PDA

View Full Version : Chris Walker eyes NRL comeback

DIEHARD
24-08-10, 03:14 AM
Recovering Chris Walker eyes NRL return

Currently with French club Les Catalans, Walker's career was plunged into uncertainty when the ex-Maroons flyer chipped two vertebrae in his neck following a collision with former Manly forward Steve Menzies, now at Bradford.

The incident sidelined Walker for four months, but the tryscoring machine returned to action three weeks ago.

The 30-year-old has been ordered to don a specially designed brace, similar to the one worn by Brent Tate, whose career hung in the balance five years ago after a series of shoulder dislocations.

Walker's NRL days appeared over when he departed the Titans at the end of last season to take up a two-year deal with the Super League club.

But he wouldn't rule out a return to the Titans if there was room for him under the salary cap in 2012.

Earlier this season, Walker received an approach from a Sydney-based club but told them he wanted to honour his deal with Les Catalans.

"I'd like to come back to the NRL," Walker said. "I had some interest to come back at the start of the season but I was committed to seeing out my deal here.

"I've only just turned 30 and last year I felt like I could go for another four or five years so if there was some interest, I'd definitely look at coming back. Obviously it would be great to go back to the Titans considering my history there but I guess a lot would depend on whether the club could fit me in."

Walker, who scored eight tries from 15 games last year for the Titans, said he was not planning to wear the brace for the rest of his career.

"I'm wearing virtually the same brace as Brent Tate," he said. I might be able to take mine off next year ... once I feel confident with it again."

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

TITAN PETE
24-08-10, 11:27 AM
He wouldn't make the squad

titansrawesome
24-08-10, 03:14 PM
yeah, thats why we didnt resign him, we have loads of backline talent, esi tonga and tomane cant get a run

DIEHARD
24-08-10, 03:33 PM
Maybe the Cowboys could pick him up?

dee13
24-08-10, 04:03 PM
He has said that he will be back in the country around the 10th of September. Quote "just in time for Titans semis". We may get to see him make an appearance at Skilled Park. As a spectator of course.

DIEHARD
24-08-10, 04:08 PM
It would be great to have Chris there for the Finals, even as a supporter. He owns a lot of Titans history. And was always my favourite Titan.

dee13
24-08-10, 04:16 PM
It would be great to have Chris there for the Finals, even as a supporter. He owns a lot of Titans history. And was always my favourite Titan.

Chris is a good man. His time at the Titans was amazing not just for him but for the Gold Coast community as well. He took his opportunity when he was given it and turned his whole life around for the better.

GoldCoastTitans100
25-08-10, 07:32 AM
The championship back line

1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Walker - GK
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead

Sydney Titans Fanatic
25-08-10, 07:57 PM
The championship back line

1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Walker - GK
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead

nah you would have
zillman
gordon
toopi
tomane
mead
Bird
Prince

Walker i dont think will ever be a titan maybe some other team could snatch him up

If we needed to recruit anybody it would be anybody who could fit into the front row with the following players over 30 it would be the only players you would be looking to replace in the following years once they retire
bailey
meyers