PDA

View Full Version : Vatuvei re-signs with New Zealand Warriors, becomes 2nd 10 year Warrior

DIEHARD
24-08-10, 03:52 PM
Manu Vatuvei re-signs with New Zealand Warriors

GIANT winger Manu Vatuvei is set to become just the second 10-year Warrior with the Kiwi international agreeing to a two-year extension.

Vatuvei, who was already under contract for next season, will now remain at the Warriors until the end of the 2013 season.

Former champion halfback Stacey Jones is the only other player to have notched up 10 years of service with the Warriors, Vatuvei having debuted for the club as an 18-year-old in 2004.

He has scored 75 tries in 110 matches so far, and is just two short of Jones' club record of 77 four-pointers.

There was speculation he was in the sights of both rugby league and rugby union clubs in the northern hemisphere but Vatuvei said he felt he owed the club something.

"The club has done big things for me in the past, I wouldn't have been the player that I am right now [without them]," Vatuvei said.

Vatuvei also revealed he consulted with Kiwi great Ruben Wiki before recommitting to the club.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/