PDA

View Full Version : Ryan James - 2011 Discussion Thread

Tamwelg
03-04-11, 01:04 PM
Ryan James - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.

Titanic
10-04-11, 01:18 PM
Next time he leaves the team should be when he retires. If you look around the other clubs and see the performing props that have wandered from team to team until they mature, cases in point Tolman, Shillington, Tilse and Snowdon ... James should be a one club player.

Chaos
10-04-11, 01:26 PM
James is a good tough prop that wont take a backward step.
Should start the game when all players are fit and there is no holes around the ruck.
He dominates in defense
Can only last 15 mins maximum at one time.

Titan Dad
18-04-11, 11:43 AM
Should start the game when all players are fit and there is no holes around the ruck.
He dominates in defense

DARK has a tendancy to give away a few too many penalties in critical areas of the field. If he can sort that out then sure why not give him a start. It is all good not taking a backward step in your approach to the game however when you are costing your side some valuable field position. You must settle down and play tight.:doh:

Ryan
18-04-11, 05:42 PM
DARK has a tendancy to give away a few too many penalties in critical areas of the field. If he can sort that out then sure why not give him a start. It is all good not taking a backward step in your approach to the game however when you are costing your side some valuable field position. You must settle down and play tight.:doh:
True to a point, but in his defense - a lot of the penalties against him were harsh, if not absolute bullsh!t.

Future Origin player at least - maybe even a Kangaroo.

Chaos
18-04-11, 07:17 PM

I agree with Ryan on this...he copped a couple harsh penalties
The amount of times he dominates a tackle at his age is awesome.

Titan Dad
19-04-11, 02:55 PM
True to a point, but in his defense - a lot of the penalties against him were harsh, if not absolute bullsh!t.

Future Origin player at least - maybe even a Kangaroo.

Penalties are penalties no matter how harsh we think they are. The Refs are adjudicating to the letter of the law now and with 2 Refs there is little margin of error you can get away with. I totally agree his mongrel is great in his defence. And yes I believe he will play origin and maybe for the Kangaroos in the future. :eyebrows:

DIEHARD
10-06-11, 04:22 AM
Ryan James a Titans highlight

NICKNAMED `Dark' by eldest brother Brad when he was a kid because had the darkest skin of the proud indigenous trio, Ryan James has been a shining light for the Gold Coast Titans this year in what has largely been a forgettable season.

A product of the Bilambil Jets and Palm Beach Currumbin, James cites his father Kevin -- a tough prop for Bilambil and Murwillumbah in the Group 18 competition from 1978 to 1992 -- as the person with the single greatest influence on his footy.

"I still talk to my brothers and my dad before every game and they always say 'go in there like it will be your last'," said James, who gets his indigenous heritage from his mother Terrilee's side of the family.

"I always go out there and try and do my best.

"At Bilambil he was my coach for about four years.

"He has always been there pushing me."

James' wild hair and aggressive style have made him a cult hero with Titans fans, while many good judges have no doubt he is destined for both NSW and Test honours.

His career highlight so far was running out for the Indigenous All Stars at Skilled Park earlier this year.

But a State of Origin call-up doesn't appear too far away.

Already in the Blues-in-waiting squad, James has been invited to visit the NSW team camp on Sunday, in a further sign it is only a matter of time before the Titans' rookie's dream turns into Queensland's worst nightmare.

"I probably do need a bit more development, I have only played 15 games," the level-headed young star said.

"But I would love to pull on a Blues jersey one day and go up against Queensland.

"If I did get to play it would be a great honour."

The Titans take on St George Illawarra Dragons tonight.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Super_Matt
11-06-11, 10:36 AM
James in one word - Momentum.

He instantly lifts the titans go forward as soon as he's on the park. He'll do awesome next season as well

Rage
11-06-11, 04:52 PM
He'll earn a starting spot soon enough methinks

DIEHARD
14-06-11, 12:27 AM
Ryan James and 5 other future Blues contenders were invited into the Blues Camp on Sunday.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/tariq-sims-gets-taste-of-nsw-blues-origin-camp-ahead-of-contract-extension-talks-with-north-queensland-cowboys/story-e6frf3ou-1226074164183

Titan Fanatic
14-06-11, 09:53 AM
Next time he leaves the team should be when he retires. If you look around the other clubs and see the performing props that have wandered from team to team until they mature, cases in point Tolman, Shillington, Tilse and Snowdon ... James should be a one club player.

Totally agree so much potential and agression. One of those guys that you never want to see leave the club. Hopefully he can have a long successful career with the titans

wateva
18-06-11, 08:25 PM
Penalties are penalties no matter how harsh we think they are. The Refs are adjudicating to the letter of the law now and with 2 Refs there is little margin of error you can get away with. I totally agree his mongrel is great in his defence. And yes I believe he will play origin and maybe for the Kangaroos in the future. :eyebrows:

the reality is that he isn't the only player giving away penalties - so lighten up on him - :banana:

wateva
18-06-11, 08:28 PM
He dominates in defense

perhaps you should talk to the coach - who keeps taking him off the field - (wow why didn't someone else think of that lol) :banana:

Super_Matt
19-06-11, 11:15 AM
I don't think it's that James is only a 20 minute player. It's that Bailey is a 60 minute player :p

SunnyCoastTitanFan
19-06-11, 01:33 PM
Has anyone noticed that most of our young guns have already had season ending injuries at this stage of their career? Esi Tonga, David Mead, Kevin Gordon, Will Zillman and now Ryan James just to name a few :frown:

Nick
19-06-11, 01:53 PM
And James has done the same as Gordon. Its a pretty disappointing injury the ACL.

Titanic
19-06-11, 02:13 PM
That's the nature of the sport and partially because the added levels of sanitisation in the under grades has ******ed the physical hardness of the players ... not their fitness.

Titan Fanatic
20-06-11, 03:08 PM
Good luck on recovery James and hopefully he can start off next year the way he was playing before the injury

hammer
20-06-11, 07:23 PM
I wish the big fella a speedy recovery! I believe that an injury like this at this stage in his career will only provide extra motivation to come back BIGGER and BETTER than ever. Princey is a perfect example of this with the horror injuries he had in the early parts of his career.