PDA

View Full Version : Luke Capewell - 2011 Discussion Thread

Tamwelg
03-04-11, 01:01 PM
Luke Capewell - 2011 Discussion Thread

General discussion on match performances, position, injuries, contracts, and anything else.

Tamwelg
04-04-11, 09:04 PM
Should get a chance in the halfs this weekend with the injuries and suspensions we have.

Titanic
10-04-11, 12:55 PM
The jury is still out ... he seems more likely to be a Campbell substitute when he finally calls it quits.

meter maid
24-04-11, 09:34 PM
HE HAS TO GO!!!

dee13
25-04-11, 08:56 AM
I thought he was one of our better players yesterday.

TITAN PETE
25-04-11, 09:23 AM
I thought he was one of our better players yesterday.

Agree :thumbsup:

Supergoose
25-04-11, 09:47 AM
I totally agree that he was one of our better players against the Eels. Imagine what he could've been without ice-skates? The problem we have with Luke is, is he in our best 17 ahead of Presto, Tomane, Shannon Walker? Probably not on raw footballing ability, but as a total package - maybe. He seems to talk well out on the field. Mini threw that pass yesterday because Capewell was calling for it. No that it was a good call but it shows he's a talker and we need players who cam read a game and communicate out there.

Rage
25-04-11, 10:46 AM
Any reason why he was slipping all over the place yesterday? Besides that, thought he played pretty well, although his kick returns aren't nearly as damaging as Meads

Steelers
25-04-11, 06:44 PM
He seems to talk well out on the field. Mini threw that pass yesterday because Capewell was calling for it. No that it was a good call but it shows he's a talker and we need players who cam read a game and communicate out there.

He did the same when Zillman scored his try. Tells me that he is the sort of player who is always seeking the footy. He didn't need to do it when Mini lost the ball, but that is the sort of thing that comes with experience. I remember people taking here about how he absolutely carved it up during the trials. Given time I am sure he will become a great player. In what position though remains to be seen.

teke
25-04-11, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=Rage;281039]Any reason why he was slipping all over the place yesterday? [QUOTE]Might have to do with a few of the boys being given some nice new flouro orange shoes to test out.

Coaster
25-04-11, 09:38 PM
That's so unprofessional it's unforgivable.
On wet long grass you wear studs not blades. This is schoolboy stuff FFS

teke
26-04-11, 02:10 AM
That's so unprofessional it's unforgivable.
On wet long grass you wear studs not blades. This is schoolboy stuff FFSWhat you suggest the punishment should be :) :)

Tamwelg
07-07-11, 12:40 PM
Scored 2 tries and got MOM for the QLD residents last night.

Titanic
20-07-11, 04:46 PM
I think that it's reprehensible that Capewell has been listed in the list of dud buys this season.

I reckon that he was made a scapegoat in a generally sh!t effort by most of the players ... I don't know him, I don't even know if he's the goods but I do reckon he doesn't deserve that type of branding ... I hope he kicks **** this weekend.

So who was our dud buy this year? That pivot from the Dragons who hadn't played for a while ... rubbish. I'm so peeved about that I'm starting a thread :-)

Smakked
25-07-11, 05:39 AM
http://www.zerotackle.com.au/broncos-lure-titans-capewell-3026/

Looks like he might be gone

DIEHARD
25-07-11, 09:15 AM
But he might only get a similar role to which he has here now.

It might come down to dollars and perceived chance of winning a title.

Titanic
25-07-11, 10:30 PM
gets the dud buy award because he could get a run here but the Donkeys grab him ... what a crock o' crap ... I think we should get another backrow or how about a centre to celebrate his loss ... I'm stuffed if I get it :-(

Princey's Titanz
30-07-12, 07:36 PM
im watching closely how Capewell goes.

TITAN PETE
30-07-12, 07:47 PM
im watching closely how Capewell goes.

He's having a blinder , i'm sure I heard him call "Touch" a couple of times already :laugh:

Princey's Titanz
30-07-12, 07:56 PM
nearly made a miraculous try saving tackle but unlucky for him. Hope Eels flog the Broncs.