Canberra Raiders vs Gold Coast Titans
Apr 01 - 04 2011 - Canberra Stadiun, ACT

RAIDERS

TBA

TITANS

TBA

DIEHARD
20-03-11, 04:03 PM
I thought I'd move this one across as well. As it is our next away game.

We have never won in Canberra so 2011 doesn't get easier.

Raiders looked like legends in Round 1 but looked innept against the Broncos. But I don't think we will be that lucky. And they were down on troops as well.

We will post up some Southern Legion info soon.

Ryan
20-03-11, 04:19 PM
I got a headache just thinking about this game. Hopefully we can knock off the Donkeys and carry momentum into this game.

Boofhead
20-03-11, 05:20 PM
I got a headache just thinking about this game. Hopefully we can knock off the Donkeys and carry momentum into this game.

We can hope...

C-Whiz
20-03-11, 06:08 PM
One game at a time Brad. :?)
Let's focus on knocking the Donkeys off first. :thumbsup:

Mushi
20-03-11, 06:20 PM
One game I'd really love the boys to win (well I want them to win them all ha ha) but as we have never won down there (and I am sure we all still remember the slaughtering we copped 2 years ago) so hoping for lots of momentum from a big win on Friday night!

DIEHARD
20-03-11, 06:45 PM

It's mainly to build up support for the next away game, one week lead time just isnt enough. And I think it's valid to have a thread open cause we will get to see the Raiders go around as well.

But the Broncos are going to prove a great challenge, if we can't turn up against the Broncos at Skilled Park, then you really need to start asking questions.

C-Whiz
20-03-11, 06:50 PM
It's mainly to build up support for the next away game, one week lead time just isnt enough. And I think it's valid to have a thread open cause we will get to see the Raiders go around as well.

But the Broncos are going to prove a great challenge, if we can't turn up against the Broncos at Skilled Park, then you really need to start asking questions.Totally agree with all that mate. I'm just not sitting quite as comfortably about the next game just yet, let alone a trip to Canberra!

But I salute anyone who makes this trip to support the team. :salute:

Mushi, it sure would change a lot of peoples opinions and mood if the Titans can get on a roll and turn their fortunes around against Broncs and then come back with the 2 points from Canberra! :thumbsup:
All would be forgiven! :D

DIEHARD
20-03-11, 06:59 PM
Oh I never underestimate the Broncos...

I see the NRL as a war, but the war against the Broncos is a whole new and independent battleground in my books.

matti
20-03-11, 07:27 PM
Ok after my dog to melb game , i will be attending this one for sure !!

Titan_Blue
22-03-11, 10:27 PM
Is Friend expected to lineup for this match?

TITAN PETE
23-03-11, 06:02 PM
Is Friend expected to lineup for this match?

Possible but he's only started "Contact" training yesterday & although his shoulder has come through 100% he won't be rushed back as it's a very long season :thumbsup:

Boofhead
25-03-11, 11:48 PM
If Friend is not 100%, we should not risk him for this one.

History has it that we don't do too well in the nations capital and it would be a better investment to have Friend fit for the whole season rather than rushed in.

Bird at 5/8 worked, however it would have been way more effective with Campbell coming in as second receiver rather than hooker.

So who the **** do we put at hooker if we don't have Friend, I have lost all confidence in Riley.

Let's just pray Carty can come up with some answers for this one.

DIEHARD
26-03-11, 01:17 AM
I'd keep Bird at 6, but 9 is a real problem. We need Friend back so badly. But I wouldnt risk him, we need him for the season.

I'll probably head down to Canberra to support the team. Titans fans go hard in tough times!

Mushi
26-03-11, 07:31 AM
Way to go Brad!!!! I'll be relying on sms updates as we are out on Saturday night - ahhh - first time I have missed a game for a VERY long time! Carty has a tough weekend ahead - sorting out his team for this game!

Rage
26-03-11, 09:47 AM
How about Lawton at 9? How's he going?

matti
26-03-11, 09:54 AM
injured me thinks, that boy has some sexy man muscles

C-Whiz
26-03-11, 10:34 AM
This game is looking very ominous now. 0-3, and Raiders in Canberra. :doh:

If we can repeat the same defensive effort we did against the Broncos, I have no doubt we can hold the Raiders out. But we'll also need to bring a better brand of attacking football if we want to crack them open at home. I also think we can play a better 80 mins than the Raiders, which, again, if we repeat the performance against the Broncs I think there will be plenty of opportunity later in the game. :thumbsup:

Gotta keep positive peeps. We really should have beaten the Broncos, the Broncos beat Canberra last week, I see no reason we can't pull back some for-and-against in this game. :banana:

Mushi
26-03-11, 11:19 AM
I have a GREAT feeling about this game. Just you wait - it will be the game to kickstart our surge to 2011 premiers!!!!!:thumbsup:

C-Whiz
26-03-11, 12:39 PM
I have a GREAT feeling about this game. Just you wait - it will be the game to kickstart our surge to 2011 premiers!!!!!:thumbsup:I agree. TBH it is probably the defining game now for our season.

teke
26-03-11, 01:04 PM
Lets hope Orford throws more mud to his backline again.

Personally I feel he is going to upset the Raiders style of play

Rage
26-03-11, 01:16 PM
Wayne Heming AAPSat, Mar 26, 2011 - 1:58 PM
The Gold Coast Titans will have do what just one team has achieved in over 100 years should they lose to Canberra in next weekend's NRL clash.

Only Newtown Jets in 1933 have tasted defeat in their first four games and gone on to win a Premiership.

It's hard to believe barely a month into the 2011 season the Titans could be facing a game which has such a massive bearing on their premiership chances.

But stats guru David Middleton says only the 1933 Jets side have managed such a woeful start to the season and enjoyed glory at the end of it, with the victorious South Sydney side of 1953 coming closest after starting their campaign with three straight losses.

Given their dire predicament, Titans coach John Cartwright will be sweating on scans results for busy back-rower Ashley Harrison who looked to have suffered a hamstring injury towards the end of the 14-8 loss to Brisbane.

Cartwright's side can ill-afford to be without Harrison, who has one of the best work rates in the game.

The Titans' performance was a big improvement on their poor 40-12 effort the previous week against Melbourne and neither Cartwright or skipper Scott Prince are prepared to throw in the towel.

Prince admitted after the third straight loss the players were in unfamiliar waters after solid starts in previous years and making back-to-back finals.

"It is but all the boys are remaining positive," he said.

"It's an important part of our team that we stick together and I though we turned the corner compared to last week's performance."

Cartwright, who said his players had controlled things better and hustled a lot harder, said results in the first three rounds showed the competition was very even in 2011.

"We're all starting level. People are surprised by results, but there's nothing that should surprise anyone at the moment, it's a very even playing field," he said.

Cartwright saw enough improvement to suggest they could break the drought against Canberra.

"We had a few blokes out there like Brad Meyers, Anthony Laffranchi and Anthony Minichiello having pretty much their first games of the year who had to play big game time through some interchange problems again," he said.

"They're going to be better for run.

"We probably could have scored more points with the ball but we had three tries disallowed and if we get one of them, it might have been a different ball game."

Source: nrl.com

Supergoose
26-03-11, 01:21 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Carty deals with the debacle that was Greg Bird at five-eighth. I can't comprehend how some people think it will work. By all means start him there for 20 min while the heat goes from the game for Presto but Birds 2nd half was atrocious. He can't spark the backline. With Harrison likely to miss for his hamstring and Friend likely to get one more week on the sidelines, we need to go back to Capewell for this one or perhaps Zillman can play 5/8 and Mead fullback with Tomane on the wing. Hooker is a big problem and if Lawton is fit he must play as Brown has been ordinary at best.

titansrawesome
26-03-11, 03:37 PM
if orford is playing we might win, they were better off without him

Boofhead
26-03-11, 06:03 PM
Bird works his ass off, if the rest of the team had as much enthusiasm as Bird, we would be 3/3.

Coaster
26-03-11, 06:09 PM
Do we have to put up Belcher and Braybrook commentating?
How they get Canberra games is beyond me, they are so biased I can not listen to it.

TITAN PETE
26-03-11, 06:21 PM
Bird works his ass off, if the rest of the team had as much enthusiasm as Bird, we would be 3/3.

True mate but he also gave the Donkeys their only 2 triesv:rolleyes:

He should be wearing the 13 for a few weeks

C-Whiz
26-03-11, 06:29 PM
Bird works his ass off, if the rest of the team had as much enthusiasm as Bird, we would be 3/3.Agreed, but as I said in another thread, there are a lot of under 9's working their asses off, but if they aren't paying their best position or gel-ing with those around them it aint worth diddly-doo.

DIEHARD
26-03-11, 06:55 PM
Raiders are playing Wests Tigers on Fox Sports 2 now. Know your enemy!

Blazertaser
26-03-11, 07:06 PM
Very sloppy effort from the Raiders against the Tigers so far :banana:

lonegull
26-03-11, 07:27 PM
lawton must be hooker, i will through in a roughie to come into the side O'dywer who is making his return this week in the qcup he might just add that little bit of the bench or even maybe hooker?

amaline
26-03-11, 07:58 PM
lawton must be hooker, i will through in a roughie to come into the side O'dywer who is making his return this week in the qcup he might just add that little bit of the bench or even maybe hooker?

Is he still out with injury?

teke
26-03-11, 09:48 PM
Do we have to put up Belcher and Braybrook commentating?
How they get Canberra games is beyond me, they are so biased I can not listen to it.Yeah I know,

Everyone in the green is a rep player in the waiting when listening to this commentating crew :rolleyes:

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 01:47 PM
Way to go Brad!!!! I'll be relying on sms updates as we are out on Saturday night - ahhh - first time I have missed a game for a VERY long time! Carty has a tough weekend ahead - sorting out his team for this game!

You bet! Win or lose last Friday, it sealed my resolve to go to Canberra.

When things get tough you gotta be hard.

I really hope our boy Ash will be ok, we can't afford to lose our best and most tireless Titan.

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 02:55 PM
Orford desperate to break duck

Matt Orford is "filthy' over his start to life as a Raider, with the veteran playmaker taking a large portion of the blame for Canberra's second straight loss on Saturday night.

Orford was one of several Raiders to produce below-par performances in the 34-24 loss to Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium, the former Dally M medal winner coming up with a few costly errors to cough up cheap possession.

An inexcusable forward pass inside his own 20 metre zone led directly to a Robert Lui's 36th-minute try, Orford having now lost both games in a lime green jumper after his understudy Sam Williams had engineered a season-opening win over Cronulla.

"It would have been nice to have a win," Orford said of his frustrating struggle since returning to the NRL after one year playing in Super League with Bradford.

"Coming to a new club, you don't want to be 0-2.

"It was always going to be a challenge working with the team and getting used to new structures.

"There were a few errors of mine tonight which cost us field position.

"I'm pretty filthy on my performance."

Orford was not on his own, however, with Canberra committing 19 errors for the game as it fell behind 34-10 before a flurry of late points when the result was beyond doubt.

"We really have to get back to the drawing board, everyone has to be accountable - every single one of us" Orford said.

"There's effort there, but it's individual effort, it just doesn't work, you have to work really hard as a unit.

"We had a chance to get back into the grind there and we just turned the ball over too easy, we didn't really respect it.

"They were dead set under-7 kind of errors across the board ... I put my hand up and several other guys would definitely put their hand up."

The Raiders now face an equally desperate Gold Coast in the nation's capital on Saturday night, the Titans still searching for their first win of the season.

Source: AAP

titansrawesome
27-03-11, 02:59 PM
what did i say orford is bad luck and a average player, they should have stuck with sam williams, keep matt around for 1 more week though

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 04:46 PM
Blake Ferguson is a machine! I couldn't believe how well he played last night for the Raiders.

Boofhead
27-03-11, 07:29 PM
1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Bird
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Thompson
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Meyers
16. Minichiello
17. Campbell

shamus
27-03-11, 08:18 PM
1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Bird
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Henderson
11. Laffranchi
12. Thompson
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Meyers
16. Minichiello
17. Campbell

Sorry boof....I wouldn't even have Henderson on the bench atm.

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 08:30 PM
Looks like Harrison might be out for a couple weeks. Let's hope for the best. He has been our shining star for the first few rounds.

Ryan
27-03-11, 08:49 PM
If Harro is out......

1. Zillman
2. Micheals
3. Tonga
4. Tagatese
5. Mead
6. Capewell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. White
11. Laffranchi
12. Thompson
13. Bird

14. James
15. Meyers
16. Minichiello
17. Campbell

teke
27-03-11, 08:50 PM
Sorry boof....I wouldn't even have Henderson on the bench atm.I wouldnt either

Ryan
27-03-11, 08:55 PM
I wouldnt either
Or me........

Boofhead
27-03-11, 09:25 PM

I would normally have the same opinion but White hasn't done much in the opening two rounds to impress (apart from that monster hit he put on). I have faith that Hendo will see the light and stop making the 1-2 errors he has in his game. The ball is in his court, Carty has shown plenty of faith in his ability but it's time he repays by showing some good form.

Much of a muchness really though in the end of the day.

titansrawesome
27-03-11, 09:43 PM
difference is boof i dont have my heart in my mouth when white hits up the ball because he can actually hang on to it

TITAN PETE
27-03-11, 09:57 PM
I wouldnt either

Nor me , i have faith in White & Capewell ;)

Boofhead
27-03-11, 09:59 PM
difference is boof i dont have my heart in my mouth when white hits up the ball because he can actually hang on to it
I get that, I don't think it is as clear cut decision as most because Hendo does have a larger work rate.

He does need super glue on his hands sometimes though.

Tamwelg
28-03-11, 08:22 AM

Me neither he was horrible against the donkeys and couldn't keep hold of the ball either.

Tamwelg
28-03-11, 08:37 AM
Nor me , i have faith in White & Capewell ;)

Both apparently had great games for the Jets. Here is a section from the write up of the game from qrl.com.au:

Both teams held nothing back, with a huge Matt White tackle in the final few seconds displaying the desperation on display in the battle of the Titans feeder clubs.

White was playing his first match for the Jets this year and his form would have impressed Titans head coach John Cartwright, a keen spectator at Pizzey Park.

Cartwright was also pleased to see Luke Capewell take his axing from the Titans NRL side in his stride.

Slotting in at fullback for the Jets in the absence of the injured Marshall Chalk, Capewell was scintillating in broken play.

The former Rabbitoh made several clean breaks and put Donald Malone away for his second try of the match as the Jets raced away to a 20-14 lead in the 63rd minute.

lonegull
28-03-11, 08:38 AM
a little thought Zillman to wing and capewell to fullback, this way in attack capewell can hang around the ruck area and in the trials he showd that he can return the ball quit well from thaq back

Also i noticed lawtin didnt play qcup on the weekend so i will stick my neck out and say bring back chalkey o'dwyer in the 9

Dopamine
28-03-11, 10:03 AM
Hey Guys long time lurker first time poster..
Anyone think Capewell should be 9 for this one.... Good ball player fast of the mark?

1. Zilly
2. Micheals
3. Tonga
4. Mead
5. Tomane
6. Bird/capewell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Capewell
10. White
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Thompson
14. Campbell
15. James
16. Taga
17. Myers

Can move Capewell to 6 when presto comes on and rotate bird into lock

lonegull
28-03-11, 10:27 AM
Hey Guys long time lurker first time poster..
Anyone think Capewell should be 9 for this one.... Good ball player fast of the mark?

1. Zilly
2. Micheals
3. Tonga
4. Mead
5. Tomane
6. Bird/capewell
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Capewell
10. White
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Thompson
14. Campbell
15. James
16. Taga
17. Myers

Can move Capewell to 6 when presto comes on and rotate bird into lock

actually could work didnt think of that like that thinking

timor 2
28-03-11, 10:55 AM
I have heard that James might go back NYC and White to the Bench?

Tamwelg
28-03-11, 11:02 AM

No no no no no. Henderson has to go.

curly_11
28-03-11, 11:24 AM
No no no no no. Henderson has to go.

+1

Surfers6
28-03-11, 12:12 PM
We need a spark and im thinking-

1 Zillman (much better this week and should hold his spot)
2 Michaels (better as a winger)
3 Tonga (Another chance)
4 Mead (it will happen eventually)
5 Tomane (Bringing the ball back, and in attack send it high for the leap)
6 Campbell (Back to the old days)
7 Prince
8 Bailey
9 Friend/Brown/Srama/Odwyer (In order IMO)
10 White
11 Laffanchi
12 Thompson
13 Bird

14 Meyers
15 Tagatese
16 Minichello
17 Capewell

What do you think of that?

TITAN PETE
28-03-11, 12:26 PM

That would be a shock as he was the one that put Michaels away for his try & James game in general will do me , i would drop Tag before him ..

Titanmudgee
28-03-11, 04:25 PM
Fundamentally at the moment there are so many reasons we can't score points. One of the biggest reasons is that with the current wingers/centers it gives princey such limited options on 5th tackle with the attacking kick. In the first 3 games he has hardly put up a cross field bomb. Why? Because there isn't one person who can actually leap and attack the ball. Go back watch the first 6 rounds of last year and watch how many times we scored with the play princey cross field kick to Joe Tomane. This young guy is a superstar waiting to be unleashed. Injury was not kind but I saw him play last week for ipswhic against burleigh and he was awesome. He is looking extremely fit, scored a great try, was very solid in defense and every time he would run the ball from dummy half he would make 15 plus meters. If he isnt picked instead of Bodene this week then we have lost the plot. He is an attacking weapon. Go back and watch highlights of when he was playing for the storm and was on fire. Let's remember why we signed this potential superstar and watch him do his thing.

My back 6 would look like this:

1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Campbell/capewell

Tonga and Tomane are the future and the now of the titans. They are both of contract at the end of 2011 and If carty picks them both and believes in them watch them start playing out of their skins

Surfers6
28-03-11, 04:40 PM
Fundamentally at the moment there are so many reasons we can't score points. One of the biggest reasons is that with the current wingers/centers it gives princey such limited options on 5th tackle with the attacking kick. In the first 3 games he has hardly put up a cross field bomb. Why? Because there isn't one person who can actually leap and attack the ball. Go back watch the first 6 rounds of last year and watch how many times we scored with the play princey cross field kick to Joe Tomane. This young guy is a superstar waiting to be unleashed. Injury was not kind but I saw him play last week for ipswhic against burleigh and he was awesome. He is looking extremely fit, scored a great try, was very solid in defense and every time he would run the ball from dummy half he would make 15 plus meters. If he isnt picked instead of Bodene this week then we have lost the plot. He is an attacking weapon. Go back and watch highlights of when he was playing for the storm and was on fire. Let's remember why we signed this potential superstar and watch him do his thing.

My back 6 would look like this:

1. Zillman
2. Michaels
3. Tonga
4. Tomane
5. Mead
6. Campbell/capewell

Tonga and Tomane are the future and the now of the titans. They are both of contract at the end of 2011 and If carty picks them both and believes in them watch them start playing out of their skins

Agreed Tomane should and deserves to be given a shot this week.
Mead and Tomane could be lethal.

Boofhead
28-03-11, 04:46 PM
Agreed Tomane should and deserves to be given a shot this week.
Mead and Tomane could be lethal.

Mead and Tomane had two solid outings against the Raiders last year. He should definitely get the call up. I just hope that the defensive line matches it.

Coaster
28-03-11, 06:30 PM
Defense is 95% attitude.

Mushi
28-03-11, 07:58 PM
I agree with Tomane on leaping up. He was brilliant in that aspect when he played for us last year but was an absolute turnstile in defence so hoping he has picked up on that and is given a run in the team. I like Bodene but he is not a centre! We def need someone who can challenge for the high ball and score off especially now we have lost Flash to kick too as well. Mead doesn't seem to have the confidence to contest the high ball yet. I like the thought of Tomane and Mead but hope they can work well defensively!!!

titansrawesome
28-03-11, 08:19 PM
tomane played centre for us and he was bad in defense however on the wong he has to tackle less event hough he would be better now and he can score lots of tries and defuse bombs

DIEHARD
28-03-11, 08:35 PM
I am really hoping for a strong performance. This is the first weekend that both the Titans and Sunburns play. A win would be very welcome.

titansrawesome
28-03-11, 08:59 PM
if orford plays we win

Boofhead
28-03-11, 09:40 PM
if orford plays we win
We will need way more than that. Unless we produce some form of attacking game the nail will be firmly in the coffin.

titansrawesome
28-03-11, 10:27 PM
We will need way more than that. Unless we produce some form of attacking game the nail will be firmly in the coffin.

round 1 sam williams as 7 raiders beat sharks(who have win the other 2 games impressively since them) 40-12, round 2 orford debuts go on to lose 20-4 round 3 orford still retained lose 24-34 to tigers who were decimated by injury the whole game. if there is a time to end the hoodoo this is our best shot

teke
29-03-11, 01:48 AM
The right centre has always been a problem in this club.

The best combo the club has had on the right side is C. Walker & Mead.

It's a dam shame that Kevvy is injured cause Esi was going to the right side to partner Mead.

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 02:32 AM
I'm more worried about Canberra's massive forward pack.

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 02:35 AM
Beaten Raiders must keep calm and carry on: Furner

Raiders coach David Furner has called for calm in the wake of his side dropping out of the NRL top eight.

Canberra slumped to its second loss in three rounds, going down 34-24 to the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday night.

After opening the season with a comprehensive thrashing of Cronulla, the Raiders have thumped back to Earth with consecutive losses.

Their next assignment is against an equally desperate Gold Coast Titans, who will arrive at Canberra Stadium on Saturday chasing their first victory of the season.

Furner rejected suggestions that even at this early stage of the season the match was shaping as a defining moment for his players.

''We're one from three, we've lost two in a row, so I'm not going to entertain that [idea],'' Furner said.

''It's about us looking at those little things and working on them.''

Improved ball control is a must. While the Benji Marshall-inspired Tigers put on a five-star display, the Raiders were terrible.

An error count of 19-11 was almost as diabolical as the missed tackle stat the Raiders dropped off more than twice (43-21) as many tackles as the Tigers.

It was hard to believe it was the same Raiders side bar injured duo Terry Campese and Alan Tongue which went within two points of ousting the Tigers in last year's memorable semi-final.

In Campese's absence, veteran recruit Matt Orford has been lumped with the responsibility of steering the team.

Raiders co-captain David Shillington said Orford was slowly getting used to his new environment.

''Last year we got the confidence and we had Campo there directing us around,'' Shillington said. ''Now we've had to adjust with some new halves.

''I think Ox [Orford] was better this week and he's going to keep getting better, because he's only trained with us for two weeks.

''But as we get that fluency and we fix up our ball control, things will start rolling good.''

Furner was guarded when asked if he would make any unforced changes to the side.

The halves combination is the most contentious issue, with under-20s captain Sam Williams putting pressure on first-choice pairing Orford and Josh McCrone.

''I need to thoroughly go over the game,'' Furner said. ''Any sort of decisions will be in-house.''

The Raiders are renowned slow starters. Last year they won only five of their first 15 games yet still made the play-offs.

But it is unlikely Furner would like his side to face sudden-death football every game for the final two months of the season to make the finals, as was the case in 2010.

Star fullback Josh Dugan will only improve after making an immediate impact in his first game of the season.

Dugan missed the opening two games with a calf complaint and was only given the green light to face the Tigers on Saturday morning.

''He's going to be better,'' Furner said. ''On the Wednesday he was still sort of hobbling around a little bit, but that's part of his building.

''I wouldn't say [he was] 100 per cent, it's the type of injury that I think wouldn't have got any worse.''

Interchange forward Dane Tilse churned through a power of work, running for 121m from 14 carries. He also made 25 tackles in 46 minutes on the field.

The Raiders reported no serious injuries from the game

http://www.canberratimes.com.au

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 02:36 AM
We're close to turning it around: Mini
Adam Gardini

Bullocking back rower Mark Minichiello is adamant the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans are close to turning their fortunes around, reminding critics that his team was just one step away from a grand final six months ago.

The Jetstar Titans were back out on the training paddock this morning, regrouping in the wake of Friday night?s tough 14-8 loss to the Broncos ahead of this weekend?s next challenge against the Raiders in Canberra.

Minichiello, who was one of the Jetstar Titans? best in their loss to the Broncos, said he and his teammates were determined to stay positive despite their winless start to the year ? declaring ?you don?t just forget how to play rugby league over night?.

?We went through the video today and there were some positive signs there,?? said Minichiello.

?There was just a couple of tries, a one-on-one miss (tackle) and a charge down and they (Broncos) played off the back of that so there were some really good signs.

?We?re staying super positive, I know that we can turn it around, there?s no doubt about that.

?We were one step away from a grand final last year and you don?t just forget how to play rugby league over night.

?We?re definitely in it to win it so I?m looking forward to this week.??
The Titans will head into the clash against Canberra without lock Ashley

Harrison, who suffered a torn hamstring against the Broncos and is likely to miss 3-4 weeks.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

Ash's injury looks more like 2 weeks out of action

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 02:38 AM
Tough choice for Titans coach John Cartwright ahead of NRL round four clash with Canberra Raiders

TITANS coach John Cartwright must weigh up whether to ignite his attack or bolster his pack as the Gold Coast prepare for a nightmare road trip to Canberra this weekend.

Staring at the very real prospect of four-straight losses to start the season, the Titans must produce a breakthrough victory over the Raiders to get their premiership campaign back on track.
But it will be no easy feat.

Canberra boast the NRL's biggest bunch of forwards and now with Queensland Origin lock Ash Harrison sidelined, a selection conundrum is looming for Cartwright.

The assistant NSW Origin coach, who names his side tomorrow, can choose to go in two very different directions.

In an attempt to fight fire with fire, Cartwright could draft big prop Matt White on to the bench and push former Test forward Brad Meyers into the back row, which would give him his largest side possible.

But after being heavily criticised for his side's poor attacking display against the Broncos, he could also choose to return either Greg Bird or Bodene Thompson to the pack in an attempt to add some spark to the backline.

Cartwright was a noted spectator at Saturday's clash between feeder clubs Burleigh and Ipswich at Pizzey Park, no doubt surveying his options.

Titans-contracted centres Clinton Toopi (Burleigh) and Joseph Tomane (Ipswich) were on show, as was pivot Luke Capewell (Ipswich) and big winger Joe Vickery (Burleigh).

Asked if the clash with Canberra shaped as a big test, Cartwright said: ''Every game is hard at the moment

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

Tamwelg
29-03-11, 08:19 AM
Titans confident for Canberra clash
Jake Dew | March 29th, 2011

TITANS coach John Cartwright will place his trust in the same men to reverse the Gold Coast's fortunes, after yesterday ruling out more changes for Saturday night's trip to the site of two of their greatest failures.

Refusing to panic despite slumping to a third straight loss, the feeling in the camp remained positive on the training paddock yesterday ahead of this weekend's adventure to Canberra to meet the desperate Raiders.

Unable to find luck against the Broncos, Cartwright felt they were close to reversing their fortunes after an inspiring effort he hoped they could build on this weekend.

And that means taking the same squad to Canberra, although Ashley Harrison will not be there after succumbing to a hamstring tear in the Brisbane loss.

''You can't lose a game and keep chopping and changing,'' said Cartwright, when asked if more changes would be made this week.

''We made some changes after the Melbourne game and for 90 per cent of the areas that win football games we were good against Brisbane.''

''There's that 10 per cent at the end where you have to come up with points.

''I know the guys there the other night all put in but that's our challenge (this weekend), to make sure that effort stays the same.''

Despite sliding to their worst start to a season since their inception in 2007, the mood within the camp remained chirpy as they ran through a crisp session yesterday.

Content their attitude was on the mark, forward Mark Minichiello, who pulled through the Melbourne and Brisbane losses unscathed on his comeback from groin surgery, said with a bit of luck their premiership aspirations would be back on track.

And their dismal Canberra record -- the Titans have never won on the road to the Raiders including a 56-10 thumping in 2007 -- counts for nothing, according to Minichiello

''We don't forget to play rugby league overnight, we are in it to win it,'' he said, adding consecutive losses also would have the Raiders smarting.

''They didn't win, every team is desperate to keep winning, especially at this stage of the comp.''

''It's always good to get off to a great start and we haven't won this year, and they've only won the once, so there's a lot up for grabs but we're ready to go.

''(But) we're staying super positive, we know we can turn it around, and there are no doubts about that because we were one game last year from a grand final.'

www.goldcoast.com.au

Boofhead
29-03-11, 10:03 AM
We are traveling to Canberra where no Gold Coast side has won in 11 starts. We go in without our rocks, Nathan Friend and Ashley Harrison. At the same time staring down the barrel of a 0-4 start to the season.

Why would they not be confident!

Mushi
29-03-11, 11:27 AM
Yes thats true but since our "rocks" are out - its time to step up for the others! We have played ok with Ash before but obviously Friendy is still a big absence for us - I have faith in the boys coming home with a win this weekend - I know we have most probably been written off by this time already but I just think our attitude will be right and we'll come home with the 2 points!

lonegull
29-03-11, 11:31 AM
it sounds like that Riley Brown will be hooker, surely carty can see what everyone sees that hooker has been a problem, the service from dummy half is slow and the passes are way of the mark

Surfers6
29-03-11, 11:48 AM
it sounds like that Riley Brown will be hooker, surely carty can see what everyone sees that hooker has been a problem, the service from dummy half is slow and the passes are way of the mark

Not as good as friend but Brown is a hooker.
other than Srama any other replacement would be playing out of position.

we need a hooker who can also make 30 tackles in friends absence.
capewll, campbell etc can not do this.

curly_11
29-03-11, 01:20 PM
1 William Zillman
2 Steve Michaels
3 Esi Tonga
4 Bodene Thompson
5 David Mead
6 Greg Bird
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Riley Brown
10 Matthew White
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ben Ridge
14 Michael Henderson
15 Sam Tagaetese
16 Ryan James
17 Preston Campbell
18 Brad Meyers

Per Titans Website.

curly_11
29-03-11, 01:21 PM
Interesting lineup!

Not sure why Meyers is 18th Man? Drop Henderson! Also good to see Ridgy get a run at Lock.

Hopefully the boys will band together and get our season started....

Boofhead
29-03-11, 01:25 PM
Interesting lineup!

Not sure why Meyers is 18th Man? Drop Henderson! Also good to see Ridgy get a run at Lock.

Hopefully the boys will band together and get our season started....

Will still be plenty of disappointed forum goers! I like the line-up, shifting Tomane into center and Bodene into lock would do it for me though!

Titan_Blue
29-03-11, 01:27 PM
Will still be plenty of disappointed forum goers! Shifting Tomane into center and Bodene into lock would do it for me!

That's how I would have gone.

Ridge? Tomane will not get a game all year if he's this down the pecking order.

Boofhead
29-03-11, 01:29 PM
Raiders: Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jarrod Croker, Joel Thompson, Daniel Vidot, Josh McCrone, Matt Orford, Dane Tilse, Travis Waddell, David Shillington (C), Trevor Thurling, Bronson Harrison (C), Shaun Fensom. Interchange (from): Glen Buttriss, Josh Miller, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Brett White, Danny Galea.

http://nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamList...8/Default.aspx

Boofhead
29-03-11, 01:42 PM
I will eat the terrible new members hat if Preston doesn't get time at 5/8.

Titanmudgee
29-03-11, 01:53 PM
Like I posted previously we have left princey impotent on the 5th tackle. Would love to know what Tomane has done to deserve to be left out of his centre position for a second rower who should be starting at lock this week. Based of his form in the Qcup over the last two starts he must have seriously annoyed Carty at a training session or something. Cause right now we need point scorers and guys who can sniff out tries. Tomane gives us that I can't see us scoring more than 12 points this weekend and believe me the raiders backline has plenty more than that with that monster forward pack. We are in big problems this weekend. I simply can not understand why great future superstars are being left out in the back paddock when they should be scoring points on the main stage. I'm at a loss here.

Raiders will win 13plus this weekend. Sorry to say that but can't see it going in any other way

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 02:01 PM
Ridge named for Titans trip to Canberra

A day after one of Roma?s most famous Rugby League exports announced his retirement, a young gun who hails from the same small town will get his chance in the NRL after Jetstar Gold Coast Titans forward Ben Ridge was today named for Saturday?s Round 4 clash against the Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium.

The 21-year-old, who grew up idolising his home-town hero Darren Lockyer, was today named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright as the replacement for injured lock Ashley Harrison (hamstring) ahead of the club?s next challenge against the Raiders.

Ridge, a first year electrical apprentice, has played four NRL matches since making his debut for the Jetstar Titans in Round 20 last season against the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Jubilee Oval.

Cartwright said Ridge was seen as a big part of the Jetstar Titans future and had earned his spot in first grade after an impressive start to the year for Queensland Cup feeder-club the Tweed Heads Seagulls.

?It?s just reward for the off-season he put in and a couple of good games with the Seagulls,?? said Cartwright.

?Not often a chance presents itself so I know he?s looking forward to it.

?He?s only very young and it can take a while to become a consistent first grade player. He had a taste of it last year and I think he?ll be better for that experience this year.

?He?s a strong young boy and he?s going to play a lot of first grade for us. Whether that be this year or in the years to come, he?s someone we see as a big part of our future.??

In the only other team change, prop Matt White has been named in the starting front row after he was 18th man last Friday night against the Broncos.

The Jetstar Titans have won four of their eight matches overall against the Raiders but are hoping to turn around their fortunes in the nation?s capital, having not beaten Canberra on their home turf in four previous attempts.

However, there has been little separating both teams in their last two clashes at Canberra Stadium, with the Titans going down 28-24 last year and 34-28 in 2009.

Cartwright said the trip to Canberra was simply another opportunity for the club to do something which hadn?t been done before.

?We?ve been to Melbourne and done the job, we?ve been to Auckland and done the job and we?ve been to Kogarah Oval and done the job which hasn?t been done in the past for a Gold Coast team so this week is another hurdle for us but it?s an extra incentive for us.??

Jetstar Titans NRL and NYC teams to take on the Raiders are listed below.

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Canberra Raiders

1 William Zillman
2 Steve Michaels
3 Esi Tonga
4 Bodene Thompson
5 David Mead
6 Greg Bird
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Riley Brown
10 Matthew White
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ben Ridge

INTERCHANGE

14 Michael Henderson
15 Sam Tagaetese
16 Ryan James
17 Preston Campbell
18 Brad Meyers

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 02:30 PM
Reshuffle for Raiders against Titans

The Canberra Raiders have shuffled their starting side for Saturday night?s match against the Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium, with Coach David Furner moving players from the bench to the starting 13.

Joe Picker is the only player missing from the 17 that lost to the Tigers last weekend, after he picked up a slight ankle injury which will sideline him for two weeks.

The loss of Picker means Trevor Thurling will get his chance to start for the Raiders for the first time in 2011, with Josh Miller and Danny Galea named on an extended Raiders bench.

Other changes this week for the Raiders come with Travis Waddell starting the game at hooker, with Glen Buttriss shifting back to the bench.

There?s also a reshuffle up front for the Green Machine, with Dane Tilse starting this weekend in place of NSW prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who will be used as an impact player from the bench.

Raiders Coach David Furner said the team was looking to get off to a better start this weekend after poor starts against the Broncos and Tigers and said Waddell, Thurling and Tilse can give the team an extra dimension.

?Our starts in the last two weeks have lacked a bit with execution in the last couple of weeks and we?ve decided to change the dynamics of the team to try and get a better start this weekend,? Furner said. ?I thought Travis? time on the field last weekend was pretty good and we were impressed with most of what he did so he gets a chance to start this weekend.

?We?ve also decided to go with Dane Tilse to start the game and mix up our front row rotation.?

1. Josh Dugan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Joel Thompson
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Josh McCrone
7. Matt Orford
8. Dane Tilse
9. Travis Waddell
10. David Shillington
11. Trevor Thurling
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Shaun Fensom

14. Glen Buttriss
15. Josh Miller
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Brett White
18. Danny Galea
one to be omitted

www.raiders.com.au

Titan2007DH
29-03-11, 02:35 PM
Ben Ridge in for Ash .. hmmm very good choice. I have a good feeling about this weekends game .. upsets all around. :)

gotitans101
29-03-11, 04:26 PM
Riley Brown again.

ffs.

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 05:47 PM
Learoyd-Lahrs on bench for Titans clash

Kangaroos starting prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs has been named on the bench for Canberra's pivotal NRL clash against Gold Coast at Canberra Stadium on Saturday.

Learoyd-Lahrs' place in the starting line-up has been taken by Dane Tilse, while Travis Waddell has also been promoted to starting hooker with Glen Buttriss shifting back to the bench.

Second rower Joe Picker is expected to be sidelined for 1-2 weeks with an ankle injury. His place in the starting line-up has been taken by Trevor Thurling, with Josh Miller injected into the squad on the bench.

Raiders coach David Furner has stuck solid with misfiring halves combination Matt Orford and Josh McCrone, resisting the urge to reinstate Toyota Cup skipper Sam Williams.

Coaster
29-03-11, 08:05 PM
New Legion Talk Podcast up

Have a listen here
Here (http://www.pdrpresident.com/LegionTalk/Titans11-4.mp3)

titansrawesome
29-03-11, 08:24 PM
wtf what another bad lineup, jesus why doesnt he ever change the lineup when in crisis, ben ridge deserves his spot but bird and thompson still being in those positions? and brown still there?

teke
30-03-11, 01:05 AM
In my eyes I dont see much difference between Bodene and Tomane. Both are about the same speed, both are big, both have good footwork, one is defensively strong while the other is good in the air...and both dont like giving it to their winger :mad:

TITAN PETE
30-03-11, 08:05 AM
wtf what another bad lineup, jesus why doesnt he ever change the lineup when in crisis, ben ridge deserves his spot but bird and thompson still being in those positions? and brown still there?

I don't see the lineup being that bad :nope: , take away the Bird-Esi missed tackle on Hodges,the charged down kick & our 2 disallowed tries then if just 1 of those drama's goes our way u would be thinking differently & we would have beaten the Bronco's when they had played their best defensive game in years..

If we play like we did last week even with a poor kicking game then we will still beat the Raiders ;)

Then next week Riley will be gone Friendy will return & this nightmare will be over :fist:

titansrawesome
30-03-11, 08:22 AM
I don't see the lineup being that bad :nope: , take away the Bird-Esi missed tackle on Hodges,the charged down kick & our 2 disallowed tries then if just 1 of those drama's goes our way u would be thinking differently & we would have beaten the Bronco's when they had played their best defensive game in years..

If we play like we did last week even with a poor kicking game then we will still beat the Raiders ;)

Then next week Riley will be gone Friendy will return & this nightmare will be over :fist:

nathan friends return will come to a chorus of cheers at skilled park one hopes

Titan_Blue
30-03-11, 10:58 AM
Interesting that Tomane has been moved from wing to centre for the Jets, possibly a request from Carty???

Chaos
30-03-11, 12:55 PM
I think we should just except that we don't have a creative 5/8 and that we wont score many points.
Lets just smash em in defense and stop the opposition from scoring...we've got the side to do it...it suits Carty but we need Prince to move off the line early and read their play.

teke
30-03-11, 01:58 PM
I think Prince should move out to 5/8 and let him do his thing. He would make an awesome 5/8 and Capes would make a quick footed tricky Halfback

TITAN PETE
30-03-11, 02:20 PM
I think Prince should move out to 5/8 and let him do his thing. He would make an awesome 5/8 and Capes would make a quick footed tricky Halfback

Mate i think this a huge chance of happening this year & hopefully soon , Carty hinted that he would try the switch when i spoke with him in the pre-season :surprise:

lonegull
30-03-11, 02:34 PM
Mate i think this a huge chance of happening this year & hopefully soon , Carty hinted that he would try the switch when i spoke with him in the pre-season :surprise:

I think it would be a winner, I Just liked the look of capewell in the trials hanging around the ruck runnign on to the offloads

timor 2
30-03-11, 03:52 PM
Hi Guys i know the games it start at 5:30? is that 5:30 in Canberra or 5:30 Qld Time as i want to go to the local pub and watch the game after work at 4:30?

Cheers Sean

Coaster
30-03-11, 04:18 PM
Hi Guys i know the games it start at 5:30? is that 5:30 in Canberra or 5:30 Qld Time as i want to go to the local pub and watch the game after work at 4:30?

Cheers Sean

Starts at 4:30 Qld

timor 2
30-03-11, 04:29 PM
Thanks Coaster...

DIEHARD
30-03-11, 04:33 PM
Hope you are gonna watch a winning game Timor. :thumbsup:

Catch up soon mate.

Rage
30-03-11, 05:03 PM
Raiders v Titans
Canberra Stadium
Saturday 5.30pm

If anything is for certain in the first game of this week?s Super Saturday clashes, it is that complacency won?t be a problem for either of these two teams who will be desperate to reverse their recent form before their seasons get away from them.

The Raiders flattered only to deceive in their Round 1 trampling of the Sharks, having been thoroughly outplayed by both Brisbane and Wests Tigers since.

The Titans actually haven?t been as bad as their current last-placed billing would suggest. They were outplayed but not outclassed against a clinical Dragons outfit in Round 1 and beat Brisbane everywhere but on the scoreboard last week, although they would prefer to forget about their drubbing from the Storm in between.

It?s already a long road back for the Titans though ? no team has ever won a comp after being placed last after three rounds. The ?best? (if you can call it that) was the 1989 Raiders outfit that went on to win after being 13th at the same stage.

Coach John Cartwright has had to make one injury-enforced change as the Titans search for their first win of the season ?Ashley Harrison has been ruled out with a hamstring injury. Ben Ridge will start at lock in his first appearance of the year after playing four games at the end of 2010. Matt White also rejoins the side and will start at prop, meaning Anthony Laffranchi goes back to the second row and Michael Henderson goes back to a five-man bench.

Canberra coach David Furner seems to have lost patience with his side?s slow starts, bringing prop Dane Tilse into the starting side and relegating Tom Learoyd-Lahrs to the bench, where he is joined by hooker Glen Buttriss, who will sit out the opening exchanges as Travis Waddell starts in his place.

The only enforced change results from an ankle injury to second-rower Joe Picker. Trevor Thurling starts in his place, and Danny Galea and Josh Miller are added to the squad.

Scott Prince ? who is one of just seven players left in the NRL to have played against the Gold Coast club in their previous incarnation as the Chargers ? is just three points shy of becoming the first player to notch 500 points for any Gold Coast club.

Watch Out Titans: Raiders off-season recruit Blake Ferguson has started the season with a bang for his new club. His five tries is the most in the league so far, and he has joined Craig Bellamy (1985) and Ruben Wiki (1994) as the only Raiders players in history to score five tries after three rounds, needing one more to match Bellamy?s unique record of six in the opening month for the Green Machine.

He is one of just two players (Billy Slater is the other) to have scored two tries from inside his own half this season.

The Titans have conceded four long-range tries, which is equal most in the league so far, which will perfectly suit Ferguson, not to mention Josh Dugan who will have blown the cobwebs out with a solid run last week. Both players love to get going in space and the Titans have already shown a tendency to struggle in this department.

Danger Sign: When you see Ferguson and Dugan drop back on the Titans? fifth tackle in mid-field position you can bet they?re both thinking the same thing: grab the ball, wind up and find some holes in any half-hearted kick-chase!

Watch Out Raiders: The last time a Gold Coast team was rooted to the foot of the table they were known as the Chargers. There are some fierce competitors on this team who will want nothing more than to start notching some wins for their club ? none more than proud skipper and crafty halfback Scott Prince, or burly prop Luke Bailey.

Prince?s 25 try assists in 2010 were second to only Panther Luke Walsh, while Bailey?s 125 metres per game was the fourth best of any forward. Bailey has aimed up further this year, so far averaging a massive 139 metres per game, the fourth best among forwards, but Prince has so far been off his game.

With Bailey guaranteed to churn out big metres and drag his side into good field position look for Prince?s passes and kicks to start hitting their mark. The Titans aren?t too far away from turning it all around ? they?re too good not to.

Danger Sign: It?s time for Prince to pull out something special. Look for a banana kick to bend its way onto the chest of a leaping David Mead, or a short ball switch to put Greg Bird through a hole close to the line.

Plays To Watch: A rampaging Learoyd-Lahrs taking no prisoners as he looks to earn back his starting spot; Greg Bird pushing his way through the line and offloading to a speeding Will Zillman; Raiders backs launching searching long-range runs at the Titans defence; pinpoint short kicks from Prince causing havoc close to the Raiders? line; and Shaun Fensom and Anthony Laffranchi trying to outdo each other in the ?most tackles? department.

Where It Will Be Won: The first 20 minutes. Now, we all now it?s the team that?s in front after 80 that gets the chocolates, but it?s the way these two teams have been starting games that has been causing them problems.

David Furner has taken the initiative here by reshuffling his starting pack in an attempt to have more impact in the early stages. The Raiders came home with a wet sail against a depleted Tigers and could have got the win if they hadn?t started so poorly. They have conceded an early try in every game so far (even in their Round 1 victory over the Sharks) and need to repair this because it?s not good enough against top teams.

The Titans conceded an early try in their first two losses and are actually yet to score in the first 20 minutes in any game this year. If they?d taken their early opportunities against Brisbane they could have put the game out of reach of the Broncos.

If one of these sides gets out to a 12-nil lead at the 20-minute mark, it could be all over.

The History: Played 8: Canberra 4, Gold Coast 4. It?s a pretty simple formula here: the Raiders have won all four games at Canberra Stadium, the Titans have won all four match-ups at Skilled Park. Neither of these sides much enjoys playing in the other?s backyard ? will the 100 per cent home side win rate continue this Saturday in the nation?s capital?

Conclusion: Neither team takes much form into this weekend?s clash but if the opening three rounds have taught us anything it?s that form doesn?t count for a whole lot once the players are out on the park.

Both sides played very well for periods last week and showed they have match-winning potential if they can put it all together for 80 minutes.

If nothing else the incredible home side bias between these two clubs has us leaning towards the Green Machine.

Watch highlights from the last time these two teams met

Match Officials: Referees ? Steve Lyons & Matt Cecchin; Sideline Officials ? Steve Carrall & Adam Reid; Video Ref ? Paul Simpkins.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 5.30pm.

* Statistics: NRL Stats.

Source: www.nrl.com

timor 2
30-03-11, 06:48 PM
Hope you are gonna watch a winning game Timor. :thumbsup:

Catch up soon mate.

Thank Brad, mate i hope we can turn the tide this week against the raiders?
hey i just heard on 7 news that Matt white could be out with suspension from the Qrl? i was talking to Matts parents and they said nothing, have you heard anything? cheers sean

DIEHARD
30-03-11, 06:55 PM
Furner keen for early roll up front

Canberra coach David Furner insists ''team dynamics'' are the reason for demoting Kangaroos prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs to the bench for Saturday's clash against Gold Coast at Canberra Stadium.

Learoyd-Lahrs will start on the pine for the crucial round-four match, with Dane Tilse taking his place in the starting line-up.

Travis Waddell has also been promoted to starting hooker, with Glen Buttriss shifting back to the bench.

Second-rower Trevor Thurling has been elevated to the starting line-up replacing Joe Picker, who will miss one to two weeks with a slight ankle injury.

The positional changes mean the Raiders boast two international props on their bench in Learoyd-Lahrs and Brett White.

Furner is hopeful the alterations to his front-row rotations will result in an improved start against the Titans, winless after three rounds.

The Raiders, themselves looking to snap a two-match losing streak after error-riddled displays against the Brisbane Broncos and Wests Tigers, have conceded the opening try in all three games so far this season.

''Our starts the last two weeks haven't been due to [a lack of] go forward, just a little bit of execution and ball control,'' Furner said.

''We're looking at the dynamics of the team and looking to change that. Our [front-row] rotation has been quite good and we have had that impact, but Tilse is a different player to Learoyd-Lahrs.

''With Tommy and Whitey coming off the bench they offer the team different styles, and I think that may suit.''

Canberra's slow starts to matches this season is in direct contrast to late last year, where it regularly dominated the opening 20 minutes of games to build big leads.

''We've done it [get off to fast starts] before and we need to do it this year as well,'' Furner said.

''It's not always the case you get on that roll [straight away], sometimes you have to fight to get back in the game.

''The last two games we've put ourselves in that position, but just a little bit of [a lack of] patience and discipline with the ball let us down.''

Furner has also stuck solid with halves duo Matt Orford and Josh McCrone, who failed to fire behind a beaten pack in last week's disappointing 34-24 loss to Wests Tigers.

The Raiders resisted the temptation to reinstate Toyota Cup playmaker Sam Williams, man of the match on NRL debut in round one against Cronulla.

After a number of players endured disrupted pre-seasons through injury, Furner was confident the back line combinations would soon fall into place.

Incoming halfback Orford played just his second match since May against the Tigers, and didn't feature in any pre-season trials due to an adductor injury.

''I think there's a number of positions we started a little bit behind,'' Furner said.

''In the trials we used different combinations with the halves, we didn't have our right edge of [Joel] Thompson and [Blake] Ferguson, and [Josh] Dugan only played one trial.

''That has played a part a little bit, and not being able to train with those players during the week.

''But if we're coming up with unforced errors, forward passes and dropped balls you're not going to give yourself much of a chance, regardless of how sharp you can be be when you complete.''

teke
31-03-11, 12:26 AM
Mate i think this a huge chance of happening this year & hopefully soon , Carty hinted that he would try the switch when i spoke with him in the pre-season :surprise:I would really love to see it happen. It's a sure thing that the backline would get the ball because captain would be barking orders to get his hands on the ball.

DIEHARD
31-03-11, 12:23 PM
Big Tom preaches discipline to the Raiders pack

Raiders prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs has placed the onus on himself and his fellow forwards to address their discipline issues after being outpointed by Brisbane and Wests Tigers.

Canberra boasts one of the NRL's best packs, but Learoyd-Lahrs conceded dropped ball and a lack of patience had negated its impact in the back-to-back losses.

Learoyd-Lahrs, an Australian regular, has been demoted to the bench in favour of Dane Tilse for Saturday's crucial home clash against Gold Coast.

Canberra completed just 19 of 29 sets in last week's loss to the Tigers, the Raiders forwards forced to get through plenty of defence as a result.

''We're not making any excuses for ourselves,'' Learoyd-Lahrs said yesterday.

''They [the Tigers] had a lot of ball and [as a result] they're fresh and in your face, but we brought that on ourselves.

''Certainly they [the opposition packs] have had the wood on us the last two weeks and we've got to turn it around.

''With the blokes we've got here, it shouldn't be happening.''

After two disappointing defeats, the 25-year-old admitted changes were inevitable.

But he was determined to accept the challenge posed by coach David Furner and regain his starting place sooner rather than later.

''Obviously I do want to start, I consider myself a starting front-rower,'' Learoyd-Lahrs said.

''Most players would be lying if they said they didn't want to start.

''My form has been steady, I don't think I've been playing poorly.

''There's a challenge there and I know I'm equal to it.

''I just have to work hard, put my head down and bum up.''

The Raiders' front-row rotations have been altered in an effort to address the side's slow starts to matches this season.

Learoyd-Lahrs declared the solution to the problem was simple completed sets.

''When you start games turning over possession and defend for the first 10 minutes, it sucks up a lot of juice,'' he said.

''The side we have, with a lot of big and powerful guys, that sometimes can nullify a bit of your impact.

''They [Gold Coast] have got threats all over the field, like the Tigers, and if we don't [complete sets] we'll find ourselves in a similar position.''

Furner hinted he may adopt a horses-for-courses approach when deciding which front-rowers start games this season based on the opposition and the side's requirements.

Canberra boasts arguably the best prop rotation in the game in Learoyd-Lahrs, David Shillington, Brett White and Tilse.

''Our front-rowers are all starting [quality] front rowers, and there will be a rotation there depending on which side we play and how it suits our team,'' he said.

''We're just looking at the dynamics of the team and a bit [more] of an impact at the start of the game.''

Travis Waddell will start at hooker against the Titans for the first time this season after impressing Furner off the bench against the Wests Tigers.

Waddell is keen to make the most of his opportunity this time around after an injury-interrupted finish to last year.

''When I got injured [last year] I was starting and playing good footy, but now I've got another chance I'm focussing on that and not worried about last year,'' Waddell said.

The 21-year-old is relishing the chance to further develop his partnership with halves Matt Orford and Josh McCrone.

''Matty's a new player to the club and we're still working out our combinations, but it's getting there slowly,'' he said.

NRL ROUND 4

CANBERRA RAIDERS v GOLD COAST TITANS

Saturday at Canberra Stadium, 5.30pm

Tickets available through Ticketek

TV Time: Live on Fox Sports 2

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 10:43 AM
About to head off to Canberra. Let's do this! I have faith! Time to win in Canberra!

Tamwelg
01-04-11, 10:50 AM
Hope your trip to Canberra is better the Melbourne trip.

lonegull
01-04-11, 11:26 AM
just heard on the radio that prince didnt finish training today and is an unlikely starter for the titans, hamstring or back problem they said

Tamwelg
01-04-11, 11:36 AM
just heard on the radio that prince didnt finish training today and is an unlikely starter for the titans, hamstring or back problem they said

Prince gives Titans injury scare
Luke Turgeon April 1st, 2011

TITANS skipper Scott Prince has thrown an injury scare through the Gold Coast camp ahead of tomorrow's clash with Canberra, after limping from the training paddock at Robina this morning.

Prince left the field about 20 minutes before the end of the session to seek treatment, with coach John Cartwright later confirming he is in doubt to tackle the Raiders.

The Titans are still trying to determine the nature of Prince's

At this stage it appears to be either a back problem or a hamstring strain.

Prince will still travel with teammates to Canberra this afternoon, with the Titans to check on his injury again tomorrow before deciding whether or not he will play.

Www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 02:21 PM
Raiders v Titans preview
Saturday 5.30pm - Canberra Stadium

If anything is for certain in the first game of this week?s Super Saturday clashes, it is that complacency won?t be a problem for either of these two teams who will be desperate to reverse their recent form before their seasons get away from them.

The Raiders flattered only to deceive in their Round 1 trampling of the Sharks, having been thoroughly outplayed by both Brisbane and Wests Tigers since.

The Titans actually haven?t been as bad as their current last-placed billing would suggest. They were outplayed but not outclassed against a clinical Dragons outfit in Round 1 and beat Brisbane everywhere but on the scoreboard last week, although they would prefer to forget about their drubbing from the Storm in between.

It?s already a long road back for the Titans though ? no team has ever won a comp after being placed last after three rounds. The ?best? (if you can call it that) was the 1989 Raiders outfit that went on to win after being 13th at the same stage.

Coach John Cartwright has had to make one injury-enforced change as the Titans search for their first win of the season ?Ashley Harrison has been ruled out with a hamstring injury. Ben Ridge will start at lock in his first appearance of the year after playing four games at the end of 2010. Matt White also rejoins the side and will start at prop, meaning Anthony Laffranchi goes back to the second row and Michael Henderson goes back to a five-man bench.

Canberra coach David Furner seems to have lost patience with his side?s slow starts, bringing prop Dane Tilse into the starting side and relegating Tom Learoyd-Lahrs to the bench, where he is joined by hooker Glen Buttriss, who will sit out the opening exchanges as Travis Waddell starts in his place.

The only enforced change results from an ankle injury to second-rower Joe Picker. Trevor Thurling starts in his place, and Danny Galea and Josh Miller are added to the squad.

Scott Prince ? who is one of just seven players left in the NRL to have played against the Gold Coast club in their previous incarnation as the Chargers ? is just three points shy of becoming the first player to notch 500 points for any Gold Coast club.

Watch Out Titans: Raiders off-season recruit Blake Ferguson has started the season with a bang for his new club. His five tries is the most in the league so far, and he has joined Craig Bellamy (1985) and Ruben Wiki (1994) as the only Raiders players in history to score five tries after three rounds, needing one more to match Bellamy?s unique record of six in the opening month for the Green Machine.

He is one of just two players (Billy Slater is the other) to have scored two tries from inside his own half this season.

The Titans have conceded four long-range tries, which is equal most in the league so far, which will perfectly suit Ferguson, not to mention Josh Dugan who will have blown the cobwebs out with a solid run last week. Both players love to get going in space and the Titans have already shown a tendency to struggle in this department.

Danger Sign: When you see Ferguson and Dugan drop back on the Titans? fifth tackle in mid-field position you can bet they?re both thinking the same thing: grab the ball, wind up and find some holes in any half-hearted kick-chase!

Watch Out Raiders: The last time a Gold Coast team was rooted to the foot of the table they were known as the Chargers. There are some fierce competitors on this team who will want nothing more than to start notching some wins for their club ? none more than proud skipper and crafty halfback Scott Prince, or burly prop Luke Bailey.

Prince?s 25 try assists in 2010 were second to only Panther Luke Walsh, while Bailey?s 125 metres per game was the fourth best of any forward. Bailey has aimed up further this year, so far averaging a massive 139 metres per game, the fourth best among forwards, but Prince has so far been off his game.

With Bailey guaranteed to churn out big metres and drag his side into good field position look for Prince?s passes and kicks to start hitting their mark. The Titans aren?t too far away from turning it all around ? they?re too good not to.

Danger Sign: It?s time for Prince to pull out something special. Look for a banana kick to bend its way onto the chest of a leaping David Mead, or a short ball switch to put Greg Bird through a hole close to the line.

Plays To Watch: A rampaging Learoyd-Lahrs taking no prisoners as he looks to earn back his starting spot; Greg Bird pushing his way through the line and offloading to a speeding Will Zillman; Raiders backs launching searching long-range runs at the Titans defence; pinpoint short kicks from Prince causing havoc close to the Raiders? line; and Shaun Fensom and Anthony Laffranchi trying to outdo each other in the ?most tackles? department.

Where It Will Be Won: The first 20 minutes. Now, we all now it?s the team that?s in front after 80 that gets the chocolates, but it?s the way these two teams have been starting games that has been causing them problems.

David Furner has taken the initiative here by reshuffling his starting pack in an attempt to have more impact in the early stages. The Raiders came home with a wet sail against a depleted Tigers and could have got the win if they hadn?t started so poorly. They have conceded an early try in every game so far (even in their Round 1 victory over the Sharks) and need to repair this because it?s not good enough against top teams.

The Titans conceded an early try in their first two losses and are actually yet to score in the first 20 minutes in any game this year. If they?d taken their early opportunities against Brisbane they could have put the game out of reach of the Broncos.

If one of these sides gets out to a 12-nil lead at the 20-minute mark, it could be all over.

The History: Played 8: Canberra 4, Gold Coast 4. It?s a pretty simple formula here: the Raiders have won all four games at Canberra Stadium, the Titans have won all four match-ups at Skilled Park. Neither of these sides much enjoys playing in the other?s backyard ? will the 100 per cent home side win rate continue this Saturday in the nation?s capital?

Conclusion: Neither team takes much form into this weekend?s clash but if the opening three rounds have taught us anything it?s that form doesn?t count for a whole lot once the players are out on the park.

Both sides played very well for periods last week and showed they have match-winning potential if they can put it all together for 80 minutes.

If nothing else the incredible home side bias between these two clubs has us leaning towards the Green Machine.

Match Officials: Referees ? Steve Lyons & Matt Cecchin; Sideline Officials ? Steve Carrall & Adam Reid; Video Ref ? Paul Simpkins.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 5.30pm.

* Statistics: NRL Stats.

Source: http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 02:22 PM
Preview: Raiders v Titans

An injury to lock Ashley Harrison may have eased a selection headache for coach John Cartwright in his effort to introduce some youth to his starting forward pack.

In the wake of three successive defeats the pressure was mounting on Cartwright to change his line-up and questions were beginning to be asked about his aging forward pack. The six that took on the Broncos last Friday night averaged close to 29 years in age and gave away almost five years per man to their Brisbane counterparts.

The senior status of his forward division was acceptable in 2010 when it was delivering regular victories but this season the results have not been forthcoming.

So Harrison's enforced lay-off has allowed Cartwright the opportunity to blood former Australian Schoolboy Ben Ridge in the starting line-up for Saturday night's trip to Canberra. The 21-year-old will have an opportunity to cement a place in the back row while Harrison recovers from a hamstring injury.

The Titans will be battling history when they take on the Raiders. Since they first met the Raiders in 2007 the team playing at home has won every game. And even more damning, no Gold Coast team has ever won in the national capital.

Look to a Canberra try as First Scoring Play and a Raiders' victory by 13+ points.

Players to circle for First Tryscorer include Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson and Daniel Vidot for the Raiders or Steve Michaels or William Zillman for the Titans.

Canberra v Gold Coast
Canberra Stadium
Saturday night 5.30pm

Canberra Raiders
1 Josh Dugan, 2 Blake Ferguson, 3 Jarrod Croker, 4 Joel Thompson, 5 Daniel Vidot, 6 Josh McCrone, 7 Matt Orford, 8 Dane Tilse, 9 Travis Waddell, 10 David Shillington [c], 11 Trevor Thurling, 12 Bronson Harrison [c], 13 Shaun Fensom. Subs: 14 Glen Buttriss, 15 Josh Miller, 16 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, 17 Brett White, 18 Danny Galea (one to be omitted).

Gold Coast Titans
1 William Zillman, 2 Steve Michaels, 3 Esikeli Tonga, 4 Bodene Thompson, 5 David Mead, 6 Greg Bird, 7 Scott Prince [c], 8 Luke Bailey, 9 Riley Brown, 10 Matthew White, 11 Anthony Laffranchi, 12 Mark Minichiello, 13 Ben Ridge. Subs: 14 Michael Henderson, 15 Sam Tagataese, 16 Ryan James, 17 Preston Campbell, 18 Brad Meyers (one to be omitted).

Prediction:
Matthew O'Neill: Titans by 2

Total Games: 24
Canberra Raiders wins: 18. [Pts: 637]
Gold Coast Titans wins: 6. [Pts: 302]
Draws: 0

Biggest wins:
Canberra Raiders: 50 pts: 1995 Australian Rugby League - Round 20 - [View] Sun Aug 13: Raiders 56 d. Gold Coast 6 [Crowd: 14031]
Gold Coast Titans: 20 pts: 2010 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 3 - [View] Sat: Gold Coast Titans 24 d. Canberra Raiders 4 [Crowd: 11521]

Biggest Crowd: 2009 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Fri: Gold Coast Titans 16 d. Canberra Raiders 10 [Crowd: 18510]

http://www.rleague.com/

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 02:57 PM
Raiders need to lift at home

CANBERRA RAIDERS v GOLD COAST TITANS
Canberra Stadium, Saturday April 2 at 5.30pm
Referees: Steve Lyons & Matt Cecchin

WHAT?S AT STAKE
The Raiders have been below their best the past two weeks and will be keen to make amends against the Gold Coast Titans this weekend in front of a big home crowd. The Raiders have reshuffled their starting side with Travis Waddell and Dane Tilse set to start, while Trevor Thurling gets his chance in the starting side with injury to Joe Picker.

STATS BOX

HEAD TO HEAD

Played 8, Canberra 4, Gold Coast 4

AT CANBERRA STADIUM

Played 4, Canberra 4, Gold Coast 0

LAST 8 CLASHES

2010 - CANBERRA 28 d. GOLD COAST 24 at Canberra Stadium;
GOLD COAST 24 d. CANBERRA 4 at Skilled Park.

2009 - CANBERRA 34 d. GOLD COAST 28 at Canberra Stadium;
GOLD COAST 16 d. CANBERRA 10 at Skilled Park.

2008 - CANBERRA 46 d. GOLD COAST 4 at Canberra Stadium;
GOLD COAST 32 d. CANBERRA 12 at Skilled Park.

2007 - CANBERRA 56 d. GOLD COAST 10 at Canberra Stadium;
GOLD COAST 28 d. CANBERRA 8 at Gold Coast Stadium.

Biggest Head-To-Head Wins

CANBERRA 56 d. GOLD COAST 10 at Canberra Stadium, 2007.
GOLD COAST 28 d. CANBERRA 8 at Gold Coast Stadium, 2007.

MATCH-UPS

Josh Dugan ? William Zillman
Dugan returns home this weekend to play his first game at Canberra Stadium for 2011. Dugan showed glimpses of his talent last weekend against the Tigers and will be better for his first run of the season. His opponent Zillman is a dangerous player and is no stranger to the turf of Canberra Stadium.

Blake Ferguson ? Steve Michaels
Ferguson is fast gaining fans among the Raiders faithful and has scored an incredible five tries in three matches this season. His ability to find the tryline is something the Raiders will try to feed as much as possible. Michaels showed last weekend he?s a tremendous talent scoring a superb solo try. He possesses lightning pace and good footwork.

Travis Waddell ? Riley Brown
Waddell gets his chance to start this weekend and will be looking to get the Raiders forwards rolling down the centre of the field. He needs to provide good crisp service from dummy half and if he can, it will benefit his team immensely. Brown is a smart hooker who is doing a solid job filling in for regular nine Nathan Friend.

HE SAID IT ? with Travis Waddell
?I?m really looking forward to getting my chance to start the game and I can?t wait to get out there Saturday afternoon.?

WORTH NOTING

* The Raiders have never lost to the Titans at Canberra Stadium.
* Josh Dugan plays his first home game of the season
* Trevor Thurling, Travis Waddell and Dane Tilse will start for the first time this year
* The Raiders Toyota Cup kicks off against the Titans at 3.15pm

http://www.raiders.com.au

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 03:00 PM
Funny how every time we meet the Raiders, it is the home team that wins.

Let's hope that we can break this record!

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 03:23 PM
Michaels another Can-Do Campbell

TITANS coach John Cartwright has paid Steve Michaels the ultimate compliment by comparing his effect on the team to that of inspirational veteran Preston Campbell.

Michaels was a standout in last week's narrow loss against the Broncos, with his fearless kick returns a highlight on a night that ended badly for the Gold Coast.

Shifted to the wing in a backline reshuffle, Michaels added impact from the back, showing no sign of self-preservation as he attempted to spark the Titans attack.

"He is a tremendous player," Cartwright said.

"The side gets a lot out of the way he plays.

"He is a bit like Preston, there is not a lot of him but he is all heart. He is a very passionate player.

"He was playing against his old club last week, so there was a bit extra in the game for him and he probably felt it a bit more than most when we didn't get a result."

As well as crossing for the Titans' only try against the Broncos -- a cracking solo effort polished with a clever chip-and-chase -- Michaels finished with the most metres (182m), five tackle busts and two line breaks.

Michaels has been named on the flank tomorrow against the Raiders, with Esi Tonga suiting up in the centres in his second game back from a horror 18-month run with injury.

A Justin Hodges try down the Titans' left side proved the difference last weekend and the task doesn't get any easier for Tonga and Michaels against the Raiders, opposite try-scoring machine Blake Ferguson and Joel Thompson.

Ferguson is the leading try-scorer in the NRL, with five from the first three rounds.

He is also one of just two players, the other being Storm fullback Billy Slater, to score two tries from inside his own half this season.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Blazertaser
01-04-11, 03:28 PM
Preview: Raiders v Titans

Prediction:
Matthew O'Neill: Titans by 2

Total Games: 24
Canberra Raiders wins: 18. [Pts: 637]
Gold Coast Titans wins: 6. [Pts: 302]
Draws: 0

Biggest wins:
Canberra Raiders: 50 pts: 1995 Australian Rugby League - Round 20 - [View] Sun Aug 13: Raiders 56 d. Gold Coast 6 [Crowd: 14031]
Gold Coast Titans: 20 pts: 2010 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 3 - [View] Sat: Gold Coast Titans 24 d. Canberra Raiders 4 [Crowd: 11521]

Biggest Crowd: 2009 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Fri: Gold Coast Titans 16 d. Canberra Raiders 10 [Crowd: 18510]

http://www.rleague.com/

I think they've made a mistake here :doh:

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 03:47 PM
RLEAGUE likes to use the records of the old Gold Coast teams - Giants, Seagulls and Chargers and combines them with the Titans.

Confusing I know!

Tamwelg
01-04-11, 04:45 PM
Just a quick update on @scottprince7 he has travelled to Canberra and a decision on his fitness will be made prior to kick off. #gctitans
web ? 1/04/11 16:10

Actions twitter

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 12:50 PM
Prince good chance to take on Raiders

TITANS skipper Scott Prince is considered a good chance of brushing aside an injury scare and taking his place against the Raiders for today's crucial encounter in Canberra.

The Gold Coast halfback sent a major fright through the Titans camp yesterday morning when he failed to finish the final training session at Robina.

In obvious discomfort, Prince abruptly left the field to seek medical treatment after feeling a twinge in his hamstring.

Following consultation with club medical staff, the decision was made that Prince would still travel to Canberra with teammates yesterday afternoon, with the final call on whether or not he plays to be made this morning.

Gold Coast Titans news and photo galleries
Have your say on the feedback form below
"They are not sure what the cause of the pain is," Cartwright said. "It could be neural and in that case he should be right.

"If it is neural it means it stems from the back and it is something they can treat.

"But if there is a strain there, more than likely he won't play.

"We will need 24 hours before we know."

Prince has been carrying a suspect hamstring through the early rounds and club insiders expect him to line up against Canberra. But if he does play, he will most likely abandon his goal kicking duties. This could create a new headache for Cartwright.

Veteran Preston Campbell is also an accomplished goal kicker, but in his new impact role spends large amounts of time off the field.

Greg Bird is the only other Titan with NRL goal kicking experience, but he has booted just six in his 131-game career.

If Prince is out, Campbell will slot straight into halfback, with four forwards to fill the interchange bench.

Compounding the Prince drama is the fact the club's top two tackling machines, lock Ash Harrison (hamstring) and Nathan Friend (shoulder), are also sidelined with injuries.

"There is 100 tackles right there," Titans prop Luke Bailey said. "Everyone knows what they bring to the table and we just have to each bring an extra 10-15 per cent."

Both Friend and Harrison are expected to return next week against the Cowboys in Townsville.

Maroons Origin lock Harrison has been the Titans best player so far this season, while tough hooker Friend has been widely heralded as the missing piece of the puzzle for the Coast.

The Titans are yet to win a game without Friend, losing seven from seven.

With Friend in the team the Titans have won 52 of 96 matches (54.2 per cent).

"He is like Cameron Smith and Robbie Farah, you take them out of the game and it makes a big hole," Bailey said.

"He is letting the boys know that we need him and he is using for his contract with Searley (Titans boss Michael Searle) as a bit of a bargaining chip.

"We are going to put in a good result this week and hopefully he will be right for the Cowboys."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 12:51 PM
Bailey: Titans must lift

Gold Coast Titans prop Luke Bailey believes his team-mates must lift 10 to 15 percent to cover up the gaping holes left by injured duo Ashley Harrison and Nathan Friend, or risk seeing their season slip away.

The Titans begin a horror fortnight on the road on Saturday night against the Canberra Raiders, tasked with breaking their duck and reviving their premiership dreams.

Those three defeats on the trot were hard enough without the inspirational Friend but after Harrison twinged his hamstring in last weekend's loss to Brisbane, the outlook became even more barren for the Coast - particularly with a follow-up trip to Townsville next on the calendar.

Add in the injury cloud hovering over captain Scott Prince and their winless record in Canberra and the Titans look to be easy pickings for the Green Machine, but Bailey says the side will have to simply grin and bear their situation until names start to reappear on the teamsheet.

"You take out 100 tackles there (with Harrison and Friend injured). Everyone knows what they bring to the table. We're going to have to bring an extra 10, 15 per cent," Bailey said.

"Friendy is the missing link. It's hard to say and it's hurting inside but he is. He's like Cameron Smith, he's like Robbie Farah. You take them out of the game and it leaves a big hole. He's letting the boys know that we need him."

"Nobody has taken into consideration that we've had the 9, 6, 7 and 1 changing in the last couple of weeks. I thought we were almost there last week and the boys went well. Again, Harro was our outstanding player but with that little bit extra, we'll be sweet."

As bad as an 0-3 start looks for a side that was expected to go a long way in the finals, Bailey believes Gold Coast's fortunes can turn around if they continue to work hard.

Either side of Round 2's mauling by Melbourne lie two acceptable performances.

There were enough good moments in the Titans' season opener against St. George Illawarra to be satisfied with a loss against the club world champions, while they just could not make their dominance count against the Broncos a week ago.

But moral victories ultimately do little to suppress the hunger for premiership points and Bailey remains confident of springing a surprise or two in the nation's capital.

"It's going to be a tough one for us. We're none from three but I'm very confident that we can do some damage down there," he said.

"Call it an upset or whatever, we played good football against the Broncs and we're going to take it down to Canberra. Everything is against us but I'm fully confident that the boys can match it against their big pack."

"The boys are still pretty pumped. We've never won down there so hopefully that gives us more fire in the belly to prove a few people wrong."

http://www.sportal.com.au/

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 12:52 PM
Learoyd-Lahrs tipped to explode off bench

CANBERRA co-captain David Shillington has predicted a fired-up Tom Learoyd-Lahrs will wreak havoc on an unsuspecting Gold Coast outfit tonight.

Learoyd-Lahrs has been dropped to the bench for the pivotal round-four match at Canberra Stadium, with Raiders coach David Furner turning to the impressive Dane Tilse, who was easily the side's most damaging forward in last week's 34-24 loss to the Wests Tigers.

The move was somewhat of a surprise, considering Learoyd-Lahrs is an incumbent in the NSW and Kangaroos' forward packs.

Shillington expects the switch to produce fireworks when Learoyd-Lahrs takes on a weary defensive line.

''Often that's a tactic from coaches, to bring your power players off the bench,'' Shillington said. ''Tommy's fast and explosive. When the Titans get a bit tired, hopefully he can come on and start making some line breaks and tackle busts and get us rolling forward.''

Tilse was a revelation against the Tigers, running for 121 metres from 14 hit-ups and racking up 25 tackles, all in just 46 minutes on the field.

Shillington admitted himself and Learoyd-Lahrs had been guilty of some soft defence during Canberra's two-game losing streak. ''Tommy's a bit disappointed being on the bench but he's aware of where he's at with his defence, so am I,'' Shillington said.

''We're pretty similar in our defensive abilities at the moment. We've both got some stuff to work on, so we'll try and fix that up over the next week or two.''

Even this early in the season, victory is essential if the Raiders want to stay in touch with the top eight.

Seen as possible premiership contenders in the off-season, a blight of handling errors and missed tackles has hindered the Raiders' campaign so far.

Their opponents face a similar outlook. With the Titans anchored to the bottom of the NRL table, a fourth straight defeat would heap the pressure on John Cartwright's squad.

Raiders coach David Furner emphasised the importance of tonight's contest. ''It's nearly like a must-win game,'' Furner said. ''Last time we played at home we weren't at our best. We didn't give ourselves an opportunity last week, and that's disappointing.''

Furner has resisted the temptation to make mass changes. Hooker Glen Buttriss will join Learoyd-Lahrs on the interchange bench, with Indigenous All Stars representative Travis Waddell moving into the No.9 jersey. Trevor Thurling comes into the starting side for injured second-rower Joe Picker (ankle), with club stalwart Josh Miller called on to the bench.

''Trev provides a lot of energy for us and speed around the ruck,'' Shillington said. ''Hopefully he can run some good lines on the edge and catch them out a bit. He's pretty powerful. He's only 95 kilograms but he hits the line as hard as the 110-kilo blokes with his speed and power. He plays well above his weight range.''

The Raiders and Titans have split their eight previous meetings. However, the Queenslanders are yet to win in the national capital.

Shillington is wary of reading too much into the history books, after the Broncos tore apart the form book a fortnight ago, hammering the Raiders 20-4.

''The Titans will come down desperate,'' Shillington said. ''The Broncos did that the other week coming off a bad loss in round one, and we saw what sort of performance they put in.''

Source: http://www.smh.com.au

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 12:53 PM
Change of plans for me today, I didn't go down to Canberra for reasons out of my control, including having an assignment due on Monday and my group partner bailing on me and withdrawing from the course.

But there is a big couple of weeks for the Titans ahead and it means more time to work on Titans stuff.

But Ill be at the T Bar, leaving soon.

isaiah
02-04-11, 01:47 PM

doing what to the donkeys?

isaiah
02-04-11, 01:50 PM
Oh I never underestimate the Broncos...

I see the NRL as a war, but the war against the Broncos is a whole new and independent battleground in my books.

thats why it was so good to see hodges go over for the match winner.
broncs upset raiders in canberra, lets see tonight if you are pretenders!

isaiah
02-04-11, 01:57 PM
1 William Zillman
2 Steve Michaels
3 Esi Tonga
4 Bodene Thompson
5 David Mead
6 Greg Bird
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Riley Brown
10 Matthew White
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ben Ridge
14 Michael Henderson
15 Sam Tagaetese
16 Ryan James
17 Preston Campbell
18 Brad Meyers

Per Titans Website.

the selection of this is a disgrace, didn't anyone who picked this see riley brown last week? oh well, 20 minutes till matt srama runs on in the 20's and kills it again.

isaiah
02-04-11, 01:59 PM
tits were only allowed to play as well as they did in attack last week by the best defence in the nrl.
raiders won't win with 40% possession

gotitans101
02-04-11, 02:08 PM
yea, I might have been a little more confident about today's game had Riley Brown not been named in this team again. ffs.

We need Friendy back asap. I was under the impression he was supposed to be back in round 3 but obviously he wasn't, and I haven't heard anything else.

bigjim
02-04-11, 02:54 PM
Toyota Cup team have caught the disease from the NRL team.
There is a real problem in the camp.
Nobody seems to know how to defend.

Harrison out, Friend out and now Prince. Have change all my tips to Canberra and if you think the week before last was embarrassing, watch out today.
I forecast a 40 point plus thrashing.

Ryan
02-04-11, 02:58 PM
thats why it was so good to see hodges go over for the match winner.
broncs upset raiders in canberra, lets see tonight if you are pretenders!

tits were only allowed to play as well as they did in attack last week by the best defence in the nrl.
raiders won't win with 40% possession

'The best defense in the NRL' conceded 1500mts to the 'tits' - the oldest pack in the NRL had the donkeys running backwards all night. It was nothing more than the 'tits' inability to attack that saved the donkeys ass by a mere 6 points, not to mention the 2 contentious disallowed tries.

Brisbane have been rubbish in the first 4 rounds, it is only sub-par opposition that has let them get away with wins. Cowboys missed 51 tackles against them and still won! And Canberra only had a 55% completion rate when you beat them. Last nights game was nothing to boast about. Donkey's are yet to play competitive teams like Dragons & Storm, the pretenders will be exposed soon enough.....

Boofhead
02-04-11, 03:59 PM
Calling it... First team to score wins.

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 04:55 PM
crap defence there by the backs there

amaline
02-04-11, 05:03 PM
Dugan will be a huge blow for them. We're looking pretty good.

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 05:08 PM
i think canberra are just very unmotivated compared to us, i like campbell at 5/8 next week too

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 05:17 PM
michaels should have battered that dead ugh

Ryan
02-04-11, 05:22 PM
michaels should have battered that dead ugh
Didn't get the bounce! ugh

Vintage Bird: breaking the line in every run and creating plenty....

Rage
02-04-11, 05:22 PM
Half time:
Titans 12 - Raiders 10

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 05:26 PM
Didn't get the bounce! ugh

never take the chance of a bounce ryan, always take the drop out, ill forgive michaels for this one because he rarely messes up, i dont know about you but i would like campbell at 5/8 next week, we should win this but i dont htink we should get ahead of ourselves should we win, i would like mead at toopis centre and tomane on the wing and friend back at 9 and thats probably it

bigjim
02-04-11, 05:33 PM
Impressed with first half. Game only half over though.

Rage
02-04-11, 05:49 PM
Dammit looks like Campbell's injured

CairnsTitan
02-04-11, 05:49 PM
why the **** is bird chip kicking to a side with vidot and fergoson, none of our guys will out jump them ffs

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 05:52 PM
our backline defence is abysmal today all tries have come by stupid ways, bird like i said should be lock but our long kicker while at lock like anasta he has a good boot on him

Rage
02-04-11, 05:54 PM
Looks like we have some luck on our side. Got the ball 10m out from their line and scored a soft try.

Bird misses the conversion though so 16 all now.

Also, minor update on Presto - it's his right knee

Boofhead
02-04-11, 06:01 PM
Mead is useless.

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 06:07 PM
Mead is useless.

i disagree.

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 06:08 PM
you effing idiot brown you effed us again

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 06:15 PM
wow 22-22 good **** birdie

Rage
02-04-11, 06:22 PM
Bird gets the field goal!!
Titans Win!

titansrawesome
23-22 titans 81st FG by good ole birdie

Boofhead
I RETRACT, THE BOYS DID IT!!!

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 06:26 PM
I RETRACT, THE BOYS DID IT!!!

good win but you guys HAVE to admit we did not play good again and we need a lot of changes, thompson on the bench and tomane on the wing and mead at that centre, friend in for brown and i like campbell at hf and i like zillman filling in at half too, bird to lock but playing the ball running style like today and he does the long kicks, now thats a good tweaking

bigjim
02-04-11, 06:26 PM
Friend out. Harrison out. Prince out.
3 zipp
Change all my tips to Canberra to win.
Titans win golden point 1 point ---- Couldn't be happier

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 06:27 PM
what did i say too if orford plays we win haha

Ryan
02-04-11, 06:28 PM
Tackle breaks, line breaks, try assist, try, goal, field goal, long kicking, bombs, MOM I assume - not bad for a 'not a 5/8' I guess? :salute:

gotitans101
02-04-11, 06:29 PM
Had the Titans tipped all week until 30 minutes before game when I changed to the Raiders. The one time I tip against the Titans they win. . . :o

edit: +1 to the post below me...although to be fair, the Raiders weren't anything special either....

dee13
02-04-11, 06:30 PM
Wow... Scott Prince to Ipswich next week. We play better without him.

Rage
02-04-11, 06:31 PM
Was a gritty win but finally can carry some momentum into the next game, esp with all our returning players. Was happy with Presto being at 5/8th and Prince at halfback but dunno how Presto's gonna pull up.

Rage
02-04-11, 06:32 PM
Wow... Scott Prince to Ipswich next week. We play better without him.

It is eerie that we always win tough games with Presto at halfback and no Prince... I'd love to see them play together in the halves though

Ryan
02-04-11, 06:33 PM
good win but you guys HAVE to admit we did not play good again and we need a lot of changes, thompson on the bench and tomane on the wing and mead at that centre, friend in for brown and i like campbell at hf and i like zillman filling in at half too, bird to lock but playing the ball running style like today and he does the long kicks, now thats a good tweaking
STFU!

They played without Friend, Harro, Prince and Presto - They show f'loads of ticker and they come away with a massve underdog win. Take your illiterate dribble to the sh!t house where it belongs and give credit when credit is due!

Boofhead
02-04-11, 06:34 PM
Tackle breaks, line breaks, try assist, try, goal, field goal, long kicking, bombs, MOM I assume - not bad for a 'not a 5/8' I guess? :salute:

Bittersweet mate! Bird is the ****ing word!

What a birthday gift...

gotitans101
02-04-11, 06:36 PM
I don't really understand why you'd want to get Tomane back into the side so desperately, he was a turnstile in defence the last time he played a first grade game.

Riley Brown was no better than the past few weeks either. This guy HAS to go.

Supergoose
02-04-11, 06:40 PM
Woo-hoo. Well done boys, savour the victory. Bird showed what a great attacking weapon he can be, Bodene was great, Bailey awesome and all the starting forwards played well (except Brown who is terrible). Esi still finding his feet and Bird missing tackles inside him doesn't help. Mead and Zillman solid without being spectacular and we will miss Campbell something rotten. Tagataese and James were fairly ordinary and both looked slow, even Meyers looked quicker than them. We need more energy then they both bring. The anti-Henderson sentiment on this forum earlier this week should go quiet a's he had a great game today. He does all the little things well and his hands were great (the one he lost was stripped out). He bent blokes back in defence and he played well). Interesting to see how we go next week if both Campbell and Prince are out. Surely Capewell comes in. We desperately need some more impact out wide. Move Thompson back in to the pack and Tomane onto the wing and Meas in the centres. Might be time for James and/or Taga to get some minutes in Q-Cup. Looks like they're running on empty. Got out of jail today, got to be better next week.

kwigibo
02-04-11, 06:53 PM
We can't get our own crowd to react when the opposition practically cheats their way to victory, where the raiders fans boo for offside when they're making 10+ uncontested metres every tackle in a set. Raiders fans may not be able to count to ten, but they have passion for their team. They also lost, suck it boys.

isaiah
02-04-11, 07:03 PM
Toyota Cup team have caught the disease from the NRL team.
There is a real problem in the camp.
Nobody seems to know how to defend.

Harrison out, Friend out and now Prince. Have change all my tips to Canberra and if you think the week before last was embarrassing, watch out today.
I forecast a 40 point plus thrashing.

oh, did you go off too early?

amaline
02-04-11, 07:11 PM
Bird and Zillman halves next week if Prince and Campbell are out?

Coaster
02-04-11, 07:18 PM
One of the moat courageous victories of our club. Our forwards are simply outstanding. Ben Ridge is a superstar he set the tone of the whole game.

isaiah
02-04-11, 07:33 PM
'The best defense in the NRL' conceded 1500mts to the 'tits' - the oldest pack in the NRL had the donkeys running backwards all night. It was nothing more than the 'tits' inability to attack that saved the donkeys ass by a mere 6 points, not to mention the 2 contentious disallowed tries.

Brisbane have been rubbish in the first 4 rounds, it is only sub-par opposition that has let them get away with wins. Cowboys missed 51 tackles against them and still won! And Canberra only had a 55% completion rate when you beat them. Last nights game was nothing to boast about. Donkey's are yet to play competitive teams like Dragons & Storm, the pretenders will be exposed soon enough.....

lol, what is the use of gaining 1500 mstres if you score 1 try. our on line defence was superb. you are in trouble if you havent lost to those 2 competitive teams yet but are 0 and 4. talk about lucky wins, you had matt awful knock on 10 metres out at the scrumbase leading by 6 with 40 seconds to go, rofl at you, pretender

amaline
02-04-11, 07:33 PM
One of the moat courageous victories of our club. Our forwards are simply outstanding. Ben Ridge is a superstar he set the tone of the whole game.

I was very impressed with him. Especially the distance he covered to assist with Thompson's try. Every one else on our team stood around. He was very tough in defense.

GCTitans11
02-04-11, 07:48 PM
Yeah go and gloat in the Broncos Forum isaiah don't want to hear it.... :-)

Coaster
02-04-11, 07:49 PM
lol, what is the use of gaining 1500 mstres if you score 1 try. our on line defence was superb. you are in trouble if you havent lost to those 2 competitive teams yet but are 0 and 4. talk about lucky wins, you had matt awful knock on 10 metres out at the scrumbase leading by 6 with 40 seconds to go, rofl at you, pretender

Bring the thread off topic again and you get the
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/coasterphotos15/banhammer.jpg

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 08:02 PM
OH YEEESSSSS!!!!!

Just got back from the Titanium Bar with The Legion and other Titans fans! Even Ryan from Section 31 was there! It was such a great atmosphere and a great turn out and we were well rewarded!!!! The place erupted when we won!!

OMG! The Raiders produced two of the mistakes that you dream about! And we get that magic try, with like zero seconds left! And then we snap that field goal, BIRD IS THE WORD!

Probably our greatest victory! Given the fact that we did it without Prince, Friend and Ash. WE ACTUALLY WON WITHOUT FRIENDY!

Bring on the COWBOYS!

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 08:03 PM
Yeah go and gloat in the Broncos Forum isaiah don't want to here it.... :-)

Welcome to the Titans Forum! Wooooo! :thumbsup:

GoldCoastTitans100
02-04-11, 08:13 PM
In the short time Zillman played HB he showed he should be in the halves for the long run.

GCTitans11
02-04-11, 08:18 PM
Chears mate.... I finally joined up after two years of reading this forum.... I have been a bit worried lately alot bagging the boys due to their poor performances. Good to get a win today wasn't pretty but I will take it. Will build confidence for next weeks game against the cowboys.

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 08:25 PM
Titans break Canberra hoodoo in golden point thriller
Adam Gardini

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans kick-started their season with one of the club?s most spirited victories, a thrilling 23-22 golden point win over the Raiders at Canberra Stadium tonight.

The Titans defied the loss of both captain Scott Prince pre-match and then replacement halfback Preston Campbell to level the scores right on fulltime courtesy of an Anthony Laffranchi try before five-eighth Greg Bird stepped up with the match winning field goal.

The much needed win not only kick-started the Titans season after three losses to begin the year but also saw the club break a Canberra hoodoo with their first win in the nation?s capital since 2007.

The Titans led 12-10 at halftime but looked to be staring down the barrell of their fourth straight defeat when the Raiders led 22-16 with less than one minute remaining and the scrum feed at their disposal.

However, an error from halfback Matt Orford off the scrum gave the Titans one last chance, with backrower Laffranchi scoring a remarkable try right on fulltime and Bird landing the conversion to send the game into extra time.

Capitalising on an error from Raiders winger Blake Ferguson in the opening exchanges of extra time, Bird calmy potted the match winning field goal off the ensuing scrum to seal the club?s first win for 2011 and end a Canberra hoodoo.

The Titans opened the scoring after 11 minutes when Bird showed some great determination to barge his way over, with replacement goal kicker Campbell adding the extras for a 6-nil lead.

The Raiders hit back though through centre Joel Thompson to level the scores at 6-all before interchange prop Brad Meyers also barged his way over next to the posts to give the visitors a 12-lead after 28 minutes.

However, the Titans were dealt a blow on halftime when winger Daniel Vidot pounced on a grubber kick to score in the corner and reduce the margin to 12-10 at halftime.

The arm wrestle continued after the break but it was the home side that struck first, with centre Jarrod Croker scoring to give the Raiders the lead for the first time at 16-12 with 23 minutes remaining in the match.

The Titans were faced with another hurdle when Campbell left the fieldt with a knee injury but young centre Bodene Thompson showed plenty of strength to barge his way through several Raiders defenders for a strong try to level things up at 16-all after Bird?s conversion attempt hit the post.

Both sides continued to trade blows before prop Dane Tilse continued the theme of the day by barging his way over under the posts to give the home side a 22-16 lead inside the final 10 minutes.

It looked to be the match winning try until Laffranchi and Bird produced their heroics to seal the match.

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 08:28 PM
Golden point heartbreak

The Canberra Raiders have suffered a gut-wrenching 23-22 golden-point loss to the Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium.

With the Raiders leading 22-16 in the final minute of play, a mistake from veteran halfback Matt Orford led to Anthony Laffranchi scoring a try that Greg Bird converted to take the game into extra time.

Another of Canberra's recruits, winger Blake Ferguson, went from hero to villain in the early stages of golden point.

The former Shark collected a downfield kick from Bird and then spilled the ball10 metres from his own line.

From the ensuing scrum, Bird slotted over a field goal from the first tackle to give Gold Coast a 23-22 win.

Canberra's loss was compounded by an injury to fullback Josh Dugan, who suffered a recurrence of his left calf injury midway through the first half.

It remains unclear whether he will be fit to take on Penrith in Sydney next Saturday night.

Source: http://www.canberratitans.com.au

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 08:28 PM
Bird lands crucial kick for Titans' win

A GREG Bird golden point field goal secured the Gold Coast Titans their first win of the 2011 NRL season and their first ever win in Canberra when they defeated the Raiders 23-22 tonight.

Bird's wobbly drop punt was the winner, but Anthony Laffranchi's try right on full-time gave him the opportunity in what was a fierce and physical game.

The Titans heinous injury count -- Kevin Gordon and Nathan Friend are long-term absences -- climbed even further with captain and starting halfback Scott Prince ruled out before the game with a hamstring strain.

His replacement, veteran Preston Campbell lasted until 20 minutes into the second half when a right knee injury saw him retreat up the tunnel.

But the Titans were much improved on their first three losses of 2011, fighting back strongly each time the Raiders surged.

In the first half, Titans scored through Bird and replacement forward Brad Meyers, and led 12-10 at halftime.

The Raiders looked to have the momentum in the second term, however, scoring tries through Jarrod Croker, and Dane Tilse, to lead 22-16 with just under 13 minutes to play.

It looked all over when Ryan James spilled the ball with a minute to play but crucial mistakes -- a knock-on by Matt Orford and a spilled kick return by Blake Ferguson for the Raiders -- gave the Titans every opportunity.

The Titans now play the Cowboys in Townsville on Friday night, which promises to be a cracking Queensland derby.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 08:30 PM
Chears mate.... I finally joined up after two years of reading this forum.... I have been a bit worried lately alot bagging the boys due to their poor performances. Good to get a win today wasn't pretty but I will take it. Will build confidence for next weeks game against the cowboys.

Ah I love it when a ghost signs up!

Yes it will bring alot of confidence, especially when Ash, Scott and Friend return.

AND WE WON IN CANBERRA! IT'S OUR HOUSE NOW!

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 08:33 PM
STFU!

They played without Friend, Harro, Prince and Presto - They show f'loads of ticker and they come away with a massve underdog win. Take your illiterate dribble to the sh!t house where it belongs and give credit when credit is due!

suck my willy ryan , way to bring your personal feelings into a match topic thread, your delusional if you think this was a good performance, we capitalised on 2 of the worst errors in nrl history and won but without the orford knockon it would have been 22-16 raiders. i know you like debating since you said so last year but please go troll on sherdog.com if you want debates

GoldCoastTitans100
02-04-11, 08:39 PM
suck my willy ryan , way to bring your personal feelings into a match topic thread, your delusional if you think this was a good performance, we capitalised on 2 of the worst errors in nrl history and won but without the orford knockon it would have been 22-16 raiders. i know you like debating since you said so last year but please go troll on sherdog.com if you want debates

Agreed

Coaster
02-04-11, 08:39 PM
your delusional if you think this was a good performance, we capitalised on 2 of the worst errors in nrl history and won but without the orford knockon it would have been 22-16 raiders.

One of the most courageous victory's i have seen, without the 3 piggyback penalties in the first half, it would have been 18-6 to us, and we would have cantered in.

We lose Preston, we have nearly every player out of position, we fight to the very last second, and then beyond it.

I am proud to be associated with every single one of them

titansrawesome
02-04-11, 08:43 PM
One of the most courageous victory's i have seen, without the 3 piggyback penalties in the first half, it would have been 18-6 to us, and we would have cantered in.

We lose Preston, we have nearly every player out of position, we fight to the very last second, and then beyond it.

I am proud to be associated with every single one of them

i agree however you must agree that the performance was not good enough we could have played a lot better and as i said we really should have lost it but thank kord we capitalised on orfords mistake(i told yall hed make us win it) we would have lost, you cant be happy with bidene at centre either or brown at hooker, they showed heart but we arent world beaters after 1 scrappy courageous win

GoldCoastTitans100
02-04-11, 08:43 PM
We lose Preston, we have nearly every player out of position,

Please explain how losing Preston makes everyone out of position

amaline
02-04-11, 08:45 PM
Please explain how losing Preston makes everyone out of position

Zillman at halfback, Mead at fullback, Brown having to play more minutes than he would have otherwise, Bird having to take a more dominant play making role. Not everyone but it had a fair big impact.

GoldCoastTitans100
02-04-11, 08:54 PM
Zillman at halfback, Mead at fullback, Brown having to play more minutes than he would have otherwise, Bird having to take a more dominant play making role. Not everyone but it had a fair big impact.

Mead has played Fullback before so not much of a change for him, Zillman has played in the halves in the past and he showed a lot of ability and IMO Bird did not have to take a more dominant role because TP done what Preston was doing.

I can see what your saying but it wasn't that bad

Boonarga
02-04-11, 08:57 PM
Not our best footy but a great win. We needn't worry about where Bird plays next week. He will be having a little holiday.
Also, Ben Ridge will play for Australia within 3 years.

amaline
02-04-11, 09:00 PM
Mead has played Fullback before so not much of a change for him, Zillman has played in the halves in the past and he showed a lot of ability and IMO Bird did not have to take a more dominant role because TP done what Preston was doing.

I can see what your saying but it wasn't that bad

Yeah, I don't think Coaster was arguing that it the changes put us in a really bad position, but for players to come together and win like they did, not playing in positions they play each week, is a pretty special effort.

Coaster
02-04-11, 09:04 PM
I have no doubt we can play beter, but my point was courageous. That was a fantastic effort by our forwards, that were outstanding. White and Ridge IMO standouts.

Courage is all I ask for, and we got it in spades

isaiah
02-04-11, 09:14 PM
Yeah go and gloat in the Broncos Forum isaiah don't want to hear it.... :-)

lol, where is that broncos forum?

teke
02-04-11, 09:17 PM
:laugh:

You guys are a crack up commenting during the game. I was spilling beer throughout my loungeroom and would never be able to calm myself to type a single simple sentence. What a finish to the game.

Bird stood up today and made it count.

What feeder club is Prince contracted to?

Ridge has only just started his journey...he will do alot of great things in the future.

Mead once again looks dangerous as all hell when he gets the ball on the fly, coming in from fullback he only just gets tapped.

Watch out Cowboys you are just the beginning of a long run of good form for the Titans

isaiah
02-04-11, 09:19 PM
Not our best footy but a great win. We needn't worry about where Bird plays next week. He will be having a little holiday.
Also, Ben Ridge will play for Australia within 3 years.

ridge, lol, only if he leaves and plays elsewhere. remember, they never pick you guys

Coaster
02-04-11, 09:26 PM
ridge, lol, only if he leaves and plays elsewhere. remember, they never pick you guys

Second warning tonight, trolling. Another and you will get to be my first Ban.
I look forward to it

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 09:38 PM
:laugh:

You guys are a crack up commenting during the game. I was spilling beer throughout my loungeroom and would never be able to calm myself to type a single simple sentence. What a finish to the game.

I love it when people comment during the game. I should try and do it more but usually I'm at the games or my phone was flat at the T Bar.

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 10:00 PM
Simon Woolford and Laurie Daley commentating a Raiders game? :ugh: Seriously. :laugh:

isaiah
02-04-11, 10:04 PM
Second warning tonight, trolling. Another and you will get to be my first Ban.
I look forward to it

excuse my ignorance, but can you explain what trolling is and when was my first warning?

GoldCoastTitans100
02-04-11, 10:06 PM
excuse my ignorance, but can you explain what trolling is and when was my first warning?

And your out :wave:

GCTitans11
02-04-11, 10:10 PM
lol, where is that broncos forum?
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Here you go Isaiah..... Have fun... See ya...

isaiah
02-04-11, 10:22 PM
And your out :wave:

i'll at least deserve the right of reply

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 10:30 PM
i'll at least deserve the right of reply

How about you just let sleeping dogs lie and Coaster might call it even. :thumbsup:

Titanic
02-04-11, 10:30 PM
Out of jail but some views to the future, perhaps... Carty is hardly Mr. Risky.

Some observations:

1. Mead just refused to engage Tilse before he scored - great attacking weapon but his physical presence in any defensive situation is woeful.

2. Michaels is too short to defend the wing against the high ball.

3. Thompson and Henderson are good workhorse options but not more than that.

4. Ridge has great potential but he looks more 2012 to me.

5. Bird without Prince is the bomb ... kicks, directs, off-loads, puts the opposition in two minds and tackles.

6. Zillman looked much better, more involved closer to the action.

7. James especially but Tagataese to a lesser extent are our intimidation factor... we cannot leave them out.

8. Brown is willing but he's not Friend, however, when Friend returns short of match fitness we can't expect him to win games.

9. I though Tonga showed a bit more but he needs a strike winger outside him... perhaps Tomane.

10. The team deserved the win, we've had enough go against us over the years so we should accept our bit of fortune.

Yeehaaa Cowboys, lookin' at ya.

Ps. Should the Gambling Commission be looking at Orfull and What's his name's errors? Was Ryan Tandy seen near a TAB?

DIEHARD
02-04-11, 10:41 PM
http://static.lifeislocal.com.au/multimedia/images/full/1178466.jpg

LOL! ................

Titanmudgee
02-04-11, 11:00 PM
Great win tonight by the boys

Am I the only titans fan who doesn't rate David mead. Sure he has great speed once he gets clean space but outside of that he lacks defensive skills, whenever he runs it back and meets the defensive line he gets pushed back around 3 metres, when he passes the ball it looks like someone from mudgeeraba under 7's passing and not to mention looks unco anytime he has to catch a ball whether high or along the ground.

I then hear people on this forum saying move him to centre or fullback and I truly can't understand it I think he is a weak link with plenty of other possibilities like Tomane or Dominic. Thoughts?

teke
02-04-11, 11:07 PM
Great win tonight by the boys

Am I the only titans fan who doesn't rate David mead. Sure he has great speed once he gets clean space but outside of that he lacks defensive skills, whenever he runs it back and meets the defensive line he gets pushed back around 3 metres, when he passes the ball it looks like someone from mudgeeraba under 7's passing and not to mention looks unco anytime he has to catch a ball whether high or along the ground.

I then hear people on this forum saying move him to centre or fullback and I truly can't understand it I think he is a weak link with plenty of other possibilities like Tomane or Dominic. Thoughts?Thoughts...he is twice the player Tomane is and 4 times that of Dominic (reference Pacific Cup). If He gets pushed back 3 metres then Kevvy gets pushed back 10.

He gets thrown back to fullback after spending 60mins catching a cold twiddling his thumb on the wing and ppl wanna have a go at him for what?

teke
02-04-11, 11:09 PM
http://static.lifeislocal.com.au/multimedia/images/full/1178466.jpg

LOL! ................Esi returned serve to him at the end of the game, suck it Fergo :thumbsup:

teke
02-04-11, 11:18 PM
Out of jail but some views to the future, perhaps... Carty is hardly Mr. Risky.

Some observations:

1. Mead just refused to engage Tilse before he scored - great attacking weapon but his physical presence in any defensive situation is woeful.

2. Michaels is too short to defend the wing against the high ball.

3. Thompson and Henderson are good workhorse options but not more than that.

4. Ridge has great potential but he looks more 2012 to me.

5. Bird without Prince is the bomb ... kicks, directs, off-loads, puts the opposition in two minds and tackles.

6. Zillman looked much better, more involved closer to the action.

7. James especially but Tagataese to a lesser extent are our intimidation factor... we cannot leave them out.

8. Brown is willing but he's not Friend, however, when Friend returns short of match fitness we can't expect him to win games.

9. I though Tonga showed a bit more but he needs a strike winger outside him... perhaps Tomane.

10. The team deserved the win, we've had enough go against us over the years so we should accept our bit of fortune.

Yeehaaa Cowboys, lookin' at ya.

Ps. Should the Gambling Commission be looking at Orfull and What's his name's errors? Was Ryan Tandy seen near a TAB?1. Meads 1st times at fullback so noone would expect him to be confident at positional play let alone trying to stop the biggest man in comp

2. Michaels just too short to defuse bomb? lucky he is better at almost everything else than any other winger in the club

4. Ridge looks 2011 to me...will look great 2012

5. Bird had to be the bomb without Prince, Presto helped Bird be the bomb

6. Zilly is still going great

7. Taga will get dropped, no intimidation factor if you around around him

8. Friend is going to get alot of pressure piled on him this coming week.

9. Tomane doesnt have anything over Michaels, except catching high ball

Nick
02-04-11, 11:22 PM
How good was bird! We reallly need someone to follow him in support though. every run he gets an arm free yet nobody is following in support, i think walker would inject the support play we need out there, zilly is solid but he doesnt support like other great fullbacks in the game. I hope walker does get a few more runs when he returns from suspension.

teke
02-04-11, 11:24 PM
How good was bird! We reallly need someone to follow him in support though. every run he gets an arm free yet nobody is following in support, i think walker would inject the support play we need out there, zilly is solid but he doesnt support like other great fullbacks in the game. I hope walker does get a few more runs when he returns from suspension.I do to but Zilly has been playing solid to great at times.

Ryan
02-04-11, 11:59 PM

Lol, way to express your sexual preference in a match topic thread! :ugh:

We win a game after being down 6pts at the 80min mark with our team lineup and bench rotation in disarray from injuries in the most crucial position - The first comment you make is how we need to make positional changes! :duh2:

Where most other teams would have given up after being 6pts down, 20 secs to go, conceded possession and missing their best play makers - The Titans manned up, played out the finals seconds and beyond with 100% commitment, capitalized on mistakes and came up with a much needed victory. - Then the first thing you do is b!tch about about their performance :boo:

Mushi
03-04-11, 12:02 AM
Seems like I missed a cracker of a game - but don't worry I was on SMS alerts the whole way through and thoroughly enjoyed my night after hearing of a titans victory - told you earlier this week I had a good feeling!!! ha ha. Trying to catch up on it all now so hoping to catch the replay tomorrow - like it so much better when i know we have won! Now that will be a boost of confidence to the boys and it was great to see them step up to the mark without some of our greatest players! A credit to them all!

titansrawesome
03-04-11, 12:03 AM
Lol, way to express your sexual preference in a match topic thread! :ugh:

We win a game after being down 6pts at the 80min mark with our team lineup and bench rotation in disarray from injuries in the most crucial position - The first comment you make is how we need to make positional changes! :duh2:

Where most other teams would have given up after being 6pts down, 20 secs to go, conceded possession and missing their best play makers - The Titans manned up, played out the finals seconds and beyond with 100% commitment, capitalized on mistakes and came up with a much needed victory. - Then the first thing you do is b!tch about about their performance :boo:

cool story bro too bad noone agrees with you and you didnt read all the comments otherwise you would have seen i gave courage props to the titans, maybe you should redirect these to yourself dumb dumb:laugh: go to sherdog.com forums and have fun

TITAN PETE
03-04-11, 12:08 AM
Just watched the match for a 2nd time & for those who thought we played poor are kidding themselves :nope: , if not for Vidot & Ferguson we would won by 20....

After losing Presto we looked pretty average but Bird was brilliant for 82 minutes, we had things tonight we haven't had this season & the 2 that stood out were
1.Short kicking game
2.Long kicking game
Not all of them were 100% but they all seemed to have purpose & all of them had to be played at ..

Ben Ridge is Now not next year,

Esi was so much better this week & his defence was very solid barring injury he'll own a centre spot

Ryan James is getting tougher every week, we don't need to chase another front rower we already have probably the games Hottest property in "our House"

Boofa Laffranchi back to his best, 82 min, 51 tackles, 97mtrs

Minni makes huge metres , 145mtrs

Zillman we don't really know how good he is yet

Luke Bailey, what can be said, The Rock, 30 tackles, 19 runs for 173 mtrs

Next week Friendy in Brown out but i also think Taga & Meyers may struggle to make the squad considering Harro should be back & The Prince will be back & as much as some would like to see ,he won't be running out for Ipswich or Burleigh ;)

Ryan
03-04-11, 12:11 AM
cool story bro too bad noone agrees with you and you didnt read all the comments otherwise you would have seen i gave courage props to the titans, maybe you should redirect these to yourself dumb dumb:laugh: go to sherdog.com forums and have fun

90% of your post are unreadable, if you care enough about who's opinion is agreed with the most then start a poll.

Dumb dumb? Really? Ouch :sadpace:

titansrawesome
03-04-11, 12:14 AM
90% of your post are unreadable, if you're care enough about who's opinion is agreed with the most then start a poll.

Dumb dumb? Really? Ouch :sadpace:

you can start a poll if you want you have no evidence to back up whatever point you ever make so you always concede defeat to me, you're an amusing character though ill give you that

teke
03-04-11, 12:19 AM
Just watched the match for a 2nd time & for those who thought we played poor are kidding themselves :nope: , if not for Vidot & Ferguson we would won by 20....

After losing Presto we looked pretty average but Bird was brilliant for 82 minutes, we had things tonight we haven't had this season & the 2 that stood out were
1.Short kicking game
2.Long kicking game
Not all of them were 100% but they all seemed to have purpose & all of them had to be played at ..

Esi was so much better this week & his defence was very solid barring injury he'll own a centre spot

Ryan James is getting tougher every week, we don't need to chase another front rower we already have probably the games Hottest property in "our House"

Next week Friendy in Brown out but i also think Taga & Meyers may struggle to make the squad considering Harro should be back & The Prince will be back & as much as some would like to see ,he won't be running out for Ipswich or Burleigh ;)Spot on.

Ridge was technique perfect in alot of his tackles today.

teke
03-04-11, 01:00 AM
delete whats going on with me posts grrr

Supergoose
03-04-11, 08:15 AM
What were the penalties against James for? The Raiders were piggy-backed down field and there didn't seem to be any reason for it.

I can't agree with the sentiment surrounding any of our wingers. There is a reason for the last 3 seasons that other teams kick to Mead and it's because he offers the least impact when running the ball back and has less sure hands than Zillman and Gordon. He gets smashed far more than Gordon. I think his tackling fine and we could use his speed more from centre. Tomane is our best attacking weapon from the wing. He is great under the high ball in both attack and defense and he is a tackle breaker. If he's back there you can guarantee other teams won't kick to him. Michaels is a good solid player at either wing or centre but could do with more work under the high ball.

The negative about Tomane (and has been said before about Michaels) is that he is a turnstile in defence. Most centres and wingers are turnstiles when there is a problem inside them. For all Birds brilliance yesterday his defence at times was awful and he left Tonga out to dry. Prince doesn't make any of their jobs easier either. We've plugged the defence with Thompson who is doing masses of work out there, but this is symptomatic of issues coming from the inside.

It's great we got the W but let's not kid ourselves, we need to improve in a lot of areas. Our team knows how to get down the park and can defend in the main, but it's what happens when we are either attacking or defending in the red zone that counts. Our last tackle plays were better without Prince - go figure - but I agree with the people on here who don't rate Mead as highly as most but who rate Tomane as a must have. There is a place for Mead but it is not on the wing ahead of Tomane.

TITAN PETE
03-04-11, 09:37 AM
What were the penalties against James for? The Raiders were piggy-backed down field and there didn't seem to be any reason for it.

I can't agree with the sentiment surrounding any of our wingers. There is a reason for the last 3 seasons that other teams kick to Mead and it's because he offers the least impact when running the ball back and has less sure hands than Zillman and Gordon. He gets smashed far more than Gordon. I think his tackling fine and we could use his speed more from centre. Tomane is our best attacking weapon from the wing. He is great under the high ball in both attack and defense and he is a tackle breaker. If he's back there you can guarantee other teams won't kick to him. Michaels is a good solid player at either wing or centre but could do with more work under the high ball.

The negative about Tomane (and has been said before about Michaels) is that he is a turnstile in defence. Most centres and wingers are turnstiles when there is a problem inside them. For all Birds brilliance yesterday his defence at times was awful and he left Tonga out to dry. Prince doesn't make any of their jobs easier either. We've plugged the defence with Thompson who is doing masses of work out there, but this is symptomatic of issues coming from the inside.

It's great we got the W but let's not kid ourselves, we need to improve in a lot of areas. Our team knows how to get down the park and can defend in the main, but it's what happens when we are either attacking or defending in the red zone that counts. Our last tackle plays were better without Prince - go figure - but I agree with the people on here who don't rate Mead as highly as most but who rate Tomane as a must have. There is a place for Mead but it is not on the wing ahead of Tomane.

I think James is getting a target on his back for his agro but i was lost as to why he was penalised too:nope:

I'm not 100% sold on Mead & i wouldn't mind Tomane getting a start soon.. ;)

lynx000
03-04-11, 09:41 AM
Really gutsy win by your boys last night. To be so close to Canberra without your usual hooker, Prince, Harrison and then to have Preston injured was unbelievable in the first place. But to then come back the way they did, you can all be justifiably proud of their courage and commitment. On the basis of that more wins on the way, as long as you can keep troops on the field. Well done tits

dee13
03-04-11, 10:16 AM
I think James is getting a target on his back for his agro but i was lost as to why he was penalised too:nope:

I'm not 100% sold on Mead & i wouldn't mind Tomane getting a start soon.. ;)

Sorry Pete, I can't agree with giving Tomane a run. His defence is non existant. Clinton is a much better defender

Ohh yeah and before I forget... I gave it to the Roosters last week for not running through the honour guard. Its the Titans turn this week. Luke Bailey took the guys off to the right around the back of the kids. I know it was a Canberra home game but come on really boys. You can't run through the waiting kids and give them a high 5. If you watch the replay of the start of the game, watch the look on the kids faces.

I said it last week and I will say it again this week. It poor form and don't think that because its the Titans, I won't speak up about it. I think the NRL should enforce rules on player ettiquite where children are involved with honour guards.

Steelers
03-04-11, 10:20 AM
Didn't watch the game, but according to the likes of Sterlo and company the Titans were the better side. Considering how many players you had out, why all the criticism?

Ryan
03-04-11, 10:27 AM
Didn't watch the game, but according to the likes of Sterlo and company the Titans were the better side. Considering how many players you had out, why all the criticism?

It's all they know.
They remind me of sick people vomiting. Once they start they can't stop, and the vile just keeps coming. Even when there is nothing left to spew, they still sit on here dry-reaching......

The Titans didn't play a perfect game, and as always there is room for improvement. But the ticker and resolve they showed would make any genuine supporter proud to show his colors.

Tamwelg
03-04-11, 10:45 AM

1.Short kicking game
2.Long kicking game

Next week Friendy in Brown out but i also think Taga & Meyers may struggle to make the squad considering Harro should be back & The Prince will be back & as much as some would like to see ,he won't be running out for Ipswich or Burleigh ;)

What PETE said, my thoughts exactly.

Tamwelg
03-04-11, 10:47 AM

Good point. Yes we all have thoughts about who should play where and who is and who isn't playing well but we won, let enjoy the victory. :banana: :drinkies:

teke
03-04-11, 10:55 AM

It's great we got the W but let's not kid ourselves, we need to improve in a lot of areas. Our team knows how to get down the park and can defend in the main, but it's what happens when we are either attacking or defending in the red zone that counts. Our last tackle plays were better without Prince - go figure - but I agree with the people on here who don't rate Mead as highly as most but who rate Tomane as a must have. There is a place for Mead but it is not on the wing ahead of Tomane.Disagree, Mead is a far better winger than Tomane. He is cumbersome on the turn and slow bringing it back, hew wouldnt make 3/4 the metres that Mead or Michaels makes in that position and Im willing to be my life on it. Id rather have Mead at centre cause he will do more linebreaks and be a nightmare for the opposition.

Mead gets smashed far more than Gordon cause Kev is known as mr Surrender and that is common knowledge :laugh:

There is a reason Tomane and Walker havnt got a run, there are better players ahead of them.

Titan_Blue
03-04-11, 11:07 AM
Tomane scored a double yesterday for the Jets in the centres. He's scored a try every week in the QLD Cup so far this season. But obviously his attack isn't the issue.

If his defence has improved he needs to get a shot, because he is the best attatcking weapon in the club. Whether he should get a go on the wing or at centre I'm not sure, but some faith needs to be shown in the guy because if he can get his defence near up to scratch he is up there with the most damaging outside backs in the NRL.

I'm doubting Cartwright will give him a shot, which will be a shame because he is off-contract at the end of this season and he showed enough last year to suggest he was worth persevering with.

teke
03-04-11, 11:17 AM
Tomane scored a double yesterday for the Jets in the centres. He's scored a try every week in the QLD Cup so far this season. But obviously his attack isn't the issue.

If his defence has improved he needs to get a shot, because he is the best attatcking weapon in the club. Whether he should get a go on the wing or at centre I'm not sure, but some faith needs to be shown in the guy because if he can get his defence near up to scratch he is up there with the most damaging outside backs in the NRL.

I'm doubting Cartwright will give him a shot, which will be a shame because he is off-contract at the end of this season and he showed enough last year to suggest he was worth persevering with.If he came back I would stick him back into centre, persist with him there, centre is probably the hardest position on the field to defend and takes time to get good at.

Supergoose likes the idea of positional swapping Mead and Tomane during the game as do I.

DIEHARD
03-04-11, 01:41 PM
Bird relieved after pressure kick

Gold Coast five-eighth Greg Bird was a relieved man after Saturday night's 23-22 golden point win over Canberra at Canberra Stadium.

The Raiders appeared headed for victory as they held onto a six point lead, before Matt Orford knocked the ball on from a scrum in the final minute and gave the Gold Coast one last chance.

Titans second-rower Anthony Laffranchi took that chance to score a vital try, and it was up to Bird to kick the conversion to put the game into extra time.

He did so and it wasn't long into the golden point period that he made a wobbly attempt at field goal.

It wasn't pretty, but it went between the posts, giving the desperate Titans their first win of the season.

"I was more worried about the conversion from the front to be honest," confessed Bird after the game.

"It was one of those ones that really could have gone either way. It was very lucky in the end."

Regardless of any luck, Bird was full of praise his team's effort.

The Titans rallied despite the late withdrawal of halfback Scott Prince before the game and losing his replacement Preston Campbell to a knee injury in the second half.

"Tonight, we were on the right side of the scoreboard and it was definitely on the back of our defence and our yardage," Bird said.

Despite starting the season with three losses, Bird said he knew what the Titans could do if they applied themselves.

"We've been guilty in the first two rounds of leaking too many points," he said.

"Any team can turn their season around with a bit of hard work, and hopefully our season is just starting."

Buoyed by finally breaking their duck, the Titans will be looking for win number two when they travel to Townsville for a Friday night blockbuster against Johnathan Thurston and the North Queensland Cowboys

Source: http://www.ninemsn.com.au

Titan2007DH
03-04-11, 05:53 PM

clap clap clap .. I honestly can't believe a couple on here. Your damned if you do and you are damned if you don't! :mad:

titansrawesome
03-04-11, 06:22 PM
id rather this

bird- 13(does long kicks)
prince-7
zillman-6
tagatese-4
tomane-5
1-mead

regarding tomane cant defend, 1. he can put on shots i have seen him do it, 2. that was a year ago he would have improved by now
3. he defuses and catches bombs very good which we usually lack and 4. wing is a lot easier to defend than centre so he will have no problem

tomane is a very very hard man to tackle too.

DIEHARD
03-04-11, 07:50 PM
I'm really pissed off that the Titans aren't getting the credit they deserve. Everyone saying how they can't believe how the Raiders lost and it was their game to lose. And they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

But meanwhile many Raiders fans admit that the Titans deserved the win. And good on them for it.

DIEHARD
03-04-11, 10:18 PM
Well just watching a replay of the Sunday Footy Show and its great to see both Andrew Johns and Peter Sterling giving us credit.

Also great to hear Sterlo say that there is no club better at hanging in there in games. That is the type of character I find most attractive about the Titans. :thumbsup:

Supergoose
03-04-11, 11:29 PM
I agree Diehard. The Thursday Night Footy show (the bastian of football knowledge that it is, NOT) flippantly wrote us off this week and it offends me that these imbeciles get to talk footy as supposed experts. Any expert would know that the Titans were only a couple of finishes away from defeating the Dragons and the Broncos and in fact won most statistics on the night except the scoreboard and in the case of the Dragons the kicking and defusing of kicks. How can they just write us off like that? They've been doing it forever, we need to win the premiership this year to shut them all up. We have the cattle, it's just about herding them in the right direction now.

DIEHARD
03-04-11, 11:53 PM
We have the cattle, it's just about herding them in the right direction now.

And the fire and drive. The last few weeks must have fortified the bonds of our players and club and last Saturday's win tops it off.

But the next game against the Cowboys will be a very difficult challenge.

matti
04-04-11, 09:22 AM
i dogged it again but , have a broken foot :(

Boofhead
04-04-11, 11:04 AM
Riley Brown will be playing off the bench in place of Preston this weekend going off the Courier Mail this morning.

Friend not going to play 80 straight away?

Titanic
04-04-11, 07:48 PM
Geez you blokes lighten up. We won, that's great ... the commitment was undeniable, however, we have a long season in front and constructive criticism is what supporting is all about. Suggestions and opinions aee everybody's right.

Ridge played well and as somebody pointed out was technically fantastic but who does he replace? Can we take another lightweight backrow with Harrison back?

We have to improve on that performance and with Campbell and likely Prince and even more likely Bird out this week there should be discussion.

titansrawesome
04-04-11, 08:30 PM
Geez you blokes lighten up. We won, that's great ... the commitment was undeniable, however, we have a long season in front and constructive criticism is what supporting is all about. Suggestions and opinions aee everybody's right.

Ridge played well and as somebody pointed out was technically fantastic but who does he replace? Can we take another lightweight backrow with Harrison back?

We have to improve on that performance and with Campbell and likely Prince and even more likely Bird out this week there should be discussion.

this.

Tamwelg
05-04-11, 07:50 AM

If you are getting the idea he is lightweight from the player profiles on the titans website, they are out of date unfortunately. He's now about the same size as Boof and Bodene and slightly heavier then Mini.

Coaster
05-04-11, 09:11 AM
If you are getting the idea he is lightweight from the player profiles on the titans website, they are out of date unfortunately. He's now about the same size as Boof and Bodene and slightly heavier then Mini.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight.
That kid was smashing them apart, something we have lacked since Conn left. In the new era of the wrestle, first contact is so much more important.

He would be my first picked TBH.