PDA

View Full Version : Another Inspirational Person helping others.

C-Whiz
16-04-11, 07:30 PM
OK, this is a true story about a young mother who suffers chronic Cerebal Palsy in her legs, who can hardly walk and can't drive a car, but is attempting to swim 10 000 laps of her local pool to raise money and awareness of people living with blood cancers like Leukaemia.

She is also my Cousin. If you can donate to her cause, great, but even just a message of support can go a long way.

Take 2 minutes to read her story via link below.

http://www.leukaemia.org.nz/page/293

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/north-shore-times/3958810/Lia-laps-up-the-swimming

Thanks for supporting her. :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
16-04-11, 07:36 PM
If you can drop her a message of support (or a donation), please add your name to the list below. I'd like to know that there is long list of forum users who still value the human spirit and what we can do to help and support others, and I know that she could do with some emotional support as it is tough for her.

Thanks again.

C-Whiz.

C-Whiz
16-04-11, 09:14 PM
Ok, for every forum member who follows the link and drops her a message of support, I will donate $1 to her cause. So, just by being supportive you are helping raise funds for her goal.
Add your name so I know who and how much! :D

ps, I will cap it at $100/month, so let's see who can start the ball rolling and see if we can make a difference together.

DIEHARD
16-04-11, 09:18 PM
Inspirational stuff! And especially because it's a relative of one of our own.

I'll definitely donate. I can't right now but will soon.

Keep us updated on the campaign and fundraising mate.

C-Whiz
16-04-11, 09:25 PM
Inspirational stuff! And especially because it's a relative of one of our own.

I'll definitely donate. I can't right now but will soon.

Keep us updated on the campaign and fundraising mate.To be fair and honest, I'm not asking or expecting others to feel a need to donate, but if you send her a message you've already made a contribution! And then start a list with your name at the top, and at the end of each month I'll tally it up and make the donation. Too easy mate. :thumbsup:

1. DIEHARD.

C-Whiz
22-04-11, 06:08 PM
Pretty ordinary effort so far!

34 views, but not one person so far has bothered to send a message of support and add their name here.

It really says a lot, about the effort some put in towards helping others, and the lack of effort some are willing to make. :boo:

Cowboy Titan
22-04-11, 06:51 PM
Congratulations on your great work so far Lia and best of luck making it to your goal. The world needs more heroes like you.

keep_real
22-04-11, 07:57 PM
This is an amazing story, Lia you can do it!! All the best

C-Whiz
23-04-11, 07:01 AM
OK, for the Facebook users, (Probably just about everyone!), here is a direct link to her profile.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=775647264

ps. she's also shaved her head, in case you are wondering why she looks like a criminal! :D

Just send her a message of support, etc. If you were swimming 10 000 laps of a pool, you'd probably like to know people were giving you encouragement! I know I would!!

And it will only take you 2 minutes. It's taking her about 12 months, 6 days a week!!