PDA

View Full Version : Former Titans player rushed to hospital after drug overdose

Boofhead
25-09-10, 06:05 PM
Matt Peterson was shown on Channel 7 newsbreak as being rushed to hospital after having a drug overdose on the Gold Coast. Hope the bloke is ok.

Source: Channel 7 television news update

Boofhead
25-09-10, 06:07 PM
Was in Broadbeach last night, he has since been released after having emergencey surgery.

Source: Channel 9 News Queensland

Rage
25-09-10, 06:53 PM
Ah I always liked him, hope he's doing ok now.

Cowboy Titan
25-09-10, 08:50 PM
I was in Mackay when I saw this news. Up there, they said Matt was out with a number of Titans players and John Cartwright. Apparently a non Titans player collapsed and was rushed to hospital as well. Hopefully no Titans players were involved. We don't want to end the season on a bad note.

DIEHARD
26-09-10, 11:10 AM
Oh my god. I hop Matt is ok. He was always fantastic for us. And I was sad to see him leave. Get well soon Matt. We are all wishing you the best.

Cowboy Titan
26-09-10, 04:07 PM
Petersen out of hospital

Josh Rakic
September 26, 2010

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/petersen-out-of-hospital-20100925-15rt8.html

FORMER Gold Coast Titans flyer Matt Petersen has been released from hospital after claims his drink was spiked on the glamour strip on Friday night following the Titans' preliminary final defeat to the Roosters.

Petersen, affectionately known as Sideshow Bob for his afro hairdo, was admitted to Gold Coast Hospital early on Saturday morning after being found unconscious by a friend. The fitness fanatic, who runs a tyre shop on the Gold Coast away from his UK Super League duties, told friends he could barely remember anything from the night before.

''He said he finished work at the shop at 5pm, had dinner some friends and their partners and then watched the game at the pub - and the last thing he vaguely remembers is running into some of the Titans boys on the street in Broadbeach early in the morning before waking up at Gold Coast Hospital at 8am,'' a source close to Petersen said.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Doctors could not confirm what drug was allegedly slipped into Petersen's drink, but told the source it was consistent with the date-rape drug known as Rufilin.

Mushi
26-09-10, 04:58 PM
Glad to hear he is doing ok now!!! Always loved watching him play for the titans and was very sad when he left!

Ryan
26-09-10, 06:31 PM
FORMER Gold Coast Titans flyer Matt Petersen has been released from hospital after claims his drink was spiked on the glamour strip on Friday night following the Titans' preliminary final defeat to the Roosters.
Doctors could not confirm what drug was allegedly slipped into Petersen's drink, but told the source it was consistent with the date-rape drug known as Rufilin.
Poor bugger :nope:
Probably one of the fly-in ****s from Bondi trying to get laid......