PDA

View Full Version : Steve Michaels - 2011 Discussion Thread

Tamwelg
03-04-11, 12:08 PM
Steve Michaels - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.

Titanic
10-04-11, 12:20 PM
I keep struggling to pick him and he keeps proving me wrong but he does look more like a first grade wing rather than a centre.

teke
10-04-11, 08:20 PM
Was always a good winger, Qld selectors have had him on their watch list for many years. Good lines, fast and fearless

DIEHARD
11-04-11, 12:16 AM
Steve has been our best so far this year. I'm super impressed with him in his execution and determination.

Titan Dad
12-04-11, 10:37 AM
MICHAELS is going great guns. he has been standout in our backline and could play centres as well as wing. Keep watching him as I believe the best of him is yet to come and he will threaten for origin in the next couple of years.

Tamwelg
12-04-11, 10:44 AM
MICHAELS is going great guns. he has been standout in our backline and could play centres as well as wing. Keep watching him as I believe the best of him is yet to come and he will threaten for origin in the next couple of years.

He was ahead of Boyd for Origin selection back when Boyd debuted on the wing, but a knee injury allowed Boyd to leap frog in front of him.

Tamwelg
12-04-11, 06:12 PM
With Idris signed, Champion a strong possibility and Gordon back from injury next year, where do you see Michaels in 2012?

I might upset a few with this, but Michaels > Mead IMO.

TITAN PETE
12-04-11, 07:52 PM
With Idris signed, Champion a strong possibility and Gordon back from injury next year, where do you see Michaels in 2012?

I might upset a few with this, but Michaels > Mead IMO.

Michaels is a much better winger than Mead

thelwall
12-04-11, 09:45 PM
i was a huge critic of him when he first arrived .... but never once did i post anything negative about him .. but he has really showed what he can do in the past few weeks , and he is a great player and someone we need at the club

teke
13-04-11, 01:59 AM
Michaels is a much better winger than MeadPuhlease.

Im sure you meant to say Michaels is a much better winger than Kevvy

Titanic
13-04-11, 05:24 PM
or both, imho.

Ryan
13-04-11, 06:28 PM
The Ranga is on fire this year. He is playing with alot of ticker and is making stuff happen, not standing around waiting for it like Mead & Gordon have in the past. Easily our best back ATM, bar none. Who would have thought? We should revive the thread from when we signed him - I bet he has humbled a few since then.

Time for some Ranga appreciation :salute:

DIEHARD
13-04-11, 07:25 PM
Mead really hasn't had much opportunity at all over the last year to show his true colours.

But Michaels is on fire and I think he is also looking for the opportunities.

We need to SPREAD THE BALL WIDE! Even when we don't reap the benefits, it will still keep the opposition wary. We don't have to get tries off it but it's cheap metres and which quick play the balls, we have the momentum.

teke
14-04-11, 12:12 AM
The Ranga is on fire this year. He is playing with alot of ticker and is making stuff happen, not standing around waiting for it like Mead & Gordon have in the past. Easily our best back ATM, bar none. Who would have thought? We should revive the thread from when we signed him - I bet he has humbled a few since then.

Time for some Ranga appreciation :salute:Ranga hasnt gone looking for it, the ball has been coming to him which isnt surprising since he has a good centre partner in Esi who knows how to use his man. The right side is the dodgey side. Look at this stat - The Titans have shifted the ball strongly to their left on 44 occasions in 2011 compared to just 14 times to the right...wtf

Michaels hasnt humbled me in that thread, i knew he was always going to play well especially on the wing. Easily the best back so far this year.

billyrob
02-08-11, 09:30 PM
Have been a season ticket holder for 4 years. If Michaels is picked I will refuse to attend in future. He just keeps costing us, can't the coach see it?

Boofhead
03-08-11, 02:55 PM
It was a bit like slow motion at the cowboys game... Everything he touched turned to ****.

TITAN PETE
03-08-11, 07:08 PM
He try's his guts out every week & that's causes a few mistakes but give me 2 or 3 Michaels to the effort that a lot of other players have put in this season..

Titanic
03-08-11, 08:51 PM
Have been a season ticket holder for 4 years. If Michaels is picked I will refuse to attend in future. He just keeps costing us, can't the coach see it?

That's an awesome first post :salute:

Ryan
03-08-11, 08:55 PM
He try's his guts out every week & that's causes a few mistakes but give me 2 or 3 Michaels to the effort that a lot of other players have put in this season..
+1 .......

Rage
03-08-11, 09:01 PM

There's nothing more of worth that I can add to this

patskE
03-08-11, 09:36 PM
mate its just not one players fault
yes, i never rated micheals. his like mini he trys, but he trys to hard i rkn... we do have better wingers
but u goto put faith in the coach's and still support your team. i still love them. still thinking about turning up to shark park wearing nothing bar shorts n paint again casue i do it for the boys, they need us!

teke
03-08-11, 11:20 PM
Michaels does everything 110% noone can ever accuse him of not trying. Apart from Mead and Gordon there are no better wingers in the club, that is a fact.

karnage
04-08-11, 05:39 AM
I'd have him over Mead.

Titan Dad
04-08-11, 09:05 AM

Need you there mate. Dont give up hope, all will be good. Keep the faith.:thumbsup:

Titan Dad
04-08-11, 09:06 AM
Michaels does everything 110% noone can ever accuse him of not trying. Apart from Mead and Gordon there are no better wingers in the club, that is a fact.

Michaels is a champ. He has had a few nasty headknocks this season. He will bounce back and we do need him on the wing for the remainder of the year.:thumbsup:

teke
04-08-11, 12:13 PM
I'd have him over Mead.I know you would