16. Paul Aiton
17. Taulima Tautai

Match Officials
Referees: Jason Robinson and Chris James
Sideline Officials: Ricky McFarlane and Luke Potter
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

eelectrica
23-08-10, 09:33 PM
Trap game, but listening to Johnny Cartwright gives me belief we won't have a let down. Also the way Scotty Prince is playing now - so involved.
We've got too much to play for. Win here and I'm pretty sure we can't miss the top 4.

Coaster
23-08-10, 09:41 PM
Games like this worry me.
The Sharks have nothing to play for, but there playing against friends, and silly injuries happen if your not at 100% intensity.

Minds need to worry about mates and retirements after, and really put in

titansrawesome
23-08-10, 09:46 PM
Games like this worry me.
The Sharks have nothing to play for, but there playing against friends, and silly injuries happen if your not at 100% intensity.

Minds need to worry about mates and retirements after, and really put in

yes we cant do play like the roosters did against them, also i hope we get no more injuries before finals time

karnage
23-08-10, 09:57 PM
The boys need a repeat performance of that Cowboys win this coming week - we need to be clinical and take any incentive they have out of the game.

If we can just complete sets early and turn the game into a grind they will lose interest and fall away at the latter end of each half exactly as the Cowboys and Dogs do every week because they have nothing to play for.

Do you think they might be out to put a hit on Bird in this one??

Importantly, is there any news on wether Gallen was charged for a grapple tackle - I read in a Sunday paper that he might have a case to answer...

amaline
23-08-10, 10:02 PM
The boys need a repeat performance of that Cowboys win this coming week - we need to be clinical and take any incentive they have out of the game.

If we can just complete sets early and turn the game into a grind they will lose interest and fall away at the latter end of each half exactly as the Cowboys and Dogs do every week because they have nothing to play for.

Do you think they might be out to put a hit on Bird in this one??

Importantly, is there any news on wether Gallen was charged for a grapple tackle - I read in a Sunday paper that he might have a case to answer...

Don't think so. There was talk about the stuff put on report after the game tonight. The only person facing suspension was Pettybourne. Slater and Costigan were the other two put on report, but they won't miss a game with an early guilty plea.

karnage
23-08-10, 10:36 PM
Don't think so. There was talk about the stuff put on report after the game tonight. The only person facing suspension was Pettybourne. Slater and Costigan were the other two put on report, but they won't miss a game with an early guilty plea.

Bugger... They would have turned it up without him there - he is their heart and soul.

lonegull
24-08-10, 06:56 AM
danger game, we have got to keep the momentum going, i hop ethe players dotn take this game lightly because the sharks in the last couple of weeks have been playing great footy, plus gallen v bird

matti
24-08-10, 04:02 PM
No Preston this week Seale said :(

Boofhead
24-08-10, 04:10 PM
Titans
1. Campbell
2. Gordon
3. Michaels
4. Toopi
5. Zillman
6. Rogers
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. White
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Henderson
15. Myers
16. Bird
17. Thompson

Crapnulla Sharks
1. Nathan Gardner
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Dean Collis
4. Ben Pomeroy
5. Luke Covell
6. Trent Barrett (c)
7. Tim Smith
8. Kade Snowden
9. John Morris
10. Luke Douglas
11. Grant Millington
12. Anthony Tupou
13. Paul Gallen

14. Adam Cuthbertson
15. Broderick Wright
16. Paul Aiton
17. Taulima Tautai

Wankers
Referees: Jason Robinson and Chris James
Sideline Officials: Ricky McFarlane and Luke Potter
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Boofhead
24-08-10, 04:34 PM
Laffranchi cleared to tackle Sharks
Luke Turgeon | August 24th, 2010

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2010/08/24/laffranchi-perrett-tackle-23810.jpg

TITANS back rower Anthony Laffranchi has been cleared to play against the Cronulla Sharks at Toyota Stadium on Saturday after no charges were laid from the NRL match review committee following last night's win over the Roosters.

The former NSW and Test representative was placed on report inside the opening eight minutes for a lifting tackle on Roosters winger Sam Perrett.

But the NRL has decided he has no case to answer.

The Titans scored an impressive 23-14 win over the Roosters to climb back to second with two minor rounds remaining.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
24-08-10, 04:37 PM
Well I hope Preston is fit, but we still don't want or need to rush him back.

Boofhead
24-08-10, 05:00 PM
Well I hope Preston is fit, but we still don't want or need to rush him back.

Agree 100% - would do him good to have a rest before the finals anyway.

titansrawesome
24-08-10, 05:02 PM
gardnere is very good i rekon, we just need to chase every kick hard to nullify him

gotitans101
24-08-10, 05:48 PM
Not that it really matters - but the picture is the wrong way round, we aren't at home!

Anyway I think this is a danger game for us. Sharkies will come out firing, Bird back on home turf, Barrett and Covell's last game at Toyota Stadium as well so they'll be looking to have a big one.

dee13
24-08-10, 06:40 PM
Bird, Rogers and Presto back on old turf.

I hope The Sharks fans remember Matty and give him a deserving send off on Saturday night.

karnage
24-08-10, 10:11 PM
From NRL.com

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright has named livewire fullback Preston Campbell to return for Saturday night's NRL match-up with Cronulla at Toyota Park.

The 33-year-old missed Monday night's win over the Sydney Roosters with a hamstring injury but the Titans are confident he will recover in time despite the short turnaround.

Speedster William Zillman returns to the wing to accommodate Campbell's return.

DIEHARD
24-08-10, 11:02 PM
Sharks Pomeroy Defies The Pain

Desperate to be part of the farewell party at Shark Park on Saturday night, Cronulla centre Ben Pomeroy will ignore a painful rib cartilage injury to return against the in-form Gold Coast at Toyota Stadium.

The experienced back sat out last week's loss to Melbourne but returns for the Titans clash, which will see Trent Barrett and Luke Covell make their final home ground appearances in the NRL.

Ricky Leutele makes way for Pomeroy while Adam Cuthbertson replaces the injured Josh Cordoba (hamstring) on the bench in the only changes to the Cronulla line-up.

"I knew it was 'Baz' and 'Cov's' last home game and I didn?t want to miss it," Pomeroy said.

"They are two great blokes and great players and I've enjoyed playing with them both."

"They will be missed around here."

Covell and Pomeroy joined the Sharks a year apart and have been inseparable ever since.

They occupy the same side of the field and away from football can be found trying to take money from each other on the golf course.

"He's one of the real pros at the club. He's not one of your quiet wingers; he lets you know he's around and what's happening out there," Pomeroy said of Covell.

"He's been here as long as I have and been on my edge the whole time and I will miss him."

"We're good mates away from footy and play a bit of golf and catch up in our spare time."

"It won't be the same without him."

Switching his attention to Barrett, Pomeroy said of the veteran five-eighth: "I didn't need to play with him to know he was a class player and I just wish we could have had him for another year."

"I can see why his career has gone so well for so long."

"He's one of the best of his era."

The Titans will arrive at Shark Park as the form team of the NRL after five straight wins.

Pomeroy is counting on the emotion of the night to bring the best out in the hosts.

"Cov and Baz deserve to go out with a win and we owe it to our fans to finish the year with a win," he explained.

"It's going to be a tough night against them ? they've been playing well ? but we've got plenty to play for."

"We were disappointed with the game against the Storm but to get a win up at out last home game was really good so hopefully we can get another win to finish of the season here at home on a high."

Source: http://www.Sharks.com.au

TITAN PETE
25-08-10, 10:23 AM
Sharks Pomeroy Defies The Pain

Desperate to be part of the farewell party at Shark Park on Saturday night, Cronulla centre Ben Pomeroy will ignore a painful rib cartilage injury to return against the in-form Gold Coast at Toyota Stadium.

Source: http://www.Sharks.com.au

I hope Toopi & Michaels ignore his Painful Ribs too .... :eyebrows:

DIEHARD
25-08-10, 04:21 PM
Bird to bite back at Shark Park

Cronulla veteran Paul Gallen expects former team-mate Greg Bird to receive a hero's welcome when he returns at 'Shark Park' on Saturday night for the first time since he was controversially sacked by the club.

Bird was cut loose by the Sharks in August 2008 after he was charged over the alleged glassing of his then girlfriend Katie Milligan.

The 26-year-old was initially found guilty of common assault but had his conviction overturned on appeal, clearing the way for his return to the NRL with Gold Coast at the start of this season.

And while Bird's controversial exit from the Sutherland Shire was a major factor in the club's recent struggles, Gallen is predicting a warm reception for his good mate on Saturday night.

"Judging by some of the signs we've seen around here this year he might get a pretty good one (reaction)," Gallen said of Bird's anticipated return on Wednesday.

"It might be one of the best home coming for a bloke that's left the club in history. We'll wait and see but he probably will get a fair welcome home I think."

But Gallen played down the significance of his head-to-head battle with Bird.

"It'll be the first time we've ever played against each other so it'll be something new and interesting but I won't be going out of my way to look for him and I'm sure he'll be the same," Gallen said.

"I'm not overly looking forward to it, no. I know he's a good player but I'm not really too worried about it. I'm just going to go out there and do my job and he's got bigger things to worry about than just me."

"I don't think he's going to be solely concerned on me. I'm sure if we're in the same area and we get the ball we'll be into each other but other than that we're just going to go and play our normal games."

While reluctant to stir up the fiery Bird, Gallen let his guard down when asked if Bird is among the toughest players he's played with or against.

"Are you serious? On the field he's tough but that's about it. He's a good bloke and he is tough, especially on the field. I wouldn't say that at training - he's a bit of a hypochondriac at training - but certainly on the field he's very uncompromising."

Despite their lowly ranking on the NRL ladder (14th), Gallen made no secret of his desire to send Trent Barrett and Luke Covell out on a winning note and revealed the side's plans to throw caution to the wind against the high-flying Titans.

"We haven't played well here all year and the last game we played here (against the Roosters) was pretty good and we'd like to send the two boys who are retiring out on a good note and also the fans who have turned up all year," he said.

And after a forgettable year, Gallen admits retaining his spot in the Kangaroos line-up ahead of the upcoming Four Nations tournament against England, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea, is also a major source of motivation.

"I've got to admit this has probably been the hardest and most frustrating year I've had in my career," he said.

"Last year was tough but last year we had so many external things going on that were hard and took away from our focus on the field that we sort of had an excuse but this year we've probably just underachieved a little bit I feel."

"There's no point me going through the motions here just because I know we can't make the semis. I still want to put my best foot forward and keep my Australian spot."

"I've been there for the past three years now so it's certainly something that I want to do and I'll have to keep playing good."

http://sportal.com.au/

DIEHARD
25-08-10, 04:22 PM
Titans Presto long odds to face Sharks

PRESTON Campbell remains at long odds of lining up against the Cronulla Sharks on Saturday after failing to train with the rest of his Gold Coast Titans teammates this morning.

While the majority of the squad completed a field session at Robina, Campbell was off to the side being put through his paces by trainer Ronnie Palmer.

Campbell injured his hamstring during training last Friday and was a late scratching against the Roosters.

Yesterday he was named at fullback to battle the Sharks, but appears highly unlikely to take his place.

''He is very doubtful this week,'' conceded Titans coach John Cartwright today.

''They are monitoring his (work) loads.''

NSW Origin representative Greg Bird made a successful return from his own hamstring injury against the Roosters and will come off the bench against his former club.

The return of Bird sets up a mouth-watering match-up with fellow Blues 'bash brother', good mate and Sharks lock Paul Gallen.

It will be the first time he has returned to the play in the Shire since he was sacked by the club under controversial circumstances.

''There is too much at stake to worry about Bird versus Gallen,'' said Cartwright.

''We will worry about the team.

''When it is all over I am sure he would like to say he got one over them, but in the heat of the game you don't have time to think about that.''

Titans veterans Mat Rogers, Anthony Laffranchi and Clinton Toopi did not train today but Cartwright said they were not injured and just being rested.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
25-08-10, 04:23 PM
PICTURES FROM TITANS TRAINING 25 AUGUST ON GOLDCOAST.COM.AU (http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/photo-gallery/photo_gallery_popup_preview.php?splash=1&category_id=18435)

DIEHARD
25-08-10, 04:26 PM
Friend says Titans team mates not concerned by comments from critics or bookies
Jason Sintome

Speak to Titans rake Nathan Friend and he?ll tell you confidence is high at the Titans, but more importantly, the team have a great attitude towards each other, their goals and the games.

Speaking in the lead up to Saturday nights Cronulla clash at Shark Park and Friend says there is plenty for the Titans to play for despite the Sharks lowly position on the points table including a home final.

After twenty four rounds of competition the Rugby league world has finally recognised the Gold Coast as a genuine premiership threat in 2010, adding that the squad aren?t concerned by comments from critics or bookies as they strive towards the finals series on the back of five straight wins.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

TITAN PETE
25-08-10, 04:42 PM
I would be very surprised if Presto even flys down to Sydney, if there's any doubt at all keep the man wrapped in Cotton Wool we can play without him for another week or 2

DIEHARD
25-08-10, 08:06 PM
Titans star Greg Bird wary of Shark attack on return to Cronulla

GOLD Coast Titans firebrand Greg Bird admits to a sense of trepidation about his return to Cronulla - the club that effectively ran him out of town last year.

Sacked by the Sharks following off-field dramas, Bird shapes as the Titans' finals x-factor after a successful comeback from a hamstring tear in Gold Coast's 23-14 win over the Roosters in Sydney on Monday.

He has been back to Cronulla several times since he returned from a playing stint in France late last year, but this will be his first match against the club that showed him the door after he was accused, and later found not guilty of assaulting his girlfriend.

"I'm looking forward to playing the Sharks, I can tell you that," Bird said.

"I don't think I left there on bad terms, although I was disappointed with some things obviously.

"I don't really know how I will be received there, but I'm really looking forward to coming up against Gallsy (Paul Gallen) and my old mates, especially as I played seven or eight years at Shark Park."

The Titans are second on the NRL ladder and Bird believes they have a real shot at winning the premiership.

"We've got a lot more strike in this team than Cronulla in 2008 when we were beaten in the preliminary final.

"At Cronulla we had a great bunch of blokes and we had to work our hardest together to win games. This team has got more flair and experience and hopefully we can take it a step further than the club has been before.

"The Titans have worked hard over the last four years to build to this level, and we really think this could be our time."

Cronulla will farewell stalwart winger Luke Covell and former Test five-eighth Trent Barrett on Saturday, and while Bird has a soft spot for both players he will not let sentiment get in the way.

"I'm sure it will be an emotional occasion, but hopefully we can go out there and rain on their parade," he said.

With former Cronulla crowd favourite Mat Rogers in great form at five-eighth for the Titans, Bird remains on the interchange bench.

"I'm happy just to slip into the way the team is going and do whatever I can," he said.

"It probably will be emotional for Mat too, given he is retiring, but he has quite a few more games to worry about with the finals coming up and I'm sure this will be just a small blip on his radar."

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au

DIEHARD
25-08-10, 08:11 PM
Sharks v Titans
Saturday, 5.30pm - Toyota Stadium

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titansvssharks.jpg

If the final home game for the retiring Luke Covell and Trent Barrett can?t bring out a gallant performance from the Sharks, then the boys from Cronulla haven?t come as far as everyone thought.

Covell has played 129 games for the club since 2005 while Barrett has played 34 games in his two seasons in the shire. Both have been true servants of the club, and the game will be the perfect chance for fans to give them a proper farewell. More importantly, however, Saturday?s match gives the Sharks? players the chance to leave a good memory in the minds of their supporters during the off-season, as a poor performance could be the final nail in the coffin for some.

The Titans come into this game on the back of some superb recent performances. They?ve won their past five games (Dragons, Warriors, Eels, Cowboys and Roosters) with wins against some quality oppositions.

The win against the Roosters last Monday night was a tantalising game of end-to-end football, and if they can play the same in this game, the Sharks could be in for a long night.

Scott Prince was at his best last Monday, setting up two tries and keeping the Roosters guessing the whole 80 minutes, with unpredictable play and superior vision that showed everyone why he is the form halfback of the competition.

The Sharks come into this game having won just one game since coach Shane Flanagan took over from Ricky Stuart little more than a month ago, and a win now will confirm the belief of many that the team has turned the corner.

Despite losing to the Storm 24-4 in Melbourne last weekend, there were positive signs to take out of the game. Despite the Storm having plenty of possession, Cronulla managed to keep them to 4-0 at halftime, defending their line with great energy. But a lapse of concentration in the second half and a number of turnovers allowed the Storm to take control. To give themselves a chance against the Titans, the players will need to defend like they did in the first half of last week?s game, but for the full 80 minutes.

And while there?s no sugar-coating how disappointing the Sharks have been this season, there are some good signs for the team, most notably the form of Nathan Gardner. Both Flanagan and Stuart have been raving about the young fullback all season, and he?ll be an important factor in this game.

Watch out Sharks: Scott Prince is the key man in his side?s attack, and how he plays will be a defining factor in the Titans? chances of victory.

As mentioned above, Prince showed great creativity against the Roosters, and his unpredictability means he will constantly have the opposition in two minds. He has 21 try assists this season ? the second most of any player in the competition ? and has 15 line-break assists as well.

Whether spreading the ball through the hands or using the boot, you can bet that Prince will be a handful for the entire game.

Watch out Titans: While the line about there being ?plenty to play for? is brought out quite often ? perhaps too often ? it?s certainly the case in this game with Barrett and Covell.

For a team which has had little to cheer about all season, it would be a mistake to underestimate the motivation the players will have to give the retiring players one last win in front of the faithful.

Barrett has been one of Cronulla?s most committed and energetic players all year, particularly in defence, and he?ll no doubt match those levels for this match. Barrett had four try assists in the Round 21 game against the Tigers, and has shown patches of his ball-running best during the past few games. In his home-game swansong, he?ll be one the Titans will be wary of.

Where it will be won: In the handling department. Both sides have far from impressive error rates, with the Sharks and Titans making 12.7 and 12.1 errors per game respectively, putting them in the bottom half of teams in that area.

Last week showed that the Sharks would be a competitive side with better handling, and it doesn?t take a genius to figure out what Scott Prince, Mat Rogers, and Preston Campbell could do with more time in possession.

The history: Played 5; Titans 3, Sharks 2. The Sharks have won both games played at Toyota Stadium, winning by a margin of 16 points in both matches.

In what could prove to be an omen, Luke Covell was the star of the show the last time the Titans played in Cronulla, scoring two tries and kicking five goals to rack up a personal tally of 18 points.

Conclusion: It?s always dangerous in a game like this when one team?s season is over while the other is cruising to a guaranteed finals spot, and the Titans will need to make sure their heads are screwed on right otherwise the Sharks could surprise them.

But as much as the Sharks have the motivation to win this one, it?s pretty tough to tip against the Titans.

The Sharks are a chance, but the points are for the taking if the Titans play even half as well as they have during the past few weeks. Betting on the Sharks with the margin could be a good option.

Match officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Chris James; Sideline Officials ? Ricky McFarlane & Luke Potter; Video Ref ? Bill Harrigan.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 5.30pm.

Source: http://www.nrl.com

JoshyCii
26-08-10, 12:37 AM
I reckon if Presto's not up to it, he should sit it out, there will be games in the future that his presence will be much more valuable in than this game.

teke
26-08-10, 02:33 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen - Titans crack the 40 barrier in this match.

:wave:

DIEHARD
26-08-10, 03:30 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen - Titans crack the 40 barrier in this match.

:wave:

Oh yes please! I hope we can crush them. But at the same time I am very wary as the Titans never get any easy games.

DIEHARD
26-08-10, 03:35 AM
Bird has big fish to fry in return to Sharks

TITANS hard man Greg Bird is eagerly anticipating a showdown with former flatmate Paul Gallen on Saturday as he returns to Toyota Stadium for the first time since he was sacked by Cronulla in 2008.

Bird and Gallen were colloquially known as the Bash Brothers during their seven years together at the Sharks, and were reunited briefly in July when both were selected for NSW for the third match of the State of Origin series.

Never, though, have the two men renowned for their uncompromising, win-at-all-costs approach been on opposite sides.

''I played seven years there - it's always good fun playing against blokes who I haven't played against before,'' said Bird, who returned from a lay-off with a hamstring injury in Gold Coast's 23-14 win over the Sydney Roosters on Monday night.

''I don't know whether I'll be going out and trying to put one on him ? I'll just go out and enjoy myself. It should be good fun playing against Gal. We used to live together, and were pretty tight when we played together there. I'm sure he'll be right on top of his game to make sure I don't get one over him.''

The Titans' visit to the Sutherland Shire on Saturday represents Bird's first foray back to the ground where he made his name. He was cut by the Sharks in August 2008 in the midst of furore over his alleged assault with a glass of his girlfriend Katie Milligan. He was later acquitted, but returned to the NRL only this year after a spell with Catalans Dragons.

''I'm looking forward to it - it's going to be a big occasion for me personally,'' Bird said. ''It's also a big game for us as a team ? there's bigger fish to fry than my history at Cronulla.''

Gallen predicted a rousing reception for Bird from the faithful. ''It might be one of the best homecomings for a bloke that's left the club in history,'' he said. ''It'll be the first time we've ever played against each other so it'll be something new and interesting but I won't be going out of my way to look for him and I'm sure he'll be the same.''

Bird has played most of his first year at the Titans at five-eighth but has been named for a second week in a row on the interchange bench, with the retiring Mat Rogers enjoying a sparkling run of form in the halves alongside captain Scott Prince.

The Titans, firmly nestled in the top four, and a chance of stealing the minor premiership from St George Illawarra after winning five games on the trot, have much to play for against Cronulla. However, they also have an eye on peaking at the right time, having faded dismally last year.

''A lot of the guys have spoken about that,'' Bird said. ''I wasn't around then ? The boys had a few injuries by the end of last season and from what they've said didn't have momentum on their side. I don't think that is the case this year ? we've worked up a head of steam.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

titanstattman
26-08-10, 08:46 AM
I dont think bird has anything to prove down there

titanstattman
26-08-10, 10:47 AM
Nd iv been told that the team has not been 100% done as booff is also in doubt of playing this week....

TITAN PETE
26-08-10, 11:07 AM
Bruise Brothers turn on each other

By Steve Jancetic AAP Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:26:25
Together they were the 'Bruise Brothers' but at Toyota Park on Saturday night the family will turn on each other when Paul Gallen and Greg Bird go head to head for the first time.

The good mates will line-up on opposite sides of the field when Cronulla host Gold Coast.

Bird is returning to the Sutherland Shire for the first time since being sacked by the club after he was charged and later cleared of assaulting his girlfriend.

Despite having the clash marked down on his calendar, Gallen admitted to having some apprehension about taking on his former Sharks team-mate.

"I'm not overly looking forward to it - he's a good player," Gallen said.

"I won't be going out of my way to look for him and I'm sure he'll be the same.

"If we're in the same area and we get the ball we'll be into each other but other than that we're just going to play our normal game."

But normal for this pair is anything but placid, with both known for their rugged competitiveness and willingness to test the letter of the law with their play.

It is sure to be an emotional night for Bird, who was shown the door midway through 2008, returning to face the club at which he rose through the ranks to claim a Test jersey.

Despite the dramatic nature of his exit, Gallen said he expected Bird to be warmly welcomed by the Sharks faithful.

"Judging by some of the signs I've see around here this year he might get a pretty good one," Gallen said of the anticipated reaction by the Cronulla crowd.

"It might be one of the best homecomings for a bloke that's left a club in history."

Bird won't be the only ex-Shark coming back to Toyota Park, with Preston Campbell - who won a Dally M medal with the club in 2001 - and Mat Rogers also returning.

Rogers will join current Sharks Trent Barrett and Luke Covell in playing his last game at the ground, the trio to hang up their boots at the end of the season.

With the Sharks having struggled mightily the last two seasons, Gallen said he felt compelled to send Barrett out a winner after the former St George Illawarra playmaker arrived at the club expecting to challenge for the premiership.

"The great career he's had and what he's achieved, the way he's finished his last two seasons probably hasn't been something that he's deserved," Gallen said.

"Hopefully these last two games we can go out and play some good footy for him and to get a couple of wins would be the ultimate."

Ryan
26-08-10, 12:42 PM
Anthony Laffranchi, Preston Campbell ruled out of Titans clash with Sharks
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27613640-5018866,00.html
August 26, 2010

Gold Coast Titans stars Preston Campbell and Anthony Laffranchi have been ruled out of their side's clash with Cronulla after failing to recover from injuries.

Campbell missed the Titans' 23-14 victory over Sydney Roosters on Monday night with a hamstring strain, but was hopeful of being fit for the clash with the Sharks.

William Zillman is expected to move from the wing to fullback, where he filled in for Campbell on Monday night.

Laffranchi has succumb to a shoulder injury, meaning former Sharks five-eighth Greg Bird moves into the starting line-up for his return to Toyota Stadium.

A win against the Sharks would keep the Titans' minor premiership hopes alive.

teke
26-08-10, 02:45 PM
Expect Tomane to have a big game in the under 20s.

The Titans are looking stronger every week.

Titans win 46 - 12

titansrawesome
26-08-10, 03:09 PM
so taga is back in?

Tamwelg
26-08-10, 03:19 PM
so taga is back in?

Taga been playing for the Jetz in QRL the past few weeks.

patskE
26-08-10, 05:25 PM
prob be him(as he was 18th man) or ben ridge?

lonegull
26-08-10, 07:00 PM
Expect Tomane to have a big game in the under 20s.

The Titans are looking stronger every week.

Titans win 46 - 12

Is tomane back from injury?

Tamwelg
26-08-10, 09:16 PM
Is tomane back from injury?

He started full contact training last week.

Supergoose
27-08-10, 08:17 AM
I hope big Joe can come good quickly, I reckon he will be a major boost for us on the right wing. Whether zillman or toopi makes way is the big question and both have been great. Maybe tomane on the bench to act as cover for our backline. He certainly would add to our attacking potency bringing th ball back from kicks and dummy half running, never mind his excellent work in the air. Anyway, tomane and Atkins = good cover for any backline injuries we might pick-up. With Bird in the forwards we definitely have the luxury of having a back on the bench.

dee13
27-08-10, 12:12 PM
I think Bird could show up in second row. Chalky trained with the squad this morning as well as Sam. Joseph was there but wasn't actually training along side the squad.

Tamwelg
27-08-10, 04:53 PM
Zillman will play fullback, Atkins wing, Bird 2nd row and Taga comes on to the bench. Not bad replacements at all. We have fantastic depth this year.

DIEHARD
28-08-10, 04:41 PM
SMH: SHARKS vs TITANS

Saturday, Toyota Stadium, 5.30pm

Referees: Jason Robinson, Chris James
Head to head: Titans 3, Sharks 2
Last clash: Titans 20 bt Sharks 10 at Skilled Park (rd 24 2009)
TAB SportsBet: Titans $1.36, Sharks $3.00
FootyTab: Sharks +8.5

The Titans are bidding to become the first team this season to win six in a row. Usually, there are a couple of longer winning streaks than that in a season, but the fact no team has managed to get past five is a great indication of just how even this competition is. The Titans have a clear advantage over the Sharks on paper, but the Sharks are playing their last home game of the season and will use the occasion to farewell Trent Barrett and Luke Covell, who are retiring at season's end. That makes them dangerous, because teammates inevitably lift under such circumstances.

The Titans beat the Roosters 23-14 on the road on Monday night. They fell behind early, but as is usually the case they stuck at it and began to make things difficult for the opposition because of their sheer persistence. The Roosters ended up making too many mistakes to win, and the Titans will aim to force the Sharks into considerable error as well. The Sharks lost to the Storm on the road last weekend, but the week before they won at home over the Roosters. The Titans are hot at the moment, but this could be a tricky game for them.

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/

DIEHARD
28-08-10, 05:00 PM
A loss may actually add some sparkle to Gold Coast Titans' NRL finals hopes
Darren Lockyer

IT would not be the end of the world for the Gold Coast to lose at Cronulla. It might actually help them have their best chance of winning their first premiership.

I reckon the Titans need a loss going into the sudden-death games in the semis. A loss allows good teams to re-set their attitude and re-focus on what they need to do.

The Titans have won their past five matches. That is the equal longest winning streak of the season by any team this year. The loss the Dragons had in Canberra last weekend won't hurt their long-term chances.

The competition between the teams this year, manufactured by the salary cap, is so tight that a small drop in performance or an error here or there can be decisive. To win games you need to be prepared mentally and going by results this year teams struggle to hold it together for much longer than a month. I think the team that best starts a form curve on the eve of the finals will time their run to win the premiership.

If they win their last two home-and-away games, that makes seven. A win in the first week of the finals, means they would have to win 10 in a row to take out the premiership by taking out the preliminary final and grand final.

That's an eternity in this competition for a team to be at their best mentally and also have their best team on the field. I notice Scott Prince said after the win over the Roosters last Monday that the Titans "just have that confidence and self-belief at the moment".

When Broncos and Queensland teams I am in are going well and reporters ask me where the good form and results are coming from, those are the words I find myself most frequently using in reply.

I've been consistent this year in rating the Titans among the best title chances.

Two years ago, I wrote in this column that I thought that group of Gold Coast players was premiership-ready. They have a good mix of experience, defence and attacking assets throughout their history.

The salary cap mitigates against truly great teams, such as Easts in the 1970s and Parramatta in the 1980s, capturing the imagination of the public, but the fact so many teams have a premiership chance is good for the game and also adds weight to the NRL's claims for wealthier broadcast deals from 2013.

Expansion is an issue for the NRL, hopefully an NRL independent commission, to address. If the business plan adds up, I think two more clubs, and one needs to be in Perth, would be something the game could adequately service, especially if an increase to the salary cap is granted, as it would entice Australian players currently in the Super League to come home.

Critics would say a game between 15th and 17th wouldn't keep too many backsides on lounge chairs. But up until two weeks ago, wasn't team No.12 still a chance of making this year's finals?

WE are experimenting with different ways of strapping my ribs ahead of me hopefully playing on Friday night against Canberra at Suncorp Stadium.

I'd say I'm a 50-50 chance of playing, but the state of the table at the end of the weekend will have an effect on my decision as well - we will weigh everything up.

Had I played in Auckland, I'd have probably missed next week against Canberra. Souths and Parramatta losing helped our cause.

I trained on Monday and got through about three-quarters of the session. There were a couple of things which gave me a bit of discomfort and suggested my ribs were not strong enough. The coming week, we will try to do a little more and see how it fairs.

While the team was in Auckland, I was able to continue with my fitness work back at Red Hill.

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au

Rage
28-08-10, 06:59 PM
Things not looking good...

Boofhead
28-08-10, 07:07 PM
No one tried tonight, ****ing disappointment.

Rage
28-08-10, 07:10 PM
Late try to Atkins. Our for and against took a bit of a hit, hope it doesn't prove costly later on.
Final score: 30-16 Sharks win

Titanic
28-08-10, 07:10 PM
That's the reality check we needed but so dismal.

gotitans101
28-08-10, 07:20 PM
Not worried. To be honest...I sort of had a feeling we might lose this one. Well done to the Sharkies though who I thought were great tonight.

titansrawesome
28-08-10, 07:24 PM
thers something about the nrl that wont let you have a long win streak, it always tinks you are due for a loss, this was tied for the longest win streak this year by a team which tells you why we lost

miamims
28-08-10, 07:27 PM
I have never been so disappointed as I was tonight.....

jimbeam06
28-08-10, 07:48 PM
Ok time to move on we have to beat the tigers next week and start our finals shot :thumbsup:

lonegull
28-08-10, 07:54 PM
one word sums up the permformance "FLAT"
the last couple of weeks really must have taken a toll

TITAN PETE
28-08-10, 07:56 PM
Not too worried about the loss as we would've been chasing 10 wins in a row to make the GF but i'm much more worried about Rogers as we will struggle without the Rat if he's injured next week

karnage
28-08-10, 08:12 PM
No team has won 6 in a row all year so I would have hated to go into the first wek of the semi's on the back of 7 in a row.

This is the reality check we needed before things go up yet another gear.

eelectrica
28-08-10, 08:20 PM
Not all that surprised. I needed an upset in a tipping comp I'm second in and decided the Sharks were capable.
Can't help but think they were looking ahead to next weeks must win game against the Tigers. Well it's must win now because I really want another home final!

teke
28-08-10, 09:27 PM
Jeepers that was an ordinary performance.

Sharks should be kicked out of the comp simply for their annoyance factor

matti
28-08-10, 10:14 PM
there stupid damn song !

titanstattman
29-08-10, 12:51 AM
Not all that surprised. I needed an upset in a tipping comp I'm second in and decided the Sharks were capable.
Can't help but think they were looking ahead to next weeks must win game against the Tigers. Well it's must win now because I really want another home final!

We going to have a home semi no matter wat I think.....

As much as I hated to lose agaist the sharks... I argee with u guys we need to lose to make us relize wat we are playing for nd wat our goal is for the best player in our club... Mat 'Rat' Rogers.....

titanstattman
29-08-10, 01:54 AM
Gold Coast suffered a blow to their top four hopes with a surprise 30-16 loss to Cronulla on Saturday night, but the Titans are confident the set back is just a blip on their finals radar.

The Titans will need to beat Wests Tigers next week to cement a home final, however they were far from panicked after their five-match winning streak came to an end at the hands of the gutsy Sharks.

However, of concern for coach John Cartwright is the health of in-form five-eighth Mat Rogers, who eft the field early with a hip-flexor injury.

The visitors had it all to play for cronulla looked a team on a mission as they fought to send retiring veterans Trent Barrett and Luke Covell out winners on home soil at Toyota Park.

Covell had a night to emember scoring the opening try from an intercept and going on to kick a perfect five from five.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan was delighted his side could farewell two of their most experienced players with victory, but wasn't convinced Covell would bag a try as his notorious lack of pace threatened to stop him on a 45 metre dash to the line in the seventh minute of play.

"I was up in the box and there were some people cheering and my first thought was he won't get there but it was great for him to score," Flanagan said of Covell taking the loose pass from Titans captain Scott Prince, and then fending the halfback off to get over the line. "I was so happy for Trent and Cov, they've been great players, both represented their country and they've been great club men." Video referee Bill Harrigan made an easy return to the box after his axing, with not one of the eight tries being sent upstairs for checking.

It was also Greg Bird's first trip back to The Shire after being sacked by Cronulla in 2008.

Bird got the chance to start and his aggressive play in attack and defence led the way for an otherwise flat Titans outfit, who struggled without Prince on his game.

"It wasn't really the desired result but that was only a small blimp on the matches that are going to be coming up in the next few weeks for us," said Bird, who only got a few boos from fans and spent plenty of time in the Sharks sheds after the match.

Cronulla got off to a strong start and took an 18-6 advantage into halftime after Gallen - who Flanagan praised as the best back rower in the NRL - set up a try for Nathan Gardner and then scored one himself.

The Titans came out firing early in the second, and dynamic interchange player Bodene Thompson scored his second try of the night - after some incredible lead-up work which saw the ball kicked twice and touched by seven sets of hands.

However, the Sharks wrapped up one of their most convincing wins of the season when halfback Tim Smith kicked for himself and dived over in the 57th minute.

www.nrl.com.au

bigjim
29-08-10, 02:13 AM
I love the Titans but really, we beat the Roasters, we beat the Dragons, we beat the Eels but we can't beat the Sharks. They are second last on the ladder. This is the sort of game we need to win to gain credibility. Any chance of a minor premiership or even a home final could be out the window.:doh:

bigjim
29-08-10, 02:15 AM
Mind you, some of the refs decisions had me scratching my head.

Coaster
29-08-10, 08:02 AM
That game was about fatigue and respect.
A lack of respect to the ball and sharks.

Had we won and also Next week we would have needed to win 10 straight for the GF.

Get the boys home and let's get ready for the tigpies.

Bodine was great

titansrawesome
29-08-10, 10:13 AM
i just want that top 2 spot so that we get the week off to go to lang park when we win in the 1st week

Titan2007
29-08-10, 10:24 AM
I hope Lafrancs' is ok for the tigers game! Bird, 10 tackles, 8 missed tackles and THAT kick on the 2nd/third tackle so close to our line, what was that! Not good enough for a second rower. Matt Rogers hopefully will be fit for 5/8, Bird back to the bench. Stats tell the whole story. I honestly believed we could beat the Sharks. Very disappointed by some decisions but you get that when trying too hard. Next week, different story. Back to basics. DEFEND, DEFEND, DEFEND!

Ryan
29-08-10, 10:53 AM
I hope Lafrancs' is ok for the tigers game! Bird, 10 tackles, 8 missed tackles and THAT kick on the 2nd/third tackle so close to our line, what was that! Not good enough for a second rower. Matt Rogers hopefully will be fit for 5/8, Bird back to the bench. Stats tell the whole story. I honestly believed we could beat the Sharks. Very disappointed by some decisions but you get that when trying too hard. Next week, different story. Back to basics. DEFEND, DEFEND, DEFEND!
Put most of those missed tackles down to shoulder charges that bruised a few ribs but didn't 'technically' complete the tackle, he made some massive hits in defence. "That kick" wasn't too flash but Prince and Rogers had a few of those too. Bird was bending the line all night, he was probably our best bar Harrison. Stats only tell half the story.....
Bodene had an awesome game considering he only played 36mins, made excellent impact and obviously got all the points too.

Coaster
29-08-10, 11:27 AM
i just want that top 2 spot so that we get the week off to go to lang park when we win in the 1st week

Last year the Storm finished fourth, but got the next week off, it all depends on results, the top 2 winning teams in the first week get that advantage, all we need to do is concentrate on tigers, we win that and we get a home semi, we win that and anything could happen

shamus
29-08-10, 11:29 AM
I was a little disappointed in Toopi considering the blinder he had last week. The first 2 penalties against us was for him stripping the ball (second was dubious)...and then on our defensive line he got sucked into a push and shove allowing Smith to grubber through the gap. He is more experienced than that and I hope Carty got up him for the latter.

Some on here have mentioned some dubious decisionsagainst us?...yet no one has mentioned the forward pass to Atkins at the end....

I just thought Cronulla played out of their skin and we were flat....Now we got it out of our system bring on the Tigers.

Rage
29-08-10, 02:19 PM
By Ben Horne AAP Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:29:18
Gold Coast five-eighth Mat Rogers is confident he will be fit to take on Wests Tigers next week despite suffering a hip injury in the Titans' 30-16 NRL loss to Cronulla.

Rogers copped a hit with about 20 minutes to go on Saturday night but is hopeful of being right for Friday night's blockbuster against the Tigers at Skilled Park because it is an impact injury and not muscular.

The retiring veteran has been in outstanding form at pivot, and his absence could cause disruption to the strong momentum the Titans are carrying into the finals.

Gold Coast may have to win on Friday to secure a top four berth and a home final.

"I think I'm just getting every injury before I retire just to say I've had it but I'll be right," Rogers joked.

"It's a bit of a hip flexor, hip pointer, hip something.

"It's pretty sore but I think it'll be alright. It's just a little bit painful and I couldn't really run so not much point being out there if you can't run."

Saturday night's shock loss to the Sharks ended the Titans' five-match winning streak but Rogers wasn't overly concerned.

However, he was sorry that the team couldn't win for Greg Bird, who made his return to Toyota Stadium after being sacked by the Sharks in 2008.

Rogers, who also spent many years in the Shire earlier in his career, said the team was determined to make it a memorable night for second rower Bird - who will switch back to No.6 should Rogers be ruled out on Friday.

"He's doing everything right, he just adds some starch to our defensive line and it was a shame that we couldn't win for him more than anyone," he said.

"He sort of got driven out of town here and never mind he's playing semi-final football in a couple of weeks and hopefully we can get that elusive premiership that we never got at the Sharks together."

Titans coach John Cartwright is also confident welcoming back injured duo Anthony Laffranchi and Preston Campbell.

Should he have a full complement, Cartwright would have a tough decision as to whether he starts Bird in the back row or uses him as an impact player off the bench.

Bird isn't sure what his role will be.

"When you have a few weeks off the fitness is a little bit out so that was just a concern to make sure I played the full 80 and pulled out the other side without making too many errors," Bird said.

"... I'm happy to slip into the 17 wherever I can."

Source: www.nrl.com

teke
29-08-10, 02:54 PM
You gotta laugh at Taga, every week he never fails to do the simplest of errors.

A few minutes later he turns it around a creams someone into next week :laugh:

Rage
29-08-10, 04:49 PM
have to beat the Tigers by 9 to draw level with them on points differential and comp points.

eelectrica
29-08-10, 05:31 PM
With the way results have gone, Titans must win next friday to get a top four spot.
Panthers should win tomorrow night.
Warriors should kill Parra next week.
If that happens and the Titans lose, bye bye top 4.
If we're good enough we'll get it. If we want a GF spot it's a game we're going to have to win at some point.

Coaster
29-08-10, 05:46 PM
We can not go into the finals on a two game losing streak, it doesn't matter what the ladder is we MUST win against Tigpies.

teke
29-08-10, 05:50 PM
We can not go into the finals on a two game losing streak, it doesn't matter what the ladder is we MUST win against Tigpies.Tigers are playing impressively over the last few weeks and imo they arent in top form yet.

Teams that have been on a hot running streak seem to go on a mini losing streak once their 1st loss comes. Friday night match should be one of the games of the year.

eelectrica
29-08-10, 05:58 PM
Sounds like Tigers have some injury worries, and with a top 4 spot sewn up will probably be inclined to rest injured players.
Still it would be nice to beat them at fulll strength... Unless of course we still have Presto and Laffranchi out.

titanstattman
29-08-10, 06:09 PM
I also think its time for the gold coast fans to get off the lounge nd get to skilled nd show the team we will stand as one nd make 2010 our year..

And we also looking at the u/20's making the 8 so please gold coast grab ur mates nd family.. And stand as one...

titansrawesome
29-08-10, 06:16 PM
I also think its time for the gold coast fans to get off the lounge nd get to skilled nd show the team we will stand as one nd make 2010 our year..

And we also looking at the u/20's making the 8 so please gold coast grab ur mates nd family.. And stand as one...

i would love to go,however then i probably wouldn't have any money to go to the home final which is more important

titanstattman
29-08-10, 06:21 PM
i would love to go,however then i probably wouldn't have any money to go to the home final which is more important

Every game from now on is that important...

eelectrica
29-08-10, 06:30 PM

If the Titans don't win their won't be a home final.
Although win the 1st final and their will be a final in week 2 at Suncorp.

Coaster
29-08-10, 08:18 PM
I'll be there.

No excuses

titansrawesome
29-08-10, 08:29 PM
I'll be there.

No excuses

ill make an effort, i should get some decent pay from getting time and a half pay on friday, also i want to laugh at my ****y wests tigers friend who is going ans saying we suck ass since we lost to the sharks and that they are 2nd

jimbeam06
29-08-10, 09:03 PM
Hey if we beat the tigers will we finish 2Nd ????

Coaster
29-08-10, 09:11 PM
Hey if we beat the tigers will we finish 2Nd ????

We need the Pathers to lose tomorrow night, and beat the tigers by 9

karnage
29-08-10, 09:26 PM
We can beat the Tigers and still finish as low as 4th if we beat them by less than 9 points and the Panthers chalk up wins against the Dogs and the Sharks.

If we lose we will most likely fall all the way down to SIXTH!! Because we will finish on 32 points with a for and against worse than both the Warriors and the Roosters who have fairly soft last rounds against the Eels and the hopeless Cowboys respectively.

That is how mental our competition is. There is only one round to go and we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 6th. Here are our most likely outcomes as I see them:

FINISH 2nd
Beat the Tigers this Friday by more than 9 points and have the Panthers drop one of their last 2 against lowly opponents.

FINISH 3rd
Beat the Tigers by less than 9 and have the Panthers drop 1 of their last 2. Or, Beat the Tigers by more than 9 and have the Panthers win both of their games. Or, beat the Tigers by less than 9 and have the Panthers lose BOTH of their last 2 (probably not gonna happen...).

FINISH 4th
Beat the Tigers by less than 9 and have the Panthers win both of their last 2. Or, lose to the Tigers and have the Warriors and the Roosters both lose (and let's face it the Cowboys are the last team on Earth that you would be having your last $10 on so it is basically win = home final).

FINISH 5th
Lose to the Tigers and have one of the Warriors or the Roosters lose.

FINISH 6th
Lose to the Tigers and watch both of the Warriors and the Roosters win.

Those scenarios are IDENTICAL for the Tigers players as well so motivation will not be lacking this Friday. It is a cliche but it is an absolute fact this week and that is that the Finals have definitely come one week early.

Coaster is 100% right when he says that we cannot go into the finals on the back of 2 losses, if for no other reason than we will most likely finish in 6th position, which is something none of us would have seen as remotely possible after the stirring win over the Rooster on MNF. And that is to say nothing of the mental scars it would inflict or the media bashing we would inevitably receive in the wake of last years straight sets exit from 3rd spot.

I like Tattman's call to arms about getting to the game too. I had spinal surgery 9 days ago but I'm on track to be there. It is time for Gold Coaster's to get out there and get vocal!!

Our season depends on a win this coming week, pure and simple.

titanstattman
29-08-10, 09:49 PM
On the nrl site its 37 tigers nd 19 titans on the F & A? So we have to beat them by 18?

karnage
29-08-10, 09:56 PM
If we beat them by 9 it will add 9 to ours and take 9 off theirs and create the 18 point swing we need.

titansrawesome
29-08-10, 10:03 PM
If we beat them by 9 it will add 9 to ours and take 9 off theirs and create the 18 point swing we need.

but we should make it 10 because we might not win the tie breaker

titanstattman
29-08-10, 10:03 PM

Haha I just went nd had a look again nd I just worked it out.. Its been a big weekend

Coaster
29-08-10, 10:50 PM
but we should make it 10 because we might not win the tie breaker

The tie is based on percentage which is based on defense, correct me if I'm wrong but we are already in front of tigers in that, so if we win by nine will be enough

jimbeam06
30-08-10, 09:19 AM
So what everyone is saying we shot our selves in the foot???

karnage
30-08-10, 09:45 AM
So what everyone is saying we shot our selves in the foot???

We might be saying that if we lose to the Tigers but we still have our destiny in our own hands and have the simple equation of winning and securing a home final.

If we win well on Friday the loss to the Sharks will mean nothing.

walley
30-08-10, 10:06 AM
I was a little disappointed in Toopi considering the blinder he had last week. The first 2 penalties against us was for him stripping the ball (second was dubious)...and then on our defensive line he got sucked into a push and shove allowing Smith to grubber through the gap. He is more experienced than that and I hope Carty got up him for the latter.

Toopi is an idiot, i was there at the game and was standing right in front of it, he got baited by snowden with that push and shove, if he was in his defensive line and not having a sledge with snow, smith would not have put that grubber through, therefore he wouldnt have scored! Mind you i did laugh when snow gave him a little slap over the face and said thanks for that mate... then toopi still had a go after he scored, and kept going when the sharks players were all running in to congratulate smith

Coaster
30-08-10, 10:30 AM
Toopie was itching to get suspended. The way he kept lifting the legs, i was shaking my head.

TITAN PETE
30-08-10, 10:40 AM
We might be saying that if we lose to the Tigers but we still have our destiny in our own hands and have the simple equation of winning and securing a home final.

If we win well on Friday the loss to the Sharks will mean nothing.

Not quite , if the Panthers win both games & we beat the Tigers we will have a home semi but we won't finish 2nd ....:nope: , so lets hope the Dogs can do to the Panthers what the Sharks did to us ;) , then we'll only have to give the Tigers a touch up by 19 points :ugh:

Coaster
30-08-10, 10:44 AM
Not quite , if the Panthers win both games & we beat the Tigers we will have a home semi but we won't finish 2nd ....:nope: , so lets hope the Dogs can do to the Panthers what the Sharks did to us ;) , then we'll only have to give the Tigers a touch up by 19 points :ugh:

Yeah lets hope the Panthers get done tonight

BTW We only need to beat the tigers by 9 points , half of 18 because there f&a would reduce as ours went up

TITAN PETE
30-08-10, 10:47 AM
Toopie was itching to get suspended. The way he kept lifting the legs, i was shaking my head.

I thought Carty would've benched him after the Smith try when Tag was waiting to get a run but he did make 17 tackles which is pretty high in the centres

TITAN PETE
30-08-10, 10:48 AM
Yeah lets hope the Panthers get done tonight

BTW We only need to beat the tigers by 9 points , half of 18 because there f&a would reduce as ours went up

Yeah mate i saw my mistake after i finished & wasn't quick enough to save face :?) ..lucky i'm a Mod now :laugh:

Coaster
30-08-10, 10:56 AM
Yeah mate i saw my mistake after i finished & wasn't quick enough to save face :?) ..lucky i'm a Mod now :laugh:

You are too, congrats mate, well deserved!!!

bigjim
30-08-10, 03:57 PM
I must admit, I saw this loss coming. Cronulla at Shark Park is a bit of a bogey for us.
Not concerned. With Anthony and Preston back we will have a great game against the Tigers. Just hope Matty is okay.:thumbsup: