PDA

View Full Version : RABBITOHS RE-SIGN WESSER

DIEHARD
19-08-10, 04:45 PM
RABBITOHS RE-SIGN WESSER

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have re-signed fullback Rhys Wesser for the 2011 season.

The former Queensland State of Origin player agreed to terms with the Rabbitohs today, extending his stint with the Club into its third year.

Wesser will play his 201st first grade game against his former Club, the Penrith Panthers, tomorrow night, returning to CUA Stadium for the first time since joining the Rabbitohs for the 2009 season.

“Rhys is the complete professional and we’re very pleased that he will be with us for a further season,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.

“Rhys has been getting back to some of his best form after recovering from a knee injury which kept him out for most of last season, and he will be a mentor for some of our developing young players that are coming through the grades.

“It’s great to have Rhys here for next season and we look forward to seeing some of his best football being played in the red and green this year and next.”

Wesser says he is delighted to be staying at South Sydney.

“I’m really happy to be a rabbit again. I think we have a great team here and I want to be part of that,” Wesser said.

“There are a lot of good young players coming through at the Club, and hopefully we can perform strongly over the next three weeks and qualify for the finals this year, and then lay a good platform for another big year in 2011.”

BIOGRAPHY
Name: Rhys Wesser
Position: Fullback
Height: 174cm
Weight: 85kg
Date of Birth: 31 March 1979
Place of Birth: Rockhampton, QLD
NRL Debut: Panthers vs Tigers, Penrith Football Stadium, 17 May 1998 (Rd 10)
NRL Games: 200 (23 for the Rabbitohs)
NRL Points: 486 (121 tries, one goal)

Source: Souths