PDA

View Full Version : Titans in Orara Sevens?

Kingytek
19-12-05, 11:32 AM
According to "Fiji Times" there will be a Titans site in the Orara Sevens Comp. I find this hard to believe but it may just be a mixture of players from Ippy\Tweed\Burleigh. Anyone confirm\deny?

League sides face uphill battles
(Monday, December 19, 2005)

THE Fiji residents and Fiji A rugby league sides will face stiff competition at next months Orara sevens at Coffs Harbour Australia.

The Fiji sides will be among 34 other Australian and international teams vying for top honours.

{deleted unrelevent information}

Soper said with so much NRL talent on offer during the upcoming tournament including teams from South Sydney and the newly formed Gold Coast Titans, it was little wonder that the fast paced weekend has already become the richest sevens tournament in Australia.

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=33907

DeeGan
19-12-05, 12:00 PM
Leave it with me - I will try and source an answer for you Kingytek. If we were looking at being involved, I imagine a developement side of sorts may be on the cards with some local talent mixed in.

I have not heard anything though.

Get back to you all.

DeeGan

Kingytek
19-12-05, 12:56 PM
If so, this will be the first side to take the field under the Titans banner. It would be quite an important event for all of us at the Titans

Moejoe
19-12-05, 02:01 PM
If its true. We should hire a bus and go to Coffs for the event. Regardless of the titans being there, I might head that way anyway.

DeeGan
21-12-05, 04:56 PM
More details will be released in the New Year re: our possible involvement in the Orara Sevens tournament.

Look for more news on the Official Gold Coast Titans website (www.titans.com.au).

Cheers

DeeGan

Dakink
21-12-05, 07:23 PM
More details will be released in the New Year re: our possible involvement in the Orara Sevens tournament.

Look for more news on the Official Gold Coast Titans website (www.titans.com.au).

Cheers

DeeGan

LOL nice way of saying nothing may happen.

DIEHARD
21-12-05, 11:40 PM
If its true. We should hire a bus and go to Coffs for the event. Regardless of the titans being there, I might head that way anyway.

I'll be so there.

DeeGan
22-12-05, 09:02 AM
I'll be so there.

Like whatever :laugh: Sorry DIEHARD, couldn't help myself.

I am thinking of heading down to the Sevens either way myself ;)

DeeGan

Dakink
22-12-05, 09:03 AM
Like whatever :laugh: Sorry DIEHARD, couldn't help myself.

DeeGan

Ill beieve that when I se it!!

That means we actually get to see you :D

DeeGan
22-12-05, 09:07 AM
Ill beieve that when I se it!!

That means we actually get to see you :D

Good point - but what if some have seen me already? ;) You never quite know do you.

This 'man of mystery' thing gathers momentum once again from the pot stirrer Dakink :laugh: I wouldn't expect anything less ;)

DeeGan

Moejoe
22-12-05, 04:09 PM

DeeGan

See the thread in the Social forums :) Diehard and I have been talking about this for the last week or so hehe.

Kingytek
22-12-05, 04:47 PM
If the Titans dont make it in Im going for the Hoey Moey! Apparently they are entered in the tournament. I won $2400 from a $3 Mystery Trifector paying 800/1 at the Hoey Moey the week before the Melbourne Cup!

Research Station Drive
22-12-05, 08:14 PM
If the Titans dont make it in Im going for the Hoey Moey! Apparently they are entered in the tournament. I won $2400 from a $3 Mystery Trifector paying 800/1 at the Hoey Moey the week before the Melbourne Cup!

Kingytek you're a man of class!!!

At Eastern Uni Games '03 the Hoey Moey was the haunt of my Rugby team for a week.

Great place for a party!!!! Friendly people, easy going bouncers, great joint.

The Hoey Moey holds many a fond memory for me :dead:

Kingytek
23-12-05, 08:06 AM
My crew got kicked out after the last race of the day, easily spend $2k on grog and probably the same on the punt. I put $400 on the bar for the lads and I sent the rest back to the hotel, was an awesome day. The managment had the nerve to stop serving us drinks but would still let us punt.
Go the Hoey Moey!

{Edit - Sorry just realised getting off the track a bit}

I wonder (if Titans do enter) who we will send down. Obviously Carty and Gilly will head down as Titan Reps and some juniors\feeders maybe?

Dakink
23-12-05, 08:13 AM
Kingytek you're a man of class!!!

At Eastern Uni Games '03 the Hoey Moey was the haunt of my Rugby team for a week.

Great place for a party!!!! Friendly people, easy going bouncers, great joint.

The Hoey Moey holds many a fond memory for me :dead:

How that place has changed - I have relo's in Coffs and I remember my Dad telling me that the Hoey Moey used to be one of the roughest places on the East Coast - real saw dust on the floor

Kingytek
04-01-06, 11:26 AM
Deegs, are there any updates or further info on the Titans "Possible" involvement?

If involved, I wonder if they will wear a special sevens jersey or the Titans official if released before the date.
Also, if involved and they do wear a special sevens jersey, whats the chance of fans picking one up?

Hmmm....So many questions...... :dizzy:

Peace out!

Cheers

DeeGan

DeeGan
04-01-06, 12:35 PM
Deegs, are there any updates or further info on the Titans "Possible" involvement?

If involved, I wonder if they will wear a special sevens jersey or the Titans official if released before the date.
Also, if involved and they do wear a special sevens jersey, whats the chance of fans picking one up?

Peace out!

Kingytek

Unfortunately you will need to be patient as there will be more info released in the coming days where hopefully your questions will be answered.

That's all I have got for you mate ;)

"Good things comes to those who wait" :)

Cheers

DeeGan

Kingytek
04-01-06, 12:55 PM
Maybe I know too much...

:cop:

DeeGan
04-01-06, 01:15 PM
Maybe I know too much...

:cop:

Great, so questions like the ones posed do not need to be posted ;)

This is for all members...

Understand this, information in relation to topics of this nature will be released in due course by the Gold Coast Titans management when they deem it suitable, not before. Whether it be the Orara Sevens, the new jersey, signings etc. - I will confirm or deny when I am given the nod to do so by Titans management.

I can answer only so much as advised by the management team and will not respond to 'on the quiet' emails and/or PMs.

Thanks for your understanding.

DeeGan

Steve Dangerous
07-01-06, 02:49 PM
there's a story about it in the bulletin today. saying we'll be there with mostly development kids and 4 or so qld-cupers.

(p.s. i don't actually buy that rag)

Moejoe
08-01-06, 11:07 AM
Just read the story in the paper myself, However Untill I see it on the main website, I'll remain sceptical.

DIEHARD
08-01-06, 04:17 PM
Where there is smoke, there is fire.

I'm packing my bags. http://forums.rleague.com/images/smilies/halfman/lol.gif

Moejoe
08-01-06, 05:58 PM
Guess I'll See you there Diehard. Now just to work out the bus routes to get there and Im good to go :)

Queenslander
08-01-06, 07:52 PM
Here is the article out of the Sunday Mail today.

THE final scores may not "echo in eternity", but the Gold Coast Titans will make history at the home of the Gladiator ? Russell Crowe's Orara Valley Sevens tournament ? later this month.

The NRL's newest club will play its first match at the two-day event near Coffs Harbour, which is underwritten by the Hollywood actor and rugby league fanatic.

Crowe was at the inaugural tournament last year and played in a Barbarians team alongside retired stars Gorden Tallis, Mark Geyer, Tim Brasher, Cliff Lyons and Robbie O'Davis.

The Academy Award winner is expected to be at the Coramba Sportsground again this year when the Titans field a side made up of elite academy players.

Tournament organisers invited all NRL clubs to the event and even though the Gold Coast won't enter the premiership until next year, Titans managing director Michael Searle said the club jumped at the chance.

"It will be a historic occasion for the club given it's the first time a side has ever played under the Gold Coast Titans banner," Searle said.

"It's an exciting time for the club and an exciting time for the kids who will be representing the Titans.

"It will be a great opportunity for them to show the coaching staff what they have to offer.

"We also consider Coffs Harbour to be in our catchment area, so we are more than delighted to support an event in our own back yard.

"It will be a big task for the kids because they are all still teenagers but they can't wait to play and we can't wait to see a Titans team running around."

The Titans elite academy has been developed by Gold Coast football manager and 2003 NRL grand final hero Scott Sattler.

Since the Coast came back into the NRL fold seven months ago, it has been signing promising local juniors and the academy has swelled to almost 25 players.

The Titans hope to have more than 150 emerging players on their books in the catchment areas of the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers and Ipswich. The elite academy players recently went through their paces at a camp at Bond University.

A squad of 12 will be taken to the January 28-29 tournament.

Searle said the club may design a jersey especially for the tournament as the Titans were unlikely to wear the new strip they will don in next year's NRL debut.

The jersey is yet to be revealed and is in the last stages of development by uniform suppliers Reebok.

South Sydney will also be attending the tournament with the Rabbitohs to be guests of Crowe at his nearby Nana Glen property.

A total of 36 teams have entered, including national sides from Fiji, US, Japan, NZ Maori, Cook Islands, Malta and Lebanon.

"Old Boys" sides featuring past St George and North Sydney players have nominated while the all-star Barbarians outfit will again feature Tallis and Lyons alongside newcomers Brad Fittler and Luke Ricketson.

DeeGan
09-01-06, 09:13 AM
And there we go ;)

Cheers Queenslander - look for more to be announced on the team website.

DeeGan

Steelers
09-01-06, 11:03 AM
Will this 7's jersey be available to the public at any stage?

Kingytek
09-01-06, 11:10 AM

Peace out!

Ah, some answers to the questions!

Titanium_BD1103
09-01-06, 11:35 AM
YAY I am looking forward to hearing for everyone about how this goes.. our first foray into the RL world with this team.. I am guessing the squad will be made of development squad players.. but this will give the youngsters a chance for a good run against some strong competition.. :)

GO TITANS AND ALL THE BEST AT THE ORARA SEVENS- LETS SHOW THEM WHAT TITAN POWER AND SPIRIT IS ALL ABOUT.. :D :D

Kingytek
09-01-06, 11:37 AM
If so, this will be the first side to take the field under the Titans banner. It would be quite an important event for all of us at the Titans

"It will be a historic occasion for the club given it's the first time a side has ever played under the Gold Coast Titans banner," Searle said.

"It's an exciting time for the club and an exciting time for the kids who will be representing the Titans.

Great minds think alike hey Mikey?

The Original Idiot
09-01-06, 07:06 PM
Come on the Titans, I won't be at Coffs but will be scouring this site for info. Hope the youngins do well. Do we know any confirmed players?(including the 4 Qld cup'ers)

Queenslander
10-01-06, 10:39 AM
And there we go ;)

Cheers Queenslander - look for more to be announced on the team website.

Thanks DeeGan im always in the know ;). Hopefully the titans will go well and give it to the "old boys" and to the rabbitohs so that we can get Russell Crowes and the media's attention. :D

RIP
19-01-06, 10:25 AM
It was in da paper but my bro throw it out already that da titans will b there & they would use da elite Academy 2 present us. it's a great idea, they also said they will have a jersey special made 4 da comp but da jersey is not the 1 that da club's having when they join da nrl GO the TITANS!

GT_Titan
19-01-06, 11:41 AM
If you're interested in the team match-ups and timetable I found on a web search. here is the link.

http://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/www/html/1577-2006-sevens-groups-and-draw.asp