PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Relay For Life - Cancer Council Fundrasier

DIEHARD
12-11-10, 08:23 PM
VISIT THE LEGION: RELAY FOR LIFE 2011 TEAM PAGE. DONATE OR JOIN ONLINE! (http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=39754&langPref=en-CA)

Just to let all the Titans fans out there know that The Legion will be back at the Gold Coast Relay For Life in 2011.

The event is on Saturday Apr 9, 2011 3:00 PM.

That weekend we are away to the North Queensland Cowboys. So that works well, meaning there is no home game that weekend to juggle.

I have talked to Steve, who originally started the idea of The Legion to participate in the Relay For Life. And he has given me permission to register a team and become team captain for 2011.

I don't think it is necessary to go hard out right now on facebook and such just yet. I just wanted to let all the regulars know what was happening and we can gear up in the coming weeks and months.

Also please, if you are going to participate, please register as a team member through the team website. The funds from registering go to running the administration of the event and it also allows you to easily fundraise electronically with your own fundraising page. :thumbsup:

We can talk about ways to fundraise in the future. But we will definitely do the jersey raffle and pass the ball. And I'd love to see player appearances and a Titans Tag/Kids to Kangaroos clinic for the kids at the event.

We also need to pray for a sunny weekend, after three wet Gold Coast Relay For Lifes.

I just completed the Brisbane Relay For Life with a team of friends dubbed The 8 Bit Heroes and it was a fantastic night and we raised alot of money. So Im very interested in raising alot of money next year, especially with our increase in memberships and profile.

VISIT THE LEGION: RELAY FOR LIFE 2011 TEAM PAGE. DONATE OR JOIN ONLINE! (http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=39754&langPref=en-CA)

DIEHARD
13-02-11, 07:19 PM
Time to gear up and spread the word. We need to get as many members of the team and donors as possible.

This will be the weekend of the Cowboys away game.

DIEHARD
24-02-11, 08:55 PM
Gold Coast 2011 is on 9th April 2011. Not long. So please join the team and start seeking sponsors.

We can start planning logistics of the day this weekend at the Legion planning meeting. :)

DIEHARD
17-03-11, 10:24 PM
*BUMP*

Just under a month left so get donating and joinging. :thumbsup:

Blazertaser
18-03-11, 09:26 AM
Only just noticed this thread Brad, but you know ill definetly be there, was a great time last year for many reasons :) Ill register now

DIEHARD
18-03-11, 07:07 PM
Only just noticed this thread Brad, but you know ill definetly be there, was a great time last year for many reasons :) Ill register now

Yea I know you'll be there, last year was the first real chance I got to know you and I really thought highly of you.

This year we need to do all we can. I've set a fundraising target of $3,000 which I think we can reach.

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 02:19 PM
The Legion is 24th top fundraising team on $220.00

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/Untitled-1.jpg

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 02:25 PM
I just donated an extra $50.00

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 02:41 PM
Legion total now $270.00 and we are 23rd overall

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 04:11 PM
Now $390.00!

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 07:59 PM
$415.00 and counting

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 09:08 PM
$465.00! Well done Titans fans! Let's keep it up!

Blazertaser
27-03-11, 10:59 PM
Will actually be registering in the morning as my pay comes in then so am able to register and donate some money :) Printed off some stuff so that i can go for a walk tomorrow and raise some money, probably try and do the same at the Titanium bar this saturday night when everyone is their supporting the boys.

DIEHARD
27-03-11, 11:25 PM
Will actually be registering in the morning as my pay comes in then so am able to register and donate some money :) Printed off some stuff so that i can go for a walk tomorrow and raise some money, probably try and do the same at the Titanium bar this saturday night when everyone is their supporting the boys.

You truly are a top bloke, passionate in all things. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
29-03-11, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the donations Coaster and Wade!

We are now at $585.00!

DIEHARD
01-04-11, 03:35 PM
$585 raised but only three team members!

We need team registrations, then you can start fund raising.

Only ONE WEEK to go!

DIEHARD
03-04-11, 07:56 PM
Under a week until this big event and we need your support.

Please sign up as a participant or donate. We only have a team of 3 registered people so far and that is far short of what we need.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE OR JOIN THE LEGION TEAM (http://qld.cancercouncilfundraising.org.au/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=39754&langPref=en-CA)

Blazertaser
06-04-11, 05:28 PM
Thank you to everyone who has donated thus far, so far we have reached a total of $720!

DIEHARD
06-04-11, 08:51 PM
Thank you to everyone who has donated thus far, so far we have reached a total of $720!

Wow! $720.00! Well done!

I'll have a cancer council container to pass around on Friday night at the Titanium Bar for donations as well. It all adds up.

Working on getting Blade and Turbo coming.

And in other good news, looks like we will have some good weather this Saturday and Sunday! :banana:

DIEHARD
07-04-11, 03:51 AM
We still need more team members. :) And more donations, well that is the point of the whole thing. Hopefully we can break the 1k barrier soon.

Blazertaser
07-04-11, 07:26 AM
And in other good news, looks like we will have some good weather this Saturday and Sunday! :banana:

Yes! Last year was pretty bad weather, this will make it even better :D

matti
07-04-11, 11:51 AM
i wish i could be there and help, broken foot permits it,

DIEHARD
07-04-11, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the moral support Matti.

Yea we have had 3 out of 4 years of rain. But it should be good.

Blaze the cancer council has sent me your relay shirt. Ill give that to you on Saturday.

dee13
07-04-11, 05:18 PM
Count BLADE in as an attendee for Saturday afternoon. He will be there to welcome the start of the relay from about 2:30pm

DIEHARD
07-04-11, 05:57 PM
Count BLADE in as an attendee for Saturday afternoon. He will be there to welcome the start of the relay from about 2:30pm

Fantastic news mate, THANK YOU!

Blazertaser
07-04-11, 06:38 PM

Blaze the cancer council has sent me your relay shirt. Ill give that to you on Saturday.

All good stuff guys, Thanks Dennis for doing that :banana: Should be a good night! Brad, have we got any idea of who is coming?

DIEHARD
07-04-11, 08:33 PM
Well me and Steve and Sandra. Davey, you, Dee. Probably Stephen too.

Hopefully much more.

$730.00! Well done team, well done Blaze, you are a machine

Blazertaser
07-04-11, 08:42 PM
Well me and Steve and Sandra. Davey, you, Dee. Probably Stephen too.

Hopefully much more.

$730.00! Well done team, well done Blaze, you are a machine

Aha thanks mate, Will still be doing my walkaround tomorrow afternoon and a few mates and family members have said they will :) When do the donations for this specific event end?