PDA

View Full Version : Legion and Fans too quiet at Suncorp

ForGCT
24-09-10, 10:21 PM
Given the ratio of at least 3 Titans to 1 of Roosters fans, the Titan's fans were very quiet tonight. Even after the first early try when there should still have been an uproar, the unenthusiastic behaviour of the Qld crowd set a sad tone. I'd been watching the build up all week, three Titan's Express trains and decorated buses I was shocked you gave up so early. At one stage when the Titans were working hard on a set I was hitting into a wooden tray and screaming "Titans" and yelling to the fans to call out. More than 1,000 ks away, very frustrating.
Or is the idea to bang a drum when the other side is attacking? Raiders fans wouldn't give up like that. Of course I'm disappointed with the result but the Roosters played well and clean.
I'm more disappointed in the crowd, that was sad. Would have cost me $1,000to get up there for the weekend. For Gold Coast fans was it $25 return?
I'll probably be living in Ballina next winter - if I get to Skilled Park it will be lose the voice before giving up. I was screaming 'Titans' at Bruce Stadium during the Raiders clapping, Titans lost but what the hell, don't give up til the final bell.

DIEHARD
24-09-10, 10:26 PM
It's always hard in Rugby League to get the crowd buzzing without momentium. And we are still becoming accustomed to Lang Park.

It was frustrating at times tonight. But I had a great night overall.

I look forward to you coming to games at Skilled Park!

But I have to hand it to the Titans fans. They certainly turned out in force.

We have come along way in 2010 and we will take it to new heights in 2011.

ForGCT
24-09-10, 10:35 PM
The turnout was great and the build up impressive. Happy to hear you enjoyed the night and gave our great guys the high fives at the end. Maybe they were a bit too ****y after all the attention through the week.

DIEHARD
24-09-10, 10:38 PM
I got some great video of the team coming over. They looked shattered. But the fans stayed and were proud.

I'm gonna have to entire the replay to truly figure out WTF happened

ForGCT
24-09-10, 10:41 PM
Oops didn't know that would be crossed out. Trying, they were a bit too sure of themselves after all the attention. Preston had seemed confident.The commentators reckoned he should have been swapped with Rogers, about half way through the game. People down here agreed. Anyway still love that team.

kwigibo
24-09-10, 10:49 PM
That's not the legion at suncorp. It said so on the tickets but there were way too many wet blankets in there who really should read the description before they buy their ticket. We already get plenty of them at Skilled where it's general admission, but that was just unbearable.

Supporter's groups need to be contiguous. Not the first time I've had an awful time at Suncorp, I won't give them another chance to ruin my night, I'll be watching from home until they give us a GA section.

ForGCT
25-09-10, 06:56 AM
I remember the noise at Skilled Park for first final last year. My son was there on holiday, Bronco's supporter, he was happy. He said "the noise" at Skilled was pretty bad. I know I'm still in shock AM but I feel bad for the boys. Lately ex Olympians have been talking about how the home crowd in Sydney lifted them. What must a perfectly dressed sea of stunned mullets make home teams feel like. All congrats to the Roosters and Todd, dumped by the Raiders, they won't be doing that to Josh. BUT most of my sadness today is about the non support last night. A bad way for my long time heroes Presto and Matt to go out. OK won't say any more.

titanstattman
25-09-10, 09:47 AM
It was crap crap crap... I was tying so hard to get them involed nd they looked at me like wtf am I doing.... Every1 who sat on they ass nd kept ur mouths shut.. Hung ur heads in shame.... It was piss poor nd I will it was a part on why we lost WE U GAVE THE BOYS NOTHING!!!!!

Coaster
25-09-10, 10:43 AM
I agree. Crap night crap crowd, Suncorp severity was way overboard telling everyone to sit down alll night. Way to many blow ins. I would have rather played in Sydney

Beachbub23
25-09-10, 12:01 PM
I deffinately agree, The Legion last night was very quiet, Many a time i found my self looking over at them waiting for a chant or for something but nothing!! :( I had lost my voice way before half time abusing Roosters players that came to close, or by yelling support to our boys!

Preston was not on his game tonight, he was very flat as was alot of the boys. They should have kept Zilly in the fullback position and either ran Presto off the bench or not at all. Although he seemed to train fine, he obviously wasnt match fit. Even Roosters supporters were saying this. Gordon is a good fast player, but has so much to learn! Especially to stay on his wing! those first 2 tried by Perret could have been stopped or atleast made him work for it if he had stayed on his wing.

All in all it was a pretty dissapointing game and i dont think the extra people they got to the game by playing it at Suncorp was worth it in any way. I think if the gam had been played at Skilled it would have been alot different.

DIEHARD
25-09-10, 12:20 PM
While the participation of fans may not have been up to scratch. Many may not be used to this style of support. So it is a building process for creating that culture.

But I have to commend the amount of Titans colours there last night!

GOATUS
25-09-10, 12:22 PM
It was crap crap crap... I was tying so hard to get them involed nd they looked at me like wtf am I doing.... Every1 who sat on they ass nd kept ur mouths shut.. Hung ur heads in shame.... It was piss poor nd I will it was a part on why we lost WE U GAVE THE BOYS NOTHING!!!!!

crowd support means jack **** when the team played like crap

ForGCT
25-09-10, 12:45 PM
So sorry Legion ppl, sincere apologies and commiserations instead. If I'm feeling this bad you must be feeling that much worse.
I wondered why Diehard wrote this:
"And we are still becoming accustomed to Lang Park." and Coaster:
"Suncorp severity was way overboard telling everyone to sit down all night."
That would have been hell! A structural problem? Made o'seas 'somewhere'?
Not too happy 'bout Preston being dissed & I'm not looking at any post mortems - ever. Hope you can stay at Skilled Park in future I've heard you there and Southern Legion did a great job at the win over Roosters in Sydney. All the best guys and see you next year for sure.

titanstattman
25-09-10, 02:00 PM
crowd support means jack **** when the team played like crap

Yeah well if the crowds lift it lifts the players ask any of the players wen they loosing nd than the crowd lifts half the time it works... Last night there was nothin gb from the crowd so hows tge players spose to lift... so yeah crowd sopport dose mean sumthing to help lift the players

DIEHARD
25-09-10, 02:06 PM
Also the crowd feeds off the game. So when the game doesn't go our way, it effects the crowd. It shouldn't be that way, but it is largely true. We need to build a culture that when the going gets tough, the louder we cheer!

Coaster
25-09-10, 02:19 PM
I would rather us play in front of 14k fans of the teams, then 45k people in neutral city, with 20k neutral fans.

We had a woman 2 rows behind us complain about my sisters hat being too high, and asked her to take it off.

If we do that again, we need a dedicated 5 rows, the whole bay was littered with Bronco supporters following roosters, I want a place I can feel at home, not a place I feel like I am in a strangers house who is pedantic and asking me to keep quiet and take off my shoes.

I also had 9 minutes to get to the bus after the game, was a mad rush to get there, hated the whole thing, what a crap way to finish.

I am starting mad Monday early, I'm getting blind today

titanstattman
25-09-10, 02:54 PM
Also the crowd feeds off the game. So when the game doesn't go our way, it effects the crowd. It shouldn't be that way, but it is largely true. We need to build a culture that when the going gets tough, the louder we cheer!

Thats my point of the saying help the team over the line.. There was no helping the team over the line..,yes we went into half time 6 down.. But from the 2nd half everyone gave up...

DIEHARD
25-09-10, 03:53 PM
I agree with you Coaster and Tats.

I'm headed back to Lang Park fo the Kangaroos Supporter Group in Nov. And I'm thinking of trying to also grab the wheelchair seats at the back to help spread out the flags and chants. My mate Bobby will be coming so we can legitimently use the wheelchair area.

DIEHARD
25-09-10, 04:06 PM
BTW more about the Kangaroos Supporters Group next week. When the NRL launches it.

Mushi
26-09-10, 07:18 AM
I agree - the legion bay needs to be for those who are ready to join in with the legion! I was only in row 5 but surrounded by people who sat on their **** all night and didn't move or join in at all - really disappointing. I missed the atmosphere of skilled park immensely! Security was a joke up there - this is our legion and we don't sit down - its what keeps us going! The crowd def got caught up in the somber mood of the game and I agree titanstattman that when the going gets tough the crowd need to cheer on the boys. We were still in with a good chance for quite a while in the second half but the crowd just didn't get in and do their job. The boys were flat during the game but some momentum our way could have changed the whole outcome! Not to be this year but I suppose another thing we can learn from. Maybe we need to put a attention on the legion bay tickets - only join this bay if you are ready to stand, cheer and do the boys proud, win or lose!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear so many had such a **** time up there - skilled park is def home and its just not the same going up to suncorp :-(

titanstattman
26-09-10, 07:57 AM
Thats it the crowd should just be doing sumthimg only if we winning.. We must show win loose draw we will cheer the boys home.. Nd it just wasnt there...

Like the saying going into week one of finals... "Its time to stand up OR stand aside" sad that ppl chose Stand aside.....

Mushi
26-09-10, 09:53 AM
Made me think of the final broncos game of the year. They were losing and were out of the finals race for the first time in forever, but the fans cheered and cheered those boys until the final minutes! Can't wait until we build up a fan base like that. Lets hope that some of those there at suncorp were converted to legion - the bigger it gets, the stronger the crowd support!

daveyk
26-09-10, 11:35 AM
i for one will NOT ATTEND another game at suncorp stadium... the way we were treating by there staff.... even to the point where my other alf but directed to get back to her seat with child in hand... told the clown that it was too dangerous at that point and he would get hurt.... she was told failure to comply would lead to an eviction.... well you guessed it.. the little fellow had his leg slammed in a seat.....

so no matter wot happens in the future seasons... but i WILL NOT TRAVEL BACK UP THE M1... SUncorp can blow it our their a$$

Mushi
26-09-10, 03:57 PM
Thats terrible Davey!!! The staff were ridiculous up there - in hindsight maybe we should have just all stood up and told them to stick it up their ****!!!!! They wouldn't have evicted the whole bay!!!!!! Bloody fun police I say!!!! Def not a fan of suncorp either :-(

kwigibo
26-09-10, 04:21 PM
in hindsight maybe we should have just all stood up and told them to stick it up their ****!!!!!

We would have if there weren't countless ticketholders in there who were saying the same **** as the staff, and who didn't have thought enough in their heads to not buy a supporter's bay ticket and be tedious ****ing killjoys all night.

Coaster
26-09-10, 05:21 PM
i for one will NOT ATTEND another game at suncorp stadium... the way we were treating by there staff.... even to the point where my other alf but directed to get back to her seat with child in hand... told the clown that it was too dangerous at that point and he would get hurt.... she was told failure to comply would lead to an eviction.... well you guessed it.. the little fellow had his leg slammed in a seat.....

so no matter wot happens in the future seasons... but i WILL NOT TRAVEL BACK UP THE M1... SUncorp can blow it our their a$$

I didnt help the situation by swapping seats with you mate, sorry. When you told me he hurt himself, i felt partly responsible, because you could have been seated near an isle.

We should have burnt the place to the ground.

travis burch
26-09-10, 07:34 PM
As shattered as I am about the result... I really enjoyed it up with the Leigon on friday.

I thought we were fine for the first 50 minutes, but it does get difficult to cheer when your 15 minutes from the end and the score line looks the way it did.

Focus is important, Diehard pulled a couple of guys up from chanting "Carney is a Wanker". While a truthfull comment... it doesn't boost the boys and frankly Carney doesn't concern himself with our opinion. It might even fire him up.

daveyk
27-09-10, 04:06 PM
I didnt help the situation by swapping seats with you mate, sorry. When you told me he hurt himself, i felt partly responsible, because you could have been seated near an isle.

We should have burnt the place to the ground.

thats alright mate... i dont for one second nor will i blame you or anyone else for what happened... it all got sorted and reported to the appropiate people.. am just hopinjg that some action gets taken regarding the incident... but at this stage i still stand by my decision no tto return up there...

things may change but only time will tell

DIEHARD
27-09-10, 06:05 PM
Crowd support should also be positive and FOR the team. Especially in the climax of matches.

dee13
30-09-10, 04:17 PM
Thats terrible Davey!!! The staff were ridiculous up there - in hindsight maybe we should have just all stood up and told them to stick it up their ****!!!!! They wouldn't have evicted the whole bay!!!!!! Bloody fun police I say!!!! Def not a fan of suncorp either :-(

Thats what I was saying when Blade was around at the legion. I was trying to get the message out that if everyone stood up they weren't going to evict everyone.

I even got in the face of the dead ball line security and told him to let you guys stand the F up.

The Roosters fans were on their feet most of the second half.

RIP
30-09-10, 07:44 PM
I was there..... Almost got kick out twice for being to loud. There was so many complains lol If its to loud GO HOME YOU GOT VOLUME CONTROL!!!!! hahhahahahaha

Mushi
01-10-10, 04:25 PM
OMG why go to the footy then? to sit on your backside and be quiet - you can do that in your own loungeroom!!!! How funny was the security guard on the ground in front of the legion - in his "too cool" sunnies - he cracked me up most of the night!

dee13
02-10-10, 03:57 PM
OMG why go to the footy then? to sit on your backside and be quiet - you can do that in your own loungeroom!!!! How funny was the security guard on the ground in front of the legion - in his "too cool" sunnies - he cracked me up most of the night!

He was the one Blade got in the face of. He just sat there like a stunned mullet

Coaster
02-10-10, 07:28 PM
He didn't like me starting a chant abou setting him on fire