PDA

View Full Version : Round 22: Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels

DIEHARD
02-08-10, 03:50 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/titansvseels.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/titans.jpg

Preston Campbell, Kevin Gordon, Steve Michaels, Clinton Toopi, William Zillman, Mat Rogers, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Matthew White, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Michael Henderson, Brad Meyers, Ben Ridge, Bodene Thompson, Shannon Walker (one to be omitted).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/parra.gif

Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt, Joel Reddy, Jonathon Wright, Krisnan Inu, Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer, Nathan Cayless (capt), Matthew Keating, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathan Hindmarsh (capt), Ben Smith, Feleti Mateo. Interchange: Kris Keating, Tim Mannah, Justin Horo, Justin Poore.

DIEHARD
02-08-10, 03:56 AM
Make sure you are at Skilled Park this Friday for the match against the Parramatta Eels!

Tickets - http://www.ticketek.com.au

Surfers6
02-08-10, 01:09 PM
Great game this friday, contain the Hayne Pain and we will be in for a good win.

Some good replacements coming back, should be an exciting team named.
I hope Carty goes with this.

1 P.Campbell
2 K.Gordon
3 S.Michaels
4 B.Thompson
5 W.Zillman
6 M.Rogers
7 S.Prince
8 L.Bailey
9 N.Friend
10 M.White
11 A.Laffranchi
12 A.Harrison
13 G.Bird

14 M.Henderson
15 M.Minichello
16 B.Meyers / B.Ridge / R.James
17 S.Walker

titansrawesome
02-08-10, 04:48 PM
Great game this friday, contain the Hayne Pain and we will be in for a good win.

Some good replacements coming back, should be an exciting team named.
I hope Carty goes with this.

1 P.Campbell
2 K.Gordon
3 S.Michaels
4 B.Thompson
5 W.Zillman
6 M.Rogers
7 S.Prince
8 L.Bailey
9 N.Friend
10 M.White
11 A.Laffranchi
12 A.Harrison
13 G.Bird

14 M.Henderson
15 M.Minichello
16 B.Meyers / B.Ridge / R.James
17 S.Walker

thats a bad call, toopi has been great for us and actually plays centre, bodene on the bench for walker or meyers.

karnage
02-08-10, 07:24 PM
The makeup of the team will be fascinating this week.

O'Dwyer will be the first to go which is something I never believed I would be saying at this time last year.

I couldn't drop Mini - he has a dropped ball in him each week but he really bends the line and is ferocious off the back of quick play the balls.

I would probably drop Laffranchi back to the bench in place of Henderson and leave Thompson on the bench. I would go with this:

Presto
Zip-Zip
Michaels
Toopi
Gordon
Rogers
Prince

Bailey
Friend
White
Mini / Boof
Harro
Bird

BENCH
Myers
Mini / Boof
Bo (I love this kid...)
Ridge / James (they can be alternated in and out to keep them fresh and help with their development)

karnage
02-08-10, 07:25 PM
Should be an epic match - let's hope we get a crowd befitting the occasion.

Titanic
02-08-10, 07:32 PM
a winning backline shouldn't be tampered with ... hopefully
we need an 80 minute Bird so there lies the challenge

matti
02-08-10, 08:37 PM
heard when watching titans vs warriors that bird might be back this weeek

DIEHARD
02-08-10, 09:18 PM
If Harro and Bird are back. I think you'd leave Rogers at 5/8th. Move Bird to lock, Ash to 2nd row and put Mini to the bench as an impact player.

A problem, but a good problem to be trying to squeeze such classy players into the team.

matti
02-08-10, 09:37 PM
wish i could tell the boys to run at hindmarsh all night, as i know now his a bit of a pansy in real life ha

teke
02-08-10, 11:43 PM
If Harro and Bird are back. I think you'd leave Rogers at 5/8th. Move Bird to lock, Ash to 2nd row and put Mini to the bench as an impact player.

A problem, but a good problem to be trying to squeeze such classy players into the team.I would put Mini on the bench aswell. It will enable Bird to go back into the position everyone knows he has to play.

The Titans having Mini come off the bench would be unreal imo.

DIEHARD
03-08-10, 01:11 AM
The Titans having Mini come off the bench would be unreal imo.

I agree, the bench isn't what it used to be. It's an essential part of football.

DIEHARD
03-08-10, 04:36 AM
Rogers has no fear of Bird shuffle

TITANS veteran Mat Rogers says he does not mind if the impending return of Greg Bird forces him away from five-eighth for Friday night's clash with Parramatta at Skilled Park.

Rogers has been inspirational playing outside skipper Scott Prince the past two weeks and scored two tries in the Titans' gutsy 28-20 win over the New Zealand Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium on Sunday.

But Titans coach John Cartwright has made no secret of the fact he likes Bird at five-eighth.

If Bird does return against the Eels as expected, it is likely to mean a return to the centres for Rogers.

But the man himself said it did not bother him.

''Wherever I am I look forward to the challenge of it,'' Rogers said at the club's recovery session today.

''Nothing changes with me I still catch the ball, run away from the big blokes and try to score tries.''

All the talk in recent weeks has been about the 34-year-old's future at the Titans and the game in general.

Rogers said it was not playing on his mind.

''There is no timeframe from my end ... the thought of next year doesn't even enter my mind, I don't care about next year,'' he said.

''I am just worrying about the rest of the season with the Titans.''

That rest of the season does look promising for the Titans and Rogers believes both he and the club have hit their straps at the same time.

''The last month has probably been the best football I have played for a while and I think as a club it has been as well,'' he said.

''The last month, everything has sort of come together for the club and my form has as well.

''But there is still a lot of football between now and the finals.''

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
03-08-10, 05:01 AM
Eels need to work together: Hagan

Former Parramatta coach Michael Hagan claims in-form fullback Jarryd Hayne needs more help from his supporting cast if the Eels are to get their NRL finals charge going again.

Despite labelling Saturday night's pummelling at the hands of the Sydney Roosters a mere "hiatus", Hagan said Hayne needed more from his teammates.

"If certain things aren't being done collectively by the group, it makes it difficult for those really talented players to have an impact, because they're not in the right part of the field or they're on the back foot," Hagan said.

"The intent was not there from the start (against the Roosters) ... if the start and the intent isn't as it should be then that's going to impact on the influence any good player can have on the game."

But Hagan said from what he saw in the three-match win streak that preceded the loss to the Roosters, the Eels were more than capable of forcing their way into the top eight.

"Apart from the weekend, there's been a very good contribution from a lot of people within the team," Hagan said.

"I'm sure it was just bit of a hiatus on the weekend where everyone was a bit off and the Roosters were certainly on."

Hagan coached Hayne in the early stages of the NSW and Test star's career, and gave him his first opportunity at fullback back in 2007.

He is also well placed to make a judgement on the ability of a side to ride on the back of one player, having coached one of the game's greatest individual talents in Newcastle champion Andrew Johns.

While acknowledging Hayne and Johns brought a different set of skills to the table, Hagan said the reigning Dally M player of the year could still take something from Johns' methods.

"Joey learnt to play a lot more patiently at the back end of his career because he knew that if he wasn't patient himself it didn't give you the opportunity to be in the right part of the field or execute the money plays," Hagan said.

"(Hayne's) only young so that's certainly going to come."

Parramatta don't have much time to dwell on the loss to the Roosters with another vital match against Gold Coast on Friday night.

A loss to the Titans and wins for the Warriors and Brisbane - who play lowly Cronulla and North Queensland respectively - could leave Parramatta four points out of the top eight and facing a tough ask to secure a finals spot.

http://news.smh.com.au/

amaline
03-08-10, 12:16 PM
Official Team

1. Campbell
2. Gordon
3. Michaels
4. Toopi
5. Zillman
6. Rogers
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Friend
10. White
11. Laffranchi
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Henderson
15. Myers
16. Ridge
17. Thompson
18. Walker

http://www.titans.com.au/default.aspx?s=titans-tv

teke
03-08-10, 12:49 PM
Titans will end Parras season this week.

I will enjoy every little bit of it

matti
03-08-10, 01:23 PM
im not a fan of the lineup at all, i think mini on the bench would be a great impact into the game, gordon needs to mark hayne all night as he is our fastest player, if we take hayne out of the game then the eels are useless, sometimes i think carty needs to come on here and see what we think , we watch the games everyweek , the only issue we ave is the tackles, everytime the other team gets to offload the ball each time, we need someone at the legs and the top half

Coaster
03-08-10, 01:41 PM
The roosters showed last week how to defend Hayne, Anasta did a great job of getting in his face early and putting him on the ground, the rest of the players held there line, if you come out of the line your stuffed, if you send more then 2 at him your in trouble, just use the sideline as a defender, and put him on the ground HARD.

Bird will be salivating at the chance to get hold of him, and treat him like his girlfriend, he did it in the Allstar game and Hayne sh*t himself.

Coaster
03-08-10, 01:44 PM
Im having a shocker today, is Bird even playing?

Bah, this cold weather making me crazy :drinkies:

matti
03-08-10, 02:15 PM
dont say its cold up there, im coming up tommorrow! and i refused to get plaster on my hand so i can cheeer more for friday

karnage
03-08-10, 02:17 PM
He ins't named but he still has 3 days to come good. You are spot in with the way he treated him in the All Star game - there was a certain arrogance to the way he treated him that I enjoyed watching.

Interesting to see elsewhere that you called Parra our 'bunnies'. The only problem with that is that they have won the only game between us that really mattered. Hopefully we can return the favour for them ending our season last year.

Ryan
03-08-10, 02:28 PM
im not a fan of the lineup at all, i think mini on the bench would be a great impact into the game, gordon needs to mark hayne all night as he is our fastest player, if we take hayne out of the game then the eels are useless, sometimes i think carty needs to come on here and see what we think , we watch the games everyweek , the only issue we ave is the tackles, everytime the other team gets to offload the ball each time, we need someone at the legs and the top half

Come on mate, I think you should give more credit to Cartwright. He has come up with game plans that have shut out much better fullbacks than Hayne.

Haynes biggest weakness' are his laziness, and his poor positioning in defence.
In attack we should work from one side of the field to the other and utilise cross field kicks, which will make Hayne run from one side of the field to the other to defend. He doesn't have the fitness or stamina to keep that up for long, and he is just flatout lazy in most periods of the game.

So when he is caught out of position, thats when Prince, Campbell and Rogers should be short kicking over the defensive the line for our fast backs to run through, pickup and eventually score - or cross field kicking early for Gordon and Zillman down the sideline.

I've never seen Jarryd play a full half of football, let alone a full game. He breaks a few tackles in a few good runs and maybe even puts on a try or two to make the commentors jack-off each other. But he only performs in 5min passages, slacks off, then quite often fails as last line of defense and concedes points.

matti
03-08-10, 02:39 PM
yer i no ryran but i think some of the guys on here have some good valid lineups

TITAN PETE
03-08-10, 05:44 PM
Bird is still about 2 to 3 weeks away after trying to hard too early & re-injuring his Hami

karnage
03-08-10, 07:03 PM
Ryan is spot on with his assessment of Hayne's weaknesses at FB. It is the difference between he and Billy Slater who works his butt off for 80 every week.

Could Bird's absense become a blessing in disguise in the run to the finals??reshen him up and he can become a finals x-factor in the way Mateo was for the Eels at the end of '09.

karnage
03-08-10, 07:07 PM
Eels:
Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt, Joel Reddy, Timana Tahu, Krisnan Inu, Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer, Nathan Cayless ?, Matthew Keating, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathan Hindmarsh ?, Ben Smith, Feleti Mateo; Interchange: Kris Keating, Tim Mannah, Justin Horo, Justin Poore

No surprises there then.

My most hated team in the NRL bar none...

Chaos
03-08-10, 08:36 PM
We should try and win this straight through the forwards...our forwards have dominated every game and Parra only have one good one (Foi Foi)...their bench is probably stronger then their run on pack.

Their strength is in the outside backs but poor halves and lack of play makers makes hayne a ball player.
This doesn't give them a fullback to come from depth.
Which ever side Hayne attacks we should slide with numbers.

Send our little men at Cayless

Mushi
04-08-10, 01:56 PM
I'm confident if we stick with our game plan and keep our defence in tact then we will topple the eels!! looking forward to a win at home - its been a little while since we've won there so lookign forward to lots of yelling and screaming and cheering! parra will come out determined after their flogging last week but as long as we don't play into their hands and complete our sets we will walk all over them - oh and dont be scared to tackle Hayne - hes just one man - too bad we don't have bird to tackle him a few times!!! maybe we need to send Bodene at him instead :)

titansrawesome
04-08-10, 02:36 PM
ill be dissapointed if we dont hammer the eels especially after that performance they had last week.

Ryan
04-08-10, 03:26 PM
ill be dissapointed if we dont .........

a) hammer the eels
b) give kev more space
c) spread da ball more
d) pass da ball 2 kev
e) all de above

titansrawesome
04-08-10, 03:38 PM
a) hammer the eels
b) give kev more space
c) spread da ball more
d) pass da ball 2 kev
e) all de above

i chooes e)

eelectrica
04-08-10, 04:32 PM
Go Parra!
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/Eelectrica2k7/couch.gif

Ryan
04-08-10, 05:07 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/Eelectrica2k7/couch.gif
Thats where Jarryd Hayne will be after the game.

amaline
04-08-10, 06:14 PM
Thats where Jarryd Hayne will be after the game.

Also where he'll be during this years finals series.

hully gully
04-08-10, 06:59 PM
ITS TIME FOR THE HAYNE PLANE TO BE SHOT DOWN LEGIONS GOTTA GIVE IT TO HIM.......

titansrawesome
04-08-10, 08:06 PM
ITS TIME FOR THE HAYNE PLANE TO BE SHOT DOWN LEGIONS GOTTA GIVE IT TO HIM.......

that already happened last week.

DIEHARD
04-08-10, 11:03 PM
Titans v Eels
Skilled Park Friday 7.35pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/titansvseels.jpg

There are some nervous followers out there. The Rabbitohs? fans are nervous about injuries and their side being unable to overcome them to make the finals. The Dragons? fans are nervous the team might be building up to another failure. But perhaps it is the fans of these two clubs, the Titans and the Eels, who are the most nervous ? and with good reason as this clash shapes up as crunch time.

Despite some fantastic wins over the past fortnight, the Titans have never looked certain of a finals berth and still sit in the middle of the logjam in fifth spot.

A win here could get them to fourth but a loss could see them freefall to eighth.

The Eels inflated some hopes with some Jarryd Hayne-inspired victories ? before the Carney Concorde grounded the Hayne Plane in a fabulous Roosters rout last weekend.

This has the Eels back in 10th, still with a negative differential, and while they might have been second favourites to win the premiership a week ago, they are still far from a certainty to even make the finals.

The nerves will definitely continue until a spot in the post-season is locked up, which for the Titans requires two more wins (one might cut it but their negative differential could kill them) while the Eels need four out of five to be certain, or three out of five with a lot of luck.

The run home for both sides suggests the Titans should get it done if they win here, with remaining games against the lowly Cowboys and Sharks as well as tough games against the Roosters and Wests Tigers.

But the Eels will be right up against the wall if they falter in this match, and face virtual sudden death against Brisbane (away), the Wests Tigers (home), the Rabbitohs (away) and the Warriors (home).

The home-side Gold Coast welcome back Origin forward Ashley Harrison at lock, which pushes Bodene Thompson to the bench. Luke O?Dwyer is out of the side that beat the Warriors after not being used in the match, with Shannon Walker joining a five-man bench.

The Eels have named the same side from their heavy loss to the Roosters, allowing the 17 men the chance to atone and right the ship.

Watch out Titans: It?s an obvious one but it must be stated. The Eels? chances revolve around Jarryd Hayne and his impact. As soon as the Roosters were able to contain his impact, by kicking in short when he was back deep and by keeping the ball out of his hands as often as possible, the Eels lost any impetus.

They scored one try from his brilliance, the other from a passage of play too crazy to explain but it was essentially off a dropped ball.

If you keep the ?Hayne Plane? on the tarmac, you beat the Eels; it?s that simple. Hayne averages 169 metres a match (so kick away from him), has 11 line-breaks (three from kick returns), 14 line-break assists, nine tries and 13 try assists.

Watch out Eels: The Titans are going to send the cross-field kicks soaring on numerous occasions.

NRL.com revealed this week that the Gold Coast are the best in the league at getting repeat sets from goal-line drop-outs but giving their attacking kickers even more confidence this week is the knowledge the Eels have conceded more tries from kicks than any other side in the NRL. On 23 occasions the Eels have conceded points to kicks, and it is the cross-field bombs they have the biggest problem with.

As a team they are successfully defusing just 37 per cent of these kicks, to rank dead last in the competition. If this weren?t bad enough, they come up against a deadly accurate kicker in Scott Prince, who will be able to pinpoint their two wingers who successfully defuse just 20 per cent of cross-field bombs. In other words, expect Luke Burt and Krisnan Inu to get rained on from a great height throughout the contest.

Where it will be won: Between the ears. The Titans can win this game by just playing smart football, going in with a good game plan and executing it.

Brian Smith is no dummy ? he researched Hayne and his positioning and he then exploited it to a tee last week. The Titans can do the same.

If they play clever, and they have arguably the smartest organising halfback in the game in Scott Prince, then they can nullify the Eels. If they play dumb and give up easy possession and field position, the Eels will get the confidence, Hayne will be cleared for take-off? and the Eels? season will be alive and kicking.

The kicking game will be paramount for both sides. For the Titans it will be about placing the ball away from Hayne and chasing hard all day. For the Eels the focus needs to be distance and accuracy. The Titans can generate repeat sets with good field position but from distance they won?t be as effective. The Eels need to hem them down in their half, force them to take chances, and then force errors.

The History: Played 4; Titans 3, Eels 1. The last time these two met was in the finals last year when the Eels recorded their only win. In the three previous regular season games, the Titans have triumphed ? including the sole encounter at Skilled Park.

Conclusion: It is anybody?s game, despite the Titans coming in hot and the Eels coming in cold. The Gold Coast is returning home after a gruelling two weeks away and might be a little flat to start this match. Remember two weeks ago when the Bulldogs started flat against the Eels? It was goodnight in a matter of minutes.

The Eels must come out firing to give them the confidence they need to get the job done, but if the Titans can maintain their strength in defence, the Eels might be forced into panic football.

Don?t be afraid to tip either side here.

Match officials: Referees ? Gavin Badger & Tony De Las Heras; Sideline Officials ? Paul Holland & Gavin Morris; Video Ref ? Sean Hampstead.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 7.30pm (NSW), delayed 9.30pm (Qld); Fox Sports ? Delayed 11.30pm

Source: http://www.nrl.com

matti
05-08-10, 01:27 PM
im in qld and been to the titantium bar already, nice place, cant wait for tomm game as well i will seee you all tomm!!!

DIEHARD
05-08-10, 05:35 PM
im in qld and been to the titantium bar already, nice place, cant wait for tomm game as well i will seee you all tomm!!!

See you @ Skilled Park mate! Not long now! Enjoy the T-Bar!

Coaster
05-08-10, 06:13 PM
These SOB's finished our season last year, we now have a chance to return that favor.

This is the game going through our boys minds for the long pre season, let's see what they have learnt

DIEHARD
05-08-10, 07:51 PM
SMH: TITANS vs PARRAMATTA PREVIEW
Friday, Skilled Park, 7.35pm

Referees: Gavin Badger, Tony De Las Heras
Head to head: Titans 3, Eels 1
Last clash: Eels 27 bt Titans 2 at Sydney Football Stadium (Semi-final 2009)
TAB SportsBet: Titans $1.80, Eels $2.00
FootyTab: Eels +2.5

Things are not desperate yet for the Eels, but they could be if they lose here. Defeat, plus other results going against them, could see them exit this round four points outside of the top eight instead of their current two. So it really is time for action. But it's going to be hard against a Titans outfit that has bounced back strongly in recent weeks after a three-game losing streak.

The Titans have won two in a row, and both games were on the road. They knocked over the Dragons 11-10 and the Warriors 28-20. Those wins reeked of character. The Eels had won three in a row, over the Cowboys, Panthers and Bulldogs, before being belted 48-12 by the Roosters last weekend. The Titans haven't been as dominant as usual at home this season, but they will really appreciate going back there this week.

TITANS: Preston Campbell, Kevin Gordon, Steve Michaels, Clinton Toopi, William Zillman, Mat Rogers, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Nathan Friend, Matthew White, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Michael Henderson, Brad Meyers, Ben Ridge, Bodene Thompson, Shannon Walker (one to be omitted).

EELS: Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt, Joel Reddy, Jonathon Wright, Krisnan Inu, Jeff Robson, Daniel Mortimer, Nathan Cayless (capt), Matthew Keating, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathan Hindmarsh (capt), Ben Smith, Feleti Mateo. Interchange: Kris Keating, Tim Mannah, Justin Horo, Justin Poore.

Source: SMH

DIEHARD
06-08-10, 07:29 AM
Parra's Tahu is out with an ankle injury for tonights game.

TITAN PETE
06-08-10, 08:12 AM
Parra's Tahu is out with an ankle injury for tonights game.

Bullshyte injury it's called Fear :fight:

Surfers6
06-08-10, 12:01 PM
Anyone know who will drop off the bench?

I want to put a bet for Walker as last try...

teke
06-08-10, 12:31 PM
These SOB's finished our season last year, we now have a chance to return that favor.

This is the game going through our boys minds for the long pre season, let's see what they have learnt:fight: :fight:

Finish off these slimey snakes

gotitans101
06-08-10, 01:12 PM
The only thing which worries me a bit is the shortish turnaround from playing in Auckland on Sunday, wouldn't surprise me if we were a bit flat. But lets hope that's not the case, as Coaster said, these guys knocked us out of the finals last year, it's time for a bit of payback!

titansrawesome
06-08-10, 01:32 PM
the one thing that worries me is the unpredictability of the nrl, a team can lose 5 in a row only to beat a top contender the next game

JoshyCii
06-08-10, 01:42 PM
If we can play a full 80 minutes like we played the second half of the game against the Warriors we won't have to worry.

As long as we can keep Hayne from getting a lot of space we should roll them!

Mushi
06-08-10, 01:58 PM
I actually think we usually play better after a short turnaround rather than a bigger one - think coming off byes or long breaks - we are usually very flat then! Looking forward to cheering on the boys tonight at skilled - victory is ours!!!!!

matti
06-08-10, 02:02 PM
im at robina shops now , just going to have a game of bowling! just look out for the weird looking guy with the tats

Boofhead
06-08-10, 02:02 PM
the one thing that worries me is the unpredictability of the nrl, a team can lose 5 in a row only to beat a top contender the next game

but srsly, giv it to kev.

titansrawesome
06-08-10, 02:32 PM
but srsly, giv it to kev.

yep........

patskE
06-08-10, 04:52 PM
yep........

yeh, iam agree
kev needs more ball
and needs to score more trys then rogers, so he can make fun at him!

anyone see that?
after rogers 2nd try and gave it to kev :( asking how many he got
poor kev, just needs the ball

DIEHARD
06-08-10, 05:07 PM
On my way to the game now on the train. Running late but will still have 40mins to spare. The day started bad but now it's turned around. So we are definitely gonna win!

Enjoy the game Titans fans! Cheer loud!

Coaster
06-08-10, 06:24 PM
Updates please guys, I'm blind here :fight:

JoshyCii
06-08-10, 07:30 PM
We need a good second half now. 12-0 to the Eels hopefully we'll come back strong.

Coaster
06-08-10, 07:34 PM
Zillman has lost his kicking license.
Prince needs to stand the F*CK UP, from what im hearing, he is once again thinking he is Lockyer??? FFS i hate weak halfbacks!!

Rogers sounds like going great, keep trying things, its what wins games

Cowboy Titan
06-08-10, 08:34 PM
What a great 2nd half by the Titans. I'm guessing that's their best ever. Would love to have been there but I'm stuck up in Rockhampton.

JoshyCii
06-08-10, 08:36 PM
Coaster, sorry but Prince had an amazing 2nd half and deservedly earned Man of the Match, Hayne was completely destroyed and unheard of in the 2nd half.

Coaster
06-08-10, 08:41 PM
Coaster, sorry but Prince had an amazing 2nd half and deservedly earned Man of the Match

Happy to be mistaken.

Can not see the game, but listening on the radio.
BTW was talking about his first half, and glad he amended his BS.

gotitans101
06-08-10, 08:43 PM
BRILLIANT 2ND HALF BY THE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboy Titan
06-08-10, 08:53 PM
Back in the top 4 if the Tigers lose to the Bunnies and heading to the finals in great form. Keep it up boys.

RobJ
06-08-10, 09:02 PM
Absolutely awesome effort in the 2nd half. Even the first half wasn't that bad as theirs were soft. Gilly has to be impressed with that 2nd half defence, that has finals written all over it.
And just how dangerous do we look when both Prince and Rogers BOTH start running? Gotta love it. And the kicking game from both, brilliant.
Just re-sign Mat, and do it fast.
Great job boys and keep up the awesome work.
Love to see that Airport shut down again...........

Coaster
06-08-10, 09:33 PM
Great t see what the difference is this year.

Im impressed, reminds me alot of Mel 99, always with the ability to come back in games, makes us extremely dangerous.

Lets do this.

karnage
06-08-10, 09:38 PM
My God....

The feeling outside the stadium was like nothing I have felt outside Skilled - Gold Coasters united as one!!

Coaster
06-08-10, 09:47 PM
My God....

The feeling outside the stadium was like nothing I have felt outside Skilled - Gold Coasters united as one!!

great stuff mate, you guys came across on the radio so loud and clear.

awesome

Titanic
06-08-10, 10:24 PM
Bloody fantastic ... the Nanjing Rugby League Pub "Talking 2" is now officially the Titans Zone in this part of China.

Supergoose
06-08-10, 11:13 PM
Very proud of the boys. Never flinched despite the impressive shots fired by the eels on the edges early. Funny how we just kept punching through the middle in the first half wearing the eels down. So impressed with our options in attack (not always 1st man) and the while the defence got pierced a couple of times we tightened up nicely in the 2nd and the eels went nowhere.

Mushi
07-08-10, 06:46 AM
What a win!!!! Very quiet in the legion around the half time mark but gee did it get loud and proud in the second!!!! I virtually have no voice this morning :-) Great to see Princey back to his best - guess he wanted to shut up all those writing in to the paper about his "slump" and was fantastic to see us hold the eels scoreless in the second half - the plane was def left on the tarmac last night! A fantastic defensive effort by all and awesome opportunities in attack!! Way to go boys :-)

titansrawesome
07-08-10, 08:52 AM
great to see we are actually putting on good backline plays and kicks and we had great 2nd half defense, i won on a titans-broncos to win multiobet :)

titanfan1980
07-08-10, 10:38 AM
great to see we are actually putting on good backline plays and kicks and we had great 2nd half defense, i won on a titans-broncos to win multiobet :)

nice work on the multi.. just thought id let the people of the forum now, the toyota cup betting is awesome! haha odds are very odd most the time i got our toyota cup boys to win by 13+ at odds of 2.90 and of course parra suck haha so ill be taking a holiday with my winnings!! o and by the way THANK GOD SCOTT PRINCE HAD A GO FOR ONCE HE KILLED IT!

patskE
07-08-10, 10:45 AM
wow
wat a win!
tbh 1st half. parra just used prince as a turn style. it seems whenever prince was in defense, moi moi or hayne was jsut running at him, even when he changed sides of the field. something we have to sort out!. but wow, prince is back i rkn.

BUT GIVE KEV THE BALL!
i think campbell is the only one who passes it to kev, when there is a bit of space...
roger tryed once, but micheals took the pass, when he was aiming to do a cut out. i dnt know, we just need to get him invovled alot more

i dnt know why we dnt just boot it down the field of the scrum... esp in our own half... was watching last night, and hayne didnt really race back to fullback when we had a scrum in our own half, unlike when we had one in our half...

teke
07-08-10, 12:42 PM
i dnt know why we dnt just boot it down the field of the scrum... esp in our own half... was watching last night, and hayne didnt really race back to fullback when we had a scrum in our own half, unlike when we had one in our half...That is an actual play that Prince has organised with Mead and Gordon. A scrum in own 20/30 mtr line then boot down field for the boys to chase.

matti
07-08-10, 12:51 PM
that was the best game i ever beeen tooooo!!! even to go on the field and getting mini jersey was the best thing ever!!! being with the legion at the home game was amazing!! thanks to everyone for a great night and thanks brad heaps yet again!

patskE
07-08-10, 04:52 PM
That is an actual play that Prince has organised with Mead and Gordon. A scrum in own 20/30 mtr line then boot down field for the boys to chase.

y hvnt i ever seen it
need to use his speed

teke
07-08-10, 06:27 PM
y hvnt i ever seen it
need to use his speedCause Carty doesnt know about it and they dont want Cartys spray when it does not come off :D

Prince does kick alot for his wingers though, way more than any other team.

patskE
08-08-10, 12:05 AM
yeh, he always did it for Jeffery's
but he stop'd doing it till last night, same kick aswell, normally further out but.

eelectrica
08-08-10, 07:59 AM
Great to see Princey back in form. Knocked out my old eels out of the race. Titans better stay in the top 4 now. Hoping I can cheer them on through the finals!

TITAN PETE
08-08-10, 10:24 AM
The best 40 minutes Prince has ever played & thanks must go out to Ben Smith for knocking the Fear out of the no7 & allowing him to return to his Brilliant Best , also thought Minni had another great game with Bodene & Ridge having awesome games from the Bench :clap:

Tamwelg
08-08-10, 11:11 AM
The best 40 minutes Prince has ever played & thanks must go out to Ben Smith for knocking the Fear out of the no7 & allowing him to return to his Brilliant Best , also thought Minni had another great game with Bodene & Ridge having awesome games from the Bench :clap:

I mentioned both the Smtih and Fuifui hits bringing Prince back into form to a mate of mine. He was on fire that second half.

Mushi
08-08-10, 01:29 PM
Yep hope the headache's not too bad Princey but it really did bring out your best - great to see you leading the team around the way we all know you can - was great to see him get MOM as well - definitely well deserved!

shavenjas
19-08-10, 06:17 PM
Prince should be ashamed of himself for lying down when this game was at 12 -6 to Parramatta 20 seconds after he got the penalty he puts a perfect kick from the other side of the field into Kevin Gorden's chest geez he must of been really hurt, Jarrod Hayne got hit high twice and could of stayed down but players don't do that unless you are Terry Hill or Scott Prince. Absolutely disgraceful !!!!!!!:mad:

TITAN PETE
19-08-10, 08:21 PM
Who let this knob back on here....

Ryan
19-08-10, 08:38 PM
Who let this knob back on here....

No Lockyer, no Hodges, no finals. Take it easy on her :cry:

TITAN PETE
20-08-10, 09:07 AM
No Lockyer, no Hodges, no finals. Take it easy on her :cry:

Sorry mate i forgot we were trying to encourage Women in League :doh:

Ryan
20-08-10, 10:30 AM
Prince should be ashamed of himself for lying down when this game was at 12 -6 to Parramatta 20 seconds after he got the penalty he puts a perfect kick from the other side of the field into Kevin Gorden's chest geez he must of been really hurt, Jarrod Hayne got hit high twice and could of stayed down but players don't do that unless you are Terry Hill or Scott Prince. Absolutely disgraceful !!!!!!!:mad:

Yeh, it's not like the hits were bad enough to go on report or anything :rolleyes:
Lockyer has taken plenty of dives himself, a good one against the Titans one year too - he couldn't do anything but stare at the ground while the penalty was being taken, couldn't even look Princey in the eye and tell him it wasn't a dive. Micheal Ennis is another champion diver who done his trade with the donkey's, he was good at taking a 'big high hit' then comfortably slotting the penalty goal 30 secs out from half time :laugh:

shavenjas
22-08-10, 01:34 PM
Yeh, it's not like the hits were bad enough to go on report or anything :rolleyes:
Lockyer has taken plenty of dives himself, a good one against the Titans one year too - he couldn't do anything but stare at the ground while the penalty was being taken, couldn't even look Princey in the eye and tell him it wasn't a dive. Micheal Ennis is another champion diver who done his trade with the donkey's, he was good at taking a 'big high hit' then comfortably slotting the penalty goal 30 secs out from half time :laugh:

So it sounds like you are saying Prince did take a dive and that it's ok that players do ? and the DONKEY'S as you call them will no doubt take the Titans out of the finals AGAIN !!!! :laugh:

Steelers
22-08-10, 01:37 PM
and the DONKEY'S as you call them will no doubt take the Titans out of the finals AGAIN !!!! :laugh:

You gotta make it first :laugh:

Ryan
22-08-10, 02:08 PM
So it sounds like you are saying Prince did take a dive and that it's ok that players do ? and the DONKEY'S as you call them will no doubt take the Titans out of the finals AGAIN !!!! :laugh:
Where did I say that Prince did take a dive? Are you dyslexic?
It's either that or you're blind, cause I wreckon watching your team concede 44points 3 weeks out from the finals would have to bring doubt into mind. When it comes to finals contention, I wreckon most donkey fans are feeling as safe as Lockyers ribs!

Oh, and just like last year - the donkeys are at the wrong end of the ladder to knock the Titans out of the finals ;)