PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Legion Banners

DIEHARD
05-03-11, 05:11 PM
I think we really need more banners, we have some really healthy numbers in The Legion these days, but the best way to be noticed is with banners. This is what makes the Dragons army so visual.

With the club backing the Legion so well and the prospect of future official banner making days, the future looks bright.

But it still comes down to the rank and file Titans fans making banners that they will have responsibility for.

So here is a thread for new banners for 2011. Also remember to dust off our old favourites and bring them to games!

DIEHARD
05-03-11, 05:14 PM
Here is my current project....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress2.jpg

Painting it up now. Wish me luck!

dee13
05-03-11, 06:49 PM
Here is my current project....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress2.jpg

Painting it up now. Wish me luck!

Good Thinking!!!! Bon Jovi it up. I think any banners with "This is our house" on it, will get T.V. coverage this year.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
05-03-11, 09:16 PM
haha looks awsome brad

DIEHARD
05-03-11, 09:18 PM
haha looks awsome brad

Yea I might start taking requests. Just as long as people will use it.

Next will either be an Ash banner or an anti Dragons one. I guess the Ash one would be useful at more games. Also did a design for one for Scott Prince, not sure how difficult it is gonna be though.

DIEHARD
05-03-11, 10:12 PM
Some newer pictures of my progress. Just got to draw in the crowd now, that might be a bit hard. Polish off Skilled Park and then touch up the paint and then go over it with black marker.

And then I can start on another.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress5.jpg

DIEHARD
06-03-11, 02:02 PM
Nearly there...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress6.jpg

DIEHARD
06-03-11, 04:29 PM
OK it is done, just needs some slits for poles and it is good to go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/fortress8.jpg

Gonna work on another now.

C-Whiz
08-03-11, 08:34 PM
OK it is done, just needs some slits for poles and it is good to go.

Gonna work on another now.Like I said on FB mate, it looks sweet. :thumbsup:

OK, Ive done a Spotlight run today and have sewn up a small tri-colour banner ( about 1.5m high, 1m wide, blue top, white middle, yellow bottom).

I have a few slogan ideas running through my head, but was thinking if someone in the Legion area would actually use it I could put something "Legion" on it.

I was actually thinking, "Loud, Proud, Legion", sort of like the Learn, Earn, Legend campaign, with one word on each colour.

Any takers? Any ideas?

Mushi
08-03-11, 08:57 PM
Brad - awesome banner - love it!!!
c-whiz - like your idea too - simple but very effective.
Banners are awesome - wish I had some sewing or drawing talent haha - but you are right that the dragons banners etc really stand out in the crowd. Always happy to help hold up some banners in the legion if there is spares. There is 5 of us in our group so plenty of hands :-)

C-Whiz
09-03-11, 05:50 PM
Brad - awesome banner - love it!!!
c-whiz - like your idea too - simple but very effective.
Banners are awesome - wish I had some sewing or drawing talent haha - but you are right that the dragons banners etc really stand out in the crowd. Always happy to help hold up some banners in the legion if there is spares. There is 5 of us in our group so plenty of hands :-)So Mushi, would you wave it loud and proud if I painted it up? It'd just go into the Legion pile of flags and banners, but if you are up for it, I would put that slogan onto it and you can claim it.

My other option is "You got OWNED". I thought that would be fun. Especially after a game where the Titans have SMASHED the opposition, or on the back of some stunning defence that puts them on their ar$e.

TITAN PETE
09-03-11, 06:39 PM
So Mushi, would you wave it loud and proud if I painted it up? It'd just go into the Legion pile of flags and banners, but if you are up for it, I would put that slogan onto it and you can claim it.

My other option is "You got OWNED". I thought that would be fun. Especially after a game where the Titans have SMASHED the opposition, or on the back of some stunning defence that puts them on their ar$e.

That would be a sensational Banner to pull out when the game is gone & especially if the opposition was standing right in front of you in their own in goal :rolf:

DIEHARD
09-03-11, 06:51 PM
That would be a sensational Banner to pull out when the game is gone & especially if the opposition was standing right in front of you in their own in goal :rolf:

Hahaha that'd be the perfect picture. Them looking defeated in goal. The Legion and Titan Army giving them hell and celebrating and that banner haha.

I'm working on a Scott Prince banner now. Pictures to come. :thumbsup:

As C Whiz says, it all comes down to people willing to hold them up and look after them. Making them, is a short and painful process, but we need that ongoing effort to use em.

Mushi
09-03-11, 09:34 PM
C- Whiz - definitely!!!!!!!!!!!! We stand with the legion usually in the second or third row on the right facing the ground - we are there each and every week and will def wave that banner with pride - if you are happy to make it - I'm happy to wave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know :-)

C-Whiz
10-03-11, 07:55 AM
we are there each and every week and will def wave that banner with pride - if you are happy to make it - I'm happy to wave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know :-)That's dedication! ;)

Mate, I'll bring it down Sat arvo-ish. :thumbsup:

Mushi
10-03-11, 08:04 PM
No worries - proud to hold it up and wave it proudly! See u then :-)

DIEHARD
12-03-11, 12:39 AM
I'm gonna spend another week on the Scott Prince banner, definitely worth it. Lookings amazing so far.

But I have a warchest full of banners and flags, including some great new ones.

We need to spread them out, so please put your hand up to take responsibility of some of the Legion's banners and flags.

C-Whiz
12-03-11, 01:53 PM
No worries - proud to hold it up and wave it proudly! See u then :-)Sweet! :thumbsup:

I'm gonna spend another week on the Scott Prince banner, definitely worth it. Lookings amazing so far.
I just did the last minute rush on the one I made for Mushi. Was trying to get it painted up last night, knowing it had to dry and then had to be ironed to set the paint today. Then it would start to rain a bit, stop, start again.... aaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!! It was tough because I had to take a few hours break to watch the footy, then started again after a few beers! But it's finished, not pretty, but it's hard to miss. :D

Blazertaser
12-03-11, 10:50 PM
Will be making one for the melbourne game this week coming :) Most likely "Bird is the word"

DIEHARD
13-03-11, 12:07 AM
Will be making one for the melbourne game this week coming :) Most likely "Bird is the word"

Very nice! I'll bring my Mead banner and my big Titans flag.

Mushi
13-03-11, 08:04 AM
The banners and flags came across great on the tv by the way!

C-Whiz - we did try yours but will work out something with the poles and you will see it - LOUD and PROUD in the coming weeks - nice to meet you too by the way!!!!!

C-Whiz
13-03-11, 09:59 AM
The banners and flags came across great on the tv by the way!

C-Whiz - we did try yours but will work out something with the poles and you will see it - LOUD and PROUD in the coming weeks - nice to meet you too by the way!!!!!It was a shame you couldn't get it up more often because I was stuck down the other end for this game, and when you put it up it made a BIG statement to the other end of the field.

Mushi
13-03-11, 12:53 PM
I bet it did - it will certainly stand out - LOUD and PROUD he he. We will get it sorted though!

DIEHARD
13-03-11, 01:04 PM
The banner is amazing Chris, I was impressed with its size and quality.

I was thinking of getting some of the giant yellow poles I use for my big flag.