwards

dee13
27-05-11, 11:55 PM
And now its time for comedy relief

My team for next week.

1 Nick Parfitt (Burleigh)
2 Nathaniel Barnes (Tweed)
3 James Woods (Tweed)
4 Dom Peyroux (Tweed)
5 Joe Vickery (Burleigh)
6 Matt King (Tweed)
7 Brad Davis (Tweed)
8 Brenton Lawrence (Burleigh)
9 Kayne Lawton (Tweed)
10 Brock Hunter (Tweed)
11 Trevor Exton (Ipswich)
12 Mat Pow (Burleigh)
13 Blake Morrison (Burleigh)
14 Liam McDonald (Burleigh)
15 Kingi Akauola Tweed)
16 Ian Lacey (Ipswich)
17 Jacob King (Ipswich)

Hey we got nothing to loose!!!

matti
27-05-11, 11:57 PM
srama is the next friend , his tackles were great, video ref is ghey , only had 1 button to press all night. I have to stay off facebook and this so i dont get the score , so mate do what i do.... Being honest it sux when we always loose , but im still going to the games , support my team! the titans are a big part of my life

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 11:57 PM

Dear titansareawsome
you do not know how to coachyou are not better than anyone on this forum and for saying see you next year you are disloyal fan im glad your gone for the year and i hope onwards

how do you know i cant coach? you dont and you are a sad person for attacking me out of the blue. sorry tamwelg for the earlier posts mate

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 11:58 PM

Dear titansareawsome

oh and i didnt say see you next year that was another member

titansrawesome
27-05-11, 11:59 PM

My team for next week.

3 James Woods (Tweed)
4 Dom Peyroux (Tweed)
5 Joe Vickery (Burleigh)
6 Matt King (Tweed)
7 Brad Davis (Tweed)
9 Kayne Lawton (Tweed)
10 Brock Hunter (Tweed)
12 Mat Pow (Burleigh)
15 Kingi Akauola Tweed)
16 Ian Lacey (Ipswich)
17 Jacob King (Ipswich)

haha i would rep you if this was different style of forum

matti
28-05-11, 12:00 AM
The Lonely Turtle please prove me wrong that your the dux of your so called school please lol ... and quite your whinging everyone, this happends every week

gotitans101
28-05-11, 12:01 AM

My team for next week.

3 James Woods (Tweed)
4 Dom Peyroux (Tweed)
5 Joe Vickery (Burleigh)
6 Matt King (Tweed)
7 Brad Davis (Tweed)
9 Kayne Lawton (Tweed)
10 Brock Hunter (Tweed)
12 Mat Pow (Burleigh)
15 Kingi Akauola Tweed)
16 Ian Lacey (Ipswich)
17 Jacob King (Ipswich)

/sarcasm post no doubt directed at me.

I guess you are one of the minority who thought Srama wasn't good at all tonight.What would you suggest instead? Bring in Lawton? Bring back Brown for the rest of the year? I really am curious? Friendy won't be back for a fair while yet.

Boonarga
28-05-11, 12:02 AM
Could people please learn the difference between LOSE and LOOSE? It looks like we will be typing it a lot this year.

Let's hope Carty can find a way to turn this lot around and get them playing like a team.

bigjim
28-05-11, 12:08 AM
NRL.com, the Titans facebook page, and the Titans twitter page all were live updating the game and have recaps up right now, regardless of the TV broadcast.

I'd suggest if you know the game is delayed and you want to enjoy it without knowing results or happenings that you not visit places where those would be

Sorry if I disappointed you with the updates, no disrespect intended.

Sorry for the outburst. Just a bit angry at the game. Didn't really know it was a delayed telecast so I apologize for having a go at you. Your a Titan fan regardless of the fact you might be a Yank.:wave:

amaline
28-05-11, 12:19 AM
Early call. He was brilliant. Best on field for both teams. On top of that Ridge had his best game in first grade so far.

For a young guy to play hooker for 80 minutes in his debut, I thought he was impressive.

teke
28-05-11, 12:44 AM
What's going on fellas :p

Argh the mighty Titans :doh:

Tis indeed going to be a long season. Good debut by Srama :salute:

Steelers
28-05-11, 01:09 AM
The fact that Carty pulled the trigger and brought in Brown means that he is willing to change and is as desperate as everyone here to see the Titans win a game. While a top 8 spot isn't completely out of reach, it is safe to say that this year will be more about preparing for next year than anything else. Srama is the future, stick with him Carty. And if you can, unsign Champion and tell Esi to tear up his Eels contract :)

teke
28-05-11, 02:39 AM
Geez the Titans are having a funny year :doh:

They didnt play all that bad at all...noway does the score reflect the way the game went.

Super_Matt
28-05-11, 05:31 AM
Match fixing? Just saying.... Bulldogs were involved....

You don't have all those calls go against you. Benefit of the Bulldogs seemed to be in play last night - Mini, Srama, Henderson, Bird all denied. That's 16 points just in that.

Srama was a machine, if Cartwright names him next week - he'll be straight into my dream team. He made over 100m, great runs and speed out of dummy half, and no fear either.

Minichiello - i wanted a big game and i got it. So stoked, love that guy. He benefited from a couple of (unfortunate) injuries, and played 80 top minutes. Couple of harsh penalties, and one bad drop with a few minutes left, but aside from that, great game, best running forward on the park.

Man, can't get over that reffing though

Mushi
28-05-11, 06:52 AM
OMG I love my titans so much but in all honesty - that is the first game I have never watched the entire match!!! Through frustration at the fact that the team is SO much better than that! We are a good team but last night NOTHING went our way! The dogs were made to look the better team through silly errors from us, dodgy calls, the vid ref had his finger on the red button - I think some bulldogs player had it glued there before the game. Yes some crucial injuries to players so our attack was somewhat stalled but all in all we looked like a team that just didn't flow in any way - defence, attack - nothing! How Carty is not in hospital with high blood pressure right now I do not know!!!!!! But in saying all that ........ I'll be right there next week screaming out for the boys with encouragement and spurring them onto a win against the panthers - surely something has to click and go right soon!!!!

On a good note - I thought Srama played well. yes a few errors there early on but for his debut - a great effort.
Birdy - courageous effort after a big game in origin Wed night.
Ridge - great game - def one of his best efforts
Mini - such a great effort and def one of our best last night.

Oh and my other two cents worth - I LOVE the double header idea - but seriously - does it have to be on a friday night??? I know its for the tv rights but that was on so late. What was the crowd anyone know? It didn't look to be too big last night.

dee13
28-05-11, 07:25 AM
/sarcasm post no doubt directed at me.

Totally wrong fool. That post comes from 12 weeks of poor performance from the boys. Appology please.

/
I guess you are one of the minority who thought Srama wasn't good at all tonight.What would you suggest instead? Bring in Lawton? Bring back Brown for the rest of the year? I really am curious? Friendy won't be back for a fair while yet.

I posted that call on Matt in the 10th minute of the televised coverage. Overall he did have a good game but I would hate to see him targeted in defence by opposition ball carriers because of his size.

dee13
28-05-11, 07:27 AM
P.S. I posted it as a light hearted joke after reading what I thought was a pathetic display by some of our members in this thread.

Supergoose
28-05-11, 07:28 AM
Was at the game, row 1 right where Jamal ironed out Bird,'what a great hit. The Bulldogs were woeful tonight but crossed the line 5 times for five tries. We crossed it 8 times for 1 try. I haven't seen it on replay but can't work out how Hodkinson managed to stay on the field after he lined up and hit Michaels directly in the head. He will be suspended I think, so the Bulldogs next opponent will get the benefit not us who lost a player for the night.

Supergoose
28-05-11, 07:39 AM
Loved the game by Srama last night. I agree that Mini was very good, James was good too. In fact we had a whole lot of good - just that final two inches when putting down the ball stopped us really hammering what was and embarrassing and inept performance by the Bulldogs. They really just pulled a weapon out of their hat here and there to beat us, overall except for the final two inches we smashed them. In fact the only players I thought were poor last night were Bodene and Mead. I was looking forward to seeing Thompson play but I was unimpressed last night and Mead had 3 or 4 lapses in concentration which is just not first grade standard.

Titan_Blue
28-05-11, 07:57 AM
Match fixing? Just saying.... Bulldogs were involved....

You don't have all those calls go against you. Benefit of the Bulldogs seemed to be in play last night - Mini, Srama, Henderson, Bird all denied. That's 16 points just in that.

Yeah that's a nice little conspiracy theory except that none of them were tries.

isaiah
28-05-11, 08:06 AM

srama is the clubs future.i've banged on about him all year. riley who?

karnage
28-05-11, 08:13 AM
There were two highlights last night:

1 - SRAMA: As good a debut as has ever been produced by a Gold Coast Titan. I hope they treat him with kid gloves for the rest of the season. Give him time in first grade but don't knock him around. Give him a week off here and there for the rest of 2011 so he is cherry ripe for the start of 2012.

2 - IDRIS NAILING BIRD: It amazed me how quickly I reverted to hating Bird in Wednesday's Origin Opener and I loved seeing Idris iron him out. The big Bulldog did nothing in atack last night, which is probably exactly what he will show for us if we don't improve our horrendous service from the inside, but he showed that he can put a hit on.

isaiah
28-05-11, 08:37 AM
Totally wrong fool. That post comes from 12 weeks of poor performance from the boys. Appology please.

I posted that call on Matt in the 10th minute of the televised coverage. Overall he did have a good game but I would hate to see him targeted in defence by opposition ball carriers because of his size.

he has a very good technique in defence, you will not see him miss many in the weeks to come, even on the giants runnng at him

TITAN PETE
28-05-11, 08:56 AM
Loved the debut of Srama & I knew he was never going to let us down he has been well coached & skilled by some ;)
Mini was very strong apart from a couple of dropped balls & Penaltys he was good, as was Ryan James again :fist:

The problem was again our halves were terrible....& the fact that we had 7 disallowed Tries of which 3 could have been given..:nope:

On the plus side u couldn't help but smile when Idriss nailed Bird & Tag & also the fact that Eastwood took himself out of the match with pocking himself in the eye :laugh:

We'll probably come home with a wet sail late in the season but it will be all too late.

Coaster
28-05-11, 09:09 AM
Srama was fantastic.

A shining light in a dark period.

TITAN PETE
28-05-11, 09:18 AM
Srama was fantastic.

A shining light in a dark period.

Watched a replay this morning & had a good laugh when Gus said I can't find a Bulldogs player "Worthy of Man of the Match" :laugh:

Coaster
28-05-11, 09:32 AM
Watched a replay this morning & had a good laugh when Gus said I can't find a Bulldogs player "Worthy of Man of the Match" :laugh:

Sums up our season really.
Not sure how you watched it again. Was painful enough watching it once.
First 8 min cost us the game

Ryan
28-05-11, 09:44 AM
i feel sorry for most of you guys because you only mainly watch nrl but i have mma to watch instead especially in times like this, this season is pretty much over it can be said, 8 losses in 11 games means we are looking forward to next year.
Hey - maybe you could grace an MMA forum with your presence and offer your coaching expertise to guys like George Sotiropoulos, Hector Lombard, Georges St.Pierre, Rashad Evans & Brock Lesnar. I'm sure they would appreciate your insight and ability just as much as Cartwright does :thumbsup:

Then when the Titans start putting some wins together (this season!), you could come back and 'support' a winning team and give yourself maximum credit for identifying all the teams problems and Cartwright doing everything you said to fix them :salute:

:wave:

shamus
28-05-11, 10:00 AM
Hey - maybe you could grace an MMA forum with your presence and offer your coaching expertise to guys like George Sotiropoulos, Hector Lombard, Georges St.Pierre, Rashad Evans & Brock Lesnar. I'm sure they would appreciate your insight and ability just as much as Cartwright does :thumbsup:

Then when the Titans start putting some wins together (this season!), you could come back and 'support' a winning team and give yourself maximum credit for identifying all the teams problems and Cartwright doing everything you said to fix them :salute:

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Him and a couple of others...

GoldCoastTitans100
28-05-11, 10:52 AM
Titans need to learn to defend !

Srama had a solid game

How long until Prince shows us his ability, im still waiting

Baily never gives up he is a legend.

I can see Riley Brown being picked again next week to solve the problems in defense and attack :doh:

Ryan
28-05-11, 11:12 AM
Titans need to learn to defend !

Srama had a solid game

How long until Prince shows us his ability, im still waiting

Baily never gives up he is a legend.

I can see Riley Brown being picked again next week to solve the problems in defense and attack :doh:

Your tirade against Prince is old :zzzz:

Did he bag your girlfriend or mother or something? :banana:

GoldCoastTitans100
28-05-11, 11:13 AM
And also, the video ref got all the decisions correct, you can say stuff like match fixing but in the end Bulldogs had a solid defense and we could not put the ball down.

GoldCoastTitans100
28-05-11, 11:15 AM
Your tirade against Prince is old :zzzz:

Im just asking how long until he plays at his best?

Rage
28-05-11, 11:33 AM
I thought Srama played great, even if you disregard the fact that it was his first grade debut. Offered some great service and speed off the ruck. Sure he made some missed tackles but they were among the first few he had to make in first grade.

But gee, don't think I've ever seen Carty that despondent during a game before

Tamwelg
28-05-11, 11:53 AM
And also, the video ref got all the decisions correct, you can say stuff like match fixing but in the end Bulldogs had a solid defense and we could not put the ball down.

I agree, we bombed all of those tries.

teke
28-05-11, 01:23 PM
Loved the game by Srama last night. I agree that Mini was very good, James was good too. In fact we had a whole lot of good - just that final two inches when putting down the ball stopped us really hammering what was and embarrassing and inept performance by the Bulldogs. They really just pulled a weapon out of their hat here and there to beat us, overall except for the final two inches we smashed them. In fact the only players I thought were poor last night were Bodene and Mead. I was looking forward to seeing Thompson play but I was unimpressed last night and Mead had 3 or 4 lapses in concentration which is just not first grade standard.Bodene was alright, the right side just never gets the ball. Cant do anything about Meads mistakes unless you are hinting at dropping him. He topped the metre-age again and showed the big boppers how to go forward.

Srama will be around a long time.

Silly score didnt represent the game at all.

Titanic
28-05-11, 01:27 PM
Yep, we shot ourselves in the both feet again... man, we are like a broken record with sand in the tracks (had a few of those).

Surely Riley Brown doesn't get the 9 gig now? We've got to move on and start building a new onfield structure. This season is "gorn" but that doesn't mean the work is over.

Public displays of despondency are not a coaches persona, just like public tirades or childish celebrations aren't either ... how about mature, calculated planning and public displays of problem solving?

I like Carty and his passion but I'm sick of listening to the snidely made comments by "experts" in the media of his emotional displays. He's our coach not some quaint novelty.

Ryan
28-05-11, 02:08 PM
Im just asking how long until he plays at his best?
Can't soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by ducks.
We have 'team' issues - not a halfback performance issue. Keep calling for his head though, I'm sure everyone is listening.....

titansrawesome
28-05-11, 02:18 PM

oh so you did look at my sig bravo you drunken hick, dont be jealous because you aren't as smart as me identifying problems and solutions in rugby and combat sports, you wanna get in an argument lads i have a private message system you can contact me on, until then have a nice day:laugh:

BackpackingTitan
28-05-11, 02:18 PM
Yeh Srama had those 2 missed tackles early on but was very good in defence for the rest of the game. He provides alot of speed around the ruck with his service and ball running. I'd like to see them stick with him in the first grade side until Friend comes back. Good to see he can play the full 80 and you can tell that he has a lot of potential in him. Played a great game for a debut.

Overall the Titans are really confusing me this year. The teams they are playing aren't winning the games the Titans are just losing them. I think Prince played alright again. If Preston had grounded the grubber and Prince had got the ball down in the in goal he would have scored one and set one up by halftime and the Titans would have been in the game.

Other then the errors our forwards are dominating. I don't think were getting alot out of our fullback and five-eighth positions. I mean Preston hasn't been making much of an impact. Zillman has made a few breaks and scored a few tries but other then that he has done nothing all season. I'm not a fan of him at 5/8. He'll score a try or two in some games but other then that you just don't see him.

They have been making the same mistakes and errors all year. Maybe some positional changes is whats needed to snap this team out of it. You could bring in Shannon or move Mead to fullback. Maybe move Mead to centre and Tomane onto that wing. You could give Rankin a run in the 6. Right no I would have no dramas dropping Zillman or Preston to give someone else a run.

GoldCoastTitans100
28-05-11, 02:19 PM
Can't soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by ducks.
We have 'team' issues - not a halfback performance issue.

I agree we have team issues, but Prince needs to start taking control.

Ryan
28-05-11, 02:44 PM
oh so you did look at my sig bravo you drunken hick, dont be jealous because you aren't as smart as me identifying problems and solutions in rugby and combat sports, you wanna get in an argument lads i have a private message system you can contact me on, until then have a nice day:laugh:
You are the forum joke. It's more entertaining to keep these sorts of posts public ;)

titansrawesome
28-05-11, 02:46 PM
You are the forum joke. It's more entertaining to keep these sorts of posts public ;)

whatever you say redneck:laugh:

CairnsTitan
28-05-11, 02:50 PM
hopefully hodgkinson (spelling?) gets a few weeks for that weak shot he put of Michaels

isaiah
28-05-11, 03:29 PM
Loved the debut of Srama & I knew he was never going to let us down he has been well coached & skilled by some ;)
Mini was very strong apart from a couple of dropped balls & Penaltys he was good, as was Ryan James again :fist:

The problem was again our halves were terrible....& the fact that we had 7 disallowed Tries of which 3 could have been given..:nope:

On the plus side u couldn't help but smile when Idriss nailed Bird & Tag & also the fact that Eastwood took himself out of the match with pocking himself in the eye :laugh:

We'll probably come home with a wet sail late in the season but it will be all too late. srama has the advantage of paying half a season against men as a five eight 2 years ago for ipswich in q cup. was a fantastic grounding. i saw him earlier that saason playing sg ball against penrith at halfback. his tackling them was extraordinary

GoldCoastTitans100
28-05-11, 03:29 PM

I might not like Ryan but calling him names on a forum is just ridiculous, he deserves to have his opinion.

Sorry spelling mistake fixed now though

gotitans101
28-05-11, 03:30 PM

My team for next week.

3 James Woods (Tweed)
4 Dom Peyroux (Tweed)
5 Joe Vickery (Burleigh)
6 Matt King (Tweed)
7 Brad Davis (Tweed)
9 Kayne Lawton (Tweed)
10 Brock Hunter (Tweed)
12 Mat Pow (Burleigh)
15 Kingi Akauola Tweed)
16 Ian Lacey (Ipswich)
17 Jacob King (Ipswich)

It was mainly the comment in bold that I thought was directed at me. I made the comment last night that we had nothing to lose now so we may as well give a few of the young fellas (ie. Srama) a run..then you come back with that ^^ a few minutes later.

I apologise if it makes you feel any better but at least I didn't resort to name calling eh. :laugh:

Steelers
28-05-11, 03:40 PM
ridicules

Younger brother of Hercules.

Sorry, had to find a way to join in :laugh:

titansrawesome
28-05-11, 03:41 PM

Sorry, had to find a way to join in :laugh:

haha:laugh:

Titanic
28-05-11, 03:57 PM

Uncle of that hero with balls, Testes.

TITAN PETE
28-05-11, 04:59 PM

I do look forward to Ryans reply ;)

GCTitans11
28-05-11, 05:11 PM
Shannon Walker to play the next game I reckon. He is on fire and what do we got lose.

teke
28-05-11, 05:11 PM

Sorry, had to find a way to join in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

titansrawesome
28-05-11, 05:16 PM
I do look forward to Ryans reply ;)

as do i, im sure it'll be good

shamus
28-05-11, 05:44 PM
as do i, im sure it'll be good

Why would you PM me? You are one serious ******

Quote... "try it here instead of trolling threads son"... end of quote..

My don't we meet soon. Tomorrow OK. Name the place SON!

titansrawesome
28-05-11, 05:48 PM
Why would you PM me? You are one serious wanker!

Quote... "try it here instead of trolling threads son"... end of quote..

My don't we meet soon. Tomorrow OK. Name the place SON!

why cant we be friends son? no need for your trolling

shamus
28-05-11, 05:56 PM
why cant we be friends son? no need for your trolling

Not in this lifetime buddy..

...........sorry mods...next post will be back on topic.

P.S. The offer still stands

titansrawesome
28-05-11, 05:56 PM
Not in this lifetime buddy..

...........sorry mods...next post will be back on topic.

P.S. The offer still stands

what offer

teke
28-05-11, 06:25 PM
If only the Titans could win we would all be lovers :drinkies:

TitansFan2020
28-05-11, 06:38 PM
thats weird???? i thought this was the bulldogs vs titans forum, duhhh silly me :)

Toads
28-05-11, 08:31 PM
The scoreboard certainly didn't reflect the boys efforts last night. Infact it was one of better combined efforts we've seen for a few matches.

Yes it's true, that the video ref didn't make a bad call in relation to our tries last night. But what I do have a problem with, is how often the decision was deferred to him. When you see other tries in the past by other teams getting allowed or the benefit of the doubt, when some are clearly screwed. I'm of the opinion that the NRL Refs have it in for the Titans this year. Admittedly, the boys have made a few mistakes this year. But quite often, we've seen a ref pull up play and hand the oppostion a penalty for no apparent and/or justified reason.

I was at the game last night watching it all unfold (only missed Round 1 of our home games), and I found a new respect for some of the Doggie Fans. Towards the last 20 minutes, a few of them around us realised they weren't nessessarily the better team on the night. It did appear to them that the Titans couldn't turn a trick, and nothing was going our way. So that come to a surprise to me. So did the fact that quite few Doggy Fans were walking out of the Stadium, with some 15 minutes on the clock remaining. I guess they were satisfied that Bulldogs had it in the bag and/or they were off to celebrate up at Caxton street a little early.

All in all, it was one of the strangest matches I've ever witnessed. Which also left me feeling gutted. That's not to say the lads played poorly, completely the opposite. Hopefully after last night incredible bad fortune, the pendulum swings the other way for us for the remainder of the season.

Chin up Carty 'n Co. As youse know, it wasn't for lack of trying. :salute:

Coaster
28-05-11, 09:54 PM
To be honest I think we are trying a bit too hard.

Prince needs to step back a bit, direct traffic from behind play and control the speed of the game better.

Chaos
28-05-11, 10:04 PM
The most unlucky moment in the game against Bulldogs was not blowing the eight or nine tries...it was the fact Zillman got injured in the first game back in the fullback position.
Having Prince at second receiver also gave as a different dimension in attack.

I was looking forward to see how Preston went in the halves but unfortunately I think his years have caught up with him.
I hope he stays around the Titans once he finishes playing footy.

teke
28-05-11, 10:17 PM
The most unlucky moment in the game against Bulldogs was not blowing the eight or nine tries...it was the fact Zillman got injured in the first game back in the fullback position.
Having Prince at second receiver also gave as a different dimension in attack.

I was looking forward to see how Preston went in the halves but unfortunately I think his years have caught up with him.
I hope he stays around the Titans once he finishes playing footy.Prince at 2nd reciever was good, however it was only effective on the left because 1. Titans love attacking that side and 2. Bodene not being a natural centre doesnt give himself depth in attack to give a 5/8 options when they swing it that way.

DIEHARD
29-05-11, 10:05 AM
Sorry I only surfaced last night after the game. My iPhone typically died soon after the full time siren and then had to go to a suit fitting for my brother's wedding.

That was one of the weirdest, maybe the weirdest games of Rugby League I have ever seen. It was torture to see us continue to go over and not come over with points. At half time I was confident that if the opportunities continue we would start to score. As long as we were firing bullets I thought we would win.

I didn't count on our ridiculous bad luck to not just continue but to manifest.

I won't complain about most of the calls, but I'm gonna :doh: over not ceiling the deal.

The Bulldogs were typically grubs and the treatment they dished out to some of our players shouldn't be tolerted. But Ennis shouldn't have even been playing that game given his stomping of Cooper Cronks leg in Origin 1.

Just like last year it was a bloody battle, last year we lost players left right and centre and this year we lost two of our best with Steve Michaels and William Zillman. Which forced some rearrangements.

The score line certainly wasn't a thumping and goes to show that if a few things went our way we could have won. But it was unprecidented bad luck.

With ten to go I found myself hoping that we'd actually score at all. We have never been held to nil and I never want us to be. And sure enough we got a good one with minutes to spare.

Srama was stunning, what a debut. It is one of those rare pleasures for a fan to witness such a debut. It doesn't happen often. And he was tremendous. Great service, enthusiasm, defence and also has a kicking game. The Titans were right on the money with this youngster, he is the future. As someone else said, let's give him as much game time as possible.

While we lost and while the numbers are starting to work against us in our quest for the Finals. I did come always very happy about Srama. I also echo Coaster who said maybe we were trying too hard.

But I think on the night, we were the better team. I forgot to tape the game, so I'm waiting for a replay.

Looking forward to being back at home at Skilled Park, hopefully we can put the Panthers to sleep.

Rage
29-05-11, 11:49 AM
I think we can all agree while the result was horrible, it was great to see our future long term hooker start his Titans career in first grade.

Also, I'm interested in what everyone thinks of charge downs? Deliberate or not I hate charge downs cos it seems to always favour the opposition in most situations since they normally get another set. To me, pressure = good but charge down = not good

Chaos
29-05-11, 12:52 PM
I think we can all agree while the result was horrible, it was great to see our future long term hooker start his Titans career in first grade.

Also, I'm interested in what everyone thinks of charge downs? Deliberate or not I hate charge downs cos it seems to always favour the opposition in most situations since they normally get another set. To me, pressure = good but charge down = not good

Yeah...If I was coach I wouldn't allow my players to charge down a kick unless it's a field goal.

I don't like the rule of of the kicking team getting another set of six if the defender has turned his back on the kick.
I don't mind giving another set if he gets his hands on the ball while charging down...but pressuring the kicker and pulling out of the tackle doesn't deserve another set of six...lets force these play markers to run in the game and open it up.

Super_Matt
29-05-11, 06:43 PM
Benefit of the doubt didn't exist against the Dogs. Reckon a couple of those Video Ref calls should have been

Coaster
29-05-11, 07:20 PM
The most disappointing thing for me in the whole night was this.

Prince cops a high hit from Ennis (carried on like a tosser but thats Prince)
Cambell then gets a knee in the head from him also
Micheals gets knocked out
Zillman gets knocked out

Where was the pack?
Where is the aggression from the pack to say this sh*t wont be taken?
I would rather lose a player for 10 min to say we are going to stand our ground, then go through this next week, because we look soft!!

As soon as preston fired up, someone should have grabbed Ennis by his front mullet and beat him within one inch of his miserable life.

dean
29-05-11, 07:33 PM
Youv'e got to be kidding. Check out the replays and you will find:

Ennis shot on PRINCESS was off the shoulder and the ensuing academy award acting was a disgrace and unprofessional

The knee to campbells head was an absolute accident. Ennis had no chance of pulling out of that one.

Michaels knocks HIMSELF clean out. Should maybe change his running style if he wants to continue running like that then he will have a very short career.

Same for Zillman. Nothing illegal or wrong with the way he gets injured, just unlucky.

Thats Footy !!!

The most disappointing thing for me in the whole night was this.

Prince cops a high hit from Ennis (carried on like a tosser but thats Prince)
Cambell then gets a knee in the head from him also
Micheals gets knocked out
Zillman gets knocked out

Where was the pack?
Where is the aggression from the pack to say this sh*t wont be taken?
I would rather lose a player for 10 min to say we are going to stand our ground, then go through this next week, because we look soft!!

As soon as preston fired up, someone should have grabbed Ennis by his front mullet and beat him within one inch of his miserable life.

Coaster
29-05-11, 07:38 PM
Youv'e got to be kidding. Check out the replays and you will find:

Ennis shot on PRINCESS was off the shoulder and the ensuing academy award acting was a disgrace and unprofessional

The knee to campbells head was an absolute accident. Ennis had no chance of pulling out of that one.

Michaels knocks HIMSELF clean out. Should maybe change his running style if he wants to continue running like that then he will have a very short career.

Same for Zillman. Nothing illegal or wrong with the way he gets injured, just unlucky.

Thats Footy !!!

Your an idiot!

Prince was hit high. END OF STORY
Cambell was kneed in the head by a merkin. END OF STORY
Micheals copped a 2nd attempt that should have been a send off. . END OF STORY.
Zillman was hit in the head. . END OF STORY

James or Bird should have flogged the living sh*t out of eddie munster and then walked to your house and flogged you, for being so stupid

GoldCoastTitans100
29-05-11, 07:40 PM
Benefit of the doubt didn't exist against the Dogs. Reckon a couple of those Video Ref calls should have been

None of the decisions should have been benefit of the doubt.

GoldCoastTitans100
29-05-11, 07:48 PM
Your an idiot!

James or Bird should have flogged the living sh*t out of eddie munster and then walked to your house and flogged you, for being so stupid

Prince got a slap and dived like C_Ronaldo, yes a penalty but not a report offense.

Cambell just got some bad luck you can't blame anyone

Micheals copped a 2nd attempt and it was a penalty but if you send him of then you have to be consistent and send everyone of who does it, i see the same thing that happened to Micheal's allot but never see anyone get sent of. yes it should have been a send of offense.

Zillman got hit in the head and it was defiantly a penalty but i don't believe it was intentional.

And violence never solved anything :D

dean
29-05-11, 07:52 PM
Your an idiot!

Whose the IDIOT !

Settle down Coaster. No need to get abusive. Our opinions differ however i know EXACTLY what i saw and certainly won't back that up with frivilous angry little threats and childish comments like Bird and James coming to give me a flogging, Pffffft what a **** immature comment. You obviously don't like Ennis but i love the Guy and the only Titan that has anywhere near the balls and mongrel of Ennis is Bird. Ennis could teach the rest a thing or two as most are soft as dog ****.

Coaster
29-05-11, 07:54 PM
Prince got a slap and dived like C_Ronaldo, yes a penalty but not a report offense.

Cambell just got some bad luck you can't blame anyone

Micheals copped a 2nd attempt and it was a penalty but if you send him of then you have to be consistent and send everyone of who does it and i see the same thing that happened to Micheal's allot but never see anyone get sent of. But yes it should have been a send of offense.

Zillman got hit in the head and it was defiantly a penalty but i don't believe it was intentional.

And violence never solved anything :D

Who asked you to open your trap hole?

Where did i mention report offenses?

This is league, and should have been dealt with on the field. Try growing a set, and then getting some hair on them, before telling me what solves what thank you!

GoldCoastTitans100
29-05-11, 07:59 PM
thank you!

:thumbsup:

Coaster
29-05-11, 07:59 PM
Whose the IDIOT !

LOL, Ennis is nothing more then a disgrace to this sport. He reminds me of Benny Elias, another nobody that got his name by being a goose.

He should have been flogged, and he will be before the year is out. He has a name as a niggler, pathetic!

titansrawesome
29-05-11, 08:09 PM
ennis is a piece of ****e, i hope him and sandow somehow get melded together in a freak accident so they both can never bother us again, and ennis is crap too i might add bird has skill and isn't an asshole.

Ryan
29-05-11, 08:09 PM
You obviously don't like Ennis but i love the Guy and the only Titan that has anywhere near the balls and mongrel of Ennis is Bird. Ennis could teach the rest a thing or two as most are soft as dog ****.

Ennis is a b!tch and isn't even close to having half the ticker of Bird.

Ennis never does his grubby little tactics to their face, he'll only do it while they are walking away, while their back is turned, while they are on the ground tackling someone else or while there are several other of his own team members standing between him.

As soon as someone starts to retaliate he walks backwards with a dumb grin on his face. And you might notice he only tries his petty **** on the gentlemen of the game ie. Civo, Hindmarsh, Presto, Cronk, ect. He doesn't have the balls or heart to try it on someone like Bird, James or someone likely to fight.

It's only a matter of time before he is stretchered from the field as a result of his piss-ant niggle.

* And when a real fight starts - you'll see guys like Bird run towards it, and b!tches like Ennis run away from it.
* Princes diving wouldn't even hold a candle to Ennis efforts over the years.

GoldCoastTitans100
29-05-11, 08:13 PM
i hope him and sandow somehow get melded together in a freak accident so they both can never bother us again

Nothing wrong with Sandow he just likes to use his shoulder.

GoldCoastTitans100
29-05-11, 08:16 PM
It's only a matter of time before he is stretchered from the field as a result of his piss-ant niggle.

* And when a real fight starts - you'll see guys like Bird run towards it, and b!tches like Ennis run away from it.
* Princes diving wouldn't even hold a candle to Ennis efforts over the years.

Well i don't really want players running into a fight, they could get sent of and that lets the team down.

Coaster
29-05-11, 08:19 PM
Well i don't really want players running into a fight, they could get sent of and that lets the team down.

This is a contact sport!
You stick up for your own, no matter what.
I couldn't give a rats if they get sent or not, its time to change the way we play. And stop the rot that has seeped into our club.